Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Town of Cromer ~ England

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:17 pm
Cromer

User Image

Cromer is a coastal town and civil parish in north Norfolk, England. The motto Gem of the Norfolk Coast is highlighted on the town's road signs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:08 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Jeremy Long
                                                          Looking Colorful at the beach with Jess
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Determined
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Absolutely no depressed-ness today! ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Standing at your window screaming ஒ ஒ ஒxxx
                                                          Hoping you can hear my voice tonight ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxx
                                                          Screaming 'til my lungs collapse ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxxxxx
                                                          So I can finally know what this is all about ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceGypsy offered her mother a small smile and a wave as she dropped the pair of them off on the beach, breathing a sigh of relief as the woman Apparated away. She appreciated the ride, really she did, but it had been rather inconvenient. Mostly because Gypsy didn't want her mother to notice the addition she'd made to their beach bag late last night. Tucked underneath the towels and sunscreen and all manner of other things, there sat a bottle, one which Gypsy had gone through an awful lot of trouble to get. Not that she'd minded, actually, quite the opposite; and didn't this seem like exactly the sort of occasion to warrant underage drinking? She snorted lightly, arm wrapping around Jess' shoulders. "C'mon, let's pick out a spot and get this party started," she declared enthusiastically. She drug the tiny Hufflepuff down along the beach, trying to find a spot that was relatively cleared of too many people. After all, her attention was supposed to be focused on Jess, not on all the various people around them. Especially not the cute guys in the swim trunks (although, she had to admit, the view was pretty nice, and maybe Jess would appreciate that).

spaceThe Ravenclaw found a spot she thought was appropriately distanced from everyone else (but not so far off that they couldn't enjoy the view), and smiled at the brunette. "What do you think? I think this is perfect," she said, though of course it was Jess' call. That was why they were here, after all, so that Jess could have a good time and not have to think about... well, anything. Beyond knowing that her sister had been murdered, Gypsy didn't know what all was up, she hadn't bothered to ask. She figured that the fact that Jess had immediately run off to her house instead of staying home meant that she'd rather be distracted from everything than wallow in it. Which, Gypsy was all about distractions. This trip was only the first of many similar outings, she'd decided. One day, all day at the beach, drinking and swimming and building a sand castle or whatever other nonsense they could think of to do. Maybe tomorrow they'd go shopping. Or go to an arcade. Or something. She didn't really know; there were too many options. The point was, Jess was not going to have to worry about having even a moment to drown in her sorrows; Gypsy would make sure she was too busy for her to have time for that. After all, that was her job as the girl's best friend. And she was bound and determined to do it right.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxஒ ஒ ஒ This can't happen again;
                                                          xxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ Sorry, but I'm tired of waiting
                                                          xxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ And every single move you make
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ I can breathe again

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:33 pm
I'm back in Liverpool,
And everything seems the same.
But I worked something out last night,
That changed this little girl's brain!
A small piece of advice-
Sixteen years in the make...
And I will break it to you now.
Please learn from my mistakes!

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Twin ~ Sixth Year Prefect ~ Hufflepuff Seeker ~
{feeling: determined} {thinking: ...} {with: Gypsy} {at: Beach}

Jess called out a parting, "Thanks, Mrs. Lovette!" as Gypsy's mother apparated away. She might be still reeling from... well, everything, but that didn't mean she could just mope around or be some sullen angsty little thing. She had to keep things as positive as possible, keep everyone else afloat. If she kept herself busy, she didn't even have all that much time to be sad. She didn't have a reason to cry that way. Besides, she was pretty sure she was all cried out. It'd just make her eyes sore and her throat ache now. She cast a shady glance towards Gypsy's beach bag, where she knew a bottle of... something was hidden. She got a nervous squirm in her stomach thinking about it, because she'd never actually done anything like this before... But she was freshly sixteen, which was only a year away from an adult in the wizarding world, and everyone else probably did it, anyways. She wanted to know what it would taste like, anyhow.

She smiled as her taller friend wrapped an arm around her, and smushed her sandals further into the sand to feel it between her toes as they walked to an open spot. While the beach wasn't packed, persay, there was a fair amount of people around. She felt a bit self conscious, still, even if she was wearing a shift sort of shirt thing over her bikini. She stared down at her legs for a moment, before deciding that they actually looked pretty damn good, even if they were short and her knees were a bit knobby. At least she tanned, even if it was only a little, right? There were a few guys, around, too, and everyone said no one liked a girl with low self esteem, and if she was staring at them (hey, she was allowed to look, even if romance wasn't really on her mind right now, for once) she wanted them to be staring back.

"It's great," she chirped resolutely, brushing a stray piece of brown hair away from her face, and putting down her bag. She pushed her sunglasses up on her head and squinted a little at the bright afternoon sunlight, before her eyes adjusted. She wasn't wearing her regular glasses right now, so her vision was a bit murkier than usual, but not so bad that she couldn't see anything, or not make out faces. She smiled at Gypsy, but didn't smile too much, because she didn't want her friend to think she was "putting on a happy face" or whatever, but she didn't want the other girl to think she was miserable, either. How could she be miserable on a beautiful summer afternoon at the beach with her best friend? You weren't allowed to be miserable.

Jess looked this way and that just slightly nervously, then eyed the water. "Let's go in before it cools off too much," she suggested, and pulled out her towel, carefully laying it out on the sand, before taking a deep breath and pulling off her coverup, then her shorts, so she was just standing in her bathing suit. It was cool. It was totally cool. It was fecking galaxy print, how awesome was that??? And it wasn't so lacy or skimpy that she knew she'd be awkwardly tugging at it every few minutes to make sure it wasn't falling off her, or made her look like a thirteen year old, or... She'd liked it when she bought it, without her mother peering over her shoulder and making noises of disapproval, and she liked it now. She kicked off her sandals. One went flying a short distance away, and she decided she'd just get it later. The water was calling. She let her sunglasses slip through her fingers and land safely on her towel.

I swear I'll find the cure for a broken heart.

Cara MiaKitty

Let's dance to joy division,
And raise our glass to the ceiling!
'Cause this could all go so wrong...
But we're so happy!
So if you're ever feeling down-
Grab your purse and take a taxi...
To the darker side of town,
That's where we'll be.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:44 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Dating Jeremy Long
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Determined
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceGypsy grinned when Jess agreed on her choice of location, dropping the beach bag (gently, though, given that it had breakable contents) and falling to her knees to dig around for the important stuff. The pink-haired girl pulled out her own beach towel, spreading it out next to Jess', and a few odds and ends she'd brought along to keep the towels from flying off in case the wind picked up or something. As of right now, that wasn't really a concern, but you never knew. When Jess said she wanted to swim first, she nodded in agreement. "Absolutely," she said. Then she pulled out a bottle of sunscreen, brandishing it with a smile. "But, do my back first? I do not want to be a lobster by the end of the day." It might come as a shock to some, but, yes, Gypsy could get a sunburn. Actually, Gypsy got positively awful sunburns, and while she could use her powers to cover the redness and make her skin look normal, it still hurt like a b***h. Actually, that was one of the rare occasions where she wouldn't use her powers to cover up something she disliked about her appearance; when she was burnt, she wanted everyone to know, that way no one touched it. Of course, that might not work out so well on her friends... she could just see Jer or Toby clapping their hands down on her shoulders and snickering about it. Bloody prats.

spaceGypsy followed suit and stripped off her tank top and shorts with a grin, settling down on her towel to put on the sunscreen. She watched in amusement as Jess tossed her shoes off, figuring that, hey, it was just a flip flop, right? Not that big a deal if it went missing over the course of the day. They could always find her a new pair. The Ravenclaw slid hers off as well, and tucked her own sunglasses into the bag before slathering the lotion onto her arms, glancing out at the waves with a grin. "I think we picked a good day to come out," she said with a firm nod. "It's gotten a bit hotter today than it has been, not too windy, sun's shining... it's actually pretty great." Gypsy could count the number of times she'd been to the beach on one hand, but she'd loved it every time she'd gone. Although, given how absolutely stunning she looked in her bikini, she was a little sad that she couldn't in good conscience invite Jer to tag along. She'd promised Jess that this Summer, there would be no boys... or, none of their boys. Other boys... well, Gypsy wouldn't hold it against the brunette if she got her flirt on. Hell, it'd probably be good for her. Who had time to be depressed when there were boys to flirt with, after all?

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:02 pm
I'm back in Liverpool,
And everything seems the same.
But I worked something out last night,
That changed this little girl's brain!
A small piece of advice-
Sixteen years in the make...
And I will break it to you now.
Please learn from my mistakes!

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Twin ~ Sixth Year Prefect ~ Hufflepuff Seeker ~
{feeling: determined} {thinking: ...} {with: Gypsy} {at: Beach}

Jess couldn't help but laugh a little; it seemed very odd, for Gypsy, of all people, to be worried about sunburn, but, after all, the other girl was a metamorphmagus. Jess really had no idea what her friend looked like with no changes to her body. That probably should have bothered her more than it did, but she'd never really minded. Gypsy was Gypsy, no matter what she looked like. "I'm lucky I hardly ever burn," she admitted, "With my Da being Irish and all." She thought she might put some on herself, though, just to keep her skin healthy. Jess usually tanned, but she didn't want to tan so much that she looked ridiculous for a good portion of the summer. Toby would never stop sniggering about it. Not that he had any business poking fun, he burned like a tomato if he got too much sun. Idiot.

She smiled a little brighter at the sight of Gypsy's bikini. It was so colorful she felt as if she was staring at a rainbow on a sugar high, which animal prints thrown in for good measure. "Nice," she said admiringly. "Yeah," she commented. "It's not too humid, either." one thing Jess couldn't stand in the summer was much humidity. It felt like you were wading through soup, and it was disgusting. Today, though, it was hotter and dryer, which was pretty perfect swimming weather. She didn't regularly go to the beach, either. She'd been a lot more often when she and Toby and Uriel were little, before Eleazar and Thea and Vio- she bit down on her tongue, hard, even though she hadn't even been saying anything. She took the sunscreen from her friend as soon as the other girl was done with her front. "Okay, hold on," she hummed under her breath distractedly, before rubbing the lotion onto Gypsy's back, so any chance of looking like a red sea creature could be avoided.

Jess put some on her own arms and face, glancing again at the ocean before deeming herself done and putting the sunscreen back in Gypsy's bag, making sure it was completely closed. It wouldn't do to have to get all over everything. Then she was very near to running as she sort of jogged down to the edge of water, to turn and wait for her friend. The water rushed in at her and lapped up around her ankles, and she squealed, as it was cold at first, before daring to walk backwards in up to her skinny knees, which shook until they got used to the water. "It's alright after you're in it for a moment or two!" she called to her friend.

I swear I'll find the cure for a broken heart.

Cara MiaKitty

Let's dance to joy division,
And raise our glass to the ceiling!
'Cause this could all go so wrong...
But we're so happy!
So if you're ever feeling down-
Grab your purse and take a taxi...
To the darker side of town,
That's where we'll be.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:40 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Dating Jeremy Long
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Determined
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceGypsy had to admit, she was almost jealous that Jess could get a tan. Which was utterly ridiculous, given that she could change her appearance at will and all she had to do to get a tan was want one, but still. There was something to be said for the ability to stand in the sun without SPF infinity on and come out brown instead of blistered. "What's your mum? Not English, surely. I don't think England gets enough sun for us to've developed the genetics to know what to do with it," she said with a cheeky grin. Her mum tanned easily enough, but her mum had some distinctly non-English genes that Gypsy wasn't particularly sure of the origin of. She thought they might be Spaniard or Italian, but he'd never asked. It wasn't like it mattered, right? Her father, on the other hand, was white as a sheet, and those just so happened to be the genes that'd gotten passed down. Or, she thought they were. She wasn't so sure about Echo, if she were honest. He spent so much time indoors that she had no idea if the kid were capable of getting a tan. If not for Quidditch, she'd say he didn't even know what the sun looked like.

spaceShe flashed the Hufflepuff a toothy grin at the compliment to her bikini. "Thanks. Your's is cute, too, although, I'd say it's a good thing it's not too windy. Got a feeling you'd be in for a major wardrobe malfunction if the waves got too rough," she said, expression thoughtful. They were here to have a good time, after all, it wouldn't do for Jess's strapless suit to get swept off in the current and leave her topless. She caught the look on Jess' face, and, not knowing the path her friend's thoughts had taken, assumed she was the cause. "Sorry. Guess that was sort of mean. It looks really good on you. And I don't actually think anything's gonna happen to it," she said, hoping that smoothed any ruffled feathers. She knew Jess could be insecure, which she sometimes felt a bit guilty about, because shouldn't she be doing something to give her friend a confidence boost? To be honest, though, she didn't know what to do in that regard; she didn't have issues like that. She was always confident... or, almost always, she thought, remembering with some annoyance how flustered she got with Jer all the time. Ugh, was that what it was like to be insecure? Because it sucked. Now more than ever, Gypsy wanted to come up with something that would boost Jess' self-esteem. She just had no idea what.

spaceShe followed the brunette out to the water, tensing up as a wave rolled over her feet. Sheesh, that was cold! But, the nice kind of cold, because the Summer air was hot, and the water was refreshing. Gypsy smiled at Jess again. "Well, only one way to get used to it," she declared, thinking back on last year, when she'd taken Michael to the joke shop. "You gotta dive right in!" The words had no sooner left her mouth than she was doing just that, throwing herself into the cold saltwater, forcing herself to hold her breath and stay under just for a second. When she came up for air, she was shivering ever so slightly, but she knew that it would stop after a second. "That feels amazing," she declared, because in spite of the mild discomfort, it really did. Especially now that her body was acclimating to the cold. She fell back in the water, floating there, closing her eyes. "Who's idea was this? Oh, right, mine. Because I'm ******** brilliant," she declared, sighing happily. This was going to be a good day.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:56 am
User Image

ஒ Half Blood ஒ Half Veela ஒ Hades

They can вεģ and they can ρℓεα∂,
                                                                        But they can't see the ℓιģнτ, that's яιģнτ.
                                                                        'Cause the вøÿ with the cold hard ¢αṡн
                                                                        Is αℓωαÿṡ Mister яιģнτ.

Amber had gotten to Cromer earlier that day and met with an old friend. Well more a brother really. He'd helped raised her when she was younger. He'd asked about her job, how she was, etc. Her family always wanted updates, and letters weren't good enough for them most days. He had stuff to do though, of course. Drug running was her guess. So they'd parted ways, and now Amber was headed towards a bar with Hades happily perched on her shoulder. It wasn't like any muggle would tell her no pets allowed. She was part veela after all, and muggles were the worst at resisting her. She pushed open a door and literally every eye was on her. It was like she was magic or something. She smirked at that thought and walked towards the bar.

There was no seating available but that didn't bother her. She walked up behind a rather large man who seemed to probably be from some gang or another.
                                                                        "Move." She said simply. The man turned around to shout at her, but the minute his eyes fell on her, a blush clouded his cheeks and literal drool began sliding from his lip. He immediately stood up and offered her his seat. She smirked and flicked her hand. "Leave me alone." The man looked ashamed and quickly backed up to give her space. She turned to the man sitting next to her and smirked. She had scouted this seat out on purpose. He was cute, at least kind of, and he looked like the type that would happily worship her for a night or two.. probably longer.... it depended on how much she liked him really. Or rather how much he liked her. She was still searching for someone who liked her enough to keep her interest. It was hard to beat her own ego though... even with her being part Veela.

"Hello sweetheart. Buy me a drink?"

Boys may ¢øмε and boys may ģø
                                                                        And τнατ'ṡ all яιģнτ you see
                                                                        εχρεяιεи¢ε has made me яι¢н
                                                                        And иøω they're after мε.

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:42 am
User Image

𝕬leksandr 𝕶amenev
я никому не уступлю

Alek left work early that day. One of the girls' needed money; she was a single-mother with no one to help support her, he knew. So he gave up his shift, clocked out, and roamed the streets of Cromer. It was better then heading home. Why bother with the stress and sobriety, right? So for the next few hours he made himself comfortable on a bar stool and caught the last half of a football game on the wide screen TV. ”Oi, 'nother round, yeah?” Alek waved to the tender, licked his lips and glanced around. It was starting to get busy; bodies crowded the dance floor now that all of the other seats were taken. Turning back forward to a fresh drink, Alek nodded in thanks and resumed watching the game.

"Move." He barely heard it over the crowd. The man next to him stirred, stood, and slipped away. In his place was something younger, and much tinier. 'And foxy,' the slow curve of a smile swept across his face from ear to ear. A little fennec fox was perched on the shoulders of a young woman; he couldn't even guess her age—she could be eighteen or thirty—it didn't matter, because she looked... well.. forever twenty-one. ”Uh-uhh—of course—I mean—yeah, ********> he babbled, never blinked, and waved the bartender over; though he had suspicions that the tender was drooling over her—just like every other bloke. (Alek would've been too, if he hadn't been dehydrated.) ”Her drink's on me,” he told the man across the counter and never even stopped to think twice. ”I'm Alek,” he said, almost tentatively; there was like an eighty percent chance she was going to take her free drink and walk away. But just in case she didn't... Well... He should at least try shutting his mouth and stop staring, right? ”Can I get you anything else?” He babbled, words pouring from his mouth and he couldn't stop. But he didn't care. He was ready to empty his wallet out and spend every last quid on her.

XXXXXXXXXX XXXXX Twenty-seven
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX Russian Squib
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX Cromer Pub

Devlyn Maycry

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:22 pm
User Image

ஒ Half Blood ஒ Half Veela ஒ Hades

They can вεģ and they can ρℓεα∂,
                                                                        But they can't see the ℓιģнτ, that's яιģнτ.
                                                                        'Cause the вøÿ with the cold hard ¢αṡн
                                                                        Is αℓωαÿṡ Mister яιģнτ.

Amber grinned when he stuttered his way through an approval of buying her a drink. She grinned at the bartender, who blushed immediately and fumbled the glass he was holding... almost dropping it. "Rum and Coke. On the Rocks." She purred, grinning as he made her drink, and then taking it when handed to her. When he fingers just barely brushed his, his blush got even brighter. Man she loved the effect she had on men. Especially muggle men....

She glanced at Alek when he introduced himself, and smiled seductively.
                                                                        "I'm Amber. And this is Hades." She breathed, reaching a delicate finger up to scritch under the fox's chin for a moment. She shrugged at his next question, and offered a wink. "Not yet... but I'm sure you'll have lots to offer me later tonight." She hinted, with a slow sip of her drink, before another wink.

Boys may ¢øмε and boys may ģø
                                                                        And τнατ'ṡ all яιģнτ you see
                                                                        εχρεяιεи¢ε has made me яι¢н
                                                                        And иøω they're after мε.

Essy ze Ninja

The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff