Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:27 am
Heavenly Snow

Ooohhhh my god, Snow!! I love Helki and I'm super honored you'd consider her for the herd (especially since I just realized that the front page images aren't working so like. .. . thank you .. . for powering through despite the ugly LFMASOJDSODJSD)!!

It's cool how she knows her strengths and weaknesses and uses the knowledge to her advantage when choosing her preferred method of killing; her maturity shows in the way she tries to avoid backlash, and I love that she still has conflicting feelings for the herd re: her adoption, as I feel it would be a fun aspect to explore!

Regarding the Coming of Age Ceremony, what do you think of:
  • The animal being marked in some manner, so like... if she finds a random injured animal along the way, she won't heal it and think it's done HAHA. It could also be a cool examination to see what would happen if she DID meet an injured animal not part of her trial? Like if both the random + her target had time-sensitive wounds, and she had to make a decision on who to choose, what would she do?
  • Maybe something like paralyzing poison or similar (something induced that can be controlled without the patient feeling pain, since it would be considered inhumane to leave a wounded animal around and hope it's found)? 🤔 In addition, since they believe only soquili can enter Valhalla they may consciously/subconsciously prioritize wounds that are applicable to soquili (seeing wounds that non-soquili face as important to learn about, but not necessarily a priority--similar to how we have distinctions between a doctor and a vet), and a soquili's anatomy is similar enough to horses that a broken leg is often fatal, so:
    • Either the animal's anatomy is different enough that it's not fatal, but not applicable to soquili (so probably not something they would test her on, unless she expressed interest in pursuing animal husbandry to help keep the herd's wild animal populations balanced or similar),
    • Or the animal's anatomy is similar enough where treating it can be compared to treating a soquili with the same wound, in which case I think they'd take care of it right away instead of making it suffer for a test--or even if they could remove the pain and keep it alive, I don't think they'd give such a difficult task to someone who is culturally considered a child.

It might be cool to merge the two ideas above, if you liked them? O: Like if she had to choose between her trial animal + a soquili with a wounded leg, and she willingly sacrifices her chance to "graduate" to take care of the soquili? When her observers realize what she's doing they can take over and she can assist them, and she could have proven herself that way?

If you wanted to keep your original ideas, that's fine, too! We can say that valkyries who actively saw non-soquili animals as "lessers" chose her trial, and so had no qualms about leaving a wounded animal to suffer, and that the other members of the herd didn't know until it was too late. She already feels like she needs to prove that it was worth adopting her, and this may be able to add to that when she realizes that her trial was seen as marred by others of the herd because of its nature? (The herd would blame the valkyries who designed it, not her, but she could be upset about it if you felt it suited her personality.) ???

Overall she's a very nice character!! And there's technically nothing wrong and nothing you have to change in your app, so much as clarifying what happened or why; it really shows how much research you put into the herd, and I appreciate that! Thank you, also, for the time you put into writing the form, and into reading my reply!! ;w; <333

Please let me know your thoughts! AND THANK YOU AGAIN FOR APPLYING!! 🙌

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:52 am
Ryuukishin

Hello Ryuu dear! ^.^ I was actually meandering through your singles and kept seeing a link titled Code of Edda, so I checked it out. The more I read, the more I realized that it would help fill in so many blanks for Helki and give her more of a past and roots. Both which have been a must for some time. It also was something that I could work around what she has done so far. I love your well thought out herd and the details you have incorporated into it. Despite it's "ugly" ( lol ), it wasn't boring to read and I'm a sucker for details.

I really felt as I was filling out the form that as much as Helki knows her strengths and weaknesses and that she has matured quite a bit, there is that bit of unknown still left in her life. She has always known the herd, but she didn't just magically appear in the world and as much as she may like to ignore it, it still plays an integral part. Also, I don't want her to seem too flawless or perfect. There's more beauty and growth in flaws and imperfections.

Now, the trial. I was struggling with this and I'm so glad for you ideas. I think the first scenario is the best option.

Helki has a moral compass to help those in need. Coming across a creature in need who is NOT the marked trial animal would test it. She would feel the desire to help it. Depending on size, she may try to treat and transport the creature as she searches for the target creature. That way she can insure that both get the care they need. If the creature is too large for her to carry and knowing her time constraints keeping her from building something to use, she may attempt to treat the creature the best she can and keep in mind it's location so she can report it or return after completing the trail. All in all, Helki will do her best to treat both.

Now in the case of her trial animal and a soquili with a wounded leg, she would undoubtedly sacrifice her chances of graduating to assist the soquili.

Apologies for the late reply, RL got a bit chaotic. Finally had a moment to sit down and properly respond!  

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:19 am
Heavenly Snow

That's 100% what I hoped the herd would help with (since personally I'm not much of an RPer and though I'm fine with plots I can't guarantee it......... so it's mainly to help others have something to include in their backstory/what they do in present time between other plots haha) and it makes me SO SO HAPPY TO HEAR, THANK YOU!!!! ;o; <333

To be clear, did you want to keep just the first idea (choosing between random and marked animal) or both ideas (choosing between animals AND coming across a soquili with a wounded leg)?

If the first idea, the details you mentioned would be perfect!

If both ideas, maybe: she comes across the wounded soq > she and her observers work together to treat it > throughout it, her observers insist that it's out of her skill level and that she can go back to her trial--the replacement observers should be here any minute! > but she politely insists that she can help with tasks like getting clean bandages and such, even if she might not yet be at the level where she can heal shattered bone; when the replacement observers arrive, they're sent instead to take care of her intended trial animal so she can focus on helping the soquili? Would this sound okay to you (assuming you wanted both ideas), or would something else work better with your character?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:29 pm
Ryuukishin

I'm mostly in a plot only stage as my muse struggles with rp responses and my RL makes it so that I don't have a lot of time to just sit and focus on a very detailed post often. So plots it is.

Let's go with the first idea. Then it's complete and good to go. *thumbs up anime style* lol

Side note, you're always welcome to PM me and if you are on Discord, I am as well. ^.^ I've missed talking with you.  

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:23 pm
Heavenly Snow

Haha, same! I'm glad there's room for us to be able to work on our character's stories even if we don't have time for full-fledged RP!

And sounds like a plan!! I think, then, that what would happen is that she could reach both of them in time! Since she's young when she has her trial she might be told that one day she'd have to choose between two and it won't be easy, but for that moment at least, the herd was super proud of her and her ability to help both!

Thank you SO MUCH for your interest and for working with me to make sure she fit with the herd's lore; it warms the cockles of my heart. ;w; <3 She should be added to the front page now, as well as our Family Echo! If she ever has any kiddos that become part of the herd, I'd love to hear about them so I can add them in, too!

AND THANK YOUUUU!! You're free to contact me whenever as well! I'm usually slow, but I do reply... eventually... HAHA!! -gazes into the middle distance-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:46 pm
Ryuukishin

Yay!

Ahhh kiddos....if only Helki could be so lucky. She's not yet had offspring.  

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:46 pm
Images/Links corrected for my ladies. heart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:09 am
@Snow: HAHA, right, that's like 99% of my herd. 😂

And thank youuu, Lala! <3 I need to update the front page images and links too... one of these years...

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:53 pm
Ryuukishin
And thank youuu, Lala! <3 I need to update the front page images and links too... one of these years...

Anything for you, my darling! heart

But yesss give us fixed links... and an update on provisions? rofl

Herds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas