Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Plotting
American siblings looking for friends!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Beast and Harlot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:00 am

I have two Americans who could really use some friends!
They just moved to England during the summer,
and they don't really have much to do otherwise.
Both could use a love interest, a friend, or an enemy.

I have...The Addario Family

Lucy, 23, works in the Spirit Division's Poltergeist Unit. She's rather eccentric, she speaks her mind and has an affinity for all things "old school." She's like a pandora's box of oxymoron's. But she knows how to have fun and she can hold her liquor.

Leon, 20, he's unemployed. He has more of a poetic soul; the brooding type, to people who don't know him. He's really active though, likes to do sports. Doesn't do well with responsibilities or authority figures, either. A smoker and a drinker, he likes to break rules.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:20 am
Funny, I have my Americans... the Dechering Sisters (and their younger cousin who actually works in the Poltergeist unit, who is actually Québécoise and moved to England during the summer). They always are overdo to be dragged out. Christina (or Chrissy) and Sophie have lived outside of Hogsmeade for three summers now.

Professor Christina Anna Dechering, 24/25, Healing Professor at Hogwarts, lives outside of Hogsmeade, is a metamorphagus. She tends to be rather serious about her work and healing, however, in her personal life she tends to be the complete opposite and somewhat reckless. All in all, though, she is easily bored and likes to stay busy. She likes to garden, is fairly athletic, enjoys quidditch, and adventure novels and Mark Twain's works. She also enjoys no-strings-attached dating until the person bores her.

Sophie Taylor Dechering, 23, Cashier at the Magic Neep, is a werewolf with no pack affiliation (officially registered with the ministry but doesn't exactly mention it). Lives with her sister outside of Hogsmeade. Avoids dating like the plague but can hold her liquor and tends to drink a lot. Enjoys potion making and gardening. Tends to be fairly quiet and somewhat shy but does have a temper if provoked.

Vivienne Haylee Fleury, 19, Québécoise (From Quebec, Canada), Polterigest Unit Member, Bi-lingual and speaks French and English equally as fluently. She used to be more quiet but after a very public break-up with a Canadian Quiditch Team Player (which she sold to the tabloids for money), she end up moving to the United Kingdom to start over and lives with her older first cousins (whom she has just met). She loves ghost stories, to dress flashy, bright colors, and pranks.

*Note: The Dechering Sisters are from Northern Georgia and claim they are Christian (at least they grew up going to church regularly) but they say they 'pick and chose' when it comes to what religious doctrines they follow or not. Also, their father was a werewolf.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Beast and Harlot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:56 am
mc2

Oh sweet, well that works, doesn't it? =)
Maybe Vivienne and Lucy can meet at the office or go on a lunch break somewhere to get better acquainted outside of work.

It's actually funny that you mention it--the werewolf thing--I was thinking about having Leon work in the Werewolf Capture Unit to eventually become bitten by a werewolf, if possible.
(I understand there's a guild membership time requirement and special permission seeking process?)
But, if in the end it all does work out, it might be interesting if he met and befriended Sophie beforehand?
And finding out afterwards/having someone who understands would always be an interesting revelation, no?

--But, that'll depend on if he can be bitten or not, I guess. I just thought I'd bring it up.
Although, even if he can't and he gets in that field of work, it could still prove to be an interesting dynamic.

(Oh, also, they grew up in Detroit, Michigan.
Integrated into muggle society well, they went to church-- him more than her--
and are only vaguely aware of their disowned status from their pureblood side of the family.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:52 pm
The Beast and Harlot

Dia is the expert on all things werewolves but yes, I know there is time requirement and request to become one and which werewolf one can be bitten by. But Dia would be the one who knows all the details on that. 3nodding

As for Vivienne and Lucy considering they are both technically foreigners who started in the department at about the same time I think it would be inevitable that the two would get to know each other at least a little bit fairly quickly just through work alone. A lunch break somewhere sounds like probably one of the best ways for those two to end up getting to know each other better and hanging out (and the most logical).

And for Leon, I see that he was sorted into the Chameleon dorms as Chrissy was so she was his upperclassman for at least a year. So it is possible they at least knew of each other since for at least a year they were in the same house and at the school at the same time (even though different years).

And considering Chrissy is constantly trying to get Sophie to mingle more (though she does go out to make sure Vivienne doesn't get into too much trouble now-since they are family), Sophie could easily be pushed to spending time with Lucy and/or Leon. Especially since Vivienne would know Lucy from work at least a little.

Also if Leon ever did end up as a werewolf, Sophie is pretty good at wolfsbane potion by this point in her life. And, both Sophie and Chrissy know a fair deal about werewolves considering they grew up with one. And if Leon had an interest in werewolves it is possible for him to pick up on Sophie's condition. And she is registered with the ministry so if he began to work in a department dealing with werewolves it is always possible he would run into her file which could cause some awkwardness, especially if Leon already knew Sophie at that point.

Anyways, Lucy and Leon sound very much like the Michignader version of the Dechering sister's Georgian upbringing. Any ideas on how or who you want to meet up with let me know. They all are available more or less (though Chrissy is up at Hogwarts teaching at the moment since the Hogwarts school year has started).  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:46 pm
I have one American who attended Salem, Kenneth Holt, who is currently 23. He's actually Sophie's boss XD

Was a Lynx at Salem, originally from Tennessee, he's basically a Southern gentleman with a teeny bit of a temper.

He's a pretty easy-going guy, taken romantically but he desperately needs friends. He's particularly fond of anyone who will let him cook for them, especially if they are inclined to let him deep fry it. Or barbecue. Honestly he just wants to manage to befriend enough people that he can invite them over to his huge-arse house and take them all in the backyard and grill.

Also in that age group, I have Damien Edgeworth and Adalaide Blythe Whitethorne (not technically married yet but probably will be before we would manage to arrange a meeting), both 20, graduated from Hogwarts. Damien's from an old pureblood family so sometimes he's sort of high-strung but all in all he's a good guy. Adalaide's a lot more easy-going most of the time, but she just had twins so she tends to be tired and spend a lot of time at home... Honestly neither of them get out very much but it'd probably do them some good to do so. They both work in Hogsmeade and eat together at The Three Broomsticks most days. Both are currently engaged (though like I said, Ada's wedding is going to start here in the next week or so).

The Beast and Harlot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:18 am
mc2
Cara MiaKitty

RE: mc2

You prove a good point; it's safe to say that Vivi and Lucy would at least know each other a little. Would you rather 'start from scratch', so to say? Pretty much do their introductory scene (minus the name exchange) and go from there? And, yeah, somewhere in Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley for a lunch break sounds like a good place to start. Hogs Head, maybe? On the other hand, we could PM back and forth a bit to establish a foundation? See if they got along at work, (or not?) Maybe run through a few scenarios of work related stuff to see how they would react to it, react to each other, and work together.? Up to you.

*Side note: could Lucy recognize Vivienne as the girl who dated the nameless hottie Canadian quidditch player? I would imagine living so close to Canada, in Michigan, she might have had the pleasure to read or hear about the gossip.

And, hmmm, for Chrissy to try to set up Sophie with Leon and/or Lucy-- then the Decherings would have to know that the Addarios are in town. And I can't really see a way of that happening without Vivi going into detail over her boss? Or one accidentally running into the other somehow, or, one of mine tracking down one of yours to wind up on their doorstep for some reason. So.. maybe a group outing then, inspired by Lucy and Vivi?

Or, actually, if Sophie works for Kenneth-- then Leon could show up at the Magic Neep to meet them both together?

Since Sophie and Kenneth are both 23, then they (and Lucy, actually) would all have been in the same former at Salem. They may not know each other, but hell, they should know each others names and faces at least, right?

RE: Cara MiaKitty

So, like I mentioned to mc2; if all three, (Lucy, Sophie, Kenneth) are all the same age, they were in the same former and likely taking most of the same classes throughout their years at Salem. So, there's a good chance they already know of each other. If not, know each other rather well. (And maybe their siblings: Leon, Chrissy.)

So, I was thinking I could send Leon to the Magic Neep to run into Sophie, it would be great if Kenneth was there too. They could all reminisce over Salem and get to know each other. Maybe make plans later to hang out, or get drinks?

I'm not really sure which of my characters could meet or get along well with Damien or Adalaide. Especially since you say Ada has twins and is going to get married. She seems like she has quite a bit on her plate already. Damien, on the other hand, well there's no such thing as too many friends, right?

Leon could use another male friend, especially one his age that could explain all of the random British colloqualisms. "No, that wasn't an insult-- a f** means cigarette--"

I think Leon and Damien might have a good chance to get along. Damien is serious, and Leon can be too. He's very passionate about trying to help people, about equality and such. Although it doesn't seem Damien has much interest in such, it could be an interesting turn of events if they befriend and eventually enlist him to help with "Charity Drives" or "Fundraising Galas"? Entirely up to you, of course.

It's always more difficult to try and plan a friendship between two heterosexual males. There's just no such thing as walking up and being like, "hey, lets be friends?" It's usually more of, "oh look, this is the fifth time I've seen them here at the (gym, ball park, arena, gambling room) maybe they'll play a round of (poker, pool, darts, basketball) with me?"

But Damien doesn't seem like the type to be interested in-- any of that. Sports, gambling, drinking, manly stuff. He seems the intellectual type. So, maybe they could meet at a coffee shop (only one table/seat left,) or at a bookstore? Hm, but the more I think about it the more it sounds like it would be forced if it was anything other than "that's my book" "oh here you go." "..."

X'D

Am I crazy for thinking that? I don't know. I would really like for Leon to have more male friends. Maybe you can think of something better??

The Beast and Harlot

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:01 am
Might as well throw Ruth out here.

She works with both Kenneth and Sophie in Hogsmeade as the lone Scot of the group. She's also a pureblood squib coming from a huge family mostly comprised of witches and wizards, and she's a little touchy about it, though she's gotten less defensive about the whole thing, since she's in near constant contact with magical folk now, especially students from Hogwarts. Ruth's an orphan- her parents died in a muggle plane crash when she pretty young. I think she's 22 now, and she's very well versed in things like muggle technology, especially when it comes to computers and phones and video games- she went to university for computer programming, I'm pretty sure, she can come off as very rude, very sarcastic, and almost smug at times, especially when it comes to stuff that she's actually good at, and it takes her a while to warm up to people and start to respect them. Usually described as "prickly", but she's got a good heart and generally will help someone out if they need it. She's super athletic; she especially loves running, and she grew up on a pretty big plot of land in the countryside, so she's used to just going outside to be alone. She has a Scottish deerhound for a pet, named Tam, who's basically a giant softie, until he sees a rabbit or fox and bolts after it. She likes movies, and will geek out about them, and she's pretty handy at taking things apart and putting them back together. She's not always comfortable in large groups of people, and she's used to feeling like she doesn't fit in, and she's not really one to hold her tongue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:55 pm
Soo...I gave Wyatt, who's alsoalso from America (California actually) and the Salem's Institute
He was a Chameleon and he owns Quality Quidditch Supplies in Diagon but he doesn't go into Hogsmeade often.
Not unless he's dragged there 8'D
He's very nice but he has a crunchy outer coating so it takes a while to get to his nice center and he can be sort of a grouch because he has persistent knee pain because of an injury he had in a quidditch match where a bludger pretty much shattered the bone. But he can walk most of the time without a cane or crutch and he drives a motorcycle! He has two younger brothers who go to Hogwarts so...I don't really see him going to Hogsmeade to vist them thought x'D  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:32 pm
Why is it taking a random new person to get all the TMN employees to hang out? For serious. I'm like 90% sure Kenneth has tried to socialize with the girls in the past and been unsuccessful because they're both so solitary and broody. And YUKI WE STILL HAVEN'T SHOVED KENNETH AND WYATT AT EACH OTHER WHYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Anyway.

I always reasoned that the reason Kenneth and Sophie didn't really know one another well was because they were in different formers and probably ran in different social circles (or, Kenneth ran in one and Sophie kept to herself...?) BUT, that's no reason that he wouldn't know Lucy. And he's really social and friendly and sort of desperate for people to hang out with other than his girlfriend. She's pretty much the only friend he's made since moving to the UK. So. Sending someone into the shop and just happening to recognize someone else works for me.

Damien's another one that needs friends. His social circle is comprised of his best friend Dominic, his fiancee Marina, Ada, and the a hoard of Hufflepuff's he's only friends with because Mari and Ada are friends with them. He is the intellectual sort, but he does like to drink and needs someone to drink with who, erm, isn't Dominic. Not that he doesn't love his best friend and all, but the guy's a menace. I really feel like Damien needs friends who aren't utterly insane, as right now he has, um. None. Except his fiancee. But, it wouldn't be completely impossible for the two of them to meet at a bar if Leon's the sort to go to one. I'd say you should worry about Leon getting stuck with the rest of his friends, but, if you're opposed to tossing him into that insanity, I totally understand, and anyway it wouldn't be completely unlikely for Damien to try and keep Leon to himself and not introduce him to anyone but Mari.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:54 pm
The Beast and Harlot

Well Vivienne and Lucy could always chat directly in their unit's office: here during break or something. And considering guild timeline the two have been working in the office for at least a few weeks now. So at least they should know each other's names and faces. And obviously that neither are British like most of the people around them. (And it is up to you whether you want Lucy to recognize Vivienne or not from the tabloids-though she did stick with Canadian centered tabloids as they paid the most).

-------------
Cara MiaKitty

Anyways, Mia is so right, why haven't we had the Magic Neep employees hang out more? You know Kenneth could just force a night out on the town on those two antisocial ones since he is their boss. xd  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Beast and Harlot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:23 am
The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101

Synopsis

- Will be posting Leon and possibly Lucy at the Magic Neep.
- Will be posting Lucy at the Poltergeist Unit office.
- Will be posting Leon at Quality Supplies pending reply from Yukina.

RE: Forgotten Weasley

Ooh, I think Ruth is just the type of friend Lucy's always been looking for. Someone just slightly spiteful and a bit vindictive and all kinds of rude, sarcastic, and loner-esque. She doesn't have a pet, but she walks her brother's dog a lot, a doberman pinscher named Al Poochino.

I think Leon, if they ever interacted, would probably get on her nerves more than anything. But that could be just as much fun, too. He's a lot more, emotionally involved, than most people. And likes to help people, especially when they really don't need his help. Whichever one is more interesting to get together is fine with me, but at the moment, I think I'm going to be sending Leon to the Magic Neep at the moment, but I might send his sister with him too.

RE: Yukina101

Ooo, well, Leon was in the Chameleon dorm, and he's only a few years younger than Wyatt, so they probably know of each other already. None of my characters really work or live at Hogsmeade, so that's not really a problem. They live in Oxfordshire, actually. But Leon doesn't have a job, so he'll be exploring the wizarding world a lot. I imagine he might stop by QQS at some point to get a new broom, or check out the latest models. If he ever saw Wyatt's motorcycle though, he'd probably freak out and want one for himself. Leon's used to an off-putting personality, his sister and his cousin are both rather sour, so it wouldn't bother him any. xD

RE: Cara MiaKitty

Lmao. Okay, so you can definitely expect at least one of my characters to go to the Magic Neep, if not both.

And I'm not opposed to throwing Leon at any kind of insanity that's offered. xD He's such a bored little thing, but I think it would be nice for him to slow down for a minute and actually soak up some form of intellectual conversation. And, Leon does love to drink. Where would they meet each other at? A pub and bar? I suppose? Is there any one in particular that Damien frequents?

RE: mc2

Oooh, you're right, good point. I think I will post Lucy at the office, probably about to go on a break or something? Maybe she'll ask Vivi to join her? And I probably will have her recognize the tabloid thing, I think it'd be interesting. Give them an extra little something to talk about instead of just work, which I guess we would be making up mostly anyway, considering. Lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:49 pm
Alessandra La Russa

I'm not sure if your still looking but I have Alessandra La Russa. She's bit of a newbie here. Still looking friends for her to.  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces