Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Tapestry Corridor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:06 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

seventh year || Slytherin || halfblood
Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick lancer

Milan.” Echo hissed, pressing fury into her voice. She would stand by her brother in anything, no questions asked, but conversely she had hoped he would take her cue of calming the ******** down and talking this over. But it was like he was leveling an ultimatum at her chest.

She got between them and, thankfully, Syd backed up.

“I’m with him because he was there for me when no one else was.” Echo replied, her voice deceptively cool. Within her head though, a dozen thoughts clamored over each other in a rising roar:

Better? Better?! Everyone else was busy embroiled in their own struggles. The world isn’t fair and no one gets what they deserve. Deserve? No one cares about that. Syd was there. Everyone else was–

Everyone else? Was there a follow-up investigation where we dusted the room for peanut residue? Have I missed a definitive report from Madam Kavanaugh pinpointing one person? Or is ‘everyone else’ simply repeating the only rumored theory their feeble brains can latch onto? Either someone is deliberately hiding that they poisoned you, in which case
of course they would exploit your poor relationship, or everyone is grasping at straws, repeating the loudest and most dramatic story possible? Drama! Lights! We know that’s what sells and didn't we deliberately make a point not to print that kind of journalism? Why are we engaging with this in our lives? Don’t we have enough drama? Why am I thinking of journalism at a time like this?

And you! Syd can you for one second acknowledge it might have been an accident and you might have been involved? Repeating the denial without looking for other clues didn’t help. Go visit the guy and make a show of allegiance. Let him dress you nicer. Get along! It’s been over a year, why are you still fighting? He’s my brother. I thought I made this clear to you. I asked the two of you one. Simple task. Work out your differences. For my sake. Ignore each other if you must, but ******** deal with it–

She wasn’t sure when hooking up for art, drugs, and sex had turned into the assumption they were dating or with each other in any sense, but it was a misconception Echo had long since not cared to correct. She didn’t hate being with Syd. He could put more effort into how he dressed and conducted himself, but given that she preferred their interactions without clothes anyways, it was something she was happy to put out of mind. She couldn't honestly say she was excited about being his paramour– she preferred kissing him to talking to him, yet over the winter break she had found herself daydreaming about that kiss with Daphne while staring at Taylor’s photoshoot more than she ever daydreamed of Syd. That was probably bad. Maybe it was stress. What did she expect out of their relationship in the future? Meeting up once or twice a month on Hogsmeade weekends for mind-blowing sex? Actually doesn’t sound that bad but knowing him he’d want to hold hands and go on dates and write letters or some tiresome s**t. And just on Hogsmeade weekends? And how was she supposed to introduce him to Momma? Was this what Milan was getting at?

Echo let out a breath she hadn’t known she was holding. ”Now can we work things out?”

“I can’t do this anymore, Echo.”

The tide of emotion froze suddenly, like all the water in the world was balanced on a string. What…did Syd mean? He couldn’t do this conversation? He couldn’t deal with Milan? He couldn’t deal with her? Was he mad or overwhelmed–this wasn’t an emotional outburst. He wasn’t reacting. He wasn’t looking at MIlan. He was looking at her.

”Wait!” Echo cried out before her thoughts could fully process the situation. Nothing was going to get worked out. Milan and Syd were just going to hate each other. Nothing was going to…Was Syd making her choose?

Silly, pathetic Syd, who had groveled for winning a match? Making her choose?

Syd knew she’d never choose him over her quadruplets…right? Was this his play? Maybe this is for the better. We were headed for a breakup anyways. Maybe this, now–

”Syd, wait! You can’t. You– You have to do this.”
Echo couldn’t just let him go like that. Her eyes flickered away from Syd– to Milan, back to Syd, but her eyes were glazed over, blurring as she panicked. She could feel rather than see that the figures in the tapestries surrounding them were staring at the three of them now. And in her mind’s eyes remembered the image of a large lady with one hand on her stomach and the other perpetually in the hand of her lover. She blinked her vision back into focus and she blurted the first thing that came to mind–I’m pregnant.”

What the ******** was she saying? Was that supposed to solve anything? But the words had come out of her mouth. ********. All there was to do was double down. Make the lie a truth. ”I mean–I thought– because I threw up this morning.” Kinda. She’d spilled coffee over herself.

”I missed my last period.” Truth. Probably due to stress, but it was still a truth.

”I’ve gained weight.” Truth. Again probably due to stress and a few too many chocolate shakes at dinner, but truth.

”And I haven’t been with any other guys, so it has to be yours.” Technically true. She’d kissed Daphne and daydreamed of Taylor, and while that had gotten hot, it wasn’t like Daphne or daydreams of Taylor could get her pregnant.

”I-I meant to tell you both another time. But you have to get along because….” Echo touched the belly of her skirt as convincingly as she could as she trailed off.

What the ******** was she doing??

setting Tapestry Corridor, January 2060, soon after returning from Winter Break || with Milan and Syd
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing Sunshine and Navy
status What the actual ******** am I doing?

Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
And I-I-I can't stop
No, I-I-I can't stop
So, baby, pull me closer
In the back seat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
✩★
~"Closer" by the Chainsmokers. Cover by Jonathan Young ft Travis Carte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:59 pm
CW: suicidal ideation
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Tapestry Corridor
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Stupid Barrett
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Confrontation
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Let him try something

Milan narrowed his eyes when Echo practically hissed his name. At this point, he was about to give up. She very clearly didn't care anymore, so why should he? It was then that her words cut sharp into his very heart. The taller boy stumbled back a bit, eyes widening in the immediate hurt of Echo's words. How could she say that? How could the person he trusted the most stab a knife into him and twist it. She didn't even sound bothered over the words, not recoiling or anything at all. She didn't even seem to care.

Does she even care? I wasn't purposely ignoring her. I was in mourning! I had just lost my best friend. The person I hoped to have in my life forever... either as a brother or... no, Milan, don't follow that train of thought. Please, please don't follow the train back into the dark. He tried to plead with himself, because the urges of last year were creeping back into his brain. The vivid nightmares flashed in his brain, tormenting him in every way. Even last year... even then Echo seemed to avoid him, too focused on Syd and her own vices... not to mention the eternal struggle of keeping their younger sister from actively trying to end her own life.

Even then, those were just excuses. She couldn't be bothered to give a damn about you. You've been the odd one out forever. No wonder she's choosing Syd over you. He's not even that bad. You're just a horrible, garbage person. Because you can't have love, no one else can? And what happens when the others fall in love again? Not like anyone loves you, Milan. Literally no one gives a s**t whether you live or die. Your roommates certainly wouldn't fight to keep you alive. And why should they? You're useless and everyone, even your sisters know it.

Blue eyes squeezed closed a minute, trying to level his breathing to prevent any sort of tears. He couldn't fail now. If he did... what was all of this for? Why the hell are you fighting so hard to keep your sisters close when it was evident she doesn't give two shits about you? No one does. Maybe you should've just kept your EpiPen to yourself. It would've been a tragic accident... no one would blame you. You wouldn't be at fault... no more nightmares. No more dark clouds in your head.

It was then that Echo spoke again, earning a side-eye from her brother, before he looked over at Syd. "Honestly. That's the first smart thing I've heard you say, Barrett." That wasn't even true. He'd heard many good bits from Syd. Hell, that's why he'd chosen him as Vice Captain in Quidditch. He seemed nice to everyone... but something about him being with Echo... maybe wasn't even his fault. Echo just... so casually dismissed the idea of love. Reduced it to the barest physical components. What Milan wouldn't do for even one person to be interested in him. (well. one age-appropriate person.) Literally no one that knew him truly liked him.

And just like that, his downward spiral was halted. Echo was telling Syd he had to do this... Wait... why?

I’m pregnant.”

Milan's bag dropped to the ground, jacket laying in a crumpled heap as he looked at his sister. The entire world seemed to pause with bated breath as the words settled. She'd missed a period... gained weight (though not enough to be noticeable, at least in this outfit)... it had to be Syd's. A blink, followed by a heavy breath. Well. He supposed Syd was tied to their family forever, then. There you go, Milan. She'll never prioritize you again. You literally mean nothing to her now. Syd wins. Now and forever. And no one will ever want you, a bitter, washed-up rich boy with no sense of family. You've always been on the way out, sorting proved it. You don't belong and never will.

A deep breath, tears forming at the edges of his eyes, barely hidden behind thick lenses. Echo moved to rest her hand on her belly, as if to highlight the child she was now growing. The dark thoughts were overtaking, and Milan didn't have the energy to fight off the negative feelings. Somewhere in his mind, escape plans formed. What the hell was he supposed to say in this situation? What was he supposed to do? And most curiously... would they both slip back into their terrible habits? Would the next Wellbelove to fall indeed be him? Yari had been saved. As had he, only days ago.. but now...

now he wasn't sure if he wanted to be saved.

"Congrats... I guess." The words were bitter as they left, like he was spitting acid. As if to prove a point, a curl of bile came up into his throat, a painful reminder of last year. The parts no one saw. Everyone knew he'd given up, he'd taken potions just to keep himself functional, if only as a zombie. And now he just had to deal with everything. What was going to happen next? A shotgun wedding? A life where he'd never get to see his sister without Syd and a child? He bowed his head a bit, messy brown hair falling into his eyes. He wanted nothing more than to down a dreamless sleep potion and just. Stop thinking for a while... no. He wanted a Draught of Living Death.... and then maybe never an antidote. After all... it seemed the only thing impeding Echo's happiness was his stupid, useless self. Would not this be the best possible gift for her?

{{Wearing :: Grey and Yellow}}
          {{OoC: Yikers, that got dark. Uh... haha... guess who's spiraling into depression again?}}
          addaellis

Kiska166

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Tᴡɪsᴛɪɴ' ᴡᴏʀᴅs, ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴ
          Bʀᴏᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴀss, ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀɢʀᴇᴇɴ
          Iᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴘɪʟʟ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Wɪsʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ғᴀᴄᴇs
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇs ᴀʟʟ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇʀᴀsᴇ ᴛʜɪs
          Is ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʏ? Is ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴅ?
          Wɪsʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ғᴀᴄᴇs
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:16 am
User Image

I am just a new b o y
                                                S t r a n g e r in this town

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Quidditch Vice Captain & Seeker
                                                Daily Dragon & Art Club Artist

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Echo continued defending Syd by saying that he was there for her when no one else was. As she admitted why she chose him, his tummy felt warm inside. That was the most vulnerable she had been around him, at least while sober. When they were high, deep thoughts came out in words as best as they could make out, but then again, they were both high and didn’t necessarily remember everything correctly. Additionally, Echo always seemed to play off whatever she said the next day as nonsense. It made Syd feel pretty crummy considering he meant what he had told her, but he followed her suit and played it off as nonsense as well.

Even now, he didn’t know where they stood. Whenever he had tried to bring that particular topic up, Echo would brush him off and change the subject, typically leaving him feeling more lost than usual. But when they were physical with one another, everything seemed to not only make sense, but nothing else mattered besides that moment, in which he was sure they both felt good. But once they were done, reality came flooding back. He wasn’t her boyfriend, and what he believed to be the biggest reason as to why was due to Milan’s issues with him. Those two were never going to sort out their differences and stop fighting. Hell, if Milan pushed Syd back, he was sure they would have ended up in a fight on the corridor floor. So, he told Echo that he couldn’t do this anymore. He could no longer try and solve his problems with her brother.

Echo startled Syd as she yelled out “Wait!” Did she think she had some magical cure for Milan and Syd to finally get along? He hated to break it to her, but if nothing had worked thus far, nothing was going to. Next, she told him he had to do this. Do what? Work things out with Milan? There was no way. It wasn’t up to him at this point. Maybe the person she should have been begging to fix this situation was Milan himself. Syd was done trying. Syd opened his mouth to speak but was quickly interrupted with Echo telling him she was pregnant. He blinked, part of him processing what she had just said while another part of him convinced himself he had misheard her.

Pregnant? Did you just say you’re pregnant? No, you’re not pregnant. We use condoms... usually. But you’re also on birth control... I think. Oh, God. Was she pregnant? Syd took a step back, panic replacing confusion. Suddenly, he realized that he didn’t know much about what she did to prevent getting pregnant, and that they were maybe not as careful or as immune to anything bad happening as he had thought. Are those all signs of pregnancy? Syd didn’t know. But what he did know was that he was not ready for this. Even if Echo was determined to go through with having a kid, their kid, he wasn’t ready. Light eyes trailed downward, following her hand as she laid it on her belly to show that she was with child. Fuuuuuck... Still processing the situation, Syd hadn’t acknowledged (or even really heard) Milan’s bitter congratulations. As the moment went on, panic became more and more apparent on his visage. He mustered out, “What the ********> before leaning up against the wall beside him and sliding down to the ground. Syd sat for a moment, staring straight ahead. His life was in shambles. “What are you going to do?” he asked, looking back up at Echo. Maybe, just maybe, she’d be willing to get an abortion. Then all would be well again.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Will some w o m a n in this desert land
                                                Make me feel like a r e a l man?

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas