Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
is this possible? a question?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GOD DIAMOND

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:40 pm
so i search latin and mexican under guilds and i swear if i did not know better it looks like lots of similar users or gang like style
backwards hats, bandannas, similar clothes, or is this just me not looking deep enough
i dont want to look like everyone else just to join a guild or is this just me? i dont represent something i am just latin ok mexican to be more exact but still i dont want to look like all the others

so here is my question? is there gangs or gang like people on gaia? or is this just not possible and basicly my imagination?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:21 pm
diamond fork
so i search latin and mexican under guilds and i swear if i did not know better it looks like lots of similar users or gang like style
backwards hats, bandannas, similar clothes, or is this just me not looking deep enough
i dont want to look like everyone else just to join a guild or is this just me? i dont represent something i am just latin ok mexican to be more exact but still i dont want to look like all the others

so here is my question? is there gangs or gang like people on gaia? or is this just not possible and basicly my imagination?

Hello and welcome! I've moved both your threads to the Chatterbox. emotion_bigheart
There are a handful of guilds that are dedicated to countries and cultures. Regarding your question about gangs: I can't know for sure, but it wouldn't be surprising if there was one. It's best to stay away from guilds that have gang affiliations - the same goes in real-life. Take care, and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:13 am
It could be that guild has a "dress/ avitar" theme or something similiar going on, but in all honesty I wouldn't risk it. Gaia is still the interwebz and if something feels shady or you feel uncomfortable, it is best to stay away. Far, far, far away. Don't even poke it with a stick. Better safe than sorry and all that jazz.

If you're looking to talk about hispanic/latin/mexican culture, there is the International forum- there are threads there where people even speak in Spanish.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:01 am
Madam Chai
It could be that guild has a "dress/ avitar" theme or something similiar going on, but in all honesty I wouldn't risk it. Gaia is still the interwebz and if something feels shady or you feel uncomfortable, it is best to stay away. Far, far, far away. Don't even poke it with a stick. Better safe than sorry and all that jazz.

If you're looking to talk about hispanic/latin/mexican culture, there is the International forum- there are threads there where people even speak in Spanish.

i am not sure how i would know if something feels shady, latins do have some strange stuff even coming from the culture, menuto soup comes to mind it seems strange and makes some people uncomfortable but its not a bad thing and how would i know if there was a dress code versus something wrong? many guilds i found say private or hidden and i cant post or pm users in there, i dont want to be paranoid about users on here or whats the point, i could probably start my own guild but somehow, honestly i dont know where to start or even what is needed so for now that idea is out plus i am probably too new as well
forums are fine but it would be nice to have a guild dedicated to my culture i could join  

GOD DIAMOND

GOD DIAMOND

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:04 am
Eternal Rebellion
diamond fork

Hello and welcome! I've moved both your threads to the Chatterbox. emotion_bigheart
There are a handful of guilds that are dedicated to countries and cultures. Regarding your question about gangs: I can't know for sure, but it wouldn't be surprising if there was one. It's best to stay away from guilds that have gang affiliations - the same goes in real-life. Take care, and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

gang affiliation would mean similar names and dress right? becasue that is what i am seeing in alot of the guilds i have found for the culture, i am guessing that it would be the only way to do it on a site like this? similar names and dress  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:27 pm
diamond fork

gang affiliation would mean similar names and dress right? becasue that is what i am seeing in alot of the guilds i have found for the culture, i am guessing that it would be the only way to do it on a site like this? similar names and dress

Yes, but it also depends on what the names and clothing represent. If a cultural group chooses to identify themselves by wearing their flag's colors, symbols, etc., that's acceptable. But if you see a group that uses symbols that might be offensive or discriminatory to others (swastikas, pentagrams), it's best to stay clear of them. I hope this clarified it for you. emotion_yatta  

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items