Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Town of Brighton ~ England Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:06 am
Well, she wants to get in-
And she wants to get out,
But the city, it calls her name...
And the scars that she hides;
With those stars in her eyes,
Like the echoes, they're all the same.

User Image
rυтнveɴ
lιlιαѕ
мαceαcнαrιɴ

pυreвloodѕqυιвтecн geekѕιɴgle

Ruth had learned to be observant from a very young age, and the look the cheil gave the woman he called Tassy, the dark skinned one, didn't pass her by. So she was introducing her man to her friend, which had been about Ruth's original guess. Hopefully they were all getting along and on their way to having a grand old time, or this would be even more uncomfortable. She shrugged at the notion of buying the woman she'd bumped into a drink. She had a reputation as a miser when it came to money around her friends, but her friends tended to not pay her back unless she threatened to come after their kneecaps with a cricket bat. "I didn't realize it was a shtick now," she commented with a half smile she reserved for strangers she was struggling to decide if she'd be able to stand or not. "Musta missed that in the news." She nodded at the introductions. The redhead looked like a Dee to her, for starters, the fact that the minted one was named Les, which was probably short for something very posh, did not surprise her at all, and the fact that he was also 'the thing' of Tassy was not too shocking either. If you were going to look at it that way, Ruth had had a few things herself. Keep the relationships short and sweet, and tell your brothers they can shut the hell up about your sex life. Especially Alec, who was the king of hypocrites if you asked her. Her real focus was on Tassy's accent, which Ruth recognized as similar to her own almost immediately. A genuine smile lit up her face. "Stirling, an' you?" she asked almost eagerly, a bit surprised with herself. She usually wasn't one to just throw out her hometown to strangers, but running into another Scot was nearly always a good thing. They were in Brighton, after all. Strength in numbers and all that. "You get plastered that easy?" she inquired to Dee, arcing an eyebrow in amusement. "Jesus, you sound like one of my friends. Last time we went out for drinks we hadta practically carry him to a cab. Sorry b*****d."

OOC:
Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Well, she's sick of this town,
And the walls of this house,
But her pride just won't let her see...
That when she swears that she's made-
With a heart that won't break-
She could be dead but she'd still believe,
That it's all been done before.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
And the clock bell struck
Don't let them find me
For I shall hide with
And all the while looking <
I am always ready to meet my worst enemies>

_____ ღ _____

"Bonjour," Vivienne greeted when a young man, around her age, maybe a few years with definite Asiatic features (though, she wasn't going to bother guessing where as it was rude-she knew well enough being French Canadian and being mistaken as American most often, or French if she spoke her first language-not that she wasn't equally fluent in English). When Kenji mentioned the pub had good music in Indie music, she tilted her head a moment to focus on the music she hadn't paid much head to between the football game on the television and people watching. Taking a sip of her Bloody Mary she nodded with a smile, "I guess so... didn't pay much attention at first. Shame unless you are a huge music fan or music buff you'd probably miss out on it. I did," She added with a shake of her head.

She took another sip when suddenly there was a shout of excitement and some chubbier guy in glasses knocked his drink onto someone else. Luckily the guy seemed to laugh it off and they sorted out their differences apparently easily enough. She looked back to Kenji when he muttered about football enthusiasts. "I was always more of a hockey fan myself," She said with a shrug. "Now, those are fun games to go to. Though I'm sort of over the whole athlete fancying that I had a year or two ago."

She shrugged and held out a hand, "ViVi by the way. And you are and what brings you out this lovely evening?"

<>
                                            Jade Galaksylph
                                            Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

OliMcD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:01 am
User Image
Chelsea Van Asten
Pre-First Year - Unsorted - Muggleborn

Chessie stumbled out onto the boardwalk, clutching the squirming bundle of towel and purple fur in her arms. She was very nervous that someone would spot her, so she quickly dashed down some cement stairs onto the pebbly beach. She made for the pier, beneath which she could hide and try to solve her dilemma. Once she was there, she gladly set a purple Frodo on the ground and stretched out her arms. "You’re fat," she told the dog. "Fat and purple."

The girl was then hit by a wave of anxiety. How on earth could she fix this situation? She remembered back to the first time something strange had happened, when Delilah fell off the monkey bars after saying that Chessie’s freckles were a contagious disease. She’d deserved it, but Chessie hadn’t actually made it happen, had she? Things like this just seemed to follow her around, there wasn’t anything to be done about it. Or at least that’s what the poor girl had been telling herself. Now she was faced with a pressing problem that needed to be solved. Feeling sick to her stomach, she placed a hand on the dog’s head.

"Unpurple," she said unsurely. The dog blinked at her, still plum-colored. "Turn normal?" He remained unchanged. "Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, become an ordinary Frodo again!" Frodo simply stared and sat, his purple tail pattering softly against the stones.

Chessie sat down next to him, put her head in her hands, and began to cry softly. There was no help for it. She could never take Frodo back home, and maybe she should never go back herself. It was too risky. She didn’t want to end up turning her sister purple too, or worse. The girl wondered if things would ever just be normal, or if she was doomed to live a life of odd happenings. She settled on the latter as the tide wandered in slowly, staining more and more of the beach with every rolling wave.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:36 pm
User Image
                                                    Lately he's feeling like a broken promise
                                                    In the mirror staring down his doubt
                                                    There's only one thing in this world that he knows
                                                    He said forever and he'll never let her down

User Image

════════════════════════

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Dᴡᴀʀғ || Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ Gᴏᴠᴇʀɴᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Deveron was walking purposefully down the boardwalk, doing his next assignment for his job. Another muggleborn girl, this one living in the area and he was heading for the home itself. Well, until the dwarf noticed a peculiar sight in front of him. A girl, clutching what looked to be a stuffed animal. Well, he thought it was a stuffed animal until it moved. He paused and blinked, then made his way over. The girl in question was under a pier and seemed to be crying. He stepped down to where the girl was, and cocked an eyebrow at the girl. "Well, it seems you've landed yourself in a bit of a pickle. Did someone dye that poor dog purple, or has it always been that way?" He was careful not to mention magic. After all, no one outside the magical community should have any idea of what magic was, and he wasn't going to reveal it unless he absolutely had to. Though, considering the girl's proximity to where the child he was supposed to visit was, it made him wonder if she was the girl he was to visit, or if not, related to her.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, you don't see a purple dog every day.
                                                    OOC:

I don't wanna be another wave in the ocean
                                                    I am a rock not just another grain of sand
                                                    I wanna be the one you run to when you need a shoulder
                                                    I ain't a soldier but I'm here to take a stand

OliMcD

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

OliMcD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:14 pm
User Image
Chelsea Van Asten

Chessie’s light sobs had all but subsided when the man approached. Her eyes widened for a brief moment, she hadn’t had the experience of meeting a dwarf before. Something like discomfort situated itself in the back of her mind, but the girl wouldn’t stand for prejudice or rudeness, and tried her best to regard the stranger as if he were any other. Which is how she assumed he’d want to be treated. She was ready to give a friendly greeting when of a sudden she remembered the current circumstance.

She pulled Frodo close to conceal him, but it was too little too late. The stranger’s remark registered slowly. At first, Chessie was upset that he’d seen Frodo, but was pleasantly surprised at the calm nature with which he commented. It almost made her feel better, until it hit her that his demeanor was completely inappropriate. What kind of person sees a girl sitting under a pier crying over a purple Vallhund and simply asks if the dog was always purple? This man knew something she didn’t, and it frightened the girl. She clutched Frodo close and swallowed, trying to think of a response.

In the end, her curiosity won and she decided to be sort of honest. If he didn’t have all the answers, maybe he could at least think of a solution for the mess she’d gotten herself in. "No," she scarce more than whispered. "He wasn’t always purple. I don’t know how he got that way either. It’s not dye, see?” She rubbed at the dog’s fur and showed the man her palm. It was not pigmented in the slightest. "I need to get the purple out somehow, before my dad sees him." Chessie took a moment before speaking again. She felt as though she were disregarding her parents’ warnings about stranger danger, and tried to bargain for some information. "His name is Frodo," she said. "What's yours?"

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Deveron frowned a bit, recognizing the magic for what it was. Well, this just went from a routine visit to one that became interesting. He'd never had to undo underage magic, which was exactly what this was. He cocked his head to one side, considering the situation before coming up with a simple solution. "That would be an interesting problem. However, I am pretty sure it has a simple solution. After all," his voice lowered to a conspiratorial whisper, "I have an older brother that once did the same to the family cat. Turned the entire creature bright neon green, and caused quite the fuss with our parents. My father couldn't figure out the counter for it for ages, and we ended up with a green cat for several years before we could finally turn her back to being a tabby." He stuck his hand out to the young girl, showing that there was nothing in them for her to shake. "Deveron Whitethorne, and I am very certain we can set Frodo to right. Let's see now..."

Deveron took a quick look around the area before determining that there was no muggles present, and pulled out his wand, showing it to the girl. "This, my dear, is a wand. It's my own personal one, and perhaps when we get Frodo all fixed up, I can let you hold it for a bit. However, I am going to have to do something that you can't tell anyone about, save for your family. Would you allow me to do so? I promise it will not hurt the boy in the slightest." He stood and waited, knowing that if she refused, well, there wasn't much he could do about it. However, if she agreed, then the dog would be just fine. He however wasn't going to do something that would scare the girl, that was not in his line of work.

════════════════════════

OOC:

Quote:

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

OliMcD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:50 pm
User Image
Chelsea Van Asten

After returning his handshake and mumbling something that sounded like "Chezzyvnasten," Chessie stared at Deveron in disbelief. She was trying to process his words, but none of it was making sense. So his brother had done the same thing to their cat? Certainly this wasn’t something that happened all the time. The girl was having a hard time believing her own predicament, let alone this stranger’s story. Grasping for some kind of rationality, she decided it must be a dream. Yes, things like this were normal in dreams. She laughed at herself for not realizing it sooner. Now at least she could enjoy the peculiarity of it all.

"Oh yes, a wand,” she giggled. "Bippity boppity, turn my dog another hue." She stared intently at the stick in Deveron’s hand, wondering what would happen next. Her subconscious really surprised her sometimes, and this was definitely one of her more vivid reveries. "Go ahead, dream man," she told him. She was excited to get her hands on that wand, to try all sorts of cool dream tricks. Maybe she’d find a way to levitate herself with it, and turn this into a flying dream. Those were the best kind. She patted Frodo on the rump, letting him know it was okay to see the stranger.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:09 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Deveron listened to the girl's rushed introduction, and quickly deduced she was actually the girl he'd been sent to gather for school shopping and introducing to the magical world. Well, small world after all, if one pardoned the pun. He settled down and tried to hold back a snicker as she mentioned something from a muggle movie. At least, he was certain it was. He'd heard the reference before, in any case. "Unfortunately, that isn't quite how magic works. Bippity boppity isn't an incantation that I remember from my own schooling, but I know another that should work just fine." He rose his wand, looking over the dog carefully before he flicked it at the dog. "Finite Incantatem."

He smiled as the dog returned to its original colouration and then looked over at the girl, Chelsea. "You, my dear, cast a spell just a bit ago. if it had been anything else, I would not have been able to do that. However, with your current skill level, I feel very confident this won't come back to bite me in the arse later." He turned his wand around and held it out for the girl to hold. "I am a governor for a school you've been invited to attend. One for talented young people like yourself. I think it would be best to have that conversation with your parents, however, as they should be informed about it as well as your future."

════════════════════════

OOC:

OliMcD

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

OliMcD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:50 pm
User Image
Chelsea Van Asten

"Frodo!" Chessie cried as the dog was returned to his normal state. Whatever gibberish Deveron was speaking seemed to be quite adequate. She gave the pup a hug and smiled at the man. Even though this was a dream, she was still glad for the resolution of that… curiosity. Her eyes were glued to the wand in his hand, and his words seemed to go in one ear and out the other. Excitement welled within her as he finally gave it up. The girl laughed maniacally and waved it about. "Alacazam!” she shouted, and pointed it at the ground. She’d hoped to maybe propel herself into the air, but the wand only sputtered a weak gust of wind at her flip-flopped feet. Putting it lightly, Chessie was disappointed. "I said, presto!" she flicked it downwards again, and this time not a single thing happened. If it were truly a dream, she would have been able to do something with the dang thing. Realizing her awkward mistake, she handed Deveron his wand and looked at her toes.

Too underwhelmed to feel the full force of the truth, Chessie tried her best to recall the man’s earlier words. It was rather moot, though, due to her disregard for them. All she could remember was “Incantation” and “Finite something,” and she considered asking him what the full phrase was. She didn’t care enough, though, and let it be. All of the times the odd happenings had presented themselves were running through her mind at light speed, and she felt a churning in her stomach. It wasn’t a very happy churning, rather an unpleasant and embarrassed one. She had no idea what was in store for herself now. "I'll take you to my dad," she said at Deveron rather than to him. "Come on, Frodo." The flummoxed girl headed back up the beach and down the street, toward a conversation that would likely untangle everything she’d ever learned. The little dog pattered after her, his tail wiggling about merrily.

[[OOC: Exit to Van Asten Townhouse]]

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:12 am
User Image

( Widowed PurebloodSlytherin AlumnusArtificier ) xx
                                                        ( Dervish and Banges Shop Owner ) xx

Well yoυ cαɴ нιde α loт αвoυт yoυrѕelғ вυт нoɴey, wнαт're yoυ ɢoɴɴα do?
                                                        Aɴd yoυ cαɴ ѕleep ιɴ α coғғιɴ вυт тнe pαѕт αιɴ'т тнroυɢн wιтн yoυ
                                                        'Cαυѕe we αre αll α вυɴcн oғ lιαrѕ; Tell мe, вαвy, wнo do yoυ wαɴɴα вe?
                                                        Aɴd we αre αll αвoυт тo ѕell ιт 'cαυѕe ιт'ѕ тrαɢιc wιтн α cαpιтαl T
                                                        Leт ιт вe, Leт ιт вe, Leт ιт вe!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lazuli was insisted of taking a break from his long day of work, finding himself being way too occupied. The only thing that's good about Sussex was that they have some promising hotspots, and Lazuli really could afford to get a drink. Lazuli just wasn't sure what else to do when his niece was giving him the cold shoulder. To the point that mor will have to escort Mera to the train station because both of them knew that the latter would get angry. Mera can act stoic all she liked, but Laz cannot be fooled. Look, he get it, what he did during the summer incident was kind of life-risking. And hypocritical. But Lazuli had thought to give Jasper a regret of downplaying him, as well as "returning a favor". On the other hand, now that Ester took that opportunity away of him removing Jasper permanently, Laz has this strange feeling in a way that he was.... relieved. Despite being so willing to get his hands dirty.

Not sure what good way to occupy his free time that did not involve having to come home and pretend that there was no elephant in the room, the Brunswick seemed like the best place to go. At least Topaz never visit here, that man preferred Leaky Cauldron than anything else. Garnet? Definitely Three Broomsticks, and God knows where his nephew had gone to since he had been so dedicated of moving out the manor. Same. Lazuli ordered a rum as he took a seat in the stool, quietly hoping that someone didn't interrupt him rudely. He shouldn't be attracting any attention anyway, Lazuli wasn't wearing anything that indicated that he was a posh. Unless he talks with his natural posh accent, that is.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

'Cαυѕe we αll wαɴɴα pαrтy wнeɴ тнe ғυɴerαl eɴdѕ-
                                                        Aɴd we αll ɢeт тoɢeтнer wнeɴ we вυry oυr ғrιeɴdѕ
                                                        Iт'ѕ вeeɴ eιɢнт вιттer yeαrѕ ѕιɴce I've вeeɴ ѕeeιɴɢ yoυr ғαce
                                                        Aɴd yoυ're wαlĸιɴɢ αwαy, αɴd I wιll dιe ιɴ тнιѕ plαce!
                                                        Soмeтιмeѕ yoυ ѕcrαpe αɴd ѕιɴĸ ѕo low,
                                                        I'м ѕнocĸed αт wнαт yoυ're cαpαвle oғ
                                                        Aɴd ιғ тнιѕ ιѕ α coroɴαтιoɴ, I αιɴ'т ғeelιɴɢ тнe love

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Fall 2041xx
                                                        wнere - The Brunswickxxxx
                                                        wιтн - who
                                                        xxxxxx

oyehh

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:08 pm
User Image

User Image
                                              User Image
                                              Jamshid sat at the bar, morosely drinking from his second glass of gin that night. He wasn't intending to get black out drunk—Maisie was sleeping back at the hotel and he wasn't that irresponsible—but he needed something to take the edge off a little. He hadn't intended on coming back Brighton anytime soon, but Maisie insisted on spending a least one weekend here like most of her classmates but despite how many times he said no, her pleading puppy dog eyes that perfectly imitated Thor's finally won him out; it didn't help that he remembered what it was like to want to do something all his friends did and share their experience. It was a risk, but one that in this case he was willing to take so here they were, celebrating Maisie's last weekend before school started.

Jamshid hadn't realised how much he missed the city until he came back, but any nostalgia he felt was mixed with bittersweet memories. Maisie hadn't known about his family or his connection here and he intended to keep it that way, not wanting to bring down her enjoyment. He managed to avoid the most painfully familiar places and they spent most of their time at the pier and beaches where Maisie and Thor ran around and had their fun, disturbing the other tourists and coating themselves in more sand than Jamshid could get them to wash off, wearing themselves out enough that they passed out almost as soon as they got back to the hotel. He'd spent a few minutes watching them and trying to calm his restless mind before he gave up and walked into the closest bar to get something to drink.

A man slid into the seat next to him and Jamshid looked up momentarily to note how weary the man looked as he ordered rum. Many people who came into bar had troubles of their own but it seemed to be beyond that in this guy's case. "You look like s**t happened," he remarked after a few minutes, with an eyebrow raised. It wasn't any of his business and Jamshid wasn't usually up for conversation, but maybe it was the combination of the drinks and being back here, but at the moment, talking seemed like a great idea; he'd even take conversations about the weather. The phrase 'misery loves company' had a grain of truth after all.

WHERE The Brunswick tab tab tab WITH Lazuli tab tab tab FEELING tired

OOC Well, this post was depressing

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:39 am
User Image

Lazuli was on his second round when some guy decided to ask him if something bad happened. He stared at him, wondering what he should say without starting a bar fight. "Correct, detective. How did you know?" Lazuli finally said, setting down his glass for a moment and shaking his head. "Don't worry, I have no plans on drowning my problems." He really felt the need to assure that he wasn't here to drunk himself to unconsciousness. Because usually, people with problems go to bars and then they end up getting ugly fights. A really bad idea.

Lazuli observed the man, finally facing him. He looked just as tired as Lazuli, though the Slytherin felt he had no business on knowing why. People don't talk about their problems, and it seemed so much of a bother taking it on a stranger. "Well..." He quietly started, sipping on his drink, "I had a stressful summer. Which is kind of an understatement but you know, life goes on, I guess." Lazuli said the last part with bitterness, his blue eyes staring at the glass with a glare. He may be pessimistic, but Lazuli always hated nihilism. Of course life has meaning, so letting tragedy run on you without even fighting was just grinding his gears.

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Fall 2041xx
                                                        wιтн - Jamshid
                                                        xxxxxx

oyehh

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:53 am
User Image

User Image
                                              User Image
                                              The man didn't reply for a while, which wasn't really surprising, given the circumstances. But he eventually replied, turning his attention onto Jamshid, who shook his head at his response. What was the polite way to tell a man he looked like he was dragged around by a bus? "Let's just say that you don't look fresh." He let out a snort at the other man's reassurance. "I suppose that's a relief. Doesn't even work half the time, not that it's any of my business." It was a bit hypocritical of him to say that, but Jamshid never denied that. At least he wasn't trying lose his sorrows in a bottle, he wasn't even planning on staying long.

The man (Jamshid really had to come up with something else to call him) decided that he didn't mind a little chat, vague as it was. He more than anyone could appreciate that, although it didn't stop a niggling grain of curiosity as he listened, picking at his chips as he did. His eyebrow raised at the clear resentment in Curly's (for lack of a better descriptor) voice as he stared at his glass hard enough as though it personally stabbed him in the liver. "Well, can't help you there mate," he said, taking a sip of his drink. "It always does, so you can't say you're surprised. You either follow it or you get left behind." His lips curled down at his own statement and he was caught off-guard by the bitterness he himself felt, resurfacing after being long-buried. This place clearly wasn't good for him, he wasn't nearly as morose back at home. "Life might be a b***h but at least you're still here, aren't you?" he asserted with a small grin. His attempt at brevity, both to lighten the atmosphere and a bid to forget his own anger might have fallen flat, but he mentally patted himself on the back all the same.

OOC ---

Julian Galaksylphx

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:13 am
User Image

The man wasn't exactly answering his question accurately, Lazuli made a thoughtful hum in wonder, then look a glance on himself. "Does it." That was supposed to be a question, but the way Laz said the line made it look otherwise and more of a dry snark. Granted, he wasn't... he wasn't the most expressive guy in town, that was Robert's schtick. Wearing his heart on his sleeve and all. Though, Lazuli didn't notice the fact that he looked like he didn't get sleep and he wasn't as poise as he usually was. He was just tired, but unaware. His RP was still there, though. "Psh, the last thing I want is a drunken barfight," he snorted with a smirk. "And I'm not a fair fighter."

"I know." Lazuli slightly raised his glass in agreement as the Chip Guy gave him a "Sink or swim" kind of advice, but there was just sadness in his blue eyes. He already knew that dwelling was useless, but Laz wasn't sure if he should let go of the people who didn't make it. Lazuli shrugged and added, "I just don't know what I should do to make it up for her. My niece, I mean. But, well... I look after her, like you know, a parent. And she hates me now, long story." The Slytherin understood that Chip was trying to cheer him up that hey, at least he was alive. Though it honestly just made him silent, slowly looking away and biting his lip to reconsider his composure. Sure, maybe it was good that he was alive to see his a*****e brother finally rotting in prison, but it also reminded him that he... nevermind. Not wanting to make Chip feel like he ruined it, Laz gave him a sad smile as he faced him, "Yeah, I guess so. Thanks." Well, he can at least appreciate the guy's effort.

He glanced at his glass at the moment, then quietly emptied it. "I'm Lazuli, by the way. Or just Laz." he addressed himself after a moment of silence. Then, after a second, he quietly chuckled, "I know. Weird name, right? What about you? Because I'm really close in making up a nickname."

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Fall 2041xx
                                                        wιтн - Jamshid
                                                        xxxxxx

oyehh

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:35 am
User Image

User Image
                                              User Image
                                              Curly looked skeptical at his answer but Jamshid raised an eyebrow pointedly. He was either oblivious to his appearance or he was so used to looking disheveled that it was the norm for him, and he didn't know what was more sad. Admittedly, Jamshid wasn't looking his best either, but tonight was an exception given that looking his best in public was something that was practically drilled into him at birth. Pushing that thought away, he returned Curly's smirk when he clarified why he wasn't overindulging. "Smart decision, no matter how you good might be. Stress relief's not worth getting kicked out in my opinion."

From the looks of it, the guy seemed to be well-aquainted with his advice judging from his reply and his expression and Jamshid tilted his head in acknowledgement. He continued on, talking about his niece and that was what really caught his attention. That was a topic that Jamshid could relate to and he sympathised; the man was clearly torn up about it and if he was put in his position (and he dearly hoped it never came to that), he didn't doubt that he'd be reacting similarly. "Well, I don't think she hates you. Not completeky at least, kids are like that." It was the best case scenario and while Jamshid had no idea about what happened, he felt like he had to reassure the man; if it was about him and Maisie, he'd like to hear some reassurance. "Maybe give her some space, but still show that you really do care? I'm not an expert at this," he added. It worked often with Maisie (and Azar) but not always and who knew what his niece was like? Jamshid didn't want to give false hope.

From Curly's reaction, it was clear that Jamshid's joke fell flat, even though he tried to brush it off with gratitude. He felt bad—he should've realised that the joke was ill-timed—so he just shrugged and drank the last of his glass looking away momentarily, as if saying 'I tried'. The silence between them grew for a few seconds as Jamshid occupied himself with his now soggy and cold chips until Curly broke it, introducing himself with a chuckle. On his part, Jamshid quirked an eyebrow and shook his head with a smile. "That's not the worst I've heard," he reassured Laz, and it was true. Lazuli was hardly the strangest one he's heard. "Although I have to wonder about your parents' interests. I'm Jamshid," he said, offering his hand out belatedly for a handshake. "Don't think that's very common either." He kept the fact that he'd already nicknamed the guy in his head quiet though, not willing to admit to that.

OOC It's finally here!! I'm so sorry about the delay 8'D

Julian Galaksylph

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces