Submit

Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:01 pm
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Looking for active helpers.

I would like to help redesign if you’re doing that. Starting with the character creation process and perhaps some rules for interactions.

I don’t mean to try and tell you how to run your guild, but this thread is here so I mean to apply to try first lol.

Later I want to mess with the physics behind jutsu interactions
Speaking of jutsu I swear it was mentioned back in Naruto's era that there are 6 elemental natures, despite only 5 revealed for Rp sakes for any versions of this rp the extra one is Metal an asian element Current watching Boruto. I swear I didn't get a message saying that you joined. Is this your first post? I will promote you.

I just joined, it’s my first post, and the 6th element was yin/yang

For the elements I propose sticking to the 5 elements and applying the yin yang system with a pseudo i-Ching imitation sort of thing like they’ve always used in naruto. I’ll make some notes on the subject later.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:26 pm
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

I would like to help redesign if you’re doing that. Starting with the character creation process and perhaps some rules for interactions.

I don’t mean to try and tell you how to run your guild, but this thread is here so I mean to apply to try first lol.

Speaking of jutsu I swear it was mentioned back in Naruto's era that there are 6 elemental natures, despite only 5 revealed for Rp sakes for any versions of this rp the extra one is Metal an asian element Current watching Boruto. I swear I didn't get a message saying that you joined. Is this your first post? I will promote you.

For the elements I propose sticking to the 5 elements and applying the yin yang system with a pseudo i-Ching imitation sort of thing like they’ve always used in naruto. I’ll make some notes on the subject later.
https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Nature_Transformation Plus it would be two not One. Yin and Yang. They Leading 7 not 6 PLus metal makes sense to me  

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:57 pm
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Nature_Transformation Plus it would be two not One. Yin and Yang. They Leading 7 not 6 PLus metal makes sense to me

Yin and yang are one, or rather yin plus yang equals the whole

In the thing most Asian element tables derive from there are actually 8 elements or 8 trigrams.

The 6th element of naruto essentially refers to the nonelemental techniques that instead incorporate yin/yang

If I remember right, what you saw as 6 elements was from when one of naruto s teachers was clearing up some misunderstanding for him. But going back to the yin yang thing imagine for a moment that the spirit operated on some specific magical frequency and produced a certain type of magic. Now imagine the body and mind did the same. There are two modes and in humans certain combinations are simply going to result in disease and death meaning that only maybe 5 combination types are likely to be found in adults kindof like how it’s possible to find dark skinned people with blue eyes but for various reasons it is improbable.

So if the mind, soul, and body in this example are all producing excessive yin energy but not so much that it would kill a human then they will be 3 parts yin. Yin is cold, it is coagulation, it is the root of the tree that supports life by taking from the earth by passively. It deals in physicality and thus we get a physical element, something thick.. we get earth. But then if you condense a great amount of earth into something so densely packed you get stone and if you do it more, if you apply more yin, you get something like metal.

In naruto the metal release is related to earth and shares its weaknesses somewhat but I believe it is associated with electricity or fire or both. A human does not simply grow metal, some force must produce it for them or they could destroy themselves in the process in theory. The means of producing this effect would require some sort of explosive and concentrated power.. so now we come to two parts yin, yin is convulsion and condensing, and one part yang, yang is explosion and radiation. Using yin energy we can shape and force things into a small space through repulsion instead of convulsion which is more practical sincebyou cant just collapse an object readily without some special technique.

Now then we have one application of yang upon a yin centric system.. but what if instead of using yang energy to condense an already dense object further we used it to release the mass of a dense object? It’s still two parts yin and one part yang but arranged in a different way to create an explosion or perhaps to simply walk through walls or alter the form of an object to hide.

Yang is the canopy.. it takes in the sun light and moves with the wind. It is often a mirror image of its roots. Two parts of one whole fundamentally.

Now the fun part.

Most people are born with one or two nature’s but kakashi has shown us that it’s possible to learn techniques outside of one’s nature. BUT there can be deadly consequences to using techniques your body, mind, or soul are not adapted to even if some magical ability is enabling you to use the techniques. There are cases when Lakshmi coughs blood trying to use certain elements.

The elemental chart is incomplete in the naruto universe and this makes roleplaying it that much easier, you simply have to fill in the blanks and make connections BUT it is actually critical that you stick with 5 elements + yin/yang because when people search the wiki there will be contradictory information which could interfere with the guild endlessly.

For example, the people of the wind village happen to specialize in puppetry therefore it can be concluded that one technique for making things float around is the use of wind which is sortof a halfway physical force yet not so physical it can be seen. There is much yang involved here so we can associate casual wind techniques with yang nature yet there are other elements involved unlike with fire which isn’t typically associated with objects randomly floating around even when the air is still.

Look at gaara.. sand is earth of course but you’ll notice his technique tends to make things float around or flow with a few for hardening.. rather than simply harden and stop advances he absorbs them using something carried on the wind.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 am
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

In the thing most Asian element tables derive from there are actually 8 elements or 8 trigrams.

The 6th element of naruto essentially refers to the nonelemental techniques that instead incorporate yin/yang

If I remember right, what you saw as 6 elements was from when one of naruto s teachers was clearing up some misunderstanding for him. But going back to the yin yang thing imagine for a moment that the spirit operated on some specific magical frequency and produced a certain type of magic. Now imagine the body and mind did the same. There are two modes and in humans certain combinations are simply going to result in disease and death meaning that only maybe 5 combination types are likely to be found in adults kindof like how it’s possible to find dark skinned people with blue eyes but for various reasons it is improbable.

So if the mind, soul, and body in this example are all producing excessive yin energy but not so much that it would kill a human then they will be 3 parts yin. Yin is cold, it is coagulation, it is the root of the tree that supports life by taking from the earth by passively. It deals in physicality and thus we get a physical element, something thick.. we get earth. But then if you condense a great amount of earth into something so densely packed you get stone and if you do it more, if you apply more yin, you get something like metal.

In naruto the metal release is related to earth and shares its weaknesses somewhat but I believe it is associated with electricity or fire or both. A human does not simply grow metal, some force must produce it for them or they could destroy themselves in the process in theory. The means of producing this effect would require some sort of explosive and concentrated power.. so now we come to two parts yin, yin is convulsion and condensing, and one part yang, yang is explosion and radiation. Using yin energy we can shape and force things into a small space through repulsion instead of convulsion which is more practical sincebyou cant just collapse an object readily without some special technique.

Now then we have one application of yang upon a yin centric system.. but what if instead of using yang energy to condense an already dense object further we used it to release the mass of a dense object? It’s still two parts yin and one part yang but arranged in a different way to create an explosion or perhaps to simply walk through walls or alter the form of an object to hide.

Yang is the canopy.. it takes in the sun light and moves with the wind. It is often a mirror image of its roots. Two parts of one whole fundamentally.

Now the fun part.

Most people are born with one or two nature’s but kakashi has shown us that it’s possible to learn techniques outside of one’s nature. BUT there can be deadly consequences to using techniques your body, mind, or soul are not adapted to even if some magical ability is enabling you to use the techniques. There are cases when Lakshmi coughs blood trying to use certain elements.

The elemental chart is incomplete in the naruto universe and this makes roleplaying it that much easier, you simply have to fill in the blanks and make connections BUT it is actually critical that you stick with 5 elements + yin/yang because when people search the wiki there will be contradictory information which could interfere with the guild endlessly.

For example, the people of the wind village happen to specialize in puppetry therefore it can be concluded that one technique for making things float around is the use of wind which is sortof a halfway physical force yet not so physical it can be seen. There is much yang involved here so we can associate casual wind techniques with yang nature yet there are other elements involved unlike with fire which isn’t typically associated with objects randomly floating around even when the air is still.

Look at gaara.. sand is earth of course but you’ll notice his technique tends to make things float around or flow with a few for hardening.. rather than simply harden and stop advances he absorbs them using something carried on the wind.
Metal isn't canon though it's my own idea based on the only none used zodiac element metal. Their are people that think of Sand as Earth Plus Wind when it comes to Naruto RPs. I have been plenty of But yeah for me my own system for elements mixing is 3 results when you mixed 2 different depending on which one is more Prominent Also I like to think of Enton as contrated Katon! and any basic element can be turned into such. Also I made my own sets of chakra beasts but forgot what they were, may be I never got to creating them. I know their are Elemental Sages and stuff The current Hokage is caught MEteor theme chakra beast in them as well as certain Biju.  

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:06 am
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

Now the fun part.

Metal isn't canon though it's my own idea based on the only none used zodiac element metal. Their are people that think of Sand as Earth Plus Wind when it comes to Naruto RPs. I have been plenty of But yeah for me my own system for elements mixing is 3 results when you mixed 2 different depending on which one is more Prominent Also I like to think of Enton as contrated Katon! and any basic element can be turned into such. Also I made my own sets of chakra beasts but forgot what they were, may be I never got to creating them. I know their are Elemental Sages and stuff The current Hokage is caught MEteor theme chakra beast in them as well as certain Biju.

A tailed beast or other phenomena within nature could employ any number of complex combinations of what I mentioned before

If you are adding metal as an custom element that’s totally different then though metal release already exists and this wouldncontradict what is known about it based on the available wikipedias.

Many guilds have indeed messed with this fundamental system of the five elements plus one... and the vast majority of them are now dead. It interferes with both the ability to look up basic information and it changes the interactions established between the elements.. for example wind defeats lightning, lightning defeats earth, earth defeats water, water defeats fire, fire defeats wind

Each nature has a lot of content behind it, I believe it would be best to simply have metal as a common bloodline ability in the current era.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:22 pm
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

Now the fun part.

A tailed beast or other phenomena within nature could employ any number of complex combinations of what I mentioned before

If you are adding metal as an custom element that’s totally different then though metal release already exists and this wouldncontradict what is known about it based on the available wikipedias.

Many guilds have indeed messed with this fundamental system of the five elements plus one... and the vast majority of them are now dead. It interferes with both the ability to look up basic information and it changes the interactions established between the elements.. for example wind defeats lightning, lightning defeats earth, earth defeats water, water defeats fire, fire defeats wind

Each nature has a lot of content behind it, I believe it would be best to simply have metal as a common bloodline ability in the current era.
https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Steel_Release Think you mean this closest I was able to find in the site, Found in another site, but nothing in that other site is real.But yeah Steel is Earth Plus Metal for my rp purposes, Also got a complaint against you pm someone said you can't see your self as wrong,  

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:02 pm
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

Now the fun part.

https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Steel_Release Think you mean this closest I was able to find in the site, Found in another site, but nothing in that other site is real.But yeah Steel is Earth Plus Metal for my rp purposes, Also got a complaint against you pm someone said you can't see your self as wrong,

to respond to both,

1. If that's what you want to do that's different from a discussion on the thing that the canonical elements are based upon.

2. I have a proposition that we simply adopt the yin/yang system from the show and avoid any actual contradictions with the one accurate resource you were able to find.

This mystery person with their very vague accusation and its many implications does not change my assertion, my proposal, my suggestion that I'm not trying to force you to stick with the canon necessarily, nor does it change that the given evidence is in my favor

naruto nature transformation wiki

This is from the same site you said is legitimate. Whatever this person may think of me the fact remains.. someone is going to join this roleplay, they are going to see a weird phrase, and they are going to search the wiki. You can reinvent the wheel if you want or leave everything dubious like the original creator did but such things do not lend themselves to moderators who wish to not be swamped with constant complaints and confusion.

Its possible I don't see myself as wrong often
Its possible I'm just not wrong often
But me being right or wrong has no bearing here for the most part and what I think of myself has little relevance. You, the leader, either except a presentation and setup or you don't.

I guess I should also add that I've come across a lot of people who cannot handle certain discussions or criticisms. I've met others who got mad at me because they didn't have the courage to be direct then got mad at me because I didn't yield to half-baked excuses and wishy washy counterlogic due to their being unwilling to say certain things. I've even encountered some people where I've literally told them I'd change something regardless of whether or not I'm right or the rules demand I must only to have them be all passive aggressive and throw a fit later. I've also encountered flat out sociopaths and liars...

At the end of the day I am just a person with a proposition who is willing to draw up a chart or something for you if you want me to. I've also done some maps before  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:07 pm
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

Now the fun part.

"Aside from the five elemental nature transformations, there are two nature transformations that are the source of all non-elemental techniques, such as the Shadow Imitation Technique, Multi-Size Technique, medical ninjutsu, genjutsu, etc.[9] There is Yin Release (陰遁, Inton), based on the imagination and spiritual energy of a shinobi, and Yang Release (陽遁, Yōton), based on the vitality and physical energy of a shinobi. Together, they are used to perform Yin–Yang Release (陰陽遁, In'yōton, Onmyōton).
The transformation of Yin and Yang has to do with altering the balance between spiritual and physical energy in chakra. As explained by Shikamaru Nara, Tayuya's spirit worms were forms of chakra that mostly consist of spiritual energy, thus they require stability and feed upon the physical energy they lack"-the wiki

whether im right or wrong, this is the opinion of the Wikipedia page. Unless you want to change this to a not-Naruto guild I believe that almost all people who roleplay here will be influenced by this Wikipedia and thus possibly confused by something if you change the most basic elements of the world itself without some explanation.

You can do whatever you want.. but just always remember that you are a human being and when the problems come rolling in someone will have to address them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and.. [20 minutes later] and over again.  

Makako-ma
Crew

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:31 pm
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

Now the fun part.

to respond to both,

1. If that's what you want to do that's different from a discussion on the thing that the canonical elements are based upon.

2. I have a proposition that we simply adopt the yin/yang system from the show and avoid any actual contradictions with the one accurate resource you were able to find.

This mystery person with their very vague accusation and its many implications does not change my assertion, my proposal, my suggestion that I'm not trying to force you to stick with the canon necessarily, nor does it change that the given evidence is in my favor

This is from the same site you said is legitimate. Whatever this person may think of me the fact remains.. someone is going to join this roleplay, they are going to see a weird phrase, and they are going to search the wiki. You can reinvent the wheel if you want or leave everything dubious like the original creator did but such things do not lend themselves to moderators who wish to not be swamped with constant complaints and confusion.

But me being right or wrong has no bearing here for the most part and what I think of myself has little relevance. You, the leader, either except a presentation and setup or you don't.

I guess I should also add that I've come across a lot of people who cannot handle certain discussions or criticisms. I've met others who got mad at me because they didn't have the courage to be direct then got mad at me because I didn't yield to half-baked excuses and wishy washy counterlogic due to their being unwilling to say certain things. I've even encountered some people where I've literally told them I'd change something regardless of whether or not I'm right or the rules demand I must only to have them be all passive aggressive and throw a fit later. I've also encountered flat out sociopaths and liars...

At the end of the day I am just a person with a proposition who is willing to draw up a chart or something for you if you want me to. I've also done some maps before
I am not sure How Naruto and the next generation's mangaka are vague with things. I am also not sure why you quoted me twice in a row. But like I said multiple Times Metal release isn't canon. I can't find it on that site. Though that said I swear I saw swear an episode of Boruto englishwith a Second Generation Kiba, but according to the site there is none. He added Wind Release to his Kiba techniques, because that was his nature and no I never created a character or dreamed it I swear I saw it on Toonami. I am busy catching up with shows and stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:33 pm
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

Now the fun part.

"Aside from the five elemental nature transformations, there are two nature transformations that are the source of all non-elemental techniques, such as the Shadow Imitation Technique, Multi-Size Technique, medical ninjutsu, genjutsu, etc.[9] There is Yin Release (陰遁, Inton), based on the imagination and spiritual energy of a shinobi, and Yang Release (陽遁, Yōton), based on the vitality and physical energy of a shinobi. Together, they are used to perform Yin–Yang Release (陰陽遁, In'yōton, Onmyōton).
The transformation of Yin and Yang has to do with altering the balance between spiritual and physical energy in chakra. As explained by Shikamaru Nara, Tayuya's spirit worms were forms of chakra that mostly consist of spiritual energy, thus they require stability and feed upon the physical energy they lack"-the wiki

whether im right or wrong, this is the opinion of the Wikipedia page. Unless you want to change this to a not-Naruto guild I believe that almost all people who roleplay here will be influenced by this Wikipedia and thus possibly confused by something if you change the most basic elements of the world itself without some explanation.

You can do whatever you want.. but just always remember that you are a human being and when the problems come rolling in someone will have to address them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and.. [20 minutes later] and over again.

Sounds like he doesn't want that idea. Though I'd be one of those people relying on the Wikipedia, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Or several.  

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:45 pm
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

to respond to both,

I am not sure How Naruto and the next generation's mangaka are vague with things. I am also not sure why you quoted me twice in a row. But like I said multiple Times Metal release isn't canon. I can't find it on that site. Though that said I swear I saw swear an episode of Boruto englishwith a Second Generation Kiba, but according to the site there is none. He added Wind Release to his Kiba techniques, because that was his nature and no I never created a character or dreamed it I swear I saw it on Toonami. I am busy catching up with shows and stuff.

Was in a hurry sorry about that.

But yes, you can infuse any number of techniques with elemental chakra. Doing so is considered to be an advanced thing apparently. A random object can also be infused with chakra based on what I’ve seen some characters do.

Also metal release and steel release are probably the same thing from before and after it had an official name.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:49 pm
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

Sounds like he doesn't want that idea. Though I'd be one of those people relying on the Wikipedia, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Or several.

If she doesn’t she should say so.
I don’t believe she did. She also doesn’t seem to have a set interest on a specific alternative

I’m operating on the assumption she has an idea of some sort but hasn’t taken off with it just yet. I’m not against it but i will warn that extra work is extra and reinventing the wheel is a painful process  

Makako-ma
Crew

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:56 pm
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

I don’t believe she did. She also doesn’t seem to have a set interest on a specific alternative

I’m operating on the assumption she has an idea of some sort but hasn’t taken off with it just yet. I’m not against it but i will warn that extra work is extra and reinventing the wheel is a painful process

In that case, maybe it might be best to wait and see what that idea is before we take matters into our own hands, since she is the captain. I'm sure she has an idea as well, so let's see where it goes. That being said, as crew, you certainly should advise where and when she needs advising. Though we still need to see the idea before correcting it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:20 pm
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

Now the fun part.

Bye that I think you mean the fandom of mini wikipedias formerly called Wikias and now it's had it's named fandom. Theirs a gen 2 wikia two, that also doesn't mention my guy. Speaking of which I might have a fandom were the number of canon ones surprasses it, their shounen and I it' another guild of mine fandom. There is at least 3 wikia/fandoms one for the fandom in general and two different ones for the latest anime series. I was always planning on replying to both posts. I was just doing other stuff first. Well I want this to be a democracy my guild even 3 man voting thing. 4 staff including me needs to be a thing first before we can do that, it's for voting on stuff mainly, I can help please all custom subforums that aren't canon for you guys. I am guessing the legendary one is a general thread for legendary locations for example. I am mentioning this because more stuff need to be done then just discuss chakra.  

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:43 pm
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Akemi Mercuraki

In that case, maybe it might be best to wait and see what that idea is before we take matters into our own hands, since she is the captain. I'm sure she has an idea as well, so let's see where it goes. That being said, as crew, you certainly should advise where and when she needs advising. Though we still need to see the idea before correcting it.

I agree with your statement EXACTLY as stated.

For this reason I have no demands, only advice, concerns, and a specific service to offer.

In this current situation it would be wise to bring up anything you’d like to see implemented before a lot of hard work is done especially if the goal is to avoid WAY too much work.

Also for the record most of my opposition to metal as a basic element is because not only does it add an actual 6th element it also overlaps with existing concepts from the show which can increase the confusion when people looknit up..

...but then it also means we have to change how each chakra nature interacts with every other chakra nature... to bring that into perspective with only 5 elements there is a balancing relationship between each but basically there are 4 interactions for each of the 5 making a bunch of interactions but then each has a combination with another element or a way to combine which means there are 10 unique multi element combinations so you now have 15 and then we have the more rare 3 element combinations.. all in all there are 25 I believe each with some interaction with all the others and that’s just the basic ones and some haven’t actually been established yet. I believe that comes out to 300 interactions before factoring in different versions of the same element all to add something that as far as I know already exists anyways but with a slightly different name.

We can take shortcuts but shortcuts can also confuse people.  
Naruto: Souzoujutsu

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff