Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Beau and Larry - The Tale Of A Tangled Web Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Hopping off the Mamoswine and giving a small wave to the man, Beau turned to Larry. "Alright. Here we go. Time to see how the world greets us. Should be fun." He quipped, a smile on his face as he looked to the Pinsir hybrid. All they needed to do now was get themselves set up. Easy enough.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:19 pm
It was about two weeks since they jumped off that Mamoswine and made it into Kalos proper. Their welcome had not been a warm one, however. Anistar City wasn't too bad at first, they had encountered lots of tourists who were more than glad to meet the hybrids, especially to take their pictures. It wasn't until the local police took notice when things turned bad. Eventually the hybrids were asked to leave the city for causing a 'public disturbance' and 'disorderly conduct' simply because Beau decided to put on a 'firework show' at one of the Anistar Sundial's evening viewings. Larrimore barely managed to get them both out of there.

Eventually they would find themselves in a town called Dendemille. They were able to crash there for several days in an old barn owned by a retired farmer. He was pretty nice to them but things turned back when the old guy passed away in his sleep and immediately the town folk blamed them for bringing their 'hybrid diseases' with them, that being what killed the almost ninety year old man according to them. The towns people had literally chased them right through the town gate and onto Route 15 which is precisely where the pair found themselves.

"Think they stopped chasing us?" Larrimore asked, panting slightly as he leaned up against a tree, its orange leaves swaying gently in the breeze.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:58 pm
Beau would glance back over his shoulder, seemingly less tired than Larry from their chase. He had just been lucky with a few hills and glided his way along to conserve himself. Collapsing on his back next to the tree, Beau could only groan for a moment. Eventually, he composed himself enough to say, "Better be. Its been like fifteen kilometers." Huffing and puffing as he attempted to return to his feet, the Vivillon hybrid looked over at his companion. He had ended up taking the brunt of any offense against them, and it showed. Beau felt a little self-conscious. He didn't mean to make him have to do that, but he was the showman and Larry was his bouncer. "I swear, if the next one of these hillbillies we meet tries to kill us again, I'm gonna explode them."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:07 pm
"That's what got us in trouble in Anistar City, need I remind you?" Larrimore asked Beauregard as he pulled away from the tree and straightened out his clothes. "Did you happen to save the map? I have no idea where we are right now." The Pinsir hybrid said as he observed his surroundings.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:12 am
Beau would dig into his pack for a moment before feeling a sudden emptiness to the satchel. Lifting it up to look into the pack, Larry would soon find Beau staring at him through the bottom of the bag. "Damn rednecks must have caught the underside of my bag. I now own approximately nothing except my lighter." Beau groaned out, throwing the pack back towards Dendemille in frustration. Looking down the path they had been running down, Beau hoped he might find someone a little more open minded. Or someone to rob, he wasn't picky about how they would get this done.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:58 pm
Reno Vantas
Beau would dig into his pack for a moment before feeling a sudden emptiness to the satchel. Lifting it up to look into the pack, Larry would soon find Beau staring at him through the bottom of the bag. "Damn rednecks must have caught the underside of my bag. I now own approximately nothing except my lighter." Beau groaned out, throwing the pack back towards Dendemille in frustration. Looking down the path they had been running down, Beau hoped he might find someone a little more open minded. Or someone to rob, he wasn't picky about how they would get this done.

"Figures." Larrimore grumbled as they made their way down the path. "So we have no food, no map, and no gear at all and we don't even know where we are in a hostile land. Great, just great." He continued to complain, their trials and tribulations finally starting to get to him. "Hey, what's that up ahead? You got better eyes than me, make yourself useful for once." Larrimore snapped at Beauregard as he pointed to what to him just looked like a bunch of gray stones but Beauregard would know better, it looked like the remains of a building, the Lost Hotel.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:13 pm
SubonicXP
"Figures." Larrimore grumbled as they made their way down the path. "So we have no food, no map, and no gear at all and we don't even know where we are in a hostile land. Great, just great." He continued to complain, their trials and tribulations finally starting to get to him. "Hey, what's that up ahead? You got better eyes than me, make yourself useful for once." Larrimore snapped at Beauregard as he pointed to what to him just looked like a bunch of gray stones but Beauregard would know better, it looked like the remains of a building, the Lost Hotel.

Beau could only roll his eyes as Larry began to grumble at him, stretching out his arms and wings before leaping a few feet into the air to look into the distance. What he saw did not inspire confidence within him, considering it looked like it might be in even worse shape than they were. Somehow. "Now then, start walking. Its a place to hole up. Or do I need to be the brawn and the brains around here?" Beau snidely told his friend, slowly beginning their march towards the Lost Hotel.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:37 pm
Reno Vantas

Beau could only roll his eyes as Larry began to grumble at him, stretching out his arms and wings before leaping a few feet into the air to look into the distance. What he saw did not inspire confidence within him, considering it looked like it might be in even worse shape than they were. Somehow. "Now then, start walking. Its a place to hole up. Or do I need to be the brawn and the brains around here?" Beau snidely told his friend, slowly beginning their march towards the Lost Hotel.

"You wish you were either one." Larrimore replied as he followed after Beauregard.

As they arrived at the decrepit building Larrimore couldn't help but let out a heavy sigh. "It will do in a pinch, not the best place however." He admitted as he began to walk through the ruins of the hotel. "The roof remains in places but won't really keep the weather and elements out. Maybe there is an underground floor, look for an entrance. Would be better than sleeping out in the semi-open." The Pinsir hybrid said as he began to dig around in the rubble.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:55 pm
SubonicXP

"You wish you were either one." Larrimore replied as he followed after Beauregard.

As they arrived at the decrepit building Larrimore couldn't help but let out a heavy sigh. "It will do in a pinch, not the best place however." He admitted as he began to walk through the ruins of the hotel. "The roof remains in places but won't really keep the weather and elements out. Maybe there is an underground floor, look for an entrance. Would be better than sleeping out in the semi-open." The Pinsir hybrid said as he began to dig around in the rubble.

Beau would forgo the examination of the rubble, instead simply choosing to walk deeper into the decrepit old building. He doubted that whatever was in the front would prove to be anything interesting for a place to hide. The rear of the foundation didn't show anything more interesting than the front, although there seemed to be a simple piece of railing that just...disappeared into the ground. "Larry. I got a winner for a basement. Although there is a literal slab of stone on it. Come help." Beau whined to the front office, desperately hoping to get his friend and not need to blow this up too.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:38 pm
Reno Vantas

Beau would forgo the examination of the rubble, instead simply choosing to walk deeper into the decrepit old building. He doubted that whatever was in the front would prove to be anything interesting for a place to hide. The rear of the foundation didn't show anything more interesting than the front, although there seemed to be a simple piece of railing that just...disappeared into the ground. "Larry. I got a winner for a basement. Although there is a literal slab of stone on it. Come help." Beau whined to the front office, desperately hoping to get his friend and not need to blow this up too.

"I'm coming." Larrimore called out as he gave up on rummaging around in the rubble and walked over to where his friend was. The Pinsir hybrid looked down at the cemented slab for a brief moment and nudged the butterfly man to the side. "Watch out." Was all Larrimore said as he took out a Pokeball and released his Chesnaught. "Help me lift on three."

At the count of three Chesnaught and Larrimore would lift up the cemented slab with somewhat ease and toss it to the side, causing it to crack in two and revealing a staircase underneath. "Huh, good find." The Pinsir hybrid said as he recalled his Pokemon and began his journey down.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:52 am
Beau would look at Larry with a critical eye as the Chesnaught came out, staring down his fellow hybrid. "Why didn't we use that on the mob when they were chasing us down? He could have at least given us some cover." The Vivillon hybrid said, slowly walking into the basement of this eerie hotel. Guess it was time to see what matter of horror they ahd arrived to. Maybe they'd be lucky and it would just be a crazy old lady rather than full on haunted hotel.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:37 am
The Lost Hotel on the inside looked exactly like how one would assume from the outside, dark, dirty, and falling apart. The only light they had at the moment was the sun's rays shining in through the opening, just enough for Larrimore to make out some lovely trash on the floor and piles of dirt, likely built up slowly over many years. Besides how grim this placed looked from what the Pinsir hybrid could tell its foundation was still very sound, the walls and ceiling appearing solid in spite of its notable age. Taking several steps down the hallway he would note they weren't going to get far on just sunlight alone. As a Pinsir hybrid his night vision was far superior to Beauregard's, however this place was pitch black. In a more natural darkness, with at least star light, he would be completely fine, but even he would have trouble seeing if they went further.

"I can't believe I'm asking for this but can you put your pyromanic tendencies to good use and make a torch? Looks like there is plenty of junk around here to burn." Larrimore asked Beauregard, kicking a random hunk of wood, looked like it belonged to a chair at some point.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:08 am
Beau would loudly sigh at the pyromaniac jab from Larry, leveling a flat gaze at his friend before responding. "It's amazing how much you talk down on my like and ability to ignite things when it seems like our main solution to getting out of trouble and stopping things. Those scumbags raiding La Ruche, distracting the commune when we wanted to eat some extra food after training a few nights, that time you really wanted to impress you-know-who." Beau shot back, carefully gathering a few of the pieces of broken furniture and trash as he qas doing so. The stuff was half invisible but he could at least hear where some of it was from Larry moving it around. Eventually, he would come up with a couple of different pieces of wood that all had some more papery trash wrapped around one end. "I don't know how long these will last since its burning the actual stick and not some fuel it was soaked in but I made extras to compensate." Throwing the rest of the torches he made over to Larry to put in the bag, Beau stated, "Now close your eyes. There is about to be a bright flash."

Grabbing out the small lighter he managed to liberate while in Anistar City for his close up fireworks, he would spark up the device before flexing his wrist. And then the darkened space would soon be lit up with a very loud pop as the Powder ignited and the paper caught fire, leaving a working torch and mildly blinded Beau in its wake. "Okay. Larry. You're in charge of leading. I still got those 'you have vaguely seared your retinas' stars dancing in my vision. Knew we should've grabbed sunglasses when we saw them at that stand on our way out of Dendemille."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:39 am
Larrimore would roll his eyes over Beauregard's rant about his own jabs, ready to ignore them for the most part and move on, it was only when he mentioned 'you-know-who' did the Pinsir hybrid give the butterfly man a more forward response. "Don't." He hissed, his horns reflexively opening and closing slightly, indicating his anger over Beauregard bringing up an apparent crush he had in the past.

Whipping his head back around he closed his eyes tight and waited for his 'friend' to light the crude torch, opening his eyes soon after as the smell of burning wood graced his nostrils. Now capable of seeing much further ahead of them the man began to walk down the dilapidated hallway in silence, expecting Beauregard to follow with the torch.

There wasn't much of interest to see as they walked, just a lot of trash, some cobwebs, and several shut doors. Larrimore would jiggle the knobs of several of the doors to see if they opened, however none had yet to be unlocked. They probably could break down one of the doors but he figured it would be more effort than they needed to exert right now and with that state of this place he didn't want to risk breaking something only to find out it was the only thing keeping this entire place standing.

After checking seven locked doors he finally found one that was unlocked, or rather lacked a doorknob completely, the knob cleanly removed at some point long ago and the door ajar. Slowly pushing the door open he motioned for Beauregard to get closer so that the torch may illuminate the inside. With the light of the fire shining in they could see that this hotel room was in pretty decent shape. Dirty like they might expect but it still had its furnishings. A bare queen sized mattress that looked good and dry, a wooden dresser and wardrobe covered in dust but otherwise in fact, and an ancient phone screwed to the wall that was certainly no longer in service.

Entering the room Larrimore began to look around, opening the dresser doors to find not much of interest, just a few loose papers and pens, a holy book of the Alpha faith, and a single sock. Moving over to the wardrobe he found something very useful to them, an old oil lamp. Between this thing and the ancient phone he figured this place was abandoned around eighty years ago. Remembering how dry the bed looked as he stared at the liquid in the lamp he held it out for Beauregard to take.

"Here is some fuel. Might still be good, isn't particularly damp in here." He said as he handed Beauregard the lamp. It lacked a wick, likely rotted away long ago, but he could still use the fuel on something else to burn. Walking over to the bed he sat down and sighed. "This is as good of a place as any to hunker down in for the time being."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:32 pm
Beau had been taking stock of materials in the hotel himself, attempting to locate anything that might prove more suitable for torch material than paper that was liable to immolate itself much more quickly than the time they would need light for. By around torch 3, Beau would have a few scraps of cloth from what he guessed were either bedsheets or drapes to try and create a longer lasting torch whenever they actually managed to find a room they could take time to setup in. Which thankfully came up rather quickly as one of the doors finally yielded results. And also yielded an old oil lantern without a wick, so it looked like the next torches would at least be able to last longer since the fuel would burn first if he did it right. But a different thought struck Beau as he stared at the missing wick. If the thread worked like he hoped it would, he might be able to just simply replace the wick rather than attempt to fashion an oil-coated torch. Setting everything down and grabbing at the top of his wrist, Beau would mutter, "I am both grateful and hate you for making keep this a thing I can do, Charlotte." And with that, the Bug hybrid would yank out a strand of String Shot with a yelp. Shaking his wrist more out of personal discomfort than any actual inflicted pain, Beau would soon set a wrapped cluster of the threads into where the wick would have gone and left them to soak up the oil for the time being.

Looking over to Larry on the bed, Beau decided to finally broach the subject of their journey. "I know we said we were doing this to stick it to the Royal Guard and the rest of them out here in Kalos, but do you have an actual plan?" Beau questioned, "I'm all for a good amount of explosions and open defiance but its just the two of us and I can only put out so much powder before we'd be running for our lives with very little to cover our escape."  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff