Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Dining Area Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:53 pm
User Image

WELSHCAPTAIN&SEEKER
                  X X X X XGryffindor Alumnus

████████████████████████▌I feel something so R I G H T
          By doing the WRONG thingxxxAnd I feel something so WRONG
          By doing the R I G H T thing
          I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't liexxxI couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie
          I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't liexxxI couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Everything that KILLS me makes me feel A - L - I - V - E

xxxxxCadoc gently pushed Andi in before taking the seat next to her. He had to wonder how she was feeling. This was really the first time that she was around his family, well, since they were all in Hogwarts. Although, to be fair, Aravis wasn't there when they were. She was younger than them, but not by too much. It wasn't like it was completely weird. Then again, love was a weird thing. Darryn and Aravis didn't start dating until she had to save his life. And while Cadoc wasn't entirely sure what he and Andi were (to be honest, he was fine with saying they were dating), they didn't really start doing anything until several years after they had originally met.

xxxxx"Oh don't worry too much," Cadoc said softly to his date. Most people think he didn't care about others, but that wasn't true. He cared about people he had a reason to care about. "Any idea when our big sister's going to get her arse here?" he asked Darryn. Knowing her, she probably was somewhere at the gala, just busy talking to other people. That was her job after all.

Maiya Kajuji

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:02 pm
User Image

H E A L E Rxx[A R T E F A C TxxI N C I D E N T S]
                  x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xGryffindor Alumna

xxxxx"Well, here comes my brother, and is that a woman with him?" Darryn said as he spotted Cadoc approaching the table. His brother had said that he was going to be bringing a date, he just didn't expect his date to actually exist. Darryn just figured that he had made her up.

xxxxxAravis hit her boyfriend on the arm. "Be nice," she said sternly. Honestly, the two Wyn brothers could be such children. Sometimes they were more immature than her son. "Now your sisters on the other hand, we need to get them dates," she laughed. It was going to be near impossible with how dedicated they were to their jobs.

xxxxxThe couple smiled as Darryn and Andi joined them. Darryn was shocked that his brother actually was being a gentleman. Was there something more to the relationship that he hadn't told them? "It's a pleasure to meet you Andi," Aravis said cheerfully. She seemed like a pretty nice person. "So how did you and Cadoc meet?"

User Image

W E L S HxxC H A S E R
                  x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xGryffindor Alumnus

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:37 am
User Image

Andi smiled at Cadoc's soft words. There was something about his voice that seemed to ease her, it felt weird to even think it but it seemed his whole presence did that. Andi scoffed at her self silently, she was beginning to sound like a little school girl all over again. She suddenly turned her attention when Aravis began to speak to her. "Oh." She said slightly, that was a question she wasn't expecting, honestly it was much simpler than she had expected. "Well we knew each other from school a bit but well we ran into one another a while ago, looking for quidditch supplies actually." She said with a slight chuckle. That was really no surprise knowing the two of them, "and well after that we went for tea...and well...here we are." She finished, her Irish accent coming out stronger than she had intended. She didn't exactly know what else to say about. "So how about you and Darryn here? You seem to make quite the couple." Andi hoped they didn't mind the question but she tended to call things as she saw them and that was precisely what she would continue doing.

Violet the Maestro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:09 pm
User Image
                                              Lately he's feeling like a broken promise
                                              In the mirror staring down his doubt
                                              There's only one thing in this world that he knows
                                              He said forever and he'll never let her down

User Image

════════════════════════

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Dᴡᴀʀғ || Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ Gᴏᴠᴇʀɴᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Deveron was sipping at his drink when he noticed two taller figures approach him. Well, it was obvious that everyone was taller than he was, just for the sake of being taller. He shifted a bit, thinking as he realized that it was Wesley Edgeworth, someone from work. He inclined his head, a bit of a smile crossing his features as he nodded toward the seats at the table. "Go ahead, have a seat. It's not like I happen to be waiting for anyone. And it is a pleasure to meet you, Siobhan. I see you got the stiff out of his house to socialize."

He could hardly blame Wesley if the other man decided that Deveron's company was better than some others here. After all, they knew each other to some greater or lesser extent, even if they rarely spoke outside of work. Then again, they didn't have that much in common, though he had heard a rumour that Wesley had some unfortunate business with his ex-wife. Considering he heard the rumours surrounding Dahlia (and he knew some other things regarding the woman as well), it was good to see the taller man getting around again. He took another sip from his drink, grimacing slightly at the burn of alcohol before he looked toward the two again. "So, what brings the two of you together? I imagine it has to be more interesting than some other things going on at this ball, to be sure."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, I hope something happens tonight.
                                              OOC:

I don't wanna be another wave in the ocean
                                              I am a rock not just another grain of sand
                                              I wanna be the one you run to when you need a shoulder
                                              I ain't a soldier but I'm here to take a stand

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:38 am
User ImagexxxxUser Image

C A L L I U S and D E S D E M O N A

"Come on, Desdemona," Callius had muttered in disgust as soon as he caught sight of two familiar figures taking to the ballroom floor. "My sister in-law and her muggle are twirling around like two lovesick fools."

Desdemona smiled faintly and said nothing as she followed him over to where the tables of food and diners were. "Are you hungry?" she asked patiently, sitting down carefully as he held a chair out for her. She smoothed her gown, admiring the way it accented her small waist and made her legs appear longer under the black skirt.

"I think my appetite was just ruined," he said flatly, "So no, thank you."

She tapped a long, manicured nail on the table thoughtfully for a moment, before demurely folding her small hands in her lap. "Well, at least they didn't have a long line of children tailing after them tonight."

"Oh, they've probably picked up a few more street urchins since we've last seen them," he replied scornfully, and then went quiet.

Desdemona recognized the vaguely calculating look in his brown eyes as him thinking about something, as his gaze wandered around the area. "Look," she said in a quietly amused tone, "The Tempests and the... hm, those are the Averys, aren't they? Well. Perhaps we should go say hello?"

Callius scoffed. "After that mess the Tempests got into? With the muggle murdering and their idiot son and grandson? And the Averys aren't much better- isn't the daughter married to a squib?"

"I wouldn't know," said Desdemona with malicious cheer, "I've never spoken to her." She knew for a fact that their own family was not the most wealthy, though they were very well off, nor the most powerful, and maybe their line was small... But no one with the surname Lillantine had been implicated in the deaths of muggles for at least three decades, so that was something. At least they did a good job of keeping themselves out of the papers. There wasn't any scandal clinging to them like a cloak.

M R . and M R S . L I L L A N T I N E

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:29 pm
                  User Image

𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕋𝔼𝕄ℙ𝔼𝕊𝕋 𝔽𝔸𝕄𝕀𝕃𝕐xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  𝔼𝕕𝕘𝕒𝕣 // 𝕃𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕖 // ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕕𝕠𝕣𝕒
                  CURRENTLY // married to Lenore Tempestspace
                  CURRENTLY // Looking Imposing at the Charity Ballspaces
                  CURRENTLY WITH // Lenore, Callidoraspacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What is even the point of this?' spacespac

CURRENTLY // married to Edgar Tempestspace
                  CURRENTLY // Looking Elegant at the Charity Ballspaces
                  CURRENTLY WITH // Edgar, Callidoraspacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Strictspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Let's see if the harlot can at least pretend to have some class.' spacespac

CURRENTLY // singlespace
                  CURRENTLY // Looking Haughty at the Charity Ballspaces
                  CURRENTLY WITH // Edgar, Lenorespacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Boredspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I have so many better things I could be doing...' spacespac

════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLenore gave her daughter an odd look, a question in her eyes, one that would be impossible to determine for any but the three Tempests. She knew Callidora had to be playing at something, that there had to be a reason... but she couldn't fathom what it was. The younger woman offered a reassuring smile, the only sign of her true self, that it was all an act, the faintest hint of cruelty in her eyes. Lenore didn't know what she was doing, but it wouldn't work. The insolent chit was too arrogant by far. She glanced at the Squib, trying to keep her expression neutral and succeeding almost completely, although there was a slight tilt to her smile that belied her disgust. Edgar, on the other hand, didn't even try to cover his distaste; he merely sat, glaring at the four of them, and at Callidora for allowing them to join the table. "I'm quite aware that I have a weak heart, thank you. I doubt if you, or... Mr. Ryans, was it? could tell me anything I didn't already know, except perhaps exactly how long I have before it gives out, which frankly, I'd much rather not know," she said, rolling her eyes lightly as if at her own predicament. "And besides, it's far too morbid a conversation for the evening, I think. If I have need of medical help, I will seek it on another time." The elder Tempest chuckled lightly at this. Really, it was so crass, to discuss one's health at the dinner table, at a social function. But then, the man who'd brought it up was rather crass, too, a Squib, masquerading as a muggle (as if there were anything lower).

spaceEdgar was content to mostly ignore the conversation, until the Avery patriarch implied that it were his fault his son had gone off the deep end. He frowned. "You seem to be of the opinion that I forced my son into his position? Quite the contrary; it was he who chose that path. I didn't particularly care for it, to be honest. His name and his grades could've gotten him a far more prestigious office... not that there's anything wrong with serving the law, of course, but after all, it is practically manual labor. Admirable for one to pursue, yes, but hardly something I thought suited him... and I guess I was right, after all," he said, his mouth a tight line, eyes cold. "Now, I do believe there are far better topics we could amuse ourselves with? I find I don't care much for gossip... there is a saying... 'Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events.... Small minds discuss people.' I don't believe I'm in the company of small minds, so perhaps we would do well not to lower ourselves?" His tone left no room for debate. He didn't want to discuss his son, or his grandson, or any of those others whom he had disowned. As far as he was concerned, the only family he had was at this table, and despise them he might, but they'd done nothing to insult him... or not enough for him to care, he corrected, thinking on the various affairs Callidora had been rumored to have. He only knew of one for certain... she was carrying on with the man who'd arranged their deal in the first place. Seemed the two of them couldn't stay away from one another... if their inability to part ways led someone to discover the truth, he'd kill them both.

spaceCallidora rolled her eyes at her father, thinking that he was quite horrible at being social. However had Lenore put up with him for all these years, then, given that she was quite fond of social functions? Callidora recalled her old life, how similar it had been... Wesley had never cared for attending anything social, but she'd forced him to go many times over the years, to get out of the house, to socialize, and, yes, to gossip. Small minds... she wanted to scoff. Small minds didn't discuss people. Everyone discussed people, if they were smart, because the only way to have any real power in the world was to know everything about everyone in it. She was drawn from her musings by Cara, and offered her a small smile. "Well... I've taken to visiting old shops and looking for items of interest, just to pass the time. Anything of note... mostly jewelry, really. But nothing without a story. I spend most of my time at home, though. Reading." She was lying through her teeth, of course, because rarely, if ever, was Callidora Tempest at home. No, she was out, alright... but not in any dusty old shops. No, more often than not, she was out at a pub, on the prowl... or, if she didn't feel like hunting, she'd just stop by Remington's. It was less work... and yet somehow more fulfilling. She ignored that, though, because it wasn't something she cared to think about. At least her frequent trips to see him lent a bit of credibility to her lie, though. After all, his shop perfectly fit the sort that she wanted people to thinks she was stopping by.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"Edgar"

"Lenore"

"Callidora"

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:02 pm
                  User Image

𝕎𝔼𝕊𝕃𝔼𝕐 𝔼𝔻𝔾𝔼𝕎𝕆ℝ𝕋ℍ 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕊𝕀𝕆𝔹ℍ𝔸ℕ 𝕃𝕆𝕎𝔼ℝ𝕐xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  CURRENTLY // seeing Siobhan Loweryspace
                  CURRENTLY // Looking Debonair at the Charity Ballspace
                  CURRENTLY WITH // Siobhanspacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Might as well take care of this first...' spacespac

CURRENTLY // seeing Wesley Edgeworthspace
                  CURRENTLY // Looking Alluring at the Charity Ballspaces
                  CURRENTLY WITH // Wesleyspacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, he looks so handsome tonight...' spacespac

════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceWesley inclined his head at Deveron, then pulled a chair out for Siobhan before taking a seat across from the dwarf. He offered the man a small grin, little more than an upturned quirk of his lips, arching a brow. "The stiff, eh?" he asked, faintly amused. "Is that what they call me when I'm not listening, or just you?" He laced his fingers together on the surface of the table, and Siobhan reached her hand over and placed it on top of them, smiling lightly. "Tae be fair, Wes, dearie, yer no' exactly th' life o' th' party," she told him, offering a small wink to her date's coworker. The former Slytherin scowled lightly, but the expression was obviously faked. He rolled his eyes at Siobhan. "Well then, do forgive me. It was never my intention to be so dreadfully dull," he replied with a wry grin. She swatted at him playfully with her free hand and then flushed, realizing that she was probably overstepping her bounds just a bit in regards to propriety. Not that she generally cared about that, but he did, after all.

spaceThe former Gryffindor grinned lightly when Deveron asked what brought them together, although she felt a bit uncomfortable with the question. Not that there was anything to really feel uncomfortable about, but, Wesley had met her when he came into her shop to get a dog so he wouldn't be so lonely after his wife had died. That didn't quite seem like something you just discussed, after all. But, before she could come up with something to say, he was already answering. "Well, you recall... the rather dreadful business with my wife," Wesley said, not caring to elaborate further and knowing it was unnecessary, "It happened right around the same time that I came to realize that my son would be moving out soon, and I realized that my home was going to seem rather empty... and I had always fancied getting a dog. My father had never allowed them, and Dahlia despised animals, so I'd never bothered with it, but... given the circumstances, I figured why not. Siobhan owns the Magical Menagerie in Diagon Alley..." He trailed off with a faint smile, recalling his surprise at seeing her there. "I'd seen her before, rather briefly, at the Brighton Ball. And, she is rather fetching, so I can hardly be blamed for remembering her." She flushed faintly at this, much to his amusement. She'd looked surprised when he'd said that he remembered her from the ball. He doubted very highly if she'd even noticed him, really. It was she, however, who continued the story. "He came intae th' shop, lookin' fer a pup... fell in love wit' this precious Siberian Husky. An' then kept comin' in ev'ry month or so fer food an' such... We talked whenever he came in, but I didn' think much o' it. Then, one day, he comes in, an' it'd been less than a couple weeks since the las' time, an' he's all distracted an' nervous-seeming, and says he's lookin' fer another dog, tae keep Gabby, the husky, company... my nephew was wit me tha' day, shows him tae this boxer, an' Wes realizes tha' Rhys wants th' dog. Made a deal wit' 'im, that if he convinced me tae go on a date wit' 'im, he'd convince me tae let 'im keep th' dog," The former Gryffindor snorted a bit at this, and Wesley smiled and rolled his eyes. "Ah, but it worked, didn't it?" he asked, and she nodded. "Aye, tha' it did," she told him, and then he turned and looked at Deveron. "Well, that ended up being a longer story than I'd intended," he said with a chuckle, and Siobhan blushed again. He unfolded his hands to hold the one of hers that was resting on them, thumb brushing the back of her hand. "So, what have you been up to? Anything of interest?" he asked the other man, curious. Deveron tended to have rather interesting stories to tell, after all.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"Wesley"

"Siobhan"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:42 pm
User Image
                                              Lately he's feeling like a broken promise
                                              In the mirror staring down his doubt
                                              There's only one thing in this world that he knows
                                              He said forever and he'll never let her down

User Image

════════════════════════

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Dᴡᴀʀғ || Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ Gᴏᴠᴇʀɴᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Deveron snorted a bit as he chuckled, thinking that Wesley had him pegged there. "Guilty as charged, good sir, though to be honest, considering the harpy you used to be married to, I would not blame you for trying to hide from the world. Dahlia wasn't exactly the most pleasant woman to be around. Turned her nose up at everything she didn't approve of, if I recall correctly. Called me an ugly sort of goblin, if I recall. Worse than some other purebloods I have ever met." His gaze slid around the room, taking in the people gathered for the event, and he looked back toward Wesley. "At the very least, I assume you are probably better off since she left. You seem happier, in any case."

Deveron listened to the story about them meeting, only snorting when he heard the part about Dahlia's exit from Wesley's life. Well, he couldn't say he didn't see that happening. She did seem to flit around quite a bit, and the whole affair from what he heard had been a messy business. Which of course made this rather more interesting regarding how the two met. He nodded, knowing that it could be lonely at a rather large home alone. The Whitethorne estate was rather large as well, and except for a few house elves, was rather empty. That he blamed on his father. shameful business to be sure, disowning one son because he didn't produce the right sort of heirs. At the end of the tale, Deveron lifted his his glass in a bit of a toast. "Well then, may I be the first to wish you much happiness. Unless I'm completely pissed and completely misread things. I don't think I have had that much to drink as of yet. As for me, not much really. Met a lovely brunette girl over in Surrey a few months back, and well, we spent a few nights together. Also got a chance to spend Christmas with the family again, though from the way my brother would probably tell it, I barged in. He did invite all of the family to dinner, after all, and unless I miss my guess, I still qualify as such."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, I hope something happens tonight.
                                              OOC:

I don't wanna be another wave in the ocean
                                              I am a rock not just another grain of sand
                                              I wanna be the one you run to when you need a shoulder
                                              I ain't a soldier but I'm here to take a stand

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:18 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRobert Carlson Avery I
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPureblood Former Slytherin
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHead of the Avery Clan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJane Cathaline Avery
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPureblood Former Slytherin
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSocialite
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDressed in Royal Blue

THE HEADS OF THE AVERY CLAN
and
THE LEAGUE FAMILY

User Image
Cara Jane League
Head of the Obliviator Office
Pureblood Former Slytherin
Wife of Dr. Sinclair League and mother of two
Dressed in Green

Dr. Sinclair Alfred-Jon League
Cambridge University Graduate
Squib
Muggle Plastic Surgeon
Married to Cara Jane League (formerly Avery)

"Actually, at least in my case-and likely Mr. Ryans- you would be better seeking someone well versed in divination to answer that sort of thing. For some reason the schools I attended never offered the class and..." Sinclair said before he glanced to his wife, "You dated Edwin for a couple months before you broke it off with him, correct? I don't think he took divination."

Cara raised a brow and said more for the benefit of her parents who generally liked to overlook her one time of dating a halfblood who later married a member of the branch family which was considered a far worse action than the dozen or so pureblood boys she had gone through in her school years. "I dated him because it was a more entertaining way to boost my Muggle Studies grade than actually reading the book. Only natural a half-blood would know about the muggle world. Why should I care what particular courses he took." Sinclair shook his head before deciding to not offer anything more and just listen to his in-laws prattle on and his wife presenting herself as much of a well bred woman from a long line of purebloods as she could considering her choice marrying a Squib.

Meanwhile Robert and Jane Avery exchanged looks. Cara had been notoriously lazy in her studies back in school: it was hard to say how she could have actually done academically if she put in more effort. Of course, they had never expected Cara to decide to work for the long term, and she could have easily lived at home until she chose to get married. Robert was sure a more respectable man than his son-in-law would have informed his daughter long ago it was best for her to retire. At least Cara had managed to get the label of 'Head of the Obliviator Office' to offset some of the ridiculousness of lowering herself to marrying the Squib, and worse flaunting it practically.
User Image
"We have a commonality there, Mr. Tempest," Robert said to Edgar with a small smirk. "I agree the job is very beneath my daughter as well, no matter her placement in the office. I would have thought her husband at the very least considering his income should understand there is no reason for her to work." He smiled politely at Edgar and added, "Regardless, you are correct with your assessment. Gossip is not of my taste. Besides we all have a few skeletons in our closet, I am sure."

Cara glanced at her father and said, "Father, why don't you and Sinclair talk? He's been pestering me about retiring for quite a while now, especially considering the complications from the Fall Festival a few years ago. I'm sure it is one of the few things you two can agree on. However, I work because I enjoy it." She raised a brow of challenge at her father and then returned her attention to Callidora who seemed far from thrilled to be at the event. Then again, Cara was already growing tired of things as her parents were there. At least she didn't have to deal with any of her brothers, in particular. With them and her parents there, she was fairly sure a very large argument would result and her husband would have far more than being irritated and a bit tired the next day to worry about. He managed to antagonize her entire family, but her brothers were far more hotheaded about it, particularly her eldest brother. She listened as Callidora casually mentioned visiting old shops and looking for items of interest but spending most of her time at home reading.

"That sounds dreadfully dull, I'm so sorry," Cara said with a polite smile to Callidora. "I would much rather die than be cooped up with some book. Though, I must admit I'm envious of your time for browsing shops. Be sure to let me know if you find anything of interest art related, especially, I could always have one or two more traditional items of that sort in my art studio. At least there I don't have to worry about prying eyes of muggles if I so chose to give a bit more life to my paintings or look at old photo albums."

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:57 pm
User Image

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋
Charm's Professor||Former Gryffindor||Former Footballer/Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He smiled and allowed her to lead him to the dining area. It wasn't like he had a choice in who led anyway. She already started walking towards the dining area before he had a chance to say anything. It made him chuckle a bit to be honest. He just wasn't used to being lead by a woman like this. It was actually...refreshing for a change. "It might be common in the United States, but I assure yuh, it isn't here. It is nice tuh here somet'in different," he assured her, flashing a wide grin at her.

As they got to a good table, he politely pulled a chair out for her. "After you," he said to her, taking a seat directly next to her. "Oh yes, I played Professional Quidditch for seven years, all of which were with the Falmouth Falcons. I played keeper, in which I got called up to play for Ireland quite a few times. My last year playin' was when we lost to t'e Brits in t'e semi finals. We had quite a few great players on t'at team I tell yuh. I played wit' the legend Korbin Acacia. Been captainin' t'at Irish team for awhile now. D*** good beater t'at man is," he said to her, realizing he was probably talking just a little bit too much. He decided that it was his turn to ask her something. "Enough of me, my turn to ask you a question," he said to her, smiling.

"You dress up like yuh sister to harass her? I mean, I just go up to me brother and mess wit' him. But no, you go as far as to be her 'spitting image'. I must say, t'e dedication is impressive. Maybe I should be takin' notes right now," he asked her, a wide smile on his face. He certainly was having a good time during the brief time he was talking about her. Christina seemed to be very nice and generally pleasant.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:25 am
User ImageUser Image
Professor Christina Anna Dechering "Chrissy"
24, American, Healing Professor at Hogwarts
Metamorphagus
Salem Graduate: Former Chameleon Dorm Member
Wearing: Yellow with Brunette Hair
(and very temporarily blonde)
--- --- ---

"It actually depends on where you are in the country whether it is common or not," She said. "I lived in New England from after I graduated to when I moved here and still practically any American can tell you I grew up in a small town in the South. Besides you don't have the most common of accents I've heard while I have been here." She shrugged and sat down, glancing up to notice that her sister had already disappeared-knowing Sophie, Chrissy wouldn't be entirely surprised if she had already headed home on the excuse of having work in the morning or some potion to work on or even the importance of breakfast-where Chrissy had seen her sister eat half a dozen eggs and probably half a pig worth of bacon in a sitting before. Okay, maybe Sophie's concerns about the breakfast thing was valid.

Smiling she listened to his explanation about his time in professional quidditch before he said he was going to turn and ask her a question and it was about her mention of how she would annoy her sister. Laughing she said, "Borrowing her clothes or dressing up like her would be too much work. Let me ask you a question: do men prefer blondes?" She waved her hand towards her hair, which though it stayed in its same style brightened to a golden blonde. As she continued her hair returned back to its original brunette color it was that evening, "I have to say, growing up and sticking to blonde mostly I wouldn't say blondes have more fun. So they're all probably just sayings, right?"

She shrugged, "Anyways, it is easier to just do that then bother with changing clothes. Not really dedication when you are a metamorphagus. Anyways, perhaps this is a bit rude of me to ask, but why did you quit quidditch? You said it was really enjoyable. Your team seemed like it was doing quite well, too. Better than even the American National team. I'm pretty sure all the North and South American teams beat us every year even before we get a chance at going over to the compete more Internationally. I followed them religiously still, though. Most of us do. Gotta admit American quidditch fans are loyal."

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:50 am
User Image

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋
Charm's Professor||Former Gryffindor||Former Footballer/Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

"Of course me accent isn't common while you've been here... I'm Irish," he said to her, smiling a bit. It was funny that she brought that up, but there never did actually seem to be many Irishmen at these parties. There were a few, but not nearly as many as there were British or even Scottish people. He had no idea why, but he had to guess it was a pride thing. Either way, the woman probably spent most of her time in either Scotland or England, but of course he wasn't too sure about that. "If you don't mind me asking: where in the United States did you grow up?" he asked her, taking a small sip of the wine that was already at the table.

He watched as she asked a weirder question. If he preferred blondes? Why would she...and before his eyes, with a wave of the girl's wand, her hair was now blonde. It surprised him to be honest, but upon realizing what she was...and her saying it of course, he finally knew what she was talking about. After a brief silence, taking in what exactly just happened, he finally started talking again. "Uhm...to answer your question...no I prefer brunettes. And I t'ink you look much better as a brunette," he said, smiling at her. He awaited the food the meal that was supposed to be prepared for them. He wanted some food since he hadn't eaten since lunch and it was starting to get later in the evening.

The next question surprised him. He wasn't expecting the woman to really ask why he quit, because to this day, it was hard to explain. "Uhm...it is hard to explain. After losing that semi final, I never was really right again. I was still skilled, but I just found myself not wanting to play some days. To play at t'at level consistently, you kind of really need to have a love for t'e game to keep yuh goin', and I noticed t'at...fire was going away honestly. Guess I was ready to start a new life. The media was anot'er reason. T'ey know yuh secrets before you do. I hated t'at," he admitted to the woman blindly, without a care of what she might do with that information.

"And yes, I have noticed yuh Americans are pretty loyal. The American Team isn't to good right now. But I respect t'e loyalty however," he said to her, laughing. The Americans were never that good at Quidditch. It was kind of like Football actually. They weren't as good as the European and South American Nations.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:41 am
User Image
Professor Christina Anna Dechering "Chrissy"
24, American, Healing Professor at Hogwarts
Metamorphagus
Salem Graduate: Former Chameleon Dorm Member
Wearing: Yellow with Brunette Hair

--- --- ---

"Northern Georgia. Small town. About three stoplights and a church for every 30 residents or so. It was all Muggle, besides my family, not exciting, really," She said with a shrug. "My father after he retired early from his position with the American Ministry of Magic, moved there and ran a health foods store there-it was a family business. My mother helped out there and runs it now. She also would read tarot cards or make predictions for fun."

Chrissy laughed at Bréanainn who said he preferred her brunette, "Hmm? As you can tell my hair color is fairly indeterminate. I think my Mom mentioned I was born strawberry-blonde. I had to be home-schooled until my wizarding education began, though because of it. All my childhood pictures that are official have me blonde, though."

"Interesting about your quidditch retirement, though. I mean I had those days working as a healer but I never gave up on it-or not until I became a professor, but it is the same field," She said. "Maybe quidditch wasn't your true passion? I mean, I loved quidditch, I wanted to go that route for years, but end up changing my mind last moment. Hence me quitting playing the last year of my schooling."

"Privacy is important," She said. "Though, I don't care about things about me being dragged up-it is just I don't see reason for my family to be involved. So, I assume teaching and charms ended up being what you care most about?" Frowning for a moment she considered where the class charms would translate into Salem's course work. Probably Enchantments and some of Incantations...

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:56 pm
User Image

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋
Charm's Professor||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He smiled at her as she described her small town. It sounded like a place that he would definitely want to live. He always loved small towns and made it a dream of his to get out of the big city and live in a small town where the community was lively and everyone knew each other and more importantly, everyone was friends, but then again, it was hard to find such a place, speaking that it was human nature to hate people for some reason. He himself never really cared enough to hate someone however. "Your town sounds very nice," he said to her, keeping his calm demeanor.

He listened to her talk about her hair color and was surprised to here that she was actually blonde. He thought she was more attractive with brown here, but then again, she was attractive either way; so it really didn't matter to him. But that's when the conversation shifted back to his Quidditch days, which were hard to explain. She didn't seem to understand what he was saying to be honest. He knew that he should probably explain a little further. "Yes, everyone has t'ose days, but I mean it was a permanent t'ing. I just wasn't enjoying it like I used to. I to t'is day do not know why, but just lost my desire to play. It was my true passion at one point," he said to her, still staying calm, but his demeanor dropped a bit. It was obviously not a very good subject to talk about.

"And yes, teaching is one of the things I care about. I care about a lot of things though. What do you must care about?" he asked her, a blank expression on his face.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:17 pm
𝕲𝔞𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔩 ♞ 𝕸𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔢
𝔓ureblood, 𝔖lytherin 𝔄lumni
ℌead 𝔬f ℑmproper 𝔘se 𝔬f 𝔐agic

User Image

The tempo was uplifting and the harmony was sweet, the gala raffle table seemed to be in full swing as tickets and galleons were exchanged in a thrust from hand to hand. He sighed. Ordinarily, right now would be the perfect time to squabble with his little brother, or his mother or father. But as it were, not one had managed to make an appearance (probably for fear of seeing the other) nor had his cousin even bothered to arrive. It was a lonely moment indeed. But it didn't last. ”Gabe!” A voice abrupted. Gaahh! He mentally shrieked and jumped. His pastry was quick to ease the pain as it flung up into his face, smeared the whipped cream and chocolate glaze all over him in a desperate snog session.

Gabriel was not at all as unpleased about this as he should have been.

”Ah-” he stuttered. ”Germaine!” He grinned, resisted the urge to lick himself clean. ”What a...” he paused, fumbled around for a napkin in a feeble attempt to nonchalantly clean himself up. ”...pleasant surprise?” He tried not to sound as horridly awkward as he must have seemed. There was still a bit of chocolate dabbled across his brow and a puff of white cream underneath his chin.

”I didn't think to find you here, school year, and all that rubbish. I'm glad your here though... S'getting dreadfully boring.” His gaze washed over the room before finally anchoring on her and finally soaking it all in; the luscious blue dress, and long, teasing curls. Was her hair always so long? For some reason, he couldn't remember. Each time he saw her, it must have always been up. ”You look stunning, by the way.” He said, serious as ever, but the chocolate syrup and whipped cream said otherwise.

[OOC: Sorry for taking so long, had a busy week of work and random deadlines due. oh and a new Star Wars game, but shhhh,]

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 6’1” ♞ Weight: 159lbs ♞ Age: 30
The Dining Area with Germaine
╚═══════════════════╝

The Forgotten Weasley

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items