Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Bell Towers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:18 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Bell Tower
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sparrow
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Impromptu Concert
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I love this song

Finley watched as the younger Gryffindor seemed to run the gambit of emotions. Had he offended her when asking about her mimicking... thing? Or had she had her own ideas on why she did it? Maybe it was some weird theatre thing? Either way, she had him confused. Luckily (or maybe not so much), she seemed to cling to his stage fright. Okay, this was a topic he could attempt... or at least deflect properly. She did, however, agree that they needed to start small. Cool, at least his request hadn't completely fallen on deaf ears.

When his hands were held, a confusion hit Finley, paired with a warmth in his cheeks. Suddenly she was tumbling away, as if to prove her boundless energy. Next she was calling him to action, saying they were starting this now. "Oh... um... well, okay. But... uh..." His words seemed to fail him, but he slipped to his knees to grab his trumpet from its case. His hands shook a bit as he put on the mouthpiece, but with a hesitant sigh, he watched the girl do some sort of introduction. "Inaugural, Sparrow, and it's not the first performance. You've heard me play before..."

Taking a deep, calming breath, Finley lifted his trumpet, playing the slow, jazzy notes of La Vie En Rose by Louis Armstrong. Hopefully she'd like it...

addaellis

Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ
Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ sᴏᴜʟ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ?
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰɪsᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴀᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇɢs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴇᴛᴛʟɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ɢʀᴀʏ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ, Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟᴇꜰᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴍʙs ᴇxᴘʟᴏᴅᴇ, ɪꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Fᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴀʀᴇ, I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:08 am
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Fifth Year Slytherin
Quidditch Beater ✌ Dueling Club Captain

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

Chadwick sighed, he had left a note for Callie to meet him at the clock tower, he didn’t want to do this in a place she found pleasant, like the astronomy tower or hogsmeade. What if Calli head deep feelings for him and his broke her heart? Chadwick couldn’t help it, he needed to end it with her, he just didn’t like her like one should like a girl friend. They had gone a dozen dates, spent time with each other, and yet, she was only a friend. Heck, Chadwick enjoyed spending time with Finley more than he enjoyed the time spent with Callie.

He stood and waited for the sweet girl to come, and hoped that when he ended their relationship she would still be friends with him... and that she wouldn’t set her family to make his remaining days at Hogwarts horrible.

▬▬"The real question I guess is - do I deserve you?" ▬▬

Where: Clock Tower
With Whom: Calli-ope
Thinking about: Some things just have to come to an end.
Description: 5'7" blond teen with blue eyes wearing black pants, dark purple to

Cinnabun Gryffie

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:34 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Belle Tower
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Chadwick Knapp
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? I'm not sure...
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Something seems off...

Callie had received a letter - how quaint - from Chadwick, asking her to meet him atop the bell tower. Of course she would, though she couldn't help the burning question. Just why did Chadwick wish to meet her there? Wrapping her winter cloak around herself, Callie made the trek over to the tower. The blonde teen was standing there, looking.... troubled, perhaps? "Good afternoon, Chadwick. I got your note.... though I'm sure you can figure that one out." A warmth curled over her cheeks, the girl looking down at her feet for a moment before it passed. Then it was back to answer her earlier question. "Why'd you want to meet here? Is it just somewhere you enjoy?"

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:59 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Fifth Year Slytherin

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

When Callie showed up he smiled a little at her, and then she asked if he enjoyed it here. He shrugged, ”It’s a neat spot. You know, these bell towers mark the beginning of the year, it’s the first part of Hogwarts everyone sees, the last thing they see when they leave. That, and the passing of time. The towers never cahnge, but the people that look at them do.”

He sighed ”callie, I’ve really enjoyed spending time with you, it really has been nice but. Idon’t think we make a good match. I uh. I think I may like someone else. I really wanted us to work but... I don’t think it was ever going to work. Just like Sparrow and I were never going to work. I uh. I’m sorry Callie. I hope we can still be friends even if we aren’t being more than friends?” Chadwick was super nervous over how Callie would take this, she seemed like a chill person, she probably wouldn’t scream at the top of her lungs being upset over this, but if she was....maybe someone would think there was something wrong with the clock tower gears?

With Whom: Calli-ope
Thinking about: Some things just have to come to an end.

Cinnabun Gryffie

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Belle Tower
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Chadwick Knapp
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? A breaking of romance
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This probably could have gone better...

Callie nodded as Chadwick explained why he'd chosen the bell towers. It was a very... deep explanation, but one she quite enjoyed. Sure enough, she remembered the first time she'd seen the tower from the lake, a beautiful and magical moment. To think if it also being the last part of the school she'd see.... that made her a bit sad. Her thoughts were swept away by Chadwick's heavy sigh, then his words. Oh no. It was like in the books. Compliment.... and sure enough he wished to separate. Apparently his heart was longing for someone else.

Callie gently pulled on her long hair, then sighed. "No, it's.... I understand. Sometimes the heart is quite fickle. I hope.... well, I hope that your heart can make beautiful music with the one its destined to be with. And I hope that you find peace." She offered a smile, though it was a sad sort. Dark blue eyes held tears that rested on her bottom lashes, not quite ready to fall. "I would like to remain friends though. You're very sweet, and you and ... well, whomever, will be quite happy, I think." She stepped forward, giving Chadwick a gentle hug. Once she stepped back, the blonde nodded, then turned and walked out. Maybe she'd go curl up with a nice book.... or just go and sit up in bed... Something that wasn't here.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:33 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Fifth Year Slytherin

Chadwick blushed profusely when Callie mentioned making music, did she know who Chadwick liked? She seemed to take it well... but her eyes betrayed her. She hugged Chadwick and took off before he could say anything back to her. He wanted to explain himself... but maybe it was best she left now. She knew how to handle herself...he hoped. He looked out of the tower, maybe he could send Finley and owl and have him check up on Callie... or his brother. Cenek was also a Ravenclaw, and was closer to Callie’s age...although, maybe she wouldn’t want to see someone who shared Chadwick’s face...Finley was the better option.

Chadwick whispered to no one, especially since Callie had left, ”Sorry for hurting you...It’s not your fault you aren’t a boy...” Chadwick sighed, he had definitely began falling in love with his best friend, Finley Archer.

With Whom: his thoughts
Thinking about: How did I come to this

Cinnabun Gryffie

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:11 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

sixth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Language Club student
Namaste Club yogi || Quidditch beater and captain

Eden remembered the stress of OWLs all too well. He had done nothing but study the whole of last year, and had thrown up before his first exam out of nerves. He had hated every moment, and looking back he was still upset. There had to have been some more time he could squeeze out of studying, right? If he had studied more, maybe he could have done better on his exams and Mattie wouldn’t have lost her guitar and--well, he’d been down that lane of thought entirely too much over the last year. He stopped it short and focused on the task at hand.

As malcontent as he had been and as much studying as he thought he should have done last year, it hurt to watch his girlfriend study so much in preparation for her own OWLs. They hadn’t had much time to spend together lately, but he was hoping to give her a little reprieve--a little bastion of relaxation before the fight. The Bell Towers wasn't their usual spot, but it had a wonderful view of the sunset and night sky, so they had agreed to meet there. So Eden was there, a few minutes early, armed with a thermos of hot chocolate and a few magically duplicated quilts. Eden laid a few out quilts on the ground and propped a few pillows against the wall as he awaited his Starflower.

setting Bell Towers, a week before OWLs || with Awaiting his Starflower
appearance 5’8”, fit || wearing black shirt and khakis[/url + warm green jacket
status Calm before the storm

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Don’t close your eyes, it’ll all be okay
Come dry yourself beside the fire
Made of all those former worries that you’ve carried inside you
There’s no need for names
Just let them burn, we’ll warm ourselves with the flames

♖♜
~"The River with No Name" by Radical Face.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:45 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Bell Tower
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden Harper
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? A very sweet date
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He made it so cozy!

Callie was both excited and nervous for her upcoming exams. Sure, they played a big role in her continued schooling and whatnot, but at the same point, she felt fairly confident. Not though she was being cocky about her own skill level, but she felt comfortable about the skill of all her collective friends who had taken time to teach their favorite subjects. Callie just loved how their eyes lit up as they discussed those classes that brought them joy, then transferred their knowledge. Somehow, it just made it stick better.

That night, she was headed up to the bell towers. Not her usual haunt, but perhaps that made it more unique. Plus, the other tower would have a better view of the plough around Polaris... at least it should, if her calculations were correct. Plus, the bell towers brought about time to spend with Eden, which made it all the better. She straightened her shawl, then stepped into view. Eden had set out some soft quilts and some pillows, providing a perfect place to rest and relax.

"Oh Eden, it's beautiful. I love it!" She moved to sit beside him, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek. She looked out at the sky, admiring the soft hues of sunset. She sent a grin over toward the boy, glad that he'd set up this cozy place to get some reprieve from the studies. "It's such a lovely way to enjoy an evening. Plus with exams in the next couple weeks... well... it's nice to have a night off worrying about studies and classes." She pulled her hair back, tucking it behind her ear as she admired the scenery... and more subtly, the boy she was with.

{{OoC: Callie's springtime outfit}}
          addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:04 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Eden turned with a soft smile when he heard his girlfriend arrive. Calliope kissed him gently on the cheek in greeting, and he set the pillow in his hands aside to give her a soft squeeze in return. Callie seemed pleased by the set up, which made everything worthwhile.

”Good, that was the intention,” he replied. Perhaps he was just feeling extra cuddly that night and he wrapped his petite girlfriend in a hug, lightly setting his chin atop her head to admire the sunset together. Callie barely came up to his shoulder, ”OWLs were...hard. And intense. I know you always seem to be so calm and go with the flow, but...well I hoped we could have a moment really to ourselves before the big fight.”.

It wasn’t like one of his historical war stories where one or both of them were likely not to come back, but exams were their own form of conflict and battle, and he knew it would be stressful. ”I’m sure you’re confident about Astronomy and Music. And no doubt Potions. Defence I’m sure you’ll be better than I will, you keep a cool head. And we can keep going over Transfiguration, Healing and Arithmancy up until the days of the exam.”

The sun sank into the horizon, the last red rays of light bending over the Hogwarts campus. It was a very normal sunset, yet it seemed particularly beautiful because of the beautiful girl in his arms. His tone softened as he pulled away to gaze at her, holding her hand gently. ”Anyways, we don’t have to talk about classes tonight. I just..You know I’m always there for you if you need a hug after an exam or something.”

With a gentle smooch on her forehead, he moved away to pour her some hot chocolate. ”Tell me something about Callie Whitethorne I don’t know yet? Should I have prepared lemonade instead of hot chocolate?” he asked, subtly teasing the adorable lemon dress she had for tonight's date. She was cuter than anyone had any right to be.

appearance 5’8”, fit || wearing black shirt and khakis + warm green jacket
status Calm before the storm

♖♜

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He made it so cozy!

Callie grinned when Eden wrapped her in a comfy hug. She nestled her cheek on his shoulder, humming softly. They sat in a comfortable quiet for a few moments, watching as the sun sank below the horizon. Eden spoke up, mentioning that OWLs had been difficult. She was prepared for that, but until he mentioned "the big fight", she wasn't sure how bad it was. "The big fight... hopefully it's not that chaotic. If so, well, I've had an excellent dueling tutor." She grinned up at him, hoping he caught the drift of her words.

He then spoke up on the classes he was sure she'd do well in, then the ones she had more struggle with. Luckily, he then mentioned being there if she needed a hug after the exams. "That's very sweet. I can't wait for hugs... and may collect on them even before exams." She let out a small chuckle, luckily feeling safe around the boy. He had such a wonderful aura of protectiveness he exuded. It always made her feel loved. She seemed to always find the people who could best protect her when she needed them most.

She stretched out a bit, accepting the small mug of cocoa. He asked her to tell him something about her.... something he didn't know. Then he teased about lemonade, since she was wearing a festive lemony dress. "Something about me... that you don't already know... hmm..." She pondered for a second, trying to think of something he didn't know. Since she was fairly open, he knew much of her life... at least since she started Wool's. He, or anyone else, didn't particularly know much about her history beyond that.

Callie sat up, looking out in the distance. "Well, I've never told you about my... well, my origin. How I became me, you know? You know a lot about my current family, and even my time at Wool's... though nothing about the time before. Then again... no one really does. My parents know most of it, but even then..." She tugged on her hair, letting it fall around her in a curtain. What would she even say? How would she explain that she'd been kidnapped as a baby, raised by a man who left her at home with only a house elf... a lot.... and when she was old enough, by whatever standards, he used her as food. She sighed, biting her lip as she tried to figure out something to say. A moment of regret washed over the girl, Callie wishing she hadn't said anything at all. Eden made her feel safe, but so had her father. Unfortunately, one proved quite a bit less than safe, but hopefully Eden would prove wonderful.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:45 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Eden flushed a little when Callie mentioned that if the OWLs fight was really quite that bad then at least she had an excellent dueling tutor. He was glad he never felt like he had to hold back against his own girlfriend--and besides, he figured she got more out of it that way.

He was glad Callie chuckled at his offer of hugs or anything else. ”For you Callie, anytime.”. Sometimes Eden worried he was being “overprotective” or “naggy”, but Callie somehow managed to turn it all into something positive and sweet.

It was times like these that Eden understood Weslyn’s points. If nothing else, she had been right in one regard: He and Wes had to work so hard to make anything work, but with Calliope...well, it just worked. Eden didn’t have to prepare subjects of conversation for dates, he wasn’t the one doing all the planning or invites, hugs and kisses weren’t awkward. If they happened, they just did. If they didn’t, they didn’t. He still liked structure and plans, but with Callie it was okay if the plan was “let’s hang out tomorrow afternoon”. If they ended up taking a walk and talking, that was okay. If they studied together, it was because they genuinely had something to learn from each other, not just because they happened to have the same classes. Embarrassing as it was for him to be getting Astronomy or Potions tips from someone a year younger than him, it made sense-- Calliope just saw things in such a different way that he found himself questioning what he was really looking at. And if he decided it didn’t make sense, just thinking things through with Callie was nice. Eden wasn’t quite sure what was so different, but it was just so much easier. Maybe it was because they were still relatively young--not even a year--into their relationship, but it felt stronger than his relationship with Weslyn had ever been.

He offered her the mug as he asked for something he didn’t already know. There wasn’t much about his current life outside of school, clubs, and Mattie, and he knew about her being part of Professor Whitethorne’s family. She knew the lay of the land when it came to his life growing up and previous relationship, just as he knew about her time at Wool’s. But like she mentioned, everything about who Calliope Whitethorne had been before she was at Wool’s was a mystery to him. Eden hadn’t dared ask yet. Of course he was curious, but he didn’t want to ask if knowing meant it would change something. Let them revel in their relationship a little more like this.

Eden sipped his own hot cocoa to avoid replying immediately. Finally, when he saw Callie tugging her hair, losing her thoughts behind a gentle curtain of hair, he set his mug down and brushed her hair behind her ear. Eden held her gaze gently. ”If you’re ready to talk about it with me, I’m happy to listen. But if you’re not, don’t push yourself.”

status Questions of the past

♖♜

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This had to happen

Callie smiled softly when Eden agreed to hugs, anytime... and apparently just for her. She was happy to be the exclusive member of that club, though she wouldn't mind sharing... Hugs, that is. Not the whole Eden. When the conversation shifted, she could feel it becoming more heavy, a weight settling on her heart as she wondered what to say. What if Eden was disgusted by her? Her past, her very core was tied in what she would eventually have to share. But, on the other hand, what if he was supportive, protective, as he usually was? Some wonderful hero to help cut through her mental fog?

As her hair fell into a curtain around her face, Eden quickly moved her hair, bringing the light back into her thoughts as he spoke sweet words. "I know, it's just... difficult. But, I ought to tell someone, and you're the person I trust most." She offered a timid grin, then took a deep breath. "When I was young, I was raised by a man I knew as my Father. Now that I'm older, I don't know how true that actually was... but anyway. He taught me everything from piano to Astronomy... to everything else. I always thought of him as a good man... but... I suppose it wasn't so."

With small movements of her nimble fingers, Callie untied the shawl of her dress, for the first time exposing the silvery scars at the base of her throat. "He was a vampire. Raising me for... well... sustenance. When I was really little, he'd go out to eat. Then as I got older... he was home more and more. But um... yea. That's... it should explain a lot about me. Why I like nighttime better, why I'm not squeamish by anything in Healing class... the fact that going into the sunlight causes a bunch of pain... all that." She sighed, wiping tears from her bottom lashes as she stared at her lap. She was almost afraid of Eden's response, but at the same time, she knew it needed to be said.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:32 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

"...And you're the person I trust most."

Eden felt a surge of affection-- he wasn’t irresponsible, but he wished he could do more, to be more for Callie. He was her most trusted person--even more than Professor Whitethorne. That meant more than words. Instead, he just took Callie’s hand and squeezed it gently, hoping that gesture could express his appreciation for her trust.

Eden listened quietly, gently running his thumb across Callie’s knuckles. He was about to question what she meant--what had she learned about this Father figure? With small movements, Callie untied her shawl. Eden was so surprised he couldn’t react at first. What in what she had said had led to this? And outside too! Sure the sun was going down now, but Callie was sensitive to light! Eden almost blushed, before realizing Callie was trying to show him something on her skin.

He leaned closer as she explained. Eden’s fingers gently brushed the base of her neck, and suddenly he could see it-- dozens of silvery crescents, maring her angelic skin.

"He was a vampire. Raising me for... well... sustenance."

Fury and fear clenched in his stomach. Eden knew only what was in their DADA textbooks about vampires, but he had a sneaking suspicion there were a few bona-fide vampires at Hogwarts and he might have known some closer than he was aware. But raising a child--his Callie for food? The thought of it had his fingers trembling slightly and he pulled his hand away to hide his clenched fist.

It did explain a few things: how she was always so unfettered: she had already gone through such terrible things. She was a victim of some of the worst parenting a young child could get, and he was surprised she wasn’t more messed up or angry with this ‘Father’ vampire. But he also had more questions: was she part vampire from all his...feedings? Had he kept her locked up or in a cage? Was the perpetrator dead now? He better be!

Callie sighed and Eden snapped his gaze up abruptly before realizing she was about to cry. He took a deep, steadying breath and reached to wrap her in a protective hug. ”You’re safe now,” he murmured gently, running a shaking hand down her hair. ”Does it still hurt?”

status If I ever meet this guy, dead or alive, I will kill him a thousand times over.

♖♜

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I think I messed up...

Callie felt a swirl of emotions rise up into her belly. She hadn't shared even this much with anyone outside her immediate family. She was sure the rest of her family knew at least some details, but she hadn't bothered to figure it out. It was most likely they knew, especially since there hadn't really been a reason for her parents to adopt, outside the specific circumstance that Callie happened to be.

As she spoke, she could feel Eden's anger begin stirring. Was... was he mad on her behalf? She looked over at him, curling in as Eden wrapped her in a comforting hug. He told her she was safe, then asked if it still hurt. "N-no. It doesn't hurt anymore. Not physically, anyway. And... please don't be upset. It happened long ago, and it won't happen ever again. I've got lots of people around to protect me. And I'm safe with one such as you."

She snuggled into Eden's chest, taking a deep breath. "It's a lot better now. I have a big family who all love me. I've got lots of friends too, which helps a lot. Plus I know that I don't have to worry about anyone ever using me for food again." She tried to make light of the situation, a small chuckle added on the end. It was a little soft, though, betraying that her mind was still a haze. Either way, it was messing up her aura. She moved to squeeze Eden's hand, sending him a grin. Hopefully she didn't completely ruin the evening.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:26 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Eden tightened his arms around her as Callie snuggled into him. She said it didn’t hurt anymore...physically anyways. Which just meant it still hurt emotionally, like a mental bug latched into her mind, like an injury that never quite healed right, like a phantom limb that hurt even though the limb was gone.

”I..have to know. Did they catch him?” Eden murmured, his voice monotone, as he fought to keep his anger at this ‘Father’ from showing. ”Is this...this ‘Father’. Is he dead or in Azkaban at least?”

He took a deep breath when he felt her own breath. No, he couldn’t think about the enemy right now. ”Yes, You have a family who loves you. And friends who love you. And me.” he echoed, firmly agreeing. She made a little joke about the food thing that Eden couldn’t quite bring himself to laugh at. Eden steeled himself, trying to process everything he’d just found out. This went beyond poor parenting--the vampire had raised his ‘daughter’ for slaughter. Actually, given Callie’s words earlier, it sounded like she’d been possibly kidnapped and raised for slaughter. What was he supposed to do, congratulate the man on having furnished her cage with an instrument and telescope?

And then there was...well...Eden was afraid, now that he knew. He didn’t want to lose Calliope how he had lost Weslyn, to a past he couldn’t protect them from and his own inability to shut up sometimes. He had to do better. “Callie.” He searched her eyes as though the blue reflected in them could tell him the words for his questions. “Thank you for trusting me with this. I...How much are you okay with talking about? With other people. Or just...at all?”

Now that she had told him...did she wish she hadn’t?

setting Bell Towers, a week before OWLs || with His Starflower
status If I ever meet this guy, dead or alive, I will kill him a thousand times over.

[align=center][color=white]_______________[/color][/align]

[url=https://pin.it/7a3pMG7][imgleft="height=100,width=100
https://i.imgur.com/3BQKCFV.jpg[/imgleft]User ImageUser Image

♖♜

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff