Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
County of Gwynedd ~ Wales

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:48 pm
Gwynedd

User Image

Gwynedd is an area in northwest Wales, named after the old Kingdom of Gwynedd. It was an independent kingdom from the end of the Roman period until the 13th century, when it was conquered by England. Most of the population speaks Welsh, and it is sparsely populated compared to other areas. It is the home of Bangor University, located in the city of Bangor, Llŷn Peninsula, which extends 30 miles, or 48 km, into the Irish Sea, and the majority of Snowdonia National Park, the third national park of Britain.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:48 pm
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  I thought my demons were my friends
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

Dцґм₴тґaиg Alцмиї |ᛏ| Hёїя |ᛏ| Pцяёвlооd

════════════════════════

Roald's boots clicked on the pavement as he walked down the street of his destination. A woman was at his side, younger than him by a number of years, but she was unimportant. All she was was the messenger. The messenger that had brought him unexpected news, especially since Eleazar's sudden disappearance. He hadn't seen hide nor hair of his son in years, making Roald believe that something had happened to him. He'd been able to keep track of Eleazar easily enough, but then he vanished around his sixth year, and Roald hadn't seen any sign of him since. Honestly Roald found his son weak and pathetic, and unworthy of the Bjelke line. Eventually he would have to correct his son if he ever found him again, but that was plans for the future.

Currently however he was on his way to see another child, one that the woman with him had borne. He hadn't remembered her, but she had remembered him, and had tried to flee when she saw him. Roald had given chase and caught her, only to find out the most interesting facts about her. Such as the fact that she had a child, not eight months since their fateful encounter. Roald was much too impatient to meet this boy as a result, and only gave a cursory look at the woman beside him. She was deep within his spell, and hadn't been able to break the hold.

Walking up the steps, he allowed his puppet to knock on the door, watching her face for any deception. The only thing he could see were tears in her eyes, which he scoffed at. She left his son here, she had no pity from him. They waited at the door, silent, waiting for someone to come. It didn't take long, and an elderly gentleman opened the door, frowning as he looked over first the woman and then Roald himself. The elderly man frowned then and stepped back inside, allowing the two into his house. Roald could almost purr in contentment. "Gwen? What are you doing here? Who's this man with you? What's wrong?"

"Our son. We've come for our son." Her voice was hollow, and the older man's frown deepened. Roald gave no change in his blank expression, save for a tightening around his eyes as he redoubled the strength of his concentration. Her features livened up, and her voice grew stronger. "Father, this is Roald. He's Glynn's father, and wants to raise him. I figured you wouldn't mind. You've always said it was a bother to raise another child at your age."

"What I say and what I do are two separate things, Gwen, you know that. What's with this 'father' business anyway? You've never called me that a day in your life." The older man crossed his arms and stared down the duo, looking as though he was trying to figure out what was going on.

Roald, on the other hand, had enough. His eyes narrowed as he stepped forward.
                                                  "Regardless, you have my son. I insist he be brought out."

The old man laughed, which only caused a spike of anger within Roald at the sight. "I suppose Gwen never told you? She gave up her parental rights to me and her mother years ago. I don't even know who the hell you are, and if you think that I'll let-"

The old man's words seized in his throat as Roald sneered out a killing curse with careless disregard. He then turned his attention to the older woman who had appeared, her eyes wide as he pointed his wand in her direction.
                                                  "I do believe that was not a suggestion. Bring out my son. Now!"

════════════════════════
                                                  Location: Llewellyn Home, Gwynnedd, Wales
                                                  Thinking: .................I tire of these interruptions...
                                                  OOC:

Since I was young
                                                  I tasted sorrow on my tongue
                                                  And this sweet chocolate gun does not protect me

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:18 pm
User Image
                                                I walk around in the same haze
                                                I'm still caught in my same ways
                                                I'm losing time in these strange days
                                                but somehow I always know
                                                the right things to say

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Cʜᴀsᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Glynn had been reading in his room when he heard the knock at the front door. He didn't pay it much mind, though. Not many people came to visit him; they usually were friends of his grandmother or grandfather. However, when he heard his mother's name, he frowned and put his book down. It was late, and he never knew his mother to visit this late before. Walking to his door, he froze when he heard his mother state she wanted him, and his heart skipped a beat. Wait, she wanted him? He stood in confusion, his heart hammering in his chest as he listened to what was going on downstairs. Something was wrong and Glynn didn't know what. His grandfather didn't sound happy to see his mum.

However, there was another voice, this one with a definitive foreign accent, that spoke next, and Glynn wandered onto the stairs as his grandmother started down the stairs with a stern look at him. She too had been summoned by the voices in the foyer, and Glynn crouched down next to the railings to see what was going on. His grandfather was standing in front of a blond man and his mum, and his grandfather standing in front of them. It wasn't until a flash of green light that Glynn realized that the blond man had acted, his grandfather falling to the ground with a stunned expression.

Glynn's expression was also frozen in horror, and the blond man turned his wand toward his grandmother next with the same demand. Glynn was about to rush forward when a hand clamped down on his shoulder, causing him to gasp and turn toward the person holding him. His aunt was beside him, her face a mask of horror as she looked downstairs herself. "Glynn, you stay right here. Don't move!" she hissed, and Glynn nodded.

They both jumped as they heard an ear-splitting scream from downstairs and his aunt started forward, her wand drawn and looking grim at the scene. The man had cast something at his grandmother, and she was writhing on the ground in pain. Mairwen started down the stairs herself, then ducked as a spell came close to her head. Glynn closed his eyes, trying to block out what was happening. He jumped again when he heard another thump, and opened his eyes as he heard a round of swearing.

His grandmother was lying still, eyes unseeing as his aunt and the blond man duelled. He didn't even see his mother anywhere. It wasn't until a hand clamped over his mouth that he realized where she was. He flailed, trying to break her grip as Gwenith muttered a spell, and he froze, eyes wide as he suddenly couldn't move. He felt her lift him up and start carrying him down the stairs.

His aunt caught sight of what was happening and she turned her back for a moment, her eyes wide as she realized what had happened. Glynn tried, he really did, when he saw the man turn a wand at Mairwen and a green jet fly from it. However, he could only stare in mute horror as she fell. Hot tears were already prickling from under his lids as he was carried over tot he man and handed over. His mother, on the other hand, didn't seem to notice the death around her, and instead stepped back, a neutral expression on her face.

The man smiled, a mockery of the expression before he leaned forward and gave Gwenith a kiss. He then pulled away, his hand tightening in her hair as suddenly she blinked like she was coming from a dream.
                                                "I do so enjoyed seeing you again, but unfortunately I have loose ends to tie up. It's too bad you're one of them." Glynn wanted to scream, but his mother was staring around with growing horror on her face and started struggling against the man's grip. A moment later, she too fell, and Glynn finally found himself able to move again.

He jumped up and tried to run for the door. Tried, because he found his head snapped to the side from a backhand by the man. Face throbbing and feeling disoriented from the blow, his hair was grabbed by the man and his head yanked around to look into eyes that were too blue like his, hair that seemed to be the same shade as his own. The man stared at him for a moment before dropping him, and Glynn scrambled for the nearest wall.
                                                "Now drittsekk, I do believe we have a lot to catch up on." Glynn just curled into himself, his eyes staring at the bodies of his family and wondering when he was next.

════════════════════════

Location: Llewellyn Home, Gwynnedd, Wales
                                                Thinking: ....................................
                                                OOC:

Ash

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I don't know what time it is
                                                or whose the one to blame for this
                                                Do what I believe what I can't see
                                                And how do you know
                                                which way the wind blows

The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces