Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Plotting
Calling all incoming First Years!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:46 pm
Recently, I completed work on my first second generation in-guild character to attend Hogwarts (I've been here a while...) and I noticed something: most first years hardly know anything about each other! Like even things heard in passing. I mean, most students brought up in the wizarding world at least knew of Harry. Certainly there's got to be some of that going on here. So the purpose of this thread:

1. To figure out how first years may have known of each other/know each other (parents work together, neighbors, etc.).

2. To get to know each other (there's new members, I'm just old, but I like new members a lot!)

3. Maybe to get some advanced planning going.

In this spoiler will be a list of the current incoming First Years!

Alice Beckstead: Daughter of NPCs both deceased (father owned a shop in Diagon Alley at one time). Half-sister (and legal guardian): Emilia Beckstead (St. Mungo's Wecome Witch)
Born in London. Raised in London
Romantic Orientation/Sexual Orientation: officially yet to be determined. (Most likely Homoromantic/and Bisexual, though primarily homosexual)
House Prediction: Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff
User: mc2

Matilda Collins: Daughter/Son of Lena Collins(Muggle Liaison Office) and Andrew Collins(Muggle police officer)[deceased]. Granddaughter of Cornelius Francis Gaius Belbybrook(former Herbologist).
Born in London. Raised in Chudley
Straight (but currently unaware of sexuality)
House Prediction: Hufflepuff
User: SummerIsles

Asteria Frey: Daughter of Bartholomew and Cecelia Frey (both upper middle class muggles with management positions in fairly successful companies)
Born in London. Raised in Dorset.
Officially yet to be determined, most likely going to be panromantic bisexual.
House Prediction: Gryffindor or Slytherin. Prolly Gryffindor.
User: The Forgotten Weasley

Levi Gamble: Son of Sebastian Gamble (Muggle lawyer), Sam Gamble (Muggle journalist)
Born in London, Raised in Bath
Heterosexual
House Prediction: Gryffindor
User: King Beardly

Avian Lovette: Son of Ezekiel Lovette (Works for the Dep. for the Control and Regulation of Magical Creatures) and Arianna Lovette (Housewife). Cousin of Echo and Gypsy Lovette. Nephew of Thackery and Piper Lovette.
Born and Raised in Rutland, England
Sexual Orientation -- Straight, for now.
House Prediction: Ravenclaw
User: Jade Galaksylph

Indiana Quake: Daughter of Erica Quake (Waitress).
Born and raised all over the UK.
Sexuality undetermined.
House Prediction: No idea.
User: AddyAbnormal

Cordelia Quimby-Winthrop: Daughter of Eleanor Quimby (Head of the Ludicrous Patents Office) and Tristan Winthrop (Muggle Police Officer). Half sister to Alexandria Quimby-Scott, Dalton Quimby-Scott, and Rosabella Winthrop (all current students).
Born and raised in Gloucestershire.
House Prediction: Hufflepuff or maaaaybe Gryffindor
User: kiska166

William Zephyr Radcliffe: Son of Aravis Rosentha/Radcliffe/Wyn (Healer) and William Radcliffe (deceased). Step-son of Darryn Wyn (Welsh Quidditch Team Chaser). Step-Nephew of Gwynfair Wyn (Minister for Magic) and Cadoc Wyn (Welsh Quidditch Team Captain). Born in London. Raised in London.
Panromantic/Heterosexual.
User: Violet the Maestro

Zephyros Whitethorne: Son of Deveron Whitethorne (School Governor). Nephew of Gearvin Whitethorne (Ownerof Whizz Hard Books). Cousin to Eretria (Captain and chaser for English quidditch team), Christopher (Head of the Dragon Clan of vampires, squib), Tanya (Gryffindor Head Girl), and Timothy (Ravenclaw 4th year)
Unknown as of now
User: Diamond Wales

Megan Yurczyszyn: Daughter of Amelia Yurczyszyn (works for the Daily Prophet) and Erik Yurczyszyn (Muggle Police Officer)
Born in Cardiff. Raised in London
Romantic Orientation/Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
User: Elemental Rhythm

In this spoiler will be code for you to post to get your character added to the list!

[quote="Violet the Maestro"][/quote]
[b]FirstName LastName[/b]: Daughter/Son of: Name (Job). [Include any other notable family members]
Born in (city). Raised in (city)
Romantic Orientation/Sexual Orientation
House Prediction: What house do you think your character will get?
User: Username

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:25 pm
Sure, I'm game!

Violet the Maestro

Matilda Collins: Daughter/Son of Lena Collins(Muggle Liaison Office) and Andrew Collins(Muggle police officer)[deceased]. Granddaughter of Cornelius Francis Gaius Belbybrook(former Herbologist).
Born in London. Raised in Chudley
User: SummerIsles  

SummerIsles

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:29 am
Why not add my shy little Alice to the mix?

Violet the Maestro

Alice Beckstead: Daughter of: NPCs both deceased (father owned a shop in Diagon Alley at one time). Half-sister (and legal guardian): Emilia Beckstead (St. Mungo's Wecome Witch)
Romantic Orientation/Sexual Orientation: officially yet to be determined. (Most likely Homoromantic/and Bisexual, though primarily homosexual)
House Prediction: Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff
User: mc2  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:11 am
Violet the Maestro

Levi Gamble: Son of: Sebastian Gamble (Muggle lawyer), Sam Gamble (Muggle journalist)
Born in London, Raised in Bath
Heterosexual
User: King Beardly  

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:52 pm

SummerIsles

Added to the list, your PM has been noted and shall be responded to shortly. o3o

mc2

Added to the list. Perhaps Alice and William Zephyr know each other cause maybe Emilia knows Aravis? Like at the least they might have been forced to go to parties together or something or like "Take Your Child to Work Day".

King Beardly

Added to the list. Perhaps there shall be more plotting should we both get Gryffindor. o3o

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:01 pm
Violet the Maestro

Zephyros Whitethorne: Son of: Deveron Whitethorne (School Governor). Nephew of Gearvin Whitethorne (Ownerof Whizz Hard Books). Cousin to Eretria (Captain and chaser for English quidditch team), Christopher (Head of the Dragon Clan of vampires, squib), Tanya (Gryffindor Head Girl), and Timothy (Ravenclaw 4th year)
Unknown as of now
User: Diamond Wales  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:05 pm
Diamond Wales

Added to the list o3o

I don't know if maybe William Zephyr and Zephyros know of each other cause of the Wyn brothers and Eretria. Maybe they'd have like a little rivalry or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:59 pm
Violet the Maestro

Asteria Frey: Daughter of: Bartholomew and Cecelia Frey (both upper middle class muggles with management positions in fairly successful companies)
Born in London. Raised in Dorset.
Officially yet to be determined, most likely going to be panromantic bisexual.
House Prediction: Gryffindor or Slytherin. Prolly Gryffindor.
User: The Forgotten Weasley

(I dunno how useful this will be with Aster, being a muggleborn just entering the wizarding world, but.... I figured why not!)  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:00 pm
Violet the Maestro

Avian Lovette: Son of: Ezekiel Lovette (Works for the Dep. for the Control and Regulation of Magical Creatures) and Arianna Lovette (Housewife). Cousin of Echo and Gypsy Lovette. Nephew of Thackery and Piper Lovette.
Born and Raised in Rutland, England
Sexual Orientation -- Straight, for now.
User: Jade Galaksylph  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:41 pm
Violet the Maestro

Cordelia Quimby-Winthrop: Daughter of: Eleanor Quimby (Head of the Ludicrous Patents Office) and Tristan Winthrop (Muggle Police Officer). Half sister to Alexandria Quimby-Scott, Dalton Quimby-Scott, and Rosabella Winthrop (all current students).
Born and raised in Gloucestershire.
House Prediction: Hufflepuff or maaaaybe Gryffindor
User: kiska166  

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

AddyAbnormal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:20 pm
Violet the Maestro

Indiana Quake: Daughter of: Erica Quake (Waitress).
Born and raised all over the UK.
Sexuality undetermined.
House Prediction: No idea.
User: AddyAbnormal  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:51 am
Violet the Maestro

FirstName LastName: Megan Yurczyszyn
Daughter of: Amelia Yurczyszyn (works for the Daily Prophet) and Erik Yurczyszyn (Muggle Police Officer)
Born in Cardiff. Raised in London
Romantic Orientation/Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
User: Elemental Rhythm

Unknown Lifeform Brett

High-functioning Lunatic

20,015 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:55 pm
The Forgotten Weasley

Added to the list. It still might be useful for finding other muggleborns. And I have this thing that you can kinda tell who the ones raised in the muggle world are just because all of it's so new.

Jade Galaksylph

Added to the list! o3o

kiska166

Added to the list! o3o

AddyAbnormal

Added to the list! o3o

Elemental Rhythm

Added to the list! I don't know how much Megan's into gossip and rumors, but I've been totally prepared to have William Zephyr's family be something to make rumors off of if you're interested. o3o  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:10 pm
Violet the Maestro
Added to the list! I don't know how much Megan's into gossip and rumors, but I've been totally prepared to have William Zephyr's family be something to make rumors off of if you're interested. o3o

Generally, she enjoys hearing and sharing gossip and rumours, although if they're farfetched she'll certainly question the person's source of information.

However, if it's something cruel and meant to be harmful (like spreading a lie that someone wet the bed until age 10) then she'll get angry on that person's behalf. She likes gossip, but she doesn't like people using it to bully others.

Overall, I'd have to say yeah, Megan would be interested in hearing (and even sharing) gossip about William's family (and others wink ).

Unknown Lifeform Brett

High-functioning Lunatic

20,015 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items