Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
County of Lancashire ~ England Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:40 am
User Image
                                                        Cᴏɴsᴛᴀɴᴛ_Vᴀɴ Gʀᴏᴏᴛspaces
                                                        ( Dutch Half-BloodBeauxbatons AlumniMusician and More ) xx

_𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥, 𝐡𝐞’𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫
                                                        _𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫
                                                        _𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞
                                                        _𝐈 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞
                                                        _𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧
                                                        _𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭,
                                                        _𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐟𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐦
                                                        _𝐈 𝐜𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐦𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"A wizard?" Constant put a hand on his chin in wonder, chipper as ever, "Weeeell, mayhaps. I am, with an insane amount of luck. This man may have been a little bit stupefied by my good sucker punch, I was a good fighter in my old school." He half meant it, a bit of a half-truth. Or he may be bluffing. But he technically wasn't lying about being a wizard, or making the man stupefied. He's trying to check if this lady was really a witch like him, so he was kind of dropping some hints. Constant may be a secret criminal, but he wasn't above breaking the statute of secrecy. Whether he was really a good fighter in Beauxbatons was debatable, though. That's for sure.

Constant laughed lightheartedly with the lady, "Dear no, third time's a charm and I don't have a death wish." He then recalled the fact that the first was before he hired someone to take out his father and in the shady alleyways of Europe he encountered a wizarding mugger. Constant beat him up obviously, but it did give him an iconic scar on his forearm. Good times. The second one was when he got stabbed by another jackass who then disappeared under "mysterious circumstances" during his travels in Russia. "But no, I just like traveling to places I shouldn't go. It's my way of appreciating my adulthood. Don't worry, I know how to treat myself." 'With healing magic'. Despite his destroyed career as a healer, to which he never regret, his knowledge still came in handy when it comes to basically not getting himself killed. Or using it as a threat to anyone who wants to try s**t on him.

He sighed as a way to release his energy, since as much as he loved the adrenaline of giving the mugger a piece of their potion. Constant genuinely felt it was kind of a gamble... So. Thank God? Because actually as much as he laughed over the story from his stabby scar, he didn't like having his own blood on his clothes either. Kind of sticky. Introducing herself as Delphinia Meadows. A name that seemed very... posh and English, no big deal. He accepted her formal handshake and earnestly shook it. "Your welcome, Ms. Meadows. My name's Constant Van Groot, new in town," Constant then glanced at her hair dimly lit by the streetlight, nodding in agreement, "Trick of the dark for my eyesight, then. If it's your hair and you say it's teal. Then it's teal, I trust you."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐀 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫_
                                                        𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝’𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥_
                                                        𝐒𝐡𝐞’𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐜𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐫_
                                                        𝐈’𝐦 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡_
                                                        𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞’𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐝-𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐈 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭_
                                                        𝐈’𝐦 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡_
                                                        𝐈 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬_
                                                        𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐲, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫_

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - September 2049xx
                                                        wнere - Lancashirexxxx
                                                        wιтн - ???
                                                        xxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:40 am
Here comes the beekeeper with her pitcher full of smoke
She'll put us all to sleep; I hope it's dreamless and it's deep
Sweet Prometheus, come home; they took away our fire
And all that this scarcity promotes is desperate men and tyrants

User Image
𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

PUREBLOOD │ ASTRONOMER │ FORMER RAVENCLAW

Finny smiled in amusement when he didn't immediately confirm nor deny her suspicions. Plus, she'd always been fond of puns. Sue her. "Beauxbatons, then?" she surmised. "Your accent- you're European, but you don't sound Slavic," Finny looked almost cheered at the opportunity to deduce something, "so I doubt you went to Durmstrang. Lucky for him," she nodded to the mugger, well aware that Durmstrang taught the Dark Arts, not just the defence against them. Finny didn't, in fact, know all that much about the French school, only that Sher's betrothed had gone there, before she, well... She didn't want to think about that right now, though. She was having a hard time picturing this peculiar, lanky man sitting in an etiquette class, but stranger things had happened, surely. Maybe he was a fencer.

He mentioned he liked traveling- and trouble, and if he could treat himself, he must be a halfway decent healer. "A healer," she speculated, adjusting her bag so the straps were over both her slender shoulders instead of just the one. "Or a mediwizard. Or just very prepared," her lips quirked up. "At least you have a Plan B. I took Healing as an elective at school, but I was terrible with brewing potions." She wasn't quite sure why she was being so talkative; the sensible thing to do would be to thank him and then hurry on her way home. But the whole thing was just so fantastically strange, even for her life, that she kept half-expecting to wake up. This would make a very interesting dream.

"You're Dutch," she said, as soon as he gave his name. "Am I right? Sorry. I don't mean to interrogate you, it's just this whole thing is a little-," she waved a hand. "Well, these things don't usually happen to me." She winced. "Ugh. That probably sounded snotty. What I mean, is- thank you. For, er, handling that. And not getting stabbed, or letting me get stabbed, or- well, you know. If I'd been out here by myself I probably would have had to actually try to stun him myself, and I was never all that good with offensive magic," she recounted somewhat sheepishly. That, or apparate away, but she hadn't wanted to splinch herself in her panic to get away. She didn't fancy having to reattach a finger or toe. "Anyways, I couldn't very well just give him my things- I'm an astronomer," she added, "so my equipment actually is quite expensive."

Finny assumed he might have been wondering what she was doing out at this hour- what was he doing out at this hour? She was hardly going to ask. She'd been blunt enough already. He'd be well within his rights to walk off and leave her here. "Have you recently moved to Lancashire, then?" she asked politely. "It's a lovely area- loads of beautiful countryside- well, when nobody's getting mugged." She almost laughed again, the considered she might come across as hysterical.

OOC:
Julian Galaksylph

What fine design; what hands, what minds!
The envy of Eden, our tools and our reason, it's clear in the animals' eyes
We stand upright, build fires at night
Made on the sixth day to rest on the seventh
And now we just try to survive

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:49 am
User Image
                                                        Cᴏɴsᴛᴀɴᴛ_Vᴀɴ Gʀᴏᴏᴛspaces

_𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧

Constant curiously listened to Delphinia's educated guess about his old school, chuckling to him. He didn't mean to use the stereotypes, but he felt that he's too much of a meadow-living Dutch to handle living in the mysteriously very cold atmosphere of Durmstrang. Let alone what he felt as a stiff rules of the school... in general. Then again, people find it hard to believe that he studied in Beauxbatons either, as he pretty much flunked his Etiquette class on purpose. "Guilty as charged, my poor physique is not built for the cold harsh winters of Durmstrang," Constant laughed heartily, sighing good-naturedly, "Though it's funny, since I actually flunked Etiquette, not a big deal since I'd never work behind a desk, you know?"

He wasn't sure if the lady meant to use the phrase "A Healer" in the present tense, the memory of him being a so-called "Disgraced Healer" will forever be funny for him. "Ahh memories, my life working in the hospital felt like it happened ages ago before I quit, of course" he said, he meant this to be sarcastic but he somehow made it... not sarcastic, instead it sounded casually genuine, "But my experience still come in handy, that's one silver lining to put it. It was nice not having to wait for the mediwizards to come for me." He joked.

Constant nodded cheerfully when Ms. Meadows, once again, was correct that he was indeed Dutch. "Yep, from the Netherlands. But I don't really live in my hometown anymore, the old house is really stiff and dusty. Too many people knocking on our door expecting a party invite," which was true, it was just full of paintings of his pretentious ancestors hovering on poor Constant's head for twenty-nice years. He didn't even like champagne or wine... or using ten kinds of spoons and forks. "You're welcome, what do you mean things don't usually happen to you? Do you not have any weird happenings in your Hogwarts school?" Was that blunt? Yeah, honestly.

"Oh! An astronomer!" Constant genuinely perked up at the mention of her job, "That's pretty cool... and pretty much explains why you're out this late. Then again. I'm a complete hypocrite. I don't have an excuse for why I'm here out late when my main job is being a musician." Okay sure, some of the bootlicking ladies asking for his hand of betrothal were Potioneers, Pencil Pushers, and some were just glorified... secretaries. But still, they don't have anything going for them, they all look bitter and doing it just to appease their parents. It would be nice if he were to date an actual criminal, like someone who does bank heist. That one has lots of fun.

"Yeah, I moved to Lancashire last month, it was weirdly a good change of scene, I'm liking the quietness so far," he answered, then he made a hearty laugh once again with Delphinia when she joked about the whole mugging thing. "Haha yeah, when I moved here I genuinely thought Lancashire was one of those places people would love to live on, with a zero percent crime rate and all. And then it turns out I jinxed it, sorry about that, Ms. Meadows. Are we still friends despite the unspoken jinx?"

𝐀 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫_

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - September 2049xx
                                                        wнere - Lancashirexxxx
                                                        wιтн - ???
                                                        xxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:08 pm

User Image
𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

Finny laughed aloud when Constant joked about his physique being ill-suited to Scandinavian winters; she was almost alarmed by how loud it rang out into the otherwise quiet early morning. "That's alright- I don't exactly look as though I'm built for the Scottish highlands," she pointed out with a rueful smiling, gesturing to her petite build. She imagined, between the blue hair and her admittedly delicate features, she was as far from a Highlander as one might get. "I had to take etiquette classes as a little girl with my grandmother, but I was through with that by the time I went to Hogwarts, thank goodness." Finny hadn't minded them nearly as much as Chrys had, but she'd often been bored and clumsy, a dangerous combination.

She was pleased she'd also guessed right as to his previous career, and of course the temptation to ask right out why he'd quit, but that would have been much too nosy. They were still practically strangers, as oddly involved as the conversation had gotten. From his brief description of his background, she felt it was safe to assume he'd grown up wealthy, or at least came from some sort of serious wealth. "So was mine," she admitted with a small sigh, then clarified, "my childhood home, I mean. I've lived with my aunt for years now. Much less stuffy and much more relaxing, being in her house."

He asked bluntly if nothing strange had ever happened to her before. Of course some very unusual (well, unusual for most people) things had happened, but she doubted this was the time to get into her and her siblings failed betrothals, her parents' 'scandalous' divorce, or the entire ordeal of her teenage years. Her hesitation must have been obvious, before she allowed, "There some odd things, yes, but nothing like this. I mean- I've never even been in a duel before, never mind had someone come at me with a knife." Finny glanced down at the still unconscious mugger at their feet, and took a step back from the body. "Should we... move away from him, in case he comes to?"

She spotted the knife lying on the ground, and impulsively picked it up, turning it over in her hand, then with a murmured spell, transfigured it into a metal ladle; structurally quite similar, but useless. Huffing in amusement, she flung it into the treeline. "Well, I think it's safe to say neither of us are about to report this to the muggle police, so we might as well be on our way." Finny began walking in the general direction of her house, assuming he was going to be headed the same way, as she replied to his comments about her work. He was a musician now, apparently. Perhaps he'd found working in a hospital too stressful; she imagined making music was more freeing. "You don't need an excuse," she said lightly, "some people are just night owls. I always have been. I like the peace and quiet... usually," she shrugged.

Constant revealed that he'd only moved to the county a month ago, and Finny gave a genuine grin when he apologized for jinxing the low crime rating. "Well... 0.1 percent," she amended as she walked along, her hands in her long coat pockets. "We don't know that it was you- I've been walking this same route for years. Maybe my luck finally ran out tonight," she reasoned- hadn't she led a fairly lucky life, all things considered? She'd grown up surrounded by wealth and comfort, she had family who loved her, she'd narrowly evaded a torturous marriage and forged an independent life of her own. "Or not-," she wagered with another shrug of her shoulders. "I also happened to meet someone skilled enough with wandless magic to literally punch a man unconscious tonight, so it all evens out, doesn't it? I think that has to at least make us friendly acquaintances, if not friends."

Finny briefly considered that she was being foolish. Maybe she should have kept her head down and hurried off along her way. But she'd never felt an instant of unease or suspicion around Constant, and he'd had plenty of opportunity to harm her if he'd wanted to by now. And she didn't get the sense that he was lying to her face or trying to manipulate her into trusting him. Perhaps she could be naive, but she was also used to trusting her gut. It hadn't steered her wrong yet. If there had truly been something sinister in his intentions, she was sure she would have picked up on it, even vaguely. He seemed like a genuinely open and light-hearted person who was obviously used to taking care of himself. She almost admired him for it. It couldn't have been easy to just pick up and move to another country where you knew no one. "But if we're going to be friends, you will have to call me Finny," she said suddenly. "Ms. Meadows makes me sound like someone's secretary, and I've never been much of a Delphinia, Mister Van Groot," she added with a teasing edge to her voice, even as she stifled a yawn.

OOC:
Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:28 am
User Image
                                                        Cᴏɴsᴛᴀɴᴛ_Vᴀɴ Gʀᴏᴏᴛspaces

_𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧

Constant mouthed an "Oh, right" to Delphinia pointing out the fact she didn't exactly look like she was built for the Scottish Highlands. Right, er, he forgot that Scotland was kind of cold. But she had studied in Hogwarts, a school built in Scotland, for years. So something as cold as that probably wasn't that much of a big deal for her. He then gave her a supportive smile when she said that she lived in a more relaxing home, away from her similarly stiff childhood home. Huh. Small world. It’s kind of odd. ”That reminds me of my younger brother, he lives with our aunt eighty percent of his life, and now he lives in Switzerland in a nice cottage,” Constant chuckled with nostalgia and a little bit of fondness. Arthur was shy and a forgiving pacifist, which was why he and Constant butt heads when it comes to approaching people who wronged them. But in the end of the day, Constant was a bit relieved that Arthur stopped trying to fight an endless battle of getting their egomaniac father's attention. He knew... that having his attention was the worst wish ever.

He was genuinely curious about Delphinia's sudden hesitation but decided to stay on his own lane. Constant didn't really care about controversies and gossips, anyway, and he didn't really care about whether Delphinia has a scandal or whatever. As long as she didn't backstab him, it was fine. So far, she was an okay person... maybe a bit of a goodie-two-shoes. Constant poked at the man's stunned body with his foot. Lightly. "Agreed, and let's just leave him here. If anyone finds him they'll just assume that he has narcolepsy. Or extreme sleep-deprivation. Give something for neighbors to gossip about." Constant lightly replied as if he was seeing this situation a bit too casually. And so, he and Delphinia decided to continue their walk.

He blinked when she eventually turned his jinx jest into something... optimistic. Constant wasn't the type to receive compliments, after years of getting empty praise it made him more or less not care about whether he's a good wizard or not. As long as he sharpens his skill to make something in his favor, that was all he needed. But. It was a little bit nice to know that Delphinia wouldn't mind being possibly a friend. "A friend, huh? Don't get ahead of yourself, we just met," Constant joked light-heartedly, "Buuuut, I'm not the type to turn down an offer of friendship, I'd actually appreciate that."

As they walked, they were near to Constant's stop. Connecting the road was a cobblestone path lit by a small warm lamp, leading a simple two-story home fit for a wizard five feet away. The way Constant looked at it made it clear that that was, in fact, his house. "Well... here it is, Finny, since we're gonna be friends," Constant looked at Finny, with a grin, stifling a jovial laugh from her teasing, "You can call me by any name. Rail Boy. Constant. Hugo. Anything's fine. Maybe Connie if you're mad at me."

𝐀 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫_

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - September 2049xx
                                                        wнere - Lancashirexxxx
                                                        wιтн - Finny
                                                        xxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:40 am

User Image
𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

Finny smiled when he mentioned his brother had moved into a cottage in Switzerland after years of living with their aunt. "My brother lives with us, too- it's nice to have him around," she said warmly, thinking of Sher's quiet presence and music. "Oh, you'd like him- he's a musician too. He's got a beautiful voice," she said almost enviously. Finny could carry a tune, but Sher was a born performer, in her view, and extremely humble and modest in spite of his talents. So was Chance, for that matter, but her brother's music was a little more in line with her taste than her brother-in-law's. She wondered briefly what instrument Constant played. Not the piano, she thought, she couldn't picture that- something more unique, maybe something jazzy?

She huffed in amusement when he mentioned narcolepsy, and they continued on their way. As they came out of the park she looked around curiously, trying to guess where Constant might live, and wasn't all that surprised by the answer. "It's very nice," Finny said approvingly, nodding, and then laughed aloud again when he brought up possible nicknames. "Rail Boy will always make me think of a knife in my face, so let's go with Constant. Or Connie if I'm mad," she agreed, and then took a step back, raising a hand in farewell. "Have a good night- well, morning, Constant!" Waving, she turned and continued on her way down the quiet street, walking in and out of patches of lamplight spilling across the dark ground.

OOC:
Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
The United Kingdom