Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Wakefield Family Home Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:10 pm
User Image
User Image

Located on the outskirts of Little Hangleton, this little cottage once housed a majority of the Wakefield Family. It was built in 1988 by Jeptha and Brianne Wakefield, where they raised their five daughters, and hosted several of their grandchildren. The kitchen always smells of warm baking, and Nan is more than happy to cook you a full meal! Even though she lives alone, Brianne is determined to keep her home in perfect order.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:42 pm
User Image
Brianne "Nan" Wakefield

{Home}{Diagon Alley}{Shopping}{Out With Friends}{Visiting Family}

User Image
Tucker Wakefield

{Inside}{Outside}{In a Box}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:05 pm
~The house was built in 1988 by Jep and Anne, the latter part while Anne was pregnant with their first daughter.

~There are pictures of all the children, grandchildren, and even a few great grandchildren all around the house.

~The kitchen was redone in 2012 by an aging Jep for his wife, who had always aspired to be a baker.

~Between all the members of the family, there was only one boy for several years, leading Jep to tease about the lady genes.

~Milo was the only of Jep and Anne's grandchildren to be mostly raised with his grandparents. He was also the only one with no siblings.

~If you ask nicely, Anne will let you borrow her handwritten cookbook, which has tonnes more pictures throughout the pages.

~If you enter the home hungry, you won't leave without having warm food in your belly.

~Tucker likes boxes, and generally falls asleep in the weirdest locations.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:42 pm
Chelsea Wakefield

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blood Status: Pure
Emotions: Happy, though Pensive

Chelsea stood at the door to the house, looking at all of it that he could see from the porch. It looked like a nice house, a dark red on the outside, dark shingled roof, and white trim. Plenty of windows, he assumed there wouldn't be much lighting inside, since the natural lighting would be sufficient during the day and undoubtedly spells and such illuminated it during the night. At least that's how it was at his parent's home. Reaching toward the door, Chelsea knocked three times. He wondered if that would be enough. There was a button on the wall next to the door, but he didn't know what that was for. It looked rather interesting, but without knowledge of what it was, he didn't feel the need to press it. For all he knew it could apparate him inside the house, and that wouldn't be good since he hadn't been invited in. He stood there after knocking, shuffled slightly. He adjusted his gloves and collar, brushing his bangs in different ways. He was nervous, he wasn't really acquainted with this side of the family, but since he'd be attending Hogwarts, and he'd be closer to them than his parents. And he'd been told that he'd have to work on his social skills, and talking to his own family would help with that. "I hope that there aren't house elves..." He said, shuffling even more, and tightly gripping his right arm with his left hand.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:58 pm
User ImageUser Image

αspíríng вαkєrrєtírєd sєcrєtαrчwídσw

Brianne was in the kitchen, naturally, as it was a beautiful winter morning. She fed her cat a few treats as she mixed together a nice cookie dough. "What's the problem, Tuck? Not in the mood for tuna?" She pet the cat, before kissing his head. The woman went back to her cookies, before she heard a tapping at the door. Now, she wasn't expecting visitors, but with a family her size, it wasn't exactly unexpected. She washed her hands under the faucet, then hurried through the house. She stopped in front of the door to dust a bit of flour from her waist-apron, before she unlatched and opened the door. "Why hello there, Chelsea! What brings you all this way? Please, do come in!" She stepped out of the way, gesturing for him to enter. Tucker had wandered lazily into the room to sit on the couch and lick his paws, hoping for a bit of attention.

ιf вαкιиg ιѕ αиу ℓαвσя αт αℓℓ, ιт'ѕ α ℓαвσя σf ℓσνє;
α ℓσνє тнαт gєтѕ ραѕѕє∂ fяσм gєиєяαтισи тσ gєиєяαтισи.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:19 pm
Chelsea Wakefield

Emotions: Happy, at ease

Chelsea jumped a little bit when the door opened. He didn't exactly know why, he could see her coming through the glass parts of the door. "Hello Nan." Chelsea said, gripping his arm tighter for a second before letting go and walking in. He didn't want to seem too pensive, but he really couldn't help it much. "My parents said I should visit since I'll be attending Hogwarts when the next school year begins. I... I mean... I'd visit anyway since I'm nearby, but they said it'd be good to um... visit preliminarily?" He said, beginning to mutter near the end of his sentence. He wasn't quite sure how to explain it, he was there to tell her that he'd likely be visiting more often, especially during the holidays. It seemed like an odd thing to say, but while he thought about it it didn't seem all that hard. Looking around trying to snap himself out of his own thoughts, he noticed the cat on the couch. "Who is this?" Chelsea said, walking over to Tucker. Chelsea reached out a hand to pet Tucker, aiming to ruffle the hair behind one of his ears. "This is a really nice house, and a very pretty kitty." He said, starting out with his normal voice and ending with cute-sy talk aimed toward Tucker.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:20 pm
User ImageUser Image

Nan offered a gentle smile to the boy, glad to have him visit. He spoke of how he'd come to visit before he went to Hogwarts. "Well, dear, you're welcome here any time you wish. Do you want a snack?" She couldn't rightly remember if the boy had any allergies or preferences, but she was willing to make whatever he was hungry for. She watched the boy pet Tucker, and she smiled as he complemented her home. "Why thank you! It's not been changed much in the past several years, but it's always been homely. And that old thing there is Tucker. He's gentle and the nicest cat I could ask for." She grinned as the cat moved about, making the most of the pets, purring loud enough to be heard across the room. It was wonderful to have a guest, particularly this young soul.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

{OoC: Derp post, I apologize.}

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Chelsea Wakefield

Miss GryffindorK

{OOC: Meh, it's fine. =p My posts aren't much better since I'm still feeling out how Chelsea reacts to stuff.}

Chelsea looked up from tucker, now using both of his hands to pet the cat all over. He thought about a snack for a moment before his stomach grumbled slightly. "Yes please, whatever is easiest for you. I don't think I'm allergic to anything." He said, stopping his petting of Tucker to pat him on the head. "Do you need any um... Assistance with preparing the snacks? I could uh... help maybe?" Chelsea said, his pensiveness returning slightly now that he wasn't face with a cute cuddly cat and instead with another person. He went to nit picking his clothes against, shifting his gloves and cuffs, as well as wiping his vest off. There wasn't anything on it, it was just something he did nervously. "We could make something you'd like, I erm... I don't have any preferences." He said, trying to smile up at Nan, though the smile was odd since only one side of his mouth reacted, and the other remained normal.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:21 pm
User ImageUser Image

Nan smiled at the boy, turning toward the kitchen. "I was just about to put biscuits in the oven, if you don't mind waiting a few minutes." He asked if he could help, which brought a smile to the woman's face. "Of course, darling! You can cook if you want to! Anything in my kitchen is yours to use." She led him to the kitchen, then started measuring out her cookie dough onto a pan. "No, I don't have a preference. Make what you wish, just be careful. I'm here to help if you need." She set the cookie tray in the oven, then turned to watch the boy.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:41 pm
Chelsea Wakefield

Miss GryffindorK

{OOC:sorry for the introspection. >.< He just suddenly realized he was dropped off in the town, and without anything more than where the house was.}

Chelsea heaved a sigh of relief, she hadn't seemed bothered by his smile, he could tell his face looked weird, it felt weird. He stiffened at the thought of going into the kitchen, clutching his tie with his left hand tightly. He reached out a shaky hand to pet Tucker a bit before steeling his nerves. "Okay..." Chelsea said, following Nan hesitantly into the kitchen. He looked around, and heaved a heavier sigh of relief. There wasn't any indication that house elves were here. He was beyond thankful, those things were terrifying. He looked around the kitchen, thinking about where things would be kept. "Umm... What kind of tea would you like?" Chelsea asked, looking on as Nan put the cookies in the oven. He didn't want to cook anything because he wasn't entirely sure what was there. Maybe he could go to the store and get some things to cook with later? He wasn't sure. Actually, now that he thought about it, his parents hadn't told him when he was going home, or if he was there to stay until his school year started. Chelsea began fidgeting worse than before, adjusting his gloves, his cuffs, even his tie multiple times. He bit his lower lip, contemplating how he'd explain the lack of information on how long he'd be there. His parents normally didn't do this, were they trying to prepare him for something? Father always said a lot of things in life were uncertain, was this related somehow? Chelsea looked from the floor to Nan and back again, opening his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He didn't know what to say. For all his knowledge as an eleven year old, he couldn't vocalize this thought out of embarrassment.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:13 pm
User ImageUser Image

Nan glanced over at her tea shelf, which had small jars with all sorts of loose-leaf teas. "I usually prefer a nice Chamomile, but I wouldn't mind Earl Grey." She smiled, noticing the picture of herself, her Jep, and young Milo beside the tea trolley. She noticed the boy looking nervous, so she fetched her tea kettle. "Chelsea, dear? You don't have to be worried! I'm not going to bite. Make yourself some tea and talk with your Nan. What's the matter?" She leaned against the counter, gentle blue eyes showcasing her years as a mother and grandma. Hopefully, the boy would be open enough to talk.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:45 pm
Chelsea Wakefield

Miss GryffindorK

{OOC:}

Chelsea looked at Nan, and then back at the ground before speaking. "My parents didn't tell me how long I'd be here..." He muttered, raising one of his feet and putting his toe to the ground, he seemed to freeze in place, seemingly like he wanted to do something but he couldn't bring himself to do it, then put his foot back flat on the ground. He couldn't grind the toe of his foot on the ground in embarrassment, it might scuff the floor in this nice house, which was something he didn't want to do. "I'm sorry..." He said, more audible this time. He really didn't want to be a bother, but he didn't know how to get a hold of his parents. At home they had magical ways to get in touch with his parents if he needed something, but he didn't know if there were ways here. He walked over the the tea shelf, loosening his grip on his tie to grab the chamomile. He noticed the picture and pointed at it, more so to the young Milo. "Is that cousin Milo?" He asked, he'd only seen Milo once, and had never talked to him, but he knew Milo was pretty much the only other male in the family. He opened the jar, and put it on the counter next to the tea kettle. He got a glass and put it under the faucet, getting the water in it and pouring it into the kettle until it had enough water for the both of them to enjoy a couple cups of tea. Then he put three scoops into the pot, the perfect number, since it was one for Nan, one for him, and one for the pot. He stood there staring at the pot, seemingly like he was waiting for something to happen. "When will we know when it is done?" He asked, looking up at Nan, who he'd just realized he'd stopped standing next to. He froze in place, clutching the edge of the counter, a squeak caught in his throat, no sound escaping.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

The woman listened to Chelsea's words, then offered a grin. "You are more than welcome to stay here. I should have some of Milo's old clothes from when he was about your age that you should be able to fit. If nothing else, I could call him over and have him bring you some clothes." She checked the cookies, then looked over when the boy addressed a picture. "Yes, that sure is Milo. I believe that was the summer prior to his first year at Hogwarts. He's now double that age, if you'd believe it." She opened up a photo album, pointing out a few more pictures of young Milo, that hopefully would help Chelsea adapt. "We will know it's ready when the kettle whistles. It's not hard to make tea, dear, but if you need help learning, I'd be glad to teach you. I can always help you learn to cook as well, since I'm used to making meals for several people at once." She offered another smile, wondering what was on the boy's mind.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:26 pm
Chelsea Wakefield

Emotions: Finally getting used to Nan

Miss GryffindorK

{OOC:}

Chelsea looked at the pictures that Nan was showing him, his fingers loosening on the edge of the counter, each one coming up and falling as the other did the same, making a wave like motion. "He looks different from when I saw him." He said, looking at the pictures as Milo got progressively older. "If they plan on me staying here, my parents should drop off clothing, it's the least they could do since they didn't tell me how long I'd be here." Chelsea said in a pouting manner. A thought occurred to Chelsea, and his eyes widened. He pulled a pouch of galleons out of his pocket and showed it to Nan. "I think this is what my father gave me the money for." He said, looking up at Nan for a yes or no. Chelsea wasn't entirely sure, this was pretty much the first time he'd been left alone. "Um... Is this enough for clothes, and what I'll need to start at Hogwarts?" He said, looking at the pouch. He didn't know what was in it, but he hoped it was enough. He knew how the money worked, but he didn't know how much the stuff he'd need to start the year would cost. "Oh. Our Kettle just pours our tea for us." He said in response to Nan telling him the kettle would whistle. He didn't know, but the kettle at his house was enchanted because of his fear of house elves who would have done it otherwise. "If I am supposed to stay here... Can I help cook supper?" Chelsea said, almost a little excited. He'd never gotten to actually prepare a meal, normally the help did that.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:47 am
User ImageUser Image

Nan nodded when Chelsea mentioned the differences in Milo's look. "Well, to be fair, it's been a while since you've seen him." He spoke about dropping off clothing, then he offered out a bag of money. "Perhaps, yes. I'll send out a message to your father and ask, dear. If you do stay until school, that should be more than enough money to purchase all your stuff." She started putting pictures away, pausing when she saw one with Jeptha in it. It made her both happy and sad, but she packed it in the book just the same. She chuckled about the boy's enchanted kettle, then lifted hers as it started a shrill whistle. She poured two glasses, then handed one to Chelsea before sipping hers. "For mine, you have to lift. You want to make dinner? Sure, we'll cook together and make something wonderful. How does that sound?" She remembered the last time there was an eleven year old in the kitchen alone, and it didn't end very well. If he wanted to cook alone, she'd just have to stay and monitor the situation, just in case.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas