Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
New Forest ~ England Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:31 pm
New Forest

User Image

The New Forest is an area of southern England which includes one of the largest remaining tracts of unenclosed pasture land, heathland and forest in the heavily populated south east of England. The name also refers to the New Forest National Park. There are many villages dotted around the area, and several small towns in the Forest and around its edges.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:47 pm
User Image
User Image

αgє fσur σrphαn αrtíst αt hєαrt

líttlє σnє whєn чσu plαч,
dσn't чσu mínd whαt thєч sαч.
lєt thσsє єчєs spαrklє αnd shínє,
nєvєr α tєαr, вαвч σf mínє.

The orphanage was on another field trip, this time to the forest. Driskol liked the forest, because it was always pretty, even when it was early morning. He'd been wandering with the group for what seemed like forever, and he sat beside a tree for just a minute and they were all gone! Now he was all alone. After waiting by the tree for a while, he wandered in the direction he was sure they had gone off. After wandering for a while, the boy tripped on his shoelaces and fell to the ground, scuffing his knees and hands. He sat up and whimpered, tears in his dark eyes.

frσm чσur hєαd dσwn tσ чσur tσєs,
чσu'rє nσt much, gσσdnєss knσws.
вut чσu'rє sσ prєcíσus tσ mє,
swєєt αs cαn вє, вαвч σf mínє.

mc2

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:26 am
User Image

Rhett Ye was as much at home in the New Forest as he was at the cottage he had his room that was basically right by the border of part of the New Forest-only a few miles from where he was now. Perhaps the halfbreed child was more at home in the New Forest. Both his Mum and Dad spent time in the New Forest. His mum... well she never actually went in the cottage. Not that Rhett, or Rhy as he called himself and his Mum generally did (her little Rhy-Rhy, what an icky girly name) or just Rhy as his Da called him, ever had seen. Maybe it was the whole wood nymph thing-just sort of restricted to staying near her resident tree or whatever. Not that he blamed his mum entirely-the New Forest was pretty awesome. And that was where he was playing chasing after a handful of pixies chuckling-avoiding the non-magic kids who probably wouldn't have paid much heed to the blue skinned little fairies anyways.

However as Rhett tried to catch one of the pixies that had just bit him-leaving his finger bleeding (something his Mum would baby him about and coo over and his Dad would do some magic to fix up-nothing serious after all)-he caught the sound of whimpering. Rhy paused stuck his tongue out at the pixie who copied the manner-or perhaps Rhy picked it up from troublesome forest dwellers like the pixies (nothing like the over helpful wood nymphs like his Mum)- as the pixie flew off making its little squeaky giggle. Rhy popped around the tree to see a boy about his age whimpering. Did he get separated from the rest?

Rhy stepped from around the tree humming a bit to announce his presence and then decided leaning forward and wrinkling his nose and chuckled, "Not hurt. Why cry?" Rhy held out his bleeding finger with the tiny pixie bite and said, "Mo' blood. Me? No tears!" He grinned a grin more fitting for the more prankster sort of creatures of fairytales that lived in the forest than the half nymph he was. "Lost? Can tell you right way. Or left!" The three year old probably made one of his longest sentences yet and thought he was extremely clever for his comment. It was worth the pause and the effort to think it up-or so Rhy reasoned. Also, Rhy learned to distinguish his right and left a few weeks ago, taught by his Da. Apparently he was left handed-it was important to know when he'd get his wand like his Da had! Rhy had pointed both directions with his cheeky grin.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:31 pm
User Image
User Image

Dris wiped his eyes, tears still shining on his lashes. He heard humming and looked around, sobbing quietly. A kid about his age peeped out and asked why Dris was crying if he wasn't hurt. "I am hurt! My handsies and kneeses are bweedin'!" He sniffled, a bit offended that the kid thought him to be faking it! He wiped his eyes again, then saw the other boy's little cut and gasped. "You is hurt?! How you get hurt?!" He felt bad for the other kid, but decided he'd be okay, since he wasn't crying. The other boy asked if Dris was lost, so the brunette nodded, hoping for help. "I am lost! How did you know?! I gots ta get back to my gwoup!" He pointed off in one direction, but he had no honest idea if that was the right way. He just wanted to make sure he had a place to sleep that night.

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:52 pm
User Image

Rhy made a small scoffing laugh at the boy's insistence he was hurt. And when Dris asked about Rhy's hurt hand he crossed his arms straightening up and said, "Pixie bite. Bleedin' too. Me? No cry." He repeated stubbornly.

When the boy nodded about the question for being lost and asked how he knew, Rhy began laughing. "My forest! All mine!" Rhy laughed raising his hands up triumphantly. "Trees tell me stuff."

Smirking, Rhy pointed to his left and said "Left way" and then pointed right "Right way". Still smirking he added, "Not group way, though."

The boy paused for a moment and held out his hand that was still bleeding a bit from the pixie bite, "Rhy. King of forest!" He wasn't the king, but Rhett thought it would be great to puff himself up as one. Besides, he knew the forest well. Besides wood nymphs-which were sort of trees- did tell him stuff. Well other wizards too, but the nymphs were more talkative to him usually because of his mum being one of them.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:28 pm
User Image
User Image

Dris looked at the other boy, then at his finger. He said it had come from a pixie! Those... those weren't real... right? He wiped his eyes a bit more, then sniffled. "You no cry, but I do! I got real hurt!" He crossed his arms, frowning. He was lost and scared, but at least he wasn't alone anymore. Then again, he didn't know this kid! What if he was a kidnapper! Dris didn't even want to nap! The kid laughed and said stuff about left and right, but Dris didn't know them apart very well. When he said he wasn't going the group's way, the brunette stamped a foot. "I need ta go group way though! I gots to get house again!" He pouted, looking upset. The kid called himself Rhy, king of the forest, so Driskol grinned. "I'm Dwiskol! I'm a artist!" He smiled, pulling his favorite color of paint from one of his pockets, smiling at the pretty blue-green color. He bounced on his feet again, pain all but forgotten.

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:45 pm
User Image

Rhy crossed his arms and raised a brow unimpressed as the bow argued with him and then stamping his food insisted on needing to go with the group. Rhy sighed dramatically and said, "Why need to? Houses... boring mostly." He shrugged, "Me here most often. Da' too. Mum always. Always."

When Dwiskol introduced himself as an artist Rhy smiled impishly. "Artist? Hmm..." He looked at the paint the boy pulled out and raised a brow. "Subject Dwiskol then... you allowed in my kingdom. Can show you way... but why? Group looks bleh... borrin'. Why go?" Rhy raised a brow, baffled by this large group that had been tromping around. What was the interest? It wasn't like any of them really seemed to notice anything beyond stiff trees. Then again a lot of people failed to properly see the world. After all this Dwiskol guy looked confused when Rhy mentioned pixies. Everyone knew pixies were real and had a mean bite! It was simple! Duh!

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:17 pm
User Image
User Image

Dris blinked when Rhy asked why he wanted to go home, then said home was boring and his parents liked outside. "I don't have a mummy and daddy. I live at the orfnige." He sniffled his nose, but he didn't feel too badly. There were a lot of kids with no mommies and daddies! Surely he'd get parents before he got old and wrinkly. Rhy talked about his kingdom and said he'd let Dris in. He said the group looked boring, and the brunette frowned. "They my family! I gots to go with them!" He tucked his paint in his pocket, then frowned and crossed his arms.

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:28 pm
User Image

No Mummy or Daddy? Rhy thought a bit perplexed blinking. Usually kids had one or the other. Or at least all the ones he heard about or seen. Rhy had both-though his parents didn't exactly live in the same house or anything. Well his mum never left the forest so... she had been near his Da's cottage and in the back garden, but that was basically a part of the forest. "Orfnige?" Rhy asked stumbling over the word that Dris gave. "Never heard of." Rhy didn't know of any place called that. But then again he knew the forest a lot better than anything-and that was about it.

He frowned as Dris sniffled a bit and then frowned and said that they were is family and he had to go with them. But if he had no mummy and daddy how could they be his family maybe it was like he considered those of the forest were his. "Like the trees are mine? An' fairies. An' pixies. An' all forest dwellers my family. Trees can be your family, like mine. They nice." He looked around and thought about it, "Helpful. Trees generally helpful. Sometimes too much, but nice."

He smiled and pointed in the general direction the group was, "Trees help you? They tell you where to go."

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:53 pm
User Image
User Image

Dris nodded when the other boy asked about the orphanage. "Orfnige. We live together 'til we gets 'dopted by mommies and daddies that want kiddies." He nodded, wondering if the boy knew what that meant. Rhy had a mommy and daddy, so it wasn't likely. Rhy said he had family in the trees, with faeries and pixies and stuff. He looked a bit nervous, but he pat a tree, worried it might bite him. "Trees is family? My family is people. Miss 'Teffi and Mister Lukey help us do all kinds of stuff! They're really nice! They don't even hide in trees!" He grinned, hoping the boy was right about the trees guiding him back to his group before he got in big trouble, or worse, got left behind.

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:09 pm
User Image

" 'Dopted?" Rhy said thinking of the word before going, "Oh! Other trees say that... they 'dopted me. 'cause mummy is a tree. Trees stick toget'er. Trees like people. They just shy. Won't show for blind. Like you. Like group," Rhy added the last two sounding a bit annoyed and in a huff as he crossed his arms. Silly kid not knowing about the wood nymphs and the fairies. Any sensible person should know about them. It was simple, really. As obvious as the sky is supposed to be blue and grass was green.

"Trees nicer. But people too. On'y nicer. Duh," Rhy added the last one. He turned and pointed in the direction of the group and said angrily all puffed up, "You insult trees. Go that way. With group. Me banish you. You blind. You rude to trees. Hope imps trip you and pixies nibble you bald. Then baldy. You be blind baldy, then!"

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:34 pm
User Image
User Image

Driskol nodded excitedly when the other boy mentioned being adopted himself, but then sighed and scrunched up his nose at the thought of his mummy being a tree. "Mummy can't be trees! That's goofy!" He put his fists on his hips, trying to mimic an authoritative stance. When Rhy called him and the group blind, Dris gasped, looking offended. "I not blind! I got good eyeballs! You are a meanie-britches!" He sniffled, bottom lip quivering. He wasn't blind and trees were meanies too! When Rhy told him to go away, and said he was banished, tears filled Dris' eyes. He didn't know how to get back! What if he got eaten?! "No! No please! You gots to help me find my fwiends! I don't know where they are!" He started sobbing, falling to a sit on the ground, before burying his head in his hands to cry.

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:04 pm
User Image

Rhett's cheeks puffed up and he balled his hands into fists as Driskol argued that his Mummy can't be trees and the concept was goofy. "No!" Rhy said, a few leaves nearby fluttering in a wind that didn't appear there, "Mummy is a tree! Not goofy. Not blind? Then stupid or liar!"

"Mum nymps-ie. Trees-nymps. Nymps!" Rhy said irritably. "Tree-nymps nice. Trees help if you're nice and can see. You blind. An' rude." He glared at Driskol as the boy broke down and began to sob insisting how Rhy should help him find his friends and didn't know where the were. Rhy glared down at the sobbing boy before letting out a huff. It felt wrong to be mean to the Driskol and not help him, it felt wrong. And if he didn't apologize and help he knew it would make his mum cry. Nymphs were supposed to be nice to people-it was in their nature. Or at least be nice to wizards. This kid wasn't a wizard, Rhett figured but it still felt unnatural to let him cry and stay lost.

He let out a sigh, "Me on'y haff tree. Not as nice as trees but not mean. 'poligize to trees. You insulted them. Insult me. Insulted mummy. But you stupid. 'Poligize first. Get help then." He nodded as he crossed his arms stubbornly and added with a firm nod, " 'Poligize to trees first."

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:21 pm
User Image
User Image

Driskol narrowed his eyes, crossing his arms. Rhy was, again, claiming to be a tree-baby! "Trees are only mommies to squirrels and nuts!" He huffed, watching the boy grow angry. When the black haired boy said Dris was blind AND rude, the older boy stamped his feet. "I am not! I can see perfect! I see that you're a weirdo!" He just wanted to go home, but this kid thought he was a tree! He was far to short to be a tree. Maybe he was a stump. He moved to put his hands on his hips, then he leaned against a tree. When told to apologize to the tree before he would be directed to his group. He sighed, then nodded. "I'm sorry, mister tree..." He pat the tree's bark, then looked at Rhy with a pout.

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:04 pm
User Image

"Wrong. Squirrels IN trees not kids of. Nuts only some trees," Rhy corrected firmly and he narrowed his eyes at the statement he was a weirdo and answered irritated, resisting the temptation to shove the other boy, "No. Not weirdo. You lame. Don't know basics. Ev'yone knows of nymps-ies and trees. Common knowing."

The boy's frown darkened as Driskol patted a tree and said he was sorry to the tree and then looked at Rhy with a pout. Rhy huffed and said, "Mo' trees. Mos' are missy trees too... not misters." Then turning Rhy began to walk off towards the direction of the group, taking enough time so Driskol could follow and he glanced over his shoulder just as he was several yards away from the boy-and that boy was the true weirdo. Everyone knew about nymphs and fairies and trees had feelings! Duh!

Miss GryffindorK

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces