Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
City of Edinburgh ~ Scotland

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:01 am
Edinburgh

User Image

Edinburgh is the capital city of Scotland, situated in Lothian on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth. It is the second most populous city in Scotland and the seventh most populous in the United Kingdom. Edinburgh is rich in associations with the past and has many historic buildings, including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, the churches of St. Giles, Greyfriars and the Canongate, and an extensive Georgian New Town built in the 18th century.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:31 pm
I've got some issues that nobody can see
And all of these emotions are pouring out of me
I bring them to the light for you
It's only right
This is the soundtrack to my life (yeah, yeah)
The soundtrack to my life
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Muggleborn | Slytherin Alum | Junior Reporter

Wren fidgeted with his hands since handing off one of the fair passes to Di wondering for the billionth time what to do with them. He was pretty sure they weren't at arm and arm stage (and honestly even they were he wouldn't do it because that just looked pretentious) and he wasn't sure if Di would appreciate him just randomly grabbing and holding her hand. Maybe she didn't like having her hand held or had a weird thing about space and touching. God knows he would understand but dammit, he wished there were thought bubbles that hung over people's head that told others what they were comfortable with so he would know. As it were, he was just standing close enough that their hands could briefly touch (so he could judge her reaction) but far enough that either one of them could move without restraint. He looked over the map they were given that showed where the different sections of the festival were located along with a schedule of the acts performing. He couldn't help but snort at one of the names performing later that day; while he hadn't kept up as far as popular bands he knew what he liked. And it probably wasn't something that had a name like "Fires of Mercury." "Do you recognize any of these names or am I the odd one out?" Wren asked wryly flipping the paper over once or twice to be sure he wasn't actually looking at food vendor names.

I'm super paranoid, like a sixth sense
Since my father died, I ain't been right since
And I tried to piece the puzzle of the universe
Split an eighth of 'shrooms just so I could see the universe
I tried to think about myself as a sacrifice
Just to show the kids they ain't the only ones who up at night

The Forgotten Weasley

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:42 pm
What you got on tap, I'll take two of that-
I'm chasing a story I heard...
When I was here last, at the back of the class,
You pretended you never got lost.
You're at the back of the class, in the back of the bus,
Sitting out at the dance, so we're saying "no, thanks".

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

barrister-in-training │ former ravenclaw │ halfblood

Di was honestly shocked, but she was trying to pretend she wasn't for the sake of appearance. Arguably, her and Wren had been going on what could be deemed 'dates' for nearly two years now, but the dates had been somewhat few and far between, especially once she had graduated and with him being still in school, so really they could probably just be termed 'generic hanging out'. There may have been some ah... flirting in the guise of playful bickering, but they had certainly never acted like a couple, in any real sense of the word. So this had been decidedly unexpected, and she was trying to determine what had prompted it. Him graduating? If anything, she would have expected Wren to have very little free time, especially now that he'd started at the Prophet.

She could make some snide comment about him maturing, but then again, it wasn't like she'd acted like Miss Adult either. The sensible thing to do would have been to have sat him down and forced them both to examine their feelings and whether or not they wanted to have an actual, legitimate relationship. But of course that would have been torture, so instead she'd stuck to sarcasm and avoiding any and all questions about her love life, or lack of one. Really, it was more like a love half-life. Logically, Di knew that she was attracted to Wren and he her, so nothing should be stopping them. Emotionally, she had the nagging doubt that, aside from some occasional typical hormonal glances and/or comments and/or flirtation common for a young man of eighteen, he was 'just not that into her'.

But he had asked her, so maybe she should just shut her brain up and go with the bloody flow for once. "Tiny Navy," she read dramatically, widening her gray-green eyes. "Nicky Field, Space Romans, The Aviators." None of the names were very familiar. "I feel old and un-hip," she snickered, although that was probably true, judging by her attire, which looked firmly lodged in the past. But she wasn't going to be an idiot and wear shorts or a dress during a Scottish evening, and this was no time for high heels. She'd rather not sprain something, thanks. But their hands were nearly touching, and she was afraid of risking that either. "Maybe we'll find some hot new indie band to be smug about until it inevitably blows up." She didn't mean to sound that flippant, not really. He was doing her a bigger favor than he realized, since the whole... howler incident.

OOC:
Yukina101

When they see you around, you look down at the ground-
But when they walk away you'd wish they'd stay.
Never never mind bleeding heart, bleeding heart.
You can't help but stare at everyone there...
It's you versus everyone else.
Your outfit's a crime, you feel their cold minds,
Placing you under arrest.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:13 pm
It's only right
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wren almost said "bullshit" to that name had it not actually be the headliner for "Fires of Mercury." How the hell had he missed that? For the rest of the names he just unhelpfully ablibbed their genre or band style. "I'm pretty sure that's either a ripoff of someone or something you should listen to on mushrooms." "Bet you five galleons there's a dude up there humping an alien standee." "Definitely a Leonardo Di Caprio tribute band." He snorted and rolled his eyes at his companion's statement before looking her in the eyes with a smirk. "The un-hip part I can't really argue with but I can't let you call yourself old since it'd be kinda sardonic considering you're only a year older than me." he tried to say nonchalantly but was betrayed by the flush starting in the back of his neck and rising to the tip of his ears. He would flip his hood up to try and hide it but thought it'd look weird or at the very least really random.

Wren never thought he'd be embarrassed at being attracted to someone but in all honesty he'd never thought he'd find someone to be attracted to. For the longest he thought he might be one of those asexuals who just never found another human being in a sexual manner and honestly, he had slowly come to turns with that. It would be just his luck that the moment he did some stubborn, opinionated, bossy, intelligent, pretty....dammit. Some person would strut into his life and make it harder than it already was. The worst part was that he wasn't even that upset about it. Well he was upset he couldn't behave like a functioning human being for longer than five minutes around her but he wasn't upset that he liked her. Definitely wasn't upset that she like him back, at least somewhat to agree to go on a date with him. Multiple times if he counted their other interactions. Which his sister did. And he sort of did. Instead he tried to hide his blushing with a snicker as Di spoke about them discovering an indie band to be smug about. "That would piss your sister off I bet. That we could say we saw them before they became huge." Wren said lightly bumping her with his shoulder.

The Forgotten Weasley

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:58 pm

D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

Di chuckled at the shrooms comment, looked suitably admonishing at the 'humping' crassness, and burst into genuine laughter at the Di Caprio finale. She did notice his blush, however, as her giggles died down, which of course prompted her own somewhat sheepish blush. She wasn't fourteen, so she wasn't going to be terribly self conscious about it, but she did pause for a moment and smile somewhat self-consciously at him, although it faded when he mentioned Treva. She tried to roll her eyes, but just gave an awkward sort of nod, accompanied by a groan. "She's not speaking to me- well, not that she was before, but she's decided to blame me for the fact that our sleazy uncle manipulated her depressed mother into sleeping with him," Di stated dryly, although from her tone it was obvious she was at least a little genuinely hurt by it.

"I'm not sure what she wanted me to do; out them to our entire extended family, no doubt." What had Treva expected? For Di to come charging in to the rescue? Sleeping with a married man wasn't a crime. Nor was cheating on your wife, yet again. It certainly didn't count as child abuse or neglect, and as cold as it might have sounded, Treva and Di's other half-siblings were not in any danger, aside from dealing with a grieving parent, which she was more than content to leave up to Rodric and Nerys to deal with. Isolde certainly didn't want her around. But she did brush her shoulder against his in return. "But that's just the usual drama with the Warlows. How's Anwen? She must be excited about starting secondary." Anwen was just the right age that Di felt she could play somewhat of an older sister role... without feeling like she had yet another younger sibling to look after. Di and Lena got along quite well, but Lena was a chatty nine year old. Eleven was a bit more mature.

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:34 am
It's only right

Wren really shouldn't have felt as smug and accomplished as he did just from making Di laugh but ******** all, he was going to. Besides the few times he'd taken her to a movie or shared thoughts on a book they both decided to read (separately, he never got or borrowed the book specifically because she was reading it) he'd never actually made her laugh. Really really laugh, not the usual snickers or her patented "R U Srs Rite Now" look. Some days just the thought of the look though made him snicker because he knew she would hate the fact that he used half-arsed text spelling instead of the real thing. He wasn't able to bask in his accomplishment for long seeing how deflated Di had gotten after he mentioned her sister. Both his eyebrows quirked when she explained that the younger teen wasn't speaking to her due to their uncle sleeping with her mother. Well honestly that sounded like some "Flowers In the Attic" type s**t but he had a feeling that if he said it that it wouldn't go over so well. He did snort however about supposedly outing them to the entire family.

"I mean I know I joke about it sometimes but seriously, your sister really isn't the brightest crayon in the box is she. I mean, despite your trying, you don't actually control the universe and the people within it. I doubt you really could've convinced her mother to stop seeing him unless she really wanted to. And well, sleaze balls are sleazes, ain't nothing really gonna change that so uh. I guess I'm just sorta, not understanding what you could've done? Outing would've just made you look like the bad guy wouldn' it? And then she prolly wouldn' have been with you when you did it." Wren had to stop himself from saying more and had to almost physically remind himself that this was her little sister he was about to trash. Despite obvious differences of opinions on nearly everything, he was sure she still loved her and probably wouldn't be too happy to hear other people talk allot of s**t about her. Even if he did think that Treva was the type that would've crawled out after everything had been said and done and just picked at the remains like some neo-punk scavenger but he would happily keep those thoughts to himself. "Anyway uh, I'm sure she'll come around eventually. You and her seem to have an understanding about a lot of things so, I'm sure you'll find one about this." he said with a definitive nod. He didn't do encouraging smiles, he'd seen too many fake ones thrown at him to put him off them, but he did lightly touch her hand with his. Not quite holding it but close enough that if she wanted to she could close the gap.

When asked about his sister though Wren gave an inaudible sigh of relief at the change of topic and a loud audible (obviously fake) sigh and just gave her a look. "It's literally all and everything she's been talking about since Spring. Spring. If it's not the school itself it's the classes she's taking, or if it's not those it's the guilds. I know she wrote your younger sister about them cause she was so excited when she found out that they got put into different ones like at Hog-our school." he covered up his almost blunder because really, last thing he needed was some pothead yelling about Hogwarts. "She got into the Phoenix one which from what she says is all about determination and being your personal best at everything and never say die and honestly I think I blacked out after she started pulling note cards." Wren admitted with a short laugh but there was mostly pride there. He was proud that his sister could do all this stuff and go to a school that told her all that cliche bullshite because really if that's what it takes for her to be her happiest, then he was sold.

The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:12 am

D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

Di rolled her eyes when Wren pointed out that her sister wasn't 'the brightest crayon in the box'. "She's fifteen and her relationship with her mother is totally...," she shrugged and added, To be fair, of all the boys in Slytherin Treva could have dated (and Di wasn't petty enough to not admit that her sister was a pretty girl, metamorphmagus or not), Garnet was probably among the tamer few. He at least seemed sensible, so Di wasn't as worried about it as she could have been.

Impulsively, she grabbed Wren's hand in gratitude, surprised he had stopped himself from ranting about her sister more and instead tried to comfort her, and squeezed it. She should have let go then, but then a moment had passed and she hadn't, so she just held it, ignoring how red she'd gotten. Really, what was this, fourth year? She was too old to be flushing like a literal schoolgirl. "Lena is probably to the moon with jealousy; she can't wait to go to Hogwarts." Not that Di could blame her, with the current state of things around the Warlow homestead. "But that's great for Anwen. She seems like she'll do really well there; she's always been very... social?" Di couldn't help but look amused, not wanting to come right out and say 'clearly she makes up for what you might lack in that department', but it was likely obvious anyways. Hey, she wasn't a social butterfly herself, but at least she made the effort... most of the time. Plus, Wren was much more mellow than he had been three or four years ago. Sort of like Leon, but that was probably Nike's doing.

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:31 pm
It's only right

Wren was happy he wasn't scolded for the disparaging comments he made towards her sister but did do a dramatic double-take when she said "********." It wasn't like he thought Di never cursed (that idea had been blissfully ripped apart around his sixth year) but she was usually a bit more...well not liberal for sure. She didn't let it fall in every other sentence like he did. He hmm'd and nodded at the right parts as she spoke about her brother, whom he'd only really met once and had concluded that he generally lived up to his nickname, and didn't really blink at the knowledge that Treva had a boyfriend she could escape to. Or rather another one he should say. This one must've been different though if Di wasn't actively saying something against him. He'd ask but he was pretty sure you weren't supposed to talk about your sibling's relationship status while on a date. Unless they were talking s**t about it but he figured they could do that any time. Wren tried, and failed massively, to stop his blush from happening as she took his hand and squeezed it without releasing it and used every bit of self restraint he didn't know he had to not grin like one of these potheads.

He wasn't good with feelings, he didn't have to have Murdoch or Borson tell him he ******** knew, and he felt bad that sometimes (read most of the times) he didn't do or say the right things at the right time. There were times when he was with Di where he still felt all those things but it didn't necessarily feel like he was a ******** up person in general, just that he had ******** up and she wasn't going to head for the hills while he tried to fix it. And then there were magical times like these where he hadn't ******** up and he had to fight himself not to do anything to actually ******** up the ******** moment. So Wren only snorted at Di's "delicate" way of poking fun at his prickly persona and instead kept a firm grasp on her hand as he again bumped shoulders as a way to show he wasn't offended. "You're not wrong, pretty sure she came out the womb with a smile." he said with a huff trying to keep his thoughts on his sister and not with their absent mother. "They're having this social thingy about a week or so before school actually starts and you know, I'd thought I'd listen to her whine about what to wear like a normal person. Nope, I have to listen to whether or not discussing the newest Math Monthly, or whatever her mag is called, is a good ice breaker or about the season finale of Doctor Who. Which in all honesty I did not think they still were doing." he admitted with a dramatic eye roll.

The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers