Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Dining Area Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The dining area is set just off of the ballroom to the right. Tables are set up for those that wish to have a seat and eat, or a buffet table for those that wish to move about and socialize.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:30 pm
William Dante Nott the Second

Head Hit Wizard of Ministry of Magic
Order of Merlin, First Class
Duke of Wales

User Image

William Nott the Second breathed a small sigh of relief. The gala had been considerably more troublesome than he had expected, though, to be fair, he'd usually left such details to those more properly inclined. But he was the Head Hit Wizard, and it would be unseemly for him to do anything else than his fair share of the workload. Idly, he wondered if the Head Auror and his family would make an appearance. He would understand entirely if he did not—Will surely wouldn't have shown up. He straightened his light auburn hair and adjusted his dress robes anxiously; perhaps he should make another round and reinforce the protective charms? Golden eyes flickered left then right. His patrolmen guarded the building, he was confident in them. Will needed to ease his nerves and he swiped up a pastry and popped it in his mouth; it was still warm, it melted on his tongue.

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Gala Dining Room
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:37 pm
                  User Image

𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕋𝔼𝕄ℙ𝔼𝕊𝕋 𝔽𝔸𝕄𝕀𝕃𝕐xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  𝔼𝕕𝕘𝕒𝕣 // 𝕃𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕖 // ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕕𝕠𝕣𝕒
                  CURRENTLY // married to Lenore Tempestspace
                  CURRENTLY // Looking Imposing at the Charity Ballspaces
                  CURRENTLY WITH // Lenore, Callidoraspacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What is even the point of this?' spacespac

CURRENTLY // married to Edgar Tempestspace
                  CURRENTLY // Looking Elegant at the Charity Ballspaces
                  CURRENTLY WITH // Edgar, Callidoraspacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Strictspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Let's see if the harlot can at least pretend to have some class.' spacespac

CURRENTLY // singlespace
                  CURRENTLY // Looking Haughty at the Charity Ballspaces
                  CURRENTLY WITH // Edgar, Lenorespacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Boredspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I have so many better things I could be doing...' spacespac

════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEdgar and Lenore sat at a table in the Dining Area, the pair surveying the current attendees to this affair down their noses, their disdain only lightly covered by the expression of detached interest the pair had perfected years ago. Meanwhile, their 'daughter' Callidora sat, two chairs between her and the pair, fingers tapping on the tabletop, eyes narrowed. She had no desire to be here; she continued to tell herself she had a thousand other things she could be doing, countless other places she could be, but really, there was only one place she could be and one thing she could be doing... she managed to suppress the urge to sigh. It was doubtful, if not impossible, that Remington would manage to attend. She didn't know much of what had happened with him and his family, but enough to know he was unlikely to be welcome here tonight, what with his brother being one of the men hosting the event. Pity; his presence would surely liven up what was certain to be an incredibly dull affair.

spaceLenore's eyes narrowed as she looked at Callidora. This was the whole reason they'd come, really. Edgar wasn't inclined to attend social events, regardless of how much she might enjoy doing so (if for no other reason than the gossip). But, now that they'd been forced to name the woman as their heir, she needed to start behaving like one. That meant making a show at these sorts of things, making her presence known... in a tasteful manner, unlike the way she'd made herself known prior to this occasion. Lenore didn't know how many men she'd had between her sheets, but it was far too many. "Callidora, stop tapping your fingers. It's not dignified," she hissed, expression offering no argument. Still, Callidora replied to the harpy's demand with a roll of her eyes, straightening her spine and folding her hands over the table, arching an eyebrow expectantly. "My apologizes, Mother," she sneered, her very posture exaggerated in an attempt to show her displeasure. Lenore shot the insolent child a glare and then turned back to Edgar. "Now do you see why this is necessary?" she asked, voice too low for Callidora to hear. He responded with a light shake of his head. "Not in the least bit, Lenore. She'll do nothing but embarrass the name we so kindly gave her... she was supposed to be noble, but I've never seen a hint of evidence of it. Then again, some do think money makes you noble..." he replied, the contempt in his voice obvious. Lenore sighed; it was a point of contention between the pair. Edgar seemed disinclined to even attempt to force the woman to be anything more than she was. He was happy to leave her locked in the estate. His name would die regardless, he said. What was the point? She, however, wasn't so eager to surrender. She'd suffered years of marriage to him for the honor of his name and the prize of his wealth. To leave it to such a person upon their deaths disgusted her... she'd have to ensure that the woman didn't discredit them with her actions. This was only the first step. Lenore had done it for years, taught children to behave like proper heirs. How much harder could it be to enforce the same lessons on Callidora? She wasn't any smarter than those children, after all.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:21 pm
User Image
                                              Lately he's feeling like a broken promise
                                              In the mirror staring down his doubt
                                              There's only one thing in this world that he knows
                                              He said forever and he'll never let her down

User Image

════════════════════════

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Dᴡᴀʀғ || Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ Gᴏᴠᴇʀɴᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Deveron sat quietly, watching the room as he sipped at a mixed drink. He wouldn't be here, if it weren't for the fact that he was quite certain that it was expected on him to be. Oh well, it wasn't like he had anything else to do, really. After all, he was young, and well, some would call him an idiot. Youngish, really. He twirled the drink in his hand, looking rather bored. He wouldn't go dance, if for no other reason than he would get crushed in an instant due to everyone being taller than he was. At least that's what he told himself. He would feel rather awkward dancing alone. Placing his chin in his hand, he tried his best not to look too bored as he watched the events of the evening.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, I hope something happens tonight.
                                              OOC:

I don't wanna be another wave in the ocean
                                              I am a rock not just another grain of sand
                                              I wanna be the one you run to when you need a shoulder
                                              I ain't a soldier but I'm here to take a stand

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:18 am
                  User Image

𝕎𝔼𝕊𝕃𝔼𝕐 𝔼𝔻𝔾𝔼𝕎𝕆ℝ𝕋ℍ 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕊𝕀𝕆𝔹ℍ𝔸ℕ 𝕃𝕆𝕎𝔼ℝ𝕐xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  CURRENTLY // seeing Siobhan Loweryspace
                  CURRENTLY // Looking Debonair at the Charity Ballspace
                  CURRENTLY WITH // Siobhanspacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Might as well take care of this first...' spacespac

CURRENTLY // seeing Wesley Edgeworthspace
                  CURRENTLY // Looking Alluring at the Charity Ballspaces
                  CURRENTLY WITH // Wesleyspacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, he looks so handsome tonight...' spacespac

spaceTickets in hand, Wesley and Siobhan stepped away from the table to get out of the way. The former Slytherin glanced at his date with a faint smile. "So, would you care to dance, or do you need to eat first?" he asked. He wasn't quite sure when she'd eaten last, after all. She might've just had something... or she could be starved. He watched her expression grow thoughtful, distracted for a moment by how very lovely she looked, when she inclined her head to the dining area. "I'd rather fancy a bite firs', if you don' mind," she replied, and he offered a small smile and lead her to the tables. They seemed rather like they were set up for groups... he spotted a familiar face and headed towards the table, arching a brow at his fellow Board member. "Good evening, Deveron. Mind if we join you? Or would we be intruding?" he asked, figuring that he might as well make an effort to socialize, and being far more inclined to do so with someone he worked with than someone he might know only in passing. Not that he knew Deveron overly well, but they did work together, after all, which was more than he could say for his relationship with anyone else he'd seen since arriving. Most of them seemed to be employees of the Department of Magical Law enforcement, which made sense considering they were hosting the event. But, he didn't know any of them very well, after all. He and Deveron were technically employees of the department, too, but the Board of Governors was rather separate from the rest of the department, being more concerned with Hogwarts than anything else. He glanced at Siobhan with a faint smile. "Siobhan, this is Deveron Whitethorne. We work together," he told her, and then, to Deveron, "My date, Siobhan Lowery." Siobhan responded with a small inclination of her head and a smile. "Pleasure to meet you, Deveron," she said. At first, when Wesley had approached the man, she'd been thrown off ever so slightly, but had recovered quickly, hopefully before he could notice. She'd hate to be rude, after all.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:55 pm
Sophie Taylor Dechering
22, American, Cashier at the Magic Neep
Werewolf with No Pack Affliliation
Salem Graduate: Former Coyote Dorm Member
Wearing: Brown and Black

Professor Christina Anna Dechering "Chrissy"
      24, American, Healing Professor at Hogwarts
        Metamorphagus
          Salem Graduate: Former Chameleon Dorm Member
            Wearing: Yellow with Brunette Hair

User Image
            The Dechering Sisters

Sophie knew she needed to get out more, though thankfully her job in Hogsmeade kept her somewhat preoccupied, but attending an event with her sister was hardly on her lists of best ways to spend an outing. She loved her sister but she was a bit overprotective and eccentric and back when they were both attending school at Salem at the same time a bit of an annoyance to tell the truth. Then again, her older sister had grown far more serious after their father had died. Though, Sophie had to admit the fact she saw her sister with brunette hair more than blonde hair anymore threw her off a bit. Sophie was thankful for the event that her sister hadn't opted for some shade of red for her hair, leaving the two to look that much more similar-of course, Sophie supposed her sister could just take the exact appearance of her if she wanted so in the end it didn't really matter.

The two were sitting at a table, Sophie sipping gin and her sister water. She glanced over to her sister who just seemed to notice on the other side of the dining area a dwarf who was just approached by another man with a blonde woman with him. Christina's eyes widened and turned a light shade of pink and she said in a hushed tone, "Oh my God, that's two of the governors of the school."

"Your year as a professor going that bad?" Sophie asked raising a brow. "Besides this is some fancy event I wouldn't be that surprised to see such people here. Speaking of which, why am I here?"

"You should socialize more and I didn't want to go dateless or alone," She said, her eyes still pink in color. "And I'm sure the year is going smooth enough. I suppose I'll see when the end of the year comes and see how the students did on their OWLs and NEWTs."

"OWLs and NEWTs?"

"Similar to our CATs and WITs," Christina explained.

"Right," Sophie said. "And your eyes are pink still by the way." Christina blushed a bit and her eyes switched back to her typical blue. Sophie sighed and said, "Besides, it is easy enough for you not to be recognized if you don't want to be. And, furthermore, you are here for two reasons, right? One, you said you should support the main medical facility of the United Kingdom considering you are a healing professor and two, you're here to try to win that raffle. What does it matter if those responsible for hiring professors are here?"

Christina rolled her eyes, "You're boring, you know that. I get you out of the middle of nowhere Georgia and you spend your time working as a cashier at a grocery store in Hogsmeade and at the house. Have you even visited anywhere else?"

"When we got here we both had to go to the Ministry of Magic, remember," She answered with a shrug.

"You know what if I win getting to see those tickets you are totally coming with me and you have to find a date for your extra ticket," Christina said with a smile. She kissed her sister on the cheek and said, "Go mingle find someone cute to dance with. I'm going to go buy tickets."

"Don't forget you blew your entire savings on a house and are on a professor's salary," Sophie sighed as her sister practically waltzed away. It was almost comical to think her older sister always tried to play the always responsible role, now. It wasn't like Sophie couldn't handle herself, well enough. Sophie, then, glanced over at who were apparently two of the Hogwarts school governors and let out a sigh. She hadn't bothered to get to know anyone really and wasn't even close to her boss or co-workers, so she figured it would be a long night. And, furthermore, Chrissy should know that neither of them actually knew how to dance. Well, she supposed they learned to square dance and simple dancing, but anything more fitting for a formal occasion, they didn't. Setting down her now empty glass of gin, Sophie propped her elbow on the table and let out a sigh. This sort of thing was not exactly her cup of tea as the phrase would go.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
            • Deal Me In 50
            • Married 100
            • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
            Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
            • Dramatic Shipping 25
            • Treasure Hunter 100
            • Tipsy 100
            PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:45 pm
            𝕲𝔞𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔩 ♞ 𝕸𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔢
            𝔓ureblood, 𝔖lytherin 𝔄lumni
            ℌead 𝔬f ℑmproper 𝔘se 𝔬f 𝔐agic

User Image

It wasn't really so much of an appetite as it was anxiety, so he nibbled on another puff pastry to distract his thoughts. Quite a crowd had begun to show, the audience lingered between here and the dance floor, though the majority seemed enthralled by the raffle on one end of the hall. Gabriel enjoyed quidditch as much as the next bloke, but his little brother had made sure that Gabe would never need to buy tickets again (at least, to any of Wales games.) But still, he had the hopes that he'd find a particular someone here. His vision trailed the inhabitants and had pinpointed several of Hogwarts board members as well as a few department heads. Idly, he finished his pasty, replaced the crumbly napkin with another pastry and meandered down the tables of delectable's. He wrinkled a sour nose at the cheese and crackers, eyed the small bite sized portions of fish and chips and gave the petite finger sandwiches a once over. He'll be fat and happy by the end of the night and probably as noticeable as the draperies over the windows. Oh well..

╔═══════════════════╗
            Height: 6’1” ♞ Weight: 159lbs ♞ Age: 30
            The Dining Area
            ╚═══════════════════╝

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:44 pm
            OBSESSION, IT TAKES CONTROL
            OBSESSION, IT EATS ME WHOLE
            I CAN'T SAY THE WORDS OUT LOUD
            SO IN A RHYME I WROTE YOU DOWN
            NOW YOU'LL LIVE THROUGH THE AGES
            I CAN FEEL YOUR PULSE IN THE PAGES
            I HAVE WRITTEN YOU DOWN
            NOW YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER

User Image
            MADAM GERMAINE DYAN UMBER
            FORMER HUFFLEPUFF
            MUGGLEBORN
            company- Gabriel
            location- Charity Gala
            reading- The Last Policeman
            wearing- this had to be hemmed, you know

Germaine did not go to galas, but it was for charity, and what sort of Hufflepuff bypassed a charity gala? A disgraceful sort. And hat-stall Germaine, who had kept the Great Hall in breathless anticipation for nearly three whole minutes, before it called out Hufflepuff- was in fact, very proud of her house. So far, no dark witches or wizards that had made the Daily Prophet. As far as she knew, and if she didn't know correctly, she was happy to live in blissful ignorance. There were other things to be proud of, obviously, but that was what was in her mind at the moment as she very carefully skirted the dancing and the band, and made her way to the dining area. Everything was grand, and large, and reminded her a bit of a museum, so much so that she was both intrigued by everything and also a bit scared to sit down. Also, she was hungry, because who ate right before they were going to put on a gown they had just had hemmed? She wandered over to the tables with food on them, almost walked into a tall person, recognized said tall person, and said "Gabe!" very suddenly and more loudly than she meant to, and then tacked on a more subdued, "Hello."

WITHOUT LIBRARIANS, WHAT DO WE HAVE? NO PAST AND NO FUTURE.

Essy ze Ninja

AND ALL THE WORLD WILL READ YOU
            AND YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER
            IN EYES NOT YET CREATED
            ON TONGUES THAT ARE NOT BORN
            I HAVE WRITTEN YOU DOWN
            NOW YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER
            THE VIRTUE IS IN THE VERSE
            AND ALL THE WORLD WILL READ YOU

The Forgotten Weasley
            Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
            • WilyTrickster 50
            • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
            • The Wolf Within 100

a porg
            Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:54 pm
            User Image

H E A L E Rxx[A R T E F A C TxxI N C I D E N T S]
                            x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xGryffindor Alumna

xxxxxAravis had spent forever getting ready for the gala. She was one of the Healers at St. Mungo's, and so it was expected that she go and look nice. However, it wasn't just getting nice that she had to worry about. It was finding a babysitter for William Zephyr who decided that at the age of seven he didn't need one. Being an overprotective mother, she went against his wishes. Besides, his father had been killed, or at least that's what she was told. They never did tell her by who. What if they were out there still, plotting to kill him? The healer didn't exactly go on living a quiet life as a young widow. She ended up falling in love with one of the Welsh chasers, a man who also happened to be the youngest brother of the Minister for Magic. Needless to say, people paid attention whether she wanted them to or not.

xxxxxDarryn on the other hand hardly needed to spend any time on getting ready. All he needed was a nice tuxedo. Of course, he had also been spending some time making other arrangements involving a small box that was sitting securely in his coat pocket. Every so often he had to pat his pocket to make sure that it was still there. He was surprised that his girlfriend hadn't taken notice yet. Or maybe she had and just didn't want to say anything.

xxxxxThe couple took their seats at a table. The rest of the Wyn family was going to be joining them later. Well, all of them except for Idris. The youngest of the Wyn siblings currently wasn't feeling well and decided to stay home. As far as they knew, Gwynfair was going to be going to the gala alone. She was the sort of person who really didn't feel the need to have a date. Cadoc on the other hand was bringing an old classmate of his.

xxxxx"I can't believe all of this is for the hospital," Aravis said as she looked around. It was quite a posh affair. So many well known people. Sure, she was hanging around with the Wyn family quite a bit. Not only were they known for Darryn being one of the best Quidditch players in Wales, but also for his brother, the captain of the same team. Then there was their older sister, the Minister for Magic. One would think that the healer would have gotten used to all of this by now.

xxxxx"Well, it's worth it. Merlin knows how many times Cadoc and I have had to go there, and don't forget that they did help to make you such a great healer, and just imagine where we'd be if they hadn't," the man replied with a smile. He was a quidditch player, a chaser, and a bludger magnet. Not to mention that Aravis and Darryn had only met because of an incident at the circus where he had gotten injured and she had shown up and saved the day.

xxxxxAravis laughed. All of that was quite true. "Well, I suppose then it's justified then isn't it?"

User Image

W E L S HxxC H A S E R
                            x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xGryffindor Alumnus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:09 pm
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRobert Carlson Avery I
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPureblood Former Slytherin
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHead of the Avery Clan

THE HEADS OF THE AVERY CLAN
            and
            THE LEAGUE FAMILY

User ImageJane Cathaline Avery
            Pureblood Former Slytherin
            Socialite
            Dressed in Royal Blue
            Cara Jane League
            Head of the Obliviator Office
            Wife of Dr. Sinclair League and mother of two
            Dressed in Green

Dr. Sinclair Alfred-Jon League
            Cambridge University Graduate
            Squib
            Muggle Plastic Surgeon
            Married to Cara Jane League (formerly Avery)

After receiving his tickets, Robert Carlson Avery the head of the Avery clan, with his wife holding his arm led the way to the dining room where Cara followed her parents thinking of how she really would like to jinx her husband at the moment for disappearing and leaving her to deal with them, though she supposed by his standards it was her own fault. If she hadn't stayed in contact with her family they wouldn't have to deal with them-though she really doubted it would be that simple. And, she had a feeling that her husband and went to find the Ryans which he had invited. That wasn't going to go well if her parents ran into them. Acacia had been disowned years ago, actually, she was pretty sure that the family-be it the main branch of the Averys or the side branch the Chaistys had been a deciding factor in Edwin and Acacia moving to South America for as long as they did.

Cara sighed glancing about to find Sinclair when she noted her mother spying the head of the Tempest family. She already knew where they were sitting even before Robert and Jane Avery approached the table. "Hmm... Mr. and Mrs. Tempest, Miss Tempest," Jane said with a polite nod of her head. "What a surprise to be seeing you here. I would have thought with the recent events in your family you wouldn't be up to such festivities. My youngest, Cara, I'm sure you should know actually is the head of the department Lysander worked in. A headache I am sure. At least the Ministry had sense enough to promote someone more stable to head the Obliviator office."User Image

"It really wasn't any more troublesome than other messes the office has had to deal with before," Cara said a bit coldly, not wanting to be a part of her mother's gloating. "A horrible incident, yes, but at least what was required of the Obliviator Office was easily enough handled."

"Is your mother acting as if she knows what it is like to work a day in her life?" A voice said. Cara turned to find her husband who politely kissed her on her cheek.

Jane narrowed her eyes obviously annoyed at her son-in-law's presence and it was Robert Avery who spoke, "This is of course, one of our son-in-laws, Sinclair League."

"Dr. Sinclair League," Sinclair corrected automatically. He glanced at the three Tempests and asked, "And they are?"

"The Tempests, another old family line," Cara answered. "Their son up till recently worked in the same department as me. It isn't much of a concern. I'm sure you heard mention of the last name before at least from your parents when you were younger."

"I actively make it a habit of mine not to keep up with the old or newer families of the wizarding world," Sinclair answered. "If it isn't a concern for my immediate family, I generally don't care."

"Oh, it is really no concern to either of us or our children," Cara answered, not remembering if their youngest daughter's existance had circulated the gossip chains or not. She was fairly sure it hadn't, but it really didn't matter at this point.

Meanwhile, ignoring his son-in-law and his youngest daughter's conversation, Robert said, "I am sure you won't mind us joining you, tonight. If you will excuse my wife, she is merely showing her condolences. Besides, considering our eldest son failed to produce any children, the naming of the next in line and the one thereafter I fully understand is troublesome."
            Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
            • Deal Me In 50
            • Married 100
            • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
            • Demonic Associate 100
            • WilyTrickster 50
            PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 pm
                            User Image

𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕋𝔼𝕄ℙ𝔼𝕊𝕋 𝔽𝔸𝕄𝕀𝕃𝕐xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                            𝔼𝕕𝕘𝕒𝕣 // 𝕃𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕖 // ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕕𝕠𝕣𝕒
                            CURRENTLY // married to Lenore Tempestspace
                            CURRENTLY // Looking Imposing at the Charity Ballspaces
                            CURRENTLY WITH // Lenore, Callidoraspacesp
                            CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
                            CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What is even the point of this?' spacespac

CURRENTLY // married to Edgar Tempestspace
                            CURRENTLY // Looking Elegant at the Charity Ballspaces
                            CURRENTLY WITH // Edgar, Callidoraspacesp
                            CURRENTLY FEELING // Strictspacespa
                            CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Let's see if the harlot can at least pretend to have some class.' spacespac

CURRENTLY // singlespace
                            CURRENTLY // Looking Haughty at the Charity Ballspaces
                            CURRENTLY WITH // Edgar, Lenorespacesp
                            CURRENTLY FEELING // Boredspacespa
                            CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I have so many better things I could be doing...' spacespac

spaceEdgar barely managed to keep his face neutral when they were joined by the Averys. He hadn't bothered to participate in the social circles in a good long while, after all. He was a bit rusty in regards to comporting himself with grace. He also didn't fail to catch that the woman was obviously quite amused at his family's distress, something which annoyed him to no end. It was why he had little patience for society; none of them had anything better to do than gossip and gloat over the misfortune of others. His wife was no better, he knew, something which he'd always despised about her. He didn't care one whit what awful thing had happened to so-and-so, he had more important things on his mind, dammit! Likewise, his own suffering would be greatly lessened without harpies like Mrs. Avery around to sneer at him. "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Avery," he said simply, choosing to ignore her statement about his family. "Mr. and Mrs. League," he added, the faintest of sneers appearing on his face. How the Averys could dare to look down their noses at him while they stood with their Squib son-in-law was beyond him. He knew that he had a grandson who'd been born defective, but he hadn't chosen to allow the filth into his family. It'd been born into it, a curse many a pureblood line had suffered. A source of shame, to be sure, but not so horrid as having a daughter who'd elected to marry one.

spaceLenore, of course, wasn't one to take an insult sitting down (so to speak). Her smile was faint, almost believable, but her eyes were cold and cruel. "If you don't mind, I'd rather not discuss it. I would rather like to enjoy my evening. I will say that it was, of course, a complete shock when he... well, snapped, I supposed. His homelife has always been exceptional... I can only assume it was some outside source that caused it. Something wrong in his social life, perhaps... or employment," she said. Before any could speak on the obvious insult to Cara, however, she replied, "After all, it is a rather stressful career choice. I do know that he was rather concerned with upward movement, and that your daughter was quite the... well, that she took her job seriously. Perhaps the desire to impress his coworkers was too much to bear?" she replied, obviously lying through her teeth. As if her son would have ever had a need to impress such a lowly woman. No, Lenore knew precisely why the b***h had gotten the promotion over her son... those damned muggle-lovers at the Ministry had thought she was oh, so progressive, being married to a damned Squib. It was disgusting.

spaceCallidora sighed lightly, tossing her hair over her shoulder. Her mood had plummeted the second the miserable older couple had started their way, and had only gotten worse at the realization of who the younger couple with them were. Doctor... as if such a title was worthy of any esteem. "Mother," she intoned lightly, a hand going to Lenore's arm, a look of false-concern on her face, by far the most believable expression any of the three had faked tonight. "You shouldn't discuss it. Think of your heart," she continued. The elder woman speared Callidora with a look of curiosity, eyes plainly asking why she would bother to even pretend to care. In truth, it was a scheme; Lenore's heart was rather weak, after all. The attention called to it would likely stress the woman, the conversation of their foolish son would continue for the amusement of the Averys, and every moment would weaken its beat further. She would die soon, of course... but that didn't mean Callidora shouldn't try to hurry it along. The dark-haired temptress turned her gaze to the group, smiling lightly. "You are, of course, more than welcome to join us... but I must ask that the subject be changed. I worry for my mother... the entire ordeal has been rather hard on her, after all," she requested earnestly. The idea that it would disturb Lenore would no doubt prompt the Avery woman to continue bringing it up, however subtly, which would anger Lenore to no end... this could work quite well in her favor. And, if asked later, she could inform the pair that she hadn't cared to listen to the woman insult the family name she would be carrying on... it would please the elder woman, and she'd be none the wiser. Besides, they wanted her to act as a proper heir... she could do that. Provided the pair were polite in return and died soon.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:31 pm
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRobert Carlson Avery I
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPureblood Former Slytherin
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHead of the Avery Clan

THE HEADS OF THE AVERY CLAN
            and
            THE LEAGUE FAMILY

User ImageJane Cathaline Avery
            Socialite
            Dressed in Royal Blue
            Cara Jane League
            Head of the Obliviator Office
            Wife of Dr. Sinclair League and mother of two
            Dressed in Green

Dr. Sinclair Alfred-Jon League
            Cambridge University Graduate
            Squib
            Muggle Plastic Surgeon
            Married to Cara Jane League (formerly Avery)

Cara raised a brow at Lenore's comment about the work environment and had a feeling her mother or even her father would be likely to make a comment when Callidora mentioned her mother's heart and said they were more than welcome to join them but asked for the subject to be changed. "But of course, after all shock can negatively effect the body. Though if you wish to doubt my studies as a medical doctor and surgeon, by all means we could ask Edwin Ryans, he is here. I ran into him and Acacia earlier. He's the medi-wizard after all."

Jane's eyes narrowed dangerously at his son-in law who held a polite smile. "I hardly think either are worth mentioning, I'm surprised he was able to secure a job here in the first place. After all, didn't he leave the country for some inferior place because he couldn't make the grade here?"

"Hmm? Is that what happened, mother?" Cara asked, before lying smoothly, "I lost contact with them soon after they eloped... who would have guessed she'd actually have married him?"
            User Image
            Sinclair glanced at his wife and then his in-laws but said nothing. Jane exchanged a look with her husband who then narrowed his eyes first at his daughter and then to his son-in-law. Finally he returned his cold gaze to Lenore, "If it was me I would run the department my daughter runs with a much tighter grip. He could easily have transferred departments if he found the Obliviator Office distasteful for any reason. Then again I allowed a certain amount of freedom with my children and their career choices and decisions. It has more or less worked out advantageous for the family."

"I, of course, being the less," Sinclair said with a bit of a smirk. "Then again, it put you in good standing with my parents, so there is that."

Cara shot a glare at her husband and let out a sigh. She glanced back at Callidora and said politely, "So, what have you been doing to keep yourself preoccupied? I'm sure that you must have to have found something, correct?"

Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
            • Deal Me In 50
            • Married 100
            • Person of Interest 200

a porg
            Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:41 pm
            User Image

WELSHCAPTAIN&SEEKER
                            X X X X XGryffindor Alumnus

████████████████████████▌I feel something so R I G H T
                    By doing the WRONG thingxxxAnd I feel something so WRONG
                    By doing the R I G H T thing
                    I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't liexxxI couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie
                    I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't liexxxI couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Everything that KILLS me makes me feel A - L - I - V - E

xxxxxCadoc walked into the Dining Area with a beautiful woman on his arm. There were some that said he couldn't be a gentleman, but they were gravely mistaken. All they would have to do would be to ask Andi. He liked to think that he treated her quite well. Why else would she agree to go to the gala with him? The seeker was fairly certain he would have had to attend anyways. They were raffling off a lot of Quidditch related items. Tickets to the World Cup? Hopefully he would be playing in it. A new broom? His current broom would certainly take offense. A snitch signed by his favorite player? Well, he was biased, but it was definitely himself.

xxxxxThe seeker scanned the room to see if any of his family had already arrived. Darryn and Aravis were arriving on their own, as was Gwynfair. Merlin knew if she was bringing a date. She always worked too hard. Even at the gala, she was technically working. Perhaps at some point, they'd have to drag the eldest Wyn off on a vacation to somewhere far away.

xxxxx"There's my brother," he said as he started to lead Andi over to the table where he was sitting with Aravis. "Andi, you remember my brother Darryn, right? Oh, and this is his lovely girlfriend Aravis," Cadoc said as he pulled out a chair for Andi. It was only polite.

Maiya Kajuji

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:58 pm
            User Image

Andi smiled brightly upon entering the dining area. This was far from what she was used to and she would be lying if she said the elegance of it all didn't make her slightly uncomfortable but she was always one for trying new things. She quietly took a deep breath and smiled once again, holding close to Cadoc. She could hardly believe she was here, with an actual date. Cadoc Wyn at that. This was a strange occurrence for her but she liked it. She liked being with him, though you probably couldn't get her to admit it out loud.

Andi was taken from her thoughts when she heard his familiar voice speak to her. She followed him closely, putting a smile on her face once again. "Yes, of course." She said once they reached the table. "Great to see you and it's fabulous to met you." She said to each part of the couple. She felt the need to make conversation but it seemed that for the first time in her life she didn't know what to say.

Andrea glanced over at Cadoc when he pulled out a chair for her. She sat gently and tried to hold the smile on her face, hoping that it wouldn't come out as murdery...that would be interesting to get the rather famous Wyn family to think that one of their brothers was dating (if that was the word to be used...) a psychopath. She was fairly certain that she was the only one who had these kind of worries in her life. "Oi." She muttered quietly under her breath.

Violet the Maestro

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
            • Team Edward 100
            • First step to fame 200
            • Team Jacob 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
            • Team Edward 100
            • First step to fame 200
            • Team Jacob 100
            PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:39 pm
            User Image

Gardenia moved quietly into main Dining Area, her heart thumping hard. She didn't know why she had made the decision to come, and especially to come by herself. She just felt as though she should get out of her store and do something and at least try to socialize with someone. She'd been here two minutes and already she regretted, she should just make a run for it now while she still had the chance. It sounded considerably better than this. How hard would that be with these heels...? She took a deep breath and moved slowly into the main and kept her eyes at the floor, she glanced around once then returned her stare. She moved to a clear table and sat down slowly. She sighed deeply and wanted to curl up in a ball.

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
            Other Stuff
            Get GCash
            Offers
            Get Items
            More Items
            Where Everyone Hangs Out
            Other Community Areas
            Virtual Spaces
            Fun Stuff