Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Town of Dover ~ England Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:33 pm
It is frightening what a smile can h i d e. ______

𝐶 𝐴 𝑆 𝑆 𝐴 𝑁 𝐷 𝑅 𝐴 _𝑺 𝑶 𝑷 𝑯 𝑰 𝑬 _ 𝑁 𝑂 𝑇 𝑇
__ 𝑆𝑡𝑢𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡 __ 𝑜𝑓 __ 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡 __ 𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑙
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´ `•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´ `•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´ `•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
User Image User Image

[Summer of 2030]

Stars were hidden behind the dark overcast skies and the glow of the moon was bright but obscured by inky black-gray; half a dozen vehicles were parked up on the curb against the grassy knoll. She and Ava had scrambled down the street until the party house was barely visible behind them, Sophie doubled over against a light pole and choked, gasping for air and suffocating on laughter. Warm, red blood oozed from her split lip; a yellowing swell blossomed on her right temple, and as she shook her sore hand, she noticed the splotchy red discoloring of several small bruises. ”I—I...” Sophie trailed off, leaned her head against the iron pole and twirled beneath the orange glow of the lamp post. ”I dunno—Ava—he just,” she almost couldn't bring herself to say it, but as she slowly spun back around to face her friend directly, she figured her time was short before Theo would arrive, and decided to spill. ”He just reminded me so much of my da', y'know...I just... I thought he was one of them... I—I had to find out.” Sophie mouthed a pathetic pout and reached out a hand for the bottle, letting the other girl finish another swig before the bottle had been passed to her, and she braced herself for a heavy gulp of her own and hissed for air. ”I swear, sometimes, I think I'm going crazy.” she admitted, highly uplifted and hyper aware; of her feelings; of the cool night air; of jaw clenched and grinding teeth; of concrete melting beneath her feet; and the crisp, fresh night air swimming in her ******** she's craving a cigarette.

The heavy thud of the older boy's footsteps echoed louder than the distant music receding from the house; his shadow stretched beneath the orange glow of street lights until he was close enough to actually see, the dark swell of bruises seemed to cover one side of his face, but it was hard to tell in the dark of night. ”Spur of the moment,” she grinned and shrugged, the split of her lip barely noticeable over the flood of energy coursing in her. ”Well... at least they didn't tackle you down, righ'?” Sophie, still lounged against the light pole, paused to gauge her friend's condition before rising the whiskey bottle up in the air to toast. ”Happy to report we're ********' brill', actually, innit we Ava?” Sophie laughed and offered the bottle over to Avalon, shaking it in the air. ”Well... looks like we're not goin' back to the party, so... What now, aye?”

[OOC: ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                      ____◆◇◈ House Party, Dover
                                      _____ ◆◇◈ Serpentine Scales
                                      _______◆◇◈ 16 Years Old, 5’5”, 132lbs
                                      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Devlyn Maycry

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 am
A V A L O N C A T L I N

Jobless due to crazy fire lady
Ie: The Three Broomsticks

User Image

Ava shuddered at the thought that that kid could have been one of them. Wizards were awful things. She hated them almost as much as Sophie did. But it was impossible right? That was a muggle party, what the hell would a wizard being doing there… unless one of their parents had someone tracking them… She could see both stooping to that level. She wrapped one arm around Sophie… a gesture of reassurance and comfort.

She was about to say something but Theo showed up at that moment and she kept her mouth shut. Squib or not… she still couldn’t break the statute of secrecy and Theo was a muggle. She grinned when he asked what it was all about.
                                              "Good ole fashioned brawl. Who doesn’t want to start one of those in their life time aye?" She grinned and grabbed the whiskey from Sophie after her friend took a few gulps, to swig down some for herself. She winced as her broken hand wrapped around the bottle, but ignored it. The adrenaline was wearing off and she was positive now that her hand was broken. It was starting to swell and bruise and was bleding profusely from her knuckles. Where her fist had made most contact with faces and other body parts. Besides that she was in pretty good shape. Her face had a couple scrapes and blossoming bruises but in general she was in good condition. "Anyways, that bloke was being a straight up arse. He deserved it!"

Her eyes wandered over their surroundings as Sophie asked what they should do now. She handed the bottle of whiskey back to Soph and leaned against the light pole. "Well we ain’t getting anywhere withou’ some transportation… now we could always go my route… but I doubt that’d work for ballsy over there." She nodded towards Theo. Sophie knew her usual way around town while Theo probably did not… but when she said ballsy she meant it quite literally. Very few dudes would pick up 3 hitch hikers unless they were all sexy women like Sophie and herself.

Essy ze Ninja

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:41 pm
User Image
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Hit Wizard

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo couldn't help but smirk at the girl. He still couldn't believe that it turned into such a brawl. He heard police sirens in the distance though. Somebody had to call the cops, but fortunately for them, they were out. He did want to maybe get away from the roads though because the girls still had a bottle of rum and still were underage. Theo would get in trouble just for being near them...which he couldn't afford to happen because of the job he pursued. What better way to get fired before even starting. "You're definitely right on that one," he said to Avalon before looking to Sophie. "I must say, you got in one hell of a punch to start it off. I was certainly impressed." He took a seat on the curb next to the pole that Sophie had been resting up against.

He couldn't help but chuckle at the girl's notion about him getting knocked down. "He definitely couldn't take me down though. I kicked the bloody piss outta him. Literally, I kicked him," he said to the two of them with a smirk on his face. Although it was hard to actually keep that smirk because of the strain it put on his jaw. But one thing he did know, the kid hadn't expected it and it was quite a hard kick to the side. "But...that is the benefits of being a footballer right?"

He looked at Sophie for a moment as she handed the bottle over to Avalon. He honestly wanted it because he wanted to drink his pain away. His jaw was killing him, but he could just go buy some at the local liquor store (if there was one) because he was eighteen. And he made sure upon getting home that he had gotten an id as well. Although, being slightly more sober than everyone else during that fight really hurt him in respects that he felt a lot more pain. As the girls had talked what they were supposed to do now...he stayed silent for a few moments. When Avalon had nodded towards him, Theo looked at her. "Yeah, I'm sure whatever you're talkin' about I can't do," he said aloud with a chuckle. "But I have my ways around...but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work for you either." He made sure to tread over that subject lightly...obviously getting there by apparating. "Is there even anything to do around Dover? First time I've been here actually."

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

Essy ze Ninja

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:37 pm
It is frightening what a smile can h i d e. ________

𝐶 𝐴 𝑆 𝑆 𝐴 𝑁 𝐷 𝑅 𝐴 _𝑺 𝑶 𝑷 𝑯 𝑰 𝑬 _ 𝑁 𝑂 𝑇 𝑇
__ 𝑆𝑡𝑢𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡 __ 𝑜𝑓 __ 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡 __ 𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑙
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´ `•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´ `•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´ `•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
User Image User Image

[Summer of 2030]

The rise and fall of her chest heaved another rattling breath into the coastal air, a light breeze carried the salty scent of the ocean and a shiver of goosebumps raced across the bare flesh of her long legs and crossed arms. A crooked smile flaunted across her lips, relinquishing her hold on the bottle as Avalon reached for the liquor to take a quick swig after her cheeky comment. ”Guess there's a first time for everything?” An awkward chuckle sighed past her lips; she wasn't exactly proud of herself, she could've been more tactful. But it was too late to matter now, she worried her lip with her finger, the flesh had split and clotted with dried blood now; but it didn't hurt, her jaw hurt though, if only she could stop grinding her teeth together. At Theo's compliment, she glanced at his seated form on the curb and hiccuped. ”The t**t did deserve it.” She agreed with Ava, just as a sluggish wave ached in her muscles. Her attention waned, but she managed to toss her gaze back and forth between the two as they exchanged conversation. Sophie was content to distract herself by teasing the colorful layered necklace, grazing her nail across the emerald and gold semi precious stones and mixed metals.

A soft hum vibrated her lips as she smiled up at the night sky, ”Dover's lovely, right by the sea, there's half a dozen castles—so much history—there's the white cliffs, the beach, the abbey gardens...” she paused and blinked, ”But we'd have to take a bus,” she paused to slide her cell phone out of her pocket, unlocked the screen and googled for a bit of inspiration. ”Hrmm, bus stop iissss, that way, I think,” she pointed one way down the boulevard. ”Buuuut, would could jump the gates of the primary school right down the block and play in the park?” She mused, pushing herself off the lamp post and strolled down the street with a little spring in her step. ”Unleeeessss,” she bounced beside the driver door of a vehicle and pulled the handle, but it was locked. She skipped down to the next vehicle, an older Volkswagen model, she pulled on the handle and sure enough, it popped open. ”Ha! Mates, looks like we're sorted!” She cheered, and plopped down in the drivers seat; she checked the center console, under the seat, the sun visor and finally the glove compartment, until she caught sight of a sliver of metal and snatched up the keys. ”Alright, lovelies! Hurry up and get in!” Sliding the key into the ignition, it cranked right up. ”So! Where too?”

[OOC: ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                      ____◆◇◈ Aycliffe Streets of Dover
                                      _____ ◆◇◈ Serpentine Scales
                                      _______◆◇◈ 16 Years Old, 5’5”, 132lbs
                                      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Devlyn Maycry

RedEagleEye007

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:49 pm
A V A L O N C A T L I N

Jobless due to crazy fire lady
Ie: The Three Broomsticks

User Image

Avalon rolled her eyes at Theo’s response. Something about him made her feel like he wouldn’t approve at all with the way her and Sophie lived their lives. He gave off that heir of ‘I’m better than you’ bullshit. It reminded her of her family and their pure blood magical bullshit. They were so mad that she was likely to be the sole heir to their entire family fortune. The Vincent man had completely disappeared long ago, star quidditch player Riley Catlin had denounced the family when he took in the Morris family as his own, and her father was AWOL, which left her mother… dying of burns in the hospital at the moment and unlikely to live. That left her, the squib daughter of the whore mother, it was the best story in the world.

She grinned when Sophie jumped into an unlocked car and found the key. She slid into shot gun and started playing with the radio, trying to figure out a good astation to listen to. When she found nothing good, she started rifling through the CD’s stashed in the car. Who even listened to CD’s anymore? She sighed and started flopping around and messing with the chair settings out of boredom.
                                              "Where to then miss driver?"

Essy ze Ninja

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:48 pm
User Image
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Hit Wizard

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo had from that point on stayed relatively quiet, his jaw was hurting him very badly. Now that his adrenaline had been fading away, it left him with serious problems because opening his mouth to talk was relatively hard. He could talk, but it would probably be low volume, almost to a mutter. And it wasn't like he could just sit there and heal it because he was in a Muggle Community. He really hoped he didn't have a fractured jaw because how would he explain that to a nurse. 'Yeah, I got into a fight'. That would certainly get him into some kind of trouble. He did nod his head along with the girls for a few moments, his eyes staying on Sophie for a little while as everything went on.

When Sophie had gone on about Dover and what it had to offer. Theo himself was very partial to the beach, but it seemed they would have to take a bus to get there and well...he didn't know if he was up for that. He was however, up for more drinking so he could drink some of the pain away because he was the over the age limit and could get drunk if he wanted. He only unfortunately got a few beers while at the god forsaken party. And oh did he want more. "That all sounds fun," he said quietly, or as loud as he could really.

