Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
The Ancient and Honourable House of Grey ~ Accepted (NCR)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:47 pm
The Ancient and Honourable House of Grey

Chronicler’s Notes:

The House of Grey is a very old and venerable family line, whose bloodline can be traced to the times before the Roman Empire occupied Britain. Their traditional family seat is the Grey Priory, located outside the town of Tremere in Waterford County, Ireland. Many members of the family were born in this house, and a fair number have reputedly breathed their last there as well. The house is reputedly the haunt of a number of family ghosts, and members of the family whom were raised there have gone on to be noted experts in ghosts and other similar phenomena. It is also a matter of pride the family has produced a long line of witches and wizards, and considered a Wizarding Family.

During the time of the Great Potato Famine, part of the Grey family emigrated to England, and established a new Wizarding bloodline (and seen as mere upstarts by many older British Pureblood families). The British Greys have produced many fine witches and wizards over the last couple of centuries, some of whom have been members of the Order of the Golden Dawn, the Hermetic Order, and Wizengamut.

As an aside, there have been many stories circulated about the Grey Family having had close interaction with fey beings, specifically a sharing of their bloodline. After years of copious research, I have found no evidence to support these claims of otherworldly intermingling of the family's vitae, beyond the apocryphal and anecdotal. Anyone whose claims suggests otherwise should be viewed with suspicion, or a healthy amount of doubt.

Known Members of the House of Grey (as of 2062)

Mother Grey: Daughter of Maeve, mother of Connor, Livinia Grey and Nigellia Farrell-Grey. She is known as being 'The Grey of the House of Grey, Hereditary Chieftain of the Clan and the Extended Family', as well being Dame Lady Grey, and she is the family matriarch. As The Grey, she is the keeper of the family history, and holds the titles to their lands. A Pureblood witch of indeterminate age, she lives in a cottage not far from the family seat. Considered a ‘hedge witch’, she is a noted potioneer, diviner (cartomancer) and expert in Herbology, Midwifery and Veterinarian Medicine. It is known that she has attended the birth of every child of the Grey for at least the last two generations, and she is considered an expert on the subject of childbirth and folk medicine. She earns an income selling potions to local wizards and seeing to the needs of their animals. (NPC)

Livinia Grey: Daughter of Mother Grey, sister of Nigellia and Connor, wife of Hugh Grey (not related to each other, thank you), mother of Siobhan and Fianna, maternal aunt of Robert and Selina. A Pureblood witch, Hogwarts alumnus and former Ravenclaw, she and her husband live in a townhouse in Waterford, and own a farm not far away. The farm produces many fine, pedigreed Irish Wolfhounds. Her brother, Connor runs the farm with his wife, Sinead, and a number of House Elves.

Hugh and Livinia completed adoption proceedings on behalf of their niece, Selina, whom was orphaned a number of years previously. Selina's name was legally changed, dropping from the name 'Farell' from her surname. At this point, the Farells have severed all ties with the Greys, though they might allow Selina to keep contact with them. Selina is functionally their eldest daughter, with their other children, Siobhan and Fianna, also being witches in their own right, and having attended and graduated from Hogwarts.

Hugh Grey: Husband of Livinia Grey, father of Siobhan Grey and Fianna Grey, maternal uncle of Selina (Farell) Grey and Robert Farell-Grey.

Connor Grey: Son of Mother Grey, husband of Moya, Father of Canaan, brother of Livinia, maternal uncle of Selina (Farell) Grey and Robert Farell-Grey. Connor and his wife live on a farm not far from the Grey Priory, where they raise prize-winning Irish Wolfhounds, as well as more magical canines.

Moya Cavendish-Grey: Wife of Connor Grey, mother of Canaan.

Canaan Grey: Son of Connor and Moya Grey, and cousin of Selina Grey, Fianna Grey and Siobhan Grey-Cavendish. See profile below.

Annabella 'Annie' Clodaugh Sheehan-Grey: Daughter of Alex and Aoife Sheehan, stepdaughter of Oliver Hunt, beloved wife of Canaan, mother of Braeden and Claddaugh. Played by mc2.

Braeden Grey: First-born son of Canaan and Annabella. Born in 2056 (NPC)

Claddaugh Grey: Second-born daughter of Canaan and Annabella. Born in 2058 (NPC)

Nigellia Farell-Grey: Daughter of Mother Grey, sister of Livinia, wife of Ian Farell, mother of Robert and Selina Farell-Grey (ne: Selina Grey). A Pureblood witch, Nigellia was a junior law wizard with the Ministry of Magic at the time of her death. She was killed in a freak automobile accident, not far from the family home in Tremere in 2025. Current status: Deceased (NPC, if she ever shows up as a ghost)

Ian Farell: Husband of Nigellia, father of Robert and Selina. Son of a Muggle-born witch and a Squib father, Ian never evinced any magical aptitude of his own, and lived as a Muggle. After attending college in Dublin, Ian became an architect and a consulting structural engineer. Among his other interests was Architecture (he designed the house his family lived in until it was sold to settle his estate's debts) and he was an amateur Egyptologist. He was killed in the same car accident which killed his wife in 2025. Current status: Deceased (unlikely he’ll ever show up as a ghost, but if he does he’s a NPC)

Robert Farell-Grey: Son of Ian Farell and Nigellia Farell-Grey, younger brother of Selina Grey. Robert was born at the Grey Priory, and lived for five years as the younger member of the Farell Family. He was described by his sister as ‘bonny, sweet and true’. Robert died as a result of carbon-monoxide poisoning by a faulty furnace in his sister’s arms, at their home in Tremere in 2023. Current status: Deceased (could show up as a ghost. NPC)

Selina (Farell) Grey: See Adult Entry below this document for further details. Upon returning to her aunt’s house in Waterford, proceedings were started in court to have Selina's name legally changed by her aunt, Livinia, and these legal actions were completed by the end of Selina's Fourth Year at Hogwarts. In 2042, Selina was named to be Mother Grey's successor as the Head of the House of Grey, inheriting the titles and landholds, including the Grey Priory and the surrounding lands. In 2044, she was named Linsey Grey-Cavendish's godmother.

Siobhan 'Hannah' Grey-Cavendish: See Entry below for further details.

Conall Cavendish: Husband of Siobhan Grey-Cavendish, father of Linsey Grey-Cavendish.

Linsey Grey-Cavendish: Daughter of Conall Cavendish and Siobhan Grey-Cavendish, niece of Selina and Fianna Grey. Linsey was born on September 13th, 2044, in the Grey Priory, in accordance to family tradition. See entry below for further details.

Llewella Mari Grey-Cavendish: Daughter of Gwen Eynon (deceased), formerly adopted daughter of Markus and Ivona Antonov, formerly adopted youngest sister of Dmitry, Augustín, Alexi, Matej, Radovan, Serghei, and Demyan Antonov, adopted daughter of Conall Cavendish and Siobhan Grey-Cavendish, beloved younger sister of Linsey Grey-Cavendish. Usually known as Ella, Llewela was abandoned by her old family, the Antonovs of Romania in December of 2061, and formally adopted by the Greys in June of 2062.

Fianna MacDavis-Grey: See Entry below for further details.

Lochlainn MacDavis: Squib. Married to Fianna, and father of Finneas MacDavis-Grey and Freya Aisling MacDavis-Grey, he and his wife lead a Celtic rock band called the Causeway Hares

Finneas 'Finn' MacDavis-Grey: Born on August 25th, 2051, in the Grey Priory, he's the son of Fianna and Lochlainn, and older brother of Freya.

Freya Aisling MacDavis-Grey Born on September 1st, 2056, in the Grey Priory, she's the daughter of Fianna and Lochlainn, and younger sister of Finneas.

Accepted by: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк [03/28/2017]
Updates Accepted by: ❝Yukitty❞[7/11/2022]
Accepted Characters:
Selina [03/28/2017] Siobhan [03/28/2017] Fianna [03/28/2017] Canaan [01/08/2020] Linsey [7/11/2022]  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:50 pm
Hi, my name is Selina Grey

But I mostly go by Selina. When I was younger, my cousins would call me 'Linny', but these days I'm usually called Lynn.

I'm a young lady, thank you.

I'm forty-three years old.

My birthday is the Ides of March, March 15, 2017

I work in at Gringotts, as a Cursebreaker

My dream job is Mission accomplished. I'm happy where I am.

My blood status is I guess I’m what one might call a ‘Half Blood’. My father was a Muggle, my mother and her sister, Aunt Livinia, are witches, as is Mother Grey, my grandmother. Ours is an ancient Wizarding family line, and Mother Grey has told me our blood was mingled with the fey, though that was centuries ago, but some of the traits resurface every so often.

The house I was in was Ravenclaw

I was in the class of 2035

I'm interested in Guys, definitely, guys.

I'm currently with Nobody in particular.

I may seem respectful of traditions and a stickler for details but I'm really a bit of an odd duck. Not a nutter, you understand, it’s just most folk aren’t exactly sure what to make of me. By and large, I don’t like dealing with a lot of people at one time, and crowds make me nervous. By turns I can be quite cheerful, and then suddenly be dark and moody, and I’m usually good for a snide quip or two. ‘Cynic’ would be a good descriptor for me, as I have little faith in anything or anyone.

My background story is

I wasn’t born under the best of auspices, it was a stormy night, or so I’m told, in the middle of March, a late-winter storm which came howling in from out of the Atlantic. Dad wanted me to be born in a nice modern hospital in Dublin, Mom and Mother Grey insisted upon our ancestral home, outside Tremere, where she was born. One of my uncles was driving to the house, to be there for my birth, but he was killed in a lorry accident not far from the Priory. As such my birthday isn’t looked upon as a happy occasion.

Dad was a consulting engineer for a firm in Waterford (yes, the place with all the expensive crystal), and Mom was a junior law wizard with the Ministry of Magic, so I really didn’t see as much of them growing up as I would have liked, except in the evenings and the weekends. Usually, I would stay with my Aunt Livinia and Uncle Hugh, whom had a townhouse in Waterford, or with Mother Grey who lived in a cottage out in the country.

Everybody calls my grandmother ‘Mother Grey’, at least the ones raised in the Old Ways, or those who know what’s good for them. She’s what some might call a ‘wise woman’ or a ‘hedge witch’; however, she’s got the gift of being able to read signs and portents. She can read tarot cards like some Muggles read ‘the Times’, and she’s taught me to read them as well, although I’m nowhere as good as with them. She’s also got a deft hand with potions and has forgotten more about Herbology than I’ll probably ever learn; if she doesn’t know about it, then likely it isn’t worth the knowing. Wizarding Folk that lives in the area come to her when they need potions.

One time, she called my father, and told him not to let me go to visit a friend that day, because there were ill portents. He laughed it off and let me go anyway, just to get me out of the house. That day, I watched my friend run out into the street after a ball and get hit by a car. She died before help could get there to us.

I started showing signs of being a witch when I was really quite young. Odd things happened around me; great big dogs, whom would tear your arm off as soon as look at you, would come up and lick my face like we were old friends. Then again, animals in general seem to like me. There’s a pair of Irish Wolfhounds, Lugh and Cuchulainn, they become my second and third shadow when I stay at Mother Grey’s. On occasion a favourite toy would fly off the shelf and into my arms, and I must confess I may be responsible for the odd plate of brussel sprouts getting catapult out the window and into the garden.

Mom, Uncle Hugh and Aunt Livinia, and Mother Grey were all delighted about having a burgeoning witch in the house; Dad had his misgivings, and I think on some level he was just a little scared of me, not that he’d ever admit it. One thing which all of them were in agreement about, was the joyous event of my baby brother, Robert, coming into the world.

I suppose on some level I wasn’t thrilled about sharing my parents’ attention with a younger sibling, but I also learned it was cool to be a big sister too. It was cute how he would follow me around, and I could get him to laugh at the drop of a hat. Wee little Robert, bonny, sweet and true.

Things don’t always work out, I guess. One night, our parents went out for the evening, so it was just us and the housekeeper there in the house. For whatever reason he wouldn’t settle down for bed, and so he ended up in my lap, snuggled with me while I read to him. At some point I passed out, and when I woke up next it was in a hospital Emergency Room. I was told little Robert had died in my arms, fallen asleep never to awaken.

We found out later something went wrong with the furnace in our house, and though I’d done nothing wrong, I’m sure my parents, my dad in particular, never forgave me for surviving.

When I was ten, my magic was getting stronger, and the odd occurrences were taking place with greater frequency, sometimes even happening at the school I was attending. Dad was of a mind to ship me off to some Catholic boarding school, and he was trying to convince Mom it was ‘for the best’.

After a particularly nasty argument with my parents, they left the house to attend some party being held by Dad’s firm. I was seething mad when I watched them leave, and it was then the car exploded. In actuality, the gas filter caused a fire which detonated some gas vapour (ooc: I lost my first car this way), but at the time I thought my magic was responsible.

Fearing that the Aurors were coming for me, and having heard the horror stories of what happens to people whom end up in Azkaban … well, I ran for it. I packed what I could into a bag, and started running. I ended up somewhere near a lake, in one of those abandoned villages which was emptied out during the Potato Famine. It was there I ended up staying.

I don’t know how long I was there, though I'm pretty sure it was the better part of a year, and thankfully I learned enough from Mother Grey to not poison myself on what I foraged; while I may not have lived well, but I didn’t starve either. To this day, I do not know why my family didn't send my dogs to come look for me, as they seem to be tied in some mystical fashion to me, but I think my self-imposed exile might have been viewed in the same fashion as the aboriginals do their 'walkabouts'. My adorable Birman friend, Hepzibah, simply showed up one stormy night at the door of the cottage I'd taken refuge in; I fed her some of the broth and noodles I'd managed to make for a meal, and she’s been with me ever since.

Not long ago, I received my letter from Hogwarts, and knew it was time to leave my sanctuary. They wouldn’t have sent the letter if they were planning to swoop in and ship me off to a prison cell. I left my sanctuary and walked back to my aunt's townhouse in Waterford, where she and Mother Grey were waiting for me, as if they seemed to know I was supposed to arrive at that date and time.

So, there I was, looking for a second chance in life at the tender age of eleven. I wasn’t expecting much, was I? My letter from school drew to a close one journey of my life, and the beginning of the next.

Sorting Hat's Comments: Upon arriving at the school, I participated in the Sorting Ceremony, and the Sorting Hat told me this: "I assure you my dear, I've a mind just as you have, Many minds I have seen, and each one different. You worry that I cannot place you. Worry not, for you have brilliance about you, and a dedication to learning that makes me know just where to put you. Ravenclaw!"

First Year: 'And so it begins...' Met a lot of other kids at the school, made a few friends, made a few enemies. Unfortunately, I didn't make the best first impression with some of my peers, and I haven't been all that impressed by the leadership in my House either. Depending upon whom one asks I'm a troublemaker or some know-it-all, but I am learning from my mistakes. While I've found friends among the Hufflepuffs, I've really not made many in my own house, and have made a few enemies among the Slytherins ('gee, big shock there'), and none of the Gryffindors seem to be interested in socializing with me ('whatever, I wasn't all that impressed by you either'). At the moment I feel as though I'm a Ravenclaw in name only, being that I may live in the Tower, but I haven't felt all that welcome there. More importantly, I've done well in my classes, and shown I have some potential.

Sadly, the adoption I was assured was a done-deal, minus the formalities, was anything but. My father's family is angry about the name change my aunt and uncle attempted to pull, and they want to adopt me as well, though this may be partially because they're interested in my parents' old house, and not so much they're interested in my well-being. Right now, they're arguing over which household I'm spending my summer in. When I learned of the Farells' interest in my parents' old house, I decided to cancel my original plan to sell it. While there may not be pleasant memories there, it is my house now, and I'm spending my summer here, rather than be pulled back and forth between households.

It is been suggested I try out for the House quidditch team next year, maybe I might make inroads in my own House, and maybe I might get my head caved in by a bludger, one never knows. I'm also considering checking out the Duelling Club; a good bit of DADA practice, self-defense training, and perhaps if my enemies won't respect me, they might learn to fear me.

Second Year: I spent a good portion of this term just trying to live down the unfortunate reputation I generated last year. One lesson I've definitely learned from last year was the teachers are not interested in my opinions or my thoughts on certain subjects (history being a particular bone of contention, as is the theories behind Transfigurations), nor are most of the students. It is a wiser course simply to answer their questions when asked, and offer nothing more unless requested. More to the point, I've found they can't find one guilty of thinking something they do not like if it is never aired. Joined the Dueling Club as I planned to, and had the chance to not only practice what I was being taught in DADA class, but to observe what the older students were capable of and what they could do with their knowledge. Got to know Lola a bit more over the summer, and gotten a bit more of a connection with others in my House.

At the end of the school year, I was caught up in a terrorist attack by robed fanatics claiming to be 'Death-Eaters'. Learned my magic wasn't enough to fight an adult wizard trying to kill me, but I saw him off by driving my boline into his gut. Don't know if he bled out or not since he Apparated away, but the experience told me our defensive training at the school is woefully inadequate, at least for younger students. All-in-all it was a particularly brutal final exam in Defense Against Dark Arts, and the results rather illuminating, I think. I'm sure word will get around school that I tried to gut an adult wizard with a knife, which may work to my advantage.

The legal battle waged over whom gets custody of me rages on, sadly. While the Farells allowed the name change to stand, they've dug their heels in about wanting to adopt me and take possession of my parents' old house (which is now mine, so far as I'm concerned). I plan to spend summer at my house, away from both sides of this whole mess, though I suspect I will be travelling to visit friends (perhaps see Layton), and maybe entertaining my cousin, Hannah.

Third Year: After the incident in Hogsmeade, I got into a spot of issue with my aunt and uncle, as they hadn't a clue I was even alive, until after I'd arrived home, and hadn’t received their first clue until it was noticed Lugh and CuChulainn had left Mother Grey’s cottage. I spent my time after the fighting helping out with injured as best as my limited skills would allow, and got home on my own, rather than bother them with my transportation issues. Over the summer, I got to help my cousin get her school stuff, and visit some friends, and even took a trip to the Lake Country for some quality peace and quiet.

Returning to school, I promised Aunt Livinia and Uncle Hugh I would look out for my cousin, Siobhan, even going so far as to promise I would defend her at cost of my life if the situation warranted. I was happy to see her Sorted into Hufflepuff, and even make it as a Reserve Chaser on her house team on her first try. It was also gratifying to see Ceri being more assertive, and my feelings for Layton growing stronger (also helped he wasn't scared off after seeing me gut a Death-Eater last June). Much of my time was spent settling into the classes I was taking, putting me on course for needing to write no less than seventeen OWLs in two years hence.

Highlight of my year, though, was when Layton asked me out on Valentine's Day. I'd been waiting since last term for him to do this. Our first date was spent walking through the park outside Hogsmeade, a memory I will surely keep close to my heart (and likely use when I cast a Patronus). Another highlight was when I learned my friend Lola is actually a half- wood nymph, which makes her just that more intriguing. I would give much to have the chance to meet her mother. This discovery occurred after I faced a boggart in DADA class, where I got to face my father judging the worth of my soul without even the pretense of placing a feather on the scales in my defense.

At some point during the term, I stopped Siobhan from taking part in an expedition into the Forbidden Forest undertaken by a group of first and second year students, and included Harper (whom was the eldest of the lot, and old enough to know better). It was after Hepzibah and I cast a divination (and received ill omens), and I intercepted Siobhan and got her back to her Common Room before she broke any rules, and without causing anybody else further issue. This is my second chance to be an older sister, and I would not allow her to be eaten by some creature in the Forbidden Forest, at least when I was in a position to intercede.

The Forbidden Forest figured into another ill-aspected event which took place the night before the Leaving Feast. Another divination caused me to venture out of the castle well after curfew and found the bodies of my boyfriend and his brother, not far from the edge of the Forest. They were alive, thankfully, but both were obviously involved in some sort of fight, as they were injured, and Layton suffered some magical curse which affected his appearance. I called upon the help of my Head of House, and Alchemy teacher, Professor Amarocho, as I felt I could trust him, full well knowing the amount of trouble I would likely suffer. This was the reason why I missed the Feast.

Fourth Year:At least I got through this year without so much drama. My aunt and uncle were not happy that I returned home from school on my own and didn't know it until Mother Grey told them the dogs left her house the next morning. As expected, I had a bunch of questions to answer about what happened with the Bannister brothers, and my aunt and uncle were surprised to learn I was officially dating Layton. Over the summer, I took Siobhan shopping in Diagon Alley, helped her pick out her own broomstick, and met up with Grace and her uncle, Professor Landon Price.

While drama didn't center on me, thank goodness, it did focus on my younger Housemate, Rhys Blake. Don't know what his malfunction was, but he was killing us on House points for cutting class, mouthing off, and generally doing things I'm supposedly noted for. I've been getting closer to Sybil Vance, a younger Housemate in one of my Art classes, and Antigone Lillantine; it's good to have friends. I've also been showing up at Hufflepuff matches, especially since Siobhan and Layton are playing on the team.

Highlight of the term was the big masquerade ball on Valentine's Day, which is our anniversary. I dressed up as Bast, the Egyptian cat goddess, and Siobhan dressed up as an owl. I stayed out in the gardens with Antigone because I didn't want for her to be alone, considering she was a little freaked out by all the masks (go figure, she was gravely wounded by those Death-Eaters). When Layton found me, he gave me this beautiful ring, which I've never taken off, except for when I wash up in the morning.

Towards the end of the term, I was helping Siobhan with her Transfigurations lessons, so she would at least pass the class. We learned Fianna finally showed signs of being magical, enough so that she'll be coming to Hogwarts with us this fall. I passed all my classes, and amassed a nice tidy sum of House points, sadly my contributions were not enough to help spare Ravenclaw the ignominious fate of being in last place in the standings at year's end.

Uncle Hugh and Aunt Livinia extracted a promise of me to return to London with Siobhan, as opposed to going home another way. I would have preferred doing something with Layton before departing for Ireland, but I did as they requested. When I got there, I found out why they did this. My grandparents settled my father's affairs, along with all the other legal matters surrounding my family. They had to sell off the house and most of the furnishings in order to settle his debts, so I no longer had a house to go to. They also relinquished their claim on me, so now I am truly a Grey. While I have a nice inheritance which is in trust, considerable sum of Galleons in Gringotts, and a portfolio of Muggle money in various long-term investments, my house and my independence is gone.

Needless to say, I'm not happy about this...

Fifth Year: This year saw a few changes for me, not the least of which was becoming a Ravenclaw Prefect. I was surprised when the badge showed up along with the list of books and school supplies for the new year. I spent a chunk of my summer working toward my OWL exams, though I found time to have a date or two with Layton and attend the local music festival. I'd invited Antigone, but she couldn't make it, and upon returning to school I learned why. Her little brother, Cyrus murdered her owl to get back at her for something, and Anti beat him practically into a coma for it, and as a result she was grounded for the summer. Why Cyrus was even allowed on the train again is quite beyond my capacity for reason, and that's saying something. Unfortunately, as Anti bade me to stay silent, I could do little more than watch him as best as I was able and hope he didn't attack anybody's owls or a student. I'm not happy there's a full-blown sociopath attending classes with Siobhan.

Oh, yes, Siobhan. I wasn't thrilled when Aunt Livinia and Uncle Hugh asked me to start tutoring her in Transfigurations regularly, even though I had my own classes to worry about, my Prefect duties to attend to, and twenty OWLs to write at term's end, but being the eldest in the house meant she was my responsibility, and I owe them a debt of obligation. After all, they didn't really have to take me in after my parents died, they could have pawned me off on Mother Grey after my house was sold out from under me by the Farells.

This also marked Fianna's first term at Hogwarts, and she was accepted into Gryffindor House, which was what I figured all along. Having seen her be absolutely fearless on occasion, being a member of a House noted for bravery seemed apropos. She seems to be doing well enough in her classes, although she's had her own struggles with Transfigurations. Thankfully, I wasn't called upon to tutor her as well, though I have given her pointers on occasion. What really got me was when she told me that I was now the eldest sister in her eyes; I only hope I live up to that responsibility better than I did for Robert.

Of further interest, Strudwick and Devonte are werewolves now. One must wonder if it is getting contagious around the school.

It should go without saying, I worked very hard in preparing for OWLs. Five years of preparations went into my exams, and I collected two 'Exceeds Expectations' and eighteen 'Outstandings'. While Mother would have been pleased, Father would have demanded twenty for twenty; Mother Grey, Aunt Livinia and Uncle Hugh were proud, and made sure I knew their feelings on the subject. While I'm relieved, I also know this is no cause to slack off; in two years I have NEWTs, and I have to choose what path I walk from here.

So now, I'm going into the summer, worried about Antigone, hoping to have a date or two with Layton over the summer, and tantalized by a mystery by Ceri.

Sixth Year: While I may no longer own a house, I have a room in my new residence which is large enough to qualify as a small apartment, complete with a nook where I have my art supplies, my father's drafting table, and a place to paint and draw, as well as hanging plants. Of course, all my books, including my mother's collection, now reside on shelves therein. Mother Grey transferred the contents of my mother's garden to her own. I was happy to see her century-plus old peony bush not only survive but thrive there.

My cousins and I went to the Celtic Music Festival in Waterford, and at one point they tricked me into getting up on stage to sing when they were pulling volunteers up from the crowd to sing along with one of the acts. I have to admit it was fun, but I wish Layton or Antigone could have been there to share in it. I also took Fianna to Diagon Alley to purchase her broomstick, as I did for Siobhan, and the two of us had a nice dinner afterward in London. Seems I'm settling just fine into my adopted role of older sister.

I also helped Ceri dig into a familial mystery, and learned whom actually owned her house, which as it turned out was not her shrewish stepmother. This worked out well, as she would be using it as the place to stash Antigone when she decided not to come home from school, and so avoid the marriage arranged by her parents. I told Anti I'd help her any way I could, and she asked only that I support her efforts, and stay silent if anyone inquired as to her whereabouts.

My performance in my OWLs was not cause to rest on my laurels but to dive straight into preparation for NEWTs next term. I also continued tutoring Siobhan in Transfiguration, and coaching Fianna in her Herbology lessons, at the request of my aunt and uncle. Since they've taken me into their household and grafted me into their family, I felt it was only proper I repay their indulgence as best as I could. My sixth term at Hogwarts was largely uneventful, for I was glad, though I wouldn't have minded a few more dates with Layton. The family is increasingly of a desire to meet him since we've been dating now for three years, and Layton has been rather reticent on the subject.

With the arrival of summer, I've returned to Ireland with the hopes I won't be fielding questions from Aurors into the subject of the Lillantines' absentee daughter. I've already planned my studies for NEWTs, and scheduled an OWLs boot camp for Siobhan, as the family is concerned she might flunk her exams otherwise, and I'm hoping to visit my boyfriend over the summer. However, there is the little matter of a large black dog I saw in the churchyard, not far from my parents' grave...

Seventh Year: As it turned out not all big black dogs in graveyards are Grims, some are just big black dogs who needed a home and someone to love them. The Grim we thought might be following me was just that, a dog, in this case one belonging to an old friend of Mother Grey's, who passed away recently, and taken to staying near her grave, an act of loyalty which just breaks my heart simply thinking about it. Had we not learned the truth and taken him in, not only would he have likely starved to death, but his former owner wouldn't have been able to pass fully onward into her next life. Wonder what Professor Eckstein would have made of this case? Knowing her faithful companion had a home allowed her to go onto her next journey.

My final year at school did not start well. My aunt and uncle asked that I continue coaching Siobhan for her OWLs, even though I had eighteen NEWTs of my own to prepare for. I'd spent the majority of the summer studying for NEWTs, when I wasn't putting my cousin through intensive OWL studies, and now I had to extend this through the school year as well. While they apologized for the extra strain it imposed, and I was fully expecting to be called upon to help Fianna with her studies too, I definitely didn't feel as though anyone appreciated the sacrifices I was making. Siobhan definitely didn't, and she took me to task for it, and how I was concerned she wasn't taking her prefect duties as sacrosanct as I thought she should. In the end, we had an understanding, and Fianna got her jab in at me by getting me to agree to joining the Music Club with her, since I got her to join the Dueling Club with me. Things with Layton and I stayed on an even keel, for which I was grateful, and we'll have to see how things go after graduation. I worked myself unto exhaustion getting ready for NEWTs, which may have caused my performance to slip somewhat. In the end, this may cost me dearly..

Post-Graduation: Needless to say, I was dead-tired after crossing the Black Lake and ending my time at Hogwarts. I was also dreading my return to the family; not for fear of poor grades (that wasn't happening), but whether I still had a place in the family.

Siobhan's words to the contrary, I feared that now I was graduated, and was no longer required to watch over Siobhan and Fianna that I was no longer needed or wanted. It was totally not fair of me to feel that way toward Uncle Hugh and Aunt Liv, especially after how they were kind enough to take me in to begin with and went the trouble of making my room almost like an apartment. When we arrived at the train station, I wasn't sure how to feel, and when we met the family at the platform, I made sure to stay back, as I always do, and gave Hannah and Fianna their time to be welcomed back. When it was my turn, Uncle Hugh and Aunt Liv hugged and kissed me and welcomed me as well.

Since I am now of age, both in terms of the Wizarding and Muggle definitions of the term, I now have full control of my finances, which were kept in trusts by our family attorney since the deaths of my parents. Given the amounts of money accrued, I've set things up so that the family attorney continues in this role, and the money continues to make money, while I get a nice monthly allowance from the proceeds (interest). As such, I never touch the principle, it continues to roll over and generate more money, and I will always have an income.

My focus at the end of the term had its cost, and I was sick for the better part of the first week after getting home from school. It was nice to be able to say I had a home, just as it was nice to simply curl up in bed and rest. My dogs took up residence in my room, much to Hepzibah's consternation, acting as my second and third shadow wherever I went.

Once I was recovered sufficiently from my illness, my first priorities were to secure employment for myself, as I refused to simply lay about the house and do nothing to earn my keep. Oh, I made myself useful helping Mother Grey out in the garden, and in the shed cranking out potions, and this certainly helped me keep up in my skills, but that wouldn't get me where I needed to be.

When I finally had my transcripts, I traveled to London and put in my application at Gringotts. The only thing which made me nervous was my weak Ancient Runes score (admittedly, I was sick enough I shouldn't have been out of bed for that NEWT, but excuses won't help me now), although the fact I had other skills would help me, including solid Astronomy and Healing Arts scores. I was quite thankful to get hired on.

Since getting hired on, I've kept myself pretty busy, and I've been out of the country for extended periods of time. I'd like to think I've made the point of making time for my family, and other things, at least this is what I tell myself. The reality is being a Cursebreaker for Gringotts keeps me pretty busy, and my relationships have suffered somewhat as a result.

Layton simply vanished, no note, no letter, nothing, he was simply gone from my life without explanation, rhyme or reason. It hit me pretty hard, especially since we'd been together for as long as we have. It's sad to admit, but I know longer wear his ring, well, not on my finger anyway. The claddagh ring he gave to me on Valentines Day when we were Third Years, I now wear on a silver chain around my neck, and it serves as a physical link to the memory I use to summon my Patronus.

I also travel a lot as part of my job, usually taking me out of the country on a regular basis. While I've seen some interesting places in Europe and Africa, I haven't kept touch so much with my old friends from school. As I said, I stay pretty busy. For a time, I simply stayed at my aunt and uncle's house when I returned to Ireland, as I saw little point in setting up my own household when I'm gone for so much time out of the year.

Recently, I decided to get a house, really its more of a country cottage, not far outside of Tramere, and fairly close by where the rest of the family lives, though when I'm gone, I still board the dogs at Mother Grey's house. Having now been a Cursebreaker for a number of years, I'm getting the chance to come home a little more often, though I do have to admit, I still like to travel.

In 2042, I was given a great honour by Mother Grey; she asked that I agree to become her successor as head of the family when time or circumstances required that it became necessary. Including being Clan Chieftain, it meant I would inherit all her titles and the landholds associated with the Grey Priory. Growing up, I never realized my grandmother was a landed noble, she was always Mother Grey, which is was what she always wanted.

In 2044, I was named the godmother of Hannah's little girl, Linsey. She's a darling little thing, with this long silvery hair that sometimes seems to move about of its own accord.

2045- 2060. I have continued to work on projects for the Company and have taken on the role of a senior project leader having a staff working under me. As a result, I'm not traveling as much as I used to, in fact, I have an actual office at the Diagon Alley headquarters. Truth be told, I'm starting to do more of my work from my office at home. I have added onto my cottage, creating my Egyptology Room and a proper library to hold my growing collection of books, tomes and other texts.

However, I find as I'm getting on that I'm getting a bit lonely. I rather enjoy having Linsey's company when she comes to visit, and it makes me consider the thought of perhaps adopting a child. If nothing else, I'll stop hearing Mother Grey's strongly worded requests to settle down and get busy making grandchildren for her to dote on.

I enjoy My books, of course. I’m what one might call a bibliophile, and I have a rather sizeable collection of books, classics by Muggle authors, and Wizarding authors (and nothing by that fraud, Gilderoy Lockhart) as well as more obscure works, some of which are quite valuable and rare. I also have managed to collect a number of books on the subjects of magic, spellcraft, and the like, including my own formulary.

I also love music; I guess it is part and parcel of being a Celt. Mother taught me a few guitar chords, so I can play one a little bit (though not well), and I can sing. I don’t mind singing in public, as long as I'm not tricked into it, and I'd rather just sing along with the others at the pub.

My favourite classes were Charms, Potions and Herbology; the latter two being quite closely related; enough so I cross-referenced my formulary with my notes, which I'll hang onto for future reference.

I never really knew what true freedom was until the first time I flew on a broom, and I still enjoy getting out and flying around, even if I do know how to Apparate.

As a result of my work as a Cursebreaker, and having inherited my father's sizable collection of books, I have become a scholar of Egyptology, likely more so than my father ever was. In my house, there is a dedicated Egyptology Room, where I keep my collection of books (including my father's original collection), notes and casefiles from the various projects I've worked on over the years, and a small number of antiquities which I have permission to retain in my safekeeping. Needless to say, the room is kept strictly under lock-and-key and is warded against unwanted visitors.

I despise ‘Despise’ is a strong word, closely associated with ‘hate’. As a general rule I see such things as a particularly extravagant and unwise investiture of emotional energy. It can give somebody a measure of power over you and they can influence your thoughts and actions, so one must be careful.

I can honestly say I don’t like dancing. Not to say I dislike watching it, that can be fun, no I mean actually dancing myself. Mother insisted upon having me dance when I was little, Irish step dancing, the whole experience reminded me strongly of those nasty little dogs with the weird fuzzy haircuts you see at dog shows, prancing about in silly little costumes. I’m sure you get the picture; I don’t care for being trotted out and made to perform.

There’s also ‘girl drama’. < insert sigh, and then a sarcastically silly tone> ‘OMG, if Mister X doesn’t date Miss Y the world will come crashing to an end’, or it’s just another Tuesday night. Bloody hell, it’s annoying.

I really don’t like being pestered while I’m trying to get something done either, now I think about it. I can be reading a really good book, or totally into the study of a particular bit of magic, and sure as the sun rising somebody feels the need to intrude upon my personal space because they have some ‘important’ bit which absolutely demands my undivided attention at that precise second.

I can honestly say I really despised the theology classes I had to take, when I was younger, so much so I've come to dislike greatly having any religious teachings at all crammed down my throat, and as such I don’t really care for all the hypocrisy which comes with it. I see little point in praying for forgiveness or much of anything else. Don’t take me wrong, the history is interesting, but there’s only so much of the endless repetition of the catechisms I can stomach. I can also do without the nuns and their rulers. Since Robert died, I've become a lapsed Catholic, for which my father never forgave me.

I'm afraid of I’m going to assume you aren’t referring to those fears any sane, rational person would and should have, such as death, dementors, dragons and other things boggarts are so good at emulating. I guess what I fear the most is the possibility that no matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, ultimately nothing I do matters, and I will be judged to be a failure by those around me.

My boggart has taken the form of my father, dressed as Lord Anubis, sitting in judgement of my soul with a set of scales and a feather, secure in the knowledge I haven't a chance of receiving a fair judgement in his eyes. It isn't death I fear near so much as I do the thought of having him waiting for me in the afterlife.

My strengths are I am well-read and secure in my command of my magic.

My flaws are I’m afraid I have a nasty habit of getting fixated on a task or a project to the exclusion of anything else, including food and sleep. I’m also not what one would call a ‘good liar’. No, while I might couch things to spare somebody’s feelings, I will tell you what I think, and damn the consequences.

I look likeAlexis Bledel.

My wand is a eleven inches long, made of yew, with a core of faery hair, capped with a silver triskelion, with lines of true silver wound about its length crafted to look like ivy vines and leaves. It’s actually quite pretty, and its main forte is Charms and Healing Arts.

My pet is a half-Neasle Birman, named Hepzibah. I also have a matched pair of Irish Wolfhounds named Lugh and CuCuchlainn, whom serve as my bodyguards when I’m home.

My patronus is: A large spectral Grimm, with ears like a jackal, wearing a collar which resembles a torque worn by ancient Egyptian royalty.

My happy memory for the Patronus is: Getting my Claddagh ring from Layton on Valentine's Day when we were Third Years. The ring now hangs on a chain I wear, and I use it as a physical focus should I need it.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:

Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Alchemy ~ O
Ancient Studies ~ O
Arithmancy ~ O
Art ~ O
Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
Cooking with Magic ~ O
Cursebreaking ~ EE
Divination ~ EE
Ghost and Ghoul Studies ~ O
Healing ~ O
Study of Ancient Runes ~ O
Wandless Magic ~ O
Wizard Law ~ O

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:

Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
DADA ~ O
Herbology ~ EE
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Alchemy ~ O
Arithmancy ~ O
Art ~ O
Care of Magical Creatures ~ EE
Cursebreaking ~ O
Divination ~ EE
Ghost and Ghoul Studies ~ O
Healing ~ O
Study of Ancient Runes ~ A
Wandless Magic ~ O
Wizard Law ~ O

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am fluent in several languages. Aside from English, I have been fluent in Irish Gaelic and Latin since I was a young child (being from Ireland, I was taught Gaelic at a very early age, and my father, being a very devout Catholic insisted that I not only learn Latin, but that my prayers didn't count if they weren't spoken in Latin). I have since added Modern Arabic, Aramaic, French, Hebrew, Italian and I can read Egyptian hieroglyphs, Cuneiform, Demotic and Hieratic.  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:18 pm
Siobhan Grey-Cavendish

Basics:

NICKNAMES: Hannah

BIRTHDAY: February 26, 2019

BLOOD STATUS: Pureblood

WAND: Twelve inches, flexible, with Ash wood and a Unicorn hair core.

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Hetero

FACECLAIM: Rika Furude (Higurashi When They Cry)

School and Career:

ATTENDED: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

HOUSE: Hufflepuff

YEAR: Graduated (Class of 2037)

BEST LESSONS
■ Charms
■ Potions
■ Flying

WORST LESSONS
■ Transfigurations
■ Herbology
■ Astronomy

OWL SCORES

Astronomy ~ EE
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ EE
Art ~ O
Care of Magical Creatures ~ A
Healing ~ O
Muggle Studies ~ EE
Wandlore Studies ~ O

NEWT SCORES

Charms ~ O
DADA ~ A
Herbology ~ EE
History of Magic ~ EE
Potions ~ EE
Art ~ O
Study of Ancient Runes ~ A
Wandlore ~ O

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT: Beater for the Irish National Quidditch Team

DREAM JOB: I'm pretty much living the dream here, but I'm planning to parley my Quidditch career someday into starting up my own art studio.

Personality:

■ Hannah has a vivid imagination, and enjoys playing what some might call ‘roleplaying games’ or pretend. She enjoys drawing and writing about the things she imagines, and has even made her own costumes so she can take on the role of characters she’s made up.
■ Unfortunately, Hannah also has a nasty habit of getting lost in her imaginings, or a book, or whatever else she might be doing
■ Hannah likes making friends, and being surrounded by friends. She usually has a ready smile a cheery disposition and easy charm.
■ Hannah gets bored easily and her curiosity can lead her into places she might not want to be.
■ Hannah has a good memory, which is good because she doesn’t necessarily have the best study habits, and is good at spotting things others might not catch at first glance. Now, whether whatever it is is important or not …well, that maybe another story.
■ Hannah is scrupulous in keeping her word, a promise made is as good as gold in Gringott’s vaults, and if sworn to secrecy about something, nothing short of a Crucio or an Imperious will get it out of her.

■ Chocolate, and sweets in general, but particularly chocolate.
■ Cute clothes in bright colours. Has tried making her own clothes and even her own costumes… with mixed results
■ Her kid sister and her cousin Selina.
■ Quidditch, of course
■ Loves kittens and bunnies.

DISLIKES:

■ Broccoli
■ Bullies
■ Having to get all dressed up and fancy, formal stuff
■ Finances, there's so much to keep track of.
■ Being bored

HOBBIES:
■ Drawing and painting
■ Board Games
■ Quidditch

STRENGTHS:
■ Making new friends
■ Vivid imagination

WEAKNESSES:

■ Curiosity
■ Her mind wanders

FEARS:

■ Loud thunderstorms
■ Spiders

History:

CHILDHOOD: Siobhan is the elder daughter of Hugh and Livinia Grey of Waterford and its environs. The child was born 26 February of 2019, during a raging snowstorm, in one of the worst winters the area had seen in many years. As has been the custom of the family, Siobhan was born in the old Grey Priory, brought into the world by her grandmother, and surrounded by members of her family, as well as generations of familial ghosts whom dwell in the ancestral stronghold.

Being the child of two Pureblood wizards and surrounded by magic, it was only a matter of time before Siobhan started showing signs of being magical herself. Even at the tender age of six, odd things would happen around her. She could entertain her little sister, Fianna, on occasion by making toys float in the air and make ‘faerie lights’ appear at night, but she could never really do these things with anything like control. Most of these incidents occurred when Siobhan was either alone or in the company of her baby sister, and her parents didn’t know they were taking place.

All of that changed when Siobhan confronted an older boy whom was bullying a smaller friend of hers on the playground, shortly before her eleventh birthday. When she accidentally caused him an embarrassing incident (his pants fell down and he tripped), and the matter had to be quieted up by the Ministry, it was then Siobhan learned that she was a witch like her mother and her older cousin.

SCHOOL YEARS

THE SORTING HAT: The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Not belong?
My dear that's is nothing to worry about!
All of the students to have put me on
Have found themselves to belong!
You worry about not having the key traits,
But you are more important;you are an individual.
You're honest and friendly!
A true friend to the end!
I think you'll find you belong in...
Hufflepuff!

FIRST YEAR: Coming to the school was a huge adventure. I got to ride on a magical train, and my school is this huge castle near a spooky deep forest. Anyway, I got to meet a bunch of new friends, and I even made it onto the House quidditch team first time out. Okay, so instead of being a Beater they made me Chaser, but who cares, I'm on the team.

I also got to hang out with my cousin, Linny, whom has to help me with my homework sometimes. Linny has taken it upon herself to look out for me, she promised Momma to do it, so it's kinda like having a big sister, and a babysitter (ugh!). Yeah, the big thing this year was a bunch of us First Years were going out to explore the Forbidden Forest, and I would have gone with them too, except Linny caught me, and made sure I was back in my Common Room before curfew. Cripes, how'd she even know it was happening, anyway? Oh, and she told me she didn't want to get in trouble with Momma and Da if I'd gotten eaten by some creature in the forest. She also told me if I wished to engage in rules-breaking I should take care not to get caught.

During the summer, Linny took me to Diagon Alley, and helped me purchase my very own broomstick. Now I don't have to use the school's dodgy old broomsticks they have for students.

SECOND YEAR: Not as much went on this year, I guess, but there was a whole lot drama centering around my classmate, Rhys, who spent most of the year acting like a real butt. I actually got to play in a Quidditch match, after one of the other Beaters knocked herself of a game. Couldn't do anything to save us from losing to Slytherin's team, but nobody else stopped them either.

The big deal this year though was the big Valentine's Day masquerade ball. I made my own dress for the occasion, and made a mask out of real owl feathers I got off the floor of the owlry. Got a few compliments on my outfit, which was really cool. I signed up for the date auction, but I didn't get picked by anybody, but that's okay, at least I tried, and I donated some money that I had for the cause.

Managed to pass all my classes, though I needed to have Linny tutor me in Transfigs before final exams. I know she's going to ride me about studying over the summer, especially since she's living in our house now. She's already started asking me about what electives I want to take next term, and I just want to relax and not even think about school, at least not until the owl with our grades shows up. I love my cousin, but, man, I'm glad she isn't a Prefect.

THIRD YEAR: Oh, crud, my cousin is a Prefect. Highlights of summer break was going to the big music festival in Waterford, attending an Irish National team match in Dublin, and going to Diagon Alley with Linny and my sister. This is Fianna's year to go to Hogwarts for the first time, and she was Sorted into Gryffindor. I made the Reserves again as a Beater for Hufflepuff, which was really cool. Unfortunately, I've been struggling with the heavy class load, and Momma and Da asked Selina to tutor me, even though she's got twenty OWLs of her own to study for. I really feel bad making extra work for her.

This year, Rhys went back to be quiet and moody, and Emma was crushing on Clem, which is so sweet. Sadly there was no dance this year, and no guy has taken notice of me, but I'm hopeful for next term.

FOURTH YEAR: After the successes of last term, I thought for sure this was going to be a continuation of good things ... only, that really didn't happen. I thought for sure Emma and i would make the first string on the Quidditch team, and while I made it as a Beater and Zeph's partner, Emma got stuck on Reserves. That sucked, almost as bad as how well I did in matches; let's just say I wasn't exactly what one might call an 'impact player'. Worse, not only did we not repeat as Cup winners, we only got one win to show for our efforts since we were down to our backup Seeker all term. Layton never suited up for a match, and rumour has it he won't be there next term either.

The school killed three of my classes, Art History, Cooking with Magic, and Ancient Studies, right before Christmas, and Momma and Da insisted I take Muggle Studies to make up the difference. I don't know why I needed that class, after all Linny isn't taking it either. Cooking was such a fun class, and an easy class for me. Even with Linny's help, I'm scraping by in a few of my classes, mainly Transfiguration, Herbology and Astronomy. Can't wait for the lectures I'll get from my parents when the owl shows up with the grade card; won't that be fun?

Now we're home for the summer, there's something weird going on with Linny; she's being followed around by a grim. She's also informed me she's got my whole summer planned out for me, and I don't like the sound of 'OWL Boot Camp'...

FIFTH YEAR:Yeah, OWL Boot Camp. By the time summer was over I wanted to kick Linny and my parents with a pair of boots, I was so mad. I spent most of my summer up in Linny's room (you should see how big it is. She doesn't have a room, it's a bleedin' apartment by the size of it. That just isn't right or fair) studying her books and study guides, and working my tail off getting ready to start the school year. By the way, she grades tougher than some of my own teachers do. I was a bit surprised when I got my Prefect badge, and I found I needed to lean on my cousin a bit to learn what was involved with being a prefect. The way Linny went on about how important my duties were, and how I needed to be so serious about them, you'd have thought Helga Hufflepuff herself would rise from the dead just to scold me if I couldn't measure up. Here we were getting on the train, and she felt the need to remind me to have my uniform on for our first prefect meeting on the train, as though I weren't on-the-ball enough to figure that one out for myself.

First night as a Prefect, and here I was trying to help some poor incoming First Year get used to being so far from home, and having to sleep in a strange place. I learned then being a prefect wasn't all about rules and traditions and duties, like Linny made it out to be, it was about being a big sister to the younger students, and taking care of them. Linny and I had it out, shortly before Christmas; an argument like we hadn't had since we were kids, because I was tired of having her trying to push me to study like she did. It was nice to hear her admit that she was wrong about me being a prefect, and that she thought I was as gifted at Charms as one of her friends, but I also learned she was working herself nearly to death as well.

Linny wasn't exaggerating about how tough OWLs were though, and yeah, I get it that they're very important, and I'm glad they're done and over with, and thankfully she's graduating, so I won't have her controlling my free time at school. I also unloaded a bunch of classes, which will make things even easier for me.

SIXTH YEAR: After last year, with OWLs and my arguments with Linny and all the rest, this was a cakewalk. I got rid of all the classes that really gave me issues, and wound up with a four-day work week. Nice. I really pushed myself on the quidditch pitch, and our team got a share of the Cup this term, which was a nice send-off for Zeph. I'm really going to miss having Cora at school to talk with, but, at least Emma is still here. With NEWTs coming, I really hope I'm not to be subjected to what Linny did to me going into Fifth Year.

SEVENTH YEAR: Well, I was lucky enough to have my summer uninterrupted by a 'NEWTs Boot Camp', but that was because Linny was busy on some assignment for Gringotts which took her out of the country for months at a stretch. However, Momma and Da were there to make sure I studied, and Mother Grey was coaching me on my Potions and Herbology, so it's not like I got scot-free of my studies.

Getting back to Hogwarts, I thought for sure this would be Hufflepuff's year to win the Cup, especially since we came so close last year. Yeah, that didn't happen. After narrowly losing to Gryffindor, getting thumped hard by Slytherin, we gave Ravenclaw a good hard fight. We won, or so I was told after the match, as I was knocked out by a Bludger shortly before Mel caught the Snitch.

On the bright side, I got to join the newly-created Art Club. One would have thought somebody would have created such a club ages ago, but apparently not, and its was being a run by the Second Year, Dris, whom Headmaster Steele caught painting the walls of the Great Hall in his sleep. Yeah, 'sleep painting'; just when I thought I'd seen as much weird as this place could put up.

Even though I only had eight NEWTs to study for (not like Linny whom had eighteen of them), it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Thankfully, my class schedule worked out that I had a four day school week, so I had extra time for studies, and art projects, and my Prefect duties. My last art project at the school was creating my very own dragon, which I got to fly around the Art room and breathe fire. It's a pity I couldn't bring George home with me, it would have been cool to see the reactions he would have gotten.

But now, it's over. I've graduated, sailed across the Black Lake one last time, and watched my home of seven years fade into the mists. I was so self-assured when I told Emma of my plans for the future at the Sorting Feast, but now the future's here, and I'm more than a little scared....

POST GRADUATION: Well, all of a sudden school was done with, and yeah, the future is pretty scary when its staring you in the face. I had my plans, hopes and dreams. If nothing else, Linny promised me that she'd help me bankroll starting up my own art studio, but she required that I have a serious business plan in place before she parted with a Knut. However, I wanted to take a shot at the dream Fianna and I have had since we were kids running around the yard: flying for Ireland. I got my shot to tryout for the team, which is all I really wanted them, and I got on the team. Now, I'm playing professional Quidditch. How cool is that?

At one point, Kai Bannister and I were started to date, and then he just vanished from my life, rather like how Layton dropped out of Linnie's life. To this day, I don't know what happened or why, but maybe it was just as well, as a new person entered my life. Conall Cavendish is from another Wizarding family, who's had strong ties with the Greys for centuries. I was a bit wary at first, since it was Mother Grey whom arranged for us to meet, but after meeting him I was glad she'd intervened on my behalf. The two of us started dating, and after a while we just decided to get married.

We were married in 2042, a few days before Christmas, in a beautiful traditional ceremony. A few months later, I found out I was pregnant. It was an exciting and kind of scary at the same time, as I had to step away from Quidditch after a while when it got too risky for me to continue playing. However, it was an opportunity to start working on getting that art studio I'd been dreaming of since I was in school.

September 13th, 2044, little Linsey came into the world, born within the walls of the Grey Priory, as was meant to be. The three of us, Conall, Linsey and I are a family, and right now, things are good.

Getting into the next year (2045), Lynn fulfilled a promise she made me some years previously, and helped me open up my art studio, and a small gallery for displaying the works of others. Lynn was putting up some of the 'seed money' as a business investment, while the family attorney handled the legal end of things. Granted, I can't do much during Quidditch season, aside from producing the occasional piece, so we have another family friend run the place when I can't.

(2052) The gallery is doing well enough we were able to purchase the adjacent property, and now I'm sponsoring other young artists, Muggle and wizarding folk alike. I've set up space specifically for doing showings for guest artists, and there's a magically concealed gallery area set aside for the presentation of more magical art pieces.

Relationships:

FAMILY: Conall Cavendish (Husband), Linsey Grey-Cavendish (Daughter), Livinia Grey (Mother), Hugh Grey (Father), Lochlainn MacDavis (brother-in-law), Fianna MacDavis-Grey (sister), Finn MacDavis-Grey (nephew), Freya Aisling MacDavis-Grey (niece), Selina Grey (adopted older sister, Cousin), Mother Grey (grandmother), Canaan Grey (cousin).

FRIENDS: Pippa Clarkson, Emma Bailey, Kai Bannister, Marine Wellis, Clementine Fenwick, Cordelia (Winthrop) Vann

BEST FRIEND: Emma Bailey

ROMANTIC INTEREST: I had several relationships, after I got out of school, and none of them were really serious, and it wasn't until I started dating Conall that I got serious with any boyfriend. Now, we're happily married.

ENEMIES - - -

PETS: A little black and white cat I recieved from Linny a while back, after she rescued him from the Transfiguration OWL exams. His name is 'Evan', short for 'Evanesco', the Vanishing charm.

Patronus: A large, mastiff-sized Dire Badger named 'Squeaky'

Happy Memory to summon my Patronus: Baking oatmeal cookies at Christmas with my grandmother when I was eight years old.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:52 pm
Fianna MacDavis-Grey

BASICS:

NICKNAMES: Fi, or Anna

BIRTHDAY: August 22, 2021

BLOOD STATUS: Pureblood

WAND: Eleven inches, cedar with Unicorn tail hair

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Hetero

FACE-CLAIM: Lilliana Mumy

SCHOOLING and EMPLOYMENT:

ATTENDED: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

HOUSE: Gryffindor

YEAR: Graduated (Class of 2035)

BEST LESSONS:

■ Charms
■ Defense Against the Dark Arts
■ Potions

WORST LESSONS:
■ Herbology
■ Transfiguration
■ Astronomy

OWL SCORES:

Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Alchemy ~ O
Art ~ O
Cursebreaking ~ O
Healing ~ O
Mythology ~ O
Wandless Magic Practice ~ O
Wizard Law ~ O

NEWT SCORES:

Charms ~ O
Defense Against The Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ E
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Alchemy ~ O
Art ~ A
Cursebreaking ~ A
Healing ~ A
Wandless Magic Practice Class ~ E
Wizard Law ~ A

Languages Known: English, Irish Gaelic

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT: Seeker for the Irish National Quidditch Team. During the off-season I'm a singer and guitar player in a band with some friends.

DREAM JOB: I'm a Quidditch player for the Irish National Team, and so I'm living the dream right now. Not sure what I want to do next, but I'm keeping my eyes open for new opportunities.

PERSONALITY:

■ Optimistic. Yeah, I know bad stuff happens, but I don’t let it get me down.
■ Confident. I know I can do things, if people would just give me the chance.
■ People say I have more guts than brains. Dunno what they mean by that, although I did scare my folks when I first tried flying a real broomstick instead of the stupid ol’ toy they gave me. Maybe that’s why I want to be a Seeker or Chaser.
■ I hate being bored, so I have to have some kind of project going
■ When I set my mind to something, I’ll stick it out until its done.
■ I like good stuff, you know, really nice meals, riding in fancy cars, cool clothes.

■ Sweets in general, but I love strawberries
■ Green and white, which are the colours of the Irish National team
■ My big sister, Hannah, and my cousin, Linny, who’s also like my big sister
■ Having a bunch of friends over. Playing music, laughing and talking, that kind of stuff.

DISLIKES:
■ Brussel Sprouts, without a doubt, it’s pretty obviously the product of sick minds whom like to torture children by making them eat them. Cauliflower and Broccoli isn’t great either, no matter how Ma or Mother Grey make it.
■ Being told I have to wait for stuff to happen. Why can’t other people be ready when I am?
■ Being bored out of my skull.
■ Not really having a boyfriend
■ People lying or sugarcoating things for me; tell me what’s going on for crying out loud, I can take it.

HOBBIES:
■ I play music with a band during the off-season. I'm lead singer and I play guitar
■ Board games, like my sister
■ I like to make clothes with my sister, and paint.

STRENGTHS:
■ I can adapt to change pretty quickly. I may or may not like it, but I can roll with it.
■ I’m good at keeping my word and secrets.

WEAKNESSES:
■ if I’m not otherwise occupied, um, well, my mind starts going in other directions.
■ I really want to have others notice what I do. I want praise.

FEARS:
■ Being all alone
■ Thunderstorms, but not the normal ones, I mean the big scary ones which come in from the sea with high winds and high seas. You know, the really nasty gales or hurricanes.

Patronus: A large lion named 'Aslan'.
Happy Memory to Summon Patronus:Getting and flying on my first broomstick.

Special Abilities:
Apparation Status: Licensed

Languages:

■ English (Native), Full fluency
■ Irish Gaelic (Spoken at home), full fluency
■ Latin (studied for Religion Class), partial literacy
■ French (studied at school) can read it better than I can speak it

HISTORY:

Childhood: Fianna Grey was the younger daughter born to Hugh and Livinia Grey on 22 August 2021. As is the family’s custom, she came into the world in the comfortable surroundings of the Grey Priory, the Grey Family’s ancestral stronghold, with many members of her family, including her older sister, in attendance.

Growing up the youngest child of two Pureblood spellcasters, Fianna was surrounded by and was aware of magic from a very early age. When she was quite little, she would watch her older sister make her favourite toys float through the air, and make ‘faery lights’ appear to keep her entertained and help her go to sleep. She would listen to Irish National team matches being played on the family’s Wizard Wireless with her father, and would watch her cousins play games at get-togethers, and so, Fianna developed a keen interest in the game, and a real desire to play when she was old enough.

When Fianna and her family went on vacation on the island of Skellig, along with Selina and her family, a powerful gale struck the island, causing the house they were staying in to collapse on top of her, her sister, Selina and her younger brother, Robert. While three of the kids were basically unharmed, Selina was badly injured shielding her cousins and her baby brother from falling debris, and needed to be hospitalized. Since that night, both sisters were deathly afraid of huge storms.

Recently, Fianna started showing signs of being a witch, when a series of small magical accidents occurred around her, and it was determined she was the cause. Her parents were just glad they weren’t incidents which required the Ministry to hush up like what happened with her older sister.

SCHOOL YEARS:

The Sorting:
The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Always chart your own path my dear.
That's not for me to decide.
What is for me to decide, is your house,
And that would be...

Gryffindor!

FIRST YEAR: Wow, where to start..oh, I guess at the beginning. Yeah, I was so excited when I got my letter from Hogwarts; now I'd go to school with my big sister and Linny. It was like a dream come true when I saw the castle, and then I got Sorted into Gryffindor. First time out, I made the House team as the backup Seeker. It was too bad I couldn't get onto the pitch, but maybe I'll get my chance next year. The Herbology teacher Linny raves about is one scary dude (how is a guy like that allowed to be in the same room alone with kids?), and Transfiguration is a tough class. I've been asking my friends for help, because I don't want to stick Linny with having to tutor me like she does Hannah. At least I managed to pass all my classes, and Linny to take me broomstick shopping this summer.

SECOND YEAR: My first summer after coming home from Hogwarts was so exciting. I got to go to the big Celtic Music Festival in Waterford with Hannah and Linny, and we had so much fun listening to the music and trying all the foods they had there. Hannah and I managed to con Linny into going up on stage to sing, and she surprised us all when she managed to belt out 'Siúil a Rúin' in front of everyone, and I'm pretty sure she was singing it for Layton, or at least she was thinking of him, since he wasn't there. We also got to see the Irish National Team play a match, and I got to see my idol, Shayna Clarisse, in action. If that wasn't enough, Linny took me to Diagon Alley, and she got me my broomstick. It was just the two of us, like she was my big sister, and we had dinner in London at a fancy restaurant like we were all grown up.

Coming back to school was kinda a shock since so many of my schoolmates had grown so much I almost didn't recognize them (especially Benny. Wow, how did he get so big?), but thankfully, I got to ride up with Aria, so I wasn't all by myself. I made the Quidditch team as the backup Seeker behind Ivy again, which was nice, since I've got maybe another year before it's my turn to be on the first team. Some of my classes were really hard, like Transfiguration and Herbology; hard enough that I had to have Linny tutor me when she wasn't busy helping Hannah with her schoolwork. I'm hoping next year I won't need to do that, because I don't want to depend on her help just get through my year. Still, at least I passed all my classes, and it was an okay term (even if our team won only one game, and our House came dead last in the House Cup standings).

We're home now, and there's something going on with Linny, and a big scary-looking black dog which Hannah keeps calling a 'grim'. Wonder what that's all about...

THIRD YEAR: Yeah, Hannah had us all worked up over nothing. Here we were thinking Linny might die or maybe our grandmother, and it turns out the 'grim' was just a big ol' black dog that we've taken in. It was cool helping a ghost pass on and all, but, really, Hannah scared the hell out of us. Hannah and Linny were not in a good place all summer and starting school either, and I was pretty mad when Linny started being mean to my sister. She's not stupid, you know, she just likes having her fun, and she doesn't like letting go of summer. I got her back, though, by tricking her into joining the Music Club with me, and embarrassing her by getting her to sing by herself in front of a bunch of students. Compared to Linny and my sister, I had an easy year; I even managed to avoid needing to ask my cousin for study help, which was a good thing, since she got sick a few times during the term, which isn't like her.

FOURTH YEAR: This was my first year as the Seeker for the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and boy did that ever put the pressure on me to do well when I got out on the pitch. We actually won two games this year, and got a share of the Quidditch Cup, which isn't bad considering how the House hadn't won anything in like ten years. Would have been nice to get the House Cup too, but that wasn't in the cards. It was kinda weird not having our older cousin at school this year, Linny wasn't there to help us if we needed help with our schoolwork, but I managed to get through my classes with a little help from Hannah and my friends. Other than that, it was pretty quiet year. Of course, next year I've got OWLs, and maybe other things will start falling my way...

FIFTH YEAR: I'm glad Linny has a job which took her out of the country, only so I wouldn't have to endure the sort of cram sessions my sister did a couple years ago. Of course, my grades haven't been the issue they were with Hannah, but still, I studied hard over the summer, and I borrowed some of Linny's study guides to help me along. I also spent time with Mother Grey, who gave me a lot of pointers on Herbology and Potions, and a few insights into Care of Magical Creatures. It's really too bad she couldn't teach at Hogwarts. When we got back to school, I was really thinking this would be Gryffindor's year to shine on the Quidditch pitch, but it sucked we had to play all our games in one big lump at the front of the season. It meant we couldn't have anyway to know what we needed to win the Cup, and no way to help ourselves later on. It didn't help that I was having problems finding and catching the Snitch from the start of tryouts onward. As a result, we barely beat Hufflepuff, I got smoked by Rhys in the match against Ravenclaw, and the match against Slytherin was just humiliating. I really thought about just calling it career right then, but Gid helped buck me up. Everyone has a bad game or two, and this year the whole team was just unable to put it together. Another disappointment was not making Prefect, or Vice Captain of any of the clubs I'm in; Linny tells me having leadership positions are important, as it shows my elders trust my judgement, which helps later in life. On the plus side, an Art Club was started up, and Hannah and I signed on for that. It gave us the chance to bond with other artists, and do projects which weren't just to earn class credit. I also gave Professor Hawthorne a painting I did, which just thrilled her to receive. I studied hard for my OWLs, and the exams seemed to take forever, but I put up sixteen 'Outstanding' scores, which thrilled my folks. I'm looking toward a career as a Witch Watcher or an Auror now, if playing professional Quidditch doesn't pan out for me, and I'm planning out what classes to take when I start my Sixth Year.

SIXTH YEAR: Okay, I got sixteen Outstandings on my OWLs, which really made Momma and Da proud when they saw my grades arrive after school was done. Of course, now I've really set the bar pretty high for what they expect out of me when I take my NEWTs, so I started trimming down classes so I could concentrate on what I really felt I needed for m future career. Linny really helped me there, at least on the rare times she was home, way more than Hannah could, since she's stressing about getting her own life on track now she's graduated from Hogwarts, and needs to get a job. Just before I left the school, she got her shot at trying out for the Irish National Team, and she landed a spot as the starting Beater. How cool is that? Now, I have to do my part to make our dream from childhood a reality.

I made it a mission this year to do better this year, playing Quidditch, as I knew no team would seriously look at a Seeker whom performed as poorly as I had last season. Tryouts went way better than they did last term for me, and I got off to a good start beating Mel to the Snitch in our first match against Hufflepuff. We also broke Slytherin's unbeaten streak in the second match, though only barely so. Sure enough, I got a slow start against Ravenclaw, and doomed our shot at the Quidditch and House Cup again this year. Sure, we had a good season, but it feels like a lost oppourtunity not having the Cup to hoist at the end of the year, and not having that signature win to prove to pro scouts I could be the real deal here. Now, I only have three more school matches left to make my case.

Quidditch aside, I had fun at my clubs, and it was nice to see Dris bring the Art Club back for another term. I got the chance to play my guitar and sing at Music Club, and I was thankful Peter Whyte chose to be a jerk somewhere other than there. It was also great having the chance to work with my dueling partner, Reyna at Dueling Club, and have fun with her and Raymond at Fencing Club.

Now, with my sixth year done, there's the summer, and then the last term school. Yeah, I've got a lot to do, and the clock's ticking.

SEVENTH YEAR: Yeah, this year really didn't go at all well for me, I suppose it's a wonder I even got through things as well as I did. Got off on the wrong foot straight out of the gate, blundering into things at the train station. Here it was, I was wanting to have fun with Aria on the ride up, and ended up screwing up things with her and Arden. Right there in front of a lot of students, which really didn't do much to help my reputation at school (and it isn't all that flattering to start with). Decided to just Apparate to Hogsmeade instead of dealing with the train, and just hung out in the village until it was time for the Sorting Feast.

Quidditch tryouts went okay, well enough I got the starting job, and clubs went okay except for Peter Whyte making a Grade-A (although it could have been scored as an 'EE' or an 'O') a** of himself when he was confronting his sister over something. Right then, I thought he and Dris were about to come to blows, and a scrum could have started there and then in Art Club, but thankfully, Peter chose to leave. On a positive note, I got to jam with a new member of the Music Club, Maximillian Leonis, and that was a lot of fun.

The Quidditch season was a disaster, and after I failed to get the Snitch in our match with Hufflepuff, Eve took me to task. Not for failing to do my job (and it was my failure; everyone else did well, and I acknowledged this), but for lowering everyone else's morale, and if I didn't get a better attitude I was getting cut from the team. Much of my problem was my stressing over NEWTs, but there was also the disappointment I had in my career at school. Here I was a Seventh Year, and had very little to show for my time here: unlike Hannah or Linnie I wasn't a Prefect, not a Captain or Co-Captain in any of the clubs I was in (and, we won't even discuss my romantic relationships, as in lack of), none of that. Now, I was in jeopardy of losing the one thing I had accomplished, and screwing things up for myself after graduation.

So, I changed my attitude, embracing a 'happy warrior' or 'bread and circuses' philosophy, and I laughed when that half-goblin kid on the Slytherin squad beat me out. If nothing else he did to me what I'd done myself in one of my first matches, except now I was the old veteran getting the business as it were. With the Cup out of reach, I almost wouldn't have cared if we got swept this term, since Dris was playing Seeker in our last match (and I would have been okay with him getting a win), except this was my last match and I needed a win. So, we won walking away, and I ended my career as Seeker with a .500 win percentage. Not bad, but not what I wished for either.

The last part of term was spent busting tail for NEWTs, as the last thing I wanted to do was repeat my year or flunk my exams. More than anything, I wanted to do well, so I had something positive to show for my time here, and so I had what I needed to build up for when I was gone. By the time the feast came around I wasn't feeling nostalgic, I was just good and glad to be getting the bloody heck out of there. It's not like I didn't have good times at Hogwarts, but this was not a good year, and not the way I wanted to wrap up my academic career.

POST GRADUATION: After crossing the Black Lake on the boats, marking the end of my time at Hogwarts, I went to Hogsmeade Station, and found Linny was already waiting for me. When we met up last, on a Hogsmeade weekend, we made plans to meet up at the station, so we could depart by other means, as the last thing I really wanted was to be bounced around in the back of the train one more time, sharing a compartment with people whom barely acknowledged my existence (not that I wanted to bother with them either, so the feeling was mutual), and I was pretty sure Aria would rather spend her time with other people. So we Apparated away, and spent the day having fun in Paris, before returning to London, showing up at King's Crossing in time to 'meet the train' as it arrived, and be there when Momma and Da got there to pick me up from school for the last time, without them any the wiser about our little detour. Certain appearances had to be maintained after all.

One of my priorities after getting out of school was to fulfill my promise to Hannah, and to realize the dream we'd had since we were kids: making the Irish National Team. While we'd been playing the game since we were old enough to fly (well, not really. I was riding around on a broomstick before that), we never flew together on the same team, and played against each other when we were in school (although Hannah was a Beater for Hufflepuff, she tried very hard never to be in a position to shoot Bludgers my way if she had a choice in the matter). I was so nervous when I tried for the team, considering my win record at school was a bit spotty, especially my final year, and it didn't help that I'd so many issues with our team captain. When I didn't hear back from them for a while afterward, I started to worry that things wouldn't work out.

Happily, I made the team, which gave me such a boost in my confidence. Originally, I figured I'd be a clipboard caddy, learning the professional game under Shayna Clarisse, whom I idolized since I was a kid. As it worked out, I soon had the starting job. Hannah and I finally had our chance to fly and play together on the same team. Recently, though, Hannah needed to go on maternity leave, so we didn't have the chance to compete together, but I got be an aunt, and that was pretty cool.

Outside of Quidditch, I've been busy with my other interests. I've been keeping up with my painting, and I send the occasional canvas to Professor Hawthorne. I've also been pursuing my musical interests, singing and playing guitar in a band during the off-season. Not long ago, I had the pleasure of being the maid of honour at Hannah's wedding to Conaal Cavendish, and was there when she gave birth to her first child. Now, if only I could find a boyfriend of my own...

Hmmm, funny how things can work out if you let them. One of the members of the band, Lachlainn Mac Davis and I were soon starting to be more than friends and bandmates. Started innocently enough, going out for drinks after gigs, but it soon became more than that. Going back to my place, he spotted an old Gryffindor Quidditch jersey I kept in a frame, and that was when we realized why both of us thought we were so familiar to each other: he was a Gryffindor alumnus, though he was a couple years ahead of me (and would have matriculated with Hannah's class), and so we never shared any classes. After having a good laugh, we shared old school stories over butterbeers, and were both relieved we wouldn't need to come up with c**k-and-bull stories to hide our pasts from each other.

Our band has become a regular at the local Celtic Music Festival in Tramore, and now my younger cousin, Canaan has been sitting in occasionally as a session player, as he can play acoustic, six-string and twelve-string guitar, and the electric versions as well. He now takes Lynn's old six-string guitar with him to school, since I gave it into his care, and since his voice has stopped cracking and has settled into a nice tenor range, he sings with the band, at least on some of the songs when I'm not singing. Recently, Lochlainn and I decided to finally get married, since we've been dating for some years now, and both of our families are throwing not-so-subtle hints that we need to do something about our relationship. Good thing too, since ... um, well ...

Well that cat's out of the bag. Not long after we got married, December 22nd of 2050, we found out I was pregnant. Needless to say I've been leave with the Quidditch team, and I've traveled sparingly with the Causeway Hares, although I was able to make the annual music festival in Tramore. August 25th 2051, my own little addition to the family came into the world. Finneas MacDavis Grey was born in the same Grey Priory where all of us were born.

Summer of 2056 was pretty eventful, in that the Causeway Hares performed live at the big Arts Festival sponsored by Gringotts in Diagon Alley. Shortly afterwards, I needed to travel to the Grey Priory as I was soon to give birth, and it was my wish that my children be born where I had been, surrounded by our family. On September 1st, little Freya Aisling MacDavis arrived in the world in much the same way as I, delivered by Mother Grey, while all of us were gathered there to welcome her.

Relationships:

Family: Hugh Grey (father), Livinia Grey (mother), Mother Grey (grandmother) Siobhan Grey-Cavendish (older sister), Conall Cavendish (brother-in-law), Linsey Grey-Cavandish (niece), Selina Grey (cousin), Lochlainn MacDavis (husband), Finneas 'Finn' MacDavis-Grey (son), Freya Aisling MacDavis-Grey (daughter).

Friends: Benjamin Bates, Aria Solarin, Richard Devereaux, Reyna Whyte, members of the Causeway Hares (our Celtic rock band)

Best Friend: Aria Solarin

Romantic Relations: Lochlainn MacDavis, my husband

Enemies: Nobody, I hope.

Pets: Daniel J. Tiger (an Orange Siberian Tabby, half-kneazle). He’s bigger now, but he's still a bitty little thing. Linny gave him to me as a birthday gift before I started my first term.  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:27 pm
Name: Canaan Grey

Basic Information:

Nicknames: ‘Kay’

Birthday: April 30th, 2033

Blood Status: Pureblood

Wand: Willow wood, smooth and flexible, Dragon Heartstrings as the core, with a length of eleven inches.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Marital Status: Married to Annabella 'Annie' Clodagh Sheehan Grey

Face Claim: Garret Ryan

School and Career:

Attended: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

House: Ravenclaw

Year: Alumnus, Graduated with the Class of 2051

Best Lessons:

■ History of Magic
■ Herbology
■ Potions

Worst Lessons:
■ Astronomy
■ Flying

Clubs:

■ Music Club
■ Ravenclaw Quidditch Team (1st Year: Reserve Chaser, 2nd Year: Reserve Keeper, 3rd Year: Reserve Keeper, 4th Year: Reserve Keeper, Fifth Year: Reserve Chaser, Sixth Year: First Team Chaser, Seventh Year Chaser)
■ Herbology Club (Mentor, Sixth Year and Seventh Year)

OWL Scores:

Astronomy ~ A
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ EE
Alchemy ~ EE
Music ~ O
Wandless Magic ~ A

NEWT Scores:

Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ E
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ E
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ E

Alchemy ~ E
Music ~ O
Wandless Magic ~ A

Current Employment: Potioneer with the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers

Dream Job: Not sure, really. Maybe a Herbologist or a Potioneer, maybe a Cursebreaker, or I could raise dogs like Mom and Da. I suppose it is too much to ask to have my path set before me already.

Personality:

■ Curious- I like to learn the how and the why of things; it isn’t enough for me to be told ‘this is how it is’. There’s a story behind why things are so, and I want to know what it is.
■ Empathetic- Well, sort of. I mean, don’t get me wrong, people are okay and all, but I prefer the company of a dog (or several) or maybe a cat to having a lot of folk around. Dogs like me, but then dogs always seem to know who their friends are.
■ Detail-Oriented- It isn’t enough to get something done; it needs to be done right. The ‘T’ crossed, the ‘I’ dotted. I guess, I could have a bit of OCD going here.
■ Focused- This kinda feeds into the bit above, if you follow me here. If I get stuck into some project which I am enthused with, I will lose all track of time and whatever else is going on around me.
■ Loyal- No matter what I stick by my friends and family. I may not necessarily have a lot of friends, but mates are mates.
■ Expressive- I may not be as big into art and drawing like my cousins, but I seem to have inherited a passion for music, particularly Irish folk music.

■ I’m an Irish Team supporter (gee, two of my cousins play for Ireland)
■ I love dogs. I like animals in general, but I like dogs best.
■ Strawberries and chocolate
■ I love folk music and the stories of our homeland
■ Reading

Dislikes:

■ Being made to stay still and wait for things to happen
■ Bullies in general, anyone who hurts animals in particular
■ Religion class at school: the history is interesting, the catechisms I can do without
■ Crowds and especially loud people. They give me headaches.
■ Being interrupted when I’m focused upon something I’m doing.

Hobbies:
■ Quidditch (not necessarily playing the game, but I am a student of the game)
■ Gardening
■ Music: I play an acoustic guitar (6 and a 12-string) as well as an electric guitar, and I can sing well. On occasion, I am a session player with my cousin's band, the Causeway Hares

Strengths:
■ Once I get stuck into a project, I’ll just keep going on it till it is done.
■ An attention to the details.

Weaknesses:

■ I really lose track of time and other stuff if I get focused in on something.
■ My social skills aren’t the best.

Fears:

■ Dragons
■ Snakes

Patronus: A large spectral mastiff
Happy Memory to Summon Patronus:

Special Abilities: Animagus
Animagus Form: Large Irish Wolfhound
Apparation Status: Licensed

Languages:

■ English (Native), Full fluency
■ Irish Gaelic (Spoken at home), full fluency
■ Latin (studied for Religion Class), full fluency
■ French (can speak it better than read it), partial fluency

History:

Childhood: Canaan was born in the last hour of the last day of April in the year of 2033 to his parents, Connor and Moya Grey, on a clear night of the new moon. As is their tradition, he was born at the Grey Family Priory, just outside of Tramore, with Mother Grey acting as midwife, and much of the rest of the family in attendance. According to the family’s stories, when Canaan came into the world, a previously unlit candle flickered to light, and all the family’s dogs began to howl as if greeting the newborn member of their pack.

While he seemed to be a normal enough kid, Canaan did show some signs of being something a bit different. On several occasions, strange dogs would approach him, even ones known to be vicious, and start treating him like he were an old friend; and it was eventually considered normal for him to have at least two or three canine friends camped out in his room at any given time.

School Years: Canaan attended the same primary school his cousins, Siobhan and Fianna, had, and had some of the same teachers they had. As he went through school it became clear he was a conscientious student and inquisitive, and while this latter trait served him well in many of his subjects, it caused him issues in his religious classes. While there was never a question of his faith, Canaan had a habit of asking questions his teacher had difficulty answering to his satisfaction. The family necessarily kept close watch in the event he started exhibiting signs of being a wizard.

As he got older, signs were soon observed of his nascent magical ability awakening. Favourite toys were observed to fly in his direction, and he seemed able to cause motes of light to appear in the middle of the air. However, things came to a head the day he saw a boy throwing rocks at a stray dog, while walking home from school. Canaan was angered by this act of casual cruelty and horrified when one of the rocks seemed to bounce off thin air and reflect back at the kid who threw it, as he was pretty sure he caused it. After he reported this incident to his parents, Canaan was home-schooled, though he was allowed to keep in contact with his school chums.

Then one day an owl from the Ministry arrived with a letter from Hogwarts, and the real adventure began…

The Sorting Hat: The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....

A curious one, aren't you?
I do indeed remember, if not all, at least most
Now, as for you, I think it'll be
Ravenclaw!

First Year: The adventure begins, eh? Right, it all seemed like a dream until the time came for me to get my books and other stuff in Diagon Alley, and I'm pretty sure Mum and Da just weren't ready for the idea of having me going off to school already. Still, I got a send-off from the whole family. I mean, Cousin Lynn came in from overseas, and even Mother Grey came with us to see me board the train. She made a real big deal about the importance of the family's traditions and honour, and how I was carrying all that with me. Yeah, nothing like laying a load of expectations upon me.

I got to school and started making the acquaintance of the other new students. There's one girl, Margeaux, whom is from some Pureblood family; she seemed okay, but she actually asked our Herbology teacher if we'd actually be required to get our hands dirty. That seems a little out of touch to me, but I guess it takes all kinds. Professor Hill seems pretty creepy too, but I think I will learn a lot from him. Oh, and I got accepted into Lynn's old House, which will make her pleased, I'm sure, and I made the House Quidditch team. Admittedly, I'm just an alternate, but I'm a Chaser, and that's pretty cool. I also joined the school Music Club, and started making friends there as well.

Shortly after I returned home, I found out I would get one of the newly born pups to take to school next term. I got the pick of the litter, and I picked out one of the male pups, and named him Connla, after the son of Cuchulainn of legend, though one hopes he doesn't suffer the same fate. Still, he'll be just old enough to leave home when the day comes to return to school.

Second Year:

Third Year: Over the summer, I had the chance to perform in concert with my cousin Fianna and her band, which was a lot of fun, and, of course, we attended the annual Celtic Music Festival. This year, Connla was nearly full grown when we returned to school, and by the time the term was done he weighed in at 120 pounds. Thankfully he's a gentle giant, as he could seriously knock people over without meaning to. I got to ride up to the school with Margaux, which I really enjoyed that. Made the Quidditch team again, and was a Reserve Keeper behind Benjamin, which is fine, as I'm not the best flyer around.

This year I added a few new classes to schedule: Alchemy, Care of Magical Creatures, Music, and Wandless, as they covered many of my interests, and likely career choices I have in mind.

Fourth Year: This was a rather uneventful year. I made the Quidditch team again, acting as Reserve Keeper behind Benjamin again, and worked hard in my classes. I'm certainly looking forward to this year's Music Festival, as I'll be able to bring along an old Rickenbacker twelve-string guitar to play, in addition to my old acoustic guitar.

Fifth Year: Well, this year did not have what one might say a good start for me. I was pretty bummed I didn't earn a Prefect position, as I wanted to follow in the footsteps of my cousins, Lynn and Siobhan, especially the former, whom told me how important having those accolades in one's school resume was. Cousin Fianna set me straight on the subject, explaining to me that if I didn't have those things it wasn't the end of the world, and I should learn to manage my expectations. So long as my grades were solid and my reputation unsullied, there was nothing to be ashamed of.

I also had to return to school without Connla. Over the summer, he took ill, and as the time to get back to Hogwarts approached, my parents determined it was unwise to have him accompany me and possibly get other students' canine friends sick as well. I was concerned he might die, as Wolfhounds don't necessarily live so long. However, when I came home for Christmas, he came bounding out of the house to greet me, whole, hale and healthy as usual.

This term, I also changed positions, trying out as a Chaser, rather than as a Keeper, as if I didn't, there was likely no shot of me ever getting into a real match at school, not so long as Ben was on the team. Though I was still a Reserve, there's a good chance next year I'll be on the first team.

Of course, this term was all about OWLs, and I was working my tail off preparing for them. I worked with Mother Grey over the summer, which gave me a good opportunity to get more practical experience with my Potions and Herbology studies, while Lynn offered to tutor me in Alchemy and Transfiguration, as she was between assignments with Gringotts. Having that made my preparations a lot easier, but I still put in long hours, pouring over my notes and my books.

There was a Valentines dance at the school, which I attended, although I didn't really do much other than enjoy the music and the food. I'd considered asking Margaux out for the occasion, but I wasn't sure how she'd react, and I wanted to ask Annie for a dance, but couldn't pluck up the nerve to ask her. Yeah, I know, kinda pathetic, but there it is.

Thankfully, when the term was done, I had good grades to show for my efforts on my OWLs, and I had something to look forward to shortly after coming home: the Music Festival.

Sixth Year: One thing was nice about the start of this term was being able to ride up to Hogwarts with Annie. Got to show her pictures from the music festival, and I offered to take her to next year's festival. I would really like the chance to have a date with Annie, as I've always liked her. Another cool thing that happened was finally being selected as a starter for this year's version of the House Quidditch team. To complete the trifecta of coolness, I got accepted into the Apportation and the Animagus classes at school. I'm really looking forward to being able to simple go where I want when I want without needing a broom. There's also the question of what sort of being I'll turn into as an animagus.

Seventh Year: Over the summer, I took Annie to the Music Festival, and even sang a song specifically for her at one of the sets which I played with my cousin and the band she's with. During winter break, I attended my Cousin Fi's wedding, as she finally married her longtime boyfriend. Played on the House Quidditch team, although the season was largely forgettable, which was a pity. Of course, this being my final year at Hogwarts, much of time and energy was devoted to my NEWTs, as how well I do on them will largely determine my career options. I made sure I took time out for my music, and spending time with Annie, as I didn't want to end up like my cousin and checking into the Hospital Wing for exhaustion (though I'm pretty sure that might be a family story and something of an exaggeration, because nobody's that much of a workaholic). All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with my final grades, and I'm going to miss the school now my time here is done.

Postgraduation:

With school done with, I spent much of the summer helping out with running the family business, raising a new generation of wolfhounds. Connla has sired yet another brood of pups, ensuring the line of Cúchulainn remains alive and well. I also took time to work in the family garden, and help Mother Grey. Naturally, I was also spending a goodly amount of time with Annie. As we've gotten closer, I've been helping her get over her fear of dogs, letting her find out there really aren't any 'bad' dogs, just bad owners who make them do bad things.

When I felt confident to do so, and after the results of my NEWTs were in, I pushed forward my application to the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers. It didn't hurt to have Mother Grey's endorsement on my application, and knowing other members of the society, aiding my entry. I was soon accepted into their ranks, which helped me along with one of my other goals: asking to marry Annie.

Dad told me not to even contemplate marrying 'that dear, sweet girl' until I had my own affairs in place, in that I had my career in place, so that money would not become an issue. I also needed to ask permission of our clan chieftain to marry Annie. In all honesty, this is a matter of tradition, especially considering the mix of bloodlines which have been brought into the Grey family over the centuries. Mother Grey gave me her bemused look, and answered my request with 'what are you waiting on me for? Go ask her already.'

The clincher was when I was up in Dublin, having traveled there to play a gig with Fianna and the band. While strolling about looking at the shops, I spotted 'the' ring, and immediately bought it. It was almost as though somebody somewhere was telling me that the time had come. Spring of 2052, we took a trip to visit the White Cliffs of Dover, and it was there I proposed to Annie.

2054 Got married to Annie on Christmas Eve, received a house and a plot of land outside Tramore as a wedding present from the family.
2056- first child born
2058- second child born

Relationships:

Family: Connor Grey (Father), Moya Grey (Mother), Selina Grey, Fianna MacDavis-Grey, Siobhan Grey-Cavendish (Cousins), Mother Grey (Family Matriarch, and hereditary Clan Chieftain), Annabella Clodagh Sheehan-Grey (wife), Braeden Grey (son), Claddaugh Grey (daughter)

Friends: Margaux Héloïse Lévesquex, Annabella Clodagh Sheehan

Best Friend: Annabella Clodagh Sheehan (she better be, I married her)

Romantic Interest: Annabella Clodagh Sheehan (engaged as Spring 2052, married December 24th, 2054)

Enemies: None, I hope.

Pets: Connla, one of Cúchulainn's grandpups, and at 120 pounds he's definitely not the little pup he used to be. Being an Irish Wolfhound, he's large and strong, and he'll lick you to death if he likes you.

Update Log: (Signature Access by Crew Only)

Created:
Pending:
Updated: April 16th, 2019
Updated: January 2nd, 2020
Updated: July 19th, 2020
Updated: January 8th, 2021
Updated: February 17th, 2021

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:02 am
Name: Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Basic Information:

Nicknames: None that I would use. My Aunt Lynn calls me ‘Uain Bheag’, which is Irish for ‘Little Lamb’.

Birthday: September 13th 2044

Blood Status: Pureblood

Wand: Vine wood with Unicorn Tail Hair. Ten and a half inches long, resembling a cage of twisting and interconnected vines.

Sexual Orientation: TBD

Face Claim: Random anime picture of girl with long silvery-blonde hair

School and Career:

Attending: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

House: Ravenclaw

Year: Third

Best Lessons:

■ Art
■ Charms
■ Potions

Worst Lessons:

■ Transfiguration
■ Astronomy

Clubs:

■ Art Club
■ Cooking Club
■ Ravenclaw Quidditch Team (1st Yr: Reserve Chaser, 2nd Yr. Beater)

OWL Scores:

■ Astronomy ~ X
■ Charms ~ X
■ Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ X
■ Herbology ~ X
■ History of Magic ~ X
■ Potions ~ X
■ Transfiguration ~ X
■ Elective ~ X

NEWT Scores:

■ Astronomy ~ X
■ Charms ~ X
■ Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ X
■ Herbology ~ X
■ History of Magic ~ X
■ Potions ~ X
■ Transfiguration ~ X
■ Elective ~ X

Current Employment: Student

Dream Job: Maybe an artist, or a clothing designer, or a Quidditch player, maybe all of the above

Personality:

■ Dependable- I like being the person folks know they can rely upon to do the right thing.
■ Visually Oriented- You can almost always expect to see me with a sketchbook close at hand, working out an idea, or maybe drawing something that I thought was really cool.
■ Misty- I’ve been told that sometimes I get distracted and lose focus when I’m doing something boring. It’s not my fault that I get lost sometimes in a neat idea or something catches my eye.
■ Brave- Mom taught me a few things about playing Quidditch, one of them was if you try to avoid getting hurt, you’re the one that gets hit with the Bludger. Meaning: if you’re going to take a risk, take the risk, and then worry about the mess afterwards.
■ Observant- Believe it or not, despite my, um, issues with getting… well, yeah… when I do pay attention to something, I’ll pick out the details other folks might miss. Ever notice all the lines and curves etched into a Snitch? I have, and they’re pretty neat.
■ Empathetic- I always try to take other people’s feelings into consideration whenever I say things, because I don’t like making them feel bad

■ Cooking for my friends
■ Shortbread cookies. Love to make them, love to eat them. Now, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to shortbread fresh from the oven…
■ Bright colours
■ My preferred art tools are pencils and inks.
■ I love dogs, especially my Aunt Lynn’s wolfhounds.

Dislikes:

■ Getting bullied just because I don’t look like everybody else.
■ Religion classes. Must we repeat those catechisms all the time?
■ Closed in places, I need an open window, or at least a fan blowing air, or I’ll feel like I’m suffocating.
■ Really spicy food. Italian is okay, but Indian food and most curries don’t do it for me.
■ Dark, dreary days really bum me out.

Hobbies:

■ Art, primarily painting and drawing. However, I have tried her hand at designing and making her own clothes. The results have been … interesting to say the least.
■ Cooking. I love being in a kitchen and making things, particularly sweets.
■ Quidditch

Strengths:

■ Being able to work with others
■ I’ve got a good imagination

Weaknesses:

■ I kinda get lost in my thoughts and imaginings
■ I really crave the approval of others.

Fears:

■ Being all alone
■ Claustrophobic

Patronus:
Happy Memory to Summon Patronus:

Special Abilities:
Animagus Form:
Apparition Status:
Flying Certification: Yes

Languages:

■ English (Native)
■ Irish Gaelic (spoken at home), full fluency
■ Latin (studied for Religion class), full fluency
■ French (studied at school), can read it better than I can speak it

History:

Childhood: Linsey came into the world surrounded by her family and other loved ones at the Grey Priory where so many others of her kin were born. Like her mother, she was gifted with odd-coloured hair, though rather than being purple, it was a silvery-blonde in hue, and would soon grow to nearly mid-back or waist-length. It would cause Linsey no end of issues, as she had a habit of getting it caught, leaning on it, and other sometimes embarrassing situations. Her hair can be seen on occasion to actually move on its own in a random fashion, although it can, and does, respond to displays of strong emotions. It also doesn't like being pulled.

As the girl got older, she developed a close relationship with her Aunt Selina, whom doted on Linsey in the same way as a godparent would. The connection is such that Selina’s matched pair of Irish Wolfhounds, Lugh and Cuchulainn, whom are usually only really loyal to their mistress, will interact with Linsey as being a part of their pack. Selina, for her part, has a made the effort to be a significant part of Linsey’s life and education.

School Years: Like all of the other Grey children, Linsey attended a local private Catholic school. As she went through her classes her aptitude and talents garnered her attention and encouragement from her teachers, with some of her art prints being published, and a couple of them even earning for her awards at local shows exhibiting the works of new, young artists. While Linsey acquired a number of friends at school, she was also a frequent target of the mean kids, who teased her for the odd colouration of her long hair, which resisted all attempts to dye another colour or efforts to cut.

It wasn’t before long when the Greys started noticing odd magical incidents centered upon Linsey, ones which told them the girl was a witch in the making. Objects floating in the air, brushes painting pictures without being touched by anyone’s hands, and other basically harmless occurrences were the norm; however, when one of Linsey’s detractors got hurt in a rather novel fashion, requiring the Obliviators to intervene, the Greys knew the time had arrived when they needed to home-school the child.

Unfortunately, because of when Linsey’s birthday fell in the year, she ended up getting her letter late into being eleven, and so she would be arriving at Hogwarts a few days shy of her twelfth birthday. While she really wasn’t actually getting a ‘late’ start, it didn’t feel that way for Linsey, and she arrived at school hoping she wouldn’t be seen as being a late-bloomer or a slow-learner.

Her start was almost late anyway, as her trip to Hogwarts coincided with the impending arrival of her Aunt Fianna's second child, as she went into labour the day before Linsey was to board the train. Rather than stay to witness the birth of her youngest cousin, with the rest of the gathered members of the clan, she was taken to London by her Aunt Lynn (nee Selina Grey). Linsey, understandably, wanted to stay with her family for this event, claiming they needed to stay in case something went awry, and even asking what if her letter was sent by mistake, and what if she just wasn't good enough to be accepted into the school.

Selina put her young cousin's fears to rest, pointing out there were plenty of folk present to help if Fianna needed help, that the letter wasn't a mistake, and that she had it in her to be as a good a witch as anyone in her family. Linsey boarded the train, and she made the journey to Hogwarts. Arriving at the school, she waited with the others for her turn with the Sorting Hat. Linsey promised the Hat she would work really hard not to embarrass whichever House she was placed in.

The Sorting Hat:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
You've nothing to worry about, my dear
The most important person to make proud is yourself
What others think should always be secondary to that
And I think you'll make yourself quite proud in
Ravenclaw!

First Year: I really didn't want to leave home to come to Hogwarts, at least not right when Aunt Fi was about to have her baby, and the whole rest of the family was there to see it happen, but there was nothing to be done for it but make the best of the situation. I was really surprised to be accepted into Ravenclaw House, I guess maybe I'm more like my Aunt Lynn than I supposed. I tried out for the Quidditch team, and while I didn't make it onto the team itself, I did get on with the Reserves, which means I get to practice with them, wear the uniform and get extra flying time in, so that was pretty cool. It also means I need to start bugging Ma an Da to buy a new broomstick for me to fly next term.

I met a bunch of cool kids in the Cooking Club, including a kid who has a pet squirrel, which I didn't know was even allowed since they're a wild animal, and not on the supplies list. I have fun learning to make new dishes and having the chance to make some of the things Grammy taught me. Also joined the Art Club, as was suggested to me by the art teacher, Professor Hawthorne, after sneaking into her Third Year Art class.

Guess I threw her for a loop; because while ditching classes is a thing, it's rather novel having a student show up for a class they aren't even signed up for and aren't old enough to be there for. I earned the attention of my Head of House, not something I was planning on, and the privilege of being a guest in the class on occasion, as long as I'm not doing this at the expense of what I'm supposed to be doing.

It has been suggested that I should consider trying out next term as a Beater, so that I might get playing time in. I'll have to ask Ma about getting in some practice over the summer.

Second Year: This year I was able to take Blannat with me to school. He's Lugh's grandpup, and he's a real handful, literally and figuratively. He loves attention and is really curious about everything, and he'll outweigh me by next summer. I also tried out for Beater this year, after getting trained up a bit by Ma and some of her teammates on the Irish National Team. Did well enough that I made the starting line-up.

Third Year:

Fourth Year:

Fifth Year:

Sixth Year:

Seventh Year:

Postgraduation:

Relationships:

Family: Conall Cavendish (Father), Siobhan ‘Hannah’ Grey-Cavendish (Mother), Livinia Grey (Grandmother), Hugh Grey (Grandfather), Lochlainn MacDavis (Uncle), Fianna MacDavis-Grey (Aunt, 'Aunt Fi'), Finneas 'Finn' MacDavis-Grey (cousin), Freya MacDavis-Grey (cousin), Selina Grey (Aunt, godmother, 'Aunt Lynn'), Mother Grey (Great-Grandmother, 'Grammy Grey'), Canaan Grey (cousin, I think)

Friends:

Best Friend:

Romantic Interest: None

Enemies: None

Pets: I have an Irish wolfhound pup named Blannat, and is the grandpup of Aunt Lynn's wolfhound, Lugh. He has pink inner ears, which may mean he's going to be as long-lived as the two brothers are.

Update Log: (Signature Access by Crew Only)

Created: June 5th, 2022
Pending: ~𝔞𝔡𝔡𝔞𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔰[06/03/2022]
Accepted: 🕱 мנ ѕρσσкѕ 🕱 [26 July 2022]
Updated: House Added on June 11th, 2022
Updated: September 27th, 2022
Updated: February 5th, 2022

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:38 pm
xxxxxxx𝓛𝓵𝓮𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪 ℳ𝒶𝓇𝒾 𝓖𝓻𝓮𝔂-𝓒𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓱xxxxxxx

xxxℬ𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓬 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓼xxx

xxxFᴜʟʟ Nᴀᴍᴇ: Llewella Mari Grey-Cavendish (nee. Eynon)
xxxNᴀᴍᴇ Pʀᴏɴᴜɴᴄɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: yew-AY-ah MAY-ree EA-nohn
xxxNɪᴄᴋɴᴀᴍᴇs: Ella
xxxAɢᴇ: 13
xxxBɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ: 22 February 2049
xxxBʟᴏᴏᴅ Sᴛᴀᴛᴜs: Halfblood
xxxGᴇɴᴅᴇʀ Iᴅᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ: Female
xxxOʀɪᴇɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: ?????
xxxZᴏᴅɪᴀᴄ: Pisces
xxxBirth Stone: Amethyst
xxxWᴀɴᴅ: 10" Walnut & Unicorn Hairs, Whippy with an etched design
xxxMᴏʀᴇ Tʜᴀɴ Aᴠᴇʀᴀɢᴇ: n/a
xxxFᴀᴄᴇᴄʟᴀɪᴍ: Picrew [x] [x] [x] [x]

xxx𝓢𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓵 & 𝓒𝓪𝓻𝒆𝒆𝓻xxx

xxxSᴄʜᴏᴏʟ: Hogwarts School
xxxHᴏᴜsᴇ: Hufflepuff
xxxYᴇᴀʀ/Class Of: Third Year - 2067
xxxCᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Eᴍᴘʟᴏʏᴍᴇɴᴛ: Student
xxxDʀᴇᴀᴍ Jᴏʙ: ?????

xxx𝒪𝒲𝐿 𝒮𝒸𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxx𝒩𝐸𝒲𝒯 𝒮𝒸𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx

xxxCʟᴜʙs ᴀɴᴅ Sᴘᴏʀᴛs:
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx

xxxAᴄᴄᴏʟᴀᴅᴇs:
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxHɪᴅᴅᴇɴ
The best way to avoid danger is for danger to never find you. Llewella prefers to avoid any sort of confrontation by literally hiding until danger has passed. Due to this, she’s become very good at sneaking about.

xxxxxCᴀʟᴍ
It takes a lot for Llewella to break from her perfectly calm demeanor... and even if someone does, they’d still have her façade of calm to contend with. She’s like a duck. Cool and calm on the surface, while paddling like heck to stay afloat.

xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ
When she’s able to show it, Llewella has a ton of creative energy within her. Usually it’s kept hidden, so she channels her creativity into writing or drawings she can easily hide from those that may destroy them.

xxxxxSᴋɪᴛᴛɪsʜ
A lifetime of abuse translates into a constant fear of noises coming nearer. Llewella will always run away if things get too tense, or if someone comes at her with aggression. And if she runs... good luck finding her for a long while.

xxxxxDʀᴇᴀᴍʏ
When you’re trapped in an all-grey room, sometimes your escapes have to be in the form of daydreams. If she is able, she mentally builds a little fantasy world to escape her daily blues.

xxxxxCᴏᴍᴘᴀssɪᴏɴᴀᴛᴇ
For anyone Llewella may ever meet, she will always feel empathy and worry over their plights. Her life has been hard, and she always feels terrible when other people have issues, no matter how small. She hopes offering a listening ear will make others smile, even if she becomes weighed down by the problems of many.

xxx𝐿𝒾𝓀𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾Art
xxxxx⇾Reading & Writing
xxxxx⇾Exploring the Gardens
xxxxx⇾Hot Tea
xxxxx⇾Coffee Cakes

xxx𝒟𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾Heavy Snowfall (though it does have its own beauty)
xxxxx⇾Alcohol
xxxxx⇾Fish Dinners
xxxxx⇾Abusers
xxxxx⇾Tight, Pinchy Dress Shoes

xxx𝐻𝑜𝒷𝒷𝒾𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾Drawing
xxxxx⇾Delving into Fantasy
xxxxx⇾Exploring

xxx𝒮𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓃𝑔𝓉𝒽𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾Super Stealthy - Llewella can sneak up on dang near anyone... or more likely, evade sight
xxxxx⇾Imaginative - Llewella is amazing at thinking up wonderful new worlds of her own creation

xxx𝒲𝑒𝒶𝓀𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾Timid - Llewella is pretty much always in the shadows, terrified to step into the light
xxxxx⇾Soft-Spoken - Llewella will almost never speak up on her own behalf... or that of anyone else. She’s always terrified of the reaction, so she’ll often go along with plans, regardless of her feelings on the matter.

xxx𝒟𝑒𝓈𝒾𝓇𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾To be away from abuse
xxxxx⇾To be brave

xxx𝐹𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾Abuse/Torment
xxxxx⇾Blizzards

xxxℬ𝓲𝓸𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓱𝔂xxx

xxx𝒞𝒽𝒾𝓁𝒹𝒽𝑜𝑜𝒹xxx
Born of an affair with Gwen Eynon and Markus Antonov. As soon as Gwen’s pregnancy came to light, Markus and his wife, Ivona were immediately infuriated. It wasn’t much longer that Gwen was shunned. Markus (though angrily) agreed to pay for the pregnancy, then ongoing child support... provided the child born was a male.

After 20 weeks, Gwen found out the baby was to be a female, but she urgently needed the money from the Antonov family. Using her computer skills, Gwen doctored the ultrasound to show “proof” of the baby’s gender, and Markus, being less than tech savvy, believed her lie.

Gwen, partway through her pregnancy fled Scandinavia and went home to Wales to have the baby. She did everything alone, and any time pictures were needed, she’d dress her sweet Llewella in little boy’s clothes to keep getting money as long as possible. Of course, eventually she’d get found out, but the Antonov family didn’t seem to care to meet the illegitimate child, not when they had seven sons they already deemed “perfect” in their militant style.

It wasn’t until Llewella was four that she was discovered, following the tragic passing of her mother. Her will laid out that Markus should take the child, since she was his, and he begrudgingly accepted.

When Llewella made it to her new home, several countries away, the Antonov family was shocked and enraged to discover a young girl, rather than another son. Markus and Ivona lashed out in fury, treating Llewella every bit like the hatred they felt. They encouraged the boys to pick on her, to shun her from any family events. Though she was cared for, it was only within the confines of the law. Once, at age 6, the older three boys locked her outside the house while a blizzard fell around the house, and her only means of survival was to hide in the boys’ treehouse... where she was beaten for invading when discovered the next morning.

Llewella learned fast to always be silent, and to learn to hide herself away to protect from the abuse and torment. The longer she could avoid detection, the safer she felt. At the time she moved, Ella only knew Welsh. And since she was only ever scolded for speaking her mother tongue, she withdrew further, doing her best to learn their languages and all, but she began to refuse to speak at all. Not like it mattered, her words always seemed to fall on deaf ears.

On her eleventh birthday, Llewella received a magical letter to Hogwarts, unlike the invites all the boys received to Durmstrang. Markus was angry, but Ivona simply said it’d be a blessing to send “the girl” far away to no longer distract the boys. While it hurt Llewella’s heart, she knew it was probably for the best.

xxx𝒮𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓁 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈xxx
{1} As a first year, Ella just did her best to avoid people. Within the first few days, she had a tumble on the steps with a rather dour boy. A few days later, she braved her first club. She went to cooking club, hoping to just quietly observe the others cook so perhaps she could learn for when she was home. Unfortunately for her, she was immediately spotted, thanks to the Captain's giant dog. They brought her over and tried to include her, but who should show other than the dour second year. She very quickly made an exit when he started trying to push food onto her.

A few hours later, Ella had tried to return to the student kitchen, hoping perhaps to attempt a recipe she'd located. Thankfully for her, the Cooking Club captain had had a similar idea. The two talked while Linsey showed her how to use some of the tools, letting Ella make somewhat of a friend... she hoped. Linsey seemed a bit confused when the first year had only been able to eat a few bites of what turned out to be a giant meal. Thankfully, she knew what to do with the leftovers.

Over winter break, Ella tried to floo home, only to find her family missing and the house abandoned. Her plan had been to return to Hogwarts on the train alone, but she'd been spotted by Linsey and Governess Heulwen. With help from Linsey and her aunt, Selina Grey, Ella was invited to stay with their family over break. Governess Heulwen worked to set plans in motion for Ella to be turned over to the orphanage upon the conclusion of the school year.

But instead, Ella found out that she'd officially been adopted into the Grey family as Linsey's younger sister. She had a home and a family that actually cared about her! It was perhaps the best gift she'd ever received. She got her own room and lots of safe places to hide. The family seemed to accept that she was a little more timid than they were, going extra steps to make her comfortable, yet keep her included. Even when they went to a big music festival, Mother Hannah and Linsey took turns holding hands with Ella and kept her in a pair of noise-dampening headphones.

{2} Upon returning to school, Ella braved the Cooking Club yet again, though this time she didn't leave early. One of the older (yet very much unintimidating) boys, Tàmhas Ghobhainn, tied her hair up in a fancy bun, which made Linsey quite happy. Normally, the Greys had to alternate who brushed Ella's messy hair from her eyes. After discovering an interesting new enjoyment of pizza, Ella followed after her sister to Art Club. She wanted to support Linsey, after all!

On one afternoon, Ella had opted to skip their daily family meal to sneak into the Music Room to practice on the Grand Piano there. It only took a few minutes before both Linsey and Finn found her. She'd been terrified about getting in trouble for touching the piano, but Linsey told her it was hers to use. She even restated that Ella was allowed to take up space, just like everyone else. The little trio had a "family jam session" which turned out to be rather fun.

As the year progressed, Ella became at least a little more confident and had a few friends. She even braved the stands to huddle beside Declan to watch her sister and her cousin play Quidditch. Sure, she had no idea what was happening, and Tàmhas' announcing did little to help since she really couldn't understand much, but at least she tried to support. It was a rough year for Finn's team, but Linsey's team came in second under her captainship. Ella briefly fantasized about playing, but realized she'd be too terrified to play in front of so many eyes. Maybe she'd just fly around sometimes. Surely Linsey would let her borrow a broom...

{3}

xxx𝒜𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓉𝒽𝑜𝑜𝒹xxx

xxxℛ𝒆𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓹𝓼xxx

xxxLᴏᴠᴇᴅ Oɴᴇ: No One
xxxBᴇsᴛ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ: Linsey Grey-Cavendish
xxxFʀɪᴇɴᴅs: Declan McNamara, Tàmhas Ghobhainn, Sebastian Moon(?), Finn MacDavis-Grey, Fiadh O'Shea
xxxEɴᴇᴍɪᴇs: The Entire Antonov Family
xxxFᴀᴍɪʟʏ:

xxxxx⇴Pᴀʀᴇɴᴛs: Gwen Eynon {deceased} Markus & Ivona Antonov Connal & Siobhan "Hannah" Grey-Cavendish
xxxxx⇴Sɪʙʟɪɴɢs: Dmitry, Augustín, Alexi, Matej, Radovan, Serghei, and Demyan Antonov Linsey Grey Cavendish
xxxxx⇴Gʀᴀɴᴅᴘᴀʀᴇɴᴛs: Dmitry & Silvia Antonov Livinia & Hugh Grey
xxxxx⇴Cʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ:
xxxxx⇴Oᴛʜᴇʀ: Lochlainn MacDavis (Uncle), Fianna MacDavis-Grey (Aunt, 'Aunt Fi'), Finneas 'Finn' MacDavis-Grey (cousin), Freya MacDavis-Grey (cousin), Selina Grey (Aunt, 'Aunt Lynn'), Mother Grey (Great-Grandmother, 'Grammy Grey'), Canaan Grey (cousin)

xxxPᴇᴛ: None

xxx𝓞𝓽𝓱𝒆𝓻 𝓘𝓷𝒇𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷xxx

xxx𝐹𝒶𝓋𝑜𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxFᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ Fᴏᴏᴅ: Butter Noodles
xxxFᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ Cᴀɴᴅʏ: Coffee Cakes?
xxxFᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ Cᴏʟᴏʀ: Blue
xxxFᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ Aɴɪᴍᴀʟ: Unicorns

xxxAʟʟᴇʀɢɪᴇs: Shellfish
xxxIɴsᴛʀᴜᴍᴇɴᴛs Pʟᴀʏᴇᴅ: Piano
xxxLᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇs Sᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ: Welsh {Primary, fully Fluent} English {Secondary, fully fluent}, Romanian {Tertiary, partial fluency/conversational}
xxxAᴄᴄᴇɴᴛ: Soft Welsh, with occasional hard Slovak edges  
Family Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff