Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Town of Kenmare ~ Ireland

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:32 pm
Kenmare

User Image

Kenmare is a small town in the south of County Kerry, Ireland. The name Kenmare is the anglicised form of Ceann Mara meaning "head of the sea", referring to the head of Kenmare Bay, sometimes called the Kenmare River. This is where the Roughty River flows into the sea, at the junction of the Iveragh Peninsula and the Beara Peninsula. The traditional Irish name of the bay was Inbhear Scéine from the Celtic inver, which is recorded in the 11th century narrative Lebor Gabála Érenn as the arrival point of the mythological Irish ancestor Partholón. It is also located near the Macgillycuddy's Reeks, Mangerton Mountain, and Caha Mountains and is a popular hillwalking destination. Historically it is said to be the site of Viking raids. The town is the namesake of Kenmare lace, where, in the 19th century, sisters of the Poor Clare convent introduced needlepoint lace to the women and girls of the locality to help combat the poverty following the Great Famine. Kenmare is the home of the Kenmare Kestrels, one of only thirteen Quidditch teams that play in the Quidditch League of Britain and Ireland.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:22 am
User Image

The Wedding Party
Bride: Prudence Collins nee Lowery
Groom: Addison Collins
Maid of Honor: Victoria Maclellan
Best Man: Lyall Thompson
Bridesmaids: Rider Wilson, Catheryn Blake
Groomsmen: Dakota Vann, Leonard Collins

The Guest List
The Edgeworth Family
The Collins Family
The Blake Family
Feather Snow
Various +1s

The Location
Field in Kenmare, Ireland

The Date and Time
Date - Saturday, August 15th, 2037
Ceremony - 7 to 8 PM
Reception - 8 to 11 PM

SummerII

The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101

murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Shabatha

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:48 am
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
b r i g h i d
c o l l i n s

purebloodmagizoologistformer gryffindor

If you had told Pru Lowery- or, well, Pru Collins- that she'd be the first of her friend group to be married, and furthermore, the first of her generation of Lowerys/Edgeworths/Blakes to be married, she would have laughed in your face. Alas, here she was, the sky a mixture of orange and purple edging towards blue above the open field she was standing in, a warm summer night breeze rippling through it. Less than ten minutes ago she and Addy had said their vows and kissed, and now she wasn't Pru Lowery anymore. There was a little sadness in that, because at one point, the Lowerys had been a happy family, even if she could barely remember it now. But when the only people left to share her name hadn't even been invited- not that they would have bothered to show up- she couldn't afford to mourn the loss of her maiden name too much.

Mostly, she was just pleased everything had gone so well, and that everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves- and the food- now that the reception had begun. Pru was glad the weather had held up, and they hadn't had to use magic to shield the event from the rain or anything like that. And of course, she was thrilled to be married to Addy, whom she loved. They'd been together for nearly a decade now and had been friends for even longer. So while being the first to get married was surprising, that it was to Addy wasn't, in the slightest. "Well," the brunette said with a bit of a grin, leaning back in her seat a little to look at her husband, which still felt weird to say- "We did it. Made it down the aisle. In one piece, mind you. No last minute meltdowns or vanishings, no fights, and I bet the cake is going to be excellent."

OOC:
SummerII

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
├─▇▇▇═───────────────────────────═▇▇▇─┤
ค๔๔เร๏ภ c๏llเภร
gภyŦŦเภ๔๏ภ คlยмภเ

คยภ๏ภ เภเтเคтє

In the blink of an eye
Just a whisper of smoke
You could lose everything
The truth is you never know
So I'll kiss you longer baby
Any chance that I get
I'll make the most of the minutes and love with no regrets

It had taken months of planning, hours of work to do and it had gone off without a hitch, much to Addison's glee. Here he was, with the woman of his dreams, finally able to call her his wife. He remembered the first day that he met her almost a decade ago. All those years ago, Addy was some geeky little boy, but he grew into a geeky man, and he'd done it beside Pru. She was his sun and his stars, his light and his life, his everything. He couldn't have been happier that ten minutes ago, he'd said 'I Do'. The summer sun was just about to sink below the horizon as the guests filed into the yard to celebrate their wedding. Addison glanced over at his wife... his wife... that thought made him smile... He glanced over at his wife as she said that it had all gone down the way it was planned. The young groom smiled and took her hand in his. "It all went down the way we planned it, Mrs. Collins." He looked out at everyone as they started filing in, then drew her hand to his mouth, kissed it and said, "I bet you're right about that cake."

Let's take our time
To say what we want
Use what we got
Before it's all gone
'Cause no, we're not promised tomorrow
So I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

The Forgotten Weasley

Summer II

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:37 pm
User Image

Taken By : Feather Snow

User Image

Dakota had not expected to be attending the wedding of Addison and Prudence. It wasn’t that he didn’t expect them to get married. That much he had expected however he hadn’t been expected to be invited, never mind part of the wedding party. However, he was there and very much happy for both Pru and Addy. Course Feather had also been invited but he had yet to find her. Odd considering she had pink hair which generally stood out among the more standard colors of others.

The writer didn’t see himself getting married any time soon. It was a shame for his mum who was attending all his cousins’ weddings. Though, he was the youngest next to Grace who would probably be married long before him. It wasn’t that he wouldn’t want to get married just that he didn’t think he and Feather were ready for it. Until then he’d enjoy being part of his friends’ weddings.

Being involved in Pru and Addy’s wedding Dakota had already found himself a drink and was observing the wedding cake. It was red velvet. It was rather pretty even without icing. Looking at it, it looked pretty good. Secretly he wouldn’t mind eating it. There would be time for that later though.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ User Image

With: Friends!

Wearing: Suit and Tie

OOC: Open for interaction...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Henry the Black Catx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓁𝑒𝓇𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝒶𝑔𝓊𝓈𝐻𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

Lyall had been preparing for the wedding of two of his very best friends for weeks, including spending some of his hard earned money on a brand new suit. Of course, Rider had helped pick it out, but he really, really liked it! At the wedding, he walked with Tori Rae up the aisle, and he wished nothing more than to have it be Rider instead... But it wasn't Rider, it was Tori! He grinned and stood through the wedding, wiping away a few stray tears here and there. After it was over, he let Addy and Pru have a moment, before he hurried over to hug both and congratulate them. Luckily, something had clicked in his head while he stood through the wedding. The young man walked over toward his girlfriend, then slipped his arms around her waist. He gently kissed her cheek as he started a dance with the girl, his smile shining brighter than normal. He had decided he needed to go shopping the next time Rider was at work and he was off. He had a few jewelry shops in mind....

Summer II

Hᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛs ꜰᴀsᴛ. Cᴏʟᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇs
Hᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ? Hᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ?
Bᴜᴛ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ ɢᴏᴇs ᴀᴡᴀʏ sᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ.
Tɪᴍᴇ sᴛᴀɴᴅs sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ ɪɴ ᴀʟʟ sʜᴇ ɪs
I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Wʜᴀᴛ's sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ɪɴ ꜰʀᴏɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇ
Eᴠᴇʀʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ. Eᴠᴇʀʏ ʜᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs
I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅɪᴇᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ. Dᴀʀʟɪɴɢ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ.

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈, 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n--------

♪ I'll tell the world, I'll sing a song ♫
♪ It's a better place since you came along ♫
♪ Your touch is sunlight through the trees ♫
♪ Your kisses are the ocean breeze ♫
♪ Everything's alright when you're with me ♫

--------н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ----a l υ м n a
нealer aт ѕт мυngo'ѕ

When Rider had first learned of the engagement of Addison and Pru, Rider couldn't have been happier. She knew those two were destined to wind up together. But Rider was more than overjoyed when Pru had approached her and asked her to be a bridesmaid. They might have been enemies on the pitch, but they were good friends off it. And since neither of them had gone professional, it was all in the past. The wedding service had been brilliant and the girl had to admit, she'd shed some tears. Now they were headed to the reception, and Rider had happily clung to her date, her boyfriend Lyall. It had taken him a while, but he'd finally asked her to date him and she'd happily said yes. When he came back to her and started to dance with her, Rider smiled widely and let her boyfriend spin her. "Aren't you glad I didn't wear heels?" she asked, a slightly teasing tone in her voice. After all, she was already taller than him.

♪ I see the whole world in your eyes ♫
♪ It's like I've known you all my life ♫
♪ We just feel so right ♫
♪ So I pour my heart into your hands ♫
♪ It's like you really understand ♫
♪ You love the way I am ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:40 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓁𝑒𝓇𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝒶𝑔𝓊𝓈𝐻𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

Lyall happily danged with Rider, swaying and twirling her in time to the music. While they were dancing, she asked about his joy at her shoe choices, and he chuckled quietly. "That would make dancing a bit more difficult, I'll have to admit." He grinned, taking a moment to just hold his girlfriend close. Under the lights and in the setting, he believed he'd never seen a more beautiful girl in all his days. The male gently placed a kiss on the girl's lips, unable to stop his smile. He really was glad that he'd asked her to be his girlfriend. "You know, you look very beautiful tonight, my dear Rider."

Summer II

Hᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛs ꜰᴀsᴛ. Cᴏʟᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇs
Hᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ? Hᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ?
Bᴜᴛ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ ɢᴏᴇs ᴀᴡᴀʏ sᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ.
Tɪᴍᴇ sᴛᴀɴᴅs sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ ɪɴ ᴀʟʟ sʜᴇ ɪs
I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Wʜᴀᴛ's sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ɪɴ ꜰʀᴏɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇ
Eᴠᴇʀʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ. Eᴠᴇʀʏ ʜᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs
I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅɪᴇᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ. Dᴀʀʟɪɴɢ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ.

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈, 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:43 am
User Image
                                                I can't help it if I make a scene, stepping out of my hot pink limousine. I'm turning heads,
                                                And I'm stopping traffic. When I pose, they scream, and when I joke, they laugh.

𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓪 ℛ𝒆𝓷𝓪𝒆 ℳ𝓪𝓬𝓬𝓵𝒆𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓷
                                                Gryffindor Alumna / Seamstress Apprentice / Pureblood

I've got a pair of eyes that they're getting lost in. They're hypnotized by my way of walking.
                                                I've got them dazzled like a stage magician. When I point, they look, and when I talk, they listen.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Tori was surprised that it was none other than Pru and Addy tying the knot first for their graduating class. Maybe surprised wasn't the best word for it. She knew how much they cared about each other, and they were still at the top of her list of relationships. Still, they moved in together after graduation and started planning this amazing wedding, and they were all only twenty-one. Tori shrugged the thought off, thinking she was sounding like her mother. She was extremely happy for her friends, her best friends in fact. To top off the beautiful ceremony, that she totally didn't cry at, nope not at all, Tori had been chosen as Pru's Maid of Honor. She was, well, honored by her choice and clearly accepted. The entire day was wonderful, spending the morning getting ready with the other wedding party members, Rider and Caty, and Pru of course, then the wonderful wedding that, again, she didn't cry at all during, not a single drop. (Okay she bawled like a baby, thankfully she wore her waterproof mascara.) To finish off the day, everyone moved on to the reception area for dancing, food and small talk.

"Thank you for being my date today, Jayden." Tori had her arm wrapped around his, standing to the side and watching the others. Pru and Addy were being adorable, of course. Lyall and Rider were there as well, also looking quite cute. And there was Kota and Feather, another precious pair. Surrounded by her friends, that was Tori's life goal, in a basic summary. As for Jayden, he was the icing on the cake, the figurative cake, not the cake she was waiting to sink her teeth into. She really needed to talk to him about, well, them. Their relationship, what it was, and all that. They had been hanging out for years, going on dates and such, but Tori didn't remember ever calling him her boyfriend. The blonde blushed at the thought, convincing herself to just ask him. The worst he could say was no, after all. "So Jayden, I know we've been kind of a thing for a while now, and I was hoping you be okay with, um..." Why was this so hard. "I like you a lot and I was hoping we could make our relationship official? Like, I wanna be able to call you my boyfriend, and all that cute gushy stuff. Feels like I've waited long enough to ask you that." And she had. They had been flirting with each other nonstop for, what, five years?

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Well, everybody needs a friend, and I've got you, and you, and you.
                                                So many I can't even name them! Can you blame me? I'm too famous!
                                                Haven't you noticed that I'm a star? I'm coming into view as the world is turning.
                                                Haven't you noticed I've made it this far? Now everyone can see me burning.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:22 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxJ A Y D E N D R I C K S O N

Unemployed ◆ Gryffindor Alumnus ◆ Pure Blood

User Image

Nobody thinks what I think,
                                                              Nobody dreams when they blink
                                                              Think things on the brink of blasphemy
                                                              I'm my own shrink
                                                              Think things are after me, my catastrophe
                                                              I'm a kitchen sink,

Jayden had found the wedding boring to say the least, but he had kept his mouth shut like a good boyfriend. He would do pretty much anything for Tori, which was probably disgustingly gross... but he didn't care. And so he sat through the wedding with a nice suit on, and clapped when approrpriate and did everything he was supposed to do. It all reminded him of the posh stuck up parties his family took him too as a kid. He wondered briefly if this was what his entire life would be like but shrugged it away. It was what it was.

He blinked and shrugged at her thanks. Of course he'd been her date?
                                                              That's what boyfriend's did? The words she said next led him to confusion.
                                                              "Wait... wha?" He mumbled out, staring at her with a look that could only be one of sheer idiocy. One eyebrow was raised and his mouth was hanging slightly open. Wasn't he already dating her?
                                                              Were they not official? He had definitely thought they'd been official for quite some time now. He blinked slowly. "Uhh.... I've been calling you my girlfriend for a while Tori..... Thought you knew that. Sorry..." He rubbed his hair sheepishly, before leaning over to plant a gentle kiss to her cheek.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
                                                              ooc:

Are you searching for purpose?
                                                              Then write something, yeah it might be worthless
                                                              Then paint something then, it might be wordless
                                                              Pointless curses, nonsense verses
                                                              You'll see purpose start to surface

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

The Shiny Furret

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items