Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
London Zoo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:44 pm
Out under the moon light,
Looking back at the city skyline...
Wrapped our arms around it;
We can feel the streets still pounding!
And I don't need to tell you-
That we can do whatever we want to.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
𝕩𝕚𝕒
𝕘𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕖
𝕨𝕦

𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕗𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕜 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕤𝕚𝕩

This was total bullshit! Xia knew she wasn't supposed to say 'bullshit', because it counted as 'in a pro pit' language, but she'd heard it in songs, and she'd heard her bàhbā say it before, so really, how 'in a pro pit' could it be? Besides it wasn't like the F Word... that was the worst one, everyone said. Or the Bad Five in Cantonese... she didn't even know all of them, just- she wasn't gonna say it. Part of Xia was convinced her màhmàh could read her mind, even from miles away, and she wasn't about to risk it now. But anyways, this was total bullshit! Jingfei had sent her with way too many clothes on, and she'd been roasting on the hour train ride north from Brighton to London. Miss Pollock had said she could only take her jacket off on the train, not her vest, so she'd had to sit there and practically Suffer Kate the entire time. And one of the other teachers kept yelling at her, thinking she was in the grade below and had wandered away from her group. It wasn't her fault she was small for her age! Or that everyone was so tall and stupid. Xia ordinarily liked the zoo, and she loved Christmas, but she didn't like walking around outside in the cold, so she'd lingered in the zoo cafe after lunch, then darted off in the opposite direction. When Miss Pollock finally found her there'd probably be loads of trouble, but she could just say they'd left her behind! Miss Pollock should have counted better! Grinning smugly, Xia wriggled her way through the crowds of school children- her school wasn't the only on here today, after all.

OOC:

And there is no need to hurry-
Life keeps moving on, no worries...
We stand still; the world keeps turning.
Let's run away from our uninspired lives;
And find our place together in the sun!
We won't look back, we'll just enjoy our time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 𝓢𝓲𝔁ℱ𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝒆 ℋ𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝒆𝓷𝓽

Joellen was having a surprisingly good day. Normally, she'd detested field trips, even ones to the zoo, but this time she had someone special to go. After a bit of begging, Steffi had agreed to go as a chaperone. School was hard enough, particularly since one of the big kids took Flipper, but she'd come to love living with Luke and Steffi and baby Loke. The girl smiled up at Steffi as they got off the train with her class. Even though the adults were supposed to stand together, Jo wouldn't let go of the woman's hand. After they'd been allowed to wander in the courtyard in groups, Jo took the lead and pointed at a big peacock sitting by the fence. Next, she discovered a girl in a poofy coat grinning. But she wasn't in a group! Jo tugged on Steffi's sleeve, then pointed at the girl. She was all lonely, but she looked a bit happy about it. "Are you lost? 'Cause you're not with your group an Miss Lawson will make you hold her hand all day." She looked at the girl, not really sure if they were even in the same class. But Miss Lawson was her teacher, so surely all these kids knew her.

Devlyn Maycry

The Forgotten Weasley

Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜsᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅʀɪғᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʏ. Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏs
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴs ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴡᴀʏ. Aɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ɪs ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ. Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋɪᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ...

𝓣𝓱𝒆𝓷 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝒇 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝒆𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓼 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:06 pm
User ImageUser Image

We're like ๔เค๓๏ภ๔ร in the sky, that's what we're t๏l๔.
                                                              No mountain made of MӨПΣY Can ßµ¥ you a §ðµl, baby.

Steffi smiled as she walked along with her daughter, holding the little girl's hand gently. She'd left Jer in charge of the orphanage for teh day so that she could attend the school function with Joellen and was glad she did. Although the teachers and other parents had given her dirty and/or odd looks which she could guess were based on the fact that she was missing an eye, had multiple piercings, spoke like a hooligan, and was all around 'rough around the edges' , as prissy people put it. But they were all at least keeping their opinions to themselves and once they saw how much Jo loved her and how good she was with all the kids they seemed to open up a little more.

She blinked as Jo headed over to a girl sitting by herself, and followed. She didn't seem to be a child from there group, and Steffi had spent too many years on the streets to not worry about a child all alone without any adults around. She crouched down in front of the little girl while Jo spoke to her.
                                                              "Wha's ur name champ? " She asked with a smile.

Say they wåñ† to кภ๏ฬ who did เt
                                                              But the
                                                              åñ§wêr'§ really µ§.

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:27 am

𝕩𝕚𝕒
𝕘𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕖
𝕨𝕦

Xia summoned up the ugliest look she could muster and whole-heartedly glared at the girl who pointed at her. First, pointing was rude. Everybody knew that. Whenever she pointed she got her hand swatted. Second... couldn't she just be left alone?! In wasn't like she was doing anything really bad. Since she hadn't gotten put in a group with her friends, she was looking for them. She didn't need some other kid getting their mum to look at her. Seeing other kids with their mums had used to make her really mad, right after Mum- after Mum wasn't around anymore. But she was better now. Besides, this lady didn't even look like her kid. She had straw blonde hair like the kind they put on dolls (Xia had never seen a doll that looked like her, not really; the white ones looked... white, and the Chinese ones looked... Chinese). She was somewhere in the middle. Plus this lady only had one eye. Xia imagined what could have happened to the other eye. Maybe someone had hit her really hard and it had just popped out and rolled away like a marble. Plus her still-there eye was all fire colored. Weird. Maybe she was magic, like Xia was. Xia knew she was magic because when she was one she'd made the fake birds on crib mobile flutter and tweet like real ones. Maybe she could do that now, and make one of the animal statues around the place come alive. And ride one. "I'm not lost," she declared indignantly. "And Miss Lawson's not my teacher. My group just left me, is all." That was a little bit of a lie but not really, since it was sort of true. Miss Pollock really should have counted. Then the lady crouched down. Xia hated it when adults crouched down. They only did it when they were trying to be nice or when they had bad news. Like that your mum was gone 'cause she got hit by a car. Maybe this lady had got hit by a car too, and that was why she didn't have an eye. 'Cept her mum didn't have nothing anymore. Xia wished she was still here, even with one less eye. Then she could have come on this field trip, and it would be a lot funner. She wrinkled her small nose. "It's Zee, not champ." You weren't supposed to give your name to strangers. That probably didn't count when they had kids, too, but still. "What's your name?"

OOC:
Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

Joellen was really glad to have Miss Steffi with her when the girl gave a mean ol' look. Besides, if this kid was lost, Miss Steffi always knew what to do. Unless she wasn't lost... then they were the weirdos. Sure enough, she said she wasn't lost, but then said Miss Lawson wasn't her teacher. Jo looked around, wondering who all the other teachers were. There had to be more than one class, because all these kids wouldn't even all fit on one bus! But if her group left her, she was lost. "Do you know where they were going? I have a zoo map!" She waved around the folded paper, trying to be helpful to the other girl. If she got lost, she'd just be so scared! When Miss Steffi squat down and tried to help, the girl, Zee, got all grumpy. But then she asked about their names, so Jo decided to answer. "I'm Joellen, but you can call me Jo, 'kay? And this is Miss Steffi. I brought her 'cause I love her.... And she likes the animals!" She nodded, her curls bouncing wildly.

Devlyn Maycry

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:27 pm
User ImageUser Image

Steffi grinned at the attitude the child had. Almost reminded her of herself at that age. She nodded her head at the wrinkled nose and sassy answer. "Aw'righ' Zee. Nice ta mee' ya. I'm Steffi as Jo so kin'ly stated." She got back up to her full height and glanced around the area. There were multiple classes ranging everywhere and in many different age groups. She would never be able to guess which one was this little girl's group if any of them. For all she knew Zee's group could be all the way across the zoo by now.

"Ur group don' seem very efficien' if dey jus' lef' ya behin' like tha'. We coul' help ya fin' them again if ya like? She glanced at her daughter who was excitedly waving the zoo map she had picked up at the front around. If there was one thing Jo was good at it was finding things... although she seemed to have lost flipped and hadn't told Steffi how yet. Which was very unusual for the little girl. Jo was almost never seen without the blue fish. Steffi supposed she would have to ask the child soon if she was to get any answer about it. "Unless you don' wanna fin' your class. Den we have somethin' more to talk abou'."

But the
                                                              åñ§wêr'§ really µ§.

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:29 pm

𝕩𝕚𝕒
𝕘𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕖
𝕨𝕦

Xia stared even more when the lady grinned at her. Adults didn't usually grin, they did their fake adult smile. Like her bàhbā when he was trying to act happy around her. Usually he wasn't. She didn't know why. Maybe he didn't like Jingfei, even though they were married? They kind of ignored each other. Maybe it was because Ayeh and Amah were always angry at him. She'd rather he just be not-happy. She didn't like it when people pretended. It made her stomach feel weird. Plus, the lady called herself 'Steffi' not 'Mrs' Anything, and the kid who looked nothing like her said some random old lady name. But Xia didn't have much room to talk when it came to names, since everybody always got hers wrong and acted liked it was her fault because it was 'foreign'. She wasn't foreign; she'd been born in Brighton! "Are you her mum or did you kidnap her?" she asked impulsively. The lady, Steffi, didn't even look that old. She looked younger than Jingfei, and Jingfei still wasn't even that old. "I brought myself," she said plainly to the other girl, Jo. She had weird little curls. They probably snapped back in place if you pulled them. Xia didn't think her hair was ever going to curl unless she did it like Jiayi did with the iron for school. Steffi said something about her group that she barely understood, and she looked at the woman blankly. "I'm fine." Then she said something that seemed like it was in that tone adults got when they said 'we'll have to discuss this'. Xia did not enjoy discussions. "I'm not supposed to talk about nothing with strangers," she said in a falsely-sweet tone, looking for an escape route. Great. One-Eyed Lady and her Old Lady Name Kid were going to drag her back to Miss Pollock... or some other random teacher.

OOC:
Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

Joellen watched the girl after she told her their names. Even Miss Steffi said their names! Instead of saying their names or something, the girl looked like she bit a sour pickle. All at once, Zee asked if Steffi was Jo's mum or if she'd been kidnapped. "Well that's not very nice! She's.... sorta my mummy. Well... my third mummy. but it's okay." She pouted, wishing very much that she had Flipper there to hug and comfort her. For now, she just wrapped her arms around her tummy to hug. Steffi mentioned Zee's teacher being bad for leaving her all alone, and the girl responded by saying she'd brought herself. "Nu-uh! You can't even drive yet, so you had to come with your teacher! Plus also I bet you don't even have a job!" This silly girl wasn't a grown up, so there was no way she could've gotten herself too, and in, the zoo all by herself. After being told they had to talk if the girl left her group, Zee said she wasn't going to talk to strangers. "But we're not strangers. You know our names!" She nodded, choosing to hug Steffi's leg in lieu of her fishy.

Devlyn Maycry

The Forgotten Weasley

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

Steffi couldn't help but chuckle at Zee's indignant attitude. The child reminded her very much of herself at pretty much any age below adult hood. "I didn' ki'nap her. 'm in the process h adop'in' her." She was about to comment on the idea of her bringing herself, but Jo beat her to it and she nodded her head. "Do ya have a job Zee?" She asked with a tiny smile. She knew very well the child didn't have a job and if she had conveniently brought herself to the zoo it would be by illegal means... which Steffi of course knew all about. She was still a street rat at heart after all. She always would be.

She ruffled Jo's hair affectionately when she stated that they weren't strangers.
                                                              "I's no' a bad talk. 'm jus' curious why ya'd wanna run away from yer group? I've run away from lo's uh groups before for lots uh differen' reasons."

But the
                                                              åñ§wêr'§ really µ§.

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:59 pm

𝕩𝕚𝕒
𝕘𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕖
𝕨𝕦

Xia set her small mouth in a scowl when Steffi laughed, and then stared at Jo- 'third mummy'? What was that supposed to mean? She could have made a choice comment about the other little girl still saying 'mummy'; anyone who did that in Xia's class was viciously made fun of- but she wasn't going to be that mean. She got away with 'bàhbā' because no one knew what it meant- although they'd still tease her because it 'sounded weird'. At least her name wasn't Alicia, she thought hotly. What kind of stupid name was that? "It's not supposed to be nice," she said, narrowing her eyes. Jingfei had technically adopted her when she married her bàhbā, but she still wasn't Xia's mum. She'd only ever had one mum, and even if Jingfei did mum-stuff, that didn't mean she was her new mum. It wasn't like a toy you replaced or something. She flushed at the question of her having a job- they knew she didn't. They were just making fun of her. "I mean I didn't bring a mum or dad with me," she snapped, and wanted to rudely ask Jo's 'third mummy' if she had a job with the circus, but didn't. At least she had manners. Sort of. "Good for you," she said flatly in response to Steffi, and fidgeted with her jacket. "I didn't run away, they just left me behind in the cafe after lunch." Technically, she hadn't run anywhere. Right? "Sides, no one's gonna miss me anyways."

OOC:
Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:27 pm
User Image
Half blood
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx10 Years old
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFuture student

Charlie was out with his mom, they always tried to do something fun every week and the zoo was Charlie's choice this time. He liked to see the wild animals and maybe if he was good he could get something from the gift shop this time. He was currently munching from a bag of cotton candy he was sharing with his mom. Though she only took a bit and haven't asked for more, she usually did that so he could have more of something. His thought where however on the giraffes and their long necks

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:59 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 10 years old...

Gertie was excited. One of her aunts was taking her to the zoo, and she loved the zoo. It was good for her to spend time with other members of her family. Plus Tiff had some things to take care of. So, a nice trip to the zoo never hurt. Gertie skipped through the zoo deeply looking forward to the penguins, and tigers, and the zebras, and well everything else.

Making her way to the stripped horses, the orange haired girl got momentarily distracted. Gertie was looking up at the long necks of the giraffes when she bumped into a boy. She was lucky that she wasn’t holding onto anything when she did so. She probably would have dropped whatever it was if she had. “Sorry! The giraffes, I was looking up at them.” She said apologetically before adding. “I’m Gertie! Were you watching them too?”

Wearing: Zoo Orange!

With: My aunt... and a boy! (Charlie)

OOC: ---

Kungfudemoness

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:32 pm
User Image
Half blood

Charlie had been couriously watching the giraffes eat from a tree with its long purple tounge when he got bumped. He caught his balance eaisly and the girl that bumped him apologized as she had been watching the the giraffes too. "It's ok they are cool, see one eating with it long tongue." He said pointing up to the one that was eating. "Oh I'm Charlie by the way." He said sticking his hand out out to shake it. She looked to be his age. "Maybe we can feed them I'd have to ask my mom though" He said fairly certain his mom would say yes. He was interacting ith a kid his age she usully made sure he would keep doing so, she wanted him to make friends.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:53 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 10 years old...

Gertie smiled brightly. Why? Because the boy she bumped into wasn’t mad at her at all. Today was a good day to bump into someone. That’s what she decided at that moment as she looked up. Following the boy’s figure up to the tree where one of them was eating, she pounced a little on the spot. “Wow! I wish I was that tall.” She said in excitement. It was awesome! The whole day was awesome!

“It’s nice to meet you, Charlie!” Gertie replied happily as she took his hand to shake it. The sudden idea of feeding the giraffes sounded super fun. “I’ve never fed a giraffe before! Oh I should probably ask my aunt.” She said before turning her attention to her aunt. “Can I feel the giraffes with Charlie? Please!” Gertie asked bouncing in excitement. “If it’s alright with Charlie’s mother then it’s alright by me.” She answered the young girl with a big smile.

Gertie’s personality was an infectious one. How could you say no to that? Besides it would good for her to make friends even Tiff would agree with that. “Yay!” Gertie cried before turning back to Charlie. “Let’s go ask your mum!” She said still pouncing in excitement. Today was great!

Wearing: Zoo Orange!

With: My aunt... and Charlie!

OOC: ---

Kungfudemoness

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:23 pm
User Image
Half blood

Charlie waited till Gertie got permission from her aunt before they went asked his mom. She was happy Charlie had found someone his age and agreed to let them go feed them. She gave them enough money for a couple feedings and was their chaperone with Gertie's aunt up to where the feeding spot was. they payed for the first set of giraffe feed and waited their turn to feed them. "what school do you go too? or are you just visiting?" Charlie asked to pass the time. that and he was curious, he hadn't seen this girl at school but his wasn't the only school. He was on his schools football team as a goalie so he got to visit other schools and he hadn't seen her there.

murruelecreuset

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces