Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
♔⋰⋰Roleplay Help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissLivingDeadGirl

Spiritual Lionheart

9,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:17 am
Hi guys! I'm pretty new to the roleplay scene. I had a question about what programs work best to make layouts. Right now all I have is GIMP 2, but I see that most people use Photoshop.
Are there any good, free, alternatives to Photoshop that would have the same effects and such?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:12 pm
MissLivingDeadGirl
Hi guys! I'm pretty new to the roleplay scene. I had a question about what programs work best to make layouts. Right now all I have is GIMP 2, but I see that most people use Photoshop.
Are there any good, free, alternatives to Photoshop that would have the same effects and such?

I've got a thread in my subscription list that just might help. c: It's a guide/tutorial for making RP post layouts. It's chock full of info, so it looks like a scary wall of text (with some pretty examples to break it up). The thread goes on for pages... @ .@ Give it a chance though, it has some great tips. XD

It has links in the first post to help you navigate, but the third post down should help. ^^

User Image

I can't recommend any specific sites or programs. I've only done a bit of simple editing with GIMP 2.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

MissLivingDeadGirl

Spiritual Lionheart

9,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:11 pm
sdrawkcab
MissLivingDeadGirl

I've got a thread in my subscription list that just might help. c: It's a guide/tutorial for making RP post layouts. It's chock full of info, so it looks like a scary wall of text (with some pretty examples to break it up). The thread goes on for pages... @ .@ Give it a chance though, it has some great tips. XD

It has links in the first post to help you navigate, but the third post down should help. ^^

User Image

I can't recommend any specific sites or programs. I've only done a bit of simple editing with GIMP 2.

Thank you so much! ~ This is super helpful. I appreciate it. (:  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:49 pm
sdrawkcab
MissLivingDeadGirl

User Image

lol I was about to suggest this thread!  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:55 pm
MissLivingDeadGirl

The guide mentioned above has a list of programs, some of which are free. I haven't used many, other than PicMonkey, which is great for making blank images to structure posts. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:03 pm
Darkerdemons
MissLivingDeadGirl

The guide mentioned above has a list of programs, some of which are free. I haven't used many, other than PicMonkey, which is great for making blank images to structure posts. ninja

What I'm mostly wanting to make are the "L-shaped" layouts? You know what I mean? I just don't know how to go about it.  

MissLivingDeadGirl

Spiritual Lionheart

9,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tipsy 100

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:06 pm
MissLivingDeadGirl

What I'm mostly wanting to make are the "L-shaped" layouts? You know what I mean? I just don't know how to go about it.

wink Does this help (same guide).  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:12 am
heart  

Aya Miyazawa

Adorable Seeker

3,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

lolly kin

Kin

14,025 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:11 am
I've been thinking about starting role playing soon so this helps a TON! More motivation to actually start. (:  
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games