Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Edgeworth Family Flat Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:43 pm
xxxxE D G E W O R T HxxxF A M I L YxxxF L A Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxLOCATED IN Diagon Alley, above Ollivander's xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

Damien, Marina, and Gideon Edgeworth
Brownie the House-Elf

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:44 pm
xxxxT H ExxxE D G E W O R T HxxxF A M I L Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

xxxH U S B A N Dxxx
          xxxxxDAMIEN EDGEWORTH
          xxxxxxxIS CURRENTLY
          xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image

xxxW I F Exxx
                  xxxxxMARINA EDGEWORTH
                  xxxxxxxIS CURRENTLY
                  xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image

xxxS O Nxxx
                          xxxxxGIDEON EDGEWORTH
                          xxxxxxxIS CURRENTLY
                          xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image

xxxH O U S E - E L Fxxx
                                  xxxxxBROWNIE
                                  xxxxxxxIS CURRENTLY
                                  xxxxxxxAT HOME

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:46 pm
xxxxE D G E W O R T HxxxF L A TxxxI N F O R M A T I O Nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxT H ExxxH O M Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              The home is located above Damien's shop in Diagon Alley.
              Previously, the couple had lived in a nearby building in London, but upon discovering that they were going to have a baby, they elected to move into the flat so that they could alter the home as they saw fit, as well as magically expanding it with the growth of their family.
              There is a small workshop for Damien, with a stairway leading directly down into his shop.
              The family House-Elf, Brownie, has a bedroom in the attic, which she is still very confused about.

xxxT H ExxxP E T Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              Damien has an owl named Tobias
              Marina has a cat named Jet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:53 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Casual at Homespace
CURRENTLY // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Brownie and Marispacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This... is strange. But, nice.' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ I've traveled and unwound my own truth yeah
I've laid my head on the rock of youth yeah
∳ ∳ ∳
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDamien stood in the kitchen of his and Mari's new flat, working on a simple stew for supper, under Brownie's careful watch. He pretended not to notice the House-Elf cleaning up after him. He'd insisted that he'd take care of it, but honestly, he was eternally grateful for her doing it... and for his father sending Brownie to live with them. It had been an unexpected, but incredibly welcome, surprise. He did hate to think of his father being mostly alone in their family home, but really, he thought this was for the best. Maybe after Brownie had whipped him into shape as far as cleaning went, he'd convince his dad to have her go back. Although, Damien got the distinct feeling that his father wasn't going to be completely alone... if the sudden obsession with dogs and constant trips to the Magical Menagerie were any indication, Damien would bet the man had some sort of a crush on the owner.

spaceThe former Slytherin (and how odd was that? He'd graduated... he was an actual adult) checked the flavor of the stew one more time and, satisfied, turned the stove off, making three bowls and taking them to the kitchen table. They'd just moved in today, hence the simple meal. He was far too tired to fix anything else. But, it'd taste fine, and fill them up. There was plenty of it left, too, in case anyone needed a second (or third) bowl. There were still a few things in boxes, of course, but he'd made sure that the tableware got unpacked first so they'd have it for tonight. "Mari! Supper's ready!" he called, and he had to crush a sudden nervous churning in the pit of his stomach. He'd never cooked for her before... he hoped that she liked it. If not... well, he guessed he could keep a list of foods she did and didn't like... or ask her what about it she didn't like, since it was a pretty simple stew, just some beef and vegetables, some seasoning. Hardly anything overly telling concerning her tastes. He tried to think of what sort of things she had eaten at dinner at Hogwarts, but nothing came to mind. A list it was, then.

∳ ∳ ∳ I've trusted and then broken my own word
                                                          Just to keep me free in this mad, mad word
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:14 pm
Dire straits and dirty consequences...
An invitation to your personal disaster!
It's a point break; another guilty conscience.
And you won't stop me 'til I get just what I'm after!
I'm taking you down with me; 'til you...
Can't sleep, can't breathe!
You met your enemy!
Won't get no peace with me!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
AGE EIGHTEEN, AUROR IN TRAINING HOPEFUL
PROUD HALFBLOOD AND FORMER SLYTHERIN

User Image
I'm taking you down with me: Tired | Can't sleep, can't breathe: Food... | You met your enemy: Damien and Brownie | Won't get no peace with me: Home

Marina was trying not to be overwhelmed. In what seemed like no time at all, she'd moved out of her parent's house, found a flat in London in a nice neighborhood for a reasonable rent, and sent in her application to become an Auror to the ministry. Really, all she could do now was wait. Damien had already gotten a job in Hosmeade as an apprentice wandmaker, and she was thrilled for him, but also hoping she'd get her dream job as well. She'd spent the whole day cleaning as much as she could, or, well, as much as Brownie would let her, which admittedly wasn't very much, but she had to distract herself with things like cleaning and unpacking, and making sure Jet hadn't escaped into London (he'd already tried twice). Silly cat thought he was still at Hogwarts. He wasn't used to being this cooped up. She felt a little nostalgic for her... old school, now. It was still strange to think she wouldn't be headed to Platform 9 and 3/4 in September. She'd unpacked nearly all of her things, a giddy nervous feeling surrounding her all day. This was all so new, and she almost felt like a child playing house, as she folded clothes. It was so... domestic. Was this what it was like to be an adult? Of course, her and Damien weren't completely on their own, they had Brownie, which was good, because at least the house elf knew more than both of them combined about what it took to actually manage a home. She sat down on the master bed for a moment, Jet twining around her ankles, and actually let herself breathe and take it all in for a moment. This was it. She'd moved out. She was living with her boyfriend in a flat. Far away from her parents. In a new city. She bounced childishly on the bed for a few seconds, before blushing, even though no one was currently in the room with her, and walked out, just in time to Damien calling her from the kitchen. "Coming!" she maneuvered around the few remaining boxes in the living room and into the kitchen, smiling at Brownie and her boyfriend as she took a seat at the table. He looked almost nervous, but she had no idea why. She was eternally grateful he was willing to cook, and therefore spare all of them whatever mess she'd end up making. Upon actually sitting for more than a minute, she became aware of just how worn out she was. Even if the stew hadn't smelled good, she still would have eaten it; she'd eat anything right now. "It smells amazing," she informed him honestly, and nearly laid her head down on the table before remembering she wasn't a child anymore and needed to keep all parts of her body off the table.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.

Cara MiaKitty

You tried to tempt fate, be careful what you wish for...
I'll take you deeper and strip you of salvation!
It's a crusade to bring you to your knees;
It's what you wanted, your last manipulation.
The lower you go the less that you'll know...
You're sinking to the bottom now...
You're losing control...
The lower you go...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:12 pm
User Image

∳ ∳ ∳

spaceDamien smiled, pleased when she said it smelled good, but he didn't think he'd be able to really relax until she actually tried a bite. Of course, Brownie had been the one to teach him to cook, and if he'd done anything wrong she'd have fixed it (or told him how) while she'd been hovering, so he really shouldn't have been so worried. He frowned as the House-Elf went to grab her bowl and carry it from the small dining area back to the kitchen. "Brownie, if you were supposed to eat in there, I would've left your bowl in there," he told her with a frown. The House-Elf blinked as if completely caught off-guard by this, and huffed, murmuring something about strangeness as she hopped up into one of the chairs to eat. Damien shook his head and rolled his eyes. She'd raised him, and he loved her, but she was a strange creature sometimes. He glanced back at Mari. "So, what all do we have left to unpack?" he asked, his expression tired, but thoughtful. He'd stopped helping about an hour and a half ago to make dinner after realizing he was completely starving and figuring she would be, too. He'd felt bad about it, but they did need to eat, after all. Ah, well. He'd finish it up tomorrow. As far as he was concerned, they were done for the day. All the important things, furniture and such, were in place, or at least sort of where they needed to be. They'd done that first, before they were too tired to be bothered with it. But he had no idea how many boxes were still full of clothes and books and all manner of other nonsense. "Mind you, I mean for us to finish tomorrow. I've had enough unpacking for one day, so long as there's covers on the bed and my pajamas are out." As if to punctuate how very not in the mood for unpacking he was, he yawned then. It'd been a very, very long day, after all.

∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:19 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
EIGHTEEN, AUROR IN TRAINING HOPEFUL

User Image
I'm taking you down with me: Tired | Can't sleep, can't breathe: Food... | You met your enemy: Damien and Brownie | Won't get no peace with me: Home

Marina was busy taking a spoon of stew, and then another, and then another. She was starving. This was not the time to be delicately sipping from her spoon like she was royalty or something, even if it was hot. She swallowed several times before she finally looked up. "It's good." she pronounced. "Really. You're a great cook." She turned her head to affix the house elf with a look, because hell would freeze over, in Marina's book, before Brownie was ever sent back to eat in the kitchen. "You eat where we eat," she said firmly. At Damien's question she looked back at him, taking another bite of stew. "Um... I unpacked all the clothes, and put them away. Mine and yours. I hope you don't mind," she said suddenly, realizing just how very... weird it was to be folding his clothes, hanging up his shirts and so on. No, she had not sniffed anything. Okay, maybe once. They smelled like him. "The books are unpacked, the pillows and the sheets and towels and everything are out.." she ticked things off on her fingers. "I'm not sure what's left. Some of my old stuff, some of your old stuff, assorted knick knacks... I made the bed, and I left blankets on the couch for you, Brownie." she assured both of them, before yawning, having caught it from her boyfriend. "Oh, Merlin. Yes, please, let's finish tomorrow. I didn't know the unpacking would be harder than the packing." She was used to packing, after all. She'd had to pack every summer before Hogwarts, though it was mostly just clothes and new textbooks and other school things, since her trunk really couldn't fit all that much without the help of magic. Unpacking had just meant pulling out all her old things and stuffing them all back in her dresser and closet in her room. Unpacking things for an entire home was completely different. Because that was what this was. A home. She hoped it would be, anyways .

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...
The lower you go...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:49 pm
User Image

∳ ∳ ∳

spaceDamien almost sighed in relief when she told him he was a great cook. He didn't particularly think great was the word for it, he was decent, good at best, but it meant a lot to hear her say it. Especially given how she'd apparently managed to ruin pots boiling water. He was pretty sure she'd been exaggerating about that, but you never knew. Of course, if neither of them could cook, Brownie was amazing. But, he could, and he sort of liked being able to. Sometimes the reversal of gender roles between the pair of them amused him to no end. Actually, there was really only one time it didn't, and that was when he thought about Mari's career choice. He was doing a pretty good job of being supportive, though. Or, he hoped he was. He listened as she listed what all she'd unpacked, feeling an odd sort of jump in his stomach at the thought of her unpacking his clothes, putting them all away with hers... Something about sharing a closet and a dresser seemed to make it feel a lot more like they were living together than any of the rest of the moving process had. His thoughts trailed to the bedroom, and he swallowed, reminding himself that the dinner table was definitely not the place to be thinking about anything regarding that. Especially since they weren't alone. He glanced at Brownie, flushing a bit, and then looked back at Marina. "I'd be willing to bet unpacking the books probably took more work than any of the rest combined," he joked. It was probably true; between the two of them, they practically needed a bigger flat just so they had an extra room to use as a library. He had considered it, of course... but this was the nicest place that they'd been able to afford at the moment, at least within the restrictions they'd agreed upon for the division of rent. He was paying just a bit more than her at the moment, and it was already too much for her taste. It wouldn't be that way for long, though. "I never thought I owned so much stuff, to be honest. Although, a good bit of it is stuff Father sent with me to 'fill up the space.'" Yeah, Wesley had definitely been all-too eager to send him with all manner of little odds and ends from around the house. An old wardrobe, various decorative items, a couple small paintings... it was honestly a bit ridiculous. And Adalaide had sent them with a couple of plants 'to liven up the place,' which she had assured them wouldn't need too much attention. He was pretty sure they'd both be dead pretty quick, honestly, but he wasn't going to hurt the Hufflepuff's feelings. And they did look pretty nice.

space"All this unpacking has been exhausting. I don't know how muggles manage without magic, to be honest. I think I'd be dead on my feet." He shook his head, trying to imagine having to do all the work without magic. It'd been bad enough that they'd had to carry all the furniture and boxes inside with minimal magic usage because the flat was in an area densely populated with muggles (a couple featherweight charms on the heavier things had been all they could do), but having to actually go through and do all the unpacking without it as well? It sounded awful. "But, I'm more than happy to wait until tomorrow and finish it up. Like I said, blankets and pajamas."

spaceHe barely kept himself from half-joking that the pajamas were optional. If it'd been an honest joke, he might've made it anyway, but he knew it wasn't, and she would definitely know it wasn't (he was pretty sure he'd made his opinion on the subject pretty clear), and he wasn't going to risk getting the look from her. Or Brownie, for that matter. He was pretty sure the House-Elf would slap him upside his head for making such an inappropriate joke. He finished the soup in his bowl, went to get seconds, and as he was sitting back down, he asked, "So, what do you want to do after dinner? Straight to bed, or did you have something in mind?" Again, there went that little voice in his head, the one he was trying oh, so hard to ignore, the one that said 'straight to bed, alright... but not for sleep.' Honestly, he had no idea if she'd want to do anything, stay up and read or talk or any of that. They were both pretty tired. She looked exhausted, and he felt it. Sleep wouldn't be such a bad thing. But, he wasn't so tired he'd pass out if she wanted to stay up and bit longer to do something. So long as it didn't involve any more manual labor, he didn't really care what she wanted to do.

∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:21 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

User Image

Marina laughed at his joking, almost choking on her stew but managing to swallow. "Let's just say I'm glad I can we have spells for lifting things. Otherwise I would have gone mad, constantly going back and forth from the boxes to the shelves." She'd just barely fit all of their combined reading material in the available space. Even so, she'd had to stick a few books on top of rows of books on the shelves, and everything looked fit to explode. All together, it had taken the better part of an hour, even with magic. She arched an eyebrow. "Fill up the space? Well, you can let him know that there's no space left next time you seem him." she said in a dryly amused tone, though she did have to admit all the little things for "decorative purposes" had done a good job of making the flat feel more homey and cozy. There were no depressingly bare walls or empty, forlorn corners. Everything had a place. She'd stuck the plants in random areas, the kitchen, the living room, one in the bedroom; she hadn't know quite what to do with them. She just hoped they lasted longer than a week, because she knew she was going to forget to water them all the time.

She stretched a little, trying to work out a knot in her shoulder. "They usually have to hire people- movers, to carry things for them. I cannot tell you how many times I wanted to just forget the whole Statue of Secrecy thing, whip out my wand, and just levitate everything inside." Come on, only a few people would probably believe their own eyes, right? They could just pass it off as... what was it called, CGI? That was real, right? She smiled to herself at her own mental quips, and idly stirred her stew with her spoon for a moment, before taking another few bites.

She watched Damien get up for seconds with a subdued, tried look in her eyes, and then finished off the last of her own bowl as he sat back down. She was surprised to find that she was already full, probably because she'd started eating so fast to begin with. His question was an innocent one, and if she'd been a year or two younger she would have probably flushed red as a tomato and dove under the table in embarrassment. But she was an adult now- she had to keep reminding herself that, and adults did not hide under tables unless the situation really, really called for it. As it was, she blushed faintly, put her spoon down in her empty bowl a little too slowly, and averted her eyes until she trusted herself not to go redder upon looking at him. Her one leg kept bouncing nervously under the table. If you were a normal girlfriend, a nasty, sweet little voice in her head was saying, you would make a flirty joke out of this. Instead you're acting like he just suggested you both go running naked through the streets. She shut the voice down immediately, and decided she needed to get a grip.

"Bed," she said much more firmly than she meant it to sound, and jumped up, grabbing her bowl and putting it in the sink, switching on the faucet. She glanced back at him and did her best to look calm and collected. Her best probably wasn't good enough. "I mean, maybe I'll stay up and read for a few minutes, but I'm pretty sure I'll be out like a light as soon as my head hits the pillow." she told him, over the sound of the running water as she rinsed the bowl and her spoon a few times, before putting both in the dishwasher. This was how one did dishes, right? She was a little scatter brained right now. Yawning again, she came up behind him, and absently kneaded his shoulders with her hands for a moment or two. She said nothing, but bounced lightly on the balls of her feet, even though she much more awake and alert now than she had been just a few minutes ago.

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...
The lower you go...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:10 pm
User Image

∳ ∳ ∳

spaceDamien nodded in agreement; he couldn't imagine having to do things manually. Again, he felt a bit of respect for muggles shoot through him; how on earth did they manage doing this? Even the people who hired movers, the movers were still having to do all that work, and it was a lot of work, after all! He could just imagine what the living room looked like; shelf upon shelf of books upon books. He'd be surprised if there were room for anything else, honestly. He was honestly impressed they'd managed to find room for those bloody paintings his father had sent. They were small, yes, but still! "Oh, I'm taking pictures, show him how cluttered it all is," he told her with a snort, rolling his eyes a bit. "Actually, scratch that. If I do, he'll probably find an empty spot on the wall and send some antique mirror over or something," he said, wondering if there even was room for such a thing. If there was, Wesley would no doubt find it. Damien had no doubts that part of Brownie's orders when she'd moved with them was to report back to Wesley on how they were doing. The man was becoming more and more meddlesome by the day. Soon he'd be clucking like an old hen and asking for grandchildren.

spaceDamien watched her reach to massage a spot on her back, eyes intent. After a moment, he blinked, clicked his tongue a bit, shaking his head at her. "Now, now, Mari... it wouldn't do for a future Auror to be caught using magic in front of the neighbors, now, would it?" he teased, eyes bright. He could just see an Obliviator squad getting called in and them having to explain to the Ministry that the boxes had just been really, really heavy... that'd go over well. Of course, they could always try to erase the memories themselves... but then, they'd probably leave poor old Mrs. Hughes from down the hall thinking it was the fifties or something. Which would be funny, but horrible. He wondered where the line was on things like that, what was funny enough to not be so awful and what was so awful it made you a horrible person to laugh... until he figured it out, he needed to keep jokes like that to himself, he thought.

spaceHe watched her flush, noticing how very nervous she seemed to get suddenly, and couldn't keep that devilish smile off his face. He was horrible, he decided, no doubt about it, because he knew why she was flushing, and it amused him... and more than that, he felt his heart skip a beat at the thought of it. He watched her get up and clean her dishes, eyes glancing at Brownie, who had paused in her own meal to watch carefully, as if waiting to be needed. The poor dear was going to have a hard time with Marina; Wesley and Damien were used to just letting her run the ship. She'd raised both of them, after all, had been ordering the pair about since the days they'd been children. Mari, on the other hand... well, even if her parents tended to order her about, he didn't think she was the type to give in. More than that, he was entirely certain that she was the sort to chaff at Brownie telling her to leave the dishes for her to clean, don't worry about the laundry, and all that. The House-Elf was going to go insane, he thought with a chuckle.

spaceHe tried very, very hard not to look put out at how quickly she'd shut him down, but then, he didn't blame her. His nerves had been jumping all day. And in the days before that, if he were honest... and when they'd found the flat to begin with. They were living together... it was a rather big deal. Baby steps, right? No matter how bad he might want to... her hands on his shoulders made him suck in a breath. Meanwhile, Brownie had finished up her stew and wandered into the kitchen, rinsed her bowl, and then retired to the living room with a wave and a polite, 'Goodnight.' His hands reached up, pulling Mari's hands to his chest, and sliding them down until she was leaned over his shoulder so he could turn his head to press a kiss to her cheek. "Bed, then," he murmured, and really, he was completely okay with that, really... or, that was what he was telling himself. They were tired, anyway, right? Although, at the moment, he didn't feel so tired.

∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:45 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

User Image
I'm taking you down with me: Overjoyed | Can't sleep, can't breathe: I did it! I can't believe- I did it! | You met your enemy: - | Won't get no peace with me: Home

Marina had been waiting for this owl for what seemed like her entire life. She knew it was a Ministry owl the second she didn't recognize it as her parent's or any of her friends. She leaped up from her seat so fast she nearly toppled the chair, and lunged at the nearest window. It was a remarkable imitation of what she'd done roughly seven years ago, when she'd gotten her letter to Hogwarts. She'd known the outcome of that letter, though. This one... she wasn't so sure. She barely looked at the owl; had eyes only for the letter, nodded her thanks to the bird and then leaned on the window sill a little. She felt like her heart was in her throat, and for once it wasn't because her life was in danger. She held her breath while she read the bit of parchment, and then screamed.

"Damien!" she shrieked. "Damien, come here!" She was aware of just how loud and obnoxious she was probably being right now, and probably scaring her boyfriend too, but she didn't really care. Her gaze was fixated on the word "Accepted" in the notice, and she couldn't stop the beaming grin from spreading across her face. She'd done it. By Merlin, she'd actually gotten where she'd always wanted to be. She was an Auror. In training, yeah, but an Auror all the same. She'd have the badge and the robes and maybe one day her own desk, and it was going to be bloody amazing because she knew everything she'd done, everything she tried to be thus far in life, hadn't been for naught.

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...
The lower you go...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:19 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'That's definitely happy sound, right?' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳

spaceDamien was lost in a book, laying back on their bed. He normally would've been in the living room, but he hadn't really meant to sit back and start reading when he'd wandered into the bedroom an hour earlier; he'd been going to grab something (he couldn't even remember what now, actually) and gotten distracted by the book on Mari's nightstand. He hadn't read it before, hadn't even heard of it. But, she'd been reading it a bit each night before bed, so naturally he was curious. And it was turning out to be rather good. He was just finishing up a chapter when he heard her shouting for him. He bolted upright in the bed, concerned for a moment, worried that something was wrong, but after a second, it registered that she sounded excited. "Coming!" He smiled a bit, marking his place (and checking to be sure that he hadn't lost hers) before setting the book back down on the nightstand and walking to the living room.

spaceHe came up behind her, arms wrapping around her waist, and looked over her shoulder. "What is it, love?" he asked, although it proved unnecessary. He spotted the letter in her hands, the seal on it, and knew. He grinned widely, pressing a kiss to her cheek, waiting for the shrieking and the hugging and Merlin only knew what else. He felt the slightest bit of weight lift off his shoulders, too, because while he'd known Mari was more than qualified and thought that the Auror office would have to be mad not to want her... he was her boyfriend, after all, and he couldn't help but worry just a bit. It was in his nature.

∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:16 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
EIGHTEEN, AUROR IN TRAINING

User Image
I'm taking you down with me: Overjoyed | Can't sleep, can't breathe: I did it! I can't believe- I did it! | You met your enemy: Damien | Won't get no peace with me: Home

Marina noted that he came from the direction of the bedroom, and distractedly wondered what he had been doing in there for so long. He'd seemed to have wandered in their quite some time ago. But she lost track of that line of thought entirely when he came to look over her shoulder, arms going around her waist. She held it up jubilantly, which was reminded her of all the time she'd proudly shown off grades to her parents, waiting for the desired reaction. And now she had proof that all that time spent studying and paying attention in class, even when she didn't want to, had paid off in the end. She didn't want to jump and down gleefully, she did have dignity to maintain, but still, she was very nearly dancing in place. "Auror," she said triumphantly. "They accepted my application. I was just starting to get worried- oh, but they want me! I have a job!" She twisted a little in his arms and hugged him, like she was trying to preserve this moment in her memory. She couldn't remember the last time she'd felt this lighthearted. She wasn't exactly full of doom and gloom and misery, or at least she hoped she wasn't, but she wasn't known for being very bubbly or cheerful either. She was still, after all, a Slytherin, and because she knew how emotional she could get she generally tried to hold back a bit, and keep composed. She was anything but composed right now. She kept trying to stop smiling and found she couldn't, so before he could start doubting her current mental state, as she had the dopiest beaming grin on her face, she kissed him quite energetically. Normally, she wasn't the one to kiss first. Marina didn't consider herself a very touchy-feely person to begin with- but this was different. She just wanted to show him how extraordinarily happy she was, and how grateful she was to have him, and also because he tasted very good... She had both hands braced on his chest at first, but soon they were trailing all over and she sort of stopped thinking about breathing for right then, and just smiled against his lips.

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...
The lower you go...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:31 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'That's definitely happy sound, right?' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳

spaceDamien didn't bother trying to read the letter she held before them; he didn't have to. The look on her face was answer enough. In truth, he'd been fairly certain before she'd tried to show it to him. After all, she'd been waiting for what seemed like ages, growing more and more nervous with each day that passed with no letter arriving. He was glad it'd finally shown up; he thought she might've started tearing her hair out any day now. He pressed a kiss to her temple as she chattered on about it, lips curved in a smile against her head. When she turned and hugged him, he pulled her closer, unable to stop himself from looking proud. "I told you they would, love. They'd have to be crazy not to want you working for them," he told her, figuring she'd chaff at the flattery, but knowing it was true. After all, she was only eighteen and she'd already survived so much... not that he liked thinking of that, but the fact that she, at what, thirteen? had managed to fight and make it through... whatever it was that'd happened (it'd been so long ago, and he'd never really known the details anyway, after all), spoke volumes of her abilities, and she'd only gotten stronger and better as the years had progressed. Her grades were spectacular (better than his, as his father liked to tease him, given that apparently he was supposed to be the smart one), and more than anything, she'd wanted this. More than anyone he'd ever known, she'd wanted this, and she'd worked her arse off for it. And yeah, he was proud. Wasn't that his job, after all?

spaceHe didn't think he'd ever seen her this excited, actually, he thought with some amusement. She was practically giddy... could give either of their Hufflepuff friends a run for their money at the moment, actually. He was fairly certain she was trying (and barely succeeding) not not bounce in his arms. It looked good on her; she'd been worried about things for so long that the smile was refreshing, no matter how silly and over-the-top it might look. When she pressed her lips to his, he could still feel that smile, pressed against his own. His hands, still at her waist, pulled her tight against him as he kissed her back. A little voice in his head told him that he was taking advantage of her over-enthused state, but he didn't particularly care to listen to it. She'd kissed him first, after all. And besides, it just felt so lovely... he thought, after a moment, that he might get drunk on her kisses. He did break it, though, when he heard a sound from the kitchen, a flush spreading across his cheeks at the reminder that they weren't here alone. His eyes flicked briefly to the bedroom door, then back to her. After a pause, he asked, "So... anything about your first day, when you go in or any of that?" he asked, trying to distract himself from how nice she felt in his arms, but unwilling to let her go just yet.

∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:13 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
EIGHTEEN, AUROR IN TRAINING

User Image
I'm taking you down with me: Overjoyed | Can't sleep, can't breathe: I did it! I can't believe- I did it! | You met your enemy: Damien | Won't get no peace with me: Home

Marina rolled her eyes a little while kissing him, a feat she was quite proud of, but doubted he noticed in that moment. He was being ridiculous- she was good, yeah, and she had a lot of accomplishments, but there were other people probably even better suited to the job. She'd only gotten an A on her Wandless Magic NEWT, and she still couldn't look at that grade without cringing as if she'd failed. Hopefully she'd never be disarmed, but that was more like wishful thinking. Being an Auror meant facing harsh realities, like the reality that she might be called into work one day and not come back.

But she couldn't think about that right now, not when she was in Damien's arms, practically drinking him in. She was pressed up against him; she felt like she could probably hear his heart beating if she listened, and then there was a sound from the kitchen, and they were separated again, though still very close. She smirked a little, because for once he was the one going red, though she knew if she was being sensible right now she should be going red to. That was quickly accomplished when she caught his gaze go to their nearby bedroom door for a moment.

She ducked her head, hair hiding her face for a second and waited for her breathing to return to normal and for her mind to settle before she looked back up at him to answer his question. "Next week," she replied, trying very hard not to sound breathless and giddy. "I start training then. It's supposedly very intense, so I'll be putting in long days for a while. Still-" she brightened. "It's far better than pacing around the flat like a loon.".

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...
The lower you go...

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out