Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
London Zoo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:05 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 10 years old...

Gertie pounced happily, her aunt has said yes and so had Charlie’s mum. Racing into line she swayed back and forth not able to stay still. This was so exciting! She was doing something new and she was making a new friend. Too bad they were miles apart. She had no idea that today would lead to such fun things. She’d have so much to tell her mum when she got home.

Standing in line, or semi-pouncing in Gertie’s case she looking over at Charlie. He’d asked her where she went to school. She didn’t go to school around there. She lived in Scotland, so she supposed she was visiting. “I’m just visiting! I go to school in Scotland.” She answered brightly. “It must be nice living in London.” Gertie commented. London always was a lot of fun when she visited. Of course, she loved Scotland just as much.

Wearing: Zoo Orange!

With: My aunt... and Charlie!

OOC: ---

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:04 pm
User Image
Half blood
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx10 Years old
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFuture student

Charlie thought it was weird as school started back up but she was on a vacation. Maybe she was a homeschool kid? Not that it honestly mattered. Their turn came up and they went up to the edge where one of the giraffes took notice of them and trotted over it sniffed each of their before choosing Gertie's food. Charlie wasn't left hanging as another slightly darker one showed interest in his. While they still took some food their hands got licked as well. It was one of those fun gross moments that Charlie couldn't help but smile too. Gertie seemed nice perhaps they could hang out today. While he usually stuck to himself, sometimes a friendly interaction was nice.

murruelecreuset

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:28 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn

I go by Gertie...

Gertie bounced to edge where the giraffes were. Like most kids her age she didn’t care that she didn’t know what she was doing. When the giraffes came to visit Gertie held her hands out with the food. “Hello giraffe.” She greeted the tall animal with a bright bubble smile. As it took the foot the young girl giggled despite the grossness. “Ew... giraffe slobber!” She giggled happily. “You’re welcome Mr. and Mrs. Giraffe!” She said cheerfully.

Looking to Charlie, Gertie smiled big and bright. She was having a fun day so far. Since she was having so much fun, an idea popped into her head. “Hey, we were on our way to see the Zebras! Would you like to come with us?” She asked him. It would be even more fun if they went together.

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:20 am
User Image
Half blood

"Sure!" Charlie said smiling. Once their turn was over they started to head toward the zebras but his mom had them wash their hand at the special station they had by the griffes. He did mind the giraffe spit but his mom seemed too. The made their was to to zebra exhibit. and a few where trotting around near them and away from a group. These zebra must be the ones that went off and did their own thing, he could relate to that. "I wish we could pet these but I think we would get in trouble." Charlie said. He wasn't too worried bought himself. He knew he be able to get a pet in or two before getting scolded and he could handle scolding. He wasn't too keen on getting Gertie in trouble if she didn't want too. She seemed like the kind of girl to play by the rules.

murruelecreuset

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:53 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn

I go by Gertie...

Gertie knew the importance of clean hands. So getting her hands cleaned up, the ten year old was so ready for another adventure. The adventure was promptly named the striped horse saga. Her skipping steps she was sure brought a smile to her aunt’s face. Gertie’s smile and the spring in her step had come from Charlie’s agreement to come along with her. Going over to the fence Gertie grabbed hold of the bar as she peered over at them. “They say zebras are like snowflakes. Not one’s stripes are the same.” She told Charlie matter-of-factly.

Watching the zebras trotting about and nibbling at the grass, Gertie smiled brightly. Looking to Charlie she thought about what it would be like to pet a zebra. Probably just like a horse right? That had to be it. “Yeah, I wish we could too.” She said before the smallest of sighs. “But you’re probably right, and I don’t want us to get into trouble.” She added. Oh boy did she ever want too… but she couldn’t… what if she got in so much trouble that she’d never be taken to the zoo again! No, there was just no way. She couldn’t risk it.

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:05 pm
User Image
Half blood

"Maybe we can see if they will come closer." Charlie said before peeking back to his mom. She was chatting with Gertie's aunt so perhaps they could likely lure one. If it came over on it own accord could they be blamed for petting it? He bent down and reached through the fence just enough to grab some grass. Standing up he leaned on the fence and lightly waved the grass in the direction of the lone zebras. They looked at the kids and seemed interested in Charlie's offer of a snack. Perhaps they would come to them? Gertie seemed like she wanted too but wanted to play it safe. He peeked back one more time to be sure his mom and Gertie's aunt where still talking.

murruelecreuset

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:06 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn

I go by Gertie...

“Maybe,” Gertie replied as she watched Charlie reach through the fence. “What are you doing?” She questioned curiously as he grabbed some grass. Was he doing what she thought he was doing? It sure looked like it. Watching as he waved the grass lightly to get the zebras attention, Gertie wondered if they would come. “You really think that will work?” She asked glancing between Charlie and the zebras. If it did the stripped horse would be so close!

Sure enough the lone zebras took notice. One even began to creep closer to them. Gertie held her breath as it inched closer. She made sure not to make a sound. As if time stood still the zebra started nibbling on the grass in Charlie’s hand. ‘Wow… it worked…’ She thought afraid to say anything as she held back the want to cry out in excitement. Gertie knew that would be a bad idea. Animals didn’t like sudden noises.

Glancing over at her Aunt and Charlie’s mum, Gertie being to think maybe they could just give the zebra a little pet. That wouldn’t be a terrible idea now would it?

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:24 pm
User Image
Half blood

The zebra took the bait. Charlie let Gertie get her pet in before the zebra finished the grass. Unfortunately, they were spotted by Charlie's mom, and then by Gertie's aunt. They were going to scold them both but Charlie felt it be unfair to have Gertie take part of the blame. It was all his plan and idea, Gertie just petted an animal. "It's not her fault at all. I use grass to bring it over so we could pet it" Charlie said taking the blame. He didn't want the trip to end on a bad note for Gertie, she seemed the type to not get into as much mischief as he did. She seemed like a good girl, and he was the mischief-maker. his mom was lenient on Gertie but Charlie fully expected the no games for the rest of the week grounding his mom gave him, he would manage the five days.

murruelecreuset

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:57 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn

I go by Gertie...

Gertie watched as Charlie pet the zebra. Oh how she wanted to pet it too. One pet wouldn’t hurt. Reaching her hand out, she gently stroked the neck of the stripped horse. Gertie had never pet a zebra before. Unfortunately her bubble was soon to be popped. “Gertrude! What do you think you’re doing?” She heard her aunt call out. Gertie winced slightly knowing she was in trouble. Before she could say anything Charlie was already saying it was his idea. She glanced between Charlie and her aunt. “Sorry…” Gertie managed to get out.

“You know not to pet the animals. Those barriers are there for a reason.”
Her aunt told her. With the shock over she knew Gertie wasn’t the type to get into trouble. “I know… I won’t do it again. I promise.” She answered her aunt now feeling extremely guilty. Though, she had to admit Charlie standing up for her was awfully nice. “Anyways, we better get going. We wouldn’t want to keep your mum waiting.” She told her. Gertie looked to Charlie before giving a small smile. “It was nice meeting you Charlie. It was fun.” She told him. Giving her goodbye, Gertie headed off with her aunt. The zoo was definitely fun even in the end.

(End Scene)

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:03 pm
Here comes the water;
All I knew and all I believed...
Are crumbling images,
That no longer comfort me.
I scramble to reach higher ground;
Some order and sanity.

User Image
ᗷᖇYOᑎY
ᑕᗩTᕼᗩᖇIᑎᕮ
TᕼOᖇᗷᑌᖇᑎ

HALFBLOOD │ HONEYDUKES OWNER │ FORMER RAVENCLAW

Bryony wondered why she'd thought this would be a good idea. But it had been a slow, long summer day in a deadened Hogsmeade, and a trip to the zoo had momentarily roused her children from their bratty summer fatigue. She could not get them off to Hogwarts soon enough- although that wasn't quite fair, since Maisie was her oldest, and she and Maisie had always been very close, being similar in temperament. And Nicol was too young to really be much trouble, although he was very clingy. No the real issue was, as usual, Laire and Callum. It wasn't that they were spoiled brats or even children with bad attitudes. They just got... more than a little carried away, at times.

"Mum! Mister Matt!" Laire spun around dramatically in the midst of the crowded zoo, Callum hot on her heels. "C'mon, we gotta see the giraffes!"

"And the lions," Callum added, helpfully, shielding his eyes from the sun with one small hand.

Beside Bryony, pushing the stroller Nicol was fairly content to be eating animal crackers in, Maisie walked at a much more sedate pace, holding her sun hat. "The animals aren't going to go anywhere," she pointed out maturely, ignoring the glare her younger sister bequeathed to her.

The blonde woman sent a somewhat apologetic look Matteo's way. She was still a little shocked he'd even agreed to come with them- they'd struck up something of a friendship over the past year, due to his visits to the shop and whatnot, but dealing with someone's children was another thing entirely. And she happened to have four of them. "Maybe we shouldn't have gone on such a busy day," Bryony observed dryly; the place was packed. It wasn't worth the fight to try to prevent Laire and Callum from dashing ahead, but she could keep an eye on them, at least, which she did, like a hawk. "But personally speaking... I always liked the otters and seals," she admitted.

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

So I take what is mine, and hold what is mine...
Suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine...
Soon the water will come and claim what is mine...
I must leave it behind and climb to a new place now.
This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.
Thought I was high, thought I was free...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            I'm about to make your sweat roll backwards
                                            And your heart beat in reverse, our guts can't be reworked
                                            As alone as a little white church in the middle of the desert getting burned!
                                            But I'll take your heart served up two ways, I sing a bitter song
                                            I'm the lonelier version of you, I just don't know where it went wrong

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Μλττεσ Ƭσгsτεπ Σгικssσπ-Σιdε ix
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌

Ravenclaw AlumnusMugglebornAurorxxxxxxx

「 Summer 2037 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Matteo was just a bit happy that he's on his full day-off, and wished that the Head Auror won't ruin that for him- because he was on a grind last week with all the paper work and files of cases. Okay, well, he knew that his job involved putting down some crimes and it's serious business, but that didn't mean he couldn't have a break, day-offs exist for a reason. Though, he was having a mundane day at home when Bryony invited him for an outing... with the kids. Not that he had anything against the kids, but he guess he could afford to go to a guaranteed crowded park- as long as it didn't remind him of anything.

Apparently, after establishing his friendship with Bryony, Matteo came to realize that her kids seemed to be a bit fond of him. Just a bit, in his opinion. He didn't know exactly why, but it must be because he just mentioned to them that he was an auror once... or maybe just because he was friends with their mother. Either way, he just found it positively surprising that they seemed to like him enough, because last time he met a kid she was scared of him- which made him feel like sighing all over again.

He tried to withhold his snort when Bryony dryly told him that maybe, they shouldn't have gone here, "Well, it's a good thing I didn't invite my niblings, then?" Matt said jokingly. Truth be told, Dagrun wasn't much of a problem, but her twin Donner was. Sure, He wasn't a spoiled brat or anything, since Rubin was a firm parent when it's a normal day, but his assertiveness was a bit similar to Austmar and Tante Kristborg. "Don't worry, I like sightseeing anyway. 'Sides, the two seem happy, though. As long as they don't get lost in the crowd, that is." Then there was an awkward silence as he also tried to keep an eye on them, to which Matteo was willing to break in a split second, "And well, I kind of like owls- but, we all see owls in a daily basis so..." Honestly, he was just unable to admit that he liked wolves and well, canines in general. But that's because some people did ruin the rep of people liking them since 2010s.

« with [Bryony] at [London Zoo] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ooc

My love is a weapon, there's no second guessing when I say:
                                            Rat a tat tat, rat a tat tat tat, hey!
                                            If my heart is a grenade, you pull the pin and say:
                                            We're all fighting growing old, we're all fighting growing old
                                            In the hopes of a few minutes more-
                                            To get on St. Peter's list but you need to lower your standards,
                                            'Cause it's never getting any better than this!

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:03 pm
Here comes the water;
Are crumbling images,
Some order and sanity.

User Image
ᗷᖇYOᑎY
ᑕᗩTᕼᗩᖇIᑎᕮ
TᕼOᖇᗷᑌᖇᑎ

Bryony smiled. "Maybe you should have, but I'm not sure how well they'd get along with this... motley crew." She knew Matteo had a few nieces and nephews, a little girl starting at Hogwarts this year, and twins who were in between Maisie and Laire in age. He seemed close with them, and he was raising his teenaged brother, so she took that as proof enough that he knew what he was doing when it came to children. And the kids seemed to like him, although they were generally fairly friendly children, although Callum had been... much quieter, since what had happened. Still, Bryony didn't believe in dismissing the feelings of children just because they were young, and if her children hadn't liked Matteo, she certainly wouldn't have invited them out with him, although she did insist they not climb on him, poke at his prosthetic, or call him "Matt-tea-oh", which they seemed to think hilarious.

"Rowena willing, they won't," she sighed, watching Laire and Callum run themselves ragged, dashing around strollers. Maybe she ought to take them aside and scold them, force them to walk right by her, but she didn't have the heart to. They'd have a rough past year or two, and the anniversary had just passed by. Besides, Laire seemed to bring out Callum's old, adventurous side once more, and she didn't want to put a stop to that. She still had him going to therapy- all of them were, really, aside from Nicol, although Laire usually proclaimed that she hated it, and she knew Maisie didn't like going either. "Maybe they'll have exotic owls- you never know," she joked, slowing down as they came to the giraffe exhibit. Laire had found a bench to climb up on to get a better view, Callum right up beside her, and Bryony took Nicol out of his stroller to let him see.

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:33 am
                                            I'm about to make your sweat roll backwards
                                            And your heart beat in reverse, our guts can't be reworked
                                            As alone as a little white church in the middle of the desert getting burned!
                                            But I'll take your heart served up two ways, I sing a bitter song
                                            I'm the lonelier version of you, I just don't know where it went wrong

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Μλττεσ Ƭσгsτεπ Σгικssσπ-Σιdε ix
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌

Ravenclaw AlumnusMugglebornAurorxxxxxxx

「 Summer 2037 」

"To be fair," Matteo started with a chortle, "I actually did try to invite Ivar to this trip, except he said no. Can't force him to do anything, so..." Ivar was still sulking for having "shitty Beater skills" in the Quidditch field back at school, even said that he almost got knocked out had their seeker not caught the snitch earlier. Geez, sports people were so intense now that he'd think of it. Then again, Matteo wasn't into sports and more into books, music, and dueling. Or not, since dueling counts as a sport. "But I mean, my two nieces aren't so bad. But my nephew Donner is a bit... hyperactive and sometimes reckless, but friendly nonetheless. Your kids aren't that bad, either, I'm okay with this."

Watching the two youngsters, Matteo couldn't help but ask this to Bryony, "It's kind of weird that your kids seem to like me or something, but then some people always think that I don't look... friendly." Of course, he was relieved that it wasn't like how he recalled how that one kid, Elsyia's kid, reacted when she first saw him. Then again, Matteo wasn't always friendly, but he can actually be nice to people- so kids were one thing, but adults judging him just because he wore a few piercings and tattoos was something that irritated Matteo. "And truth be told, aside from owls... I'm kind of a dog person." The group then slowed down as they came to the giraffe exhibit, assisting the youngsters when he can. Speaking of dogs and pets, he's probably going to expect Ivar going home with a pet kitten since he was going to be a fifth year and Matteo knew that kittens were a thing in Transfiguration. He just hoped his dogs Emil and Tori won't try to bully the cat if that happened.

« with [Bryony] at [London Zoo] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ooc

My love is a weapon, there's no second guessing when I say:
                                            Rat a tat tat, rat a tat tat tat, hey!
                                            If my heart is a grenade, you pull the pin and say:
                                            We're all fighting growing old, we're all fighting growing old
                                            In the hopes of a few minutes more-
                                            To get on St. Peter's list but you need to lower your standards,
                                            'Cause it's never getting any better than this!

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:42 am
Here comes the water;
Are crumbling images,
Some order and sanity.

User Image
ᗷᖇYOᑎY
ᑕᗩTᕼᗩᖇIᑎᕮ
TᕼOᖇᗷᑌᖇᑎ

Bryony smiled wryly. "I can't really blame a fifteen year old for not wanting to spend the day surrounded by kids." She remembered what it had been like to be fifteen... even if that now seemed like a lifetime ago. She'd been a fairly serious teen, but she'd still been annoyed by her little brother and bickered with her sister. "And it sounds like Donner would get along well with Laire and Callum in that case, although all three of them might be more than either of us could handle," she snorted.

The blonde woman glanced over at him when he voiced his surprise that her children seemed so fond of him. Maybe he had a bit of a point; she and Seumas had hardly been the sort of couple that dressed more... alternative, or had excess piercings or tattoos. They'd been fairly traditional and stodgy, as far as parents went, maybe because of how they were raised. Her father had felt like he had to be strict, because he was a single parent, and that their behavior reflected back on him, and Seumas, although having lost his parents when he was young, had always felt like he had to be a replica of his father and mother for the sake of his younger sister and brother.

"Well, I like to think that I've raised them not to judge based on appearance. It's the actions that matter, right? Besides, you look a little like their uncle, Caelan, at least with the tattoos. He's redhaired and pale as snow, granted," she grinned fondly. He mentioned that he was a dog person, and she nodded. "I always had one growing up. Haven't had a dog in ages, though; I wanted to wait until the kids were older so they wouldn't be constantly harassing the poor thing." They'd had an English Setter named Trent when she was a little girl, but he'd passed away in her sixth year. Bryony had been very fond of that dog; Iris has always been more of a cat person and Fulton had always annoyed it by trying to practically ride around on it as a little boy.

Having already grown bored with the giraffes, Laire and Callum were now leading the way toward the lions, and Bryony put a whining Nicol back in his stroller. Ordinarily she'd let him walk, but with three other children to keep an eye on and the size of these crowds, she didn't want the toddler getting trampled or wandering off.

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:58 pm
User Image

《《《《 Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round 》》》》
                                                      《《《《 Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down 》》》》
                                                      《《《《 Drinking angel's piss, gonna crash and burn 》》》》
                                                      《《《《 I just want some action so gimme my turn 》》》》

Charlie was a bit on the nervous side....ok a bit was lying. He glad he opted for food after zoo as he was unsure his stomach would cooperate. It was hard to believe it was about ten years ago he had met Gertie here. Seem fitting place as any to ask if she wanted him as a spouse. He was always more confident with her around and found it hard to be pessimistic when she was so happy. He had saved for a ring and it had gone on sale at the best time. "Hey wanna see if we can get zebras to come say hi? We won't get in trouble this time” Charlie joked as the exiting the lion area he had joked one that was sleeping funny looked like him in the mornings. He had chosen the zebras as it had been where they had parted ways before Hogwarts. Seemed fitting to start something new.

《《《《Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy》》》》
                                                                            《《《《It's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you》》》》
                                                                            《《《《It's looking like another bad comedy》》》》
                                                                            《《《《Just as long as it comes in high-fidelity for me too》》》》

murruelecreuset

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff