Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Cupid's Ballroom Dance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:11 am
User Image
Jesse Giovanni Fiore
Eleven~ Hufflepuff

✵ ✴ We live in cities you'll never see onscreen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know we're on each others team

I'm kind of over getting told to throw my hands up in the air✵ ✴

【♖】
【♖】 【♖】 【♖】 【♖】

Jesse rose both eyebrows, genuinely surprised. He had thought Yannic would've been a very experienced dancer, considering his bark-equal-to-bite attitude. Smiling gently and taking Yannic's hand and putting the other where it was supposed to go, Jesse looked at the other boy. "You know for all you're talk you're actually kind of nervous. You know, if you want to go with the classic your hands on my hips and my hands on your shoulders approach, we could do that instead. It's easier for beginners," Jesse said with a playful grin. Plus, he had only done any other kind of dancing once or twice.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Wearing~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:32 am
User Image
User Image

GUIDE ME yeah TAKE ME TOGETHER WITH YOU TO THE

PLACE WHERE YOU LIVE H EVEN IF THE WORLD ENDS

i’ll follow from behind you so p PLEASE DON’T GO !.

ᴇνᴇɴ wнᴇɴ ᴛнᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴιɴɢ cᴏᴍᴇs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴅιsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴅιsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴅιsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴅιsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴅιsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴅιsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ
ᴛнιs ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛнᴀᴛ ι'ᴍ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍιɴɢ ʏᴏu'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴏɴʟʏ ʙᴇᴀuᴛιғuʟ ʙuᴛᴛᴇʀғʟʏ

His lips were already formed into a wide grin as she recited the next line, knowing she’d recite it correctly. Though her next… heh, accusation made him shrug, his smile already giving it away. ”Maybe, maybe not. I might have read it once, twice, thrice, or maybe more,” he answered as he furrowed his brows lightly, a playful smile dancing on his lips. ”And maaaaaybe tried acting it. Maybe,” his tone was unsure, playful, but really though, it’s the truth. Even asked the folks in his household about it.

As they danced, he kept his pace slow, not wanting to make it hard for Lyre. ”Try not focusing for a moment. And let the music and your feet do their thing. That’s what I’m doing, and so far, no problems,” he beamed, honesty in his voice. Xavier took occasional glances at their feet, then to Lyre’s lips, then back to their feet, then to Lyre’s eyes. But he couldn’t help but flush when she agreed to his rules. He definitely swore that his heart is trying to break out of his ribcage with how strong and fast is continued to throb. And their lips touched again, his face felt hot and his body felt like it was getting a mild shock. Then, not so long after, he felt her lips slip again, almost immediately, and his eyes snapped open, enough time for him to see his date falling backwards.

His eyes went wide as his body shot forward to catch her. His left hand caught her right wrist and his right hand managed to grab her waist. Oooh. Now they looked like they were just dancing samba… or something. The chaser pulled her up, hugging her tightly. ”Are you okay? Did you get hurt?” Fear and worry crept in his voice as the couple stopped in the middle of the dancefloor. ”Do you want to rest for a while?”

MoodWorried xxxxxxxxLocationCupid BallxxxxxxxxCompanyRandom people… LyrexxxxxxxxCurrently Reading too nervous to read
ooc Gift for Lyre Derpppp

Miss GryffindorK

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:42 am
User ImageUser Image

Let's turn this ยק a little bit ℓøυ∂εя.
                                                        Keep
                                                        ṡιиģιиģ along as the night gets ℓøиģεя.

Avalon walked slowly into the school. It was strange for her. She had never stepped foot into it. It was like home to her baby sister but the place was all new to her. Blue eyes trailed over everything before she spotted her little sister. "Come on Ava!" She said, grabbing onto his hand and dragging him across the dance floor. She was totally oblivious to the other people on the floor and just barged through them all. She reached Bristain and wrapped her arms around the child and hugged her tightly. "Hey there squirt." She said with a playful smirk, before letting her go and twirling on her heel. She smiled brightly at Ava and grabbed his hand, twirling him with her in a couple circles before dizzly stumbling into him.

OOC: Outfit in picture.

These are the ∂αÿṡ that we will always яεмεмвεя.
                                                        Chasing the
                                                        иιģнτ to make our days вεττεя.

Rawwry
Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:17 am
User Image
User Image

█████████ m y j o u r n a l m y p e n h a v e y o u s e e n t h e m ? █████████

✖ t h e v a l e n t i n e b a l l
b y m y s e l f ✖
m a n y t h i n g s
l u l z ✖
✖ s i n g l e
✖ o o c : new formaaaaaaat!

████████████ - - - - - - - - - - - - w h e n o n e i s i n d o u b t , r e m e m b e r ███████████████

Oh, God.

Ooooh, God.

"Fu-- Ava!" Ava protested, tugging helplessly on the hand in his, ultimately failing to bring about any sort of slowing down or change as his namesake charged through the crowd of dancers, thankfully weaving around them alright so no one managed to, say, fall over or cause a domino effect on the bodies around them.

Finally reaching their inviter, the boy grinned, joining in on the hug and cuddling the girl tightly before letting go. "Brissy, darling!" he exclaimed happily, dark eyes shining in amusement. He didn't really have time to say anything else before Ava had grabbed his hands and was forcibly twirling them both in circles-- and then stumbling on him. "Honestly, Ava," he rolled his eyes before smirking in exasperation. "How much did you drink before we came here? You better be sober, young woman-- we have to behave tonight," the blonde huffed, though the reprimand eventually gave way into a smile.

████████████ - - - - - - - - - - - - a r t i s t h e k e y t o t h e w i n d o w s o f t h e s o u l ███████████████

XxXDevil-Chan

Rawwry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:06 am
User Image
User Image

We live in cities you'll never see on screen
And you know, we're on each other's team.

Bristian looked up when a set of arms wrapped around her, soon followed by another pair. The Ava's. She should have guessed, but she was surprised a bit anyway.
"Hey there older squirt! And darling Avabird!" She grinned at them, using both of their greetings. Bris smiled as her sister and her friend spun in a few circles before Avalon fell against Ava, "You aren't drunk, are you? I don't really think this is the best place to be intoxicated, Ava," Bristian looked toward the older Catlin. Drinking wasn't appropriate for school, obviously, but she knew neither of them had ever been to Hogwarts before...Maybe they wanted something to calm their nerves? If they were drunk, of course.

Call all the ladies out.
They’re in their finery.
A hundred jewels on throats.
A hundred jewels between teeth.
Now bring my boys in.
Their skin in craters like the moon.
The moon we love like a brother, while he glows through the room.

Lady Pomegranates

XxXDevil-Chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:01 pm
User Image

I've been awake for a while nowYou've got me feelin' like a child now
'Cause every time I see your bubbly faceI get the tingles in a silly place
The rain is falling on my window paneBut we are hiding in a safer place
Under covers staying safe and warmYou give me feelings that I adore

Lyre giggled when Xavier confessed to having read the play several times over. "Don't worry. I've read it a dozen times at least by now. Not to mention I have been to several plays!" She grinned, despite trying her best to focus on her feet. As she concentrated on her movements, Xavier spoke up, telling her to stop focusing. "But if I don't focus, then I'm going to trip! You aren't clumsy, either! You're coordinated!"

When she fell, Xavier was right there to catch her. Her eyes looked up into his, the girl clinging to his arms. As he pulled her into a hug, she easily returned the gesture, happy to have someone as caring as her darling boyfriend. "I'm fine, Xavi. I've tripped dozens of times, though most had disastrous endings. We can rest if you want, but that's not conducive to learning to dance, now is it?" Lyre gave a smile, then pressed her lips lightly to the taller teen's. When she pulled back a bit, an intellectual grin quirked her lips.

And it starts in my toesMakes me crinkle my noseWherever it goesI always know
That you make me smilePlease stay for a whileNow just take your timeWherever you go
Dada dumdudum dumdadadadadumOhbodododododododum mmm mmm
I always know'Cause you make me smileEven just for a while

IceGrayWolf

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

Keep

Avalon giggled and wrapped one arm around Ava's neck to suppot herself. "I am not drunk!" She squealed brightly, pressing a kiss to cheek. "I had 1.... maybe 2 shots before we came!" Ava swatted at her sister playfully. "Don't be such a party pooper Bris. A few drinks never hurt anyone!" She smiled brightly but she knew that last line was a total lie.

A few drinks was probably why her parents marriage fell apart. A few drinks was why her mother gave her that black eye that one time. A few drinks was why her mother slept around with half the country on a weekly basis. A few drinks hurt a lot of people. But she didn't give two shits, because a few drinks also made her feel a little less like s**t.

She giggled again and released Ava from her grip and stood up straight. "See! I'm fine!" She chirped, managing to not even sway. She really wasn't that intoxicated at all. A few drinks was so far beneathe her limit it barely made a difference. It just took the edge off and killed the pain. That's all. "So squirt, tell me, are their any cute guys at your school that won't get me arrested if I go after them?" She asked smirking. "I mean... its obvious Ava here isn't budging just yet... so I figure... make him jealous and he'll be all over me just like every other guy!" She laugehd gleefully and winked at Ava and her sister.

Chasing the

Rawwry
Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:36 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Ballroom

Leonette tried to give David the benefit of the doubt so he wasn’t great at flying he was pretty much good at everything else it seemed. “I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.” She told him honestly. “Though you have a point I’m good at sports but I suck at remembering dates and I’m not all that great with potions.” She added. He was the bookworm no doubt about that while she was the athletic one. They were the strangest friends she had to admit but maybe that’s why they got along in a strange kind of way.

“I know how much you dislike quidditch David, it really doesn’t bother me.” Leonette told him. “That’s why I spare you of any great details.” She added. “I only know those on the team and a few in our year. Truthfully I know more people in older years because of my cousins and because I attend the music club.” She told him. It was at this point she forgot all about the fact that she was still dancing to the music.

Leonette went from looking David in the eyes to glancing away when he told her she looked nice. “Thank you. You don’t look so bad yourself.” She told him before bringing her eyes back up to meet his again. “Yes as a matter of fact I did. To be honest I’m not the dress and heels kind of girl but I figured coming in jeans and a t-shirt would be inappropriate.” She admitted. The only thing that didn’t change with her outfit was the key necklace she always wore no matter what day or event she was going too.

With: David

Wearing: Red Dress and Heels

OOC: ---

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:13 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: Formal Wear (and bringing a book or two).

Is my dislike of quidditch that obvious? I'm sure there are other people who don't attend any of the games too...

"Oh, I forgot there is a music club," David said with a bit of a smile. "Too bad I never bothered learning an instrument. Anyways, I have my hands full with a side project of sorts..." He said thinking about the first year who had asked him to tutor her. He still wasn't sure if that was going to be a spectacular disaster or not.

"Anyways, give my compliments to your stylist," David joked, knowing full well Leonette had just admitted to picking the outfit herself. "You're lucky you are a Gryffindor, it would be a shame if you felt conflicted about wearing a color that compliments you so nicely."

He then realized that she had complimented him and he brushed it off with a shrug, he wasn't the sort who wanted to be given attention for that sort of thing, "Leo, it's a tuxedo. Seriously, guys can have it really easy if they want to dress up-just get a traditional suit or tuxedo and you are done. Mum or Dad makes sure I have a new one every year for Dad's annual business party since I was like four. It's not something to make any big deal about-it might as well be jeans and a t-shirt-jeans and a t-shirt picked out by my Mum no less."

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:17 pm
User Image
User Image

█████████ m y j o u r n a l m y p e n h a v e y o u s e e n t h e m ? █████████

✖ t h e v a l e n t i n e b a l l
b y m y s e l f ✖
m a n y t h i n g s
l u l z ✖
✖ s i n g l e
✖ o o c : new formaaaaaaat!

████████████ - - - - - - - - - - - - w h e n o n e i s i n d o u b t , r e m e m b e r ███████████████

Two shots.

Okay.

"Two shots is good-- I know your liquor-cap is inhuman and brutish," the blonde nodded, the small frown, breaking into another good-natured eyeroll at the kiss on his cheek. Stubborn thing, he thought, as he pecked her cheek back in return. "That's fine." Smiling fondly at the younger girl he's come to adopt and think of as another sister, Ava went to pull the smaller girl into a hug again.

Pulling a scandalized expression at the other Ava's question-- and essentially plan-- for the rest of the night, Ava held in a bright flush at the statement. He still hadn't told- oh God. "It's not you, dearest-- you simply don't have the right equipment," Ava blushed, cuddling the littler Catlin as he spoke. It was pretty normal for him, the teddy-bear syndrome. Granted, it might not have been the best place or time to come out, but it was definitely a good thing to get it off his chest.

████████████ - - - - - - - - - - - - a r t i s t h e k e y t o t h e w i n d o w s o f t h e s o u l ███████████████

XxXDevil-Chan

Rawwry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:14 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Ballroom

“You don’t need to know a musical instrument. You just need to like music.” Leonette said. “Side project…? Do you mean studying?” she asked. Tutoring wasn’t something she was about to guess. Leonette giggled at David’s comment. “I sure will.” She said with a smile.

Leonette had to wonder if it he was just saying these things to be polite or if he really meant the things he was saying. “You really think red is a complimenting color for me?” she asked a little on the shy side. It certainly wasn’t her usual way of acting that was for sure though she managed to snap out of it when David said what he was wearing was hardly a big deal.

Leonette knew that guys had it a lot easier than girls did when it came to formal wear but then again girls liked dressing up. “You know you’re lucky to have a mum.” She said. It wasn’t exactly planned but it just kind of slipped out. It wasn’t like she could take her words back so Leonette would just have to wait and see what her words might have done to their conversation.

With: David

Wearing: Red Dress and Heels

OOC: ---

mc2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:38 pm
User Image
User Image

We live in cities you'll never see on screen
And you know, we're on each other's team.

Bristian shook her head at her older sister. "Don't be such a party pooper..." How many times has she heard that before? "Oh, but dearest sister of mine, that's what they call. Bristian the Party Pooper. It's a unique name I think. I like it quite a bit. What do you think, Avabird?" Bris glanced at the blonde male who was clinging to her side. "Cute guys...?" She cocked her head to the side, the Ravenclaw hadn't really found herself looking at the males of Hogwarts. Or the females for that matter. Should she be? Bristian cleared her throat and shrugged, "I think that Gryffindor boy you were talking to during the summer is here somewhere. But I dunno," The younger Catlin shrugged.

She listened to her sister and her sister's best friend bantering, which was normal, until she heard something that she hadn't been expecting. Had she heard right? Avalon had perfectly fine equipment as far as she knew. But he hadn't said anything was broken, it was the type. Bristian blinked once, twice, thrice before looking up at her Avabird. "Did you just...?" Bris broke out her most genuine smile. If he was gay and he had just come out, then he had to be happy now, right? Like on the internet, people say once they confess something, it made them feel better. And that was something big for some people to confess. Bristian cuddled into her adopted (sort of) brother even more.

Call all the ladies out.
They’re in their finery.
A hundred jewels on throats.
A hundred jewels between teeth.
Now bring my boys in.
Their skin in craters like the moon.
The moon we love like a brother, while he glows through the room.

Lady Pomegranates

XxXDevil-Chan

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:45 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: Formal Wear (and bringing a book or two).

I wouldn't consider my personal studying a side project.
David listened as Leo talked and explained that all music club members had to do was like music-it seemed kind of a broad acceptance, then, considering he had never met someone who didn't like some kind of music. Maybe he'd consider joining next year. And, then Leo, made fun of his mention about a side project and asked if it was studying before laughing at his joke about her stylist. She asked about whether he actually thought the color was complimenting and he was about to answer when Leo suddenly said, "You know you're lucky to have a mum."

What did that mean? He didn't exactly know her family situation and wondered if somewhere along the way he had offended her by mentioning his own parents. And, then he remembered the Fall Festival and seeing his mother covered in blood, missing a leg, the months of rehabilitation to easily use a prosthetic leg without notice she had gone through, the fact if there hadn't been a mediwizard there to treat her in time if someone else hadn't gotten her to the barn in time he wouldn't have had her.

He stopped midstep in the dance, no longer moving, and he said nothing for a moment before he said quietly, "I know I am... I almost lost her partially because of Claire at last year's Fall Festival... and Mum blames herself for failing to keep Claire from injury when..." He trailed off, as he noticed his hands shaking slightly.

"Sorry... I mean it shouldn't bother me that much... some good came out of it all. Dad and her don't argue over petty things and we got to stay in London for the holidays for once," David said, composing himself. "Yeah, I am lucky, but despite her faults, I think I'm even luckier having her-she's pretty brave and selfless for a former Slytherin if you think about it." He felt like an idiot just standing there awkwardly, but what was there to say? He had panicked when Leo had said her last statement and end up bringing up what had been a horrific blood-fest for a lot of people the year before. And he didn't know why Leo had said what she had said in the first place. Did he just make things worse by agreeing about his mum? He prayed Leo would say something quick because he felt like he just dug himself a grave and had no clue how to get out of it.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:52 pm
We’re losing light, losing light, yeah
We’re fading fast
We had a fire, need a spark, or we’ll never last
Just look at me, look at me, I’ve been burning for you
So long, so long
I’m losing love, losing you, losing everything
Losing faith in the world where I wanna be
So I don’t care if the one thing that’s killing me
Is so wrong, so wrong

User ImageUser Image

Rowan tousled his hair a little bit before he went down to the ball. He was hoping to surprise Corabell a little bit when he arrived. His Aunt had gotten him a new dark blue suit and some black shoes. He wasn't sure it suited him but the purple haired Gryffindor was sure it would surprise his girlfriend. And afer what had happened that summer, he was looking for all the ways he could to make it up to her.

Entering the ball, Rowan swept his eyes across the room looking for her. And soon saw the girl swirling across the floor with her brother. At first her brother had intimidated him, but after this summer, Rowan was sure nothing would have made him happier than to have her smiling. And she certainly was smiling. He had a bouquet of roses behind his back and a small box in his vest pocket. Waiting by the wall for the dance to end. Then he could only hope he would surprise her.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

Keep

Avalon chuckled at her sister's comment about that being her title and nodded in agreement. It wasn't the first time she'd called her a party pooper, and she was sure their mother had done it before too. She rolled her eyes at the fact that her 13 year old sister wasn't paying attention to people yet! How slow was she gonna be? Ava had lost her virginity by 13 for God's sake.... not that she encouraged her baby sister to do that. God no. Her baby sister was a precious thing that was to be treated like a princess. Any person that tried to go after her sister's heart better damn well get Ava's approval first.

She hummed thoughtfully at the idea of the Gryffindor boy and was about to swirl off to find him with Ava in tow when Ava said something she hadn't quite expected. How she hadn't seen it coming, she wasn't sure, but the minute he said it, it made perfect sense. She burst into a wide smile and twisted her arms around his neck, pecking each of his cheeks lovingly. "Of course!" She all bu squealed releasing her friend. "I'm not broken, I'm just not the right kinda person for you!" She winked coyly at him before grabbing his hand and scouting out the dance floor. "Now! Its time to find both us some hot pieces of a** yeah?"

It was as easy as that for her. He was gay. That was perfect. It made her feel better about herself too. She had begun to doubt her abilities to flirt and get people with how long she'd been working on Avis. She smiled and trailed eyes over all the hot men and women. First thing first was finding her lovely best friend a date. Then she'd find herself someone to hookup with.

Chasing the

Rawwry
Lady Pomegranates

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas