Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Gala Raffle Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:10 pm
User Image

The line up to for a chance to win a few tickets to the Quidditch World Cup has really gotten quite lengthy after the blonde purchased a raffle ticket. Perhaps buying another wouldn’t do any harm. After all, she could spear two galleons. Amanda opened her purse and scavenged through it once again to find her wallet. I’m sure I can get Katie to pay me for this, she thought, though her sister was incredibly stubborn and didn’t exactly agree to paying for a raffle ticket beforehand. Plus, the younger woman did make more money than her older sister. “Could I have another ticket, please?” she asked, handing over the two galleons. An unrecognizable voice caused Amanda’s blue eyes to look up at the man standing next to her. “Yes, I am, actually,” she answered, returning his smile with a small one of her own. “England of course,” she said, her thick English accent chiming as she spoke. “What about you?”

((OOC: outfit in picture, and it’s fixed. I didn’t realize her old school uniform was in the link until now lol))

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:10 pm
x.User ImageUser Image
    ┗●xxI'M x STILL x ALIVE x xI'M x STILL x ALIVE XXXXXXXXX
xxxx.xxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ■ ♥ ■
xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx come fire xxxxxx come fire
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxXxXX.[▣ ▣ ▣X.LET IT BURN AND LOVE COME - - -
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxXxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxXxXX. racing through xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxI ▪ C A N N O T ▪ A P O L O G I Z E ▪ N O ▪ O H ▪ O H X

Ned was debating how many tickets to buy, and eventually settled on the magic number. "Seven," she said definitively, smiling politely. She wasn't terribly interested in any of the prizes, but it was for the hospital. It was a good cause, and she could always give anything she won to one of her siblings. She had enough, she almost laughed. Her smile quirked up a little at the corners as she thought about the sheer size of the Heist clan, as it was commonly referred to. She laid out her Galleons, hoping she didn't look like she was trying to flaunt the fact that she had money to spend. She didn't exactly have many other excuses to spend it anyways. The partying scene had rapidly grown boring, and she'd probably been to nearly every tourist and local attraction in at least England by now.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxXxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxXxXX. racing through xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxI ▪ C A N N O T ▪ A P O L O G I Z E ▪ N O ▪ O H ▪ O H X

Feeling: -Happy- || Doing: -Purchasing Tickets- || At: -Charity Gala-
With: -No one- || Loving: -None-
OOC: -lalala-

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:41 pm
mc2
User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRobert Carlson Avery I
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPureblood Former Slytherin
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHead of the Avery Clan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJane Cathaline Avery
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPureblood Former Slytherin
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSocialite
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDressed in Royal Blue
Cara Jane League
Head of the Obliviator Office
Pureblood Former Slytherin
Wife of Dr. Sinclair League and mother of two
Dressed in Green

THE HEAD OF THE AVERY CLAN
User ImageCara had to admit she was slightly jealous her husband had managed to escape her parents, who she had been left with her parents, though she mostly tuned them out, especially her mother as she apparently hadn't gotten over the previous Christmas where her family hadn't returned to the main home, and of course there was the issue of where her husband and her had neglected to mention the existence of their second child and perpetuated the lie for eleven years. Of course was it really a lie if they never said anything in the first place? Besides if Cathy had been a squib like they had thought, wouldn't it be less shameful for the family if she wasn't mentioned? She barely noticed that they had arrived at the raffle table where her father was buying tickets.

"I'd like to purchase ten tickets for the raffle," Robert Avery the First was saying.

Cara raised a brow, not particularly phased by the 20 Gallons her father casually paid. She was half surprised he hadn't purchased more, then again, it wasn't like he couldn't purchase any of the prizes if the fancy hit him. He probably would just donate to the cause sometime later for showing good effort. She half wondered if it dawned on him that Acacia's husband was now working at St. Mungo's.

"What is he going to do with any of that if he actually wins, anyways?" Cara muttered to her mother. "And where is Robert? He's at the main manor now..."

"Previously preoccupied," Jane answered her youngest daughter, "Speaking of preoccupied where did that no-good husband of yours disappear to you."

"Haven't the foggiest," She answered with a practiced smile. "He won't be far."

"Of course," Jane sneered before she took the arm of her husband and said, "Are you done, darling?"

"Yes," Robert Avery the first said taking his ten tickets with a grim smile. "We can go to the dining area. I'm sure my favorite son in law will show back up soon enough."

Robert Avery has ticket numbers 16 - 25!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:43 pm
Essy ze Ninja

𝕸ιкнαιℓ 𝕶αмєиєv
                                                          я никому не уступлю

User Image

”Two tickets,” his voice held the distinct hint of an accent, though it was so bare and fleeting, it was hardly noticed in his English anymore. He quickly gestured a toss of four golden galleons, they callously rolled along the table and one nearly fell. Mikhail, however, either hadn't noticed or hadn't cared. Imperiously, he awaited those twin tickets. Even a small chance to win seats to the quidditch cup was too much for him to pass up, it was the only reason he decided to attend, after all. (Well, maybe not entirely.) His cousin, Nadya, was a healer for St. Mungos, and of course, had spurned him to make an appearance. Of course she isn't here yet, he sighed and milled around aimlessly.

Nadya should have been here, not him. Or Alek, or anyone but him. He stifled another long and irritable sigh as he meandered along and out of the way of those in pursuit of acclaiming their own tickets. Still, he couldn't deny the opportunity to further prove himself to his family and their ambitions. If he had a chance to take tonight, he'd do so gladly... But until then, he needed to make the most out of this. ”Hoping for a chance at the world cup?” He smiled handsomely. Her hair was neat, blonde and long; he couldn't help but notice this 'don't ******** with me attitude,' and it only intrigued him more. He noticed her as one of the first to purchase a ticket, and the excitement that came soon there after. ”Me too.” He flashed his own tickets that were scrunched up in his hand and then gave another small smile. "Which team do you root for?"

XXXXXXXXXX XXXXX Nineteen Years
                                                                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX Punainen Alumni
                                                                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX Gala Raffle

kiska166

Mikhail Kamenev has ticket numbers 26 & 27!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:45 pm
Maiya Kajuji
User Image

Song | Outfit

Jane walked up toward the raffle with a smile gently on her face. She had left Darcy in the Ballroom for a moment to come over. So far the night was more enjoyable and she was about to make it better for herself. She didn't pay much attention to the people around her but simply walked up and said, "I'll take twenty-five please." Being rich really did have it's benefits. She honestly didn't care too much about the prizes she might win but more about helping...well maybe she cared a bit about the prizes anyway.

User ImageXXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Jane Doyle has ticket numbers 28 - 52!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:47 pm
mc2
User Image
Professor Christina Anna Dechering "Chrissy"
24, American, Healing Professor at Hogwarts
Metamorphagus
Salem Graduate: Former Chameleon Dorm Member
Wearing: Yellow with Brunette Hair

--- --- ---

Christina Dechering joined the group around the table for purchasing tickets to the raffle. She held a content smile and wondered as she spotted some of the older couples or individuals if any of them had children in any of her classes. She tried to catch any of the names she heard but didn't, and couldn't note any obvious family resemblances. Chrissy half wished she had forced her sister to come with her to the table. Her sister had way better hearing than her-well most individuals to tell the truth-one of those perks of being a werewolf, Chrissy supposed. Of course sharper night vision and better hearing hardly seemed like a good trade off for the headaches of actually being a werewolf, not that Sophie actually chose the path for herself, much as their father hadn't.

Holding her smile she thought of the chance to win the grand prize whistfully and when she reached the table and was asked how many tickets she said her American accent and slight southern drawl contrasting against the British accents around her, now glad she had left her sister in the dining area, "I'll take three tickets, please." Chrissy was confident that her sister would start some ridiculous lecture about wasting money and that she was essentially gambling and was more than likely going to lose. She flashed a smile as she took the tickets, crossing her fingers behind her back for luck.

Christina Dechering has ticket numbers 53 - 55!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:48 pm
kiska166
User Image

The line up to for a chance to win a few tickets to the Quidditch World Cup has really gotten quite lengthy after the blonde purchased a raffle ticket. Perhaps buying another wouldn’t do any harm. After all, she could spear two galleons. Amanda opened her purse and scavenged through it once again to find her wallet. I’m sure I can get Katie to pay me for this, she thought, though her sister was incredibly stubborn and didn’t exactly agree to paying for a raffle ticket beforehand. Plus, the younger woman did make more money than her older sister. “Could I have another ticket, please?” she asked, handing over the two galleons. An unrecognizable voice caused Amanda’s blue eyes to look up at the man standing next to her. “Yes, I am, actually,” she answered, returning his smile with a small one of her own. “England of course,” she said, her thick English accent chiming as she spoke. “What about you?”

((OOC: outfit in picture, and it’s fixed. I didn’t realize her old school uniform was in the link until now lol))

Essy ze Ninja

Amanda Davis has ticket number 56!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:50 pm
The Forgotten Weasley
x.User ImageUser Image

Ned was debating how many tickets to buy, and eventually settled on the magic number. "Seven," she said definitively, smiling politely. She wasn't terribly interested in any of the prizes, but it was for the hospital. It was a good cause, and she could always give anything she won to one of her siblings. She had enough, she almost laughed. Her smile quirked up a little at the corners as she thought about the sheer size of the Heist clan, as it was commonly referred to. She laid out her Galleons, hoping she didn't look like she was trying to flaunt the fact that she had money to spend. She didn't exactly have many other excuses to spend it anyways. The partying scene had rapidly grown boring, and she'd probably been to nearly every tourist and local attraction in at least England by now.

Feeling: -Happy- || Doing: -Purchasing Tickets- || At: -Charity Gala-
With: -No one- || Loving: -None-
OOC: -lalala-

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Elunid Heist has ticket numbers 57 - 63!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:46 pm

𝕸ιкнαιℓ 𝕶αмєиєv
                                                          я никому не уступлю

User Image

A low rumble of laughter was his initial reaction, it only lasted a small moment though. ”The international team, then?” His brow provoked the question that clouded his blue-green eyes. ”Personally, I fancy the Falmouth Falcons; don't win often, but their games are always interesting...” Mikhail trailed off; a distant look in his gaze. It was no wonder the games were interesting, the team was known for its brutal tactics and reckless negligence. ”I'm Mikhail, by the way,” he nodded shortly, glancing down at her from his towering height. He was sinewy though, thin, and it was prominent in the structure of his cheekbones. Subconsciously, his jowls ground and teeth grit; a damned nervous habit he never really broke.

”I... hope I didn't bother you.” He blinked; an arrogant part of him wanted to scoff at himself. But, he felt as much like an outsider know as he had when he first left the Motherland. ”Everyone else seems,” he paused and glanced away, brow cocked and a foul word on the tip of his tongue that he had to restrain. ”Well,” he hushed his voice down to a whisper. ”They all seem a bit like old gits, don't they?” His long years in Britain had nearly hidden his rough foreign accent but the striking curiosity was earnest in his straight faced countenance. He couldn't help but let his gaze wander then; roam around the raffle booth and then out amongst the dance floor, and then further on to the dining section. ”Suppose I should've expected it, in a place like this,” he shrugged.

He couldn't decide, just then, if he had just shoved his boot in his mouth or if she might even enjoy his humor. Merlin's sake, wouldn't it be just his luck if the pretty little blonde happened to be a healer, or a daughter of a healer, how bloody perfect.

XXXXXXXXXX XXXXX Nineteen Years
                                                                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX Punainen Alumni
                                                                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX Gala Raffle

kiska166

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:01 pm
User Image

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋
Charm's Professor||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

The charm's professor made his way towards the raffle ticket sales table, a small smile finding it's way onto his face. What made him happy was the first prize and that was a trip to the Quidditch World Cup. He of course was going to attend again just like he did every single time it comes around, but whose to say that he was going to try to get a free one. Well...virtually free. It costed a lot more than a few galleons at least to go. But a part of him wanted to give someone else a chance to get it, speaking that being the ex-professional he was allowed him to easily pay for the trip. But the greedy side of him said to go ahead anyway. Maybe the greedy side won, but the man decided to buy tickets when it was his turn. "Five Tickets please" he said to the ticket salesperson. He handed over the necessary galleons before receiving his tickets. When he got them, he turned around. He had heard an American accent not too long ago, and quite frankly, he wanted to know where it came from. And when his eyes set on the surrounding area, he instantly knew where it came from. It came from another professor at Hogwarts actually. He had seen her at the opening feast. She was rather recognizable after all. She was different...something about her just had American written all over it, but he couldn't place. Maybe posture, physique...he didn't know, but he had actually wanted to talk to the woman ever since the Opening feast yet did not get the chance to. He made his way over to him.

" 'Ello, you must be Christina correct? I recognize you from Hogwarts I t'ink. Correct me if I'm wrong to save me t'e later embarrassment," he said to the woman, laughing a bit. He hoped she was quite frankly, because if she wasn't, he very well could die...if it were possible. The Irishmen was confident but to get such a thing wrong would drop it a little bit. "But eit'er way, I'm Brèanainn, Charm's professor for t'e upperclassmen. Nice to meet you."

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:47 pm
User Image
Metamorphagus

--- --- ---

Christina turned when she heard someone ask about her by first name. She turned and listened as Bréanainn said he thought he recognized her from Hogwarts. Raising a brow she realized even before he said what subject that he taught that he was a fellow professor. She smiled and said, "I'm half surprised you actually are able to recognize me. It isn't like I don't change my hair at the very least on an almost daily basis. But, yes, if it is Christina Dechering you are looking for that would be me."

"We're colleagues," She said offering a hand to shake. "I actually prefer Chrissy, I'm the healing professor they hired this year. We would have students that overlap some. Hopefully, you haven't heard anything negative in regards to me. So, what brought you here?" In a way it was nice to run into a fellow professor. She had been so busy with getting the ropes of being a professor down and also checking in on her sister regularly on the weekends that she hadn't gotten around to intermingling with any of her colleagues. She felt sort of guilty for it all things considered.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:18 am
User Image

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He listened to the woman speak, raising a brow when she had said something about changing her hair daily. Is she really t'at dedicated to dying her hair? he though to himself, not really understanding how one could take the time to do that. But it didn't really matter and he didn't really inquire about it. "Oh, your face is easily recognizable and I can pick out your voice pretty easily in t'is predominantly British crowd he said to her, laughing a bit. It was very true, speaking that one didn't see or even hear many Americans at these places. Usually American wizards were just like the muggle tourists.

"It is truly a pleasure Chrissy," he said smoothly and confidently, shaking her hand a little softer than he would shake another man'a hands. His mother always told him to shake a woman's hand a little softer. He never really knew why, but he just rolled with it. "Well, I've always been pretty active in charity work and have given tons of money. So one can say it is a moral obligation of mine to be here. How about you?" he said to her, making small conversation for now.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:16 pm
User Image
Metamorphagus

--- --- ---

"Is it? And, my original accent stood out even back at school and Salem and when I was working in New England," She said with a shrug as he shook her hand. She raised a brow slightly at his light handshake and shook it off without much more thought. She was used to a far more forward and firm handshake-it was how you showed confidence. Maybe that was just an American thing?

She listened to his explanation and said, "I'm the healing professor, and was previously a healer back in the States. It only makes sense that I would have an invested interest in supporting an event of this sort. And, a chance to win tickets to the World Cup, even though it has been ages since American has gotten close to even placing, was even more incentive. And I could drag my sister out to socialize more. She's working in Hogsmeade, but honestly, when she isn't working I think she just stays at the house and works on potions or baking. Works out for me because I always have a reliable potion maker for anything I need for class."

"I suppose you could consider this in some ways networking for me as well," She added. "It is only natural that some of my students will eventually find their way to St. Mungo's. I teach an elective course-either my students are pursuing the course because basic healing knowledge is always useful or they plan to go into the field. Or that is the general consensus. I have a few who don't quite fit that mold."

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:30 am
User Image

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

"It is really recognizable when you put it in a room full of that dull British accent t'ey all have. You're accent is a little more...exciting I think," he said to her, a casual smile on his face. He really actually liked the woman's accent, much more than any other here. Maybe he just enjoyed the foreign draw, but that was beside the point. He looked around to take in his surroundings a bit, hoping to familiarize himself with them, but he truly did not see anyone else he would rather speak to than Christina. It would've taken quite a bit to lure him away anyway.

"Healing, eh? T'at is very impressive. T'at is one trade t'at I never saw myself in," he admitted to her, shrugging his shoulder a bit at it. He couldn't imagine himself doing well with the whole healing thing, but then again, he was great with or without a wand. Maybe he would've been alright. "And I definitely can relate to wanting to go to t'e Quidditch World Cup. I go to it every time It comes around. T'ere is no better experience than playing in it t'ough, I can tell you t'at," he said to her, bringing up his Quidditch days, he was called up quite a bit of times to play for the Irish National team. It almost made him truly miss those days when he was signing autographs wherever he went, having fun everywhere. But then again, the problem was that most of the world knew his secrets before he himself did. That was one of the reasons why he stopped playing in what seemed to be the best stretch of his career. But hey, nothing like exiting at the top of the world.

"It must be nice to have your sister here wit' yuh. I couldn't get me brother out of me apartment long enough to come here. T'en again, he's always in his room. Says he's got much to do all t'e time. Truly don't know what in bloody h*** t'e man does really. But enough of t'at. Would you like to accompany me to t'e dining area? he asked the woman, a casual yet confident smile on his face.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:50 am
User Image
Metamorphagus

--- --- ---

"It's one of the many versions of the American accent," She said with a smile, "I hardly find it something that exciting or interesting."

Smiling she listened as he said healing was an impressive trade and then there was the comment about attending the Quidditch World Cup and there being no better experience than playing in it. Shaking her head she said, "I played seeker most of my years in Salem, honestly, I had originally planned to go that route, but the last year I decided to quit to focus on my WIT scores as I had decided being a healer would be better. The Captain about skinned me alive. I spent the last year in disguise whenever I knew I'd run into him. However, I think nothing can beat the feeling you have after helping heal someone or save their lives."

She shrugged politely and said, "Each to their own, right? And, I assure you my sister is not overly thrilled to be here. I had to blackmail her and threaten to bug her at the shop she worked in, looking like her spitting image and harass her. It wouldn't be that hard to do it-I used to do that to our parents as a kid whenever I was trying to get out of trouble." She chuckled and said, "But yes, we can going to the dining hall sounds great. You can meet her if you want. She'll probably still at the table where I last saw her."

With a nod she said as she took the lead to the dining area, "What position and team did you play for? What years?"

RedEagleEye007

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces