Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Loch and Key Inn and Tavern~Loch Lomond Scotland~Open/Hiring

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:33 pm
User Image

Welcome to our Inn and Tavern located in the tourist town subdivision of Loch Lomond, Scotland. The inn and tavern were bought and managed by Gerald and Jarai Ellis for nearing three decades before they finally retired and left the business to their son-in-law, Leslie Lovell. The Inn offers services of room and board along with meals varying from common Scottish and English as well as traditional Haitian cuisine. The pub next door serves the usual beers, ales, and mixed drinks, all with appropriate I.D., as well as a small menu of bar grub. Since the Inn and Tavern is located in such a busy portion of in its tourist (mostly muggle) location, they regularly get wizard and muggle guests. To help keep secrecy, wards have been placed around both establishments helping to keep the wizarding patrons safe. The Inn offers a floo room off to the side of the main lobby where guests can come and go as they please while the Tavern has a discrete wizard only entrance towards the back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:45 pm
XXXUser ImageUser Image

Lobby Floo Room

**Meals are included into the Room rates**
Inn Rates
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOpen~ ₠One Bed Room Quick Stay per night: 18 pounds 3 galleons, 10 sickles, 6knuts
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXStardard One Bed Room per night: 24 pounds 4 galleons, 13 sickles, 17 knuts
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOpen~ ₠Standard Two Bed Room per night: 48 pounds 9 galleons, 10 sickles, 6 knuts
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOpen~ ₠Standard Double Room per night: 120 pounds 24 galleons
XXXXXXXXXXXXOpen~ ₠Family Suite per night: 95 pounds 19 galleons

Open~ ₠Honeymoon Suite 1
Open~ ₠Honeymoon Suite 2
XXXXXXXXXX-Summer Weekly Rate: 3,000 pounds 600 galleons
XXXXXXXXXX-Winter Weekly Rate: 2,450 pounds 490 galleons

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOpen~ ₠Deluxe Single Suite per night: 150 pounds 30 galleons
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOpen~ ₠Deluxe Double Room per night: 300 pounds 60 galleons
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOpen~ ₠Deluxe Family Suite per night: 1000 pounds 200 galleons

**Only served to ID'd patrons**
Tavern Rates
XXXXXXX₠Ale: 2 pounds 6 sickles
XXXXXXX₠Lager: 2 pounds 6 sickles
XXXXXXXXXXXXX₠Various Beers: 2-5 pounds 6-12 sickles
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX₠Mixed Drinks: 5-20 pounds 12 sickles-4 galleons
XXXXXXXXXXXX₠Fish and Chips: 12 pounds 2 galleons 14 sickles
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX₠Pie and a Pint: 5 pounds 6 pence 1 galleon 7 knuts
XXXXXXX₠Ploughman's lunch: 5 pounds 1 galleon
₠Steak and Ale Pie: 9 pounds
1 galleon 15 sicklesXXX₠Shepherd's Pie: 8 pounds 5 pence 1 galleon 11 sickles
XXXXXXXXXXX₠Bangers and Mash: 7 pounds 1 galleon 2 sickles

~Revealing Charms are a wondrous thing, aren't they?~

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 pm
A sign is pinned hastily to both doors of the Inn and Tavern with a man's messy scrawl printed across the sign reading:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

on one side while on the other it reads:

Currently looking for Bellhops, Cooks, Maids, Barmaids or Barmen, and two General Managers.
Please send either inquire within or mail to the address with the following filled out:

Name: (link to profile)
OWL's and/or NEWT's (or their equivalents):
Experience:
Date you can start:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:37 pm
User Image
User Image

Tʜᴇʏ sᴀʏ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ.
I'ᴍ ʙᴀᴅ ʙᴇʜᴀᴠɪᴏʀ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴡᴀʏ.
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ ғʟᴀᴍᴇ. I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅ ᴅᴏɢ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs.
I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ ʜᴀʟғ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜʀɢʟᴀss. I ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ.

Cyd was wandering the lobby area of the nice inn that was owned by her boyfriend's family. They were pretty nice about letting her hang around, particularly now that she couldn't see her own toes. She was having issues controlling her hormones at times, and it seemed like she constantly had to pee, but she was doing alright. She looked around, holding on to the bottle of water she'd brought with her. The baby, London, was in an active mood, rolling and kicking inside. The woman hiccuped loudly, then lay a hand on her belly, trying to get him to calm down. He usually slept in the morning, but stayed up all through the night, leading her to be crankier than normal. Today, however, she was doing alright, thanks to a nice breakfast and a decent morning. She was still wandering around, when her water bottle slipped from her grasp and rolled on the floor. "Son of a.... s**t." She pondered, remembering wanting to have censored... and failed. Oh well. She tried leaning forward a bit, wiggling her fingers toward the bottle. She grumbled, trying again. After a third try, she sighed, then gave up, simply staring at the drink.

Sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴘᴀʏ-ᴏғғ ғᴏʀ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴀɴʏ ғᴀɪᴛʜ ɪs ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ's ᴛᴇsᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴅᴀʏ.
I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀʀɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ. Iᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ sᴜᴛᴜʀᴇs.
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ɪᴍᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟs, ɪᴍᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟs ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ғᴏʀ ʟᴏɴɢ, ғᴏʀ ʟᴏɴɢ.
Aɴᴅ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴜʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋᴏᴜᴛ ᴄᴜʀᴛᴀɪɴs ᴅᴏᴡɴ
Jᴜsᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ғᴏʀ ʟᴏɴɢ, ғᴏʀ ʟᴏɴɢ.

{Out of Character: She's too round for this}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:57 pm
User Image
"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Healing Professor of Hogwarts
Metamorphagus

Born in Georgia, U.S.A. on October 15, 2002
Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather
Former Chameleon Dorm Member at the Salem Institute of Witchfract and Wizardry
Mother of twins
Looking: Blonde and amused

Currently it is Summer of 2029xxx

Chrissy was taking some time away from Hogsmeade and figured it was good to look around Scottland more since her twins were born there. Half Irish, Half American, twins born in Scottland. Those kids were going to have so many issues growing up. Well at least they'd have an interesting accent between their parents and where they would be growing up (Georgia and then with her... perhaps with Bréanainn as well, she was on the fence about how dedicated he was about this thing). As Chrissy walked in to the tavern she spotted a very round woman trying to pick up a water bottle before giving up. Ah, how Chrissy was so happy she didn't look like a hippo anymore. And stretch marks? Pfft, what stretch marks? If she had them she wasn't going to tell. Perks of being a metamorphagus-and yes she lost the baby weight without using her powers now.

Smiling at the woman she picked up the water bottle and held it out to the woman and said, "Twins? Or I would assume so judging by your size. I just had a set myself. A month of bed rest at least I had, about killed me of boredom. You're lucky to still be able to get around, even if you weeble-wabble."

Miss GryffindorK

((OoC))

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:20 pm
User Image
User Image

I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ ғʟᴀᴍᴇ. I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅ ᴅᴏɢ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs.
I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ ʜᴀʟғ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜʀɢʟᴀss. I ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ.

Cyd started walking away, when a woman grabbed her bottle. The brunette was about to protest, when the bottle was returned. She moved to say a small word of thanks, when the blond piped up about twins. A fire lit in Cyd's eyes, the woman obviously angered by the comment. "Twins? I'm... not. I'm sevenish months along with one. ONE. A boy." She crossed her arms, conveniently laying them on her bump... well, more of a protrusion now, but whichever. She didn't know this blonde, and even if she had just had twins, it was still horribly rude to insist that she was THAT fat! "Yes, only one. Why would you even think I was having two!? I'm not even that round... yet! ...am I really that big?" She felt her mood swinging again, but she was doing everything in her power to avoid looking weak. She sipped her water, then looked at her belly, which she was pretty sure was visibly moving with the baby.

Sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴘᴀʏ-ᴏғғ ғᴏʀ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴀɴʏ ғᴀɪᴛʜ ɪs ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ's ᴛᴇsᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴅᴀʏ.
I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀʀɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ. Iᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ sᴜᴛᴜʀᴇs.

{Out of Character:}
mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:34 pm
User Image
"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather
Mother of twins

Chrissy chuckled, her eyes dancing green for a moment as the brunette snapped at her about her comment. Obviously, Chrissy was not the slightest bit bothered or ruffled by the woman's irritation. "Only seven months? Hmm... well, I dear say the child will be on the heavier scale of babies born. Granted, as long as the child isn't much over ten pounds being larger than average usually just makes the child stronger. I don't envy you having the boy though."

She shrugged, crossing her arms and raising a brow as the woman went on to snap she wasn't that round and then demanding if she was really that big. Chrissy nodded dryly and said, "Not at a unhealthy weight at least considering you are pregnant. Besides, even at seven or eight months with one child the body shape of 'round' is to be expected. Look on the bright side, you couldn't even tell I had twins less than a week after they were born. Granted, I eat healthy and take care of myself a lot better than most do." Chrissy didn't bother to point out she could ensure she looked fabulous and thin right after having twins because she was a metamorphagus. Besides, it wasn't that hard to stay thin? Hell, look how much Sophie ate and drunk (well most of the time, she tended to stick to a more liquid alcoholic diet a day or two before the full moon and a day after) and she was still fairly thin. Well, almost as thin as Chrissy was, though a bit curvier.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't introduce myself," She added brightly, holding out a hand, "I'm Christina Dechering."

Miss GryffindorK

((OoC))

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:02 pm
User Image
User Image

Cydney was practically shaking with annoyance at the blonde's words. "I'll have you know that he is perfectly healthy for his age. Not some giant demon baby." She lay a hand on her belly, feeling London's little feet. "And what the hell do you mean you 'don't envy me'? Maybe I wanted a boy." Why would she assume a boy was bad? Maybe she was one of those girly twits like her younger sisters. She hiccuped again, then lifted an eyebrow at her belly, where her baby was clearly having a party. God she wanted a drink.

The blonde insisted that Cyd was healthy, though still round. She claimed her own success was due to her health. "You can bet your a** that I won't allow myself to linger in this state a moment longer than needed. I'm not one to accept less than perfection of myself." She looked at the woman, not wanting to mention her lingering adoration of peanut butter, which she ate by the spoonful, or her other odd eating habits, most of which made Loki and Tiffany cringe uncomfortably. She didn't like this feeling of scrutiny that the other woman was exuding. When the blonde finally got around to introducing herself, Cyd tilted her head up a bit. "Cydney Wakefield." There wasn't much she could reasonably say about herself, without feeling more and more vulnerable, so she chose to put on a false bravado for now. The brunette extended her hand to shake Christina's, then nodded once, before returning her hand to where her son could cuddle it.

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:45 pm
User Image
"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Mother of twins

She chuckled at Cydny's indignity her eyes having settled to a neon green as she continued chuckling and shaking her head before waving a hand, "Darlin', I'm a healer and not some poduck healer without a lick of proper training either. It's easy enough to see you and the child are healthy enough."

"As for why I don't envy you," She said pausing with a small sigh and shake of her head, "It isn't I have a problem with boys. Actually I reckon they are less headaches than girls, I don't envy you having such a large child. Seems a wee bit more painful than smaller infants to deliver." She shrugged still smiling and merely raising a brow as Cydney snapped she didn't plan to stay in 'this state' a moment longer and aimed for perfection herself. When Cydney introduced herself, Chrissy nodded with a small smile and a shrug.

"Nice to meet you, ma'am," Chrissy said. "Anyways, congratulations on the upcoming son. Or I hope it is a congratulations you want."

Miss GryffindorK

((OoC))

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:54 pm
User Image
User Image

Cydney watched the blonde, Christina, chuckle lightly, rolling her brown eyes. The woman declared herself a healer, then decided Cyd and her baby were healthy. "I could have told you that. I've never been a lick less than healthy as long as I've been alive. As for London, he's currently on clip with where he needs to be, and if he goes to due date, they're estimating eight and a half pounds in weight. I've got a high threshold for pain. I'll be fine." She nodded, then rubbed her belly, where her son was kicking again. Christina claimed pleasure at the meeting, then said congratulations... maybe? "Had you asked a few months ago, I'd tell you I didn't ever want kids... but now? ...Now I think I can handle it. He may be a pest already, but he's gonna be my son, and I'll do what it takes to give him a good life." She glanced down, then looked back at the woman, a small frown on her lips. She could handle this.... right?

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:42 pm
❤ ❤ ❤ 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓲𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓲𝓷𝓿𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓮𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 ❤ ❤ ❤

User Image

xxxWedding Partyxxx
Best Man - Galen Hall
Best Lady - Laili Abrams

xxxWedding Guestsxxx
(( all guests are permitted to bring children and a +1 ))

The Ellis-Hall Family
The Ellis Family
The Lovell Family
The Hawthorne Family
The Abrams Family
The Wakefield Family
The Cohen Family

Edward and Angelica Sterling
Clay and Denise Walker

Aidene Kieran
Shui Quan
Ceallachan O'Madaidhin
Maura McDonald
Ruaridh Murdoch
Gwendolyn Hier

Miss GryffindorK"[/quote]
[quote="Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Kungfudemoness

addaellis

kiska166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇾ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Loch & Key Tavern
xxx⇾ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Family and Friends
xxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Wedding Reception
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I am in so much love

Theo couldn't believe it. After dating for forever he and Nath were finally married. It had been a beautiful ceremony, which a good chunk of the family helped to set up. After the ceremony, they all went to the Ellis family's tavern, where they'd hold their reception. Honestly, since walking up the aisle, Theo couldn't help but notice his eyes kept turning to look at his new husband. He offered a soft kiss to Nath, a warm flush in his cheeks. It was so much cooler to have a husband than a boyfriend, or even a fiance. Once at the tavern, Theo greeted a few various friends and family members, then slid his hand to Nath's, entwining their fingers with a gentle squeeze.

MJ Spooks

If the squeaky wheel's always gettin' the grease I'm totally devoted to disturbing the peace
And I'll do it all again, when I get done until I become your number one
No method to the madness, and no means of escape gonna break every rule or bend them all outta shape
It ain't a question of "how", just a matter of when you get the message that I'm tryin' to send
I'm under a spell, I'm in over my head and you know I'm going all the way to the end
To stand out, above the crowd! Even if I gotta shout out loud 'til mine is the only face you see.
Gonna stand out 'til ya notice me!
If I could make you stop and take a look at me instead of just, walkin' by
There's nothin that I wouldn't do if it was gettin' you to notice
I'm alive. All I need is half a chance, a second thought, a second glance
To prove, I got whatever it takes. It's a piece of cake

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              ιғ тнe нeavenѕ ever dιd ѕpeaĸ, ѕнe'ѕ тнe laѕт тrυe мoυтнpιece
                                              every ѕυnday'ѕ geттιng мore вleaĸ, a ғreѕн poιѕon eacн weeĸ
                                              "we were вorn ѕιcĸ", yoυ нeard тнeм ѕay ιт
                                              мy cнυrcн oғғerѕ no aвѕolυтeѕ, ѕнe тellѕ мe, "worѕнιp ιn тнe вedrooм"
                                              тнe only нeaven ι'll вe ѕenт тo ιѕ wнen ι'м alone wιтн yoυ

spaceNath had to admit, he was more than thrilled that the wedding was over. Partially because it meant he and Theo were finally married, and thus all of the whinging asking when it was going to happen would stop. But also partially because planning the damn thing had been stressful as hell, especially since he and Theo had their jobs to balance. Running a small business and being the only person in a whole theater company who knew how to build a set from start to finish did not leave a lot of time for things like planning major life events. He never would've had time at all if Cel and Maura hadn't basically forced his hand. And if they didn't have Theo's whole family tripping over themselves to help. It was nice, he'd remembered, to have family that supported him. To be honest, he'd forgotten what that felt like.

spaceHe was in the middle of squeezing his new husband's fingers in response to his own gesture, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek, when he had the thought. As if it'd summoned them, his grandparents started over. He sighed, then took his drink from the bar and downed it in a single drink. He glanced over at the bartender, whose name he figured he ought to ask Theo's Uncle Les about, because they might be getting very well acquainted here in the next few minutes. The man dutifully refilled the glass, which Nath barely managed to only take a drink of rather than downing again.

spaceHe straightened, eyes narrowing as he whispered to Theo,
                                              "You can bail if you like," trying to keep his lips mostly still so that they wouldn't notice him talking. He and Theo were, of course, married now, and he'd ideally like his husband's support with this. But he could also acknowledge that he'd been the one to introduce them, despite the bad history, and that it wasn't really fair to force everyone else to live through his drama. He hadn't really expected them to come; it'd been an olive branch, yes, but not one he'd thought they'd take. He still wasn't sure if they'd come to cause problems, or to make amends. He guessed he'd find out soon enough.

spaceThe elderly couple stopped in front of the newlyweds, looking distinctly uncomfortable. They were holding hands, a tactic they'd always used to showcase a united front during difficult situations. Nath's lips formed a thin line, his teeth gritted together.
                                              "If you're going to cause a scene," he said slowly, "we should take this outside. Hate for my in-laws to have to throw you out." He actually wouldn't hate that at all, it'd probably be kind of funny. But it would also be sad, and this was his wedding day. Not exactly ideal.

spaceHis grandfather visibly bristled, but his grandmother looked stricken, placing a hand atop her husband's. The gesture meant, 'stay quiet,' Nath knew. He almost wished she hadn't done it, that she'd let him say whatever was on his mind. But that would've constituted causing a scene, he imagined.

space"I don't think that will be necessary," she said, though she didn't sound particularly sure. "Nathaniel, we just... oh, we're just glad you invited us at all." At this, she got a little teary-eyed, and he was taken aback. From his grandfather's stance, he hadn't been expecting that. Not at all. Even more surprising, she released Edward's hand to step forward and reach out to Nath, hands hovering like she would've placed her hands on his cheeks, if she'd thought she was welcome. The last time she'd touched him like that, she'd been taller than he was.

spaceHis grandfather coughed lightly, which was code for 'get it together, Angelica.' Edward Sterling had never been especially comfortable with excessive shows of emotion. Some things never changed, Nath supposed. But, to his immense surprise, the older man followed it up by holding a hand out to Theo. "Know we've met before," he said, somewhat awkwardly, "but it's been years and things haven't been good since then, so. It's... it's good to meet you again, I suppose."

no мaѕтerѕ or ĸιngѕ wнen тнe rιтυal вegιnѕ
                                              тнere ιѕ no ѕweeтer ιnnocence тнan oυr genтle ѕιn
                                              ιn тнe мadneѕѕ and ѕoιl oғ тнaт ѕad earтнly ѕcene
                                              only тнen ι aм нυмan only тнen ι aм clean
                                              oн, oн, aмen, aмen, aмen - тaĸe мe тo cнυrcн

wнere - Wedding Reception
                                              wнen - Spring 2053
                                              wιтн - Theo - His grandparents
                                              - ooc -
                                              - - -

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇾ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Loch & Key Tavern
xxx⇾ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Nath, Mr and Mrs Sterling
xxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Wedding Reception
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I am in so much love

Theo sighed softly when Nath told him he could bail. He whispered back, "not a chance, husband." He offered a small smile, then squeezed Nath's hand. A few seconds later, Nath's grandparents walked over, looking uncomfortable. Ah, the joys of homophobic old people. It did, however, humor Theo a bit when Nath mentioned summoning the army of Theo's relatives to throw out his grandparents if needed. It would work, there were enough people.

Unfortunately, that plan wouldn't come to fruition, as Nath's grandparents seemed... off. His grandmother spoke up, saying she was glad they'd been invited. Theo thought back to their wedding planning, when they'd been debating on inviting them at all. Apparently it had turned out to be a good thing. Theo watched the woman wipe away tears, then reach out to almost grab Nath's face, but it seemed like something was preventing her. He watched the moment, until his attention was called by Nath's Grandfather.

Theo looked at the hand offered by the older man, who mentioned that they'd met before, but he continued, saying things hadn't been good between them. Then he said it was nice to meet again. Theo shook the man's hand, smiling a bit. "It's nice to meet you again too, Mr Sterling. I am glad you guys were able to come today." He then wrapped his arm protectively around Nath's shoulders, glad they were together.

MJ Spooks

If the squeaky wheel's always gettin' the grease I'm totally devoted to disturbing the peace
And I'll do it all again, when I get done until I become your number one
No method to the madness, and no means of escape gonna break every rule or bend them all outta shape
It ain't a question of "how", just a matter of when you get the message that I'm tryin' to send
I'm under a spell, I'm in over my head and you know I'm going all the way to the end
To stand out, above the crowd! Even if I gotta shout out loud 'til mine is the only face you see.
Gonna stand out 'til ya notice me!
If I could make you stop and take a look at me instead of just, walkin' by
There's nothin that I wouldn't do if it was gettin' you to notice
I'm alive. All I need is half a chance, a second thought, a second glance
To prove, I got whatever it takes. It's a piece of cake

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100