What happened next surprised him to say the least, and not because Sophie got into a car and started it; but rather, because some person actually kept their keys in their car. Theo found it to be quite stupid on the owners part and they were just asking for their car to get stolen. Unfortunately, Theo was in the party that decided to steal it. And he couldn't let the girls go through that alone: right? So, he got into the backseat against his better judgement, and of course his need for adrenaline. Nothing worse than a sixteen year old girl driving after all. "The da** liquor store because I definitely need more beer," he said, still a little quiet, but a little louder than last time so they could hear him. He rubbed his hand against his jaw as he did so.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

Essy ze Ninja

Devlyn Maycry

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:54 am
User Image
Canaan Grey
Ravenclaw AlumnusMember of the Society of PotioneersNineteen Years OldSingle

Couldn’t have asked for a better day to do this,’ thought Canaan, as he drew in a deep breath and relished the warm spring air and the scent of brine. It wasn’t the same as the scent of the sea around Tramore, and the experience wasn’t the same as it was when he chose to shed his human form for his canine animagus form. His cousin Lynn told him once how even if she were blind a single lungful air was all she needed to know she was home, and while he hadn’t travelled near as far afield as she he understood what she meant.

Of course, he wasn’t about to go bounding about the area around the cliffs of Dover as a dog; it would have looked extremely odd to have one Irish wolfhound holding the lead for another, older one as they roamed about. A run-in with a dog warden would certainly ruin what he wanted more than anything: that today be a perfect day, a perfect, happy day for Annie.

You’ll keep me on task, right, old friend?” said the young man, as he looked down at Connla. The gray-furred wolfhound gave him a look which seemed to say, ‘This one’s on you, lad’. It was clear to all now that Connla, son of Setanta, son of CuCuchlainn, had definitely inherited some of his grandsire’s longevity, and confirming a few things in the minds of Canaan’s parents. Connla had reached an impressively venerable age for a breed not known for an impressively long life, and while he had lost much of the boundless exuberance of his youth, he was still very much in that long, warm summer of adulthood, with nary any white in his coat or muzzle. Not so long ago, he would have claimed he couldn’t have asked for a better life companion, except there was another now whom he intended to ask to add to that list.

Though he wasn’t sure she quite believed it, Canaan had crushed on Annie almost since the first time he saw her at school, and he was glad he’d finally plucked up the courage to do something so it was more than that. When they were Seventh Years, he visited her over the Christmas holiday, and gifted her with a ring, telling her without words how much she meant to him then. Time served to strengthen his feelings and his resolve.

He spoke to his dad about what he wanted to do, since he could talk to him about just about everything, and while he was pleased with his son’s intentions, he told him to ‘make bloody sure you’re able to take good care of that dear, sweet girl, lad.’ By this point, the family had all but adopted Annie anyway, and she already had a job and money of her own, but this wasn’t what his father meant. No, he wanted for his son to have his own life in order and be ready for what would come next before taking on anything else.

These days he was a potioneer, a member in good standing of the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers, and his career was already on a good track. Still, by ancient tradition, he was required to ask permission of the clan’s chieftain before he did anything else in regards to his intended. Mother Grey smiled in her usual kindly fashion when he approached her with his request, and when he was finished, she gave a slight wink, and said, “So what are you waitin’ on me fer, lad? Go ask her already.

Canaan wanted today to go well, and suggested they take this outing to see the cliffs of Dover. Remembering that positively ancient song by Vera Lynn, he wondered if there were, in fact, bluebirds present to fly over those white cliffs. He knew Dover held a special place in Annie’s heart, and he had hoped that, on this day of days, the weather would cooperate, and they could have clear skies for their outing. He also made the effort to dress up a little more today than he might have usually. A pair of dress slacks and a button-up shirt with a vest, was what he chose to wear, casual, but dressy casual, and the ring was in its box, tucked safely in his vest pocket.

OOC:
mc2

Taken by Annabella Clodagh Sheehan

User Image
                  "The curtain rises on the scene, With someone shouting to be free
                  The play unfolds before my eyes, There stands the actor who is me
                  The sleeping hours takes this part, Through traffic, telephones and fear
                  Put out your problems with the cat, Escape until a bell you hear

Our reasons are the same, But there's no-one we can blame
                  For there's nowhere we need go, And the only truth we know comes so easily "

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx✵ Historian and Assistant at the Historian Office in Devon, England ✵ Hufflepuff Alumna ✵ taken by Canaan Grey ✵
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Annie leapt at the opportunity for a day with Canaan and Connla for a day in Dover. She had almost forgotten the last time she visited Dover though she had always found it beautiful and romantic. Perhaps she would not have the love of the White Cliffs like many Englishmen due to her status as an Irish lass, but she could appreciate them and their history. So much was written about them how could she not admire them?

The Christmas of Canaan’s and her seventh year he had gifted a ring to her and many ways she considered it a promise ring between the two. Her mum and her stepfather Oliver may have been a bit surprised by the display of commitment so young but there was an understanding that it just made sense. Life was understood in the family to be short and fleeting and it was silly to put off things that would make you happy. Not that Canaan Grey was in any way a thing.

Annie loved Canaan and knew he made her a better person. Even when they were first years just becoming friends, he had made her stronger and more confident. She had thought they were only friends and never considered herself particularly lovable with her gangly limbs, crooked teeth, too bright red hair, and a face with plenty of freckles. She was not the picture of a romantic heroine even if she slowly grew into her looks and her mum even allowed her to get her teeth corrected using Invisaline. She was not sure when she noticed Canaan’s good looks and smile that made her heart squeeze tighter, but it was before Canaan did the unthinkable – he confessed to her. Like Annie would say, her and him was exactly right.

She smiled as she paused to pet Connla. It was more correct to say Canaan, her, and Connla as well as any future pups they might adopt. Unimaginable to think the skittish, optimistic red-haired Irish witch who had been terrified of dogs after being chased up a tree by several dogs with her childhood bully’s urging, had grown so comfortable around the dogs of the Grey family. Annie credited Canaan and Connla to showing her that there were no bad dogs in the world, not really, just bad owners. Her life was better for it. So much of her life was better for the handsome Potioneer by her side.

“I feel underdressed,” Annie confessed, nodding to her yellow sun dress and blue vegan leather jacket compared to his slacks and vest. All were finds from various thrift shops, but she had thought they were going to picnic in Dover most of the day, not go to a nice restaurant later on. Most restaurants wouldn’t let Connla in despite the dog’s good manners and she felt Canaan would have told her if she needed to dress more formally than usual. At least she was wearing one of her favorite outfits like she always tried to do when meeting Canaan. He might think her prettier than Annie felt she was, but that did not mean she shouldn’t make an effort. “Did I get the itinerary wrong?” Annie said a moment of worry flashing in her mind. “I can n** back home and change if need be.”

------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                          Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:45 am
User Image
Canaan Grey
Ravenclaw AlumnusMember of the Most Extraordinary Society of PotioneersNineteen Years OldSingleAnimagus

Seeing Annie in her pretty yellow sundress, there in the bright sunlight, and was reminded once more how lucky he was to have her in his life, and he loved the way the warm light played about in her long red hair. Truly, she looked the part of the bonny Irish colleen, and he planned at some point to coax her into letting him take some pictures of her, as he had his camera tucked in a bag for just that purpose, oh, and to take some snaps of the cliffs too.

When Annie mentioned feeling as though she were underdressed, Canaan thought for a moment that perhaps he'd given up the surprise without meaning to. He'd chosen to be a little dressier today because he felt he needed to be so, given the import of what he was planning, and, admittedly, he was taken with the history and the romance of where they were; he never wanted for Annie to feel uncomfortable.

Still he offered her a reassuring smile before pulling her gently into his embrace, telling her without words she had nothing to be concerned for. "Nae, not at all," he said to her, wanting nothing more than to enjoy the moment, and her company. He added, when she offered to pop home to change, "Nae need for that, Annie. You're perfect as a picture, an' beautiful, just the way you are...an' always have been."

OOC:
mc2

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:17 am
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx✵ Historian and Assistant at the Historian Office in Devon, England ✵ Hufflepuff Alumna ✵ taken by Canaan Grey ✵

Annie blushed as Canaan pulled her into his embrace. She looked up at him smiling as he reassured her that she wasn't underdressed. The funny thing was she trusted him. Not that she trusted the man she dated - that should be expected. No, it was funny she found someone to trust at all. She still feared losing him occasionally on particularly dark nights but her fear was never enough to want to push him away. Like her mum did point out, you never know how short life is going to be (or long). And Annie recognized that if it wasn't for the loss of her dad her mum would never have met Oliver and he was great, even if the running joke from her extended family was that he was an Englishman.

Annie's cheeks turned pink at Canaan's phrase and she countered, "Not all pictures are perfect. You should have seen my drawings as a kid. Dreadful stuff. And I still can't draw a nice looking horse or unicorn to save my life." Grinning she added, "Regardless of what you say, I'm glad Mum gave in to at least fix my smile. Doesn't fix my freckles or gangly-ness or my ears, but I'll take a smile I'm not embarrassed at."

She hoped when she decided to have kids, likely with Canaan, that they inherited his smile and not hers. The thought of kids and a long future darkened her light pink blush to fuchsia. How did she ever get so lucky to find a love like this? Attempting to quiet her runaway thoughts, Annie asked, "So, what's the plans Mr. Grey? I'd like to walk up to Dover Castle even if we don't go for a tour. It's a nice day so the walk up the White Cliffs might be nice."

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:01 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
Ravenclaw AlumnusMember of the Most Extraordinary Society of PotioneersNineteen Years OldSingleAnimagus

Canaan smiled as he looked into Annie’s eyes. As he did, he was reminded of the lyrics of the song he’d sang to her at the Music Festival, the first he took her there. ‘Yours are the sweetest eyes I’ve ever seen’ He knew in his heart he would be content if he could live in this moment for all the rest of his days. What started as a crush and deepened into something more, and he wouldn’t have a changed a bit of it if he could.

He chuckled softly as Annie mentioned her attempts at art when she was younger, and commented, “Hmmm, my own efforts weren’t good enough to put on the refrigerator door at home. Probably a good thing I didn’t take Professor Hawthorne’s art class.” As Annie mentioned having her smile ‘fixed’, he said to her softly, ‘I love your freckles, an’ your ears, an’ all the rest of you as well. You’re beautiful just as you are. I remember seeing you in that dress at the school dance when we were Fifth Years; you lit up the room. You were the sweetest, prettiest girl at Hogwarts, an’ still would be if’n we hadn’t graduated.

When her blush deepened, he pulled Annie just a little closer, gave her hand a gentle squeeze, and he said to her when she asked about plans, “Plans? Wherever you wish to go, I would be happy to be with you. The tours are okay, but I think we’d have much more fun exploring the castle on our own, and we can certainly walk up the cliffs any time you wish it. However, there is one thing I’d like to do first.

Canaan drew a deep breath before saying anything else, and looked into Annie’s eyes as he composed himself. “Annie, I don’t know if you truly realize just how special you are. I cannae think of anyone else I would want te be here with, and I wouldnae want te try. You mean all of the world to me, an’…” As he held her hand, Canaan dropped to one knee, drew the jewelry box from his vest pocket, and opened it so Annie could see the ring contained therein.

He spotted it in the window of a shop in Dublin when he was visiting there, and knew at once it was the one, and took it as a sign that the time had come. The ring was done in the traditional style of the Claddagh (ooc: which apparently are given as both an engagement and a wedding ring, as I discovered recently), however where it differed, was the heart was made from a diamond. Needless to say, he purchased it then and there, fearing it might be sold to someone else if he didn’t.

Holding the box so Annie could see the ring, nestled securely in its nest of blue velvet, Canaan added, “I’d be honoured beyond words to marry you, if’n you would be of a mind te allow it. So, will you marry me?

OOC:
mc2

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:46 am
xxxxxxxxx✵ Historian and Assistant at the Historian Office in Devon, England ✵ Hufflepuff Alumna ✵ engaged to Canaan Grey ✵

Annie smiled at Canaan's confessions on his own visual artistic pursuits. He might not be able to draw much but he could perform music which Annie could never hope to do. She could stay more or less in tune when she attended mass (weekly since as she refound her faith with the Catholic Church casual attendance was looked down upon). She enjoyed the singing and worship though. It was nice to think there was someone up there looking out for her. Considering how her life was going and she found Canaan (or he found her) she reckoned someone looking out for her made sense.

As Canaan confessed his love for her appearance she could feel her blush settle into her cheeks as what felt to be a permanent fixture. Annie remembered in fifth year the dance and that dress. She thought the long sleeve modest dress in robin eggs blue though pretty and brought out her eyes was simple. She didn't want to stand out too much back then and frankly still didn't always want to stand out. She doubted she lit up the room to anyone but Canaan. She wasn't a natural beauty like some of the other girls in her class like Margaux. She still had a funny smile and freckles and bright red hair. Canaan might have been the only one to think she would be the sweetest, prettiest girls to walk the halls of Hogwarts but that was okay. Annie firmly believed Canaan to be the kindest, smartest - brains and looks - person to walk the halls of Hogwarts. Other people's opinion didn't matter on this.

Annie remained lost in her thoughts and decided not to ruin the moment by countering or interrupting Canaan with her thoughts on her. She nodded as he asked about plans and suggested to avoid the tour of the castle. Annie had to agree. She had been on the tour before and at this point she felt her expertise was good enough she could give her own tour if she wanted. English architectural history was something she studied quite a bit. She was paid to study English, Scottish, and Irish history for her job so she prided herself in being well read when not an expert on such subjects. She nodded about the tours and raised a brow when Canaan confessed there was one thing he wanted to do first. "Sure, anything you want," She said a bit of confusion and amusement in her voice.

Suddenly Canaan was confessing his love for her and as he said there was no one else he wanted to be, her hand moved to her mouth as her mouth dropped. No? Really? He held her other hand and a jewelry box was withdrawn from his pocket. As he opened it, Annie would have gasped if she hadn't already lost the air to do so from her previous drop of her mouth.

It was traditional with a slight twist. The Claddagh style with an engagement ring. History meeting the future. Isn't that what marriage was about? Two families joining and creating a new future family line. The ring was perfect. Hell if he would have proposed with a princess cut white gold diamond designed by Margaux it would still be perfect. It could be a ringpop and still perfect! It was perfect because of Canaan.

She nodded before she could find her voice. "Of course! Of course I would marry you Canaan," She agreed. Part of her mind reminded her that the right answer was supposed to be 'yes' but she didn't care. 'of course' was just as good. She was too excited to worry about perfecting her answer in an otherwise perfect moment.

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:55 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
Ravenclaw AlumnusMember of the Most Extraordinary Society of PotioneersNineteen Years OldEngagedAnimagus

When Annie agreed to marry him, Canaan wanted very much to offer up a howl of sheer joy, and it was just as well Connla beat him to it. It would have been unsettling to others if he'd shifted form there and then to howl at the sky, and lick Annie's whole face. Instead, he settled for glancing over at his old canine companion, whom was bouncing about at the end of his tether in excitement, and chuckling.

He glanced down long enough to position the ring, and making sure it was pointed in the right direction, before looking up into Annie's beautiful eyes, while sliding it onto her finger. All he needed to do was look into her trusting eyes to know he'd made the best decision in his lifetime. Canaan knew they still had much to do before they were wed, but all that could wait for another day. 'God, let this day never end for us,' he thought. If he hadn't a happy memory already to summon a Patronus by, he did now.

By this point, Connla had pulled enough of the extendable lead out of the spool at Canaan's belt, that the leash was wrapped around both him and Annie, and he was doing his happy bark as he danced about. "I love you with all my heart, Annie," he told Annie quietly, before kissing her hand, over the engagement ring. Holding both of Annie's slim hands in his own, Canaan placed them so they were over his heart, as he leaned in to tenderly kiss his fiancée.

OOC:
mc2

Engaged to Annabella Clodagh Sheehan

User Image

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff