Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
Richard Drage (Potioneer)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:29 am
User Image
                            User Image

Richard Drage's Office
                            Potioneer
                            Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM

════════════════════════

This is the office of Richard Drage, a recent graduate from Hogwarts. The office space is well kept and orderly, with a desk alongside the door near the entrance. The desk is covered by old notes from school as well as new ones from various books and such found in the Steele family library. A bookcase full of some of these books, as well as others that Rick has collected over the years, sits in the corner of the room near the desk. The desk has two chairs, one before and one behind the desk for Rick and a client to be seated at. Beyond the desk, several shelves can be seen as you enter Rick's work area. A counter with a sink sits against one wall, with the shelves above. Various ingredients can be seen in the shelves, from unicorn hair and acromantula venom to helleborne and essence of wormwood. A small cupboard sits in the corner, for some ingredients that need to be kept in the dark to preserve them. A table sits in the middle of the area, waist-height to allow Rick an area to prepare and brew his potions. Cauldrons and a burner are set here, as well as instruments for cutting, measuring, and preparing ingredients for the potions. A small window with drapes happen to let in light on the far wall, giving the room a pleasant feel.

A note is seen on the wall above the desk, easily readable when entering, and shifts to the door when Rick is not in the office along with a chalkboard and chalk:

Richard Drage
                            I am sorry if I am unavailable at the moment. However, if you need my immediate assistance, please write your message on the board and tap it with your wand. I will get it and get back to you as soon as possible. If you are unable to wait, please contact one of my associates in other offices.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:53 am
Projects
════════════════════════
        Current Projects:
              None at the moment.

Future Projects:
              None at the moment.

Clients
════════════════════════
        Current Clients:
              None at the moment.

Future Clients:
              None at the moment.

Services Offered
════════════════════════
        Potions
              Aging Potion
              Anti-Paralysis Potion
              Antidotes to Common and Uncommon Potions
              Beautification Potion
              Blood-Replenishing Potion
              Burn-Healing Paste
              Calming Draught
              Cure for Boils
              Deflating Draught
              Draught of Peace
              Dreamless Sleep Potion
              Elixer to Induce Euphoria
              Essence of Dittany
              Hiccoughing Solution
              Invigoration Draught
              Memory Potion
              Murtlap Essence
              Pepperup Potion
              Replenishing Potion
              Restoration Potion
              Sleeping Draught
              Wide-Eye Potion
              Wiggenweld Potion
              Wit-Sharpening Potion
              Wolfsbane Potion

Other Services
              Consultations by Appointment
              Commissions (must be requested during office hours)
              Tutoring during summer months

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:56 am
User Image
Lutheil Marcellus- 23 years of age - - ۩
Ravenclaw Alumni / Relic Hunter for the Spiny Serpent / Just came from: Here / Wearing: Her ninja outfit

All my life I've been over the top
I don't know what I'm doing all I know is I don't wanna stop

A finger under two layers of laytex tapped at the window from outside, testing to see how thick the glass was, and if there were any charms that could keep her from entering. Excellent, just a simple locking spell, a word and a twist of her wand and she'd be in.

Lutheil Marcellus was currently kneeling right outside the window on a raggedy "Welcome" mat. Yes, technically it was a flying carpet (and as such, illegal) but it was so handy to have magical transportation directly in front of your door! It may only seat a single person, but it's handiness could not be denied. Brooms were expensive, and you looked weird carrying around a Nimbus, or Cleansweep in downtown muggle London. However, you can roll up a welcome mat easily, and then stuff it into a magically extended interior of a bag. It just made sense to her, and the welcome mat was neatly applicable to Weasley's loophole, a bit of legislation Lutheil was quite fond of. It stated, that as long as you don't intend to use the magically enchanted muggle artifact, then you can posses it! Of course, she did intend to use it... But they had yet to find her doing so.

Lutheil jabbed her wand forward and whispered the unlocking spell. And smiled as she heard an auditory "click" as the lock released itself. She went to jimmy it open, putting her shoulder into the puling. It barely budged, obviously someone wasn't in the habit of opening his window on a fine summer's day! A quick charm fixed that though, it slid open as smooth as a whistle, although it creaked a bit. Lutheil slid off her mat and into the office. There was a table with all sorts of interesting things on it, but rather than let herself be distracted by the curious little bottles, and slightly aged looking ingredients, she moved over to the potions cabinet. From one of her many magically expanded pockets, she drew out a scraggly piece of lined note-book paper from a spiral-bound notebook. It bore the specifics of what she was looking for, something that caused ovulation, possibly an aphrodisiac as well. Why not parchment? One of the muggle borns in her house had introduced them to her as a handy way to keep her notes together.

Lutheil agreed with them once she got over how cool it was that muggles bound their note books with metal (Binders blew her mind when she discovered those). Lutheil had been a huge fan of muggle technology ever since, going as far as purchasing a laptop computer and Mp3 player and figuring out how to operate them.Said Mp3 player found itself turned on and hooked into a pair of earbuds as Lutheil stretched, cracking her shoulders. All she had to go on to find this potion for her boss was that it postivley affected fertility rates in females. Why he wanted this, she had a fair idea, wizards and witches were notoriously slow when it came to reproducing (particularly for purebloods). It was kinda strange though, Lutheil was about 150% certain that she had heard that Mista Remington had at least two children already, probably more.

Music blasted through her earbuds as she carefully picked up and examined every single bloody potion bottle's label to see if it was the one, her toe tapping to the sound of a romantically apocalyptic song. She wasn't worried about being interrupted, she had personally watched the last janitor leave for the night before she whipped out her welcome mat. It was just her and her music here.

Dozens of potion bottles labeled in Richard Darge's handwriting later, finally, finally she came across what might have been the potion. There wasn't much of it, just about one or two fluid ounces in a simple glass bottle, tightly corked. "Keep in cool, dark spot" was the only direction on the label. Well that made her job a bit easier. Lutheil tucked the bottle into her jacket, then set about getting all the locking spells back to where they were on the cabinet.

Now for the notes, no Mista Remington didn't have to have her steal a potion neatly from an office, he wanted a copy of the notes too. And this was the part that worried Lutheil, a potionieer could always whip up another batch, but some were fiercely protective of their intellectual property. Lutheil tread lightly as she neared the filing cabinet, expecting the worse, and nothing happening. She sighed and relaxed, Richard Darge clearly wasn't on the paranoid side yet. More of the same locking charms, hadn't anyone told the guy that using the same spell over and over made it easier for break ins to occur? Apparently not, because right now, this job had been a breeze security wise.

There was a file folder that looked particularly promising, but when Lutheil went to pluck it out to make a copy of it, she found that it was suddenly lost in a sea of other files the moment she brushed her fingers against it. Frowning, she experimentally poked one of the new files with the point of her wand. Papers promptly erupted like an ink-and-parchment volcano from the open drawer. Seeing the pattern in things, and knowing that it would not end well as more and more papers multiplied at her feet, she shortly spoke the counter spell. For a moment she paused, waiting for the resulting of pages to be over with. Lutheil scratched her head at the sight of the office now completely covered in notes on a potion which could apparently cause you to exhale rainbows if improperly consumed. Determined to get the job done, Lutheil snatched the notes from the filing cabinet and stuffed it into her bag.

That done, a gleam of mischief sparked to life behind her Hazel eyes. A sweep of her wand, and those pesky pieces of extra paper were turned into lace-like formations of a circular variety. AKA paper snowflakes. They flowed around the room, before Lutheil set up a spell so they would continuously cycle to give the appearance that it was snowing in the office.

Luteil's eyes went wide with the end result, it was a suprisngly lovely sight, delicate paper snowfles drifting down from the celing, covering everything in faux winter. She couldn't hold it back any more, Lutheil burst into song.

"Snow glows white on a mountain night, not a footprint to be seen~"

Lutheil happily frolicked through the paper snow while belting out "Let it go" the moment sweeping her up. No one said she couldn't have a touch of fun while on the job right? But the song ended, and she knew she had to clean up after herself. She sat on the open window sill, flicking her wand until all but one of the "snowflakes" was gone. A single one rested now on Richard's desk, the only physical sign she had been her, a copy of his notes sat in his filing cabinet, a bottle filled with a harmless liquid in place of the potion, the label perfectly copied. Lutheil scooted back onto her mat, closed the window, re-locked it, then urged her mat to go as high as it could, before disapparating as close to The Spiny Serpent as she could.

[[Exit to Spiny Serpent]]

All fired up, I'm gonna go 'til I drop
You're either in or in the way, don't make me,
'cause I don't wanna stop.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:36 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ||Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick sighed, cleaning up and checking on the potions he had brewing that required time. Thankfully none of them were going to burn overnight, not when he had checked them multiple times when he had lowered the temperature on them. He was about to leave for the evening, his thoughts elsewhere as he had heard about the incident that had occurred in Hogsmeade. In a way, he was glad that he hadn't been there. He'd been recovering enough that something like that probably wouldn't cause him to have a case of PTSD from witnessing it, but he would rather not chance it. It was bad enough that he had heard that his mum had been involved, and considering his own past history with the woman, he would rather not have a relapse. That might make him a coward, but a sane coward. Much better than what he had heard happened to others that had encountered her and survived. He only knew of two, and those two were the Ross twins. Jaslyn from what Jacob had told him refused to have anything to do with her and ran. He knew exactly what had happened to Virgil, he didn't need any reminders of it.

The animagus sighed and ran a hand through his hair before he finished wiping down his worktable. His head did lift a bit as he heard someone enter his office. Rick frowned, turning around to address the latecomer. "I'm sorry, the office is closed. If there's any..thing...." His voice faltered as he took one good look at the man before him. Virgil hadn't changed that much since they had separated after his abduction. His hair really hadn't changed, his form still lean and tall, and he still looked haunted. He bit his lip. Hadn't the two of them gotten him past that dark time? As far as he could tell, Virgil had been happy being away, and had even been moving on with his life. What caused the sudden backpedal?

Before he could fully think on the happenings of one Virgil Ross, the younger man moved forward, and Rick suddenly felt trapped between Virgil and the table he had just been cleaning. He opened his mouth to say something, when Virgil's mouth crashed into his and Rick was forcibly reminded of the time Virgil had met him in the dungeons of Hogwarts. This wasn't the same person, however, as when Virgil separated from him, he lay his head on Rick's shoulder and took a shuddering breath. Rick frowned at this behaviour, and hesitantly rose a hand to nudge Virgil back. "Sorry, I shouldn't have done that. ********, I shouldn't even be here, should I?"

"Depends. You're not crazy again, which is a good thing. At least you don't look crazy, just... terrified? What happened?" Rick settled back, his arms crossing as he frowned at the brunette. He had so many reasons to distrust Virgil, as many as he had to distrust his own mum, but he couldn't exactly blame Virgil, not when he wasn't in his right mind. Granted, he should have told the aurors, his brother, hell, his father, but something prevented him from doing so. He'd been lucky enough that his brother and father had accepted for the most part his explanation that he had needed some time to himself to think, and had to get away from everything to do that. He was especially glad that Eretria hadn't just obliviated him. That would have caused all sorts of questions that needed answering, and Rick wasn't sure he wanted to answer them. Doctor-patient confidentiality, even when he wasn't a licensed physician.

Virgil gave a snort. "I'm that obvious, huh? I shouldn't be surprised. We're probably the only ones that understand just how ******** up the both of us really are." He paused, gathering his thoughts before he spoke again. "Your... mum happened. Last year. I was fine, and she just accosted me in an alley. Wanted me to rejoin her. I refused, and ever since, I've been having issues. The ******** voice won't shut up. When I thought about..." He trailed off, and Rick swallowed. Merlin, Virgil wasn't going to say what he thought he was, was he? He wasn't going to say something about being his stabling influence? Rick honestly didn't know exactly how he was, considering all he did was talk to him.

Rick decided to clear his throat, thinking that Virgil must be closer to that edge than he was letting on. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to gather his thoughts. It was hard, since apparently Virgil wasn't exactly altogether stable and Rick could tell. "Okay, so mum totally decided to ambush you and try and talk you into rejoining her. I'm assuming you're telling the truth, because you're not stunning me and dragging me off to see her. Anything I might be missing here?"

Virgil snorted and looked offended. "There's no reason in all of the nine hells that I would go back to her. She would just break me again, and I don't think that I'd survive another. I just... I don't know. Maybe I've finally cracked. I thought I was doing well, and then she reappears. No offence, but I officially hate your mum."

Rick shrugged. He had never met anyone that was partial to his mother, and considering what she had done, he couldn't blame them. He thought for a moment, then grabbed Vigil's arm. He had just thought about something that Virgil needed to do, and he was damned if Virgil was going to say no. He was teetering on the brink of another breakdown, and while Rick might not be cured like he had wanted to be in the beginning, he had better coping mechanisms than Virgil did. Which meant that he had a trip with the brunette to take. "Come on, you're coming with me. No, you don't get a say in this. I don't care how much you swear at me or whatever, but if you came to me for help, you're going to get it. On my terms this time though. No kidnappings, understand?" Not even giving Virgil a chance to say no, he twisted in place, apparating away.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: Bloody hell, again?
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff