Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Forest of Dean ~ England

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:34 pm
Forest of Dean

User Image

The Forest of Dean is a geographical, historical and cultural region in the western part of the county of Gloucestershire, England. The forest is a roughly triangular plateau bounded by the River Wye to the west and north, the River Severn to the south, and the City of Gloucester to the east. It is widely considered as a beautiful and calm place. There is a lake within this forest which contained at least one anglerfish.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:40 pm
Yukina101
VixenViVi

User Image

Iseul arrived at the sight the letter had described, a lake edge on the forest of Dean. He set down the bag of galleons just as the letter requested. Soon his son would be returned, hopefully alive. There were stories and rumors everywhere on hos the boy was already dead. And it sickened the man to think they may be true, his youngest child snatched away is only hope the families hard earned money.
10000 galleons sat in the bag as Iseul Han began to walk away, leaving a good portion of the Korean Family's wealth behind.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:43 pm
User Image

Item: Quaffle
Part of Erianthe's Scavenger Hunt
This item is a portkey.

The Quaffle eventually stopped glowing and came to a stop in the middle of a forest.

[OOC: You have some time to explore. Let me know when you want to get back.]

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:20 pm
User Image

โ„‚๐•Œโ„โ„๐”ผโ„•๐•‹๐•ƒ๐•
                                                          โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
                                                          "dating" Michael Davenport
                                                          Looking So Sneaky at the Forest of Dean with Jess
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          โ It's about time something interesting happened around here... โž

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Coin-operated boy; เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxx
                                                          All the other real ones that I destroy เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxx
                                                          Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxxxxx
                                                          โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

spaceGypsy realized what it was the exact moment the word fell from Jess' lips. She grinned excitedly, holding tight to the ball, trying to ignore how very uncomfortable and wrong it felt to be tugged and pulled around by her hands, as if they were glued to the ball. She felt a wave of nausea hit the exact moment her feet landed on the ground, dropping the ball as soon as she was able, pale and shaky. "Ugh, that method of transportation certainly leaves a lot to be desired," she groaned, one hand going to her stomach and the other to her head. She was dizzy and sick and needed to sit... The Ravenclaw did so, dropping down onto the ground, glancing at Jess. "Gimme a minute, yeah?" she asked sheepishly. Gypsy didn't remember Floo or Apparition ever making her feel this bad. Of course, she'd been travelling by both as long as she could remember, and this was her first ever trip by Portkey, so maybe that had something to do with it. She closed her eyes, trying to get the world to stop moving under her, then glanced back up at Jess with a small smile. "Hm... so, where exactly are we, do you think?" she asked with a grin. She certainly couldn't tell, other than that it was apparently a forest somewhere. That wasn't exactly helpful... there were a lot of forests in the UK, after all. Besides that, they had traveled by Portkey, there wasn't any guarantee that they were even still in the UK. As soon as she was settled from the trip, they could wander around... Would they have to find another Portkey to get back? Could Portkeys make two way trips? She had no idea... hm. That really seemed like something she should know.

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          xxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ Never let him go
                                                          xxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ And I'll never be alone
                                                          xxxxxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ Not with my coin-operated boy

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:01 am
What strikes fear in the heart of one man
Might not even move another
While a stranger gets your hand
You turn your back upon your brother
We are on the highest towers
And the valleys at our feet
We are counting down the hours
Til our life and love will meet

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Twin ~ Fifth Year ~ Hufflepuff Seeker ~
{feeling: adventurous} {thinking: clues! where are we?!} {with: Gypsy} {at: Forest of Dean}

Jess was almost sure her hands were about to come off as she was jerked this way and that by the portkey, head spinning, until it came to a stop and she and Gypsy with it. She staggered backward, legs shaky. While she didn't feel too nauseous -maybe because she was used to spinning around in the air during Quidditch, when she flew like a madwoman in an effort to dodge each and every bludger headed her way- she did feel the need to sit and wait for her heart to stop jumping in her chest. She nodded weakly and leaned against a nearby tree until she felt better. At her friend's question, Jess narrowed her eyes as she looked around, trying to see if any of the scenery was familiar. They were in a forest of some sort, that much was evident, but as for where it was, the Hufflepuff had no clue. She listened carefully. "I can hear water in the distance, very faintly," she announced. "So there has to be a stream or river near here. I think we're still in Britain. It totally feels like it." While it wasn't frigid or raining, thankfully, there was definitely a chill in the air, and a sharp breeze. But then again, there were plenty of places in Europe, and in the whole world for that matter, where it might be like this at this time of year. Jess looked to the portkey. "We should look around for anything that we're supposed to be finding here. Hopefully the portkey works going back, too." Jess didn't look terribly concerned, though she could just imagine the trouble she'd be in if she went missing. Forget worrying about her safety or health. Her parents would flay her alive if she disappeared from school like she technically just had. Well, if the portkey didn't work, they could just follow the river until they came across a town or city. There had to be people living around here. There were usually people living by water, right?

No cloud is so dark that the sun can't shine through.

Cara MiaKitty

I can feel the Earth move when you speak
If we fight through all the things we once knew
Everything could change for me and you
We could do what kings do
We all have the power of angels
And we fell from the same star
The heart of the lion and the lips of a child
One part of you is dying and the other running wild

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:26 pm
User Image

โ„‚๐•Œโ„โ„๐”ผโ„•๐•‹๐•ƒ๐•
                                                          โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
                                                          "dating" Michael Davenport
                                                          Looking So Sneaky at the Forest of Dean with Jess
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          โ It's about time something interesting happened around here... โž

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Coin-operated boy; เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxx
                                                          All the other real ones that I destroy เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxx
                                                          Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxxxxx
                                                          โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

spaceGypsy nodded as Jess spoke, noting herself the sound of what she thought was probably a river as opposed to a lake or the ocean. She did agree that they did seem to be in Britain, or at least an area with a climate similar, since the weather was rather... well, British. Besides, it didn't really make sense for the scavenger hunt to've sent them around the world... right? She stood, glancing around. "Hm... or, maybe we will find something, and it'll be the portkey back? I don't really know how they work... if they're a one-way trip or not." She shrugged lightly, fiddling with her rings as she started wandering off in one direction. She wondered what exactly they could be looking for... maybe the same plan as before would apply? Just look for something that looked out of place? What would even look out of place in a forest, exactly? And how would they even find it? It had to be reasonably close, right? They could hardly be expected to search the entire forest. Unless this was like, a evil plot to slowly get rid of all the students via portkeys. But really, that was an obnoxiously awful plan. After the first couple of groups didn't come back, she was pretty sure the school would put a stop to the hunt, after all.

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          xxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ Never let him go
                                                          xxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ And I'll never be alone
                                                          xxxxxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ Not with my coin-operated boy

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:27 am
User Image

Item: Quaffle
Part of Erianthe's Scavenger Hunt
This item is a portkey.

The Quaffle started to glow once more. It seemed to be getting ready to take off.

[OOC: Hold on tight!]

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:58 pm
What strikes fear in the heart of one man
Might not even move another
While a stranger gets your hand
You turn your back upon your brother
We are on the highest towers
And the valleys at our feet
We are counting down the hours
Til our life and love will meet

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Twin ~ Fifth Year ~ Hufflepuff Seeker ~
{feeling: adventurous} {thinking: clues! where are we?!} {with: Gypsy} {at: Forest of Dean}

Jess combed through the surrounding area, she really did. She kicked aside fallen leaves, examined tree trunks, even scrambled up into the lower branches of one tree to look around from above. Then she lost her footing and almost fell out of said tree, before she lowered herself to the ground. But she couldn't find anything besides the twigs caught in her hair, and she had no idea what she was supposed to be looking for. When the portkey began to glow again, she had no choice but to dash towards and grab on. "Gypsy, it's glowing again!" She didn't fancy the idea of being stuck in a forest for the night.

No cloud is so dark that the sun can't shine through.

Cara MiaKitty

I can feel the Earth move when you speak
If we fight through all the things we once knew
Everything could change for me and you
We could do what kings do
We all have the power of angels
And we fell from the same star
The heart of the lion and the lips of a child
One part of you is dying and the other running wild

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ฦณึ…ีด ษ‘ษพาฝ ฯฒึ…ษพีชรญษ‘ฦ–ฦ–แƒง รญีฒัตรญีฅาฝีช ีฅึ… ีฅีฐาฝ ีดีฒรญึ…ีฒ ึ…ฦ’ ฦคีฐรญีฒาฝษ‘s ษ‘ีฒีช ฦ‡ษ‘ีฅีฐาฝษพแƒงีฒ lาฝัตแƒง ีฅีฐรญs ีชษ‘แƒง รญีฒ โฑญีฉษพรญฦ– 2047

Bride:
Catheryn Levy
Groom:
Phineas Levy

Best People (Bride):
Sebastian Blythe
Balder Borson
Diantha Warlow
Anandi Chahal

Best People (Groom):
Gabriel Lowenstein
Shinobu Yamazaki
Colin Becket
Kiera Borson

Flower Boy: Simon Blake
Ring Bearer: Reginald Blake

Wedding Guests:
Blake Family
Levy Family
Chahal Family
Edgeworth Family
Collins Family
Blythe Family
Borson Family
Lovette Family
Amata Harlow
Brandon Davenport
Leon McGregor
Adam Donoghue

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:05 pm
Piercing lights in the dark
Make the galaxy ours
Kingdom right where we are
Shining bright as a morning
You'll never be lonely
Just promise you'll love me

ฯ‰ั”โ„“โˆ‚ั”ั | sโ„“ั‡ั‚ะฝั”ัฮนะธ ฮฑโ„“ฯ…ะผะธฮน | ฮฒฮนฯฯƒโ„“ฮฑั

โ˜†โ•โ”โ”ˆ---------------โ”ˆโ”โ•โ˜†

โ—†โ—Š Caty kept pinching herself randomly throughout the day to ensure her that she wasn't dreaming any longer, that the day had finally arrived, and it all came to a happy close the moment her wedding band joined with her engagement ring. So now she had two rings to stare at for the next year instead of just one! Great! She sighed looking over the last few years worth of work and patience that cultivated the amazing scene she was currently living in. There was really never any thought she wouldn't get married in the woods, she'd made this very plain the moment after Finn slipped the first ring on her finger and because someone in the clouds loved her very very much, he was amicable to it and even a little bit excited. Apparently all his summers at his grandparents' commune had been worth something after all. The only problem she really saw was the how's of having the wedding in the woods.

After some thorough research, they'd discovered some cottages just off from the forest; far enough in that she could have the fairy frolick aesthetic she wanted but close enough to the edge that no one could get lost with an easy to follow trail. The fact that it was also child friendly and wheelchair accessible had just been icing on an already sweet cake! But that was all then and this was now and now was pretty much perfect. Caty could only say "pretty much" because there were people around and she and Finn were still clothed and she was no voyeur. So she just sighed happily and let her head fall on her husband's (Her! Husband!) shoulder as everyone enjoyed their cupcakes and party favors. Who could really say no to rock candy, glow sticks and glitter? Who!?

"That's like, your fiftieth happy sigh tonight. I'm guessing someone's very pleased with today?" Finn teased her wrapping his arm around her and still admiring her dress. He only been privy to seeing her heels before today and once he saw the full assemble he'd been knocked senseless. In a good way! He was pretty sure their entire wedding party had been laughing at him as he hadn't realized his jaw had remained open up until he was to recite his vows but he couldn't find it in him to care much.

"You're counting my sighs now? My, we're certainly warming up to our diligent husband role aren't we?" Caty grinned and poked (literally) before snuggling into his arms. "Of course! It was in the handbook your dads and brothers gave me." he responded lightly while his wife cackled.

"Plleeaase tell me there's diagrams." she pleaded still giggling into his coat while Finn tsk'ed above her. "Your eldest brother's an artist, of course there's diagrams. My favorite reminder though was to make sure to leave everything of importance on the first shelves only." he giggled and didn't even fight the retaliation of pokes he earned. Nothing short of stampeding dragons could ruin this day for him (though with the odd gleam he kept seeing in Caty's eyes, he wonders if he's not that far off the map). โ—‡โ—ˆ

I'm never too far
And we'll never part
And we could be stars
Oh, we could be stars
We could be stars

User Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500