Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:05 pm
Avast! There's Treasure To Be Had!
Soquili Name: Jökull
User Image
Relationship with the Herd: He prefers not to actually enter the Grail fearing his overlarge stature would wind up with him stuck and drowning, but he does occasionally visit outside of the Grail to see what the 'little scamps' are up to.
He definitely didn't get along with them at first but he's trying to be understanding that he's not the only pirate around. XD
Personality/History Blurb: Jökull comes from the icy waters to the north. He rarely speaks of his past for it is a heartbreak to him every time.
The story starts with his mother, a lovely full blooded Kelpie named Aanitsi who fell in love with an Angeni/Cerynei cross named Brynjolf. Now Bryn had come from an Angeni herd a ways south of the Kelpie herd as an ambassador to strike an arrangement that his father, the Alpha of his herd, thought would be beneficial to both herds.
In the end the bargain was struck and Bryn left to tell his father of two things that occurred. Firstly that the truce was firmly in place and secondly that he'd be leaving the herd to be with his true love Aanitsi.
Now in normal fatherly fashion Bryn's dad tried to talk him out of it but he'd have none of it. He left and mated to Aanitsi and she bore him two beautiful sons, twins, that were named Gunnar and Jökull.
The family was happy for a time but in all stories tragedy did strike, and it stuck hard.
Aanitsi fell ill to a horrible disease that was affecting many Kelpie in the area. Fin rot they called it. She couldn't swim properly anymore, and just soaked herself in the warmish waters flowing away from the hot springs. Bryn was inconsolable and chose to fly away from the herd to look for a cure. Something had to be done. He had to save her.
He found the cure after a long search and returned to find almost the entire herd had been decimated by this disease. Only one of his two sons and some stragglers were left. Bryn broke down and died shortly afterward from lovebird syndrome, aka he wasted away in front of his last living son, but he held on long enough for Jökull to become a teenager. Fully capable of taking care of himself, then Bryn was gone and Jökull was alone.
He became very cold from this, choosing to not trust anyone. He swam across the oceans, being as he was near flightless due to his Kelpie tail and made his home in an old beached shipwreck on the bay. To this day he resides there building his treasure horde and being a lonely bitter boy.
Teepee & Plot Thread: Teepee
Anything else? Nope!

Mahogany Sunset
Decided to quote because I am unsure if this thread is still active!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:18 am
Mahogany Sunset

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me!
Soquili Name: Vanilla
User Image
Native or Nonnative? Nonnative (she gets brought in by Iolite)
Corsair or Outskirts? Corsair, she'll definitely help to rake in treasure for herself and Iolite
Prowess: Novice
Personality/History Blurb: On the surface, Vanilla is sickeningly sweet. She's caring. She's whole-hearted. She's soft-spoken and gentle. But just below the skin she has a bit of an adventurous, wild side that is hard to tame. She loves taking risks and doing silly things, which ultimately led to her getting in a lot of trouble during some rough weather, as she found herself struggling in the stormy waters to get to the surface. However, Iolite came to her rescue, saving her life out of the blue.

Vanilla never expected to be swept off her hooves, but that was exactly what happened. She feel deeply in love with this quiet, gentle mare and now spends all her time with her in the pirate colony, assisting Iolite with her crafting and trying to encourage her more extroverted side.
Family: She and Iolite will be lovemates <3
Teepee & Plot Thread: Blam
Anything else? <3

Soquili Name: Cyllene
User Image
Relationship with the Herd: Cyllene has amassed a giant treasure horde herself over her lifetime, so were she to be part of the main herd she would definitely be up there in the ranks. However, she only became aware of them later on despite living close for so long - the benefits of having a very hidden home. She keeps a somewhat cautious distance from the main grail, not wanting to get super involved with so many other soquili, but has enough ties with the herd by this point that I think she could get accepted as at least a friend of the herd.
Personality/History Blurb: Read all about it here!
Anything else? <3

Soquili Name: Kealoha
User Image
Native or Nonnative? Non-native I think? She grew up aware of Cyllene and her life, and decided to come in and merge herself with the herd to keep an eye on her mother, but she was really quite young when doing so.
Corsair or Outskirts? Corsair
Prowess Novice for now, but she'll rise up 8D
Personality/History Blurb: (I need to work this out xD)
Family: Cyllene's daughter :3
Anything else? <3

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 pm
How did I forget to do this...geeze I'm terrible.

Soquili Name: Eira "Shimmer" Tiarnán
User Image
Relationship with the Herd: Born in
Personality/History Blurb: Youngest daughter of Keeva and Flurry, Shimmer has always been happy to help others and more than willing to follow in her parents wake.
Teepee & Plot Thread: Here
Anything else?

Soquili Name: Soairse Irving
User Image
Native or Nonnative? Born
Corsair or Outskirts? Treasure Hunter
Prowess: Probably Breadwinner at this point. She'd have been at it awhile with her dad.
Personality/History Blurb: Fiery tempered and ready to defend her family's stash, Soairse is not one to shy away from a fight if it comes down to it, not that it does being in protected waters, but a girl can dream. Fast and agile she's already to go treasure hunting and get her hooves dirty.
Family: Father: Blake Irving
Uncle: Leomaris
Teepee & Plot Thread: Above
Anything else? I'm a bad bad bad person.

Mahogany Sunset

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:15 pm
GOOD MORNING, CORAL REEF!

This is your captain speaking. I'm here to blow the dust off this thread and give it a good polishing. Too long we've been rusting, and it's time to bring some life back into this colorful joint. Today, I'm here to announce a few exciting things!

I'm currently working on a few new updates for the herd thread. First, an updated members list has been posted, though it's still a work in progress - we have a few friends of the herd still to add, along with some long-awaited foals to celebrate in a bit.

Next, on the updated members list, you'll see that we have two new matriarchs. Their pods are color-coded - if you would like to join one of their pods, please post here and I'll add a color tag to your member's name! To give you a little more info, the Windsor Pod is rather strictly controlled. It's generally going to be a place that is best for pure seathi only, though some directly descended grandchildren with other breed traits fare alright. Other bases (mer, kelpi, nixie) may join, but they will not be seen with much respect from the matriarch.

On the other hand, the Opal Pod welcomes and respects all possible members, including land-based traders and friends. Ilyrana welcomes all well-meaning members.

Interested in making your own pod? Team up with some other members and figure out who will be in the pod, who will speak for it, and what its name and color will be. I will post an application on the front page shortly.

Pods are generally made up of either family groups or gatherings of friends who want to represent themselves in discussions that affect the whole of the Grail. Pods are also smaller communities that can work together to bolster their own trade, or go on treasure hunts together. Alternatively, outskirts members can form a pod and have it recognized so their voices can be heard alongside the Corsairs'.

Lastly, if anyone has ideas for plots for the herd, or questions about it, please post! I look forward to bringing this place back to life. <3

Kyrieko
Novablu
Insane Butterfly
Revel1984
Calixita
Twitchapher the 3rd
Lady Argentum Draconis
Jackariah Beckett
-[The Spoof]-
Mameha Otome
XxXPandamoniumXxX
Phail Ninja
BelaLucina
Wasteland Wyvern

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:58 pm
Leucothea and Palaemon will join the Opal Pod! They also have new cert links:

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:06 pm
OKAY, the create-a-pod form is now up on the front page! I may work to reorganize some other stuff a little bit. I've also asked around a bit and we have quite a few new members. The list kind of exploded. xD

Calixita

Thanks for the update! I'll go add them!  

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Crew

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:36 pm
We ARRRR One Big Family!
What is the name of your pod? Patioa
What will be the color tag for your pod? Orange
Who will speak for your herd? Tonalli (Kitsune Mistress Nyoko)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Corsairs or Outskirts? Corsairs
Who else is in your pod? Akihiko (明彦) (Keantha) | Aphrodite (Keantha) | Dominique (Keantha) | Féve (one over three) | Flibbertigibbet Johnson (mindsend) | Hermes (Ririka) | Kanani-kai (Andranis) | Rechenka (Andranis) | Venus (Kitsune Mistress Nyoko) | Verallyx (ArashiX & I s r a l y n) | Víðbláinn (Phail Ninja)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Anything else? While the bulk of the pod are treasure hunters, Akihiko isn't! He's more of a live-in simp for Tonalli. He fancies himself a bit of a historian, as an "actual" occupation. They also have two Friends of the Herd in the form of Dominique and Kanani-Kai's parents - Creme de l'Angelique and Kaipo'kai.

Mahogany Sunset

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 10:07 pm
Approved!!! Welcome everybody!

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
We ARRRR One Big Family!
What is the name of your pod? Patioa
What will be the color tag for your pod? Orange
Who will speak for your herd? Tonalli (Kitsune Mistress Nyoko)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Corsairs or Outskirts? Corsairs
Who else is in your pod? Akihiko (明彦) (Keantha) | Aphrodite (Keantha) | Dominique (Keantha) | Féve (one over three) | Flibbertigibbet Johnson (mindsend) | Hermes (Ririka) | Kanani-kai (Andranis) | Rechenka (Andranis) | Venus (Kitsune Mistress Nyoko) | Verallyx (ArashiX & I s r a l y n) | Víðbláinn (Phail Ninja)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Anything else? While the bulk of the pod are treasure hunters, Akihiko isn't! He's more of a live-in simp for Tonalli. He fancies himself a bit of a historian, as an "actual" occupation. They also have two Friends of the Herd in the form of Dominique and Kanani-Kai's parents - Creme de l'Angelique and Kaipo'kai.

Mahogany Sunset

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items