Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Masters Family Beach House Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:34 pm
xxx× × ×xxxM A S T E R SxxF A M I L YxxH O M Exxx× × ×xxx

User Image

Located in HARRIS, SCOTLAND

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:35 pm
xxxx× × ×xxxxRESIDENTSxxxx× × ×xxxx

xxxJAMES HAYDEN MASTERSxxx
Homeowner
Husband of Lyre Masters

xxxLYRE LYRIA MASTERSxxx
Homeowner
Wife of James Masters

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:35 pm
xxx× × ×xF A M I L YxxxH O M ExxxI N F O R M A T I O Nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxT H ExxxH O M Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × Connected to the Floo Network: Floo Address is 'Masters Home'
              × Newly wed, this home was the couple's dream, recently purchased as-is, with the furniture it'd been staged with.
              × There are a few rooms currently unused, but the plan is that they will eventually serve as nursery and bedroom for the children.

xxxT H ExxxP E T Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × James has a corgi named Gambit.
              × Lyre has a black cat named Loki.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:41 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Iт'š Cøмρłı¢αтeđ
                                                          Looking Rockin at Home with Dris
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Amused
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Might make a decent player out of the kid yet. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I, I, I, I ωαииα šee чøυ, чøυ, чøυ, чøυ ✯ ✯ ✯xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Tełłıи' мe т ħ α т т ħ α т т ħ α т ✯ ✯ ✯xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ g ø т ωħαт I и e e đ ✯ ✯ ✯xxxxxx
                                                          D ø, ρяeттч gıяł, đ ø и ' т š ρ e α κ ✯ ✯ ✯xxx
                                                          ════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJames sat back on his couch, watching with amusement as his godson raced around the living room, jumping around like he had springs in his feet, desperately trying to get high enough to catch the golden ball that was presently flying around the room. James had placed a charm on the ball so it wouldn't go higher than five feet, but that was still a bit high for the six year old boy. Well, he didn't want to make it too easy on the boy, right? Besides, every now and again he'd get clever and try to climb something to jump off it and pounce on the thing. It hadn't worked so far, but he'd gotten pretty close a couple times. "Just do me a favor, Dris, and don't pull a Harry Potter," he said, smirking in amusement, his eyes bright and playful. "Daddy Wyatt ever tell you how Harry caught his first ever snitch? Very first Quidditch match when he was in school, the thing flew aaaaaaaall the way down, almost to the ground, and he followed it, then stood up on his broom to catch it... but fell off at the last second. Was only a foot or so off the ground, so he didn't get hurt, just scuffed himself up a bit, yeah?" James paused; he'd always loved this story. It was one of his absolute favorites. Boy Who Lived, nothing. Potter's Quidditch exploits always got overlooked... though, that might be because his wide had actually gone pro. And had been a damned good chaser. "So everyone thinks he's lost it, right? That he's gotta grab his broom and get back in the air and find the thing all over again. But then he holds his hands out, like this," James illustrated, and then mimicked spitting something into his palms. "He'd caught it... in his mouth. Spat it into his hands, right there on the Pitch."

spaceA bit late, James realized Milo and Wyatt were probably going to kill him for telling Dris about that... but hell, he'd said not to do it, right? "'Course, only Harry Potter could pull that off," he said firmly, nodding. "And don't try it, or you won't get to play with the snitch anymore." The Gryffindor hoped that his tone was appropriately firm. He didn't need his godson going off and choking himself trying to swallow a ball that was as big as his mouth. Er, maybe a bit smaller; Dris had a pretty big mouth. Still, he didn't need to be swallowing snitches... his dads would kill James if he did. He very nearly tried to bribe Dris with something to not tell Milo and Wyatt that he'd said anything about it, but that wasn't good parenting, he knew. Besides... it probably wouldn't work. The kid would slip up and tell his dads anyway.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✯ ✯ ✯ Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e
                                                          xxxxxx✯ ✯ ✯ Bч тħe ωαч чøυ ħ ø ł đ м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✯ ✯ ✯ Wαч тħαт чøυ ¢ ø и т я ø ł м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✯ ✯ ✯ Sρeeđ мe υρ øя š ł ø ω м e

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

I cαη ραιηт ωιтн αℓℓ тнє cσℓσυяѕ σƒ тнє ωιη∂

Dris was having tremendous fun with James, as his other Daddies wanted to spend the day kissing... or some other yucky thing. They were currently playing "catch the Snitch", but Dris seemed to do more of the searching. He still hadn't managed to catch the silly thing, though! As he was climbing a chair to try and nab the orb, James said he was like Harry Potter? Who was that guy? He asked if Wyatt had spoken about the hairy guy, so the boy shook his head, then sat in the chair he'd been standing upon. He listened with rapt attention, but when it came to catching the ball in his mouth, that was so silly! The boy blinked a few times, then furrowed his brow. "That's gross! Is this one all spitty? Eww!" He looked at the Snitch, which was hovering nearby. It didn't look like it was covered in slobber... Hmm. James told him not to ever do that, and the boy grinned. "I won't! I promise! I'm gonna be a super good Seeker, just like you! Then I'm gonna give Birdy a kiss... mmhmm. 'Cause that's how you love! Yep!" He grinned with pride, thinking of his best friend. He didn't really want to kiss her... because that was slobbery and gross... but maybe give her a nice hug! When the Snitch moved around again, the boy happily hurried after it, not returning for a few minutes. When he finally did, he looked at James, then held out both hands, with the Snitch tucked safely inside.

Cara MiaKitty

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:09 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre had spent the entire day preparing for her date with James. It was to be her first visit to his flat. She imagined him with a very modern sort of home, and pondered their different lifestyles. Her flat was rather cluttered, though mostly with books. She had a vintage typewriter, which sort of proved her old world style. The redhead braided her hair a bit, taking the time to tuck the ends into an elegant style. Her aunt had loaned her some pretty flower clips, and she added them to her hair. Hopefully she looked as pretty as she hoped. After a while, she heard James at the door. Ooooh! It was time. "Loki! You be a good kitty! I'll be home soon!" She laughed, peeking out the door. She happily smiled and hugged James, letting him whisk her away to his flat.

Once at James' place, Lyre took a few seconds to look around. Holy heck it was huge. Were all penthouse suites this size, or was he just rolling in enough money to afford a place like this. Oh James, it's beautiful! Very much bigger than my place, for sure. I like it!" She ooh'd and aah'd over all the things he had. There was even a pool table! Wow! Apparently professional quidditch paid rather well. Honestly she couldn't remember the color of her walls, thanks to the thousands of books piled around. Violet eyes were wide as the woman discovered something much more appealing than the sleek decor. Food. "Did you cook? It smells so good in here!" She took a deep breath, a tiny grin on her lips. It was heavenly!

══════════ ══════════
𝐸𝒟𝐼𝒯𝒪𝑅 𝒜𝒯 𝒲𝐻𝐼𝒵𝒵 𝐻𝒜𝑅𝒟 𝐵𝒪𝒪𝒦𝒮 x
𝐹𝒪𝑅𝑀𝐸𝑅 𝑅𝒜𝒱𝐸𝒩𝒞𝐿𝒜𝒲 xxxxxxxx

Look around. We’re living with the lost and found. Just when you feel you’ve almost drowned,
You find yourself on solid ground, and you believe there’s good in everybody’s heart.
Keep it safe and sound. With hope, you can do your part to turn a life around.
I cannot believe my eyes. Is the world finally growing wise?
‘Cause it seems to me some kind of harmony is on the rise.

══ ══
Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:49 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDining Area
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNervous
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I, I, I, I ωαииα šee чøυ, чøυ, чøυ, чøυ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Tełłıи' мe т ħ α т т ħ α т т ħ α т xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ g ø т ωħαт I и e e đ xxxxxx
                                                          D ø, ρяeттч gıяł, đ ø и ' т š ρ e α κ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJames had to admit, he wasn't nearly as calm as he probably should have been. This wasn't their first date, after all, they'd been on plenty by now, and all of them had gone well. Well enough, in fact, that there had been plenty of rumors about his relationship with Lyre, which was attempting to keep at least relatively quiet, just so she wasn't overwhelmed with... well. He'd already gotten a letter or two or a dozen from very distraught women who wanted to know who she was and why he was with her and not them. He didn't want her to have to deal with that... even though he knew it was kind of inevitable. She hadn't complained about anything of the sort yet, so he was hoping it was because all the attention was focused on him and away from her, and not because she simply wasn't telling him. Though, he couldn't imagine why she wouldn't tell him, except so he wouldn't worry about it, which was sweet of her.

spaceRegardless, they'd been together for a decent enough amount of time now that, really, he shouldn't have been so nervous about a dinner date. Except, this date was different from previous ones, in that it was not at a nice restaurant, but at his house. Normally when women came to his house, he was driving towards a very specific end. One which he was certainly not driving towards this time (he knew her feelings on the subject, and was being respectful of them, even if he felt like he was going mad). One might question his logic, inviting her over to his place if that wasn't the end goal, but he figured, they'd been together long enough by now, she ought to have at least been to his home. Ideally, he figured he waned to stay with her, forever, which was a pretty big deal for him considering he'd never really thought of himself as the type to want something like that. That in mind, he reasoned it made sense to try and integrate her into his life as much as possible, including granting her access to the penthouse and hoping like hell that she liked it.

spaceTo that end, he was quite relieved when, upon their arrival, she immediately complimented the place. He hadn't done the decorating himself, not by a long-shot. He'd actually bought the place exactly as it was, and paid extra for the furnishings they'd used to show it off to remain. He'd liked them, and didn't have a clue about any of that sort of thing. If it'd been left up to him, there probably would've been some horribly mismatched furniture and not much else. At least he wasn't particularly messy, though. The Seeker grinned, gesturing around. "Glad you like it," he said cheerfully.

spaceWhen she commented on the scents wafting from the kitchen, he slipped her hand in his, and led her towards what passed for a dining room. Really, it was just an island that sort-of separated the kitchen from the living room. "Ugh, God, no, I didn't cook," he told her with a snort. "I think I like us both better alive, and not poisoned to death. Kalin, Wyatt's brother, he cooked for us." He pulled out a chair for her, and helped her up into it, given that the chairs were bar stool height, before heading into the kitchen proper to grab the dishes and bring them over to the island. "Little bugger went a big overboard, though. I just asked him to cook, he got all... I dunno. Kalin, about it." He chuckled a bit, setting the dishes down before settling in next to her. "Appetizer, dinner, and dessert. I gotta remember what he made... He's around somewhere, but I dunno what he's up to. Might be in the pool room or something." The Gryffindor removed the lids from the various dishes, smiling. "Okay, it's... Panko-crusted Crab Cake Bites with Roasted Pepper-Chive Aioli for the appetizer, Pan-Seared Scallops on Linguine with Tomato-Cream Sauce, French bread, and grilled Asparagus for dinner, and Chocolate chunk bread pudding for dessert. I swear I got that right." Honestly, Kalin was a godsend. Otherwise they would've just ordered take-out, which wouldn't have been nearly as nice. This seemed like a proper date, as opposed to eating chinese from the place around the corner.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e
                                                          xxxxxx Bч тħe ωαч чøυ ħ ø ł đ м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx Wαч тħαт чøυ ¢ ø и т я ø ł м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx Sρeeđ мe υρ øя š ł ø ω м e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:34 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre wandered into the main room of the penthouse, curious how James lived with so much excess space around. It was so big! She was pretty sure her entire flat could fit in his living room. He said he was glad she liked it, and indeed she very much did. "It's really, really quite lovely. Maybe next time, you can come see my flat. Though, it's quite cozy." Cozy was, apparently, her word for cluttered and squished. While she loved her home, it was nice to have space around. Maybe someday she could move in here with James. Though, that would make her job in London a pain... unless James had a fireplace.

After asking about the food, James snorted after saying he didn't cook. Of course, she remembered him saying as much on their first date, but maybe he had hidden talents. He seemed rather reserved about some of his skills. He spoke of his friend Wyatt's brother. Apparently he'd cooked. Mmmm, he'd have to be thanked for sure. Lyre let James lead her to the kitchen counter. She climbed into a tall seat, wiggling her feet in the air. He explained the dishes to a wide eyed Lyre. "Oh my goodness. It all looks perfect! Does he always cook like this? Mmmm!" She had a small grin, her stomach rumbling at the very thought of this meal. She looked at James, then started eating the appetizer. Normally, she wasn't a fan of crab, but holy heck this was heavenly! "Oh my lord, James! You've got to try this! I think I could forever subsist on just these. Yum!" She took another bite, smiling bigger.

══════════ ══════════

Look around. We’re living with the lost and found. Just when you feel you’ve almost drowned,
You find yourself on solid ground, and you believe there’s good in everybody’s heart.

══ ══
Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:10 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDining Area
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNervous

spaceJames couldn't help the way his chest puffed out in pride when she complimented his place. Not that he'd done the work, but he had the eye to know that he'd wanted it this way, after all. He could've tried to overhaul the place completely, and that would've been a total disaster. Plus, he'd actually kept the place clean, which was something he doubted if either of his parents would believe. Hard to properly seduce a woman when your whole place was a mess, though. Not that he was doing that anymore, but by the time he'd met Lyre, the habit of cleaning up after himself had finally become so ingrained, he just... kept it up. He also grinned when she mentioned him coming by her place, thinking that 'cozy' was probably not what she actually meant when she described the place. The way she'd phrased it certainly lent that effect. "I'm sure your place is great," he told her, envisioning a small, maybe a little cramped place with piles and piles of books scattered everywhere. It was probably warm, he thought, and comfortable. He felt as though she would have old, mismatched furniture, couches so soft you sank into them and chairs you never wanted to get out of. His furniture wasn't uncomfortable by any stretch of the imagination, but he doubted anyone would describe it as 'cozy.'

spaceMentally, the Seeker was praising Kalin with every compliment he could think of. The little bugger (who was taller than James, but that was beside the point) was a damn genius. Lyre's face when he told her what each dish was as she inspected them was priceless. He wondered if Wyatt would kill him for trying to hire his little brother to be his own personal chef, just so he could keep having Lyre over for meals like this. Seeing how she lit up when she tried the crab made his heart sing, and he desperately wished he could've said he cooked it. Unfortunately, he'd never had much talent in the kitchen. He grabbed one of the crab cakes for himself, moaning faintly at how good it tasted. "Mm, wait'll we get to dinner. I didn't even like scallops before I tried Kalin's. Or asparagus, for that matter." James' eyes closed as he savored another bite, and he gestured towards the dessert. "Not to mention, the bread pudding. Evil, it is." He'd almost called it sinful, which was in general how he described desserts like that. But he found it hard to say the word around Lyre, mostly because of what'd happened the first time he'd done it. One word, and he'd spent the rest of dinner cursing himself and his libido for... well, existing. He'd tried to curse Lyre for being tempting, but it wasn't really her fault. Normally he'd have said it was entirely her fault, but she was so sincere and innocent (a word he thought described very few people) that he highly doubted she really had much awareness of the effect she had on him. Not her fault if she was oblivious. More like it was the fault of all the men she'd had around before who hadn't made sure she realized how gorgeous she was.

xxx Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:07 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre blushed a bit when James said he believed her home to be great. "It's much smaller. In fact, I think my whole flat, bedroom and all, could fit snugly into your living room." She was a bit worried about James squishing into her flat, but surely she could tuck some of the books into her office.... perhaps she could utilize her aunt's house too. Maybe she could fluff up her couch. Hm. She could also do with a lint vacuum. For now, she could just worry about tonight.

As they started to eat, James watched her snack. It was so good, but judging by his smile, he knew it would be flawless. When he tried the crab cakes, he made a small moan at the taste. Her eyes went wide, mouth a bit askew. Why was her heart skipping beats?! After forcing herself to continue regular breathing, the woman giggled awkwardly and blushed heavily. She looked down for a minute, but perked up when James mentioned dinner. He said he didn't like scallops or asparagus before Kalin, and Lyre tilted her head. "You didn't like asparagus? It's so healthy! Try it with peanut butter. Though scallops are new. I've never had them before, so I suppose I'll have a good first time. No one better to enjoy it with, eh? She grinned at him, then blushed a bit heaver as she realized her words. Oh dear, she sounded like a trollop. James called dessert evil, and she remembered her awful, horrible attempt at flirting on their first date. "I'll have to have my dad make some of his lava cake. Just as long as we promise to fudge the calorie count a bit... make sure it's off season!" She smiled brightly, her cheeks returned once more to their normal rosy glow. She took another bite of crab cake, pondering upon various cakes.

══════════ ══════════

══ ══
Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:48 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDining Area
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNervous

spaceJames gave her a sheepish look when she mentioned how small her own flat was in comparison to his. "I, uh, I didn't exactly worry about space when I got this place," he said with a faint shrug. "I wanted it for the amenities. And the view, that's pretty great. But, it had a room I was able to convert into a gym, and another for a sauna, and a pool..." He realized that he probably wasn't helping at all, if she felt ill at ease due to the... extravagance? of his place, compared to hers. He couldn't quite tell if she was uncomfortable in his home or not, and whether or not it was because his place was so large and obviously expensive. It wasn't like he made a habit of flaunting the fact that he had money. Honestly, he didn't spend his money very much at all, except going out to eat. The only major expenses he'd accrued at all over the years had been the penthouse itself, the remodel of those three rooms, and helping Milo get his shop. Aside from that, he didn't really care enough about anything to spend a lot of money. He'd considered getting a boat, a nice one, but it wasn't like he was looking at yachts or something. And he did spend a bit on Quidditch gear, but that was a work expense, anyway.

spaceHe watched her closely, trying to gauge her mood. He was pretty good at reading people, which was one of his only real skills other than Quidditch. Unfortunately, with her, he usually doubted his observations. She seemed to be happy enough, the food having helped, but he wasn't sure if there was something else lurking beneath the surface. Realizing she'd spoken, he smiled faintly, shrugging. "I'd never had it cooked well before. Asparagus, I mean. My mum, she's great with a lot of things, but not vegetables. By a long shot. She just boiled it with some salt and called it done. By the time I got to school, I already figured I hated it, so I never ate any... Kalin practically had to hit me upside the head with a beater bat to get me to try it." Realizing she was blushing, he found himself having to trace back what she'd said to determine why. When he figured it out, he blinked a bit. They'd been dating for a while now, shouldn't she feel comfortable saying things like that? Trying to hopefully ease some of her tension, he offered an easy smile. "Agreed... Mostly because, if you don't like them, I get your half," he teased, nudging her foot with his.

spaceThe Seeker took another bite of the appetizer, expression thoughtful. "Mm. I never met a lava cake I didn't like," he said. "I can always just add some time to my workout to offset the calories, though. It's what I do anyway. I usually double my work outs pretty much every time we go out, honestly. Though, I at least take you nice places, so I'm eating healthier than when I'm on my own. Figure it evens itself out." On the one hand, when he was with Lyre, he ate more at the meal, because he was ordering multiple courses and splitting desserts and the like. But, the meals were significantly less likely to be drenched in grease and salt and cholesterol. More food, but certainly better for him.

xxx Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:40 am
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre looked over at James as he spoke of not worrying about space. He then mentioned he had a gym, sauna, and pool. She blinked rapidly for a few seconds, then glanced around. He'd managed to fit all that in a penthouse flat? After realizing she probably looked like a twit by gawking, she cleared her throat and spoke. "So what you're saying is I aught not renew my gym membership? All the reasons I'd go there... I'd much rather be with you. And I doubt you'd charge me monthly." She grinned, also thinking she wouldn't have to touch sweaty, gross people on accident. A thought of her touching a very particular sweaty fellow after a workout crossed her mind, causing the young woman to blush and avert her gaze as far away from James as possible. Oh dear.

Lyre was thoroughly enjoying the evening, save for her seeming inability to talk like a normal human. By that, she was rather flustered. James mentioned his mom not being able to cook vegetables nicely, and Lyre grinned. "Well, lucky you, my mum's really good with veggies. Perhaps that's why I like them so much." Sure, she couldn't cook a bit, but her mom could.... though it didn't do much to their benefit, since she was in the states. Times like this made the girl rather miss her parents. After saying she'd never had scallops, James chimed in, offering to eat her half if she didn't like them. "Mmm, if they're anything like these crab cakes, I might just eat your half." A mischievous grin slid onto her lips, a merry twinkle in her eye. It seemed James was in a teasing mood, so she thought it fun to match his mood.

At her mention of lava cake, James noted it was hard to meet one without enjoying it. He continued, talking about eating healthier with her, then mentioned modifying his work-out schedule to maintain his figure. "You mean to say home-cooked food is healthier than the fish and chips place around the corner from my flat?" A grin, a laugh. Lyre was having fun now. "And besides, even if we do eat a bit unhealthy... I won't tell. Promise." She winked, still grinning. Her thoughts had just hopped onboard a runaway train, but she had no intention of stopping them, lest she really muck up some words.

══════════ ══════════

══ ══
Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:36 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDining Area
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNervous

spaceJames blinked oddly at Lyre, sort of surprised at her. He laughed a bit, shrugging and scratching the back of his head. "If you like. I mean, you're free to come by and use any of it any time. Though, dunno if you really want to make that drive just for a pool," he said, not entirely sure if she were just joking or if she actually wanted to come by his place and abuse her girlfriend privileges. They were hers to abuse, after all, and he wasn't at all adverse to her using his gym. Or pool. Especially not the pool, he thought. The sauna either, but all things considered, he didn't think he was going to get to appreciate that one for a good, long while. Pushing the thought aside, he smiled at her. "I think you'd spend more on the gas here than the gym membership. Unless I got a floo hookup installed... I could do that easy, though. If you wanted me to." Honestly, he probably should've had one put in ages ago, but generally he traveled by apparation, so it hadn't ever seemed like a big deal. Lyre couldn't apparate, though, and he didn't want her having to either get a hold of him or drive to come by his place. That'd be a regular pain.

spaceHe faked a pout when she mentioned eating his half of the scallops, trying to look very put out, and he woudl've managed, if not for how amused his eyes were. "I'll cry," he said dramatically. "I really, truly will. How could you be so cruel?" The facade didn't hold up (it never could), though, and he snickered. "I'm pretty sure there's plenty, though. I thought he'd misunderstood what I told him, that he'd thought I was having the team over or something. Looked like he was cooking for an army." He shook his head faintly, wondering if Kalin was eavesdropping. Seemed like something the kid would do, to be honest.

spaceJames shook his head in response to her (admittedly sarcastic and probably rhetorical) question. "Not just home-cooked. When I take you out, we go nice places. Most of the time, anyway. Better quality food. Less grease. Except when I'm having a craving." He smirked then, winking at her. Admittedly, he did have a weakness for very greasy, horribly unhealthy food. Which was why he spent roughly all his free time that he wasn't with Lyre working out. Had to stay in shape. Fat seekers were slow seekers. Plus he had a physique to maintain. Not for the hordes of fangirls anymore, but for Lyre, because he liked to think that she found him sexy. Those blushes she constantly sported and the way she suddenly had to look away from him at times seemed to say so. When she winked, he grinned, hand sliding over to hold hers. "Mm. Our little secret, hm?" he asked, then brought her hand to his lips, pressing a kiss to her knuckles. "I love you, you know," he said matter-of-factly, eyes bright, as if he'd said it a million times before. He hadn't, though. Not for lack of feeling it, it'd just never crossed his lips before. It slipped so easily, though, he didn't even notice it. He had, after all, always assumed she knew.

xxx Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:35 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre watched James for a second, his struggle for words both very sad and very adorable. He said she was free to come by anytime, and mentioned driving all that way for a pool. "Well, it's not only for a pool, you see? It's also for my very wonderful boyfriend, for whom I would sail the seas and traverse the harshest of lands." She smiled brightly, very happy to have a certain boyfriend in her life. Perhaps she'd invest in a cute new swimming suit? James mentioned using her gas, then said he could get a floo installed. That would entail her moving, since she barely had a space heater, let alone a fireplace. "As sweet a gesture as that is, it wouldn't be very helpful. Well... I could always floo over after work, using one of the fireplaces in Diagon? Surely someone will let me borrow a floo. Well.. I'd have to walk to work that day, since I don't want to leave my car there longer than it need be..." She stammered a bit, slowing her little rant. She really hadn't meant to babble, but she had anyway. Hopefully James wasn't upset with her.

After threatening to eat James' portion of dinner, he mocked being positively hurt. She tilted her head, an amused smile on her lips. He was certainly a character! He confessed that there was probably more than needed, as that was an antic of Kalin. "He sounds very sweet. And besides, I can always take some home for lunch tomorrow! Or... perhaps a pre-bedtime snack. Either way." She grinned, laughing a bit. Honestly, if there was as much food as James thought, she'd probably be far too full to eat until lunch! After Lyre's sarcastic comment, James commented on their nice dates, rather than going to the drive-in late at night. "Honestly, I'd love to just get some unhealthy food, perhaps at three in the morning, after you get home from a game, and I from work..." She grinned, looking a bit dazed. After a second had passed, her eyes regained focus and her cheeks went red. Had she really said that aloud?! They hadn't even been dating a year yet! Oh lord!

After taking a moment to regain composure, she looked over at James. He seemed very thoughtful, his brown eyes looking more soulful than usual. It was a perfect sight for her.When he moved to hold her hand, she smiled, looking at their entwined hands. He said their meals truly were a secret, and for some reason, that resounded with her. She liked having secrets, even over silly things. Her eyes went wide when James kissed her hand, her cheeks going a bit pink. At his next words, she had a turn to become thoughtful. He loved her? Something about the words told her he didn't get to say the phrase often... at least to girls. He probably said it frequently to his godkids. Though... she probably would too. Anyway... He'd said it to her! And not with prompting! It was her turn! The girl leaned forward, pressing her lips to James' for a small kiss, after which she smiled. "I love you too, James. Very much so."

══════════ ══════════

══ ══
Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:42 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDining Area
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNervous

spaceJames grinned at her exaggerating. Or, he thought she was exaggerating. Although, Lyre was ridiculously romantic, so who knows, maybe she'd really be willing to do all of that for him. He'd certainly do it for her, he just didn't think it was fair to hold her to that standard. He was the sort of person you expected to traverse harsh lands regardless, after all. Stubborn, hard-headed Gryffindor with a bit of a hero complex and all. Though, the smile was short-lived when she pointed out that setting up a floo would be pointless, since she didn't have one at her own house, and the various difficulties stemming from it. He pouted somewhat, mostly because he'd thought that if she could come over at will, he'd get to see her more. But, apparently that wasn't an option. He sighed a bit. "S'too bad. It would've been nice," he said wistfully, glancing down at his food.

spaceHis mirth somewhat dampened, the Seeker was silent for a long moment. He perked up slightly when she kissed him, managing to barely return it before she broke away and said she loved him. The words made it finally register; they'd never said that before. He'd always figured it was mutual, and he thought she'd known he loved her, but they'd never actually said it. He felt himself grow warm, heart pounding like it did before a particularly important game. Finally, a proper smile returned, and he leaned in to kiss her, and not nearly as softly or quickly as she had him. He lingered for a long moment, expression thoughtful when he finally pulled back. "What if you lived here?" he asked, then rethought it. No, she wouldn't do that. Proper lady, right? "Wait, no. What if we got married, and you lived here? That's better, right?" he asked. Belatedly, he realized he'd technically just proposed, and that it hadn't been even remotely romantic. Shite, he'd screwed that up, hadn't he? Dammit, he couldn't fix that, there was no going back and undoing it. Technically a memory charm would do that, but he wasn't nearly good enough with a wand to perform something that complicated, and wouldn't even if he could. It would be invasive, and wrong. And he wasn't going to screw with his girlfriend's head just to soothe his own ego. He wasn't that stupid. Or selfish.

xxx Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas