Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
Feels Great to be Back! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:59 pm
Hello my wonderful Guild! I left here about 2, maybe 3 years ago, to try to get my personal life straightened out, maybe find a job, go back to school, and things of that nature. Unfortunately, not really much has changed. I had a job for 8 months, and I was really happy. Sadly, due to complications with my Father, I had to leave that, so that I could take care of him. That was 2 years, 6 months, and 11 days ago (as of the time of this posting).

Since then, I've gained every pound that I had lost while I was working back (and then some), I fought (and won) multiple battles with addiction, in the form of drug and alcohol abuse, fell in and out of love (twice), I've reverted to my old ways of being an introvert, and my depression has, for the most part, come back with a renewed vigor. That is all the bad stuff. In good news, however, I got my driver's licence, made a dinky little Facebook fan page that is 2.25 years old (link in my signature; most of the stuff I (or any of my other co-admins) is rated PG-16), and from it, I have made a bunch of new IRL and Internet friends.

So yeah.. Hopefully you are all able to welcome me back with open arms (or closed, if you so prefer it; a simple nod will suffice), and I look forward to working with those who I left behind, as well as all the new faces here! <3

Signed,
Richard, AKA Edallag.

Edit: Just having looked at my signature, I desperately need to update the picture for my fan page signature. I'll probably do that soonish.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:37 am
Welcome back! It's good to have you active again. You're just in time for our upcoming event in a few weeks. ;D

Congrats on your new fan facebook page. Good luck with rising above all the dirt life's thrown at you. This is a good place for healing. emotion_hug  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:50 am
JoyRose
Welcome back! It's good to have you active again. You're just in time for our upcoming event in a few weeks. ;D

Congrats on your new fan facebook page. Good luck with rising above all the dirt life's thrown at you. This is a good place for healing. emotion_hug

Why thank you very much, Ms (or is it Mrs. ?) Rose, and I look forward to the next event, as I need something to get my feet wet, and back into the swing of things.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:46 am
Edallag
JoyRose

Why thank you very much, Ms (or is it Mrs. ?) Rose, and I look forward to the next event, as I need something to get my feet wet, and back into the swing of things.

Ms is fine, and I am married, so Mrs is fine, too. But here I'm generally just JoyRose or Joy (or Rose). cat_wink  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:01 pm
Welcome back! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:06 pm
JoyRose
Edallag
JoyRose

Ms is fine, and I am married, so Mrs is fine, too. But here I'm generally just JoyRose or Joy (or Rose). cat_wink

yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi Well then, Mrs. Rose, I shall address you as such. :3  

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:08 pm
Ebania
Welcome back! biggrin

Again, thank you muchly Ebs. Hopefully I can work my way back to Crew, and go back to helping make Gaia a better place.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:14 pm
Awesome! If you do decide to apply, I'll be sure to let the Crew know that you've been a Crewmember here before.

Edallag
Again, thank you muchly Ebs. Hopefully I can work my way back to Crew, and go back to helping make Gaia a better place.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

ending-solace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:53 pm
Edallag

@-@ Well you have had quite an interesting two years, haven't you?
Welcome back to the guild and Gaia though! You can call me Chris if you'd like~

Glad to hear there are some good things though. Life can throw some real curve balls, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:40 pm
ending-solace
Edallag

@-@ Well you have had quite an interesting two years, haven't you?
Welcome back to the guild and Gaia though! You can call me Chris if you'd like~

Glad to hear there are some good things though. Life can throw some real curve balls, that's for sure.

Interesting would be a mild way of putting it, actually. Thankfully I didn't serve any jail time or things of that nature, or I'd be really screwed. Even though I'm only 26 now, I'm still young enough to where something like that could hurt me for quite a while.

I'm still dealing with a bunch of the problems that I tried to run away from (through heavy alcohol consumption and recreational substance abuse), but I'm now dealing with them through the help of friends who genuinely care about my well-being, so it is helping make the recovery process easier on my mental state, as well as my physical state.

And thank you for your warm welcome, Chris. I honestly appreciate it. :3  

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

ending-solace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:13 pm
Edallag

Either way, it takes a lot of strength to get through all of that. c: So you've done really well so far, it's clear~

My brother is sort of in the same boat, though his issues stem from mental illness and things of that nature. Unfortunately, with the current law system here, there isn't much help available that doesn't cost a fortune or isn't a jail cell. It's depressing really.

Anyways.. Sounds like you have some great friends! Addiction is a tough battle to face and having friends by your side makes it far easier in my opinion.

You are quite welcome of course. I was greeted warmly when I joined so I try and do the same to everyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:16 pm
Edallag
JoyRose
Edallag
JoyRose

yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi Well then, Mrs. Rose, I shall address you as such. :3

Ok! Whatever makes you comfortable. I'm just happy to be noticed. biggrin  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:26 pm
JoyRose
Edallag
JoyRose
Edallag
JoyRose

Then it is official! Senpai has noticed you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:28 pm
Edallag
JoyRose

rofl rofl I've seen that name before with "noticed" but I don't know what that means. Who/what is "Senpai"?

I was hearing Eeyore when I said that lol. "Thanks for noticin' " xd  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:35 pm
JoyRose
Edallag
JoyRose

rofl rofl I've seen that name before with "noticed" but I don't know what that means. Who/what is "Senpai"?

I was hearing Eeyore when I said that lol. "Thanks for noticin' " xd

Hokay. So basically, how we have 'Masters' and 'Apprentices', in Japan there are 'Senpai' and 'Kōhai'.

I could go into a long and drawn-out, detailed explination, but I'm tired, so maybe this will do you better. sweatdrop

Somehow, I managed to pick the title of 'Senpai' from the various fans on my fanpage, and for the last 2+ years, it has just kinda stuck.  
☆ Introductions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff