Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
Extra Buttery

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like my festive avatar? c;
  Spicy
  Not so spicy
View Results

[Microwave Popcorn]

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:58 pm
Hello everybody!
I'm not a newbie to Gaia, but I am a newbie to this guild.

My name is Kat, you can call me Kat or Popcorn, or anything else that you see fit. 3nodding
My first Gaia account was made in September of 2005. For whatever reason this account, my THEN mule, became my main account. I spent most of my days in slots, when you could actually name them crying , with Ms Jezebel Spirit.

In real life I am currently attending College in Chicago, IL for Design and Visual Communications. I also work as a shampoo tech in a beauty salon.
I have very strong feelings about feminism. Don't worry, feminists don't hate men. You're safe. wink

Some general likes and dislikes:
Likes: Equality, Game of Thrones, make-up, Fall, photography
Dislikies: Inequality, moldy cheese, pollution

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:16 am
gaia_nitemareleft Bump. gaia_nitemareright  

[Microwave Popcorn]

Conservative Sex Symbol

[Microwave Popcorn]

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:17 am
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:23 am

[Microwave Popcorn]

Conservative Sex Symbol

Clockwork Sparrow

Shy Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:34 am
Hello there, Kat! heart How are you today?

I remember being able to name rooms! That used to be pretty neat! Welcome to the guild.

How do you enjoy being a shampoo tech? I'm not sure what that is. sweatdrop It sounds interesting though. So does your major! (It's also nice to see another feminist! biggrin )

Sorry, I'm tired and I have had caffeine so I am just bouncing right now. You sound pretty awesome - I like your likes. Well, I haven't read/watched Game of Thrones so I don't know about that one. It seems good though.

So...er...yes, welcome to the guild. heart I hope you're doing well today!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:39 am
Clockwork Sparrow

Thanks!

A shampoo tech is the same thing as a shampoo girl. It's less discriminatory to say it the other way though. wink
My major is basically Graphic Design just...with a fancy name. Ha ha.

I loooooove coffee. Too bad it's too expensive downtown.
I would make it in the morning, but I'm always running late. crying

/FeministHighFive

[Microwave Popcorn]

Conservative Sex Symbol

Clockwork Sparrow

Shy Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:00 am
[Microwave Popcorn]

Ohh, that makes sense. smile I suppose I've never been in a salon that had separate people to shampoo. xd That's interesting. ^^

Hey, graphic design is neat though! I'm always impressed seeing what everyone can make! :3 Do you enjoy your classes?

Coffee is amazing! 3nodding Not to be dumb, but have you tried those coffee pots with the timer function thingy? That used to be the best $15 I ever spent. xd Set it the night before and wake up to a pot of that wonderful nectar.

Ahem.

Yay! /FeministHighFive

So how has your day been so far?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:40 am
Clockwork Sparrow

My classes are good.
I'm in Speech, Digital Manipulation, and Principles of Design.
So I'm being bombarded with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator work. Ha ha. whee

I do know about the timer pots. I was thinking about getting one but I just never have...
Sitting here thinking about it... I've been really dumb not to get one. Lol.
I'll have to invest in one soon. You said it was only $15? Was it a separate timer thing or he whole shabang?

For my day, It's been decent.
I wake up at 6:30am and hop on the train at 7:37am.
From 9am to 12pm I have class. I then walk to union station and get onto the 12:35pm train home.
I've been home for 40 minutes. It feels so nice to do work in my bed.
Now I'm just switching between Gaia and doing some Photoshop work. How about you? What's goin' on? wink

[Microwave Popcorn]

Conservative Sex Symbol

Clockwork Sparrow

Shy Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:04 pm
[Microwave Popcorn]

I'm glad to hear that. heart

Blegh...speech... Ahem. You're magnificent using Illustrator. I've watched people work in it and I'm just like, "Wow, I have no idea what you just did. So I'll just sit over here and keep saying 'wow'." That's impressive. 3nodding

Lol, it's easy enough to let things like that slip through the cracks while you're busy. 3nodding It was $15 when I got one last. Which, granted, was in a rural area and a couple years ago so they probably have risen in price. It was the entire coffee maker.

Still, though, I recommend them so much. There's nothing like rolling out of bed like a zombie waking up and knowing that, all you have to do, is pour it into a thermos. ...Not that I ever wake up late. *coughing fit* Okay...maybe sometimes.

Wow. You definitely need coffee. xd Go you! I can imagine it would be nice to do work in your bed. It's a comfy place to be. How's the Photoshop work going? What are you doing in it?

My day has been alright so far, all things considered. I woke up late, though, which is bad since I'm the "alarm" in the house. Getting everyone else up and out was hard at that point. xd

At the moment, I'm switching between Gaia, cleaning the kitchen, and watching some photography workshops. I'd be doing homework, but moving threw that off a little bit. So that won't happen until spring now.

Sorry, I talk a lot. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:18 pm
Clockwork Sparrow

I know! I watch my professors use it and I'm amazed! whee

Photoshop is alright. Kind of a love/hate relationship. Ha ha. Sometimes it's just a pain in the a**. I can't think of any specific examples but...things have gotten annoying. Ha ha.
Some of the projects I have had to do is basic retouching and compositing. Now we moved to Illustrator, I have to make a personal logo. It should be fun. 3nodding

I loooove photography. I took a film class in high school, super fun!

You moved? How come? Where? How are you adjusting?

Don't apologize for talking a lot! That's just silly.
Don't silence yourself.
wink

[Microwave Popcorn]

Conservative Sex Symbol

[Microwave Popcorn]

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:32 am
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:03 am
[Microwave Popcorn]

whee Good morning!

Ha! I think most people have a love/hate relationship with Photoshop. Sometimes it makes you just want to glare at it and mutter not very nice things under your breath. xd Do you have an idea for your personal logo? That sounds like a neat project!

Yay! Photography is wonderful! Although...I felt a little stupid when I was first starting out. sweatdrop For some reason, I didn't realize there was processing involved? *coughs* I mean, I knew there was a darkroom and I knew they did a lot of neat things - but I didn't realize how creative you could be with it. So that just blew my mind. xd

That's awesome that your high school had a film class! 3nodding

Yes, I moved. The area I was in was incredibly tiny and there were no opportunities. It was going to be pointless getting an education as long as I lived there. Our closest "big town" was 12,000 people which seemed huge compared to our tiny one of 167 people. I think I now have more than that in the suburbs I'm in. So, when my step-dad got a promotion out to Oklahoma, I followed. xd

I think I'm adjusting okay. It took a while.

Aww thank you. You might end up regretting saying that. wink I visited your tumblr, by the way. I like it. smile

How are you today?

Clockwork Sparrow

Shy Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Tycoon 200

[Microwave Popcorn]

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:31 am
Clockwork Sparrow

For my personal logo I think I might do a venus symbol and use the horizontal line as my name. That's all I got so far. My professor said to keep it simple.

Ha ha. Yeah. The bulk of the time is the process of developing it. gonk
We did some pretty cool manipulations in the dark room. Was super fun. Some of them were so simple too. Like for one, we had to draw on our developed photo with fixer. It turned out fancy.

Oh god, I would not be able to function in a town that small. Lol. I live in Oak Lawn which is a suburb of Chicago.
I'm not big on isolation. eek

I'm glad you like my Tumblr. I don't go on it much anymore, my boyfriend has kept it afloat. Ha ha.

As for today,
I found out that I don't have school, yay! So I'm getting my hair done by my mom later. Right now I'm at my boyfriends house eating breakfast.
Eggs and toast. Yum. whee
Have any plans for the day?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:29 am
[Microwave Popcorn]

That sounds cool! :O

Yeah. gonk Luckily, I met a few talented people that had an infinite amount of patience with me. I wasn't taking a class because there weren't any by me so I was trying to learn from books and practice. xd Those poor, poor people. I look back on that time and cringe.

Ooh that sounds really neat! :3 It sounds like that was a really fun class. Did you enjoy the darkroom?

Lol, I've actually been there! I have family up there! biggrin I'm the opposite way and, maybe, it's because I was home-schooled for a long time and it was such a small town. I, personally, tend to choose solitude over interacting with people.

I'm a little afraid of people. Don't tell them.

Ha, well that's awesome!

Yay for no school! It sounds like you have a good day planned. smile I pretty much just have chores on the list for today. I'm trying to get all the housework done so we have more time to go to the fair this weekend.

Clockwork Sparrow

Shy Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Tycoon 200
☆ Introductions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items