Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
County of Cork ~ Ireland

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:25 pm
Cork

User Image

Cork is a city in the southwest region of Ireland, in the province of Munster. It is the second largest city in the state and the third most populous on the island of Ireland. Cork is built on the River Lee, which divides into two channels at the western end of the city; the city centre is located on the island created by the channels. At the eastern end of the city centre where the channels re-converge, quays and docks along the river banks lead to Lough Mahon and Cork Harbour, which is one of the world's largest natural harbors. It earned the nickname of "the rebel city" for its support of the Yorkist cause during the War of the Roses, a series of dynastic disputes for the throne of England between the houses of Lancaster and York. Corkonians often refer to their city as "the real capital" of Ireland in reference to the city's role as the centre of anti-treaty forces during the Irish Civil War, fought between members of two opposing groups of Irish nationalists in the 1920s. Cork was originally a monastic settlement founded by Saint Finbarr in the 6th century, but developed an urban character at some point between 915 and 922 when Norseman settlers founded a trading port. Cork is known for it's arts culture, being home to the Cork School of Music as well as the Crawford College of Art and Design, the Corcadorca Theatre Company, the Cork Film Festival, the Cork Jazz Festival, and the Everyman Palace Theatre. The city has been gaining cultural diversity for many years as a result of immigration from Western Europe in the mid to late nineties, and more recently from Eastern European countries, as well as other nations. One of its most famous buildings is the Church of St. Anne, built from red sandstone and local limestone, with a weather vane in the shape of a salmon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
--sean--cassidy--

secondary student
------muggle------
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

If you fall for me
I'm not easy to please
I might tear you apart
Told you from the start,
Baby from the start.

Everything the past few months had been tumultuous, with him entering his last year of school, before going off to Uni. He was playing football for his school's team as their star striker. His coach said there were several teams scouting him, but chief amoung them was the Celtics, which happened to be his favorite. And then, Rider came home from school, but before he even had a chance to see her, she was in a horrible car wreck. Both elder Wilsons had been killed and Sean had been in and out of the hospital to check up on her. It had gotten so bad, that his parents had bought him his own car (with him making payments to them for it). He'd bought tickets for a Flogging Molly concert with the intentions of asking Rider to accompany him, but now she was in no state to go. On one occasion where Tori had been there, he'd asked her to go with him and naturally, she'd said yes. On the day of the concert, he was to pick her up at Rider's house. Pulling up outside of Rider's house, he honked the horn of his blue and black Mini Cooper S Countrymen, then popped the lock on the passenger side door.

There's no point trying to hide it
No point trying to evade it
I know I got a problem
Problem with misbehaving
I'm only gonna break your heart.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

The Shiny Furret

Summer II

The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items