Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Forest of Bowland ~ England

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:32 pm
Forest of Bowland

User Image

The Forest of Bowland, also known as the Bowland Fells, is an area of barren gritstone fells, deep valleys and peat moorland, mostly in north-east Lancashire, England. A small part lies in North Yorkshire, and much of the area is in the historic West Riding of Yorkshire. Once described as the "Switzerland of England", it has been designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty since 1964, and is used for grouse shooting, walking and cycling, though it is relatively unfrequented by tourists. The name "forest" is used in its traditional sense of "a royal hunting ground", and much of the land still belongs to the British Crown as part of the Duchy of Lancaster. In the past wild boar, deer, wolves, wild cats and game roamed the Bowland, which survives as the north-western remainder of the ancient wilderness that once stretched over a huge part of England. Contrary to the popular histories, the origins of the name "Bowland" have nothing to do with archery or with mediaeval cattle farms or vaccaries. The name derives from the Old Norse boga-/bogi-, meaning a "bend in a river". Well known caves in the area include Hell Hole, Whitewell Cave and Whitewell Pot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:57 pm
User Image
                                                  Your clothes never wear as well the next day
                                                  And your hair never falls in quite the same way
                                                  You never seem to run out of things to say

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Eli really didn't want to think about where he was, or why he was even here. He had no clue, only that there were windows where he was and the place looked to be near a forest. The place also looked to be some kind of old barn, considering the musty straw and the fact that he had his hands tied to a beam above him that could be the support for a loft. He didn't want to look elsewhere, since he had, and hadn't liked what he'd seen in one of the corners. Two bodies, one years old, and the other one fairly fresh. He could have sworn he saw the second kid at school sometime, but he really didn't want to let his mind travel down that route. Just in case it really was someone he knew, and he was just yet another that was going to be murdered. Nice, he was thinking he was going to be murdered. It was possible, as the guy hadn't said much of anything in the entire time that Eli was here. Well, in English, anyway. He couldn't understand the other language the guy used. Maybe given a few context clues and time, maybe, but certainly not in the time he'd been in here.

His arms were of course well above his head, and his shoulders ached. He hadn't been here long, maybe three or so hours at most, but the guy hadn't wasted time. Crowbars. Why the heck did the guy feel like using a crowbar? He was certain something was shifting as he breathed in and out, and his side hurt like fire or something. At least he wasn't coughing up blood, which meant that the ribs the guy probably broke didn't puncture a lung. He was also pretty certain he could feel a loose tooth from the repeated blows to the face. Hopefully the guy would leave it at that, but of course Eli was too genre-savvy to believe that. After all, every psychotic murder tortured their victims. At least in the films. He didn't want to think there was a real-life equivalent in the world, but he had the misfortune of running into one. Nice.

The guy had disappeared for a bit, but now returned shortly carrying a pair of pliers. Oh, that didn't look good. Eli tried to smile and look apologetic. Maybe the guy owned the dog? Maybe? If he was, Eli was determined to apologize. Maybe all of this would stop? Long shot, but maybe it would work.
                                                  "Hey, um, sir? Look, I'm sorry if that was your dog. I mean, I didn't mean for it to lose all of its fur. That kind of just happened. I can't exactly explain how or why, but-"

"My dog? Skitten-blod, that was not my dog. You, however, used magic. Tyv, you performed magic. Magic that was not meant for you. Where did you steal it from? What squib now has to lead the life you were meant for before your reprehensible theft?" Eli blinked. Wait, what? He didn't steal anything. He'd had magic for as long as he could remember. Granted, he didn't know it was magic, but still. It had been there. It was his own.

However, Eli doubted that was the answer that he could give. Not in this position. Clenching his fists to try and work blood into his freezing fingers, he tried to think of something.
                                                  "Okay, so my magic's supposedly stolen. Good to know. There's like some way of giving it back, right? Hopefully without killing me? I mean, if I give it back, then no harm done, right? I just give it back and everything's good?"

The man chuckled, his eyes dark as he regarded his captive. Eli really didn't like that laugh. He tried struggling against his bonds, hoping to escape. "Skitten-blod, do you always talk this much? Perhaps that's the issue. Maybe I should remove the capacity to speak. After all, you can't cast spells without a tongue, can you? Maybe then it would return back to where it came from."

"Oh no, nonononono, you can't do that! Seriously, I didn't do anything! Let me go!" Eli's words fell on deaf ears and the man turned and walked away. Eli just squeezed his eyes shut and hoped this was just the result from binge-watching too many slasher films last night.

════════════════════════
                                                  Location: Barn off of Forest of Bowland
                                                  Thinking: Oh geez, what the ********:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Now how many lovers would stay
                                                  Just to put up with this s**t day after day
                                                  Now how did we wind up this way
                                                  Watching our mouths for the words that we say
                                                  As long as we stand here waiting
                                                  Wearing the clothes or the soles that we choose
                                                  Now how do we get there today
                                                  When we're walking too far for the price of our shoes

mc2

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:42 pm
User Image
Cara Jane League
Head Obliviator

> Youngest Daughter of the Robert and Jane Avery, Wife of Dr. Sinclair League and Mother of Three
> Born on January 24, 1988 in Tinworth
> Wand: Springy, with a decorated shaft, 9 inches, Elm, Fairy Hair
> Pureblood Slytherin
> Dressed: to be remembered

Currently it is: Summer of 2029xxx

Cara was more than happy to point out that tracking down criminals or law breakers was far from a part of her job. Damage control-that was her job. Of course, it seemed the criminally inclined were the type to forget something as simple as discretion. Cara never understood how it was that so many criminal types-especially of the old families-kept landing themselves in Azkaban. It wasn't like it was impossible to do less than laud worthy deeds (many illegal) and still not be locked up by the ministry. Perhaps it was arrogance and forgetting that no longer did blood lines actually matter-or not in the eyes of the law. However, Cara was fairly sure she was following an insane kidnapper, after she had to obliviate yet another muggle, rambling about some 'blonde man with some pale kid slung over his shoulder appearing out of thin air-just like poof'. This latest muggle, some nosy old woman, who had the most horrendous taste in fashion and smelled a bit like a dog (probably thanks to the dog hair clinging to the faded mauve sweater she wore), claimed she saw some weird 'to dos' up at her neighbors barn and cawed "I bet it is those creepy Satan worshiping, pot smoking, no-account teens who broke a window down at the school last week".

The woman's description was vague at best and Cara merely politely shrugged with a smile before walking away and then apparating several hundred yards away from the back of the barn, near some tree line. She was planning on waiting for the aurors to arrive; however, considering this man kidnapped a kid, her instinct of concern washed away her better judgement: there was a reason her best friend in Hogwarts, Acacia Chaisty (now Ryans), had always joked she would have made a good Gryffindor.

Her boots crunched into the soft earth, and she focused on keeping sure footing since heels and having lost a leg makes walking a bit harder in uneven ground, and she approached the barn, and as she approached a window, paled, as she first caught sight of a body-fairly recent (but not an albino child)-and then an older body as she stepped to the window that was when she saw strung up the child that had met the description that had been given. He was bloody, looking like he had been tortured so far using crude, crass muggle techniques, but he was obviously still alive. Pulling out her wand she vanished the glass of the window, and pulled herself through, a lot less gracefully than she’d like to admit. Honestly, she was probably lucky (and so was the boy) that the wizard in question opted for such crude methods as he could have easily used a killing curse a long time ago. Torture… It was tasteless. And such brutal, physical torture… even muggles had come up with more classy and effective torture techniques. Cara put a finger to her lips as she stepped towards Eli, strung up, as she raised her wand and quickly used a severing charm on the ropes binding him to the beam above him, and moved to catch and steady the child.

Diamond Wales

((OoC: Please, forgive my horrid posting ability at the moment. sweatdrop ))

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:31 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Eli was concentrating on not freaking out, especially since he hadn't heard anything for a while from the other direction. Well, from the blond guy anyway. There was still the odd creak now and then from the building itself. Whatever the man was doing, Eli was trying not to envision what he might be coming up with. Sadly his imagination, honed from years of watching too many horror films, provided enough fuel that he was imagining all sorts of things. Like what a pair of clippers could actually do to someone's hand, or how much a person could take before they actually died. That never went well for the victims, he mused morbidly. However, despite what his mind was probably doing to his psyche (and making him swear off horror films in the future), he was trying to see if the beam above him could fray enough of the rope holding him that a good jostle could bring him down.

However, all of that flew out of his head the moment he realized that something had happened to the window. A moment later, some woman climbed through the window a bit clumsily. All thought vanished at the sight of a potential rescuer.
                                                  "You're real, aren't you? Plea-" Eli's mouth snapped shut as soon as she brought a finger to her lips and pulled out a wand. Eyes wide, he watched her sever the ropes holding him, and he gasped as his arms, as well as the rest of his weight, fell from the beam above. Thankfully she caught him, and Eli winced as her arms wrapped around his middle. Arms feeling like leaden weights, he found his balance and stood shakily on his own. A breathless chuckle escaped him, sounding more like a cough. Okay, so phase one of get the hell out of psychopathic dreamland complete. He looked at the woman, thinking she looked vaguely familiar, or at least looked similar to someone he knew, but hoping all the same she had a plan. Any plan would be nice right about now.

"Skitten-blod, who is this? I don't recall inviting anyone here, nor allowing you to leave. Please, introduce me to your friend so I can see who is so foolish to come after a mudblood." Eli's face drained of colour as he turned and saw the blond back, this time with his pliers and some bolt cutters. Lord, he wasn't kidding about the tongue removal? Heart now hammering, Eli backed off a step or two. Oh, please please please say she could beat him or something! Eli would totally help if he could do something too, but he was just hoping that the guy would just die now.

════════════════════════

mc2

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:54 am
User Image
Cara Jane League
Head Obliviator

> Youngest Daughter of the Robert and Jane Avery, Wife of Dr. Sinclair League and Mother of Three
> Pureblood Slytherin

Cara stumbled slightly, barely keeping herself steady as she caught Eli, who quickly found his own balance and stepped back from her shakily. Good he can walk, Cara thought. It wasn't like she would have been the most adept at carrying the boy-she barely caught him properly to be honest. She gave a small, hopefully reassuring smile at the boy, she didn't plan to leave him with some nutter who apparently got off torturing muggleborns in some B-horror-movie style.

As she considered her next move, her eyes moving to the two bodies already there she heard a voice and paused, her blood running cold, a fury through her veins and she turned from Eli who paled even more than he already was to the individual behind her. Her brown eyes narrowed in annoyance, the same look of disgust and annoyance that both David and Cathy had when angered. (Granted, David wore it far more often than Cathy). "Maybe you should have killed him sooner then," Cara spat out raising her wand and calling out, "Incarcerous" to bind the culprit with ropes (which honestly was about the limit to her prowess in any dueling). "And didn't anyone tell you that torturing mudbloods went out of style at least two decades ago? And, even muggles have more sophisticated means of torture than you... I don't think you even have the right to look down on people considering your crass methods."

She glared at the man, angered, but stood her ground, blocking Eli more or less from sight as she stood there, her anger clouding her instinct to run and abandon the place. Granted, she was pretty sure, she lost her chance to apparate away when she had set off the first spell at him. Some aurors better get here soon, was her thoughts as she continued to glare defiantly at the blonde man.

Diamond Wales

((OoC))

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:37 pm
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  I thought my demons were my friends
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

Dцґм₴тґaиg Alцмиї |ᛏ| Hёїя |ᛏ| Pцяёвlооd

════════════════════════

Roald had entered, anda surprising sight met his eyes. Never before had he been tracked down to where he brought his victims before, and judging by the fact the woman seemed to be ready to defend the mudblood, he almost laughed. This was actually amusing, he thought. Maybe this could turn into more fun than he'd imagined. After all, the woman was blocking his access to his prey, and the boy was just standing there, pale and frightened. If Roald would hazard a guess, he would assume that she was some kind of duellist.

Sadly, her skills were not that effective. Roald batted the ropes aside with a sweep of his wand, and clicked his tongue.
                                                  "Have you not heard that cats like to play with their prey before they kill them? No? Pity. You speak as though he should have rights, when he doesn't. His kind have no rights, not when skitte like him steal what's rightfully of magical families. They are lower than dogs, the lot of them, and I see nothing wrong with having my fun with them before I dispense justice." His eyes trailed over her and then back to the boy behind her, before coming back to rest on her face. "Does this make you a skitten-blod as well, or merely a blood traitor? Does your family even know you would rather roll with filth?."

As he spoke, his eyes trailed from her to the boy, contemplating. Then his eyes snapped back to her and he pointed his wand, looking lazy. "Crucio. You know, it's rather sad." He released the spell and looked over her, his face bored and his movements slow, calculating, as he approached the pair. "I don't think anyone knows you're here, just like no one knows the skitte is here either. And what shame! I'd be willing to let you go if you were willing to still your tongue, but I doubt that. You'd go to the first auror you could find and try and remove me."

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Playtime...
                                                  OOC:

Since I was young
                                                  I tasted sorrow on my tongue
                                                  And this sweet chocolate gun does not protect me

mc2

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:11 am
User Image
Cara Jane League
Head Obliviator

> Pureblood Slytherin

Cara's eyes narrowed as she stood her ground despite the ropes easily being swiped away. She was no duelist. She knew that much. Anyone could tell you that. Her strength was charms and memory manipulation. She could use the obliviate charm and weave a story that was so beautiful it fit seamlessly into a person's existence so fitting it made more sense and felt more natural than the actual truth at times, and even those who knew the truth found it easier to accept what she created to be the truth's in the head of those she had used the obliviate charm on. That hardly did very good in a fight. However, Cara was raised to prideful to back down from some insane, sloppy criminal. And when he went on about the 'stealing of magic', Cara couldn't help but let out a single short laugh despite the situation.

"Oh yes, squibs exist because some muggle stole their magic," Cara said with a roll of her eyes, before narrowing them once again, hand clutched on her wand as she glared and he went on about cats playing with their prey, first. Good, she thought darkly, that at least buys time till those I did call from the ministry are able to track me down and find this lunatic. After all, if the man did not kill his 'prey' right away it meant that she had far better chances on escaping with her life-as did the boy. As she had said, if he had wanted to keep the boy and dispose of him, he should have been quicker about it.

"Don't insult me or my family-I'm an Avery and the only man I make a habit of 'rolling with' is from a family just as old and pure as my own," She hissed, "I dear say my blood is far purer than many who feel they must constantly boast about their purity. There is no justice in killing mudbloods, you idiot. It does nothing. Squibs never had magic to steal that's the thing with squibs."

She paused, her hand clenching on her wand as she stood between the boy in question and Roald. And she flinched even before the spell hit her, she stumbling and barely catching herself on the floor, and then letting out a scream far more shrill than Eli had not long before she had arrived. As the curse let up, tears stinging her eyes, smudging her mascara and make-up, she gasped for breath, managing to glare up at him with pure hatred and defiance as he stepped towards them. As he let out threats and pointed out she would go to the first auror to try and remove him she spat at him and hissed, "Forget aurors... at this point they're too good for you." No, let someone else deal with him. Someone not at all squeamish about putting a man six foot under missing all of his limbs and barely breathing but alive enough to starve in the pit. No, she might not be powerful enough witch to do it herself, but you didn't come from an old Slytherin family without being able to find someone able to handle issues in that very manor.

Diamond Wales

((OoC))

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:02 pm
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  I thought my demons were my friends
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

Dцґм₴тґaиg Alцмиї |ᛏ| Hёїя |ᛏ| Pцяёвlооd

════════════════════════

Roald's eyebrows shot up to his hairline as he heard her proclamation that she was of the house of Avery. Avery.... He knew just how ruthless they could be, but judging from the fact this one seemed to be missing a leg, it wasn't that hard to deduce that she had to be the squib-loving daughter in that family. A pity, really, that the family had fallen so low that she went and tainted her bloodline with a squib. Her insinuation had him chuckling, and then laughing at the sheer thought her blood was purer than his. "Your blood, purer than mine? When you roll with the skitten? I dare say not. How many times have your indiscretions tainted your bloodline, laying with the dogs? Isn't there a saying that you lay with dogs, you catch fleas? How filthy has your family become? And you dare lecture me about doing what's right?" His expression was manic, and he started laughing more, a shrill sound against the silence. The mudblood filth flinched at this, and Roald threw him a look before returning his gaze to Cara. "You are truly delusional if you don't see the evidence before your eyes. How many more of his kind have cropped up, and how many of ours have lost what he have? It's a gift, and they stole it!"

His voice rising, he jabbed his wand at the teen. "He should die, and perhaps that would reunite the poor soul with his magic. Maybe it was your squib he stole it from? Crucio!" The spell hit its mark, and Roald smirked as the albino let out a shriek of pain before he let up, leaving the mudblood standing. He then turned his wand back toward Cara, who had spat at him and stated aurors would be too good for him. "Oh no, no no no. You see, he wouldn't be the first victim. He's just one of many." He reached out and snatched her by the chin, forcing her to look at the bodies in the corner. He was no longer looking at the albino. "Do you see those two? Both of them were adopted by my sister's family. Oh, how they begged when I administered to them. Sadly, they were unable to take my solutions, and I gave them a mercy, see? They are so much better now, can't you see it? Street rats and blood traitors, the both of them. They can't perverse the rest of wizardkind with what they are."

He reared back and slapped the woman, smirking. "It's no matter, though. They'll never find your body, as they'll never find the skitten-blod. You two will be forgotten, and the wizarding world will be better off. Perhaps you'll find redemption wherever you're going. I know the mudblood never will. His crimes are far too great. Farewell, blood traitor. Avada kedavra." He had brought up his wand to her face, and smirked as the green glow shot out. Now for the other one.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Playtime...
                                                  OOC:

Since I was young
                                                  I tasted sorrow on my tongue
                                                  And this sweet chocolate gun does not protect me

mc2

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:21 pm
User Image
Cara Jane League
Head Obliviator

> Pureblood Slytherin

Cara's glare remained on Roald and she refused to flinch even as he showed how insane he truly was as he went on, his manic laughter echoing in the barn. A lot could be said about the sanity of her family and she wasn't stupid enough to think they weren't off murdering or torturing the occasional person or two-or had-but that was usually for some logical reason. There was something to gain from it. Something any rational person could see what the gain was... it was a controlled madness... this man was far from that. And his insanity all the more evident when he turned his attention to the teen and before Cara could gain enough composure to even attempt to think of something to distract him and beyond the realization that the man was completely and utterly bloody insane, he had already struck.

As he turned to her and grabbed her chin she glared at him still and didn't turn her eyes away from the bodies he jerked her head towards. Until finally she glanced to the man hatred boiling in her veins as she moved to grip her wand, but before she could properly close her hand around it a crack broke the silence and she reached her hand to her cheek astounded. Her eyes widening and she moved back only a few feet, unable to move further as the wand was raised and the last sight her brown eyes would see was the green light blinding the tip of the wand that was aimed at her, and she fell back, crumpled to the floor silent and still, not a single more of her hatred towards this man to ever be able to cross her lips again.

Diamond Wales

((OoC))

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:51 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Eli was left panting and trembling in pain when the madman went for the older woman. The older woman who apparently was from the... A small sound escaped his lips, thankfully unheard by either adult. Oh no, this was Cathy's mum? A chill went down his spine as he watched the scene, suddenly feeling sick to his stomach. She'd come after him, and was now in a very bad situation because of him. When thecrack of the man's hand across Cathy's mum's cheek sounded, Eli was shaking again. Not in pain, but in fear. This was a fully-grown witch, and he was punishing her for trying to save him. Why the hell did he leave his wand at home again? Right, Statute of Secrecy and the whole can't cast magic outside of school. If he could have, he never would have been in this situation. He would have...

Have what? A small voice in the back of his head whispered. Taken on the madman, who had decades of experience in this? At least that's what Eli took from the man's speech. He'd been doing this for years, and Eli had only been casting magic for what? Four years now? He wasn't nearly skilled enough to think he could beat him. However... His thoughts were interrupted when the green light flashed, and Cara League fell still, her eyes glassy and unseeing. The man looked to be admiring his own handiwork, and Eli held his breath, his side still on fire, but now with a fresh sense of determination running through him. No, that wasn't going to be him, damnit! Not when he had anything to say about it!

Making up his mind, he waited for the man to turn to drag Cara's body over to the corner before he launched himself at the window. He clambered through it, and heard the man swear behind him. s**t! He ran then, ignoring the stabbing pain in his side as he raced to what he figured was going to be freedom. Tears in his eyes, he saw the treeline and made a beeline for it. Already he could hear the man in pursuit, and he gulped down air as he tucked into a roll, barely avoiding the curse the man threw his way. Rolling back to his feet, he managed to breach the trees and didn't stop, weaving between them. He had the advantage of being smaller and more agile, and the teen didn't stop.

It took a while, but the sound of pursuit dwindled and Eli slowed, ducking behind a tree. He then collapsed, trying to catch his breath. Coughing soon followed, and Eli covered his mouth, trying to stifle the noise. When the coughing eventually subsided, he brought his hand away and felt his heart sink. God, he was coughing up blood? He must have done something to his lung during that run. Thankfully, it distracted him from the scene back at the barn. He didn't want to let his mind wander back there, and instead concentrated on trying to figure out if he'd lost the man.

When nothing sounded for a while, the tension in his body loosened, and Eli thunked his head against the rough bark of the tree behind him. A new wave of coughs seized him, and Eli was left gasping and spitting up the blood that filled his mouth. He had to get out of this forest. However, the madman was still out there, and was probably stalking him. Wasn't that what crazy killers did? Eli shook his head, trying to get the thought out of his head. No, he wasn't going there. That way led to madness, and he wasn't going nuts because of that guy. He waited a bit longer, and then stood. Whoever he was, the guy had to be long gone. Cara had mentioned aurors. Had she contacted them? He hoped so. Hopefully they managed to get the guy too.

He was exhausted, both physically and emotionally when he emerged from the forest finally, the day gone and night settling over the area. He could see the barn, but froze when he saw movement. The pale teen was about to bolt when he saw a beam of light sweep over the area he was at when he heard another voice call behind him, "Whoa, here's a kid. Wonder where he came from?" It was too much, and Eli made to run. However, he didn't get three steps before his legs gave out and he pitched forward instead. Dimly he heard someone yelling and saw several other lights focus on him. Unfortunately, he couldn't exactly stay conscious. A full day of running, being beaten, tortured, and seeing death first-hand finally caught up to the teen, and he passed out.

════════════════════════

mc2

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:24 pm
User Image
                                                    Flick flack,
                                                    No slack,
                                                    I got the wit that my enemies lack,
                                                    But I know what I am,
                                                    They know what they are
                                                    So let me be

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

poolqǝɹnԀ |ᛗ| sǝzǝǝɥM ƃuıpɹɐzıM s,ʎǝlsɐǝM ɟo ɹǝuʍO |ᛗ| ıuɯnl∀ ɹopuıɟɟʎɹ⅁

════════════════════════

A crack resounded through the field as Luke appeared, green eyes scanning the area. He'd finally persuaded his brother to let him investigate something, and the redhead was determined to investigate it fully. Granted, it was without Steffi, but he was slightly afraid of what would happen to her if what he suspected was true. A barn, outside of the Forest of Bowland, where the bodies of Cain and Del were found. The barn had been extensively searched, and the bodies removed, but that just meant that Luke was working off of three-year-old information. However, Cain had been missing for a good long while before that, and part of him wanted to give closure to his family. He knew Magni did as well, and he considered Jer and Steffi as much family as anything else. Well, Steffi more than family, but he wasn't going there.

Red brows furrowed as he examined the barn itself. From the reports, the kid that had been kidnapped and escaped had come out of the forest, roughly two hundred yards from the barn. He wasn't about to question the kid, knowing that the muggleborn wouldn't appreciate someone prying into what was probably the darkest day of his life, so he was basing everything he knew on the reports. The reports themselves stated that they had searched the forest, but hadn't gotten conclusive evidence. However, if he knew his uncle as well as he thought he did, Roald wasn't sloppy. He'd been a thorn in Luke's side since he could remember, and had managed to ruin his credibility in regards to Roald years ago. So, forest first, or the barn?

He decided on the barn first, and then retrace the evidence from there. The bodies were gone, but that meant nothing if he could figure out from the kid's statements exactly what happened there and afterward. He stepped into the barn first, smelling must and mould and dry rot from the decaying structure. He'd been in jail when it happened, and he shook his head, thinking that this made for a miserable setting for the last moments of someone's life. He quickly strode forward, ignoring the other areas of the barn and instead looking toward where the bodies were discovered. The area had been scoured for evidence, and he shifted through the dirt covering the floor with his shoe. He then took a deep breath and focused on the place where the bodies had been discovered.

He grit his teeth as he knelt and examined the floor. The floorboards here were dark and rotten, most likely due to the fact that moisture had been gathered here from bodies. The smell was long gone, but Luke could easily imagine how bad it must have been. Cain had been there for five years, undiscovered, while Del had been there for about three. He stood, thinking that it wasn't fair, and had to remind himself that he wasn't a Gryffindor, not really. He was out here to exact justice for his cousin and friend's murders, but he also knew it was to exact revenge in a way. He wasn't a saint, and he never pretended to be. Fair had never been exactly a fan of his, and his childhood was proof enough of it.

Deciding to turn away from the ghosts that were haunting that corner, he instead turned to look at the rest of the area. The report had stated something about a rope being used, and the kid's statement had said something about being hung from the rafters. He eyed the rafters, thinking about where that would have been, when he noticed a slightly off colour about one of them. He looked around for something to stand on, and when he couldn't find one, made a face and conjured a chair. He then set about standing on it and looked the beam over. Apparently it looked to be rubbed clean in the past, and several locations in the beam confirmed it. Someone had been struggling on it, and he tamped down on a sudden rush of anger at the idea that Cain or Del had been strung up on it.

Hopping down, he then started looking over the area that they would have hung from carefully. Unlike wizards, he had the advantage of thinking in very muggle means. Partially because he thought for a while he was actually a muggleborn, he mused. He knelt down and started examining the floor carefully, wiping away grime and dirt until he was staring at the floor itself. There! something that looked like it had been carved into the floor by a blunt item, possibly a fingernail. It wasn't much, but it gave him something to work with. A single letter, R, was in the floor, and Luke wasted no time in casting a severing charm on the floor to cut out that section and then placed it in a conjured bag.

He spent another hour scouring the barn, but came up empty-handed, and instead decided to look toward the forest. He went through the window, figuring if nothing else, he might be able to find evidence upon the kid's entrance and then exit. The exit point was probably well-searched, but the entrance was more likely to have been overlooked. He frowned, thinking. Okay, scared panicking kid running toward the forest, where would he go? He wasn't a scared panicking kid however, but he figured he'd take the shortest distance to the forest. Which meant that the kid probably did too. He strode forward, wand already out just in case. He held no delusions that if the person that committed the murders was still around, he was most likely to be in the forest, but Luke was certain that they wouldn't be. Not after all these years. However, he couldn't be too careful here.

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Okay, checked out the barn, now to see if I can figure out something in the forest...
                                                    Taken By: Steffi Theresia
                                                    OOC:

Trick some,
                                                    Just begun,
                                                    Giving you more when you only want one,
                                                    Cause I know what I am
                                                    They know what they are
                                                    So let me be

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:57 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                ┏ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Quiet. That was how Cain would describe most days in the forest; quiet. Other than the birds chirping sometimes, and maybe a deer or some other animal poking around, things were pretty slow. He didn't mind, though. It wasn't like he could do much anyways. He spent most of his days wandering the forest aimlessly. He was a ghost; he didn't need to have an agenda. That was something that still got to him every once in a while. He was dead. He was a spirit, left to haunt the very woods he had passed away in for the rest of eternity. It had been years, he figured. He didn't know how many. At one point, he had tried to count the days, but after a while, they all blended into one extremely long one.

Cain sighed, shoving his pale gray hands into the pockets of his blood-stained coat. He didn't even know what ghosts did. Were they supposed to find people to scare, like in the movies? Or maybe a big creepy house to haunt? That didn't appeal to him. He didn't like to scare people, and he didn't like creepy houses. He was used to the forest by this point, but only because he was stuck there. Well, he could probably leave, if he wanted to, but where would he go? There wasn't anywhere for him to go. He couldn't go home now. 'I wonder if they think about me...' he thought with a stern look. He doubted his family would forget him, but at the same time, why hadn't they come looking for him?

Well, maybe he had spoken too soon. Cain heard the footsteps coming his way, his head jolting up as he stared towards the source of the noise. Panicking, he hid behind a tree, occasionally peeking out from behind the thick trunk to catch a glance of the person in his woods. It was a young man with dark red hair, a thin face and mischievous eyes. Cain blinked in confusion, pondering his thoughts. It couldn't be him, could it? And if it was, how long had it been since he was taken? There was no way he could have aged that much... But, what if it was? Why would he be here, otherwise? No one came out to this forest just for a stroll, and the young man seemed to be looking for something, or someone. Was he... looking for him? Cain floated out from behind his hiding place, hovering several feet away from the red haired man.

"...Luke?"
                                                ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ┛
                                                𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝒢𝐻𝒪𝒮𝒯 𝒪𝐹 𝐵𝒪𝒲𝐿𝒜𝒩𝒟 𝐹𝒪𝑅𝐸𝒮𝒯 xxxx

When I get where I'm going on the far side of the sky,
                                                The first thing that I'm gonna do is spread my wings and fly.
                                                I'm gonna land beside a lion and run my fingers through his mane.
                                                Or I might find out what it's like to ride a drop of rain.
                                                Yeah when I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears.
                                                I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years.
                                                And I'll leave my heart wide open. I will love and have no fear.
                                                Yeah when I get where I'm going, don't cry for me down here.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:50 pm
User Image
                                                    Flick flack,
                                                    No slack,
                                                    I got the wit that my enemies lack,
                                                    But I know what I am,
                                                    They know what they are
                                                    So let me be

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

poolqǝɹnԀ |ᛗ| sǝzǝǝɥM ƃuıpɹɐzıM s,ʎǝlsɐǝM ɟo ɹǝuʍO |ᛗ| ıuɯnl∀ ɹopuıɟɟʎɹ⅁

════════════════════════

Luke turned toward the sound of his name instantly, his wand up and pointed at... He blinked, lowering it. There was no way. He knew about ghosts, and that they usually didn't pass over when they died. He also knew that only a wizard could be a ghost, which caused the former Gryffindor to hesitate before he approached slowly, his heart pounding. There had been some part of his mind hoping that maybe the reports had been wrong, that Cain had somehow escaped death, but this? He suddenly felt the altogether too familiar sense of guilt gnaw at him, something that he'd felt during his time in prison. He shivered, thinking that this was probably a bad way to find out that someone that had been in his family for a brief time had been murdered. "Cain?"

He was certain that this wasn't an apparition by this point. Not with how long Cain's ghostly visage hadn't wavered or disappeared. His eyes flicked back toward where he knew the barn stood, and he swallowed convulsively. "You're dead. Herregud, er du død. W-what happened? How long have you been out here? No, don't answer that. I... I have an idea." He held up a hand, trying to think, and wanted to simultaneously curse something or punch something. Cain was here, and yet no one had known. Steffi certainly didn't, and she wasn't the only one. Jer, Kenny, Tobi, none of them knew, and he knew that Steffi in particular had ended up crushed. He wasn't even going to consider how they'd feel about knowing that not only was Cain dead, but he was now haunting the forest outside of his murder scene. "You... Merlin, if we'd known, ugh!" He was wrong. No, he didn't want to curse or hit something. He just wanted to set something aflame, preferably Roald. Luke was certain that his 'uncle' was entirely responsible for this.

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Okay, checked out the barn, now to see if I can figure out something in the forest...
                                                    Taken By: Steffi Theresia
                                                    OOC:

Trick some,
                                                    Just begun,
                                                    Giving you more when you only want one,
                                                    Cause I know what I am
                                                    They know what they are
                                                    So let me be

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:56 am
User Image

User Image
                                                ┏ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Cain watched silently as the man turned to look at him. His face seemed to drop, as if he had seen, well, a ghost. He was already pretty pale, so he could't tell if the man had gotten paler by looking at him. Then, he said his name. Cain's eyes went wide. It had been so long since anyone had said his name. If he had the ability to cry, he would be right now. He would cry and run to hug his adoptive brother, but seeing as he couldn't do any of those things, he remained still as Luke came to him. "I don't think you really want to know what happened, Luke. It isn't exactly a pleasant bedtime story. As for how long I've been in the forest, I'm not sure. I lost count of the days a long time ago, but if I had to put a number on it, I'd say... several years. Yeah, that sounds about right," he replied, thinking hard about exactly how long he had been dead. It had to be years upon years, not centuries but long enough for Luke to age the way he had. Luke seemed lost in thought, leaving Cain to his own. How were Steffi and Jer and the others? Did they get along just fine? Did they have families of their own by now? Surely not, but some of them must be at least planning one for themselves, right? "Don't feel bad for me, Luke. That man... That man was completely insane. Besides, if it had to have been anyone, I'm glad it was me that he took. I wouldn't have wanted him to hurt you or Steffi or anyone else... Of course, that didn't stop him from hurting that other boy, but..." he added, avoiding saying the name of his murderer. Even now, he was still afraid of him, terrified of even the thought of him. His name was enough to give Cain a waking nightmare, seeing as he didn't really sleep anymore.
                                                ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ┛
                                                𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝒢𝐻𝒪𝒮𝒯 𝒪𝐹 𝐵𝒪𝒲𝐿𝒜𝒩𝒟 𝐹𝒪𝑅𝐸𝒮𝒯 xxxx

When I get where I'm going on the far side of the sky,
                                                The first thing that I'm gonna do is spread my wings and fly.
                                                I'm gonna land beside a lion and run my fingers through his mane.
                                                Or I might find out what it's like to ride a drop of rain.
                                                Yeah when I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears.
                                                I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years.
                                                And I'll leave my heart wide open. I will love and have no fear.
                                                Yeah when I get where I'm going, don't cry for me down here.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash