Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Wool's Orphanage Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:30 pm
Wool's Orphanage

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wool's Orphanage in London was the home of Tom Riddle during his childhood years. During the 1920s, the orphanage was a square building surrounded by high railings. It was run-down, but clean, and the orphans in residence were well cared for. They even enjoyed holidays at the seaside on occasion. Despite this, it seems the orphanage had some unpleasantness, as Tom despised returning to it, and Harry noted it seemed "a grim place in which to grow up".

Sometime before 1997, the orphanage had been demolished to make way for an office block.

However, in the guild, Wool's Orphanage was later rebuilt elsewhere in London..

The rebuilt orphanage has become rather rundown and the former owner was a ratty old cranky woman who appeared to rather not like children at all. The children were barely taken care of and were lucky to even have a roof over their heads at times. This old owner has been replaced by Steffi Theresia who plans on fixing things up and making the orphanage a good place... seeing as she herself grew up there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 pm
Current Owners and Residents of the Establishment

Steffi Theresia

Luke Nalson

Current Orphans Available For Adoption

Alana Rivero - 14

Minako Tanaka - 14

Kimberly Leon - 14

Candace Mackenzie - 14

If you are interested in your orphan character appearing on this list to be adopted, PM Devlyn Maycry with a profile link.

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:58 pm
User Image
                                                      Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                      Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                      Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                      Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                      I don't ever wanna be

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

poolqǝɹnԀ |ᛗ| ɹǝʞɐɯǝlqnoɹ⊥ puɐ ɹǝʇsʞuɐɹԀ |ᛗ| ıuɯnl∀ ɹopuıɟɟʎɹ⅁

════════════════════════

Luke sighed as he walked out of the room he shared with Steffi and into the main area of the orphanage. He was holding a list, and on that list were things Steffi wanted him to do to help fix the place up. He made a face, glad he had at least taken muggle studies, because otherwise he would have really big issues concerning what had to be done. A leak in the second floor boy's restroom. One of the bedrooms needed to have some of the drywall taken down and replaced because of mould issues. One of the others was fine, but the paint was peeling and he needed to be repainted. The redhead sighed, scratching his head. Couldn't he do all of this a lot faster with magic? It would be a lot faster, after all. Unfortunately there was no guarantee that all of the orphans here were wizards or witches. It was quite ironic how many had been magical, but that didn't mean a thing. Hell, he was a pureblood and given up because of being a b*****d. Lovely politics there. He scowled at the list and pocketed it. Well, Steffi said sometime today, and that didn't mean immediately. Most of it he could start when a lot of the kids were in school. They were currently getting ready to start the school year, which meant less kids running around. Vaguely he wondered why the heck he was living here again, but dismissed it. Steffi lived here, and that was why he lived here too. It was that simple, even if he despised the place. Thank Merlin that he could at least go back to his mor and far's place to get away if he needed to.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Ugh, this list...
                                                      Taken By: Steffi Theresia
                                                      OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

You, don't wanna be just like you
                                                      What I'm sayin' is
                                                      This is the anthem
                                                      Throw all your hands up
                                                      You, don't wanna be you

Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Dris was, again, painting in his room, but the steady drip overhead was making him really grumpy... and wet. He finally stood up and wiped his hands all over his pants. He wandered to the main room, after scooting down the stairs. His eyes went wide when he saw the red-headed man he knew so well. He hurried over, wondering if the man knew how to make it stop raining on all his paints. And maybe... just maybe, he'd make some macaroni too! "Mister Lukey? It's raining in my bedroom some more. My paints are all goopy and icky." He looked up at the man, not knowing that he was quite as covered in multicolored paints. He knew his clothes were a bit messy, but his hair and face went completely unnoticed. The boy grinned, feeling that the tall male wasn't having a very good day.

Diamond Wales

{Off of Canvas:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:28 pm
User Image
                                                      Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                      Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                      Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                      Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                      I don't ever wanna be

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

poolqǝɹnԀ |ᛗ| ɹǝʞɐɯǝlqnoɹ⊥ puɐ ɹǝʇsʞuɐɹԀ |ᛗ| ıuɯnl∀ ɹopuıɟɟʎɹ⅁

════════════════════════

Luke hadn't taken two steps before he heard one of the kids approach and ask about a leak. And there it was. He knew for a fact that he was going to have to tackle it today, he just hoped it could wait a bit. He made a face, not because of the kid, but because of the fact that he had to tackle the leak first. And that could take hours. Bloody hell. "Og mens jeg tar min tid på å fikse lekkasjen, kan flere ting dukker opp i stedet." He pinched the bridge of his nose, already feeling very annoyed. Looking down, he regarded the mess of a kid that vaguely reminded him of Balder. Only the kid was less blond and a lot more messy. He cocked an eyebrow. "First floor under the upstairs bathroom, right? Just point me out where it's coming from and I can take care of it." Never mind his idea of fixing the problem involved Vanishing the drywall, casting a spell to repair the leak, and then several cleaning charms to take care of any residual mould before he replaced the drywall. It'd be done, and he wouldn't have to worry about it going wrong.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Ugh, this list...
                                                      Taken By: Steffi Theresia
                                                      OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

You, don't wanna be just like you
                                                      What I'm sayin' is
                                                      This is the anthem
                                                      Throw all your hands up
                                                      You, don't wanna be you

Devlyn Maycry

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Dris blinked in confusion at the man's funny words. He said funny words a lot, though, so the four year old didn't much mind. He looked up a bit higher, then listened to the man's question. Was that his room? It sounded right, so he gave a nod. "I can do that, Mister Lukey!" He led the way, taking the stairs very slowly. When he got to his room, he frowned at the colorful mess all his art had been reduced to. He worked so hard on that stuff!

Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:55 am
Gertrude Stanford
Orphaned muggleborn

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 3 years old...

User Image

Gertie was entertaining herself with her stuffed cat. A cat that looked like it had seen the better days and was close to losing all seven of its lives. Regardless of how 'loved' the thing looked Gertie was having fun all the same. She was tossing it up and down above her head before she became bored. Scurrying off along the hall she squeezed the stuffed cat tight in her arms as she went hunting for someone to play will. When she came within distance to notice Dris' watery mess Gertie's usually big smile faded to a bit of a sad frown. "Oh no..." she said still pouting. "It's raining inside again..." Deep down Gertie knew Luke would fix it.

Wearing: Pink and Blue

With: Luke & Dris

OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:54 pm
User Image
User Image

¤¸¸.•´¯`•¸¸.•..𝑀𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓃 𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒲𝓎𝒶𝓉𝓉 𝒜𝒷𝓇𝒶𝓂𝓈..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸¸¤

Yᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs
Iғ ᴛᴇɴ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ ғɪʀᴇғʟɪᴇs
Lɪᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀs I ғᴇʟʟ ᴀsʟᴇᴇᴘ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ᴅ ғɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴀɪʀ
Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴅʀᴏᴘs ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
Yᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴍᴇ ʀᴜᴅᴇ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴀʀᴇ

Milo had been waiting antsily for this day since the two of them stepped foot on English ground once more. The honeymoon had been wonderful, but he'd been sunburnt in places he hadn't known he had. Even now, his cheeks were still a bit pink, though that may have been an excited blush from running about. Now, he and his husband, Wyatt, were at Wool's Orphanage. They had decided to adopt a baby, since it was quite impossible for either of them to mother one. Today was just a meeting day, but when Kalin and Thane returned from school, they'd officially adopt. The boys, they figured, deserved a chance to add in their two cents, since they hadn't really had a say at the wedding. He looked with nervous anticipation at the slightly taller man, wondering how the events of the day would play out. With trepidation, Milo pushed open the door and walked in, looking around with a bright smile. There were so many little sweeties, and they had to choose just one! How would that ever be possible?!

Yukina101

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜɢs
Fʀᴏᴍ ᴛᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ʙᴜɢs
As ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ
A ғᴏxᴛʀᴏᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ
A sᴏᴄᴋ ʜᴏᴘ ʙᴇɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴍʏ ʙᴇᴅ
Tʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴄᴏ ʙᴀʟʟ ɪs ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ʙʏ ᴀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:39 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood

Wyatt was still on a high from the amazing honeymoon he and Milo had gone on and he had to say despite vehement protests, he very much liked the sight of his husband shirtless on a California beach. And in their hotel bedroom. Either was fine with him really. He knew the other man hadn't really liked the heat that the States brought but he hadn't realized how much he missed his old home until they were there. Plus he hadn't had a rib sandwich in forever and dear Morgana it had been divine! He was going to damn well make sure Kalin had everything he needed to make that when he came home for the holidays. But that wasn't the reason they were here. Ever since the had gotten married, and even a tiny bit before, the two of them had talked about expanding their already large family. And what beter way to do that than adopting a little one? Technically they wouldn't adopt without the leeches approval, especially since he was sure to get a talking to from his brother about the wedding (or lack thereof). But he was sure it wouldn't be a problem. He grabbed a hold of Milo's hand and gave the other man a reassuring grin as they walked the halls of the orphanage looking for the perfect addition to their family.
Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Dris was wandering about the orphanage, looking for something to do. He had run out of his pink paint, though what he didn't notice were the little splatters at the ends of his hair. He had a bright grin on his face as he walked into the hallway. He noticed two people he'd never seen before, two grown-ups. Could grown ups live here? Well... besides Mister Luke and Miss Steffi. He'd only ever seen grown-ups here when they were gonna take someone home. Acting on a whim, the brunette decided to go say hello. Who knew, maybe they were looking for a kid just like himself! He got close and tilted his chin up. Unfortunately, when someone wasn't paying attention to their feet with untied shoes... it spelled out bad news. About five feet away from the grown-ups he'd been trying to meet, Dris tripped forward, falling flat on his face with a small "oof".

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:55 pm
User Image
User Image

Iғ ᴛᴇɴ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ ғɪʀᴇғʟɪᴇs
Yᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴍᴇ ʀᴜᴅᴇ

Milo was looking all around, admiring the quaint little place. Well... it was a wee bit run-down. At least they'd be able to rescue a little cutie from this place. He knew there was no way he'd ever want to live here, and seeing innocent little kids here just broke his heart. Copper eyes were a bit wet when the man turned to regard his husband. "This place is kinda... sad." He sighed, then ruffled his hair. Maybe they'd find their son or daughter soon. It was then that he noticed a little boy wandering closer to them. He looked down at the kid, then blinked in surprise when he simply fell over. Kids were weird. Milo hurried to sit on his knees, then he gently lifted the boy to his feet again. He looked happy, though a bit messy. Milo's eyes were wide as he regarded the child, a grin on his lips.

Yukina101

A ғᴏxᴛʀᴏᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:27 am

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt nodded in agreement with Milo's assessment of the place looking at the orphanage with barely veiled disgust at the surroundings. He could see where the owners were trying to make it better but they would have a long ways to go. Before they could go further into the home a little boy came scampering in their path before he fell for almost no reason startling him. He walked over with Milo as he helped the little boy up and examined him up close. He was small, which wasn't really saying much considering that he had be like three or four, and he was sort of messy with different colors on his tiny little fingers and what he thinks was pink paint in his hair. Beneath all of that he looked like a pretty cute kid. "Hey, are you alright?" he asked him as he bent down with his husband so he wasn't towering over them both.
Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Dris was helped up by the older people, and he grinned at them. One of them asked if he was okay, and he nodded. "I'm okey-dokey! Are you okey-dokey?" He looked at them, trying to notice all about them. If they were bad guys, he was going to go back into his room. After careful study, he deemed them good people, and decided to make friends, since he already talked to everyone else in here. "Hi! I'm Drwiskol Winston. I'm four years old!" He grinned, counting on his fingers to hold up four. He already knew how to count to eleven, and that made him a smarty-pants!

Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:03 pm
User Image
User Image

Iғ ᴛᴇɴ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ ғɪʀᴇғʟɪᴇs
Yᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴍᴇ ʀᴜᴅᴇ

Milo watched the boy's little movements, then noticed his shoelaces splaying out. While the boy determined himself safe and sound, the man leaned forward a bit and tied the laces into neat bows. The boy, Driskol, introduced himself, counting on his fingers to reiterate his age. "Well hello, Driskol Winston. I'm Milo. I'm 24, and I don't have enough fingers to count that high." He grinned, glancing at Wyatt. At least this little sweetie seemed nice! Maybe... maybe he'd become their little one! Wouldn't that just be another love-at-first-sight for Milo?

Yukina101

A ғᴏxᴛʀᴏᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:59 pm

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt grinned at the little boy trying not to laugh at his perky attitude that was rather reminiscent of Milo's. "I am okey-dokey, thanks for asking." he told him his grin widening. He noticed him scrutinizing the pair of them and wondered if he was actually sizing them up which he apparently had judged them worthy since he introduced himself including showing his age with his fingers. He chuckled at Milo as he introduced himself and his age before doing his own. "I'm Wyatt and I'm twenty-five which is only a year older than Milo so neither do I. Not unless we put all our hands together." He turned to look at his husband and immediately saw the look in his eyes. He was already falling in love with the little cutie and he honestly couldn't blame him.
Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff