Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
County of Dorset ~ England

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:23 pm
Dorset

User Image

Dorset (or archaically, Dorsetshire), is a county in South West England on the English Channel coast. Dorset has a varied landscape featuring broad elevated chalk downs, steep limestone ridges and low-lying clay valleys. Over half the county is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and three-quarters of its coastline is a World Heritage Site that features notable landforms such as Lulworth Cove, the Isle of Portland, Chesil Beach and Durdle Door.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            「 Early Autumn 2038 」
                                            They always told me that-
                                            “You'll never get to heaven with a life like yours!
                                            Well, if you’re lost, little boy, the cameras pull you right back down, yeah
                                            It’s like a chemical burn, I'm peeling off your skin-
                                            And when you see your face, well, you'll never be the same again, yeah”

·♫· Aᴠɪᴀɴ Lᴏᴠᴇᴛᴛᴇ
                                                                    ( PurebloodRavenclaw AlumnusLilting Lyre Shop Assistant )
                                                                    ( Singer-SongwriterInstrument Artisan )
                                                                    ( Taken by Grace Mitchell)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Last week, Avian was helping Tassy to close the Lilting Lyre for the night when a letter was sent by Nike... using his old owl Athena? The letter asked him if they should talk somewhere in Dorset, while also telling him to keep Athena and telling him that she took great care of her. Reading the letter strangely made Avian miss his sister, even if the last time they saw each other it was rather... bad. Throughout their years back in Hogwarts, they either argue or ignore- and things had gotten worse for the both of them because of Cy not keeping his nose in families' businesses. Avian felt bad that he snapped at her in sixth year, and things went downhill before he could properly do an apology. Nike didn't look him in the eye after that incident, and Avian's past self was too busy being in rock-bottom to hate her. In fact, all he could blame was himself during that time. He remembered the time he lashed out at her and being a total a*****e, he didn't even remember why he was mad at her. Perhaps it was because back then he thought that Nike was happy about being heir and thus watches in the sidelines as Cyrus spills the tea, considering he know that Nike never liked staying in the sidelines...

But now, Avian no longer cared. He already accepted the fact and he moved on from it, now that he was actually free. He get to do what he really wanted from the start, and get to be with his lover Grace without any worry. Nowadays, he no longer gave a single damn about his father anymore, since Ezekiel was just a lost cause and just hard to please. He learned that all he had to please about is himself, but he guess he can thank Tassy and Tanya; considering they didn't let him wallow in being sorry with himself and having shitty self-esteem a few years back.

Donning his leather jacket over his purple button-down shirt, Avian apparated to the a certain empty park they were supposed to meet up. He thought he was way too early or way too late, until apparently Nike was the one who came in here first. The two siblings stared at each other, seeing that Nike was carrying a box. A suspiciously small box. Avian wanted to ask but he'd like to think that it can be answered later. But geez, back when they were young they were angry teenagers- ignoring each other at worst especially at the fallout. Avian felt embarrassed about his outburst to Nike, as he figured that it wasn't her fault. He was too angry at that time, too wrapped up to the rock bottom. But he wanted to let Nike speak first, since she was the one who approached him in the first place.

"Um. Hey."/"Hi."
                                            The both of them spoke up simultaneously, making them pause for a moment until Avian quickly said, "Oh. Um. You can- you go first." Nike looked like she was about to say exactly the same thing too until Avian gave her an unimpressed and insistent look, making her just nod her head awkwardly. "I. Um... I don't where to start, honestly."

Avian tried to control his frown, trying to be patient with her. He get it, she was nervous and they were both messed-up brother and sister. He was sure it was probably not their shitty parents' fault, but rather on him and Nike. He simply sighed and gestured that he didn't care where she will start because either way, she's going to get on the point.

"Right. Smart." Nike nodded sheepishly, trying to keep her face firm, "I know that the last time we saw each other, it was bad. And... we're being a pair of assholes at that time. I mean sure, we were teens back when but still-" Avian's face was in slight shock when he was starting to hear sniffles from his sister. Nike wasn't the type to cry, in fact she was the type to be snappy when she's upset. "Look, honestly? It's not the reason of me not knowing where to start. It's... it's the fact that I was being an a*****e of a sister. And, siblings are supposed to have each other's back but I- s**t." Nike gave him and furiously wiped the tears on er eyes angrily, failing to continue what she was going to say.

Oh. Oh s**t. Avian was under the impression that Nike thought it was her fault. Oh Heavens, he might have made Nike think it was her fault? That had to be the case. The older Ravenclaw looked down with guilt and bit his lip, unsure of what to say but eventually, maybe he didn't exactly have to say anything. He then stepped closer to his sister and put both of his hands on her shoulders, making her freeze and look at him with similar pale eyes. "It's not your fault," Avian said quickly, though from the look of her face his sister wasn't convinced, "I mean... If you're here to say sorry, well, I'm sorry too. Really."

"Dont be! I didn't stop-"

Avian shook his head and decided to hug her before she rambled more, and it made Nike look a bit upset about her "feelings being exposed" but the sniffles were heard nevertheless, "Yeahyeah I know, but I made you feel it was your fault when it shouldn't. I mean, maybe I was being too reckless at the time but now that I'm past that, I figured that I shouldn't have snapped at you, so yeah- I'm sorry," Avian withdrew his hands from his sister's shoulders and shoved them to his pockets, "And, um... actually, I mean I'm not telling you to leave me alone but I'm actually much better now. I realized that maybe being away from our father and away from that manor wasn't a bad thing," Avian then felt like that wasn't enough for Nike to accept what he was saying, since he figured that she was an overthinker. "And well, either way- It's okay, I... um, forgive you." Avian felt like saying that wasn't enough, but he didn't think it was a good idea to hug Nike all the sudden and say nothing either.

Nike just snorted, but her eyes were will damp. She shook her head at denial at first, then Nike sighed at second thought, "So, what? You count this as a blessing in disguise after all these years? Come on, Avian, you can't be this forgiving and all. This is too good to be true!"

"I mean..." Avian shrugged, unsure of how to word this correctly as he adjusting his glasses nervously, "If you put it that way? Maybe. But well, let's just say I'm not dad; I figured that he wasn't the type to give second chances..." Nike just scoffed, but not at Avian- but it was more of saying "Fair point." Honestly, talking about his dad only gave him a hit on a nerve. Sure, maybe Avian had sinned because he didn't want to stick with Sera and want to be with Grace- but Ezekiel made it look like Avian was immediately unforgiven. For a family who believed in the forgiving God, his dad was quite acting like a total pharisee. Not that Avian was going to abandon his faith, it's just...

"Yeah but what's next?" Nike asked him, feeling uncertain, "I was- I was expecting this to be a blow-up and... now that it turned out that I'm wrong, which is good, now I'm not sure."

Avian actually didn't know, because as much as he was kind- Avian wasn't exactly the best guy in forgiving people either. He's all into being passive-aggressive because that was an easy route, but this? This one is a shot in the dark, though again he wasn't unforgiving nor vindictive. "I dunno, but I do like it if we go for a drink? Three Broomsticks?"

"I mean," Nike softly chuckled, "That can work. " The answer was enough to finally get Avian to smile, relieved that they two of them finally sorted this one out. The two of them actually missed each other, except both of them weren't the type to admit that out loud. Ever. She finally cleared her throat and stepped back from her brother for a bit, giving a small recovered smirk, "By the way, wanna catch up about what I've been doing while we're on it? Like how I got a boyfriend and a flat with my best mate?"

"Eh, save it to the pub, Nike." Avian waved his hand, "Care to tell me what's in the box, though?"

"Something you left in Rutland, you know what it is," Nike smirked, seeing that Avian was getting the idea given his surprised stare, "You'll get it once we're in the the venue." The older brother nodded, still cannot stop smiling before they both apparated to Hogsmeade.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            « with [Nike] at [Dorset Park] »

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So go if you can’t burn inside
                                            ‘Cause the world don’t need another hopeless cause
                                            Though it makes me who I am
                                            ‘Cause it makes me who I am; and you made me who I am
                                            And you made me who I am: Be afraid of what I am!

Out of Character ◀◀xxx
                                            ((additional info under spoiler))

( PERSONAL FILESOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE )

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff