Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Ballroom

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The ballroom is open for dancing. A band is in attendance playing for couples to dance. There are seats along the wall for those to sit at to rest their feet, and relax for a time, or to observe those that are dancing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:28 pm
User Image

Song | Outfit

Jane walked into the gala, holding tightly to Darcy's hand. She wore a smile that seemed impossible to lose. In barely two weeks she would be getting married and what better way to celebrate that than a ball, a charity one of course. Jane had made several large donations to St. Mungo's in the past and this provided her with yet another opportunity. Not too mention there was something about balls that made Jane relax. She had practically grown up at them, following around her socialite family. This was where her well hidden social butterfly seemed to emerge and she couldn't be happier. Jane entered the ballroom and looked around the place slowly, she could already tell this would be a good night. "Care for a dance my dearest?" She asked with a wink. "It'd be a good chance to get in practice before the wedding." She added, as if telling a secret. She grabbed both of his hands and lead him to the middle of the room glad she had left her cloak in the other room.

User ImageXXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:31 am
Edwin Ryans and Casey (Acacia Persephone) Ryans

Wand: 12 1/2 inches, Eucalyptus, with Phoenix Feather, Knobby---Mediwizard---Former Gryffindor---Halfblood---Fluent in: English, Spanish, and Guarani
Wearing: Formal Wear

Wand: 11 3/4 inches, Cedar, with Peacock Feather, Spiral Shaft---Owner of Flourish and Blotts---Former Slytherin---Pureblood Disowned---Fluent in: English, Spanish, and Guarani
Wearing: Red and Traditional Jewlery

Edwin Ryans and his wife Casey Ryans were having a quick discussion in Guarani. After living in Paraguay for approximately eight years, it was only natural, they learned the two first languages of the country-Edwin for his job as a mediwizard and Casey as a stay at home mother raising their son. Though, in the case of Casey it was hard to say she was exactly 'stay at home' since she and their son would often make day trips to different places in the country while Edwin was at work. She said it kept their son Seymour at least half paying attention to his lessons. Right now they were arguing about the attendance of the gala itself. It wasn't that Casey didn't support the cause-he was a mediwizard working at St. Mungo's after all- she just didn't (quite reasonably) want to run into certain members of her former family-the main branch the Averys or the secondary branch she belonged to, the Chaisty Family. It wouldn't be surprising to at least see the heads of the Avery family here.

"Sinclair said we should come," Edwin answered with a shrug, before kissing her cheek and saying, "And you look ravishing as always, darling."

"Sinclair said we should come..." She sighed repeating what he said, "That doesn't exactly make me feel better. He's always up to something. And even if he isn't here, 'la sorcière méchante de Tinworth' will probably be here," She added in a hiss the 'he' being her father who had threatened to kill both her and Edwin if he ever saw them again and 'whatever unworthy creatures they may spawn' and the wicked witch of Tinworth as she put it, was her aunt who had married the current head of the Avery family.

"Es demasiado público para que hagan cualquier cosa aquí. No se preocupe," He added in Spanish with a shrug and added with a small smile, "Even if 'la sorcière méchante de Tinworth' or the actual head of the family showed up himself."

Translation Note:
1. The wicked witch of Tinworth
2. It is too public to do anything here. Don't worry.
3. The wicked witch of Tinworth

___Dr. Sinclair Alfred-Jon League___
Cambridge University Graduate
Squib
Muggle Plastic Surgeon
Married to Cara Jane League (formerly Avery)

As Edwin said his last words someone approached and said with slight amusement, "What is it about my in-laws you are saying, now?" Casey turned to see Dr. Sinclair League who they were talking about earlier being the one who said they should come. He looked about as irritated as he ever did at any magical event and he was holding a half drunk glass of wine. Yet, he still managed to look polished in a suit, Casey was fairly sure was Armani. He may never have made a name for himself in the wizarding world-and it would be hard to do so as a squib-beyond being married to the Head of the Obliviator Office and rumored to be one of the reasons she was able to gain the ranks so easily because she lived outside of work and wizarding events a generally muggle life, but he had made a name for himself in the muggle world and apparently it was paying as good if not better than ever.

"Besides the usual, nothing new," Casey answered. "Seriously, why did you want us to come so badly, anyways? I don't completely buy the whole 'Seymour is starting at Hogwarts next year and a public appearance from his parents is bound to dispel some negative rumors and it will be good for business'. And where is Cara?"

"With her parents at the moment," He answered. "I managed to escape. On the bright side, none of her siblings are here. Besides, Mrs. Ryans both of my reasons are true."

"What of the branch family?" Edwin asked, far more polite than his wife. It wasn't that he did particular trust Sinclair not to do something underhanded to benefit himself, he just trusted the man wouldn't do anything underhanded that would cause major harm to others. Besides, he was the one who gave the extra money on loan for them to buy Flourish and Blotts.

"Jane's brother has been placed unofficially on house arrest by the head considering the incident with one child being placed in Azkaban and the other having to be disowned," He answered, looking down at his glass. "I'm sure you heard about the Azkaban placement, right?"

"I heard," Casey answered of her brother's actions, before changing the subject. "Both of your children are in Hogwarts, now? The eldest, David, is a Ravenclaw, yes?"

"Correct. It was where he wanted," Sinclair answered. "Besides it isn't like he got sorted into a particularly horrific house by my or my wife's family's standards."

"And your daughter-which I'm not even going to get into about you and Cara not mentioning to us?" Casey said politely.

"Oh, she is both sides' first Hufflepuff," Sinclair answered, "which went over about as well as you would think, especially considering Cara and I failed to mention her to anyone in the wizarding world. In the end though 'at least she didn't get sorted into Gryffindor' was what my father-in-law so kindly put. No offense, Edwin, of course."

"None taken: I'm well aware of their feelings," Edwin answered.

Sinclair finished his glass of wine, gave a small nod and continued, "Unfortunately, the Hufflepuff issue will be overlooked fairly easily when it comes to my in-laws especially. Proper decorum is universal, be it the wizarding world or muggle, and Cathy already speaks fairly fluently three other languages... she already has the makings of a debutante."

"I doubt they would force the subject of an arranged marriage. I mean as long as she doesn't pull a stunt like I did they have no real reason to protest," Casey said. "They are common enough, but those who do have an arranged marriage always chooses to do so in the family. Besides the worst they would do is disown her. Cara has always been the favorite of the family, it's a universal fact, which is probably the only reason they put up with you and the many stunts you pull. And three other languages, you said? Impressive, by this age. And judging by David's purchases he goes through books quite fast. Now, if I could only get Seymour to take studying a little more seriously." She ended with a shake of her head.

"Cara never studied much and she turned out fine," Sinclair answered. "Speaking of my wife, I should go rescue her from her parents or at least take whatever blame they want to place on me, personally. Try to have a good time," He added as he left.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:13 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Darcy whistled lowly at the elegance surrounding them and nervously fiddling with his tie while his other hand held tightly to Jane's. When he had gotten the notice of the ball being held by law enforcement to raise money he had thought to just send a donation but decline going to the event because of how uncomfortable he would probably be (this coming from the man who was getting married in less than two weeks!) but seeing his fiance's exuberant face and squeals of joy he hadn't had the heart to say no. And he was glad he didn't, especially if he got to see her dressed so resplendently looking like a proper Duchess and he her lowly footman. But the way she smiled at him didn't make him feel lowly at all. At the casual request and wink he grinned and brought her hand to his lips for a soft kiss to her knuckles. "It would seem then that I am not in the position to decline." he responded with a chuckle allowing himself to be led out to the middle of the room. His aunt had attempted teaching him basic dances and waltzes so he didn't completely embarrass himself and he found that if he concentrated hard enough he didn't trip as much. But the moment his eyes found Jane's he was lost as they began to slowly twirl around the ballroom. That was until he stumbled a bit and managed to bring her body closer to his making him flush in embarrassment. "Seems you were right about the practice." Darcy joked while his face was still pink.  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:10 pm
User Image
                                                      I have no way and therefore want no eyes
                                                      I stumbled when I saw. Full oft 'tis seen
                                                      our means secure us, and our mere defects
                                                      prove our commodities.

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Dᴇᴘᴀʀᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ Lᴀᴡ Eɴғᴏʀᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ Hᴇᴀᴅ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Garret stood off to the side, watching the ballroom quietly. It had been a long time since he had been to a social event, and considering that he was pretty out of practice, well... He tucked his hands into his pockets, glad that he knew one person wouldn't be in attendance. Then again, his son had entered the event without even a glance his way. That thought caused the man to frown. Rick had every right to be angry, hell, his entire family did. Pushing that depressing thought aside, he at least managed to smile at people that entered and greeted them cordially. After all, he was the one that organized this entire thing.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Well, I hope someone enjoys their evening at least.
                                                      OOC:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:49 am
User Image

Song | Outfit

Jane could tell Darcy was a bit uncomfortable but it just made her giggle. She doubted that he was the only one who felt as such but if he were to become a part of the illustrious Decoursey family he had to practice right? Jane practically laughed at the thought...no that certainly would not be happening. She intended to avoid the extended family like the plague. It scared her enough that they would all be coming to the wedding. Oh, she would have to deal with her grandmother. That would be an interesting experience. Maybe they would just have to have two separate weddings, one for the crazy muggle family members and one for those she could actually be around comfortably. Though that would be far too much effort. Planning one wedding was hard enough. Jane simply wanted to be married and headed for the honeymoon. It was about time to throw her old-fashioned lifestyle away. The thought of that made her grin happily to herself.

"No, I believe you aren't." She told her fiance with a wink. She grabbed one of his hands and put her other on his shoulder. She suddenly found herself even closer to his body as he stumbled. She giggled slightly. "You're doing fine. I think you're naturally gifted." She said, scrunching her nose with a smile. "It's simple. Just move your feet in the shape of a box and let the music take you." The thought of them moving together in a dance, the first as husband and wife. Her in the wonderful white dress and him...beautiful. She could barely wait. It was so soon, so that she couldn't believe. She sighed to herself. "I do hope you pick this up so that we can move onto the tango." She said jokingly, her whole face lighting up at the thought.

User ImageXXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:48 pm
User Image

G A R R E T T and C O R A

"When was the las' time we danced?" Garrett joked to his wife, though they both knew the answer as she eagerly led him by the hand, almost like a child, through the throng of dancers, some swaying slowly, others twirling in a blur of skirts and the rhythmic click of heels.

Cora pretended to bite her lip in thought, glancing back at him, an almost excited look in her usually serene murky green eyes. "Danced properly? Our wedding night. Remember the song?" She hummed a little under her breath, and he grinned as he caught the faint tune of it.

Still, he couldn't resist. "Sweet Caroline?" he taunted, suddenly matching steps with her as they found an open space on the floor.

"Gare!" she hissed indignantly, but her voice was high and playful. "That was afterwards, and you danced with my sister to that." Usually when she thought about Bellamy she went quiet, but she was determined to remember the good for once. Not all her memories were shadowed over by her sister's husband's presence. They weren't all ugly.

"Yeah, an' you danced with your da to it," he continued, snickering like a teenage boy, and then sobered a little. " 'Course I remember, I'm just kiddin' wi' you. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing. And then," (now he was just showing off his memory a little), "Then later they played Beautiful Day, an' you started cryin'."

She swiveled in her high heels to face him, easily the exact same height as him in them, being tall to begin with. His arms easily found their way around her waist, which Cora was always proud of for being still slim, even though she was in her forties now. Still, forties wasn't very old at all for wizards and witches. They often lived long into old age, after all.

Cora bumped her nose against his, smiling when he flinched in surprise, even though she must have done it millions of times over the years. "I seem to remember you being the one getting teary-eyed, Mr. Sentimental," she countered softly. Hey. He'd cried when she finally said yes to marrying him, though he'd insisted he just had "some dust in his eye". Of the two of them, she was generally the more stone-hearted, professional one.

Garrett shrugged and ducked his head a little, throwing his brown hair into disarray, which he knew would make his wife's inner perfectionist shriek in horror at it not being perfectly combed. "Details," he muttered and kissed her for a long time, which was a very nice change after having anything more than a peck on the lips mocked loudly by their children.

When they both pulled back a little, they just looked at each other for a few moments, before Cora laced her fingers up with his, matching hands palm to palm. "Come on." She smiled brightly at him, and for a second it was easy to see where Jessamine Walsh got her energetic grin, before both were moving in dance, which was too fast for a waltz and seemed made up in the spur of the moment but somehow worked out.

M R . and M R S . W A L S H

User Image

Event Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces