Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Recycle bin (Sound/Grass/Organization) [LOCKED]
Sage Mode - Discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:39 pm
▶ ▷ SAGE MODE ◁ ◀

So, I've decided it is time to have the input of the guild in-general with what you guys want to see with Sage Mode and what you have to say about what we have so far.

Gathering Natural Energy:

User builds natural chakra for ?????? posts, casting no jutsu, simply storing energy for ??????? posts. It is possible to gather energy behind barrier jutsu as well. this Natural Energy or NE is the resource used to cast Senjutsu instead of normal chakra. Once your NE is depleted, you exit sage mode. After ????? posts, you automatically exit sage mode and the remaining NE is lost.

Gathering can be interrupted by unnatural disturbance such as doton tremors/ massive thunderstorms/etc directly on top of the barrier. If interrupted during the gathering process a ninja will retain the energy they have already gathered, but will be locked for 2 posts form continuing to gather energy.

Perfect/Imperfect/Natural Energy System

1) ?????
        2) ?????
        2) Senjutsu used in Imperfect mode take 10 more NE to use than normal (Jutsu A costs 30 instead of 20). Users in this stage have not fully mastered control over natural energy, and are wasteful when using it and chakra to preform jutsu.
        3) If NE is used to summon, it costs half the normal chakra cost. If Summon A costs 100 chakra, it is only 50 NE

Imperfect:

Minor stat boost (+1/+1) for the duration
        Access to basic Senjutsu
        Appearance changes: Dark circles around eyes, etc
        Capped at 120 NE

Perfect:

Major Stat boost (+2/+2)
        Access to all Senjutsu. Once achieved for the first time, you can create 1 Senjutsu custom, specific to only your character
        Capped at 200 NE

????? are edits in progress or stuff you don't need to worry about  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:40 pm
reserved  

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

ZazuHelvii

Devoted Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:45 am
For the chakra gathering I would suggest a 1 to 1.5 ratio (rounded down to nearest such as 4 and 7) maxing out at 6 post = 9 post of power. That way people with sage mode are limited since according to the series Sage Art is an extremely powerful technique. Naruto using just this took down the majority of the Peins.

Of course there is the form of gathering which the old toad talked about. Connecting to the shoulder so they gathered while you fought. But that wouldn't be accessible to Jinchuuriki as Naruto has shown.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:02 pm
Hmmmm.....just my thoughts here......

Im going under the assumption that you h ave to be at a minimum of Jounin or A rank to begin with sage mode.

Imperfect sage mode

Gathering/Storing - Each post of gathering and storing the NE consume's one full post. Meaning you cannot gather NE and then blast fourth with it in the same post.

For every post that you store energy you receive 40 Ne. Meaning It would take three posts to reach the cap of 120. Though storing NE before going into battle is also acceptable.

Perfect sage mode

Gathering/Storing - In perfect mode i would suggest being able to store and use energy in the same post. When gathering energy since the cap is 200 i would reccomend each post purely for storing would result in a gain of 65 NE. Though if charge and use is the way the post goes then they can only gain 35 NE since the RPC's focus is split on gathering and attacking.

Sage mode time limit -

Impefect - 10 Posts

Perfect - 15 Posts

I would also love to see bigger and better technique's and usage's from the sage mode. It is safe to say i have a lot of hopes for the sage mode's. I'd love to see one specific sage mode per summon. As in Dog sage, Falcon sage, Wolf sage ETC.....Though i do want to see an elemental based sage mode for the Sage character class.I feel it would be justified to have a slightly less powered version for them as well.

-Kit  

Kit Joukai Heyaza

Greedy Lunatic

Sean_Nero_Desmond

Demonic Knight

3,950 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:07 am
So...

Cannonly, Sage Mode was an ability that was limited to people who could use summons. So... you should make your summons before you attempt to make the Sage Mode  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:35 pm
Question.

If I use sage mode chakra (natural energy) how is that different from using chakra from my chakra reserves in terms of effect on my offensive/defensive techniques? Are there specific side effects to being struck by natural energy other than the fact that you can't absorb it? I don't remember if that was every explored in the series but I feel it should be specifically addressed and explained how it is different from normal chakra at least in roleplay idk  

Xzaro

Lonely Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Timid 100

Xzaro

Lonely Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:54 pm
Decimo Inferni
So...

Cannonly, Sage Mode was an ability that was limited to people who could use summons. So... you should make your summons before you attempt to make the Sage Mode

I don't think that's necessarily true because Hashirama.

Although he did have a golem thing I don't remember if that was a summon or not  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:57 pm
Some ideas I got.

I remember being in sage mode allowed you to sense the enemy and your surroundings. Maybe that ability should be mentioned.

There was also the ability to use an invisible natural energy to surround your punches which could also be mentioned.  

Xzaro

Lonely Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Timid 100

[bounty hunter]

Divine Vampire

8,025 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:45 pm
you had sage mode stats when the summoning thread was open before the reboot.... i think that was suitable however minor tweeking and nerfing would also be appropriate seeing as the bloodlines and awakenings have also been slightly fluxed. Take your original sagemode and summoning stuff and build from it. Saves time and keeps you from having to do EVERYTHING from scratch.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:51 pm
Let's also keep in mind that Kabuto's dragon sage mode gave him similar nature sensing powers, but a high regenerative factor instead of Naruto's kumite senjutsu. So while nature sensing could definitely be a common theme in each sage mode, I would recommend giving each sage mode a different, specific power besides that. On top of that, summoning hierarchies that have less actual summons in them can also have a more fleshed out, versatile sage mode to make up for it. Or you can add more summons to it, either is fine.  

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300

Sean_Nero_Desmond

Demonic Knight

3,950 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:29 pm
Xzaro
Decimo Inferni
So...

Hashirama's ability was because of Wood Release.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:41 pm
Decimo Inferni
Xzaro
Decimo Inferni
So...

But it was classified as a sage mode nontheless

so I don't think sage mode means you need to have a summoning contract with something  

Xzaro

Lonely Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Timid 100

Sean_Nero_Desmond

Demonic Knight

3,950 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:49 pm
Xzaro
Decimo Inferni
Xzaro
Decimo Inferni
So...

so I don't think sage mode means you need to have a summoning contract with something

Sage Mode is the empowered state humans enter when they learn to draw natural energy inside them and blending it with their chakra. By doing so, the human creates new senjutsu chakra that allows them to enter Sage Mode. Sage Mode enhances the combat efficiency of the user by allowing them to tap into the natural force of the world that opens new techniques to the user and allows them to power up existing ones with the new senjutsu chakra.

Thus far, Sage Mode has been shown to be taught in two places: at Mount Myōboku by the toads, and Ryūchi Cave by the snakes. Learning Sage Mode at Mount Myōboku or Ryūchi Cave grants the user with a toad and snake-influenced Sage Mode respectively, which carries over the same advantages and disadvantages, only differing in application.

Hashirama's ability is an improved Wood Release that is considered an untrue Sage Mode because it relies upon his bloodline and the fact that he's a decedent of the Sage of Six Paths.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:58 pm
Decimo Inferni
Xzaro
Decimo Inferni
Xzaro
Decimo Inferni
So...

Sage Mode is the empowered state humans enter when they learn to draw natural energy inside them and blending it with their chakra. By doing so, the human creates new senjutsu chakra that allows them to enter Sage Mode. Sage Mode enhances the combat efficiency of the user by allowing them to tap into the natural force of the world that opens new techniques to the user and allows them to power up existing ones with the new senjutsu chakra.

Thus far, Sage Mode has been shown to be taught in two places: at Mount Myōboku by the toads, and Ryūchi Cave by the snakes. Learning Sage Mode at Mount Myōboku or Ryūchi Cave grants the user with a toad and snake-influenced Sage Mode respectively, which carries over the same advantages and disadvantages, only differing in application.

Hashirama's ability is an improved Wood Release that is considered an untrue Sage Mode because it relies upon his bloodline and the fact that he's a decedent of the Sage of Six Paths.

If you notice in that same wiki page Hashirama is listed under sage mode, and it's not imperfect. Being a Senju has nothing to do with it otherwise other Senju would have that ability and being a descendent of the SOSP's son doesn't grant sage mode either. Hashirama just trained himself to use natural energy, simple as that.  

Xzaro

Lonely Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Timid 100
Recycle bin (Sound/Grass/Organization) [LOCKED]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items