Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Crew and V.C sub [Discussions]
Ideas for the arc

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:55 pm
This thread will focus on the Oni, and pose questions to the crew, as well as get out major information about this man who will serve as the major villain of NUR for the next few months, or perhaps longer depending on our pacing.

The Oni's name is Han. He was the most powerful of his kind, an immortal race of demonic men that ruled over humans under the guidance of Xhu. The Oni were completely unlike any other creature that shinobi know today. To put it into perspective . . .

The land of demons was once the only inhabitable area in the world. Everything else was a wasteland, an endless sea of fog and nothingness. The air was putrid and killed any who ventured in. Only the Oni, and Xhu, could wander these lands.

When Xhu died, his dead body split apart to form the rest of the world; the nations surrounding the land of demons, the mountains, the species of animals, chakra and certain abilities. The demons, even as powerful as they are, were only a small fragment of Xhu. He was literally a God, and so knowing that, one can understand that the Oni, who were able to kill him (though with hundreds of them) are all exceptionally strong.

Your average Oni was about as strong as Kurama. Which is, well, obviously quite overwhelming. Han, the strongest of the Oni, was beyond the perception of the shinobi today. Even the greatest shinobi of history and of now would not be much, alone, versus this creature. He is of unprecedented power.

But he is dying, weakening, constantly. He seeks an answer to his decaying soul. It is a human body.

As mentioned in "The Story", Han has been nurturing a human vessel for a hundred years to open her body to his domineering. However, that vessel will only serve one greater purpose:

It would allow him to host a bijuu, a limitless source of energy that could sustain his immortal body for all time. He would be beyond what he was in his glory days, and with such capability in his hands, he would be virtually unstoppable. He could easily become the supreme figure of the human world, dominating the lesser species to his tune.

If Han can get even one bijuu then he will essentially be only stoppable by means of straight-up combat with him. It would be grave and trying to fight him would be extremely risky for anyone.

However, it is understandable that Han might not be able to obtain a bijuu before rotting away, with his weakening body and dying source of energy.

So there are three great wonders of the world that are key to his strategy:

The Tree of Life, the Great Desert Beast, and the Gedo Mazo. There were once dozens of these wonders, but Han has drained them of energy to keep his body running, and now only these three highly protected entities remain.

He will be raiding villages to obtain the energy from these wonders. He will be raising hell. He will be ruthless.

The Tree of Life resides in Kusa.

Gedo Mazo was buried beneath the Hidden Rain.

The Great Desert Beast lays next to one of Konoha's coastline cities, most people imagining it to only be a rocky hill.

Securing these objectives is extremely imperative.

Now, importantly:

Han can bring RPCs to his side. He will approach each Kage and ask them a similar question: do they believe in God, an afterlife, will they listen to a story? Each of the Kage will be in a dangerous position.

One thing that's extremely important about Han as a villain is that he is not built around plot armor and villain monologue. He is extremely ruthless. If he can find a time to strike, an ideal moment to assassinate a Kage or fight them alone, he'll take it.

Those are my ideas for his objectives and how he'll be acting. Thoughts?

Panthers7

Hiro Totally Has A Soul

Reiko Zena

The Lady of Nirvana

Had0u

SuperKawaiiOrpheus

Bahd grammer is reel

S H I N I N G A C E

Narcissistic Nihilist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:07 pm
I guess some of my questions are:

1) Have we distributed the Bijuu to characters?

2) What are Hans stats? ( i.e. In his weakened state and in the state of the demon he takes over. )

3) Also in his weakened state, how long can he reasonably fight or expend chakra?

4) Who will be rping as Han and his possible minions?

5) Should someone be able to successfully defeat him, what are the plan B's?  

Panthers7

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 pm
I do agree with Panthers, mainly the 5th question.

We need a backup plan in case someone does decide to take the initiative and ruin the arc by killing an important character (if they even succeed). But then again, question 2 would also be important because if he's strong enough, question 5 wouldn't be needed. Han's owner needs to be chosen from the crew as long as they stay in character and don't break the fourth wall.

Now for my end, you say:

"Han can bring RPCs to his side."

What does this entail? How does he do it? Any Pros to this? Cons? Do individuals who join his side become pure rogues? Does this status remain after the arc?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:19 pm
So in a nutshell, we are introducing more demons other than the tailed beasts? What are you basing these Oni off of I wonder?

A villain that is flexible to be killed or be put into risk is a good turn from the norm I feel, it makes it so that the people have more of an influence on the storyline rather than something pre-determined.

How will Rain tie into this since it is closed?  

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

___youwillknownihilism
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:02 pm
What will he do for people that work for him? Like what happens if I give him the tree of life?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:36 pm
1. Yes. Almost all of them.

2. Han's specifics are not fully determined yet. I will be making a bloodline specifically for him, called "The Oni". I imagine he'll have high stats (beyond 10s in both), but that's not his primary ability; he'll have a very absurd amount of chakra compared to a regular shinobi, like 1000 or so. This may decrease by say, 100 a month or something along those lines, and increase by say 500 if he secures a great wonder. It will stop decreasing if he obtains a bijuu.

His skillset will probably involve telekinesis, telepathy, etc.

3. Answered above^. He won't really seem decaying or weakened, but it will effect his chakra.

4. Whoever really wants to. If no one cares for it then I will, since people tend to be more comfortable playing ideas they submitted.

5. Defeat as in kill?
If they manage to kill Han, then the last Oni will die.

When Xhu, the last of his kind died, the Oni lost their source of energy and began to rapidly decay.
You could say that these races are all deeply tied with each other; humans, Oni, and Xhu.

If Han dies, then I believe humans will begin to decay as well. It will be unknown why this happens, but it will spring the rest of the arc, which will change the world.

Basically, the demons are fragments of Xhu's body. That is why they can sustain an Oni.

The humans who don't want to decay will begin to try and grab fragments of Oni's bodies to implant into themselves, giving them a second source of energy to keep them going. But only the rich and powerful would be able to do this. The poor would fall into anarchy and would revolt en-mass; the world would completely change as we know it. That's my idea.

No matter whether Han dies early or late, that will inevitably happen. It'll essentially be the second arc.

Had0u

Villages can literally join his side if the Kage does. Or if the majority considers themselves pro-Han. If this happens and an overwhelming number of them choose Han, then you can imagine he'll be a very long-term figure.

McGrunny Grand Emperor

My idea for the demons is that they are called demons because they descended from Xhu, the "demon God". They are considered as his fledglings, almost like children. However they're an entirely new species in comparison.

Xhu, the Demon God, nurtured the Oni, who he considered his "demons", his agents. The land of demons is actually canonically real, but I added all of this of my own accord.

Rain will tie in because we will open the subforum and let people RP in it, though there won't be any village RPCs there, obv.

Bahd grammer is reel

If you give him the tree of life, Kusa will basically rot and die, but it's possible. Your villagers would definitely revolt if they found out though, and most likely RPCs as well. It's a personal choice of yours. If you do, then he will become... very hard to kill.  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Panthers7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:46 pm
I like the arc, as it's very well written... the only thing that bothers me is the universal doom aspect. Meaning the aspect where, upon the defeat of Han, the human race gets plagued. We have, as least from the major arcs I remember, done the whole... everyone gets screwed type aspect before.

Could we at least make a connection as to why the humans get plagued? Or change it to where, those that have engaged with Han gained the plague.

I just don't want us to get into the habit of having arcs that force an individual rpc in an arc, in a position that they cannot avoid. ( i.e. An unexplained plague.)

*) Also with the skillset you mentioned. Telekinesis, Telepathy, etc. Will this open doors to rpcs holding techniques of that ability. ( Of course meaning customs that can rationally put into fruition.) Just curious, as I don't want us to introduce powers that rpcs can't mimic should thy have a logical ability to do so.

*) But as I said, I love the arc. It will be interesting to see it put to play. ^-^ I was just curious about these things.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:11 pm
Panthers7
I like the arc, as it's very well written... the only thing that bothers me is the universal doom aspect. Meaning the aspect where, upon the defeat of Han, the human race gets plagued. We have, as least from the major arcs I remember, done the whole... everyone gets screwed type aspect before.

Could we at least make a connection as to why the humans get plagued? Or change it to where, those that have engaged with Han gained the plague.

I just don't want us to get into the habit of having arcs that force an individual rpc in an arc, in a position that they cannot avoid. ( i.e. An unexplained plague.)

*) Also with the skillset you mentioned. Telekinesis, Telepathy, etc. Will this open doors to rpcs holding techniques of that ability. ( Of course meaning customs that can rationally put into fruition.) Just curious, as I don't want us to introduce powers that rpcs can't mimic should thy have a logical ability to do so.

*) But as I said, I love the arc. It will be interesting to see it put to play. ^-^ I was just curious about these things.

Technically the Heilands have telekinesis, the Yamanaka have telepathy, the Rinnegan kinda have both. xD

Also, I'll tie it in with humans. And it won't be like, some imminent death plague. I think I'm going to legit tie it in with childbirth or something along those lines; humans will go sterile and thus will be doomed to cease to exist. The reason for this will be that Xhu connected Oni to the spiritual world of energy and recreation, him being the creature that tied the energy of the universe to the planet that humans live in. The Oni then became that spiritual link themselves, but it rapidly drew from them and destroyed them as they were incapable of hosting such power.

With the Oni gone, the link would simply disappear, which would plunge humans into complete disconnection with the energy of the universe. They would still be able to use chakra, but the ability to create more life that can sustain chakra at all -- or even sentience -- would disappear with the link. And so it would have to be restored. Does that make more sense?  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:50 pm
If things go for the disastrous, assuming everything goes the bad guy's way.. how would this affect our world as a whole when it comes to RP?

Land of Demons, is this preluding to a potential new area?

Will we have a thread dedicated to other areas of our world other than the villages?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:03 pm
Reiko Zena
If things go for the disastrous, assuming everything goes the bad guy's way.. how would this affect our world as a whole when it comes to RP?

Land of Demons, is this preluding to a potential new area?

Will we have a thread dedicated to other areas of our world other than the villages?

1. Assuming we follow the villain, he'll basically take his place as the overlord of humankind and he'll probably begin to forge an Empire or something along those means.

2. Yes. It's on an island to the east.

3. Yeah, I'm hoping so  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
Crew and V.C sub [Discussions]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff