Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Herbology III (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:06 am
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:09 am
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏꜰ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. He wanted to get the lesson started early, considering that there was really nothing he viewed as needing to be reviewed. Then again, he also figured if students needed a refresher or assistance, they could easily find him in Hogsmeade or his office. He wasn't that far away, after all. To one side, there was a pot with a strange, broad-leafed plant nestled within. There were pots located on the tables for the students, and Jason waited until they were all seated before starting his lesson.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back. As I assume that we do not need a refresher from last year, we are going on into this year's subject matters. After this year, you shall go on to the upper Herbology classes, and I assume that you will have at least mastered the basics of the course. If you have not, then you need to schedule a time with me during the week I am at the school to get assistance. As you will be going to Hogsmeade this year, I expect you will find me at my shop during those weekends. You may also request assistance there, however, I will advise you that some of the plants there are more advanced than your current experience. If you wish to get extra house points, I challenge you to come there and ask for instruction in more advanced plants. I will not turn away students that wish to enrich their learning in that fashion. I will not accept incompetence or assumptions that you do not care about this subject matter. On the contrary, I will be most displeased if any of you manage to get below an Acceptable on your OWLs. Whether you like the class, or me as an instructor is of no consequence. The simple fact remains that you should strive to do your level best in the course, and strive to at least pass this course in your OWLs. After that, should you decide to continue Herbology is up to you. I will state that it is a distinct pleasure to watch something you have cultivated and assisted grow. However, your opinions on the subject may vary, and are of little consequence to me."

The werewolf ended his lecture on that subject with a gesture at the plant to his side. "Now, if you would care to take a look at the plant beside me, you will notice this seems like an ordinary weed. However, I wish to correct you on that assumption. This plant is known as a Puffapod. Puffapods are an annual plant that are a common sight in many wizarding gardens. They are most particular in that their pods, when they make contact with a solid object, burst into bloom. They are the only species of plant known to start their lives out as a flower before they become the plants you see before you now. After they bloom, the remainder of their lifespan is spent germinating new pods. These pods, when used in potions, are highly useful as a fast-acting agent to speed up the brewing process." He looked around the class before continuing. "For the rest of your time today, I would like for you to each plant a Puffapod pod and bury it before it blooms. This process is particularly tricky with the plant's propensity to spontaneously burst, so extra care must be taken in handling your pods. You must be gentle with the plants, as jostling them may invite a premature burst. I will of course monitor your progress, and should you require assistance or need a new pod, you may raise your hand for it."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: New year, same students...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:35 pm
User Image
                                                        Well I thought I knew you, thinkin' that you were true. Guess I couldn't trust, called your bluff.
                                                        Time is up 'cause I've had enough. You were there by my side, always down for the ride,
                                                        But your joy ride just came down in flames 'cause your greed sold me out in shame.

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔠𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬 𝔏𝔲𝔠𝔞 𝔉𝔦𝔬𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦
                                                        Ravenclaw / Third Year / Halfblood

After all of the stealing and cheating you probably think that I hold resentment for you,
                                                        But, oh no, you're wrong. 'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do, I wouldn't know,
                                                        Just how capable I am to pull through, so I wanna say thank you.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Marcello hurried into the greenhouse, falling into closest the seat. "Of course this is our first class of the day," he whispered to himself Professor Hill started his lecture. Marcello wasn't good at this class, but knew he had to at least try his best, if he was ever going to go anywhere in the Ministry in the future. Most Ministry worked required a NEWT in Herbology, or at least the jobs he was thinking about. Of course, he was also thirteen years old, and really didn't need to be thinking about these things. As for the class being the first of the day, Marcel knew Professor Hill was grumpy, and figured that having class at eight in the morning probably made him even grumpier. Lucky for them.

Marcello scribbled down some basic notes, deciding he would go into further detail later when he was alone, then gathered his materials. He put on his gloves, looking the plant over before carefully plucking one of the pods from it. He held it with caution, using his fingertips to balance it as he slowly carried it over to his pot. Setting the pod down, holding his breath, Marcello didn't dare make any risky moves. Once the pod was placed in the soil, Marcel carefully covered it with dirt, sprinkling it in the pot instead of dumping in a bunch at once. He also didn't pat down the dirt, afraid at the pod would burst from the force. Instead, he finished up by watering the pod a little, hoping that would compact the soil just enough for it to be okay.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

'Cause it makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder.
                                                        It makes me that much wiser, so thanks for making me a fighter.
                                                        Made me learn a little bit faster, made my skin a little bit thicker.
                                                        Makes me that much smarter, so thanks for making me a fighter.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:27 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Jason crossed his arms as he leaned up against the table behind him, waiting for students to file into the classroom. On the table, as well as other tables in the classroom, was a pot with a plant inside. The plant had several leaves shooting up from its base, while a couple of black stems grew from its base, a white flower crowning each. The plant itself was with several others of its kind in the pot, and looked to be thriving.

As the last of the students filed in., Jason gave his customary wave of his wand and the doors closed and locked behind them. He then stood straight as he observed the class.
                                                      "Welcome back to class. Last lesson we did a unit on Puffapods, while this lesson we will focus on another plant with magical properties. More specifically, very powerful magical properties that involve removing dark enchantments. Ironically, this plant is found in muggle mythology as something that helped an ancient Greek hero overcome a dark witch's enchantments. I am of course referring to the tale of Odysseus and his encounter with Circe, and the plant known as Moly. This plant was lost to muggle knowledge, however that is due more to the efforts of hiding its existence since the Statute of Secrecy was put into place.

"Moly is a plant that when you've consumed its flower, counteracts a wide variety of enchantments. This ability makes it invaluable in not only treating people afflicted, but also in potion making. It is useful in numerous potions, most notably in the Wiggenweld potion. Its bulb and leaves are completely useless, however the stems and flowers of the plant are used. Because of its versatility, it is highly valuable."

The werewolf gestured to the plants before the students. "For your assignment today, we are going to trim, separate, and repot these molys. As always, two to a pot. You are to trim the flowers and stems off of these plants, and then come up here for a few pots. Then your task is to separate the plants into their own pots and fertilize them. Please also look at the condition and size of each moly you handle. If it seems sickly, please separate it from the others and place it off to the side for me to care for. Any immature plants, as in, small and without their flowers and stems are to remain in the first pot to be allowed to mature. If you do not know how to do this simple task, then you have not been paying attention to class. You will please refrain from touching the plants and instead observe the other students doing their tasks." He then settled back to observe the class, on occasion standing and walking amongst the students as they worked.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: There shouldn't be incompetents in this class...
                                                      OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:50 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:52 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. He wanted to get the lesson started early, considering that there was really nothing he viewed as needing to be reviewed. Then again, he also figured if students needed a refresher or assistance, they could easily find him in Hogsmeade or his office. He wasn't that far away, after all. To one side, there was a pot with a strange, broad-leafed plant nestled within. There were pots located on the tables for the students, and Jason waited until they were all seated before starting his lesson.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back. As I assume that we do not need a refresher from last year, we are going on into this year's subject matters. After this year, you shall go on to the upper Herbology classes, and I assume that you will have at least mastered the basics of the course. If you have not, then you need to schedule a time with me during the week I am at the school to get assistance. As you will be going to Hogsmeade this year, I expect you will find me at my shop during those weekends. You may also request assistance there, however, I will advise you that some of the plants there are more advanced than your current experience. If you wish to get extra house points, I challenge you to come there and ask for instruction in more advanced plants. I will not turn away students that wish to enrich their learning in that fashion. I will not accept incompetence or assumptions that you do not care about this subject matter. On the contrary, I will be most displeased if any of you manage to get below an Acceptable on your OWLs. Whether you like the class, or me as an instructor is of no consequence. The simple fact remains that you should strive to do your level best in the course, and strive to at least pass this course in your OWLs. After that, should you decide to continue Herbology is up to you. I will state that it is a distinct pleasure to watch something you have cultivated and assisted grow. However, your opinions on the subject may vary, and are of little consequence to me."

The werewolf ended his lecture on that subject with a gesture at the plant to his side. "Now, if you would care to take a look at the plant beside me, you will notice this seems like an ordinary weed. However, I wish to correct you on that assumption. This plant is known as a Puffapod. Puffapods are an annual plant that are a common sight in many wizarding gardens. They are most particular in that their pods, when they make contact with a solid object, burst into bloom. They are the only species of plant known to start their lives out as a flower before they become the plants you see before you now. After they bloom, the remainder of their lifespan is spent germinating new pods. These pods, when used in potions, are highly useful as a fast-acting agent to speed up the brewing process." He looked around the class before continuing. "For the rest of your time today, I would like for you to each plant a Puffapod pod and bury it before it blooms. This process is particularly tricky with the plant's propensity to spontaneously burst, so extra care must be taken in handling your pods. You must be gentle with the plants, as jostling them may invite a premature burst. I will of course monitor your progress, and should you require assistance or need a new pod, you may raise your hand for it."

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:09 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:10 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:54 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:55 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:27 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle

Herbology was not one of Katya's favourite classes, nor was Professor Hill her favourite teacher, however, she realized now she needed both his class and him if she wanted to be a Potioneer. Though she still found him to be a scary individual, she was pretty sure he wouldn't murder her out of hand ... maybe. She took note of the fact that he had a shop in Hogsmeade, a willingness to help those whom sought him out, and there was an offer of House points on the table.

Katya had already been studying up on the Puffapod in her books, but she still paid close attention to Professor Hill's lecture on the subject and took down notes as he spoke. When the time came, Katya immediately set to work, preparing a fresh pot, loading it with a soil mixture, and making a hole deep enough to accommodate one of the pods, and then made it a little deeper, just to have a margin of safety. With the degree of care she'd use with a souffle fresh from the oven, the little Hufflepuff gently collected a pod and slowly and carefully transported it back to her pot. Scarcely daring to breathe, she lowered the pod into the hole she'd prepared, before covering it over.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
                  Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
                  Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
                  And trouble haunts my mind
                  But I know the present will not last
                  And tomorrow will be kinder

Tomorrow will be kinder
                  It's true, I've seen it before
                  A brighter day is coming my way"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:48 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:49 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:48 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageThird Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." ▬▬

Vespera was joyous as it was time for herbology, she had worked with her om several times this summer in planting more magical plants in their garden, since she couldn't actually do magic at home. She wrote down the lecture diligently, making sure she would be able to repeat it if asked, she needed to be good at at least on class this year. She started with making a spot to burry her puffapod. She carefully went over and retrieved the pod, trying to not jostle it, or fall on her face. Somehow, she managed to get to her place without falling, and she carefully sat the pod into the whole and covered it (as quickly and gently as she could without making a mess) the plant burst at that point, throwing a bit of dirt everywhere near her. Oh well, at least it was in the plot and covered? She raised her hand, "Is this acceptable, or should I try again?" She didn't mind this work, she would plant a hundred of these plants today if she could.

▬▬ "Even if that walk happens at three in the morning with your best friends." ▬▬

Where: Class
With Whom: Third Years
Vespera Description: Short 4'5", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: School Robes
OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Diamond Wales