Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade Shop Owner Profiles
Student Workers in Hogsmeade [Information Thread]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:04 pm
After some discussion, it has been decided that students will now be able to work in Hogsmeade during the school year, or even during the summer, if their living arrangements allow. There will be some restrictions on which students will be allowed to work, and where they will be able to.

1. Students must be in their Sixth or Seventh Year

2. Students must have ten classes or fewer in their current schedule.

3. If you are applying to work at an NPC-Owned shop, quote the Hogsmeade Shops Manager (Cara MiaKitty)

Shops for Students

PC Owned:
Dogweed and Deathcap
The Magic Neep
Blaze of Glory Dueling Range
Dervish and Banges
The Three Broomsticks

NPC Owned:
Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop
Brews and Stews Cafe
Ceridwen's Cauldron Shop
Tomes and Scrolls
Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop
McHavelock's Wizarding Headgear
Baby Witch
Spintwitches
Gladrags Wizardwear

To apply for a student job in Hogsmeade, please fill out the following form and post it in the thread. The shop owner will then quote you letting you know if you've been hired.

[b]Hello, my name is[/b] (Link your profile: [url=my profile]Character first and last name[/url])

[b]I am currently a[/b] (year) [b]year taking[/b] (class number) [b]classes[/b].

[b]I would like to work at[/b] (what shop do you want to work at?)

[b]The things I love about this shop are[/b] (At least five things your character likes about the shop you're signing up for.)

[b]The things I despise about this shop are[/b] (At least five things your character hates about the shop you're signing up for.)

[b]Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you![/b] (Put anything here about the shop or what you do/say/etc. in the shop specifically that was not covered above. If there is nothing, then please remove this option)

[spoiler][quote="(Username of person that owns the shop)"][/quote][/spoiler]

Do not post your profile to the employee profile page! Once the shop owner accepts your application, a Hogsmeade Profile Worker will link your student's profile in the thread.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:32 pm
Hello, my name is Dorian Xanders.

I am currently a 6th year taking 7 classes.

I would like to work at Dogweed and Deathcap.

The things I love about this shop are getting work experience, getting paid, working with Ada (she's weirdly entertaining sometimes), getting dirty, meeting new people.

The things I despise about this shop are the constant looks from Jason, fearing his wrath if I screw up, actually working (but it's not like I could get away with not working), the heat, some of the plants smell really weird.

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:01 pm
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Dorian Xanders.

I am currently a 6th year taking 7 classes.

I would like to work at Dogweed and Deathcap.

The things I love about this shop are getting work experience, getting paid, working with Ada (she's weirdly entertaining sometimes), getting dirty, meeting new people.

The things I despise about this shop are the constant looks from Jason, fearing his wrath if I screw up, actually working (but it's not like I could get away with not working), the heat, some of the plants smell really weird.

Diamond Wales

Hired!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:40 pm
Hello, my name is Tristan Hastings

I am currently a 6th year taking 7 classes (not including apparition.)

I would like to work at Ollivanders Wand Shop.

The things I love about this shop are the smell of wood, learning how the different woods and cores react, seeing new wands being crafted, interacting with the younger students, watching the wand choose the wizard.

The things I despise about this shop are the inevitable dust, children that cry, wands exploding from the touch of ill-suited wizards, the cluttered and cramped spaces, trying to memorize which box has which wand.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I hope to move into a full-time position after graduating Hogwarts.

[quote="Violet the Maestro]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:07 pm
Hello, my name is Oliver Davis

I am currently a 7th year taking 9 classes.

I would like to work at Dervish and Banges

The things I love about this shop are getting work experience, getting paid, tinkering with magical devices, being exposed to all sorts of magical devices that I hadn't known about, and always having something to do.

The things I despise about this shop are having less free time, working down the street from my sister (who works at Madam Puddifoot's), customers who test out devices without buying them, listening to gadgets that make a ton of noise, and customers who try to return a product after breaking it.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I will probably be looking at another job after graduating from Hogwarts.

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:55 am
kiska166
Hello, my name is Oliver Davis

I am currently a 7th year taking 9 classes.

I would like to work at Dervish and Banges

The things I love about this shop are getting work experience, getting paid, tinkering with magical devices, being exposed to all sorts of magical devices that I hadn't known about, and always having something to do.

The things I despise about this shop are having less free time, working down the street from my sister (who works at Madam Puddifoot's), customers who test out devices without buying them, listening to gadgets that make a ton of noise, and customers who try to return a product after breaking it.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I will probably be looking at another job after graduating from Hogwarts.

Julian Galaksylph

Hired!  

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:44 am
Hello, my name is (Link your profile: Galen Saylor)

I am currently a 7th year taking 9 classes but will not be formally starting until post-graduation.

I would like to work at The Hobbit Hideout

The things I love about this shop are
  • access to the wide variety of games!
  • learning more about all the kinds of games there are
  • getting paid to DM campaigns is a dream come true!
  • easy access to snacks while we play
  • being part of people finding games they love and resonate with.

The things I despise about this shop are

• pieces go missing sometimes.
  • The charmed meeples and figurines are cute, but sometimes they literally walk off to other boxes!
  • How do you even organize games? By game time? Player count? Some part of the experience? There’s no perfect way.
  • Some rulebooks are really confusing and it’s my job to figure them out
  • The business side of things.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I’m applying early and can be available to help out and get trained over the next couple months. But I’ll be here full time post-graduation!

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:56 pm
addaellis
Hello, my name is (Link your profile: Galen Saylor)

I am currently a 7th year taking 9 classes but will not be formally starting until post-graduation.

I would like to work at The Hobbit Hideout

The things I love about this shop are
  • access to the wide variety of games!
  • learning more about all the kinds of games there are
  • getting paid to DM campaigns is a dream come true!
  • easy access to snacks while we play
  • being part of people finding games they love and resonate with.

The things I despise about this shop are

• pieces go missing sometimes.
  • The charmed meeples and figurines are cute, but sometimes they literally walk off to other boxes!
  • How do you even organize games? By game time? Player count? Some part of the experience? There’s no perfect way.
  • Some rulebooks are really confusing and it’s my job to figure them out
  • The business side of things.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I’m applying early and can be available to help out and get trained over the next couple months. But I’ll be here full time post-graduation!

Cinnabun Gryffie

HIRED!!  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Hogsmeade Shop Owner Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff