Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:22 am
Seeing as Lanny and I can't seem to come to an agreement on how chakra recovery will work during combat, I'll post it here in hopes of getting opinions.

1. Like in SN, 5 chakra/stamina during battle and 15 outside of it. But the issue we're running into is what determines 'out of combat'. Since battles will be moderated, I figured that 'out of combat' would mean a) you have not yet engaged (attack or been attacked), b) you retreat from combat and the enemy does not follow, or c) combat has ended. Lanny believes that if you sit down during what I labeled as 'combat' above, you should be able to do an out of combat recovery. That would apply more to massive battles rather than one-on-ones. But I feel like if you just sit down in the middle of a battlefield, you're going to get killed. I believe there should be a one post period of not getting attacked or using techniques before the 'out-of-combat' recovery can apply.

2. Chakra/stamina recovery is constant during battle. Each post, you recover 5 chakra/stamina, regardless of expending or no. You recover 5 at the beginning of your post, and then pay any cost for techniques you use. Lanny's problem with it is that he believes people will take advantage of it and use any chakra/stamina reductions as recovery every post. I believe they wouldn't do that, because they would be caught, for one, and it doesn't make sense to use the reduction if your not using a technique it applies to. 'Out of combat' would still be what I mentioned in the first one.

3. One of the above, but with more than 5 chakra recovery.

Let me know what you guys think, please.

Lanfaer
Mana_ecl Zetsuya
Synister Bombardment
Lord Edegaru
CanoodlingFlibbertyJibbit
Admiral Frog
chrissy b e a n

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:56 pm
So below is the Monster Profile guide I was charged with creating. Opinions?

Monster Creation Profile Guide

Species: [Name]
Is it a [Hybrid], [Pure] or [New]?
-Hybrid: What makes up its parts?
-Pure: What is it? (unicorn, manticore, sphinx, etc)
-New: What is it? (a pure monster of a new species)

Appearance:
-Detailed description and/or picture
[If Hybrid, please describe the parts that make it a whole and why those traits are part of the monster.]
-Does it have offensive and/or defensive features? (ie functioning snake tail, two heads, #x eyes, etc) If yes, detail each feature.
-What are its physical weaknesses? List at least 2 and why they are a weakness.

Function:
-Skill(s): Limit of 3/Maximum of 5
-Skills Origin: Why does it have that skill and how did it develop? (each skill must have an origin)
-Skill Weaknesses: How does one defend against the skill?

Life Span:
-How long does it live? (Its natural life span in years)
-How old is it now?

Biology:
Origins: What did it start as? (What made it what it is? If Hybrid, list parents)
Where did it come from?
-Climate: Good for it (ie dry and arid.)
Bad for it (ie swampy)
Relatives: What is related to it in terms of its biology? (ie, sphinx is related to lion and human, elaborate.)

Food Chain:
-What does it eat?
-What eats it?
-How does it hunt?

Historical Record:
-How has it impacted the world as a species?
-How many existed?
-How Many exist now?
(if New/Hybrid, how will it impact the world?)

Alignment:
Score between 1-40
A) Power 1-10 :
B) Rational 1-10 :
C) Intelligence 1-10 :
D) Malevolence 1-10 :
E) Mercy 1-10 :
F) Instinct 1-10 :

Depending on the highest concentration, your monster falls in the:

Rational Good- Higher in B, C, F
Rational Neutral- Higher in B, D, E
Rational Evil- Higher in A, C, B

Balanced Good- Higher in A, C, E
Balanced Neutral- Higher in B, C, E
Balanced Evil- Higher in C, D, F

Instinctual Good- Higher in A, F, C
Instinctual Neutral- Higher in F, D, E
Instinctual Evil- Higher in F, A, D

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:19 pm
Tao-Benshin
Mana_ecl Zetsuya
Synister Bombardment
Lord Edegaru
Admiral Frog
chrissy b e a n

So, here's a thought. Professions. Professions that you have to rank up in, such as Trader, Crafting (we already have that for a class), Fisher, Farmer, etc. These things might not do much in character, but allows a Role Play part. In fact, some prestiges and secondary classes might even require them!

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:14 pm
Sounds legit..  

chrissy b e a n

Hygienic Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Mordred Killian

Dangerous Phantom

8,625 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:22 pm
Good idea. Gives players something else to work on than the usual level up grind. Like Final Fantasy 14.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:17 am
I like that idea... even though I'm not on much anymore!  

Synister Bombardment

Dapper Millionaire

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:54 am
Synister Bombardment

We've been struggling with financial issues and we're literally about to move (tomorrow), but once we're settled in (give a week :3) I'm going balls deep in this b***h to finish the guild. You up for mass posting?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:56 am
Lanfaer
Synister Bombardment

We've been struggling with financial issues and we're literally about to move (tomorrow), but once we're settled in (give a week :3) I'm going balls deep in this b***h to finish the guild. You up for mass posting?

Well all of my video games have become pretty boring and on my down time, which can be little to none with two kids take care of, I could help when I can! You send me the layout and I can fill in, and make some things that you don't mind waiting a little while for. I'm all for helping to bust it out, but I probably can't be on as much as you Lanny haha, but I'm at your service!  

Synister Bombardment

Dapper Millionaire

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:30 pm
So now that we're finally settled into our new apartment, Lanny and I have been scheming again!

Here's the gist of it: Originally, the guild was designed to have a stat system based on four stats: Strength, Agility, Chakra, and Intelligence. "Average human" is considered three (3) stars in any or all categories. From there, people decided which strengths and weaknesses they wanted for their character by removing up to two points and applying them elsewhere.

Today, though, we were thinking about the Medical class. One of the things we noticed (and one of our biggest pet peeves) with other guilds was how quickly 'poor' roleplayers heal up their characters from near death experiences, and those injuries have no lasting effects. This brought up the idea of adding a fifth stat to the list: Endurance. Endurance would, essentially, be Health as seen in most video games. There would be many ways to lose Endurance as well as restore it or even boost it. But it would take time and/or resources to restore it.

Ways to lower Endurance would be: Taking hits from attacks (physical and mental), poison, illness, falling from heights, and many more. Restoring it could come in the form of: Medical or other healing jutsu, potions, food, rest, and time.

But we're not just going to throw this in for the heck of it. The point is to give people a meter of when is a good time to retreat, or even strike. If your Endurance reaches zero, it's lights out, or possibly worse. Reaching zero doesn't necessarily mean your character is dead, but pretty darn close to it. Another point of the Endurance stat is so Medics truly have a purpose. It gives people a reason to rely on them to recover. In guilds like SN, no one wants to play them because they're not actually needed for anything.

So there's a couple ways this stat could work if we went through with it. The first is that it literally becomes its own stat when making a character. The same rules would still apply (but possibly a third floating point would be added). This would open up more Archetypes (which have benefits of their own that I still have to finish), and add a new type of Paragon that is attainable. Endurance Paragons would literally be fortresses and near impenetrable.

The second way is that each of the four stats gives you a certain amount of Endurance, with Strength giving the most (say three) and Intelligence the least (say one). Each point in Endurance would be worth less than the previous option, but I think it would be a better scale than having it as its own stat.

Part of why we want to implement this is because, to be honest, some people aren't trustworthy with roleplaying. This will force them to be careful with their decisions and also open up the opportunity for more roleplay. After all, the focus of this guild is not fighting like typical Naruto. It's building a character with a three-dimensional life that gives them an actual purpose for existing in a post-apocalyptic world.

Lanfaer
Mana_ecl Zetsuya
Synister Bombardment
Lord Edegaru
Admiral Frog
chrissy b e a n

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:48 pm
Seems legit but Maybe an example of this actually laid out would be easier to wrap my mind around. Like a look at the different stats and what they could look like. Endurance on it's own sounds like it should be a start of it's own. Maybe taking on a certain occupation can add to the points for endurance. On the wheel of the stats Which ones would counter one another? I'm curious. One character who has a high level of endurance will they still be able to level out their strength, etc or will they be high in endurance while sanctifying strength but having decent agility. Or like one with high intelligence can still balance with chakra but tank in strength and agility.  

chrissy b e a n

Hygienic Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Mordred Killian

Dangerous Phantom

8,625 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:56 am
Tao-Benshin
So now that we're finally settled into our new apartment, Lanny and I have been scheming again!

Here's the gist of it: Originally, the guild was designed to have a stat system based on four stats: Strength, Agility, Chakra, and Intelligence. "Average human" is considered three (3) stars in any or all categories. From there, people decided which strengths and weaknesses they wanted for their character by removing up to two points and applying them elsewhere.

Today, though, we were thinking about the Medical class. One of the things we noticed (and one of our biggest pet peeves) with other guilds was how quickly 'poor' roleplayers heal up their characters from near death experiences, and those injuries have no lasting effects. This brought up the idea of adding a fifth stat to the list: Endurance. Endurance would, essentially, be Health as seen in most video games. There would be many ways to lose Endurance as well as restore it or even boost it. But it would take time and/or resources to restore it.

Ways to lower Endurance would be: Taking hits from attacks (physical and mental), poison, illness, falling from heights, and many more. Restoring it could come in the form of: Medical or other healing jutsu, potions, food, rest, and time.

But we're not just going to throw this in for the heck of it. The point is to give people a meter of when is a good time to retreat, or even strike. If your Endurance reaches zero, it's lights out, or possibly worse. Reaching zero doesn't necessarily mean your character is dead, but pretty darn close to it. Another point of the Endurance stat is so Medics truly have a purpose. It gives people a reason to rely on them to recover. In guilds like SN, no one wants to play them because they're not actually needed for anything.

So there's a couple ways this stat could work if we went through with it. The first is that it literally becomes its own stat when making a character. The same rules would still apply (but possibly a third floating point would be added). This would open up more Archetypes (which have benefits of their own that I still have to finish), and add a new type of Paragon that is attainable. Endurance Paragons would literally be fortresses and near impenetrable.

The second way is that each of the four stats gives you a certain amount of Endurance, with Strength giving the most (say three) and Intelligence the least (say one). Each point in Endurance would be worth less than the previous option, but I think it would be a better scale than having it as its own stat.

Part of why we want to implement this is because, to be honest, some people aren't trustworthy with roleplaying. This will force them to be careful with their decisions and also open up the opportunity for more roleplay. After all, the focus of this guild is not fighting like typical Naruto. It's building a character with a three-dimensional life that gives them an actual purpose for existing in a post-apocalyptic world.

Lanfaer
Mana_ecl Zetsuya
Synister Bombardment
Lord Edegaru
Admiral Frog
chrissy b e a n

I think it's a good idea but I was thinking that if if a character chooses to invest more in agility, he might be able to avoid endurance since he would avoid attacks as long as his stat let him. Which makes me think that there should also be an accuracy stat to assist in landing hits. That way endurance becomes more relevant. Also, adding a health bar is going to require not just Chakra costs from attacks but also damage points. Calculating the amount of damage proportionate to the level of jutsu plus figuring how easy/hard it would be to attain enough endurance to sustain such attacks could prove difficult. What I mean is, if a player is able to learn jutsu capable of performing 100 damage to endurance faster than one can earn 100 endurance points might make things unbalanced.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:21 am
Lord Edegaru
Tao-Benshin

Lanfaer
Mana_ecl Zetsuya
Synister Bombardment
Lord Edegaru
Admiral Frog
chrissy b e a n

I think it's a good idea but I was thinking that if if a character chooses to invest more in agility, he might be able to avoid endurance since he would avoid attacks as long as his stat let him. Which makes me think that there should also be an accuracy stat to assist in landing hits. That way endurance becomes more relevant. Also, adding a health bar is going to require not just Chakra costs from attacks but also damage points. Calculating the amount of damage proportionate to the level of jutsu plus figuring how easy/hard it would be to attain enough endurance to sustain such attacks could prove difficult. What I mean is, if a player is able to learn jutsu capable of performing 100 damage to endurance faster than one can earn 100 endurance points might make things unbalanced.

The goal was to assign each jutsu a letter rank for speed and damage. That way, if you want to dodge it, you'd need to expend stamina or chakra in some way to equal or overcome that rank. If you try to block it, you have to overcome the damage rank. Then, we are going to assign the amount of damage each rank does to Endurance. So it'll be pretty cut and dry as to how many hits you will take before falling.

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Mordred Killian

Dangerous Phantom

8,625 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:25 pm
Lanfaer
Lord Edegaru
Tao-Benshin

Lanfaer
Mana_ecl Zetsuya
Synister Bombardment
Lord Edegaru
Admiral Frog
chrissy b e a n

The goal was to assign each jutsu a letter rank for speed and damage. That way, if you want to dodge it, you'd need to expend stamina or chakra in some way to equal or overcome that rank. If you try to block it, you have to overcome the damage rank. Then, we are going to assign the amount of damage each rank does to Endurance. So it'll be pretty cut and dry as to how many hits you will take before falling.
Sounds Ike your prepared. I say go for it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:39 pm
Haha Endurance, I believe that this is a very good idea because I for one does not get the hint or anything, like I will be battling and not believe that I can take damage because I can think of ways to dodge every single attack which is bad... very very bad, But this will give me a better understanding on my limits.  

Synister Bombardment

Dapper Millionaire

Recycle Bin [Dead Threads]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas