PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:23 am
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy

I'm guessing Hinata is Boruto's mom?
yep and both him and her got little sisters Hanabi for her and Hiwari for him Hanabi means Fireworks and Hiwari sunflower Also Sakura has a Daughter with sasuke Sarada are you farther on reading online then you were before yet?Both Choji and Shikamaru end up with foriegn girls. Hidden Cloud Wife for Chouji who has a daugher with and her is Chouchou Chou means Butterfly Shikamaru has son with Temari named Shikadai!

I have simply not had time to read anything. Work has been practically nonstop
wELL MAY BE WATCHING ONLINE WILLL BE EASIER, THOUGH PERSONALLY i FIND MANGA EASIER.

I'd prefer the manga. Less filler, I imagine
Nothing wrong with filler. Hinata knows a filler only jutsu for example. It's just easier for me to read doesn't I love the manga versions more.

True. My only issue with that is that filler, well, takes more time.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:49 pm
Your Boy Roy
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy

wELL MAY BE WATCHING ONLINE WILLL BE EASIER, THOUGH PERSONALLY i FIND MANGA EASIER.

Nothing wrong with filler. Hinata knows a filler only jutsu for example. It's just easier for me to read doesn't I love the manga versions more.

WELL LEAST NARUTO WISE THE TOKYO GHOUL ANIME IS INFERIOR THE MANGA.  

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:43 pm
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy

A bit emphatic about that?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:49 pm
Your Boy Roy
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy

A bit emphatic about that?
Haven't seen all of the anime, but I know my favorite scene isn't in it. https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Narutopedia you can also use this.  

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:36 pm
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

I teach math, so the idea of math hurting my head is laughable. I calculate numbers bigger than what calculators can completely calculate for fun. And from that...I find your explanation still somewhat...lacking. Which is why I can say....that I think you are actually underestimating the numerical value, which is partly a factorial, if I am understanding things correctly.

5*(5*4*3*2*1), wherein the 5 inside the parenthesis represents the 5 powers, and the lower numbers represent the number of ways the power can react if a certain number of people are near (4 ways if 1 other person is near, 3 if 2, and so on). Then multiply that by 5 to do the inside formula for all 5 people. Altogether, that is 600.

Change the formula for 6, and you get: 6*(6*5*4*3*2*1), which equals 6*(720), or 4320 different combinations.

While that may seem big, since there has been a good bit of research that has already been done, it would just be taking it a step further. We don't need to begin again. After all, if we had to start over as a race whenever a new discovery was made, we would likely never have made it past the medieval era, at best. Whenever we discover a new element, we don't need to redo the entire periodic table. Whenever we reach a new digit of pi, we don't need to start from 3.14 again. I think it's plausible to do this new thing.

(And yes, I have calculated a number that won't fit into a calculator without relying on exponents. To the best of my knowledge, since the calculators had to round, it is correct. Somedays I get bored and do tedious math problems.)

Hardly laughable.. though I suppose it does depend where you come from.. but there are many teachers with zero passion for the thing they teach lol.

I am not so much underestimating as I am trying to make certain numbers fit into an analogy without over complicating the matter.

As for starting over as a race each time we make a new discovery.. that is actually close to what must happen. It’s why i refer to it as “reinventing the wheel”

Not only does adding the 6th element force us to rethink how everything interacts we are also tossing out a major game balancing element and rewriting the physics of a world that already had some sketchy physics to begin with. We can certainly accomplish this but if we go this route I don’t want to hear about how tired and busy everyone is later lol

Um...no. That's not how new discovery works. We did not have to start over from the flame when the car was invented, nor when the Wright Brothers flew the first plane. We took what we had, in conjunction with those new forms of transportation, and took the next step forward. Which is what we're doing here. You ARE overcomplicating things.

And there's a difference between finding pleasure in something and being good at it. For example:
I am both good and passionate about math. In addition, though I can be considered passable with playing the trombone, I do not enjoy it.

I’m not overcomplicating it, I’m just explaining why it was complicated to begin with. If you discover a new sub particle to the atom and suddenly it changes whether or not your computer works the complications will spread.

It’s one thing to discover a neat trick
It’s quite another to create something within somethignthat, within your world, is the origin of all things.

Again it’s certainly doable but do you really want to is the problem especially when the current system already has something similar to use

Mm...yeah, you're overcomplicating it. Again, even when they discovered the new features of the atom, they didn't need to start from the giant room-sized computer again. They simply adapted, just like we should do in this guild. So, again, a new discovery/invention does not necessitate remaking the wheel. So, step back, let's see what the idea is, and we'll see how it goes.

That’s because a mere discovery does not change the outcome. This could however. If you decide that electrons work slightly differently the earths could explode.. but getting back to my actual point just go ahead and step back if you really believe you have that kind of free time. You know my position and roughly my reasoning. My goal here is to explain and present not to persuade.
i miss you! sad  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:02 pm
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

Um...no. That's not how new discovery works. We did not have to start over from the flame when the car was invented, nor when the Wright Brothers flew the first plane. We took what we had, in conjunction with those new forms of transportation, and took the next step forward. Which is what we're doing here. You ARE overcomplicating things.

And there's a difference between finding pleasure in something and being good at it. For example:
I am both good and passionate about math. In addition, though I can be considered passable with playing the trombone, I do not enjoy it.

I’m not overcomplicating it, I’m just explaining why it was complicated to begin with. If you discover a new sub particle to the atom and suddenly it changes whether or not your computer works the complications will spread.

It’s quite another to create something within somethignthat, within your world, is the origin of all things.

Again it’s certainly doable but do you really want to is the problem especially when the current system already has something similar to use

Mm...yeah, you're overcomplicating it. Again, even when they discovered the new features of the atom, they didn't need to start from the giant room-sized computer again. They simply adapted, just like we should do in this guild. So, again, a new discovery/invention does not necessitate remaking the wheel. So, step back, let's see what the idea is, and we'll see how it goes.

That’s because a mere discovery does not change the outcome. This could however. If you decide that electrons work slightly differently the earths could explode.. but getting back to my actual point just go ahead and step back if you really believe you have that kind of free time. You know my position and roughly my reasoning. My goal here is to explain and present not to persuade.
i miss you! sad

Hi

I was asked to step back and wait I something

Was there an announcement?  

Makako-ma
Crew

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:13 pm
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

i miss you! sad

Hi

Not today, but I did make one the first day I tried reviving this Rp again! To try and get old members back and most of my invites have been succesful. Do you know anyone? I could promote you despite are are differences? You can't possibly the worse mod I have ever had. ONe guild mod of mine different guild tried to make something overpowered and failed to realize one and one of the few time I have tried to create an rp fulll forum style rather then just one or create a rp here the mod tried to kick everyone out, including themselves but I was in admin mode, they did manage to get rid of the backgroun. The first was Yu-gi-OH and the second one was Mahou Sensei Negima based! What do you think of my avatar?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 pm
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

i miss you! sad

Hi

Not today, but I did make one the first day I tried reviving this Rp again! To try and get old members back and most of my invites have been succesful. Do you know anyone? I could promote you despite are are differences? You can't possibly the worse mod I have ever had. ONe guild mod of mine different guild tried to make something overpowered and failed to realize one and one of the few time I have tried to create an rp fulll forum style rather then just one or create a rp here the mod tried to kick everyone out, including themselves but I was in admin mode, they did manage to get rid of the backgroun. The first was Yu-gi-OH and the second one was Mahou Sensei Negima based! What do you think of my avatar?
the avi is cute but could use some more flare.. dark colors are heavy, try some jewelry maybe

Also later I’ll submit my idea for the chakra element system.

Keep in mind that in your story you may want to secretly choose what natures are prevalent in the region.  

Makako-ma
Crew

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:52 pm
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

i miss you! sad

Hi

the avi is cute but could use some more flare.. dark colors are heavy, try some jewelry maybe

Keep in mind that in your story you may want to secretly choose what natures are prevalent in the region.
This guy guy was't trying for cute, and while it's not always accurate she Akemi is a RP character of mine like I have I said I usually cosplay her to a point. Sometimes it isn't always accurate and when I rarely feel like doing animal not at all. But she''s a tomboy like my and there is nothing I love more tomboys I think she'd say she isn't cute as at least a few tomboys I have seen in fiction have said no. I have several Masculine hair styles to chose from an even Androgynous one. but ma be I should of used a heck I have things called tomboy detective hairs I have most of them including cool, but yeah this a recolor of a item hair based on guy a ,hack// guy's hair. i MEANT TO say do you know anyone who might be interested in joining?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:24 pm
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
i miss you! sad

Hi

This guy guy was't trying for cute, and while it's not always accurate she Akemi is a RP character of mine like I have I said I usually cosplay her to a point. Sometimes it isn't always accurate and when I rarely feel like doing animal not at all. But she''s a tomboy like my and there is nothing I love more tomboys I think she'd say she isn't cute as at least a few tomboys I have seen in fiction have said no. I have several Masculine hair styles to chose from an even Androgynous one. but ma be I should of used a heck I have things called tomboy detective hairs I have most of them including cool, but yeah this a recolor of a item hair based on guy a ,hack// guy's hair. i MEANT TO say do you know anyone who might be interested in joining?

.hack?? I’m in

But it is cute, it’s also cute in a tomboyish way. I still suggest jewelry. There is a devilish appeal to a certain type of feminine androgynous male look if you seem to be something scary that has decorated itself. It triggers the uncanny valley. Imagine something dangerous trying its hardest to be appealing for some unknown reason  

Makako-ma
Crew

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:58 pm
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
i miss you! sad

Hi

So I am assuming you don't know anyone

.hack?? I’m in

But it is cute, it’s also cute in a oyish way. I still suggest jewelry. There is a devilish appeal to a certain type of feminine androgynous male look if you seem to be something scary that has decorated itself. It triggers the uncanny valley. Imagine something dangerous trying its hardest to be appealing for some unknown reason
The first blue hair if not her hair in general was long. but their now is so many more masculne options, don't get me wrong I know tomboys can have long hair changed eyes too! I condsider jewlery feminne, because guys But yeah having Red eyes and Blue eyes is a must for being accurcate. got the item of the hair that is his canon look, but the hairs green. and most othe outfit is orange, one of my least favorite colors. With my on it's all blue not just the hair. I got at least two of the all blue ones and one of the original one, but yeah this avatar was my customising of a demonic girl girly I bought had more potentional to my taste, the wings were in orginally, so was the background. The eyes were Blue and I already had at least one of them, so now I got at least two, Multiple poses. The hands were added when I found the item on the marketplace. The hairs was orginal to the avatar too. I was girly because their was make up evolved and stuff One of my reasons for loving tomboys is I am afraid of make up Also jewlery is considered femine by me and I know their hybrids between tomboyish and girly, but I will only friend them not date them.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:19 am
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
i miss you! sad

Hi

.hack?? I’m in

But it is cute, it’s also cute in a tomboyish way. I still suggest jewelry. There is a devilish appeal to a certain type of feminine androgynous male look if you seem to be something scary that has decorated itself. It triggers the uncanny valley. Imagine something dangerous trying its hardest to be appealing for some unknown reason
Waiting on you.  

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:35 pm
Akemi Mercuraki

basic elemental chart with some customizations to finish the important parts (unfinished overall though)
User Image

Now with this as a preface I'd like to introduce a chakra/magic/elemental system.

Everything in this universe derives from these elements in some form or another no matter how minute and maybe some more but for the shinobi and other mortals these are the ones that matter. They are based upon a more complex system involving 8 elements or "8 trigrams" which may come into play at some other point in time. For now lets just focus on this 5 element system.

Here we have 5 elements, they represent of course water, fire, earth, wind, and water.

They also represent a slew of other things associated with each in this world and by some miraculous coincidence they balance against each other in a way that is almost perfect for an rpg.

Lets start with some general examples, which will contain both official claims and my own observations.

The attributes I will be focusing on here will use the following format.

[element name] - [amount of physicality], [common effect on the world around it], [what theoretically counters it, how and why]

Earth- utterly physical for the most part. It acts as a barrier and may be used as a medium for the intangible. Some more mystical arts use rather structures of many sizes even as large as an entire battlefield for weird ninjutsu. Also associated with poison, absorption of force and energy, and hardening. Theoretically countered by lightning which penetrates earth and alters its form rapidly and uncontrollably

Water- somewhat physical, not as dense as earth. Rather than merely dividing and destroying it tends to adapt to the world around it. It pushes and washes away, it can cut or smash. It is highly adaptable and capable of a great variety of tricks. Tends to be associated with the mist that hides forms, barrages of water, mixing of substances (even ones that shouldn’t mix like flesh and water), it’s a bit abstract which is actually part of its nature but it adapts and makes other things adapt.. water users tend to be associated with having a lot of energy. Theoretically countered by earth which can halt its flow and absorb both its energy and the water itself. Without energy water is still and does little in a short amount of time.

Fire- very low physicality but tends to interact directly with physical objects in important ways. It increases entropy and amasses huge amounts of energy. Fire deals heavily in energy and collecting and releasing it. It also deals in the toxic substances created by this chaotic and destructive process. Where fire lacks in control it is abundant in its ability to create.. anything it interacts with will be changed, usually irrevocably and in a drastic way including other elements. It readily absorbs comparable energy but tends not to focus at all on control. Also associated with healing and medicine. Theoretically countered by water which simply adapts to heat and changes form and can change back in theory. It can absorb or expand, turn to steam or go back to water. Any after effect can be washed away or soothed by water.

Wind- low physicality and has some but not much interaction with physical objects aside from moving or wearing at them over time. Like water wind is adaptable but not nearly as physically impactful.. it instead focuses on control. What good is ten times the opposing force split into one thousand times the surface area.. on the otherhand how do you defend your weak point if you are impacted at one thousand points simultaneously. Again associated with healing and medicine. Also associated with floating objects moved with precision. Theoretically countered by fire. Fire can’t be completely controlled and absorbs energy it is compatible with.. the flame is fed by the wind, the more you try to control it the more out of control it gets.

Lightning- in theory this has no physicality, it is the abundance of energy itself. It is anti-physicality and passes readily through the physical. Lightning is associated with penetration and focus. Lightning is difficult to control but can be gathered in a single point or directed and is thus typically associated with unbroken continuities and extreme precision strikes. It is possible for one wielding lightning chakra to use their finger to pierce a metal sheet for example through a focused strike. It’s difficult to control nature causes it to be associated with taijutsu techniques used to deliver it and phish precision medical work. When enough lightning is gathered and released it can also release large amounts of energy. Lastly it is associated with light or the lack thereof and thus illusions. Lightning is theoretically countered by wind which specializes in control and thus redirection. All the force in the world can’t pierce anythingnif it never reaches its target.

Next up is elemental combinations

Elements can be combined in one of two ways. There five basic ones and yin and yang which kindof acts as a 6th. Essentially there is infinitely many actual forms of any given element and/or combination based off ratios of one element to another and how the yin/yang element is used to create and/or manipulate them. For the purpose of this discussion just assume that yin/yang related attributes are determined by luck at birth or whatever. For example some water users may be better at making steam while others create a thick, sweaty smelling, soupy substance or even ice under the correct circumstances unlike an actual ice user which can create ice anywhere without preconditions. Or maybe they even create water prisons or toughen their skin somehow. In any case, things are made and combined and tend to retain the same attributes as listed above in some combination... the combination can be an incomplete or the equivalent of a heterogeneous mixture like mud made of water and earth or it can be the equivalent of a homogeneous mixture or compound like wood which is again a mix of earth and water. Doing this takes a toll on the body of course unless you are born with some talent or Keller he KSU or if you were given some ability by something.

In either case both contain water and earth and will this tend to counter fire and water while being countered by earth and lightning. If they contained earth and fire to make whatever, it doesn’t matter, the weakness would be water and lightning while strong against water and wind.. yes it can be strong and weak against the same element in the case of combinations and when you add yin yang it gets more complicated but opposites will tend to balance one another.

Next up.. ability creation and how to balance technique through classifications derived from the above statements.

So there's the big techniques with names and the little ones nobody bothers to give a name to. Those who use wind tend to occasionally have kunai's floating around somewhere, those who use fire tend to have a certain personality type and certain amounts of energy. Those who use water tend to have tons of energy.

prime examples are Naruto himself (wind primary, water secondary) and sasuke (fire primary, lightning secondary)

each has two natures, the first is commonly unlocked through practice and will probably reflect upon one's family heritage and their personality. Naruto is free spirited and grows stronger by learning to control all the excess in his life while sasuke grows stronger by gaining new goals and becoming laser focused on them. Its designed to be balanced around a large number of little things like this. Obviously we don't want to force people to conform to choosing a character personality to match their desired elements BUT lets say someone wants to be very adept in making shuriken do things they shouldn't be able to do normally. There are two methods for this. One.. you can use some sort of trick.. two.. you can use the appropriate chakra type. Likewise if you decide to make your own thing like a metal bending based technique, metal is earth based and earth based techniques can be halted by applying a strong electrical current to disrupt chakra flow or to penetrate it while at the same time what might be seen as a weakness in battle could be seen as a strength when one uses a lightning rod to cripple a lightning users accuracy temporarily forcing them to resort to the primarily short range abilities of lightning jutsus.

On that note there is the nature of the Jutsus per each element.

range - It so happens that control offered with an element tends to vary directly with the amount of range you get out of it. From most to least control oriented elements you get wind, water, earth, lightning, fire.. or maybe lightning has the least control. Either way just pick one! Lightning and fire tend to have short to mid range utility while water can be used at longer ranges and even be sustained at longer ranges and wind and earth can reach very far as well.. wind especially can be used for a precision attack from a very long distance which can then be enhanced by tools.

power - while wind has long reach, can hit at every angle simultaneously, and is difficult to evade lightning has more concentrated upfront power. So they want omega beam lasers? The most similar technique is made with a combination of water and lightning called storm release.. water and lightning are strong against fire and earth but weak against earth and wind. Again you can be strong and weak against the same thing. Yes, I can light your wood on fire, but now your wooden weapon you are attacking me with is a flaming wooden weapon!!! Turned your opponents water bullet into mud? Okay, now you get hit with an mud bullet unless you are going to actually stop it. Water is a bit easier to stop obviously but then you have lightning techniques. Using lightning chakra to make a pencil pierce a metal shield wont be stopped by turning the pencil into metal or cotton candy.. it just depends on the nature of the technique being used.

utility - obviously things that are easier to control are going to have more utility but then having some physicality or intuitive use also contributes to utility. Want to not carry your heavy puppet around or even have it carry you? Maybe go with wind techniques. There are many mundane techniques that can help in everyday life. Want to breath underwater much longer? Want to be heat resistant or travel longer distances? Want to be a natural healer or excel in short range chakra control for your medical techniques? There is an appropriate nature for each of these and you need not specialize in elemental ninjutsu to learn them.

next is element combinations

as mentioned before you can mix two elements in multiple ways.. to be clear anyone can manipulate an existing substance or create some.. manipulation is much safer and merely requires a technique. It strains the body more if it is not a basic element like water. If a water user manipulates ice that will not be as straining as an earth natured person using ice via something like the sharingan. Manipulation is one thing.. but if you are not ice natured via a kekkei genkai or otherwise and you try to use an ice technique, there is a chance it could kill you.. the more straining the technique the higher the odds that it will simply kill you if you try to use it. Using something like the sharingan to copy a technique so far out of your own nature only lightly lessens this consequence and that is for a high level jonin. Typically an ice user is water and wind natured but cannot necessarily use the individual elements either. When producing the rules of the roleplay you must make a decision regarding this on your own. I would argue that for an ice user, they should be allowed to learn these things as their additional natures through practice not simply because they can. There are few examples of someone with a kekkei genkai of multiple natures who can simply use the underlying components of the combined product just because other than more advanced shinobis or those with a special ability. The few that can are often the products of very special and dangerous training.

next is ninja tools..

tools can allow you to do almost anything. You can bypass your nature or more or less be a wizard. Your nature may determine how you use the tool but worded the right way the tools can bypass many rules. HOWEVER! Tool expertise and ninjutsu expertise are not always overlapping things. You can use combinations of both or specialize in one or the other but if you want to run around genjutsuing everyone's pants off as a genin you're going to need quite a story about why you are also a master at advanced ice, water, and wind techniques while also excelling in taijutsu well enough to hold your ground against a taijutsu specialist. At best a genin might know some genjutsu and use ice to enhance the technique somehow but they are going to be that nerd who has to find a clever way to beat that high kicking, tree punching taijutsu specialist.

lastly we have yin and yang.. this is a complicated matter but add yin to water and you get thick water.. jello. Or you could get ice just whatever. Add yang and you get steam. Some combination of yin and yang creates everything including the elements themselves. There could be more than 5 elements but there are 5 that matter here unless you create a technique that uses more or use something like the 8 trigrams technique which refers to 8 elements... but for the most part we are just dealing with 5 for balance reasons. Yin and yang are manipulated in some way to create all jutsus and an excess of either will create a certain type of technique. Despite the common interpretation, in the Naruto universe a yin technique will tend to deal in things more aetherial in form while yang techniques create more solid and tangible techniques. There are many possible reasons for this, some scientific some aesthetic, but none of them actually matter. The point is that those who specialize in genjutsu will also tend to specialize in less physically interactive techniques or at least the ones they do use will typically involve something like fire or floating shuriken or whatever, maybe even string techniques. Yang natured people will tend to have naturally strong bodies with lots of affinity for physically interactive techniques. Instead of using their shadow to mystically bind you they are just going to try smashing you with a giant rock or drowning you in a bubble of water.

There are a slew of other subjects to cover.. for the most part a less powerful summon for example will tend to get along with you better if you share a chakra nature or have some bloodline it likes. Or if you just have a particular nature.. a chaotic evil summon creature may like a chaotic evil summoner more than a lawful good one but might enjoy a chaotic good summoner just for the sake of turning her or him evil or making them feel bad. This matters because of combination techniques.. You can combine them intuitively like adding wind to make fire stronger or you can form a more advanced technique like a flame sharingan with more training. I don't need to cover every little thing, the point is that there is a nature and variation for everything and in the given system they also have various strengths and weaknesses to build around and exploit.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:59 pm
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

basic elemental chart with some customizations to finish the important parts (unfinished overall though)
User Image

Now with this as a preface I'd like to introduce a chakra/magic/elemental system.

Everything in this universe derives from these elements in some form or another no matter how minute and maybe some more but for the shinobi and other mortals these are the ones that matter. They are based upon a more complex system involving 8 elements or "8 trigrams" which may come into play at some other point in time. For now lets just focus on this 5 element system.

Here we have 5 elements, they represent of course water, fire, earth, wind, and water.

They also represent a slew of other things associated with each in this world and by some miraculous coincidence they balance against each other in a way that is almost perfect for an rpg.

Lets start with some general examples, which will contain both official claims and my own observations.

The attributes I will be focusing on here will use the following format.

[element name] - [amount of physicality], [common effect on the world around it], [what theoretically counters it, how and why]

Earth- utterly physical for the most part. It acts as a barrier and may be used as a medium for the intangible. Some more mystical arts use rather structures of many sizes even as large as an entire battlefield for weird ninjutsu. Also associated with poison, absorption of force and energy, and hardening. Theoretically countered by lightning which penetrates earth and alters its form rapidly and uncontrollably

Water- somewhat physical, not as dense as earth. Rather than merely dividing and destroying it tends to adapt to the world around it. It pushes and washes away, it can cut or smash. It is highly adaptable and capable of a great variety of tricks. Tends to be associated with the mist that hides forms, barrages of water, mixing of substances (even ones that shouldn’t mix like flesh and water), it’s a bit abstract which is actually part of its nature but it adapts and makes other things adapt.. water users tend to be associated with having a lot of energy. Theoretically countered by earth which can halt its flow and absorb both its energy and the water itself. Without energy water is still and does little in a short amount of time.

Fire- very low physicality but tends to interact directly with physical objects in important ways. It increases entropy and amasses huge amounts of energy. Fire deals heavily in energy and collecting and releasing it. It also deals in the toxic substances created by this chaotic and destructive process. Where fire lacks in control it is abundant in its ability to create.. anything it interacts with will be changed, usually irrevocably and in a drastic way including other elements. It readily absorbs comparable energy but tends not to focus at all on control. Also associated with healing and medicine. Theoretically countered by water which simply adapts to heat and changes form and can change back in theory. It can absorb or expand, turn to steam or go back to water. Any after effect can be washed away or soothed by water.

Wind- low physicality and has some but not much interaction with physical objects aside from moving or wearing at them over time. Like water wind is adaptable but not nearly as physically impactful.. it instead focuses on control. What good is ten times the opposing force split into one thousand times the surface area.. on the otherhand how do you defend your weak point if you are impacted at one thousand points simultaneously. Again associated with healing and medicine. Also associated with floating objects moved with precision. Theoretically countered by fire. Fire can’t be completely controlled and absorbs energy it is compatible with.. the flame is fed by the wind, the more you try to control it the more out of control it gets.

Lightning- in theory this has no physicality, it is the abundance of energy itself. It is anti-physicality and passes readily through the physical. Lightning is associated with penetration and focus. Lightning is difficult to control but can be gathered in a single point or directed and is thus typically associated with unbroken continuities and extreme precision strikes. It is possible for one wielding lightning chakra to use their finger to pierce a metal sheet for example through a focused strike. It’s difficult to control nature causes it to be associated with taijutsu techniques used to deliver it and phish precision medical work. When enough lightning is gathered and released it can also release large amounts of energy. Lastly it is associated with light or the lack thereof and thus illusions. Lightning is theoretically countered by wind which specializes in control and thus redirection. All the force in the world can’t pierce anythingnif it never reaches its target.

Next up is elemental combinations

Elements can be combined in one of two ways. There five basic ones and yin and yang which kindof acts as a 6th. Essentially there is infinitely many actual forms of any given element and/or combination based off ratios of one element to another and how the yin/yang element is used to create and/or manipulate them. For the purpose of this discussion just assume that yin/yang related attributes are determined by luck at birth or whatever. For example some water users may be better at making steam while others create a thick, sweaty smelling, soupy substance or even ice under the correct circumstances unlike an actual ice user which can create ice anywhere without preconditions. Or maybe they even create water prisons or toughen their skin somehow. In any case, things are made and combined and tend to retain the same attributes as listed above in some combination... the combination can be an incomplete or the equivalent of a heterogeneous mixture like mud made of water and earth or it can be the equivalent of a homogeneous mixture or compound like wood which is again a mix of earth and water. Doing this takes a toll on the body of course unless you are born with some talent or Keller he KSU or if you were given some ability by something.

In either case both contain water and earth and will this tend to counter fire and water while being countered by earth and lightning. If they contained earth and fire to make whatever, it doesn’t matter, the weakness would be water and lightning while strong against water and wind.. yes it can be strong and weak against the same element in the case of combinations and when you add yin yang it gets more complicated but opposites will tend to balance one another.

Next up.. ability creation and how to balance technique through classifications derived from the above statements.

So there's the big techniques with names and the little ones nobody bothers to give a name to. Those who use wind tend to occasionally have kunai's floating around somewhere, those who use fire tend to have a certain personality type and certain amounts of energy. Those who use water tend to have tons of energy.

prime examples are Naruto himself (wind primary, water secondary) and sasuke (fire primary, lightning secondary)

each has two natures, the first is commonly unlocked through practice and will probably reflect upon one's family heritage and their personality. Naruto is free spirited and grows stronger by learning to control all the excess in his life while sasuke grows stronger by gaining new goals and becoming laser focused on them. Its designed to be balanced around a large number of little things like this. Obviously we don't want to force people to conform to choosing a character personality to match their desired elements BUT lets say someone wants to be very adept in making shuriken do things they shouldn't be able to do normally. There are two methods for this. One.. you can use some sort of trick.. two.. you can use the appropriate chakra type. Likewise if you decide to make your own thing like a metal bending based technique, metal is earth based and earth based techniques can be halted by applying a strong electrical current to disrupt chakra flow or to penetrate it while at the same time what might be seen as a weakness in battle could be seen as a strength when one uses a lightning rod to cripple a lightning users accuracy temporarily forcing them to resort to the primarily short range abilities of lightning jutsus.

On that note there is the nature of the Jutsus per each element.

range - It so happens that control offered with an element tends to vary directly with the amount of range you get out of it. From most to least control oriented elements you get wind, water, earth, lightning, fire.. or maybe lightning has the least control. Either way just pick one! Lightning and fire tend to have short to mid range utility while water can be used at longer ranges and even be sustained at longer ranges and wind and earth can reach very far as well.. wind especially can be used for a precision attack from a very long distance which can then be enhanced by tools.

power - while wind has long reach, can hit at every angle simultaneously, and is difficult to evade lightning has more concentrated upfront power. So they want omega beam lasers? The most similar technique is made with a combination of water and lightning called storm release.. water and lightning are strong against fire and earth but weak against earth and wind. Again you can be strong and weak against the same thing. Yes, I can light your wood on fire, but now your wooden weapon you are attacking me with is a flaming wooden weapon!!! Turned your opponents water bullet into mud? Okay, now you get hit with an mud bullet unless you are going to actually stop it. Water is a bit easier to stop obviously but then you have lightning techniques. Using lightning chakra to make a pencil pierce a metal shield wont be stopped by turning the pencil into metal or cotton candy.. it just depends on the nature of the technique being used.

utility - obviously things that are easier to control are going to have more utility but then having some physicality or intuitive use also contributes to utility. Want to not carry your heavy puppet around or even have it carry you? Maybe go with wind techniques. There are many mundane techniques that can help in everyday life. Want to breath underwater much longer? Want to be heat resistant or travel longer distances? Want to be a natural healer or excel in short range chakra control for your medical techniques? There is an appropriate nature for each of these and you need not specialize in elemental ninjutsu to learn them.

next is element combinations

as mentioned before you can mix two elements in multiple ways.. to be clear anyone can manipulate an existing substance or create some.. manipulation is much safer and merely requires a technique. It strains the body more if it is not a basic element like water. If a water user manipulates ice that will not be as straining as an earth natured person using ice via something like the sharingan. Manipulation is one thing.. but if you are not ice natured via a kekkei genkai or otherwise and you try to use an ice technique, there is a chance it could kill you.. the more straining the technique the higher the odds that it will simply kill you if you try to use it. Using something like the sharingan to copy a technique so far out of your own nature only lightly lessens this consequence and that is for a high level jonin. Typically an ice user is water and wind natured but cannot necessarily use the individual elements either. When producing the rules of the roleplay you must make a decision regarding this on your own. I would argue that for an ice user, they should be allowed to learn these things as their additional natures through practice not simply because they can. There are few examples of someone with a kekkei genkai of multiple natures who can simply use the underlying components of the combined product just because other than more advanced shinobis or those with a special ability. The few that can are often the products of very special and dangerous training.

next is ninja tools..

tools can allow you to do almost anything. You can bypass your nature or more or less be a wizard. Your nature may determine how you use the tool but worded the right way the tools can bypass many rules. HOWEVER! Tool expertise and ninjutsu expertise are not always overlapping things. You can use combinations of both or specialize in one or the other but if you want to run around genjutsuing everyone's pants off as a genin you're going to need quite a story about why you are also a master at advanced ice, water, and wind techniques while also excelling in taijutsu well enough to hold your ground against a taijutsu specialist. At best a genin might know some genjutsu and use ice to enhance the technique somehow but they are going to be that nerd who has to find a clever way to beat that high kicking, tree punching taijutsu specialist.

lastly we have yin and yang.. this is a complicated matter but add yin to water and you get thick water.. jello. Or you could get ice just whatever. Add yang and you get steam. Some combination of yin and yang creates everything including the elements themselves. There could be more than 5 elements but there are 5 that matter here unless you create a technique that uses more or use something like the 8 trigrams technique which refers to 8 elements... but for the most part we are just dealing with 5 for balance reasons. Yin and yang are manipulated in some way to create all jutsus and an excess of either will create a certain type of technique. Despite the common interpretation, in the Naruto universe a yin technique will tend to deal in things more aetherial in form while yang techniques create more solid and tangible techniques. There are many possible reasons for this, some scientific some aesthetic, but none of them actually matter. The point is that those who specialize in genjutsu will also tend to specialize in less physically interactive techniques or at least the ones they do use will typically involve something like fire or floating shuriken or whatever, maybe even string techniques. Yang natured people will tend to have naturally strong bodies with lots of affinity for physically interactive techniques. Instead of using their shadow to mystically bind you they are just going to try smashing you with a giant rock or drowning you in a bubble of water.

There are a slew of other subjects to cover.. for the most part a less powerful summon for example will tend to get along with you better if you share a chakra nature or have some bloodline it likes. Or if you just have a particular nature.. a chaotic evil summon creature may like a chaotic evil summoner more than a lawful good one but might enjoy a chaotic good summoner just for the sake of turning her or him evil or making them feel bad. This matters because of combination techniques.. You can combine them intuitively like adding wind to make fire stronger or you can form a more advanced technique like a flame sharingan with more training. I don't need to cover every little thing, the point is that there is a nature and variation for everything and in the given system they also have various strengths and weaknesses to build around and exploit.
Shadow doesn't seem to be a Element it's just a ninjutsu thing only Nara are taught. I don't like it when quoting me and I don't like when people call rps rpgs it I don't like it when their are stats in the rp, because I don't like stats in rps, and I ironically my favorite type of game is Rpg.  

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:45 pm
Akemi Mercuraki

There’s no need for specific stats.

Just some very important nonspecific values

Water users tend to have more chakra
Those who work with physical substances tend to have more chakra than those who do not

Certain techniques are “faster” there’s no need for an actual speed. You can speed something up by specializing in it.

Also I didn’t mean to call it an rpg, but the naruto system was based on that sort of specific idea. It translates well back and forth.  
Naruto: Souzoujutsu

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff