Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Beau and Larry - The Tale Of A Tangled Web Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:45 am
Larrimore watched Beau do his thing, wincing as he pulled out the string form his wrist. "You can still use String Shot?" The Pinsir hybrid asked, having not seen his friend do that in a very long time, figuring he had evolved beyond such a capability. Glancing around the room as he sat there he listened to Beau but didn't let on immediately that he was paying attention, using the time to consider his question and create a proper response, one that didn't let on his lack of forethought.

"You want the truth? No, I don't." Larrimore admitted with a sigh. "I just couldn't sit by anymore though, to just let those people do as they please." He started, readjusting the way he was sitting as if admitting this made him uncomfortable. "How many generations must our people suffer under them? For how long? Being cautious has helped our people survive but what about thriving? I'm tired of just surviving. I perhaps it's misplaced hope to think our actions might start something bigger but by the World Tree I have to at least try. I must."

"For now though we need to just lay low and figure out where to go from here. If you want to go back to La Ruche now that you know I'm possibly suicidal I'll understand, but I'm staying out here. I'll find something, anything, to stick to the Royal Guard and that b*****d of a so-called king himself." The hybrid hissed.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:24 pm
"Yeah, well, apparently if you keep doing these things you learned when you were younger, it adapts itself to your new forms. Not exactly the most ideal way to use this stuff and it reminds me way too much of the stupid gardening work they wanted me doing, but it is a thing I can do. Very begrudgingly usually." Beau responded with, hard at work with forming the wick he desired for the lantern. As he finished his question to Larry and took a glance back towards the lantern, he could see the thread was at least holding up to the oil soaking it through.

Looking over his hand, Beau scoffed at Larry's attempt to give an out from this eventual journey forward. "I burnt down a vital bridge in our village just because it would cut those pricks off from doing anything more than the comparably minor damages they did. You really think a lack of plan and just searching for ways to inspire is gonna dissuade me? I just wanted to be sure you weren't thinking about having us commit to open warfare." He told the Pinsir hybrid, slowly laying down on the floor of the room as he began to think. As much as their little sideshows along their travels had humanized them to some people, it wasn't exactly going to stand up to the weight of the history they were taught out here. At best, they would be labeled as 'the good ones'. And that label would only extend as long as they never rocked the boat any further than existing as a hybrid in Kalos already did.

Wait....history. That could give them something.

"Larry, where do you think we could go to find some history books? If we're gonna become symbols to inspire hybrids to improve their lot in life, might as well get us our own symbol from history. Give us some prestige to match the royal twits." Beau grinned, mind already racing with showy explosions and some grand heist to steal away a store of books for this little idea he had. Not that he even knew if the places they could find would make that feasible. But he still wanted his high flying explosive heist to get them their materials. Give the people a show to add to this eventual idea.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:05 pm
"History books?" Larrimore repeated back to Beau, mulling that question over in his head a bit. His knowledge of Kalos outside of La Ruche was much greater than Beau's though on more detailed matters, as to where to find specific things, he was much more lacking on than even the most common citizen of the region. That said one place did come to mind. "Well besides the obvious answer of Lumiose, which we definitely can't set foot in for obvious reasons, the nearest place to find such things would probably by Laverre City. It's a very old city nestled in the forest. I've visited there once, felt a lot like home, just with humans. There is a small library there from what I've heard. If I had to guess its likely filled with mostly information on the city's ancient tree and Fairy Pokemon, both of which they are big on." He explained.

"But it's not a bad place to check, if I'm guessing where your train of thought is going. Just be how old the settlement is there should be at least some sort of useful information somewhere. Plus if things do take a turn for the worse for us we're in our environment, a forest, won't be too hard to lose the guard there." Larrimore pointed out.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:45 pm
Beau would nod along as he heard Larry outlining where they could go for the idea he had just brought up. Especially when he brought up the fact that this place was apparently nestled away in a forest. "Place sounds perfect. We get the history we want, we get an easy out if things go bad, and.....I wish I had a third thing." Beau called out, looking in the direction he assumed this Laverre City to be in. And then remembering he had no idea where it was. "....Larry, I really hope you know where that is because I'm not sure aimless wandering will get us the results we're wanting here."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:54 am
"Of course I do, I was trained to be a knight, a guardian of our village." The Pinsir hybrid beamed with pride. "Part of our training is general geography, never know when one of us might get lost. Another reason was the 'emergency migration' plan. In case that miserable monarch ever decided to finish what his ancestors started we were to take as many villagers as possible and attempt to flee to Galar across the channel. Laverre City would be one of the cities you'd pass through along the way to the shore." Larrimore reassured Beauregard.

"Now let's try to get some rest, it's going to be a long walk to Laverre City. I want to set off as early as possible, before sunrise, to hopefully avoid any Royal Guard patrols on Route 15." He explained. Then looking at the bed he was sitting on he realized it was the only one in the room and it was a twin, they couldn't both fit on it. "Here, take the bed, I'm used to sleeping on the ground. Plus you don't want to damage your delicate wings." Larrimore teased Beauregard as he rose up, stretched a bit, and proceeded to find a spot on the floor to lay down on for the night.

-----

[The next morning.]

Larrimore would be up before Beauregard, having barely slept. While he doubted anyone would find them here his knight training wouldn't allow him to completely relax this far 'behind enemy lines', the beetle man only napping here and there throughout the night. Sitting up on the floor he gave Beauregard a little wave, turning his attention back to one of the makeshift spears he had worked on for the past hour. He had ripped the door off the old wardrobe, split it into long pieces with his pincers, and then proceeded to gnaw their ends to sharp points with his tough teeth. With this one done he would have three 'spears' in total, of which he would use a strip of bed sheet to tie them together to carry easier.

"Sleep well?" Larrimore asked between chews. "I want to move out soon so get ready."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:30 pm
Beau rolled his eyes at the little chivalric tease, but still took the bed without question. "Right. I forget. They teach you knights how to sleep in your helmets. A rock must feel like a fluffy pillow to you." Beau shot back, watching Larry return to laying down and at least looking comfortable before he would start settling in on the bed. He didn't want to feel bad about actually taking the dude up on his offer of the bed.

----

Eventually, Beau would stir back into consciousness as he heard the chewing sounds of Larry working on his third spear. Blinking a few times as he stared at Larry, beau would shrug. "Sorta. Kept hearing bugs skittering along the floor." Beau said, sticking his tongue out at Larry as he got out of the bed and began to stretch himself out. "Well, I'm good to go. So lets go."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:19 pm
Larrimore would brush off Beauregard's joke, having been around him for far too long to let them bother him. Once they had their few things together the pair would exit the Lost Hotel the way they came in, only once encountering a 'native' to the hotel, a Litwick that was getting just a bit too close for comfort, however when Larrimore moved some rubble to climb their way out a ray of sunshine pierced through the darkness and scared off the sentient candle.

"It feels, and smells, so much better out here." Larrimore commented once they were back outside, now standing among the weathered ruins of the long abandoned hotel, the Pinsir hybrid basking in the low morning sun and breathing deep. He wanted nothing more than to lay in the grass and watch the sun's climb into the sky and take in its warmth but they had much ground to cover. Noting the sun's position Larrimore was quick to determine the proper direction of which they would travel. "See that river?" He said, pointing at the distant flowing body of water. "We cross that one and one more and Laverre City will be dead ahead."

The hybrid would begin his trek northwest, keeping his eyes focused ahead. "They call this route Brun Way. If the abandoned hotel wasn't hint enough this place is pretty much abandoned as far as development goes which makes it a popular hangout for ne'er-do-wells from Lumiose." Really? 'ne'er-do-wells? Come on now, Larry. "Surprised we didn't see any in the hotel, then again we could have just gotten lucky." The man commented, his forward gaze brought just once as he saw something move in some nearby grass, nothing more than a cautious Watchog.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff