⇨ Custom Abilities Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yui Ga Dokuson

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:39 pm
Copy the information below, fill it out, and then post it here. Afterwords, you must wait for it to be accepted by a moderator just to insure that you understand the rules and obeying the guidelines while still making sure that you are being as creative as can be. After your technique is accepted by a moderator, you may then create your technique in character [IC], which takes at least one [1] Paragraph, though it is suggested you take longer.

__________Rules to Creating Technique:
① No Time-Space techniques. This is up for discussion.
② No Gravity Manipulation techniques. This isn't up for discussion.
③ All submitted work is susceptible to change.
④ You cannot create elemental combination Techniques if you do not have the appropriate Evo. [If you have earth and water, it does not mean you can make Growthborn Techs without the evo, etc.] This only applies if the custom is meant for a character you possess.
⑤ Members of Shattered Past are allowed to make up to ten [10] custom Abilities [Referred to as custom ability slots.] These may be increase or decreased depending on Personal Attributes, Event Rewards, and other systems within this guild. The character likewise receives two [2] Custom Ability Slots per Path per Rank, though the techniques made from them must be at least half associated with the path it comes from. The base techniques suffer no such restriction.
⑥ S ranked techniques consume two [2] custom slots.
⑦ Custom techniques do not count towards Learning Limitations.
⑧ Characters may begin making Custom Abilities beginning at E - rank. If the character is under C - rank, the Ability created receives the [Imperfect] tag, making their Strength and Speed rank drop by one [1] while maintaining the same cost. This is representative that at your character rank you have yet to master the skills necessary to make sure abilities function perfectly. At C - rank, you may retrain this Imperfect ability, and make a [Perfected] technique. These techniques can either simply just now work the way they were intended to without the debuff, or you can resubmit it with new effects as long as it's in the same vein as the original ability. If you do this, both the Imperfect and Perfected abilities count as one [1] slot together.
⑨ Below are the formats listed for each type of technique. Please post them separated by type.

__________Coding & Format

___Arcanist Spells

[size=10][b]For Guild Use:[/b] Y // N

[b]Character:[/b] [Who uses the technique]
[b]Technique Name:[/b] [What will it be called]
[b]Rank:[/b] [E/D/C/B/A/S]
[b]Element:[/b] [Wind, Water, Fire, Ect.]
[b]Description:[/b] [i] [What it does] [/i]
[/size]
[quote="Lanfaer"][/quote]

___Illusionist Spells

[b]Senses P // S:[/b] [Primary, Secondary]
[b]Type:[/b] [Illusory, Enchantment, Chained, Instance]
[b]Duration // Upkeep:[/b] [How long does it last? How much does it cost to continue the technique past that?]
[/size]

___Weapon Abilities

[b]Type:[/b] [Simple, Complex, or Magical]
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] [All that apply]
[b]Element:[/b] [Is there an element associated with this?]
[/size]

___Physical Abilities

[b]Type:[/b] [Simple, Complex, or Magical]
[b]Methodology:[/b] [Offensive, Defensive, Grapple]
[/size]

___Rune/Glyph

[b]Duration // Upkeep:[/b] [Not every technique has this, but this can help balance out the technique's strength. How long does it last, and how much for it to continue?]
[b]Glyph Shape:[/b] [This is a seal. What shape does this seal take?]
[/size]

___Tracking Abilities

[b]Duration // Upkeep:[/b] [How long does it last? How much does it cost to continue the technique past that?]
[b]Element:[/b] [Is there a specific element at play here?]
[b]Range:[/b] [Rough estimate on range of the technique]
[b]Type Change || Resolution:[/b] [If this discipline is chosen, how does it change the effect?]
[b]Type Change || Zoom:[/b] [If this discipline is chosen, how does it change the effect?]
[b]Type Change || Oracle:[/b] [If this discipline is chosen, how does it change the effect?]
[/size]

___Medical/Skald Abilities

[b]College:[/b] [Merciful, Twisted, Supplemental]
[b]Element:[/b] [Is there an element associated with it?
[/size]

___Recipes

[size=10][b]Technique or Talent:[/b]
[b]For Guild Use:[/b] Y // N

[b]Recipe Name:[/b] [What will it be called]
[b]Type:[/b] [Craft, Concoction, Potion, etc]
[b]Requirement(s):[/b] [What materials are needed? What Tier of Crafting is required for its creation? Tier of Skill?]
[b]Effect:[/b] [i] [What does the intended Recipe make? What does it do?] [/i]
[/size]

___Talents

[b]Talent Name:[/b] [What will it be called]
[b]Association:[/b] [What Path is this technique tied to?]
[b]Element:[/b] [Wind, Water, Fire, Ect. Most talents do not require them, but they can]
[b]Requirement(s):[/b] [What Proficiency? What Path? What skills? What is required for this Talent to be learned, and/or used?]
[/size]

Lanfaer
05.10.19 Somnus Aeternam: Updated to remove jutsu and replace with Technique. Removed other shinobi references, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:06 am

Character: Baranara Nanabara
Technique Name: Dangan Shushi {Seed Bullet}
Strength: Firing Method
Speed: Firing Method
Type: Ninjutsu
Element: Maruton
Description: A simple technique not unlike fish spit in a sense. After first placing a round spherical object in ones mouth, typically a seed. The user spits it out as if it were like a gun firing a bullet. As a result depending on the amount and way fired will undergo appropriate changes based on firing method Multiple can be spat in a form of chain gun like manner if there are multiple spherical objects in ones mouth.
Modes:
1 → Snipe: One shot, C - rank Speed, E - rank Damage
2 → Blast: One shot, E - rank Speed, C - rank Damage
3 → Burst: Three shots, each doing C - rank speed, but E - rank damage a piece.

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

Dopy Grimes

Aged Millionaire

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 am

Character: Atsuma Ket/Toya Takahashi
Technique Name: Paper Ghost
Type: Genjutsu || Bloodline
Element: None
Description: P/S. Sense: Sight // Sound
Base Duration: // Upkeep: 3 posts 5 chakra
Description: Can only be activated if someone has actually seen Atsuma/Toya using his bloodline. The action can be minor such as folding origami in his hands. However it cannot be used if not meeting this requirement. Once activated, Atsuma/Toya disappears into a flock of paper birds. To the afflicted it will appear as if he has disappeared as the flock and flown away, but in reality will be invisible to the afflicted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:10 pm
Necro: Everything seems fine, my only issue is this section:
"Multiple can be spat in a form of chain gun like manner if there are multiple spherical objects doing so then alternates speed and strength."

Regardless of the power of the technique, you can't fire it multiple times from one activation and have each shot retain the same power, for example, you can't shoot three shots with this and have all of them have a C rank's worth of power. The three shots would have E rank worth of power because the overall power of the technique would be spread among the three shots. What I would suggest is limiting the fired shots to one, so that the power is preserved, but making it so that you can fire a second shot by paying the same amount of chakra, without consuming an extra activation.

Lan suggests you make it so that the technique has two firing modes, which is more similar to what you originally had, that would go as follows:
1 → One shot, C - rank speed, E - rank damage // E - ranked Speed, C - ranked Damage
2 → Rapid Fire 3 shots, each doing C - rank speed, but E - rank damage a piece.

Mal: My main concern on this technique is the fact that it makes your character invisible to those affected, but I'll refer this one to Lan. Preliminary though, I'd argue that the rank and cost need to be increased to justify that invisibility, but you could get rid of some of the rules attached to it, such as the need to have seen the character use the bloodline. Also, it is important to remember, that if you intend to have this technique as your starting technique, it cannot go above C Rank, since it is a custom.

NecroPlant

malavaes

Lanfaer
Keep in mind that any approval/denial/suggestion can be overruled by either Lan or Tao.

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:43 am
Aegon VI Targaryan
That's pretty much exactly what I was going for was just had some issues wording it. I'll do just that.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:01 am
Character: Ayamari
Technique Name: Genjitsu no Kabe o Kawasu [現実の壁を壊す, Fourth Wall Break]
Element: Maruton [Null]
Description: After hand seals, the user designates a point in front of them, as if calculating, and then physically punches the air or object. This opens up a fourth dimensional 10 x 10 space which is invisible to the naked eye except through opening where the user punched. It does not exist on any other side except for the opening, and it cannot be interacted with outside of said opening. Meaning if someone walked through that 10 x 10 space, they would be just as oblivious to its existence as before. The user controls what the inside looks like, up to average quality (such as stone walls and a standard mattress). The space remains as long as they are inside of it. Anyone inside cannot see anything outside, except through the entrance.

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:56 pm
_______________Formal Moderator Judgment... ||

→→ Your techniques are approved, and may be added to your profiles.

NecroPlant

malavaes

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:13 pm
Lanfaer

Character: Kokuei Nara
Technique Name: Irezumi o kyūshū suru (absorbing tattoos)
Type: Fuuinjutu/Ninjutsu
Element: N/a
Description: Items can be absorbed into either hand, and are sealed into the form of a tattoo on Kokuei's body. These tattoo's can be summoned back to physical form through simple chakra manipulation and forming a one handed seal. Once this seal is formed, the hand must be opened to accommodate the Item being released. For 1 half rank increase in chakra cost, projectiles can be absorbed. Likewise, for a half rank increase in cost, they can be launched out. Can be trained up to gain projectile rank and storage available. Storage is limited to space on skin. At D rank, can store 1 Medium, 2 Small, or 4 Extra small items per activation. At C Experience Rank you can store 2 Medium, 4 Small, or 8 Xtra small items per activation

Arrow35

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:19 pm

→→ Your techniques are approved, and may be added to your profiles.

Arrow35

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Character: Mizore
Technique Name: Shinsen
Element: Yukiton
Description: Casting a sign, the user can turn parts of their body into Ice, which can be used as a weapon with 15 Durability. For half rank increased chakra cost, can also launch Ice shards for as E-Rank projectiles. When durability hits zero, or jutsu release is forced, Body Part receives injuries in greater degree the lower the durability, with zero being the part is broken and severely disabled

Arrow35

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:40 pm

→→ Your techniques are [Denied], for it is missing several key factors. First and foremost, turning a body part into ice is going to cost chakra, and unless you're planning to make it a permanent change, there will need to be an upkeep cost. To notify this, you would say D - ranked [E - rank Upkeep] in the Rank section. Secondly, you are saying you can change that body section into a weapon. This implies you can only change an entire limb. Is that the intention? Put it down if it is. If it can be any part of the body, such as the stomach, the butt, the nipples, etc, than again this need to be explained. Does the cost double per limb? Per one foot section of flesh? Now, you have it where for D + E - ranked of chakra (roughly 30 chakra) you are able to launch E - ranked projectiles. What shape do these take? Needles? Shuriken? Daggers? Mini narwhals with pilot goggles and a propeller cap? Furthermore, you are saying that when you deactivate the technique, or a the "durability" hits zero, the jutsu ends, which makes sense. But it also receives damage appropriate to the strikes? So you're going with the same rules Kiko's has, which is that the damage is still there? If that is the case, might I ask what the point is, besides flavor?
→→ While the last part doesn't effect whether I accept this or not, the rest will need to be explained within your technique before I can accept it. As it stands, the technique is too vague for me to get a good grasp as to just what is intended, and just what it all does.

Arrow35

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Character: Ydarihan Malakzdar
Technique Name: Manus Ìustitiae [Hands of Justice]
Description: The spirit of Justice within Ydar, at times, can manifest in strange way. The Wings of a celestial are difficult to describe my mortal means, for their existence is not of this plane of existence. However, in the heavens celestials have wings, and these wings have a sort of tendril-ish appearance. It is these grasping feelers that, in our world, take the form of a transparent, invisible force in the shape of these tendrils, the number of which vary upon several factors. When called upon, the tendrils form from any joint desired within the body, their length no more than ten yards [10]. These tendrils may, if desired, split their ends into multiple "fingers" to become miniature hands. The base cost of this technique bestows up to six [6] of these "tendrils // hands", each with the same strength that Ydar himself possesses. Made up of this "Celestial Force", they cannot be stopped by chakra blockers, but are a type of "limb" that can be stopped by physical force. Their girth ranging from the thinnest string to the full circumference of a human arm, the tendrils may act independent of Ydar, controlled entirely by his mind.

→ The cost of the technique comes in a few ways. Firstly, for every twenty [20] chakra or stamina paid into the technique, Ydar is able to double the length of the tendrils. This also matches the upkeep cost, which must be paid for every post the tendrils are made longer. An additional twenty [20] chakra or stamina may be paid to increase the number of tendrils by an additional two [2], with the upkeep cost paid per post of the increase value. Both effects may stack, with the costs stacking together. Otherwise, this technique only costs five [5] chakra or stamina to activate, with no upkeep cost, similar in nature to Chakra Strings for puppeteers.

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:24 pm

→→ Your technique is approved, and may be added to your profiles.

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:48 pm

Character: Jean Coppelio Gogh
Technique Name: Hand of Hephaestus
Description: By channeling chakra into a, Jean strengthens and forms a protective buffer around the targeted tendril, up to the entirety of the tendril but the area of effect can be diminished if desired for whatever reaon. The buffer poses no resistance to any movement Jean's tendrils make and, like any other chakra-based barrier, protects against outside harm. Between the strengthening of his physical tendrils and the malleable chakra barrier, this single technique can protect Jean from both physical and chakra attacks up to the same rank. When faced against a technique of equal rank, both barrier and physical strengthening dissipate after nullifying the threat. Offensively, the technique has no merit other than to function as a sort of boxing glove for Jean's tendrils. Normally, due to the tactile sensitivity of his tendrils, most tendril attacks are rather painful for him, but with the technique it's much more bearable.

Additionally, the chakra buffer can help to protect the appendage it surrounds from harmful temperatures. The extent to which it does so is, like the protective qualities of this technique, reliant on the amount of chakra used for this technique. At E-rank, the temperature regulation starts off as just minor adjustments, and it becomes the equivalent of snow gloves or oven mitts at C-rank. By A-rank, Jean can thrust his tendrils into liquid nitrogen or the fire of a forge without any adverse effects, and it gets a little better at S-rank, like it does for the in-between D- and B-ranks, but not by much.

Outside of defense, the chakra coat can be given minor properties, such as forming a sharp edge or a sticky surface. Jean can use this coat to create functional tools with the right weave of the myriad of threads that make each tendril as aside from the tendril shape his threads can always coalesce into other shapes, like screwdrivers or spears.

In combat, this technique lasts for one [1] post, as it requires a certain amount of concentration to sustain efficiently (i.e. without further use of chakra) when actively fighting (or running for your life as Jean is more apt to do). Out of combat, the technique can sustain itself for much longer, lasting for five [5] posts. After the original duration, an upkeep cost of half the original cost can be paid to refresh the duration.

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Fundamentals :: Application Approval ||→ {3}

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers