Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Gaia's Christian Network News
The SINGLE greatest lie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:14 pm
The church has done a great injustice to our generation and it is time we stop this injustice. We have been taught a lie that is effecting our lives to its core. It is turning twenty and thirty somethings away from the church due to the fact that they believe God isn't there because of the pressure they are receiving. This lie is the idea that God has someone special for everyone.

It started with the True Love Waits movement as a way to get youth to save themselves for marriage, thus it lead many leaders to be false teachers to young people. Our idea of a soul mate, the way the church is teaching it, comes from not from scripture, but actually ancient pagan mythology.

In fact the idea that God has someone out there for everyone means that anyone that isn't married is outside of God's will. If we take this to be true then that means that Paul was outside of God's will for he never married. In fact Paul wrote "But if any man thinks that he is acting unbecomingly toward his virgin daughter, if she is past her youth, and if it must be so, let him do what he wishes, he does not sin; let her marry. But he who stands firm in his heart, being under no constraint, but has authority over his own will, and has decided this in his own heart, to keep his own virgin daughter, he will do well. So then both he who gives his own virgin daughter in marriage does well, and he who does not give her in marriage will do better." 1 Corinthians 13:36-38

If we keep with the idea that not being married is out of God's will then that would mean that Christ was out of The Father's will. This would mean He wasn't the Messiah and thus Christianity and The Bible is all a lie.

There are actually special rewards for those that do not marry as it is said in Revelation 14:4 "Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder, and the voice which I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps. And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one could learn the song except the one hundred and forty-four thousand who had been purchased from the earth. 4 These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they have kept themselves chaste. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb. And no lie was found in their mouth; they are blameless."

Why would we allow false teachers to come in to the church and lie to us? It is time my brothers and sisters that we stand up and voice that we will not take these lies anymore. We should not let ourselves be swayed anymore and be steadfast to what scripture says.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:32 pm
This. THIS is the most fantastic post I have seen in this forum all year. THIS. I could not have said it better, and you brought up some amazing points.

Thank you so much for posting this. heart  

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:52 pm
Blaise-Ingram
This. THIS is the most fantastic post I have seen in this forum all year. THIS. I could not have said it better, and you brought up some amazing points.

We haven't even been a month into this year.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:48 pm
emorhconom esor
Blaise-Ingram

Oh HAHA ok, yeah you're right, lol... then best post on this forum in 2 years. wink  

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:06 am
Blaise-Ingram
emorhconom esor
Blaise-Ingram

Oh HAHA ok, yeah you're right, lol... then best post on this forum in 2 years. wink

You might like my other post then. I suggest you read them as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:25 pm
emorhconom esor
Blaise-Ingram
emorhconom esor
Blaise-Ingram

Which other post...?  

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:54 pm
Blaise-Ingram
emorhconom esor
Blaise-Ingram
emorhconom esor
Blaise-Ingram

Which other post...?

Brick Wall Bubble
Big Voice, Little Whisper
Comfortable? Well too bad!

I have more but they are in my notes.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:43 pm
I like your points  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100