Reply Herds
(Public) The DreamWalker Herd - OPEN! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:48 am
Those are probably the neatest looking pronghorn's ever. Will have to poke Jet to see if we can find a place in the herd for them.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:29 am
mindsend
I have a couple familiars that really seem to fit the theme of the herd, being completely based on dreams... But I don't really know what their roles would be.

User ImageUser Image

They're good people, and would make good messengers and such, but it really isn't too too necessary in a herd that lives in isolation from most other herds for most of the year... But might be useful within the herd? Or have some other job within it?

They are awesome looking!

Familiars are actually given a bit more freedom in the herd then typical member's - familiars, like wildlife, don't have to be prayed into reality in order to exist - they are not the Oneiroi's chosen and are not held to the same standard of behavior as a Soquili..but they are seen as closer to the dreamworld because of that and so can come and go with greater freedom's. Familiars are seen as 'helpers' sent by the Oneiroi and so if the herd needs something they are capable of wandering off into the dreamworld beyond the herds territory to fetch it without there being a big fuss about it.

Since they are Pronghorns they are probably able to negotiate the Mountain Pass earlier and later in the seasons then Soquili are..so they could fetch herbs for the Oracles if needed from lower down the mountain, or they could be scouts for the Champions helping to keep an eye out for dangerous dream creatures ... there's quite a bit of room for them to do different tasks really =-) Messengers within the herd are a possibility too, the Oracles,Champions etc are always talking to one another but can't always get away from their tasks to deliver a message or warning or what have you.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:59 am
She-Ra of Etheria
JetAlmeara

Awesome! That sounds like a good concept for me: Lucid is headstrong and stubborn, somewhat hyperaware of his surroundings, so he'd be pretty good at spotting herbs and traveling through dangerous and sometimes visualized as nearly impossible areas since when there's a will there's a way.

Figment meanwhile would likely stay mostly within the herd territories unless required to or during periods where all can travel. She's the sort who'd go in and out of the fog feeling at home, and would make a good scout in the fog filled land for when dangerous dream creatures break in, hiding easily in the shadows and fog. And with the natural speed of pronghorns, they'd both be pretty quick about it

Plus, both could likely scare the bajeezus out of anyone who doesn't know the two are sweethearts. I mean... Inky shadows with glowing white eyes and such. Plus any of their kids would likely at least START with this herd concept as part of their background (And since I plan to breed them after I breed my next set of Peacondors, I could always stick one or two of the five resulting kids away for an in-herd raffle and the rest can then be given away the rest of the way.

I'll get to working on their official submission form shortly. I just gotta finish what I'm doing elsewhere first.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:21 am
Hooray for the first familiars to be a part of the herd. I'm also super excited that you plan to breed them at some point, I would kill for a baby pronghorn that looks like these (I'm kidding...somewhat lol). I also think they make an interesting addition to the herd, since those members who are new might easily mistake them for nightmare creatures based purely on their looks and it could prove to be very interesting indeed. They could come across one of them, assume they were nightmares, freak out about it and try to fight them off, while the poor pronghorn is left trying to explain that it's not a nightmare, whether the Soquili will listen to them or think they are just trying to manipulate them into letting them stay in the herd lands would be up to those involved...yes I like that idea.  

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:04 pm
Added a Familiar Rank & A summary of the Spring festival which you can find Here  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:13 pm
I want to join!
Soquili Familiar - Lucid
Player - Mindsend
Position Wanted - The Blessed
SoquiliFamiliar 's Personality - Stubborn and headstrong, is hyperaware of the world around him, quick to act, and swift yet steady on his hooves. He also has a habit of investigating his environment and manipulating his private space compulsively when at rest. He's a sweet tempered individual without an ounce of fear, often talking with or two people while poking around his surroundings.

I want to join!
Soquili Familiar - Figment
Player - Mindsend
Position Wanted - The Blessed
SoquiliFamiliar 's Personality - A sweet, shy doe who fades in and out of vision slightly, even more shadowy in appearance than her mate, Lucid. She often uses her inky shadows, partial flickering translucency, and fog of her home or the dead of night to her advantage, hiding quitely only to flee and alert others of danger as a scout, using her speed as an additional advantage.

SoquiliFamiliar 's backstory -
As often happens even to this day with newer members of the herd not yet introduced to them, the story of Lucid and Figment's involvement in the DreamWalkers started off with a misunderstanding: the shadowy pronghorn couple were mistaken for nightmares, lingering on the edges of the dream with eyes glowing bright in the fog as shadows rolled and licked off of them like flames and smoke. Though the gentle, timid nature of Figment and Lucid's stubbornness towards being chased from what they considered their home, the two left offerings, and talked to the members from a safe distance, learning from them until they were finally welcomed to the herd, safe with their protection and willing to help.

Not that their appearance and silent passage has yet to stop startling those in their territory.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:21 pm
JetAlmeara

@Mew Looks like She-ra beat me to you! Ramiel & Drifa are available for your ponies whenever you'd like as well.

She-Ra of Etheria
Mew, if you wanted to do a join type RP with any of them then I could certainly throw Phasianidae at them. She could find them once they had entered the herd lands and it could go from there.

Well, it can either be a join RP, or possibly some sort of "training" RP? Where they learn of their roles?
Especially with the Spring Festival and the Oracles. Maybe Firesong and Drifa?
I'm really up for anything... I just want to get some muse for those of my herd who have been gathering dust.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:27 am
Mewsings of An Angel
JetAlmeara

@Mew Looks like She-ra beat me to you! Ramiel & Drifa are available for your ponies whenever you'd like as well.

She-Ra of Etheria
Mew, if you wanted to do a join type RP with any of them then I could certainly throw Phasianidae at them. She could find them once they had entered the herd lands and it could go from there.

Well, it can either be a join RP, or possibly some sort of "training" RP? Where they learn of their roles?
Especially with the Spring Festival and the Oracles. Maybe Firesong and Drifa?
I'm really up for anything... I just want to get some muse for those of my herd who have been gathering dust.

Sure, I'm up for Drifa and Firesong, did you want me to start something or did you have a starting idea?  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:33 pm
Mewsings of An Angel

No idea why I didn't get this notification, but better late than never. Anyways, I could have Pha getting either Aurora ready for her role as Shepard or she can work with Amit'zeru with his Shaman duties.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:26 pm
I want to join!
Soquili - Magellanic & Brightstar - Bonded Cert
Player - Roarie Desu
Position Wanted - Champion
Soquili's Personality - Llanic has always been been a natural owl with an aloof and sometimes frantic nature. Historically he's spent more time staring up at the stars than interacting with others. He's never felt like he fit and has become a mystery to most of those that know him. Quiet, strong and brooding would describe him best. Only Bright Star seems to understand him and they're a boon to each other. (In my head I see him as a dark fea knight of fairy tales and legends.)
Soquili's backstory - I can see Llanic coming though the pass in Spring, meeting the herd, learning of their customs and then it all just rather clicking for him. 'I was a dream. I was lost and this is where I belong.' It's funny because I assumed Llanic would never open up and just be an aloof shadow of a character forever. The herd would be very good for him and he'd accept the concepts rather readily since he already feels so disconnected from others in the outside world. This is proven from the fact that he had a fling that resulted in children, but he's not quite sure that was real.  

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:12 am
Roarie Desu
I want to join!
Soquili - Magellanic & Brightstar - Bonded Cert
Player - Roarie Desu
Position Wanted - Champion
Soquili's Personality - Llanic has always been been a natural owl with an aloof and sometimes frantic nature. Historically he's spent more time staring up at the stars than interacting with others. He's never felt like he fit in has becoming a mystery to most of those that know him. Quiet, strong and brooding would describe him best. Only Bright Star seems to understand him and they're a boon to each other. (In my head I see him as a dark fea knight of fairy tales and legends.)
Soquili's backstory - I can see Llanic coming though the pass in Spring, meeting the herd, learning of their customs and then then it all just rather clicking for him. 'I was a dream. I was lost and this is where I belong.' It's funny because I assumed Llanic would never open up and just be an aloof shadow of a character forever. The herd would be very good for him and he'd accept the concepts rather readily since he already feels so disconnected from others in the outside world. This is proven from the fact that he had a fling that resulted in children, but he's not quite sure that was real.

He seems like a great fit for the herd! And Ramiel is always in need of more champions, let me know if you want to RP any of his joining or if you would rather just plot it out for now I'm game for either really =-)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:50 am
JetAlmeara

He seems like a great fit for the herd! And Ramiel is always in need of more champions, let me know if you want to RP any of his joining or if you would rather just plot it out for now I'm game for either really =-)

I wouldn't mind RP if you want. Test out Llanic. As long as you don't mind my hectic life at the moment that makes plots start and stop.

Actually I've been meaning to talk to you about a few plot bunnies Jet. Chesh gave you babies in my lines.

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:57 am
Roarie Desu
JetAlmeara

I wouldn't mind RP if you want. Test out Llanic. As long as you don't mind my hectic life at the moment that makes plots start and stop.

Actually I've been meaning to talk to you about a few plot bunnies Jet. Chesh gave you babies in my lines.

lol Hectic life seems to be the norm for everyone right now. I keep hoping it will settle down but alas..not yet. I'm always up for RP and plotting though.

I know we have some that are related yes! You can hit me up in a PM or AIM @ JetAlmeara for your plot bunnies.

As for Llanic did you want to RP him coming through the pass or skip to the point where the herd views him as real?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:18 pm
Yay more members. Any of my members are open for RP as well.  

She-Ra of Etheria

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:04 pm
JetAlmeara

I'd like to pull my members out of the herd, as I don't feel they ICly fit any longer (and haven't done any growth in the herd).
I hope this is alright.
They can be plotted as passing through, or having never been there at all.
Sorry. sad  
Herds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces