Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Seventh Year Classes
Divination V (Open ~ Lesson 2 ~ 2037-2038 Year) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:10 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDivination Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxSeventh Year Students
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

αи∂ ιи м у м ι и ∂ , ιи тнє fαяαωαу н є я є αи∂ и σ ω xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι'νє вє¢σмє ι и ¢ σ и т я σ ℓ ѕσмєнσω xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ ι и є ν є я ℓσѕє му ω α ℓ ℓ є т xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вє¢αυѕє ι ωιℓℓ вє тнє ρ ι ¢ т υ я є σf ∂ ι ѕ ¢ ι ρ ℓ ι и є xxxxxx
                                                          иєνєя f υ ¢ к ι и g υρ α и у т н ι и g xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDrusilla entered the classroom in a daze. She was quite late, she was certain of it. Where did the time go? She'd been so caught up in her cards and runes that she'd completely lost track of it... or perhaps she'd simply stared off into space for a couple of hours. Both were equally possible, after all... except that when she arrived in the classroom and checked the clock, she was actually on time. She frowned; the clock in her office must be wrong, then. She'd have to fix it... if she remembered. Which she probably wouldn't, of course. She scowled for a moment, shaking her head to focus, and smiled widely again at her students before launching into the lecture. "So, since this is Seventh Year Divination, it is a bit different from other classes. It is entirely meant to be a year to review for your NEWTs. So, each lesson we will be going over a different year's curriculum, working on what you need help with and refreshing your memories. Today we'll be going over Fourth Year Divination, so let's begin. I would like for you, students, to tell me everything you can remember from your first year of this class. Or, if you know of anything that confused you, or that confuses you now, ask questions." She stopped then, curious. She had, of course, seen this play out, but in different ways each time... how would it happen then?

spaceThe Seer's eyes glazed, and she shifted a bit, her head tilting in an odd manner, rather like a bird's, her eyes unblinking and unseeing. After a moment, she gave her head a light shake, and smiled again. "Just like in previous years, participation equals house points; even if it's just to ask a question. So don't be shy." She waited patiently, eager to hear what her students had to say. It would tell her much about them... but didn't she already know? Sometimes she forgot...

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx αи∂ ιи м у м ι и ∂ , ι ιмαgιиє ѕ σ м α и у т н ι и g ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx тнιиgѕ тнαт α я є и ' т яєαℓℓу н α ρ ρ є и ι и g
                                                          xxxxxxxxx αи∂ ωнєи тнєу ρ υ т мє ι и т н є g я σ υ и ∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ι'ℓℓ ѕтαят ρ σ υ и ∂ ι и g тнє ℓ ι ∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ѕαуιиg ι н α ν є и ' т f ι и ι ѕ н є ∂ уєт

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          Please do not quote for replies!
                                                          Questions will be answered later in the week, or when the lesson closes.

Quote:
xxxxxxxxT H I R DxxxY E A RxxxC U R R I C U L U M Nxxxxxxxxx

Students may discuss or ask questions on the following subjects:
× ✖ × Astrology × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Fire Omens × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Tasseomancy × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Ovomancy × ✖ ×
5 House Points will be awarded for questions.
10 or more House Points will be awarded for contribution to discussion.
Amount is dependent on quality of the contribution, as determined by the professor.

xxxx× × ×xxxxSTUDENTSxxxx× × ×xxxx
Any registered student who fails to post at least once this year will have their house docked ten points at the end of the term.
Exceptions can be made provided you contact Cara MiaKitty and are able to provide a reasonable excuse.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:38 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDivination Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy

spaceDrusilla entered the classroom in a daze. She was quite late, she was certain of it. Where did the time go? She'd been so caught up in her cards and runes that she'd completely lost track of it... or perhaps she'd simply stared off into space for a couple of hours. Both were equally possible, after all... except that when she arrived in the classroom and checked the clock, she was actually on time. She frowned; the clock in her office must be wrong, then. She'd have to fix it... if she remembered. Which she probably wouldn't, of course. She scowled for a moment, shaking her head to focus, and smiled widely again at her students before launching into the lecture. "So, since this is Seventh Year Divination, it is a bit different from other classes. It is entirely meant to be a year to review for your NEWTs. So, each lesson we will be going over a different year's curriculum, working on what you need help with and refreshing your memories. Today we'll be going over Fourth Year Divination, so let's begin. I would like for you, students, to tell me everything you can remember from your first year of this class. Or, if you know of anything that confused you, or that confuses you now, ask questions." She stopped then, curious. She had, of course, seen this play out, but in different ways each time... how would it happen then?

spaceThe Seer's eyes glazed, and she shifted a bit, her head tilting in an odd manner, rather like a bird's, her eyes unblinking and unseeing. After a moment, she gave her head a light shake, and smiled again. "Just like in previous years, participation equals house points; even if it's just to ask a question. So don't be shy." She waited patiently, eager to hear what her students had to say. It would tell her much about them... but didn't she already know? Sometimes she forgot...

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx

Quote:

× ✖ × Astrology × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Fire Omens × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Tasseomancy × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Ovomancy × ✖ ×
Amount is dependent on quality of the contribution, as determined by the professor.

Any registered student who fails to post at least once this year will have their house docked ten points at the end of the term.
Exceptions can be made provided you contact Cara MiaKitty and are able to provide a reasonable excuse.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:16 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDivination Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy

spaceDrusilla entered the classroom in a daze. She was quite late, she was certain of it. Where did the time go? She'd been so caught up in her cards and runes that she'd completely lost track of it... or perhaps she'd simply stared off into space for a couple of hours. Both were equally possible, after all... except that when she arrived in the classroom and checked the clock, she was actually on time. She frowned; the clock in her office must be wrong, then. She'd have to fix it... if she remembered. Which she probably wouldn't, of course. She blinked a moment, then smiled at her students, her arms sweeping open in a grand gesture. "Hello, duckies. I suppose I can skip the introductory nonsense, yes? You all know who I am by now... This will be our last year together. So, I'll just remind you all that, you will be respectful, of myself, my craft, and your classmates."

spaceShe paused long enough to let the students absorb her words, and long enough to get just a tad distracted... what was she looking at, though? She scowled for a moment, shoved the visions away, and smiled widely again at her students before launching into the lecture. "So, since this is Seventh Year Divination, it is a bit different from other classes. It is entirely meant to be a year to review for your NEWTs. So, each lesson we will be going over a different year's curriculum, working on what you need help with and refreshing your memories. First week is, of course, Third Year Divination, so let's begin. I would like for you, students, to tell me everything you can remember from your first year of this class. Or, if you know of anything that confused you, or that confuses you now, ask questions." She stopped then, curious. She had, of course, seen this play out, but in different ways each time... how would it happen then?

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx

Quote:

× ✖ × Introduction to Divination × ✖ ×
× ✖ × History of Divination × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Seers and Prophecies × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Common Symbols × ✖ ×

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:00 am
There is a man that I know...
Seventeen years, he never spoke.
Guessed he had nothing to say;
He opened his mouth on Judgement Day.
I listened with all of my might,
But was scared by the look in his eyes!
Like he'd already lost the fight...
And there was no hope ever in sight.

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

яανeи¢łαωšeνeитħ чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Anti was no seer, but she had managed an O on her OWL in this class, and regardless of what anyone said about Divination, it wasn't an easy class to do very well in. At this point she found herself almost fond of Professor Somerset, in spite of the woman's... quirks. "We learned about muggle forms of Divination. Muggles cannot be true Seers, so it is impossible for them to see the future, but they can divine insight about their present. Muggles often read tea leaves, gaze into crystals, or read one another's palms. Muggles also heavily rely on omens, of which they have many." She'd never been sure of why wizards were so dismissive of muggles trying to predict their own futures, when they did it themselves all the time. Of course, muggles had no magic, but it still seemed a little hypocritical. Plenty of wizards and witches pretended to be Seers.

OOC:
Quote:

No hope in the air, no hope in the water,
Not even for me, your last serving daughter.
Why fear death, be scared of living!
Our hearts are small and ever thinning...
There is no hope ever of winning.
I have seen men provoked-
And I have seen lives revoked-
And I looked at my life and choked.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:08 pm
User Image
                                      And you don't seem the lying kind
                                      A shame you seemed an honest man
                                      And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Seventh Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅶ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅶ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Selina met Professor Somerset when she was just a First Year, when she'd been attempting to do a tarot reading in the Great Hall. It seemed so long ago, even though it really wasn't, and she'd grown quite fond of the Seeress over the time. Now, the time was fast approaching they'd part and walk their own paths again. "We discussed various symbols and signs, and what they might portend, such as the Grim. However, I've also learned not all signs are what they might seem at first. Not all Grims are omens of impending death, some are just big black dogs, and the Hanged Man is merely a harbinger of change."

════════════════════════
                                      OOC: Taken by Layton Bannister
                                      User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                      and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                      But you know that it means so much
                                      And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:51 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDivination Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy

spaceDrusilla entered the classroom in a daze. She was quite late, she was certain of it. Where did the time go? She'd been so caught up in her cards and runes that she'd completely lost track of it... or perhaps she'd simply stared off into space for a couple of hours. Both were equally possible, after all... except that when she arrived in the classroom and checked the clock, she was actually on time. She frowned; the clock in her office must be wrong, then. She'd have to fix it... if she remembered. Which she probably wouldn't, of course. She blinked a moment, then smiled at her students, her arms sweeping open in a grand gesture. "Hello, duckies. I suppose I can skip the introductory nonsense, yes? You all know who I am by now... This will be our last year together. So, I'll just remind you all that, you will be respectful, of myself, my craft, and your classmates."

spaceShe paused long enough to let the students absorb her words, and long enough to get just a tad distracted... what was she looking at, though? She scowled for a moment, shoved the visions away, and smiled widely again at her students before launching into the lecture. "So, since this is Seventh Year Divination, it is a bit different from other classes. It is entirely meant to be a year to review for your NEWTs. So, each lesson we will be going over a different year's curriculum, working on what you need help with and refreshing your memories. First week is, of course, Third Year Divination, so let's begin. I would like for you, students, to tell me everything you can remember from your first year of this class. Or, if you know of anything that confused you, or that confuses you now, ask questions." She stopped then, curious. She had, of course, seen this play out, but in different ways each time... how would it happen then?

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:27 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDivination Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAddled

ιи му єуєѕ, ιи∂ιѕρσѕє∂ - ιи ∂ιѕgυιѕєѕ иσ σиє киσωѕxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          нι∂єѕ тнє fα¢є, ℓιєѕ тнє ѕиαкє - тнє ѕυи αи∂ му ∂ιѕgяα¢єxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          вσιℓιиg нєαт, ѕυммєя ѕтєи¢н, 'иєαтн тнє вℓα¢к тнє ѕку ℓσσкѕ ∂єα∂xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ¢αℓℓ му иαмє тняσυgн тнє ¢яєαм, αи∂ ι'ℓℓ нєαя уσυ ѕ¢яєαм αgαιиxxxxxx
                                                          вℓα¢к нσℓє ѕυи, ωσи'т уσυ ¢σмє αи∂ ωαѕн αωαу тнє яαιи؟xxx

xxxѕтυттєяιиg, ¢σℓ∂ αи∂ ∂αмρ, ѕтєαℓ тнє ωαям ωιи∂, тιяє∂ fяιєи∂
                                                          xxxxxxтιмєѕ αяє gσиє fσя нσиєѕт мєи, αи∂ ѕσмєтιмєѕ fαя тσσ ℓσиg fσя ѕиαкєѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxιи му ѕнσєѕ, α ωαℓкιиg ѕℓєєρ, ιи му уσυтн ι ρяαу тσ кєєρ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxнєανєи, ѕєи∂ нєℓℓ αωαу, иσ σиє ѕιиgѕ ℓιкє уσυ αиумσяє
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxнαиg му нєα∂, ∂яσωи му fєαя, 'тιℓ уσυ αℓℓ נυѕт ∂ιѕαρρєαя

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:37 pm
User Image

Dating Alethea Butler
User Image
User Image
                                                        Location : Divination Class - Friday @ 11:00am

Emma headed up to the divination tower. It would be the year she’d have to climb the tower to do tea leave or tarot card readings. The class had always interesting to the Hufflepuff even if she’d never use it after graduation. Listening to Professor Somerset, Emma tried to think back to her third year. She knew what Divination was, she got that there were seers and they told prophecies.

“Professor, I know Divination is the art of looking into the future. Though, the future is always changing with every choice we make. I also know that seers have a natural ability of sight that allows them to make prophecies. And those prophecies are stored at the ministry.” Emma started to speak. “What I don’t get is if prophecies happen at random and a seer has no control over it, how are they recorded?” She asked. It made no sense. Was it just luck that someone else was around to record the prophecy to begin with? Or was there more too it?

With: Class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                                        A loyal friend like you?
                                                        I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                                        Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:31 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDivination Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAddled

spaceDrusilla sat behind her desk, staring forward, waiting. She watched the clock on the opposite wall, her head bobbing back and forth, left and right, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick tock... her students should be arriving any minute now. As they filed in she sat up straight and gave a smile, her eyes bright. Review was always easy, even if it could be somewhat dull. At least she rarely if ever had to worry about having forgotten something. If she'd missed something and it was important, surely someone would ask? "Greetings, duckies! We'll be continuing our review of previous year's curriculum today, specifically focusing on fourth year. So, if you've any questions or would like to discuss any of the lessons from that year, now is the time to speak up! As always, points are awarded for participation!" She smiled serenely, eyes somewhat vacant, as always. She was drifting, ever so slightly, but perhaps that wasn't so bad. At least she was drifting in the seventh year course. They had NEWTs, sure, but if they needed her on track they would get her back easily enough, she thought.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

Quote:
xxxxxxxxF O U R T HxxxY E A RxxxC U R R I C U L U M Nxxxxxxxxx

× ✖ × Astrology × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Fire Omens × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Tasseomancy × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Ovomancy × ✖ ×

Replies to Previous Lesson
"An excellent question, duck, though the answer may be somewhat underwhelming. The short answer is, 'magic,' as is so often the case around here, hm? The longer answer is, the Department of Mysteries and Hall of Prophecy house a plethora of blank prophecy records, crystal spheres not unlike the balls we use to scry. When a prophecy occurs, it is recorded on one of the spheres, and a swirling mist appears inside. An Unspeakable assigned to that area will locate the newly recorded prophecy, take the information from it, and file the record away with various protective charms and wards."

15 points to Emma Bailey of Hufflepuff House for Class Participation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:50 pm
User Image

Dating Alethea Butler
User Image
User Image
                                                        Location : Divination Class - Friday @ 11:00am

Emma had a feeling like everything in her life magic was the answer. Her previous class was interesting. While complex it was also very eye opening. If she had an interest in being such an unspeakable perhaps she would learn a lot more about it. However, she wasn’t the one giving prophecies now was she? Even still it was a fascinating subject and it would continue to be so until the puff would long since forget it.

Come to class the following week, Emma was looking forward to it. The discussions were really helping her prepare. Since they were going over fourth year subjects she was trying to figure out what topics she had difficulty with. As it turned out she didn’t really have a problem with any of them. Though, she never quite got the idea of using eggs as a way to look into the future. It seemed odd to her, not that she didn’t understand how it worked. No, Emma’s favourite way of divinating from fourth year had to be reading fire.

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                                        A loyal friend like you?
                                                        I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                                        Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:02 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDivination Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAddled

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:00 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Seventh Year Slytherin Prefect
Pureblood Parselmouth
Team Chaser

User Image User Image
                                              Location : Divination - Friday @ 11:00am

Raymond was back to his regular schedule of arriving to class on time. Why probably because he wanted to get back on track for his last year. He needed to make sure he knew everything for his NEWTs. Hell he had yet to figure out what he was going to even do when he got out of school. It was his second class of the day. He’d always been good at Divination so he wasn’t worried about it.

When Professor Somerset came in and starting getting into what they’d be doing, Raymond thought way back to third year. That was a long way to go. After a bit of thought, the Slytherin spoke. “I believe we discussed seers and the prophecies they make. I recall that seers don’t remember the prophecies they make. They go into a trance of sorts. When they give these prophecies they get stored in the hall of prophecy. They are stored in such a way that the sphere they are kept in can only by the keeper there or hose the prophecy is about.” Raymond was pretty sure he recalled how prophecies worked for the most part.

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                              Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                              I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                              Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:29 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDivination Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAddled

spaceDrusilla entered the classroom in a daze. She was quite late, she was certain of it. Where did the time go? She'd been so caught up in her cards and runes that she'd completely lost track of it... or perhaps she'd simply stared off into space for a couple of hours. Both were equally possible, after all... except that when she arrived in the classroom and checked the clock, she was actually on time. She frowned; the clock in her office must be wrong, then. She'd have to fix it... if she remembered. Which she probably wouldn't, of course. She blinked a moment, then smiled at her students, her arms sweeping open in a grand gesture. "Hello, duckies. I hope your week has been pleasant thus far. We'll be continuing our review of previous years lessons, this week focusing on fourth year, so let's begin. I would like for you, students, to tell me everything you can remember from your second year of this class. Or, if you know of anything that confused you, or that confuses you now, ask questions." She stopped then, curious. She had, of course, seen this play out, but in different ways each time... how would it happen then?

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

Quote:

× ✖ × Astrology × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Fire Omens × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Tasseomancy × ✖ ×
× ✖ × Ovomancy × ✖ ×

Replies to Previous Lesson
15 points to Raymond Yuko of Slytherin House for class participation

Seventh Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas