Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Dining Area Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:03 pm
User Image
Professor Christina Anna Dechering "Chrissy"
24, American, Healing Professor at Hogwarts
Metamorphagus
Salem Graduate: Former Chameleon Dorm Member
Wearing: Yellow with Brunette Hair

--- --- ---

"It was-is-nice," Chrissy answered with a slight smile. "It gave my family an opportunity to be happy that their own hometowns would not, even if my parents were two 'Yankees' who showed up out of nowhere. But, we fit in well and it didn't take long till we were the same as everyone else-or as same as we would ever be. However, a place like that you can't stay forever and reach your full potential, often."

She frowned slightly as she listened to Bréanainn clarify what he meant. "Well, passions change, priorities change, people grow older, mature-or just change... it is inevitable."

She nodded and smiled when he said about caring about teaching; however, when a question was turned on her about what she cared most about her eyes darkened almost to black as she narrowed her eyes at him. "I haven't a mind to answering that," She said after a moment, her American accent quickly picking up a far more distinct twang, as her eyes returned to the blue they were before, though the whole time she spoke she held a polite smile, if it wasn't for the changes of her eye color and pause she would by all means seem as if she was politely chatting about something as mundane as the weather.

"Sorry but some questions are a bit too personal for me to be able to easily answer," She answered with a wave of her hand. "It should be good enough to know I care about helping other's reach their full potential. I can pursue that in healing and teaching."
RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:03 pm
User Image

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋
Charm's Professor||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

"T'at is very true. Well, it is nice to see t'at you are here, extending your prowess to t'e younger kids," he said to her, being completely honest with her. It was admirable that she traveled all the way across seas to teach some kids from the British Isles to save lives. The dedication in that was certainly there and she honestly could be an exemplary role model for the students.

"I guess you can say I grew up and stopped living t'e life of many parties, late nights, and media days. I just wanted to settle down a bit maybe," he admitted to her, before shrugging his shoulder. "Sometimes I miss it, but I wanted to have more of a positive influence on many young kid's lives. And not just one of t'ose fake athletic role models that kid's really shouldn't looking up to," he said to her, laughing a bit, finally really coming to terms of why he left the game. He made enough money, and honestly, because of Quidditch, he hasn't really had to deal with money trouble. He had plenty of that and he needed no more. Despite having a lot of money, he did not live the lavish lifestyle. He didn't want to. One thing that he has definitely improved in over the years was his modesty.

That's when the conversation took a rather different swing. He hadn't realized his question was at all that personal, but he didn't want to be nosy and inquire any further. "T'at is fine...I don't want to get into yuh business. T;at would be rat'er rude. Sorry about that. Didn't mean for it to go that far into yuh personal life," he admitted to her, hoping he could save himself from her death stare, which was literally a death stare. Like, he noticed her eyes get dark, which may have been one of coolest things he's ever seen.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:22 pm
User Image
Metamorphagus

--- --- ---

"It generally best to keep a professional relationship and your personal affairs separate," She said before giving a brief laugh, "though, that is very much not the case for many people. One effects the other, inevitably."

Her brief flash of temper seemed to have faded away, as she continued, "And, I'm not entirely sure if my prowess is something that notable. I was but one of the many qualified healers out there. Besides, I am sure some of my students aren't particularly fond of me. Let's say my Healing I class is an interesting mix of individuals. Hard working though, I can say that for them, so I have no real reason to complain."

She smiled and gave a wave of her hand as she considered his explanation about wanting to settle down, be a positive influence on young kid's lives and not a fake athletic role model. "You're making yourself sound like an old man. Besides just because you were in athletics doesn't mean you couldn't be an authentic role model if that was your goal. In all honesty, you would have more power to be a 'role model' in the lime light than as a professor."

"Anyways, speaking of your current work," She added turning the conversation to something more work related-far safer of a subject she felt, anyways, "Salem technically doesn't have your class as a core course. I've been trying to think where that would translate over to the courses I took. Only our electives tend to overlap truly, and even then they aren't always named the same. I am fairly sure I still slip up when teaching and call my own classes the wrong thing for that matter."

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 pm
User Image

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn listened to her carefully, noting the brief temper she seemed to have undergone afterward, but chose not to say anything so the flash didn't escalate, but it seemed to fade quickly; so he chose not to even acknowledge it. "Hey, everyone has students that don't like t'em. I definitely had a few t'at didn't from the very beginning. But I also had some kids t'at are fond of me. It is all in the nature of the work," he said to her, shrugging his shoulder. He knew some of his kids didn't like him. The tone of their voices when they spoke to him, or even the absence of words in general.

"And I've noticed a few talented wizards in my class. Boy named Jeremy Long. I tell yuh one thin', t'e boy will be an impressive wizard one day. Doin' wandless as a fourt' year...and wit' ease as well. Truly impressive. T'at is only one of them, but t'ere is a few, but none stood out as much as he did," he admitted to her. The boy was one of his favorite students, just because he had reminded him of himself back in the day. But it was different because the boy was a Slytherin. "All of my older kids seem to work hard. Had a few impress me as well. A seventh year even found a flaw in my lesson plan that I completely overlooked...well...last term I mean. I've found that when teaching, you learn just as much from the students as they do from you."

He looked around the room to see what was going on, but nothing really exciting was really happening at that moment. It would be quite a boring party without the company of Christina. That's when she told him he was making himself seem like an old man. "Not always true actually. Because when you try to be a positive role model in athletics, the media seems to always try to twist it to their liking. They focus on everything negative you do. It's a trap that is extremely hard to get out of," he said to her with another shrug of the shoulders. He actually has seen some professors influence their kids more than athletes. The older kids seem to come to the realization that athletes aren't the best role models a little bit more.

She shifted the talk to a more work related subject, which was fine. He didn't mind talking right now. He wanted to escape the boring atmosphere of this party. "I'm not entirely sure what it translates to in t'e American educational system, mainly because I'm not familiar wit' your system, but I teach many variety of spells. T'ere doesn't seem to be a true subject it follows. Very widespread. A lot of t'em have everyday usage, t'en ot'ers can get you out of sticky situations, t'en others can even save you. Charms is just a widespread subject I suppose. It kind of teaches many subjects at one time," he explained, not really knowing another way to put it. It was hard to pinpoint what exactly his course is for, mainly because it is so widespread. It did teach the basics of spells and what not, but he didn't teach the lower grades; so he didn't teach that section.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:31 pm
User Image
Metamorphagus

--- --- ---

"I've never actually concerned myself much on whether I was well liked or not. Like I said they work hard despite being an interesting mix, I have no complaints," She said with a smile. "They'll be, also, in your class next year, so you can share the joy of having that group. I remember a couple of them mentioned that charms was one of their best subjects. So at least you'll have a few hardworking students who seem confident in your subject, regardless of personality. Besides, my job isn't to necessarily be liked but to teach."

She leaned forward her chin on her hand and said, "I actually only have three fourth years in my class this year. Small class but hardworking. I didn't get the pleasure of meeting Mr. Long-he isn't taking my course. But, I remember taking Wandless Magic, I did average in the end in the class. It isn't exactly an easy subject to master."

"As for how your class translates to my class I would assume some of the spells were taught in both our Enchantmant and Incantations courses," She continued, "I guess sometime I'll just have to look over your lesson plans myself to figure out that mystery, then."

Finally acknowledging what he said about being a role model in the lime light and that the media tended to twist things to their liking focusing on everything negative you do. "Isn't that just most people in general?" She said with a light laugh, "I mean, twisting things to one own's liking. And, don't do negative things or at least make sure you don't get caught doing them if that is your concern. Honestly, if you are only worried about the media twisting what you actually do, there shouldn't be much to be concerned about. We all are responsible for our own actions. It is the nature to twist things you can't change or help I'd really be concerned about."

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:33 am
User Image

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He shrugged his shoulders, keeping a polite smile on his face. He did find it hard to believe that she did not care at all about whether or not the students liked her or not. But maybe it stood true for her. He had no idea, but despite how much Bréanainn didn't care about what others thought of him, he always had the small part of him that did indeed actually want to know what another person thought of him. But then again, that part of him was so small that it never ruled his decision-making. He solemnly nodded as she spoke, listening to every word, but at the same time, not speaking one either. His silence shouldn't be really taken as an insult, but rather a compliment. It showed how much he was paying attention, and for once, he was paying close attention. He definitely saw where she was coming from on the first point.

"I do have a question though. Do you by any chance have a boy named Robin in your class do you?" he asked Christina, not really meaning anything by it. The boy was actually related to him, but of course, the boy didn't know that, because Conri was related to the man that let go of the boy. He still to this day felt bad, but Cadoc refused to let him say anything about him, blabbering on about how he'll meet with the boy someday. He never knew if there was truth behind that though.

"And I guess," he said, quickly referring back to human nature, but without changing the subject again so quickly. He wanted to actually see how the boy was doing.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:30 am
User Image
Metamorphagus

--- --- ---

"Robin?" She asked with a pause and a raised brow. The question seemed to come out of nowhere. She quickly said, "I only ever use my student's last names when I address them. Habit, probably... give me a second and let me think over my student roster for a moment, it isn't like I have a huge class list since I am an elective."

Frowning slightly, her brow creasing, she tapped the table as she thought on her list, "There's a Robin Theodore Gibbs in my third year class which is my largest class. Ah, yeah, he introduced himself as a Robin Gibbs but said he went by 'Theo', Was taking my class because of its usefulness and feels out of the core subjects transfiguration is his strongest. He's a Gryffindor. Not what I would consider one of my best students at the subject, but definitely not one of my worst. Does that sound accurate? He's a thrid year. I actually have quite a few of them. Honestly it was the third years who I asked for the most of an introduction. It seemed kind of pointless to bother them with much beyond names and houses and a bit to know where they were in understanding of the subject-a lot of students don't like lengthy introductions by their later years, even with a new professor."

"Why would you want to know? I mean you'll have him next year. If there is any negative rumors surrounding his attitude and performance it would surprise me, beyond his failure to turn in homework the second week of classes, he isn't a bad kid," She said. "He is respectful and is doing decently in the class academically so far. Doesn't really stand out one way or another. Then again, that class is fairly large and I have two students who stick out far more as they have some academic rivalry they decided to use my class for. Gets them to do their homework and they are academically at the moment some of the best students in that class though. Easy to get lost in the group with that dynamic going on..."

She trailed off with a raised brow. If it was indeed Mr. Gibbs he was asking about, she had trouble to see why Professor Conri would be interested in him. He didn't strike her as a particularly problematic student to have and thus she couldn't imagine that many negative rumors or horror stories floating around for being a professor of him-which she assumed was his concern. He was going to have the third years, next years to teach.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:37 am
OBSESSION, IT TAKES CONTROL
OBSESSION, IT EATS ME WHOLE
I CAN'T SAY THE WORDS OUT LOUD
SO IN A RHYME I WROTE YOU DOWN
NOW YOU'LL LIVE THROUGH THE AGES
I CAN FEEL YOUR PULSE IN THE PAGES
I HAVE WRITTEN YOU DOWN
NOW YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER

User Image
MADAM GERMAINE DYAN UMBER
FORMER HUFFLEPUFF
MUGGLEBORN
company- Gabriel
location- Charity Gala
reading- The Last Policeman
wearing- this had to be hemmed, you know

Germaine didn't really do much but smile and stare with great interest as he hurried to clean up his face. He still missed a spot or two, of course, and maybe if she had averted her eyes he would have had better luck with the whole thing, but she was being slightly shameless and stared anyways. "Um-" and now she was trying hard not to at least giggle, "You almost got all of it. Good job. Brow, under your chin," she said quickly, and was struck yet again by the difference in heights, since she had to practically crane her neck back to even properly examine his face.

She shrugged somewhat self consciously. "I usually wouldn't- be here, that is, I'm not really one for things like this... And they usually are. Dreadfully boring." She cringed a little at the thought of what she would be doing if she had no one to talk to. Probably watching wealthy people stab each other in the back. Maybe literally."But, I thought I should get out and do something, and the library can survive one night without me... I left my cat on patrol. He's good about chasing students out when they're not supposed to be there." Still, she was probably going to have to make sure nothing was missing when she got back, especially from the Restricted Section... ugh. What was it with students and always wanting to go in there? Maybe it was just because they called it the Restricted Section. The name was probably too much temptation for the average teenager.

"Oh. Thank you," she said with a faint blush, and a jolt of triumph, because he thought she looked stunning and she had actually let her hair down tonight and fixed it to not be a rat's nest and put on some makeup. It was just nice, knowing that someone appreciated it. "You look very..." Searching for appropriate word, searching for appropriate word.... "Dapper." she said, and grinned. "How good are the pastries?" She took one herself.

WITHOUT LIBRARIANS, WHAT DO WE HAVE? NO PAST AND NO FUTURE.

Essy ze Ninja

((it's cool Essy-
I feel you about Star Wars))

AND ALL THE WORLD WILL READ YOU
AND YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER
IN EYES NOT YET CREATED
ON TONGUES THAT ARE NOT BORN
I HAVE WRITTEN YOU DOWN
THE VIRTUE IS IN THE VERSE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:49 pm
𝕲𝔞𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔩 ♞ 𝕸𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔢
𝔓ureblood, 𝔖lytherin 𝔄lumni
ℌead 𝔬f ℑmproper 𝔘se 𝔬f 𝔐agic

User Image

Is she staring? He blinked. Well she hasn't blinked so she must be staring? Is there rubbish still on my face? Or did she blink when I blink? Did I miss it? Merlin's bloody b— Gabriel quieted his thoughts and straightened his neck tie, it was hard to fight off the burning swell in his cheeks. ”Oh, uh..” he diverted his gaze, shuffled awkwardly around to grab another napkin and dab, smear, wipe, and scrub at his features. He resumed his natural stance and gave a sheepish smile. ”There, I think that did it.” And it had, but it couldn't clean away the embarrassment, anyway.

”Neither am I,” he admitted. He had no real reason or desire to be here, or at least he didn't until now. His brow had risen promptly with curiosity. ”Aah, so you're a cat person? Good to know; kneazle or no?” He had several felines as a child, mostly owls, but never a dog. He couldn't even remember why. It might have seemed like a strange question to ask at a strange moment, but the thought was out of his mouth before it ever reached his mind.

His chuckle ensued at her compliment. ”Why thank you,” he paused. It was time for a witty comment but he spent so long trying to think of one that the moment had come and gone. ”Well...” He scratched the back of his head. (What? It wasn't like he was going to admit it!) Thankfully, Germaine had quipped up with a change of topic, whether it was coincidental or pity, he hadn't yet decided. ”Well, it certainly makes a better dessert than it does a mask, I can tell you that,” he nodded matter-of-fact.

[OOC:]

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 6’1” ♞ Weight: 159lbs ♞ Age: 30
The Dining Area with Germaine
╚═══════════════════╝

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:54 am
User Image

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn awaited her answer to his question, which did seem to catch her off guard, but he needed to know whether or not his nephew was actually at Hogwarts or not. And if he was, Bréanainn would have to mentally prepare himself because he couldn't give the slightest hint to the poor boy that they were related. "Yes, very accurate. No, I'm a friend of his family. Just wanted to know if he would be joinin' me next year," he said, bending the truth, but still telling the truth. He was a friend of the boy's family, but he was also a brother of the boy's real family as well. "I haven't gotten to see t'e boy in a long time t'ough because he moved; so it will be cool to see him again," he said to her, bending the truth once again. He didn't want to lie to her; so he found his way around that. Christina didn't need to know the whole truth behind everything.

"I never t'ought the boy would ever choose Healing though. Just never pictured the boy doing t'at," he admitted to her, catching himself. "There's nothing wrong with him being there t'ough. It is good to see him at least trying to perform in school," he said to her, a polite smile on his face. He noticed that it was starting to get a little late. The party would be ending soon unfortunately.

"But really...enough of t'at. Did you enjoy your first year as a professor? Term is almost over; so figured I'd ask," he said to Christina, engaging her with small talk at this point. He was starting to run out of things to say, but she seemed to be able to talk; so he would let her run the conversation after her answer.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:52 am
User Image
Metamorphagus

--- --- ---

"You said you played quidditch internationally: if you have I'm sure you've been hit by a bludger a couple times in your life. Think about that feeling for a moment and tell me how at least basic healing shouldn't be learned," she said with a chuckle, deciding not to really question the matter or story about having been a family friend. It wasn't her business to meddle. If she didn't want people to pry than she would respect other's privacy as well. Then again, she didn't exactly think it was likely Bréanainn was hiding the fact he had a parent who was a werewolf and a sibling who is one.

"Anyways, just don't show him any favoritism because you knew him when he was in diapers or something," Chrissy added. "You'll just get your other students to resent you and him..." She paused and her eyes flashed pink quickly almost as if she realized what she had just said and quickly added, "Well, you've been a professor longer than I. I shouldn't be lecturing you about things. It's rude. You by far should know more about teaching than I do."

Still smiling she began to answer him about her year as a professor and her eyes returned to blue, the pink fading with her brief embarrassment. "I really did enjoy my year so far. My students give me no real reason to complain. They're a good group. If I was able to get a professor to take over one class topic each year I would be happier than a clam for as long as I teach. Then again, that was where I was stuck working many times when I was a healer. Personal feelings aside about the branch, I am probably more knowledgeable about finer details of it than many."

"As long as the governors don't decide to sack me, I plan on continuing as professor. I seriously wouldn't bother someone to take that one lesson plan off the table of mine," She half joked before ending her statement more seriously. "I very much hope to take this on long term. After all, I did buy a house a ways out of Hogsmeade, not exactly a small investment."

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:13 pm
OBSESSION, IT TAKES CONTROL
OBSESSION, IT EATS ME WHOLE
I CAN'T SAY THE WORDS OUT LOUD
SO IN A RHYME I WROTE YOU DOWN
NOW YOU'LL LIVE THROUGH THE AGES
I CAN FEEL YOUR PULSE IN THE PAGES
I HAVE WRITTEN YOU DOWN

User Image
MADAM GERMAINE DYAN UMBER
FORMER HUFFLEPUFF
MUGGLEBORN
company- Gabriel
location- Charity Gala
reading- The Last Policeman
wearing- this had to be hemmed, you know

Germaine was quick to reassure him, "It did," and then sort of admire the blush in his cheeks until he asked a question. She brightened a little at mention of being a cat person. "Oh, yes! We always had cats, growing up. Couldn't really have a dog in a flat, at least not a very big dog." She supposed they could have had a little terrier, or something small, but who would have been taking it out for walks? Anyways, it wasn't like it really mattered now. "He's just a regular cat," she said fondly, thinking of Sir, who was despite his occasional grumpiness and habit of looking down his whiskered nose at her, typically a very well mannered cat.

She laughed and took a bit of the pastry, a little more timidly than she would have normally because eating food while people watched always felt a bit strange. After all, you never knew if you ate obnoxiously until someone was looking at you with a horrified gaze, did you? Luckily, the pastry actually tasted good, because then she didn't to fake liking it while wondering if she could spit into a napkin with no one noticing. After she had swallowed, she glanced at him again. "It wasn't that bad of a mask," she teased. "Anyways, better me seeing it than some snob." she spoke more frankly than she normally did, but it was true and she wasn't one for little polite lies, either, unless they were really, really necessary. Then she blushed faintly herself. What had she meant by that, exactly? It wasn't as if they were technically, together, well, they weren't exactly not together... "How is your work?" she asked. "Anything interesting lately?"

WITHOUT LIBRARIANS, WHAT DO WE HAVE? NO PAST AND NO FUTURE.

Essy ze Ninja

AND YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER
IN EYES NOT YET CREATED
ON TONGUES THAT ARE NOT BORN
I HAVE WRITTEN YOU DOWN
THE VIRTUE IS IN THE VERSE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker